╌>

Trump protege mocks coronavirus fears on the floor of the US House

Category:  News & Politics

By:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  21 comments

Trump protege mocks coronavirus fears on the floor of the US House

ESTW46VUUAA1VR2?format=png&name=small

Matt Gaetz is pathetic. His entire existence is built on trying to get Trump's attention and praise...

4NlcjxRF?format=jpg&name=900x900

Matt Gaetz mocks essential coronavirus funding by strapping on a gas mask

While many have joked that the coronavirus is the beginning of a zombie apocalypse, the truth is that it’s a highly contagious disease

4TM3zGs3_bigger.jpg

Mark Hertling

@MarkHertling

·

2h

If any troll wants to say

is “owning” me because I’m commenting, so be it. But I’ll respond that this is the most immature and unprofessional things I’ve ever seen from a member of Congress. Comport yourself with some dignity, Mr Gaetz , you represent people in Florida.

Quote Tweet

n1tU4WLx_normal.jpg

Rep. Matt Gaetz

@RepMattGaetz

· 2h

Reviewing the coronavirus supplemental appropriation and preparing to go vote.

ESSzGWcWsAUiYdM?format=jpg&name=small

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    4 years ago

Matt Gaetz is a Trump protege, who has spent endless hours polishing Trump's nuts. 

I'd like to see a reporter ask Trump to comment on his student jackassing in the halls of Congress about a medical issue that is causing concern around the world. 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.1  1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
1.1.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  1stwarrior @1.1    4 years ago

Exactly, Fuck every potential pandemic ever. 

Let's look at a human timeline [ deleted: ]

And god do I hate to use the history channel as a source for anything these days.; 

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2  lady in black    4 years ago

He is a sleazy scumbag...why doesn't this shit for brains go the families that have lost loved ones to this virus.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  lady in black @2    4 years ago

There's probably a special place in hell for those who spent time on earth kissing Donald Trump's ass. 

Trump of course wants it both ways, with one face he tells the country he supports funding to fight the virus, with another face he sends his jackasses into Congress to protest spending the money.  This way he can take both sides in case some of his insane supporters complain that their tax payer money was spent to protect the health of the homeless, the unemployed and foreigners. 

Ender
Professor Principal
2.2  Ender  replied to  lady in black @2    4 years ago

I wish people in districts would actually see what some of these people do, how they act and vote them out.

We have an overload of idiots in congress making it a lifelong career.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  author  JohnRussell    4 years ago

By the way Gaetz did vote yes on the funding. He is on both sides of the issue too. 

Ender
Professor Principal
4  Ender    4 years ago

He looks better with the mask on.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5  Buzz of the Orient    4 years ago

I'm one person who can say that the virus is NO JOKE - I've been living through it.  Almost everything is closed here, and thankfully hardly anyone is out there.  I went out to the bank today, first time out of our home in 6 weeks.  Only a few places for necessities such as food stores and pharmacies and banks are open and nobody goes in them, or even returns to their apartment building without first getting a fever check.  I have to be super careful because of my advanced age.  Everybody outside is wearing a mask, whether or not they are effective.  All of that notwithstanding that in Chongqing where I live, a city-state of 32 million, there have been only less than 600 cases, less than 100 still in hospital with the rest recovered, no deaths at all, and no new cases for more than a week.  I hope for all of you that you do not experience what I have gone through and am still going through.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.2  Sparty On  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5    4 years ago

Hope you and yours stay safe and healthy Buzz!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sparty On @5.2    4 years ago

Thank you Sparty, and you too Jim.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6  Sparty On    4 years ago

Whats up with the formatting of this article John?   This is not the first time i've seen you do this and its almost unreadable.

Is it suppose to make people read it more or something?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Baron Creek
Junior Quiet
7  Baron Creek    4 years ago

A proper fitting mask would prevent any odors from seeping in, so he likely didn't realize the stink he was in.jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif Probably should cut (pardon the pun) the guy a break.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Baron Creek @7    4 years ago

If you were to use "reply" we all might know who you were directing your comment to and who you were referring to.

Baron Creek
Junior Quiet
7.1.1  Baron Creek  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7.1    4 years ago

Like this? I was commenting on the guy wearing the mask in the article, not to anyone in any thread. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.1.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Baron Creek @7.1.1    4 years ago

ok

This could be the only way to be completely safe - these are doctors in Wuhan hospitals.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
8  Thrawn 31    4 years ago

Fucking idiot. We have already spent $50,000 because of retards like him. 

Wash your fucking hands, and don't touch your goddamn face. 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
8.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  Thrawn 31 @8    4 years ago

On a more serious note, don't listen to politicians (especially the executive office), listen to public health officials and take their advice. Wash your hands frequently, use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not immediately available, avoid people who are sick (i.e. relentless coughing, sneezing, or generally looking like shit), get checked out if you are feeling bad, and m95 masks will not do shit to protect you (leave them for medical professionals), and for fucks sake wash your filthy goddamn hands. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
9  Kavika     4 years ago

Soap and water, don't touch face...If you have to carry a damn note giving you instructions, do it.