╌>

Trump Says CDC Trip Called Off Over Suspected Virus Case

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sister-mary-agnes-ample-bottom  •  4 years ago  •  102 comments

By:   Justin Sink

Trump Says CDC Trip Called Off Over Suspected Virus Case
They thought there was a problem at CDC with somebody that had the virus. It turned out negative. So we are seeing if we can do it.”

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

President Donald Trump said the White House canceled his expected visit to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Fridaresident Donald Trump said the White House canceled his expected visit to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Fridae Atlanta agency was suspected of contracting the coronavirus.

Trump said he may visit the agency after all because the person tested negative for the virus. A White House official said earlier Friday that Trump’s CDC trip had been canceled because the president didn't want to interfere with the agencies work.

“They’re trying to work it out,” Trump told reporters at the White House before departing for Nashville, where he said he’ll meet with the governor of Tennessee. “They thought there was a problem at CDC with somebody that had the virus. It turned out negative. So we are seeing if we can do it.”

There are more than 200 cases of the virus in the U.S. and 14 people have died, most of them in King County, Washington, according to Johns Hopkins University.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    4 years ago

This is the same guy who encouraged Coronavirus patients to go to work.

Hey Trump!  Double standard much?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    4 years ago

He will come up with another excuse to save face, and all the Trump cultists will believe him.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.1.1  KDMichigan  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1    4 years ago
He will come up with another excuse to save face, and all the Trump cultists will believe him.

He doesn't have to come up with a excuse, The people capable of comprehension can hear his own word, It's the 'Fake news' sheeple that need the left-wing media to tell them what to think, and here we are.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    4 years ago

'' You 'little' people can go off to work as, i, the five time deferment ultimate warrior against the actual 'truth', a chip off the ole potatoe nail fungus hammered homogenized till screwed due to intolerance of lacktoes and fingers to count all the lies i surmise i haven't told enuff of, am Farr too brave to be sacrificed on a cross

street where i can shoot people and the free basin washin brains will always mirror my clean reflection when unable to trigger the detection of a viral infection , of the minions who can't see,

certainly not my absent clothesed mind, that is all

ME"

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.3  KDMichigan  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    4 years ago

That is bullshit he never said no such thing.

we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better, just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work but they get better.

It's amazing how many people suck up the fake news, They can see it word for word what he said but soon as CNN tells them their 'Fake news' story the sheep just bob their head and say Baaaaa

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.4  cjcold  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    4 years ago

What a coward.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.4.1  cjcold  replied to  cjcold @1.4    4 years ago

All bully's are cowards.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    4 years ago

He's weak in every way a human being can be weak. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
2.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  JohnRussell @2    4 years ago

daily !

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
3  Larry Hampton    4 years ago

5YM6XIXHLFAH5DB4NVLIE6TTFQ.gif

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5  Just Jim NC TttH    4 years ago

Jumped the gun again I see............................

The lengths some go to because ......................Trump.........

SMFH. It said right in your seed "It turned out negative. So we are seeing if we can do it.”

And I'll be damned............... HE IS ......................................hahaha

Jim,

We check all titles to make sure they match. At the time of her posting, that was the correct title. It is allowed to stay. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.1  Jasper2529  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5    4 years ago

Oops!  jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5    4 years ago

There is not a single word in your comment here that invalidates the point Sister Mary was making with this seed. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.3.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @5.3    4 years ago

I can type it, you can read it, but I can't make you understand it. Did you read what he said as a reason for not going? That's right. So they could do their work. With the now negative test results, they can focus on the overall picture. AND with the arrival of POTUS comes increased security and prep and attention to said visit. He's going John. much to the dismay of you, the seeder, and some other malcontents who will now have to find another tree to bark up. Deal with it.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.3.2  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @5.3    4 years ago

That's always the case John.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.3.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.3.1    4 years ago
I can type it, you can read it, but I can't make you understand it. Did you read what he said as a reason for not going? That's right. So they could do their work. With the now negative test results, they can focus on the overall picture. AND with the arrival of POTUS comes increased security and prep and attention to said visit. He's going John. much to the dismay of you, the seeder, and some other malcontents who will now have to find another tree to bark up. Deal with it.

There is not a single word in your comment here that invalidates the point Sister Mary was making with this seed. 

TTGA
Professor Silent
5.3.4  TTGA  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.3.1    4 years ago

I don't think they get it Jim, or maybe they do get it but just can't resist any opportunity to belittle the President.  Whether to go to CDC with a possible virus there is not the President's call.  The Secret Service has this thing about putting the President into any possible danger.  It's almost an obsession with them and they have the authority to override the President's wishes in such matters.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.3.6  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  TTGA @5.3.4    4 years ago
I don't think they get it Jim, or maybe they do get it but just can't resist any opportunity to belittle the President.

I know. They took the opportunity to basically call him a candyass because he wasn't going. Instead of thinking about the real why's. Yes, he is a germophobe but STFW? I'd pay airfare for a couple of the people around here to visit Washington State for a week and not cower in a hotel room.

Why in the hell would one want to tempt fate. You can see already that thousands of people are changing/cancelling travel plans. Look at the articles today on how it's basically killing the airline industry. Tough guys when it isn't them jumping into the fire and simply residing on an internet comment site. Makes ya wonder who the real candyasses are.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.3.8  igknorantzrulz  replied to    4 years ago

There are several here on NT, but I'm not allowed to say who.

Calling out Trumps hypocrisy should be easy to see unless looking for sweet asses

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.3.10  Trout Giggles  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.3.6    4 years ago

Can I have a ticket? I bet Washington state is beautiful in the spring

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.3.11  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.3.10    4 years ago

Zelle or Venmo or PayPal............................... and I want a receipt 

jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.3.13  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  TTGA @5.3.4    4 years ago
is not the President's call.  The Secret Service has this thing about putting the President into any possible danger.  It's almost an obsession with them and they have the authority to override the President's wishes in such matters.

And BINGO..................

"A presidential visit carries with it a big footprint -- numerous Secret Service agents, staffers, and press were expected to attend alongside Trump -- and these sorts of visits require significant resources from local law enforcement that can distract from the work at hand." 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.3.14  igknorantzrulz  replied to    4 years ago

So who is the the real 'candyass'? Name it, claim it, and accept the consequences. There is at least one here on NT willing to do so. 

MORE THAN ONE, left caviar, as there is a little big mouth, not to the right of me,

n should be easy for most to not see 

Professor Guide
5.3.15  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.3.6    4 years ago
Makes ya wonder who the real candyasses are.

From your link:

Later Friday, Trump is expected to travel to his Mar-a-Lago club in Florida for campaign fundraisers.

First things first, eh?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.3.16  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5.3.15    4 years ago

Actually last. He's ending his day and week with Mar-a-Lago. 

Professor Guide
5.3.17  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to    4 years ago
But Trump has the crisis well in hand

I don't need to see a pic to know that one is true.  Melania wouldn't touch him with a 10-foot-pole and a hazmat suit.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.3.18  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5.3.17    4 years ago

Does he know this isn't a tiny crisis ?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5.3.19  MrFrost  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.3.16    4 years ago

Actually last. He's ending his day and week with Mar-a-Lago. 

More money on golf, via the taxpayers. Classy guy. 

Professor Guide
5.3.20  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  TTGA @5.3.4    4 years ago
I don't think they get it Jim, or maybe they do get it but just can't resist any opportunity to belittle the President.  Whether to go to CDC with a possible virus there is not the President's call.  The Secret Service has this thing about putting the President into any possible danger.  It's almost an obsession with them and they have the authority to override the President's wishes in such matters.

I have a feeling that you missed part of the news yesterday.  

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.3.21  igknorantzrulz  replied to  MrFrost @5.3.19    4 years ago

More money on golf, via the taxpayers. Classy guy. 

A HOLE in ONE 

as he BLOWS OUR MONEY

due to his HIGH (lack thereof ) CLASS

Professor Guide
5.3.22  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to    4 years ago
There is at least one here on NT willing to do so.

Just working on my street cred.  I'm tired of being just another pretty face.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.3.24  igknorantzrulz  replied to    4 years ago

and not just bothered by just jim

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.3.25  devangelical  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5.3.17    4 years ago
Melania wouldn't touch him with a 10-foot-pole and a hazmat suit.

she's apparently lost her taste for tiny mushroom buttons. she prefers kellyanne now, whenever her favorite fundie secret service agent isn't working.

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.3.26  devangelical  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5.3.17    4 years ago

let's hope he doesn't wash it...

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5.3.27  MrFrost  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.3.10    4 years ago

Can I have a ticket? I bet Washington state is beautiful in the spring

It is. 

Professor Guide
5.4  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5    4 years ago
SMFH. It said right in your seed "It turned out negative. So we are seeing if we can do it.”

Sorry to disappoint, but I know exactly what information was contained in the article.  When I posted this seed 2 hours ago, it was still undecided whether he would go or not, which was indicated when Trump said, "It turned out negative. So we are seeing if we can do it."  The article you linked was posted an hour ago, as was your comment.   

The update in status in no way negates this seed, or the reason I seeded it.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.4.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5.4    4 years ago

Sorry. Your walk back isn't working. You know there is a time stamp thing. You seeded this at 11:18. I posted at 11:57 and it has now been 2 hours since my linked story.

Curious, why did you seed it?

This should be good..........hahaha

Professor Guide
5.4.2  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.4.1    4 years ago
Sorry. Your walk back isn't working.

It might help to be able to recognize the difference between a walk back, and a dismissal of an inferior line of thought.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
5.4.3  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.4.1    4 years ago

Jim,

We check all titles to make sure they match. At the time of her posting, that was the correct title. It is allowed to stay. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.4.4  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @5.4.3    4 years ago

I didn't say it wasn't correct at the time. I was just pointing out the perceived need to hurry up and seed prior to "the end of the story" just to diss the President. He changed after the Secret Service said it was okay. I know the stories correspond. Her claim was that her story was 2 hours old and mine was only one. That was wrong.........and I pointed it out. I was in no way discounting the fact the story she posted was real. The titles are a moot point to the whole discussion. 

Sorry but I guess I needed to 'splain since you decided this was the proper place to call me out for something that isn't quite what you think you saw.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.4.5  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @5.4.3    4 years ago

And I wasn't suggesting that the seed/article needed to be taken down FFS just the fact that they were all giddy because the administration/Secret Service cancelled the trip. Sorry if you can't discern that from the comments right out of the blocks.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.4.6  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.4.5    4 years ago

calm down

i didn't take it that way and i doubt Perrie did either

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.4.7  Trout Giggles  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.4.5    4 years ago

Giddy?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
5.4.9  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.4.4    4 years ago

I wasn't calling you out Jim, I was explaining. There is a difference and since you made a point of addressing the issue twice, I thought an explanation was in order.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.6  Split Personality  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5    4 years ago

If it's any comfort, the article was recently updated and the title was changed to reflect the current plans of the WH

(although the original seed & title can stay)

However the update also says the POTUS already signed the legislation this morning, so I imagine that that will not be happening at the CDC unless it's another ceremonial photo op...

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.6.1  devangelical  replied to  Split Personality @5.6    4 years ago

check for famous golf courses in the area. he takes weekends off from the presidency, except for getting his ego stroked at pep rallies for sycophants.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.6.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Split Personality @5.6    4 years ago

They were two different stories...........................not updated from one to the other. Bloomberg, that got updated and therefore changed and CNN that wasn't the way I read it.

Professor Guide
5.6.3  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.6.2    4 years ago

Although I appreciate your...participation...perhaps the best thing to do is stop talking about it.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6  Tessylo    4 years ago

'I don't think they get it Jim, or maybe they do get it but just can't resist any opportunity to belittle the President'

The opportunities are limitless and warranted.  

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
7  igknorantzrulz    4 years ago

Why were we fed the LIE, that Trump didn't want to interrupt the CDC first 

??????????????????????????????????????????????

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  igknorantzrulz @7    4 years ago

We'll see if he actually does visit the CDC

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
7.1.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.1    4 years ago

hopefully,

he doesn't have to spell CDC before he gets to go

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
7.1.3  igknorantzrulz  replied to    4 years ago

and if you turned away from the water,

CAC.

as DJT robbed it

Professor Guide
7.1.4  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  igknorantzrulz @7.1.1    4 years ago
Hopefully,
he doesn't have to spell CDC before he gets to go

Ender
Professor Principal
8  Ender    4 years ago

Typical. No matter what donald does or says some just jump to defend him. Going so far as to blame the people that point out his short comings. It is always everyone else at fault.

I actually do believe it true. He could shoot someone in the middle of 5th Ave and they would find a way to blame someone else.

Just saw him in an interview clip that he said the economy will be doing great by the end of the year and then they are going to look at cuts to entitlements. Meaning after the election. Then he turned around and tweeted that Democrats want to go after them.

Sadly his followers probably believe that as they believe everything he says, without question.

Blind devotion.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
8.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Ender @8    4 years ago
Sadly his followers probably believe that as they believe everything he says, without question.

as they deny he even said it and or interpret 'what he ALWAYS REALLY MEANT TO SAY' for/to US, as even with audio and video proof to such, it means nothing to they who continue to defend it all away  unbelievable to any conscience thinking mind,    is all we forever and a day will

find

TTGA
Professor Silent
8.1.1  TTGA  replied to  igknorantzrulz @8.1    4 years ago

I think that you folks have entirely missed the point about Trump followers.  It's not that we believe anything he says.  It's that we don't believe ANYTHING that the [deleted] say.  Hell, most of us don't even like the guy but we absolutely despise his opponents.

Ender
Professor Principal
8.1.2  Ender  replied to  igknorantzrulz @8.1    4 years ago
'what he ALWAYS REALLY MEANT TO SAY'

Seen that many times.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
8.1.3  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Ender @8.1.2    4 years ago

Yeah there was someone yesterday or today doing the exact same thing for Chuck Schumer saying what he said is not what he meant.................because he said so. LMMFAO. Sorry but you don't have a much space here 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
8.1.4  igknorantzrulz  replied to  TTGA @8.1.1    4 years ago

Sorry, i have a serious problem when the President of OUR UNITED STATES, cannot effectively communicate with the country, and needs people to decipher his true thoughts and meanings to US, even when often Trumps' OWN VIDEOED SELF, say something different than the attempted 'Correct' interpretation made buy another bought to mis explain our Presidents' Thought. As that is just 

Mine, on this National Embarrassment . 

Ender
Professor Principal
8.1.5  Ender  replied to  TTGA @8.1.1    4 years ago

So there is just absolute hatred for anyone to the left of Genghis khan and a willingness to put someone that has lied about 16,000 times and is nothing but divisive in office, no matter the cost to the country, just to spite people some can't stand.

I find it ironic that because some think the left lies that they will put in a known serial liar.

Ender
Professor Principal
8.1.6  Ender  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @8.1.3    4 years ago

And still, an example of a Democrat getting pissed off will be touted until the end of time all the while brushing off everything from their team.

Politics being a team sport is what is taking down this country.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
8.1.7  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Ender @8.1.5    4 years ago

I find it ironic that because some think the left lies that they will put in a known serial liar.

i find it downright STUPID, as eye see no value in it.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8.1.8  Trout Giggles  replied to  TTGA @8.1.1    4 years ago
It's that we don't believe ANYTHING that the lying Left Wing scumbags say.  Hell, most of us don't even like the guy but we absolutely despise his opponents.

That's just stupid. If I, a part of the loony left, told you the sky is blue or that 4 quarters make a dollar...you're just going to sit there and tell me I'm a liar and none of that is true?

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
8.1.10  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @8.1.9    4 years ago

I'll do better than that.

when and where ?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8.1.11  Trout Giggles  replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @8.1.9    4 years ago

4 quarters make up a dollar and today the sky is definitely blue

Go for it, Freedom

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
8.1.13  igknorantzrulz  replied to    4 years ago
Words have rightfully always mattered and should always matter.

and none (before Trump) used to matter as much as those of the President of the United States !

but when he LIES so nmuch, and says such hateful unbelievable things, destroying the offices credibility,

and has LOWERED the office so much,

it is no longer taken as seriously  as it once ALWAYS WAS.

republicans have allowed their 'boy' to fckn destroy an

American Standard

by holding Trump to NONE.

Face and own the clown you all support and won't atone till orange is tinted red to resemble apples for the not well read, as White House Power should make all Blue

as lil kim is green with N V,

while Putin just smirks as he watches the GOP defend his greatest  FRENEMY, and the gullibles just continue to no end defend one who needs defending as his lying and offences are never ending

ever after

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
8.1.16  igknorantzrulz  replied to    4 years ago

What's Trump done that's bad for the country?

besides being born...?

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
8.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Ender @8    4 years ago

Blind devotion.

i 2nd that emotion

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
9  igknorantzrulz    4 years ago

now, his handlers will be faced with a REAL crisis,

how to handle Donald

when he can no longer hold his insecurity driven pep rallies , that he oh so needs to stroke his fragile EGO, as HEGOes off the rails of his escalator magnifying his staired at insecurities that elevate him to his base,meant

4   as he swims deeper in the Gulph of a Wall Mexico ain't paying for, cause WE are ALL

paying for the free Base he erected