╌>

Elizabeth Warren has dropped out of the presidential campaign

Category:  News & Politics

By:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  81 comments

Elizabeth Warren has dropped out of the presidential campaign

Elizabeth Warren's office says that she will make a speech announcing she is ending her efforts to win the Democratic Party nomination for president. 

She is not expected to make an endorsement of either of the two remaining candidates at this point. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    4 years ago

BOSTON — Senator   Elizabeth Warren   of Massachusetts plans to drop out of the presidential race on Thursday and will inform her staff of her plans later this morning, according to a person close to her, ending a run defined by an avalanche of policy plans that aimed to pull the Democratic Party to the left and appealed to enough voters to make her briefly a front-runner last fall, but that proved unable to translate excitement from elite progressives into backing from the party’s more working-class and diverse base.

Though her support had eroded by Super Tuesday, in her final weeks as a candidate she effectively drove the centrist billionaire,   former New York Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg, out of the race   with debate performances that flashed her evident skills and political potential.

She entered the race railing against the corrosive power of big money, and one long-term consequence of her campaign is that Ms. Warren demonstrated that someone other than Senator Bernie Sanders, and his intensely loyal small-dollar donors, could fund a credible presidential campaign without holding fund-raisers.

Her potential endorsement is highly sought after in the race and both Mr. Sanders and former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. have spoken with Ms. Warren since Super Tuesday, when the end of her campaign appeared imminent.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

I don't think she really had much of a shot. Her constant go for the jugular approach and constant self back slapping during the debates eroded her chances and turned off many of her support base. Big question now is who she will have her base support. I'm betting she will back Bernie.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

Coming from a candidate whose net worth is around 12 million between herself and her husband, to rail against big money always sounded kind of strange.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2  lady in black    4 years ago

Very disappointed in her....years ago I had much respect for her, now not so much

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  lady in black @2    4 years ago

She has done nothing wrong, she is a warrior for her goals, and they are praiseworthy goals. 

katrix
Sophomore Participates
2.1.2  katrix  replied to    4 years ago
How was she, I mean we, going to pay for those goals?

That's the problem. She had no practical plan for that. Free stuff is not free.

I don't watch debates, but I've heard from many on the left, and independents, that her constant attacks turned them off.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.3  Ozzwald  replied to  katrix @2.1.2    4 years ago
That's the problem. She had no practical plan for that. Free stuff is not free.

She outlined exactly how on her website.  Just because you refused to look doesn't mean there isn't an answer to your question.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
2.1.4  katrix  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.3    4 years ago

I haven't seen her website, but I've read plenty of articles about it - and her plan did not seem practical to me.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.5  Ozzwald  replied to  katrix @2.1.4    4 years ago
I haven't seen her website, but I've read plenty of articles about it

As I said, just because you refuse to look, doesn't mean there isn't an answer to your question.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
2.1.6  katrix  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.5    4 years ago

And as I stated, I don't think her answer is practical.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.7  Sparty On  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.5    4 years ago

She didn't have a VIABLE plan to pay for ALL the free stuff she was proposing and where she did it wouldn't work.   Her single payer health care system for example.   She's is lying about it not costing the middle class anything but thats okay.   If and when she ever got it, the plan was to beg forgiveness from all the people she knowingly lied to.   Which includes the entire middle class no matter what lies she is telling.   Whatever it takes right?

Paying for the rest of her free stuff is even more problematic.   Student loan forgiveness from day one?   No problem that adds over one trillion in the first year.   New Green Deal?   Another 5-10 trillion per year with no viable way to pay for either without raising taxes on everyone.   Etc, etc.

Pay hospitals and doctors significantly less to help pay for her single payer health plan.   No problem .... watch hospitals fold and doctors leave their practices in droves.   Need hernia surgery?   No problem but you have to wait 6-12 months.   You can wait can't you?

But folks looking for more free shit love her right?   At least Bernie is being honest about raising taxes and voters saw right through Warren.   So now she is gone.

Lies, more lies, they're all damn lies Warren.   Good riddance.

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
2.1.8  MonsterMash  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    4 years ago
she is a warrior for her goals

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcelebritiesindisgrace.files.wordpress.com%2F2011%2F12%2F83350_elizabeth-warren-by-taylor-jones-politicalcartoons.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.9  Ozzwald  replied to  katrix @2.1.6    4 years ago
And as I stated, I don't think her answer is practical.

My point is that you are not looking at her answer, you are looking at someone else's opinion to her answer.  Before you make a decision, shouldn't you get the facts 1st and opinions 2nd?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.11  Ozzwald  replied to  gooseisgone @2.1.10    4 years ago
I think Warren's math is similar to Brian Williams math

[Deleted]

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
4  1stwarrior    4 years ago
  • Sen. Elizabeth Warren will drop out of the Democratic presidential race, leaving former Vice President Joe Biden and Sen. Bernie Sanders as the last major contenders for the nomination.
  • Warren’s exit — like that of billionaire Mike Bloomberg — came after the Massachusetts senator’s poor showings in crucial Super Tuesday contests.
  • It leaves what was once a historically diverse Democratic field essentially narrowed to two white men in their seventies.
  • It was not immediately clear if the progressive Massachusetts senator planned to endorse one of her rivals, a move which could be pivotal as Biden and Sanders jockey for a delegate lead. 

And, this is the "best" that the Dems/Libs have to offer?????  OMG.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1  Ozzwald  replied to  1stwarrior @4    4 years ago

And, this is the "best" that the Dems/Libs have to offer?????  OMG.

You say that while supporting this guy!!?????!!!!???

djt.jpg donald-trump.jpg 151216201256-faces-of-donald-trump-sequel-moos-dnt-erin-00013313-large-169.jpg

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
4.1.1  1stwarrior  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1    4 years ago

Don't support that guy.  Next ridiculous claim?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.2  Ozzwald  replied to  1stwarrior @4.1.1    4 years ago

Don't support that guy.  Next ridiculous claim?

Sorry, you just made the next ridiculous claim.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.3  author  JohnRussell  replied to  1stwarrior @4.1.1    4 years ago

[deleted]

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.5  CB  replied to    4 years ago

Well, we are not conservatives, so we disagree. For that matter, "many people" conservatives disagree with you too!

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.6  Ozzwald  replied to    4 years ago

Trump is doing a fine job of saving the country!

From what?  Intelligence?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1    4 years ago

Who one supports doesn't have a damn thing to do with Democratic candidates--even the ones who have dropped out.

P.S.  This is NOT about Trump.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.8  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.7    4 years ago
P.S.  This is NOT about Trump.

Have you told Wally that????

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.8    4 years ago
Have you told Wally that????

FFS, dude, you are the one who injected Trump into an article that has nothing to do with him.

Own it, don't try to blame others.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
4.1.10  1stwarrior  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.2    4 years ago

Ozz - talk where people can understand you.  Your one-liners are very nebulous and, as usual, off topic.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
4.1.11  1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.3    4 years ago

John - lying is not beneficial for you.  I have NEVER supported Trump, the person.  I support some of the policies this administration has implemented, but that's it.

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.12  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.9    4 years ago

Actually Wallyw, brought in Biden and Sanders which tilted the table and moi probably first mentioned the word, "Trump."  It's fair play because we are yet discussing politics and "the Mouth" Trump is all over the place talking when he should be quiet. So we can discuss him too - especially if John Russell (the Seeder) is not against doing so.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.13  Ozzwald  replied to  CB @4.1.12    4 years ago
Actually Wallyw, brought in Biden and Sanders which tilted the table and moi first mentioned the word, "Trump."

Texan just doesn't like anyone bringing up shit that he cannot whitewash.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.14  Texan1211  replied to  CB @4.1.12    4 years ago

Perhaps you should look at the pictures posted in post 4.1.

Don't piss on MY leg and attempt to tell me its raining!

Now, if you have any EVIDENCE to  support your ridiculous claim, please do show it to me.

Should I wait?

And Wally bringing Biden and Sanders into it isn't the same as bringing Trump into it.

But go ahead and show me where I am wrong that Ozzie brought Trump up.

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.15  CB  replied to  1stwarrior @4.1.11    4 years ago

Well, that's clarifying—NOT!  How about this which democrat/s in congress do you support?  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.16  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.13    4 years ago
Texan just doesn't like anyone bringing up shit that he cannot whitewash.  

No, what I don't like is that EVERY freaking article having anything NEAR to do with politics is overrun by smarmy "I HATE TRUMP" screeds from the usual suspects.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.17  Texan1211  replied to  CB @4.1.12    4 years ago
Actually Wallyw, brought in Biden and Sanders 

Please give me a quote form his post starting at #4 where he did that.

Since you claimed it, I am confident you can prove it, right?

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.18  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.14    4 years ago
Actually Wallyw, brought in Biden and Sanders which tilted the table and moi probably first mentioned the word, "Trump."

A picture, a word is not. Yo!

You got out and ahead of my edit timer. Look again, Texan1211. I love that you want to be precise when it comes to topic-matter on NT; does it really destroy your pants legs when Trump can start out talking about Coronovirus in America and digress to "But Obama. . . ."? 

Of course, not apparently! Gobble. Gobble. . . . Gobble.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.19  Texan1211  replied to  CB @4.1.18    4 years ago
A picture, a word is not. Yo!

Thinking that posting pictures of Trump is not bringing Trump into it is sheer idiocy. Parse the fucking "word" all you want--it is more idiocy.

You got out and ahead of my edit timer. 

Sounds like your personal issue. Deal with it.

does it really destroy your pants legs when Trump can start out talking about Coronovirus in America and digress to "But Obama. . . ."?

Ooooh, yet more deflection! Well done, well done, anything but the topic when TRUMP can be bitched about, right?

And where did Wally post anything about Biden?

Here is what Wally wrote:

4.1.4 Trump is doing a fine job of saving the country!

And that is all he wrote.

Now, spin away. spin away, spin away!!!!!!!

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.20  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.17    4 years ago
Now the "party of diversity" is down to two senile old white guys ! Too funny!  [Image of Bernie and Joe here.]

original   There you go again with this selecto-vision that is currently going around in conservative circles!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.21  Texan1211  replied to  CB @4.1.20    4 years ago
Now the "party of diversity" is down to two senile old white guys ! Too funny!  [Image of Bernie and Joe here.]

WTF are you babbling on about NOW?

Couldn't find that quote from Wally you claimed he made?

Spin it baby, spin it!

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.22  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.19    4 years ago

I am done. Moving on. Have a nice day.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.23  Texan1211  replied to  CB @4.1.20    4 years ago

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.24  Texan1211  replied to  CB @4.1.22    4 years ago

[deleted]

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.26  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1    4 years ago

He did beat a career politician on his first go at it.  He's kept promises made by Democrats that are decades old.  But you keep on with your TDS.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.1.27  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1    4 years ago

And who was it that won the last election? 

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
4.2  MonsterMash  replied to  1stwarrior @4    4 years ago
It was not immediately clear if the progressive Massachusetts senator planned to endorse one of her rivals

Lizzy will endorse Sanders, he's as crazy as she is.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5  It Is ME    4 years ago

"She is not expected to make an endorsement of either of the two remaining candidates at this point."

Will she support " Alzheimer Joe"....or " Misogynist Bernie" ?

hmmmmmmmm…... 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6  Vic Eldred    4 years ago

She did her job....She cost Sanders on Super Tuesday. She can endorse whoever...her supporters go to Sanders.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
7  1stwarrior    4 years ago

WOW - this makes Trump the youngest of the Presidential candidates jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8  Tacos!    4 years ago

It hardly matters now. I think she has already taken enough votes away from Bernie to guarantee a contested convention. 

img_8965.jpg

I think the debates going forward will probably be a little less awkward and painful. She's kind of ridiculous with some of the accusations and outrages she expresses.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
9  It Is ME    4 years ago

I just watched "Warrens" news conference.

What is it with this crying shit Professional Democrats always abuse ?

And her …… I miss my "Mommy and Daddy" thingy was for …… WHAT REASON !

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
9.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  It Is ME @9    4 years ago
And her …… I miss my "Mommy and Daddy" thingy was for …… WHAT REASON !

FEEEEEELings

It Is ME
Masters Guide
9.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @9.1    4 years ago

NOTHING more than ………. SELF FEELINGS. ..… for sure ! jrSmiley_54_smiley_image.gif

TᵢG
Professor Principal
10  TᵢG    4 years ago
She is not expected to make an endorsement of either of the two remaining candidates at this point. 

I guess Sanders did not accept her proposal for a position in his administration.

evilone
Professor Guide
10.1  evilone  replied to  TᵢG @10    4 years ago

Gabbard is still in the race and currently polling at 1%. jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

TᵢG
Professor Principal
10.1.1  TᵢG  replied to  evilone @10.1    4 years ago

Odd, wish I knew why.

evilone
Professor Guide
10.1.2  evilone  replied to  TᵢG @10.1.1    4 years ago

She's frakin' nuts?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
12  Just Jim NC TttH    4 years ago

[deleted]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
12.1  Sparty On  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @12    4 years ago

Lol .... too soon Jim .... way too soon .....