╌>

Blacks fed up, leaving Dems in 'Blexit' to GOP

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  heartland-american  •  4 years ago  •  139 comments

By:   Michael F. Haverluck

Blacks fed up, leaving Dems in 'Blexit' to GOP
As a devoted Christian and new Republican, Robinson is more than pleased with the gains Trump has worked to produce for the black community, such as all-time-low unemployment for African Americans, prison reform and an unprecedented amount of federal funds being allocated to traditionally black colleges in the United States. "Regardless of if you like him or not, his results are undeniable," Robinson added. "I never expected to have a president deliver in such a way."

Blexit is real.  African Americans are fed up with being taken for granted each election cycle by the party of slavery and Jim Crow. They are tired of having places they live show no improvement despite decades of non stop democrat rule.  They are tired of the secular party always being against their religious beliefs and liberty.  They have seen Trump bring them their lowest unemployment ever, rising wages, more school choice, opportunity zones, and prison reform like no democrat has done.  It’s time for a return to the party of Lincoln and Trump.  

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Most African Americans are getting tired of the Democratic Party’s lip service, with more and more blacks switching from blue to red at the ballot box in a growing movement known as “Blexit.”

“[A] majority [of black voters] (54%) believe that the Democratic Party has not done enough for the African American community,”  the latest Politico poll revealed .

Not yesterday’s black voter

Hillary Clinton receiving 89% of the black vote against Republican challenger Donald Trump in the 2016 election – and former President Barack Obama drawing 93% of black’s ballots – was indicative of a decades-long trend of African Americans voting Democrat, but black conservative commentator Candace Owens says things are changing. The founder of the  Blexit  movement – which has chapters in several states – says many black voters are now saying no to the status quo.

"Black Americans are waking up,"  Owens asserted on the Mike Huckabee Show . "They're realizing they've been sleeping at the wheel, and really, what I'm saying is just to embrace your future – you can be in the driver seat of your future."

Blexit’s North Carolina director, Danielle Robinson, argues that many African Americans have had enough of pledging allegiance to a party that mostly delivers nothing but empty promises while knocking Trump and the Republican Party who have done more for the black community than the Democratic politicians they have traditionally supported for decades on end.

"This is not a quiet time at all,"  Robinson told CBN News . "It is an all-in time, and those that are fighting this battle – those of us that are part of Blexit – we are all in because we've got nothing to lose because we've lost too much already."

As a devoted Christian and new Republican, Robinson is more than pleased with the gains Trump has worked to produce for the black community, such as all-time-low unemployment for African Americans, prison reform and an unprecedented amount of federal funds being allocated to traditionally black colleges in the United States.

"Regardless of if you like him or not, his results are undeniable," Robinson added. "I never expected to have a president deliver in such a way."

Even left-leaning CNN Analyst Van Jones recognized the gains Trump has made for the African American community after the president delivered his State of the Union speech last month.

"We've got to wake up, folks – there's a whole bubble thing that goes on," Jones – an African American – warned,  according to RealClearPolitics . "We say, 'Well he said [derogatory term] nations, therefore all black people are going to hate him forever.' That ain't necessarily so. I think what you're going to see him do, 'You may not like my rhetoric, but look at my results and my record for black people.' If he narrow-casts that, it's going to be effective."

Results or empty promises?

African Americans were advised by  Black Voices for Trump  advisory board member Paris Dennard to look at the facts and examine what the president has done for blacks in America, compared to the virtually zero progress – or even worsening conditions – in America’s largest Democrat-run cities.

"When you look at the impact on the ground – Baltimore and Detroit – there is high crime," Dennard pointed out to CBN News. "There's a lot of problems that are there, but there is an opportunity that's growing because of President Trump, and I think more and more black Americans are waking up to the fact that we might have to give Donald Trump another chance, and we might have to give the Republican Party – not just at the president, but down ballot a first look."

Because of Robinson’s conservative stance on political issues, she has received much backlash, but she encourages fellow black Christians to reexamine their values, which should be rooted in the Bible – not the Democratic Party’s secular agenda often attacking Christian beliefs and teachings.

"They have fooled us every election into voting against God or voting diminishing freedom of religion,” Robinson contended. “They cause us to forget what's not working, and we're not doing that anymore. As a community, as Christians, we're coming into alignment."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1  seeder  XXJefferson51    4 years ago

many African Americans have had enough of pledging allegiance to a party that mostly delivers nothing but empty promises while knocking Trump and the Republican Party who have done more for the black community than the Democratic politicians they have traditionally supported for decades on end.

"This is not a quiet time at all,"  Robinson told CBN News . "It is an all-in time, and those that are fighting this battle – those of us that are part of Blexit – we are all in because we've got nothing to lose because we've lost too much already."

As a devoted Christian and new Republican, Robinson is more than pleased with the gains Trump has worked to produce for the black community, such as all-time-low unemployment for African Americans, prison reform and an unprecedented amount of federal funds being allocated to traditionally black colleges in the United States.

"Regardless of if you like him or not, his results are undeniable," Robinson added. "I never expected to have a president deliver in such a way."

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2  seeder  XXJefferson51    4 years ago

Paris Dennard of Black Voices for Trumpsays it's time for African Americans to compare the president's results to the lack of progress in big cities run by Democrats. 

"When you look at the impact on the ground - Baltimore, and Detroit, there is high crime," Dennard told CBN News. "There's a lot of problems that are there. But there is an opportunity that's growing because of President Trump and I think more and more black Americans are waking up to the fact that we might have to give Donald Trump another chance and we might have to give the Republican Party - not just at the president but down ballot a first look."

Meanwhile, Robinson, who has faced backlash for her conservative political views, urges other African American believers to consider their values.

"They have fooled us every election into voting against God or voting diminishing freedom of religion. They cause us to forget what's not working. And we're not doing that anymore. As a community, as Christians, we're coming into alignment," 

CB
Professor Principal
2.1  CB  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2    4 years ago
Meanwhile, Robinson, who has faced backlash for her conservative political views, urges other African American believers to consider their values.    "They have fooled us every election into voting against God or voting diminishing freedom of religion. They cause us to forget what's not working. And we're not doing that anymore. As a community, as Christians, we're coming into alignment,"

God's people are not  "bought" or "sold out" people to this world's manna. God's people are principled. We believe after this fashion, "For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?"  Matthew 16:26.

This sounds like some highfalutin propaganda. That is this devout ladies first mistake of misreading her people/church.  If Ms. Danielle Robinson is as "devout" a Christian as she suggests she is, she needs to explain all of Trump's sixteen-thousand plus lies, misleading statements, obstructions, and deceptions in context of Christian values

Donald Trump is a pagan. Donald Trump admits to not asking God for repentance or forgiveness. He thinks he does not need either (from God). That's another lie from the perspective of a believer. We all needs repentance and forgiveness.

Right-wing evangelicals have in Machiavellian fashion rendered Trump as their leader in order to push a man-made agenda of lies, cheats, and thefts intended to put liberals under their feet! No slight to pagans intended. But, Christians need to be clear-minded on this above all else.

God is not in what Trump is doing!

Black Christians will not abandon peace for strife on account of some so-called "blackreligious leaders" who want a seat at the right-hand of Trump.

NOTE: The article photo includes Omarosa, who left the Trump Administration and got called, "a dog" for doing so. Omarosa is not a black Christian standing for Trump!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  CB @2.1    4 years ago

Democrats are of the world, the anti religion secularist party.  The world view of the democrat party and religious African Americans are polar opposites.  

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.2  CB  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.1    4 years ago
Democrats are of the world, the anti religion secularist party

Untrue. If you don't know what you are writing about you should ASK somebody. Furthermore, when you see a myriad of videos of democratic party candidates (including Pete Buttigieg) standing in pulpits around, across, and through the country, Washington State to Florida, do you DARE to suggest those faithful people in the pews are "of the world"?

"Beware, and be on our guard against every form of greed; for not even when one has an abundance does his life consist of his possessions."  Luke 12:15.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @2.1    4 years ago

Question - Are you a practicing Christian?

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.4  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.3    4 years ago

japanese-pokemon-fireworks.jpg   Yes! Yes! A thousand times,Yes!    

And how about you? Are you living out your Christian service?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

If they want to support someone who claims they are born inherently lazy, let them.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.1  Tacos!  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3    4 years ago
If they want to support someone who claims they are born inherently lazy, let them.

You're not talking about Trump, are you?

What's True

Donald Trump once tweeted, "Sadly, because president Obama has done such a poor job as president, you won't see another black president for generations!"

What's False

Trump did not utter the full statement, "Laziness is a trait in blacks ... I believe that ... No black person will be president again any time soon."

What's Undetermined

Whether Trump ever said "Laziness is a trait in blacks" is not certain.

On the other hand, we do have good, recent video of Joe Biden insisting that 

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids”

Does that seem like a better choice?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tacos! @3.1    4 years ago

Didn’t Biden say that Obama was a clean and articulate African American?  

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.1.2  Split Personality  replied to  Tacos! @3.1    4 years ago

You are correct that Trump never said that exactly.

It is a partial quote from the book Trumped by John 'Donnell from 1992.

“What do you think of him?” Donald asked.

I said I was familiar with his abilities, and he had shortcomings. “To be honest, I don’t think he’s the best we can have,” I said. “I’d like to see him either come up to speed, where he can help me a lot more, or maybe there’s something else he can do.”

Instantly, Donald was enthused. “Yeah, I never liked the guy. I don’t think he knows what the fuck he’s doing. My accountants up in New York are always complaining about him. He’s not responsive. And isn’t it funny, I’ve got black accountants at Trump Castle and at Trump Plaza. Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes every day. Those are the kind of people I want counting my money. Nobody else.”

I couldn’t believe I was hearing this But Donald went on, “Besides that, I’ve got to tell you something else. I think that the guy is lazy. And it’s probably not his fault because laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is, I believe that. It’s not anything they can control…. Don’t you agree?” He looked at me square in the eye and waited for my reply.

“Donald, you really shouldn’t say things like that to me or anybody else,” I said. “That is not the kind of image you want to project. We shouldn’t even be having this conversation, even if it’s the way you feel.”

“Yeah, you’re right,” he said. “If anybody ever heard me say that … holy shit … I’d be in a lot of trouble. But I have to tell you, that’s the way I feel.”

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.3  Dulay  replied to  Split Personality @3.1.2    4 years ago

Here's the statement from Trump that I found interesting in that link:

And by the way, he has done nothing for African Americans. You look at what’s gone on with their income levels. You look at what’s gone on with their youth. I thought that he would be a great cheerleader for this country. I thought he’d do a fabulous job for the African American citizens of this country.

Note that Trump didn't say anything about the employment rate, he cited INCOME LEVELS. A quick review of Trump's record on AA income levels shows that they have flat lined since Trump took office. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.1.4  Split Personality  replied to  Dulay @3.1.3    4 years ago
I thought he’d do a fabulous job for the African American citizens of this country.

so did many people but the reality was that the first black President would not and probably could not favor any one group over another for obvious reasons.  Having said that I have never heard black relatives disparage him for not having done more.

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.5  Dulay  replied to  Split Personality @3.1.4    4 years ago

As so many POC have said, just seeing someone that 'looks like me' on TV inspired them. Obama inspired POC all over the world. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2  Sparty On  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3    4 years ago

Angry grandpa and shotgun Joe will never be able to out work the Donald.    Hillary found that out the hard way.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.2.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sparty On @3.2    4 years ago

So true!  Biden will turn the White House living quarters into a convalescent Hospital 

Ender
Professor Principal
3.2.2  Ender  replied to  Sparty On @3.2    4 years ago

Yep, having spent about 300 days at his own properties, no one else could own and bill the government from their hotels.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.3  Sparty On  replied to  Ender @3.2.2    4 years ago

True, most others have been 100% on the government dole most of their adult lives.   Bernie, Biden, etc.   Trump has been on it less than four years now.

So true!

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.2.4  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @3.2.3    4 years ago

Why do you view government employees as being on 'the dole'? 

Ender
Professor Principal
3.2.5  Ender  replied to  Sparty On @3.2.3    4 years ago

Yep. Much better to screw thousands of vendors out of money, declare bankruptcies and turn it all around once elected by having us now pay his hotels and have his children running around the world making millions off of his position.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.2.6  Tacos!  replied to  Sparty On @3.2.3    4 years ago

CB
Professor Principal
3.2.7  CB  replied to  Dulay @3.2.4    4 years ago

I agree. These [insert word here ] think that anybody who works for the government is "on the dole," and yes this includes those who serve in the military too. Except these [insert word here] use selecto.vision when it comes to negatively calling out the men and women of the armed services. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.2.8  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @3.2.6    4 years ago
Trump donates his paychecks.

Yes, Trump takes his little tax deduction all while profiting millions. 

jrSmiley_84_smiley_image.gif

CB
Professor Principal
3.2.9  CB  replied to  Tacos! @3.2.6    4 years ago

The public pay Trump is salary. He 'paid' others. An important distinction. He can give to small babies to tear up if he wants.  His contract calls for a salary and that is what he has been provided for.

Note. Point of clarification. The "dole" is not a paycheck, salary, or contract payment. It is properly benefits given in a form of welfare.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.2.10  Tacos!  replied to  Dulay @3.2.8    4 years ago

What a pointless comment. jrSmiley_103_smiley_image.jpg

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.2.11  Tacos!  replied to  CB @3.2.9    4 years ago
The public pay Trump is salary. He 'paid' others. An important distinction. He can give to small babies to tear up if he wants.  His contract calls for a salary and that is what he has been provided for.

Of course, but even if philosophically people see government salaries as some kind of unearned entitlement, Trump is notable in that he is giving it away to help the American people.

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.2.12  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @3.2.6    4 years ago

Oh and maybe Trump should take those paychecks and pay his fucking bills with it. There are cities all over the country that Trump has failed to pay for the security services for his rallies. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.2.13  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @3.2.10    4 years ago

What an unfounded opinion. jrSmiley_84_smiley_image.gif

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.2.14  Tacos!  replied to  Dulay @3.2.12    4 years ago

From your link.

Trump isn’t the only candidate to not pay the bills. In 2016, Democrats Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders left bills for campaign events unpaid in dozens of cities, according to the Center for Public Integrity.

Maybe they should pay their fucking bills, too, huh?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.2.15  Tacos!  replied to  Dulay @3.2.13    4 years ago

deleted

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.2.16  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @3.2.14    4 years ago
Maybe they should pay their fucking bills, too, huh?

Why yes Tacos!, YES they should. Yet you wouldn't give Trump a pass just because others owe money would you? 

BTFW, since you're into whataboutism, Beto paid his bills for his El Paso rally, Trump STILL owes big bucks. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.2.17  Tacos!  replied to  Dulay @3.2.16    4 years ago
since you're into whataboutism

I'm into whataboutism? You're the one who seems to think billing disputes between cities and the Trump campaign has some relevance to anything anyone has been talking about here. It's like walking into a room and throwing a diarrhea-filled balloon.

CB
Professor Principal
3.2.18  CB  replied to  Tacos! @3.2.11    4 years ago

That's nice of Trump to do: Anybody in the country, local or nationally, can give away money and wealth, it is considered an 'act of love' - what we do not do is speak of this in the wrong vernacular or spirit of the thing. Trump is paid from the public treasury according to the legal law and policy of the United States regarding presidential compensation. He is not working for free; he is not receiving welfare.

CB
Professor Principal
3.2.19  CB  replied to  Tacos! @3.2.14    4 years ago

Yes! Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders should not have their good spoken ill of, by being bill deadbeats. If it so, then by all means pay up! Or, get the heaven out of 'business.'

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.20  Sparty On  replied to  Tacos! @3.2.6    4 years ago

TDS reigns supreme with some no matter what.    

The next 4.5 years is gonna be really tough on them.

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.2.21  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @3.2.17    4 years ago
I'm into whataboutism?

Seems so.  

You're the one who seems to think billing disputes between cities and the Trump campaign has some relevance to anything anyone has been talking about here.

Well gee, it must not have been that irrelevant since you dipped your hand right into the balloon and quoted content from my 'diarrhea-filled' link. 

Your action and comment are contradictory. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.2.22  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @3.2.20    4 years ago

No answer for my 3.2.4 question? 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.2.23  Split Personality  replied to  Dulay @3.2.16    4 years ago

Reportedly in 2019 Trump was over 1 million in arrears for rally security to municipalities.

Sanders was behind $449,000 in 2016 but when he closed that campaign, by law there could be no payments owed.  Same is true of the HRC campaign.

One has to wonder if Trump is successful for a second term, do the constant rallies stop on the day after the inauguration?

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.2.24  Dulay  replied to  Split Personality @3.2.23    4 years ago

Oh hell NO the rallies won't stop. Trump is a narcissist that NEEDS the adulation. They have to give him something to do that has the least impact. Keep him golfing and spewing bullshit that no one believes at rallies is the best way to keep him from doing more damage. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.25  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @3.2.22    4 years ago

Nope, didn't feel like arguing endlessly with you about it.

Still don't .....

CB
Professor Principal
4  CB    4 years ago

[A little shy boy stands up in the back of the room]: "Does this mean black liberals are becoming black conservatives?!"  "An- and - in droves?"

evilone
Professor Guide
5  evilone    4 years ago

From the first page of the Politico poll linked in the article-

The majority of Black voters strongly disapprove of both Donald Trump and
Republicans in Congress
○ 76 percent of Black voters disapprove of Donald Trump’s job performance, with
65 percent saying they strongly disapprove.
○ 77 percent agree that Trump is a racist with 66 percent saying they strongly
agree.
○ 75 percent disapprove of Congressional Republicans with 59 percent strongly
disapproving. Also, the majority of Black voters (61 percent) think the Republican
Party is also racist

HAHAHAHA! How in fuck does that translate to a "Blexit" of black voters to Trump?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5.1  Greg Jones  replied to  evilone @5    4 years ago

Wait until the election and learn that you've been existing on false hope. Trump only needs another few percent of the black vote, and it's all over for the Democrats.

evilone
Professor Guide
5.1.1  evilone  replied to  Greg Jones @5.1    4 years ago
Wait until the election and learn that you've been existing on false hope.

Holy flaming shit balls! How does showing the premise of the article a lie with the very same facts it uses translate to me hoping anything?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.2  Sparty On  replied to  evilone @5.1.1    4 years ago

Uh oh ..... not only are the balls on fire ..... but they are made of shit .... not good, not good at all!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  Greg Jones @5.1    4 years ago
Trump only needs another few percent of the black vote

I don't know if he needs it, but I'm guessing he gets 16% of it this time. It would be refreshing to see people vote as individuals rather than as a group.

evilone
Professor Guide
5.1.4  evilone  replied to  Sparty On @5.1.2    4 years ago

I'm pretty sure flaming shit balls smell as bad as the propaganda this article is peddling. LOL!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.5  Sparty On  replied to  evilone @5.1.4    4 years ago

Here come the balls, they are on fire and they are made of shit

Now you are on fire AND P U !!

Not good!

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.1.6  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.3    4 years ago

I can only hope that evangelicals feel the same. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.7  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @5.1.6    4 years ago
I can only hope that evangelicals feel the same. 

Let's see, they can vote for someone who is hardly one of them yet advances their interests or vote for either a Socialist or a proxy, either of which will seek to diminish the role of religion in American life.  Gee, I wonder which way they'll vote? /s.

CB
Professor Principal
5.1.8  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.3    4 years ago

You implying that black Americans vote as a 'pack'? How rude. How crude.

Riddle me this: What do republicans vote as individuals or a pack? What do Right-wing evangelicals vote as individuals or a pack? What do conservative NRA membership vote as individuals or a bloc?  And lastly, in the House and Senate Trump Hearings did you want republicans to vote as individuals or as a group? Why is Senator Mitt Romney 'out in the wilderness' of Republican-land now?

I call out selecto.vision when I find it.

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.1.9  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.7    4 years ago

But it would still be 'refreshing' right? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.10  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @5.1.8    4 years ago
What do republicans vote as individuals or a pack?

Is that supposed to be a comparison?  Barak Obama got 43% of the white vote in 2008 and 39% of the white vote in 2012. On the other hand, he got 95% of the black vote in 2008 and 93% of the black vote in 2012. That's the comparison to be made.

There is nothing crude or rude about it. It's called facts!

CB
Professor Principal
5.1.11  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.7    4 years ago

False choice. By the way, are you going to answer my question above @2.1.4Are you living out your Christian service?

Christians do not have to "hire out" a low-life, deceiving and seducing spirit, in order to accomplish the work of 'kingdom building.' That is a lie out of the pit of Hell and I rebuke it!  This cold-calculating personality some right-wing evangelicals have appointed to commit foul treatment on others, so they can appear clean-handed, is not loss on the body of Christ. Right-wing evangelicals are a small and diminishing sect in America and in politics. Keep abusing this faith and this Gospel and the entire church will determine it has been given no choice except to turn against this sect!

CB
Professor Principal
5.1.12  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.10    4 years ago
What do republicans vote as individuals or a pack ?

There you go with that selecto.vision again. 72   'Brag' about yourselves for a chance why don't you:

Riddle me this: What do republicans vote as individuals or a pack ? What do Right-wing evangelicals vote as individuals or a pack ? What do conservative NRA membership vote as individuals or a bloc ?  And lastly, in the House and Senate Trump Hearings did you want republicans to vote as individuals or as a group ? Why is Senator Mitt Romney 'out in the wilderness' of Republican-land now?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.13  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @5.1.12    4 years ago

Republicans vote for Conservative principles. Republicans are of different races and creeds. 

The real question is should a race or ethnicity vote as a group? The definition of identity politics.

CB
Professor Principal
5.1.14  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.13    4 years ago

original There you go with Selecto.vision once more! 

• "Right-wing evangelical" is an identity.
  • "NRA voters" (who rank and score politicians-who they make "quake" in their seats I might add) is an identity.
  • "2nd Amendment Foundation" is an identity.
  • "CPAC" The Conservative Political Action Conference, is an identity.
  • "The Moral Majority" (defunct) and all similar conservative organizations, is an identity.
  • "Republican" is an identity.
  • "Conservative" is an identity.

All of these "identities" vote as a group for republicans politicians (and those guys and gals live in fear and loathing of them).  Conservatives ( identifier) do not get to tell democrats they can not have their party affiliations, simply because conservatives will "give them a mean name."

Kavika
Professor Principal
5.1.15  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.13    4 years ago
Republicans vote for Conservative principles. Republicans are of different races and creeds. 

The makeup of the republican party in congress certainly doesn't show much diversity, nor does the republican party in general.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1.16  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.13    4 years ago

Great points!  It all about content of character for us.  All people of good character and moral values are welcome in the GOP regardless of all the separation factors democrats use to try to divide us

CB
Professor Principal
5.1.17  CB  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.1.16    4 years ago

Just keep 'confirming' yourselves. The rest of us, are not going to be demonized by man-induced delusions. Truth must win. It may as well do so now!

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.1.18  Dulay  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.1.16    4 years ago
It all about content of character for us.

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif X 1000

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.19  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @5.1.14    4 years ago

It's so sad that anyone would try and justify voting based upon race/ethnicity/gender!

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
5.1.20  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.19    4 years ago
It's so sad that anyone would try and justify voting based upon race/ethnicity/gender!

What in the heck do you think the seeded article is about?

CB
Professor Principal
5.1.21  CB  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5.1.20    4 years ago

Vic will be happily content as long as he can identify as a male, white, right-wing evangelical, NRA member. Or, something relatable issue-driven narrative like this.

CB
Professor Principal
5.1.22  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.19    4 years ago

The "Dreamers" in our country are sadder than you. People in banned Muslim countries who are not terrorists but must endure discriminatory vetting processes are sadder than you. Asylum seekers at our southern border are saddest, because they have no recourse since Trump took away their ability to legally enter the country (for the time being).

Vic Eldred, your being sad is irrelevant to any of the dynamics involved in the above issues, and there are many more issues besides. I suggest you turn off  Selecto.vision for once and view the world 'naked' as it is.

CB
Professor Principal
5.1.23  CB  replied to  CB @5.1.21    4 years ago

One more addition: (Checking nearly every conservative policy box) Vic will most definitely identify as a: Heterosexual.

[deleted]

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
6  Perrie Halpern R.A.    4 years ago

This whole article is simply not true. 

From the Pew:

CB
Professor Principal
6.1  CB  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6    4 years ago

Independent voter Perrie, thank you for calling and pointing out a lie some of us might have fallen for, but for your attention to fact and detail!

Separate and apart from the above: I am sad and not surprised that some republicans and conservatives will try to lie, manipulate, cheat, steal, and even "chump out" people in order to get an advantage over another person.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  CB @6.1    4 years ago

We indies just do a lot of fact-checking. The Pew is a very reliable source when you want to know about such things. 

evilone
Professor Guide
6.1.2  evilone  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6.1.1    4 years ago
We indies just do a lot of fact-checking. The Pew is a very reliable source when you want to know about such things. 

Every non-biased source I can find backs up what the Pew says. Hell the very same poll linked in the article proves this "opinion" article a lie. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
6.1.3  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  evilone @6.1.2    4 years ago

It is definitely false information.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6.1.1    4 years ago
We indies just do a lot of fact-checking.

Sorry Perrie, but that is not fact checking.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.5  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6.1.3    4 years ago
It is definitely false information.

It was an opinion!!!!

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.6  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.5    4 years ago

It is disinformation. Once more some republicans and conservatives are attempting to create a false narrative in an attempt to create a self-fulfilling prophecy. Epic fail.

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.1.7  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.5    4 years ago

First of all, it's posted as 'News and Politics'.

Secondly, the author links multiple sources in an attempt to bolster his credibility. 

Thirdly, some of the links cited by the author do NOT support the claims made in the article. 

Case in point:

“[A] majority [of black voters] (54%) believe that the Democratic Party has not done enough for the African American community,”  the latest Politico poll revealed .

While the 54% is accurate the source is FALSE. It isn't a 'Politico poll', it was conducted by Cornell Belcher @ Brilliant Corners Research & Strategies. I guess that onenewsnow  thought that a politico link would lend it more credibility to their readers. 

BTFW, there is some very interesting data in that survey, like this:

76 percent of Black voters disapprove of Donald Trump’s job performance, with 65 percent saying they strongly disapprove.
77 percent agree that Trump is a racist with 66 percent saying they strongly
agree.
75 percent disapprove of Congressional Republicans with 59 percent strongly disapproving. Also, the majority of Black voters (61 percent) think the Republican Party is also racist

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.8  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @6.1.6    4 years ago
Once more some republicans and conservatives are attempting to create a false narrative in an attempt to create a self-fulfilling prophecy. Epic fail.

Hardly an argument.  It was an opinion piece. Iv'e heard Senator Tim Scott say something similar. Above I gave you my opinion - I say 16% this time around for Trump.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.9  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @6.1.7    4 years ago
First of all, it's posted as 'News and Politics'.

Oh, no!.....Gee, I would have never have known it was opinion based on that /s.

Secondly, the author links multiple sources in an attempt to bolster his credibility. 

Um-hum....And?

While the 54% is accurate the source is FALSE. It isn't a 'Politico poll', it was conducted by Cornell Belcher @ Brilliant Corners Research & Strategies.

Um-hum....And that makes the poll somehow skewed?

BTFW, there is some very interesting data in that survey, like this:

And we shall find out how accurate all of that was come election day. Until then it is polling & opinion.

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.1.10  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.9    4 years ago
And we shall find out how accurate all of that was come election day. Until then it is polling & opinion.

So based on your scenario, even though the author though it was decisive, that 54% thingy may not be accurate. Got ya. 

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.11  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.8    4 years ago

This is your attempt at, 'Calm down folks, nothing to see here. . . keep moving.'  You're a dime late and a nickle short. We've done the work required already!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.1.12  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6.1.1    4 years ago

Indies is all too often a way of saying democrat light or people who Agee with them and their media most of the time but don’t want to overtly associate with them.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1.13  TᵢG  replied to  XXJefferson51 @6.1.12    4 years ago

Are you claiming that Perrie is not an independent thinker but rather a disguised D?

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.1.14  Dulay  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.13    4 years ago

As a Democrat who is an independent thinker I think I might take umbrage to that statement. 

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.15  CB  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.13    4 years ago

"Democratic Light" probably sounds to your and Perrie's minds, if I can be so bold, as when the seeder referred to liberal Christians as "Christian Lite" thereabouts several 'cycles' ago.

I felt the phrase as an attack on my belief system. It startled me, too. As it is a 'statement' I never thought a fellow brother or sister would ever fix his or her words to deliver to a main-stream believer. Christian's do not 'kid' each other in this manner, and I knew it was not a throw-away remark. This same seeder meant it: And, I did not know what to make of that, then. By now, I know s/he is seriously doubting a liberal Christian's capability to be a person in the Christian faith. 

Right-wing evangelicals have cut themselves off from us in spirit. We are "petty" in their view of the faith. Disturbing.

So, when I read the phrase rendered in the direction of "Indies". . . .

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1.16  TᵢG  replied to  Dulay @6.1.14    4 years ago

Rightly so.   

I know I have explained this concept here on NT (but that does not mean people listen).

There are D independents, R independents, L independents, etc.   And there are unaffiliated independents.   The concept of independent means that the individual does not simply follow the lead of a particular party but rather does his/her own thinking.

Apparently some people do not understand the concept of a political independent.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1.17  TᵢG  replied to  CB @6.1.15    4 years ago
"Democratic Light" probably sounds to your and Perrie's minds, if I can be so bold, as when the seeder referred to liberal Christians as "Christian Lite" thereabouts several 'cycles' ago.

It projects utter ignorance of the concept of political independent.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.1.18  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.13    4 years ago

Don’t personalize things.  Indies plural is about a group in general not a single person 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1.19  TᵢG  replied to  XXJefferson51 @6.1.18    4 years ago

Perrie identified as an indie and you replied to that very comment with a disparaging comment on indies.

Claiming you were not applying this to Perrie does not work. 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
6.1.20  1stwarrior  replied to  CB @6.1    4 years ago

Think you meant Dems/Libs.  Rethink your comment.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.1.21  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.19    4 years ago

What doesn’t work is you trying to take a general statement about independents as a whole in general that I believe to be true and like an instigator make it personal between two other members.  I don’t care for independents as a group and like the two party system which marginalizes those not within it.  Independents should work toward the change they seek within the two parties. Leaving them only polarizes each further to the left and right. 

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.22  CB  replied to  1stwarrior @6.1.20    4 years ago

Rethink your comment.

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.1.23  Dulay  replied to  XXJefferson51 @6.1.21    4 years ago
What doesn’t work is you trying to take a general statement about independents as a whole in general that I believe to be true and like an instigator make it personal between two other members.

Are you making the ridiculous claim that independents as a whole aren't made up of individuals? 

I don’t care for independents as a group and like the two party system which marginalizes those not within it.  

The majority of voters self identify as independents and either party would be stupid to 'marginalize' them. 

Independents should work toward the change they seek within the two parties.

They do by expressing their opinions and trying to find common ground. 

Leaving them only polarizes each further to the left and right. 

After the 2008 election, I watched as the GOP created a 'loyalty' test for their candidates and pushed the moderates out of the party. It has only gotten worse since then. Independents had NOTHING to do with that. 

Oh and BTW, many Independents have never been registered members of a political party so the haven't 'left' anything. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.24  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @6.1.14    4 years ago
Democrat who is an independent thinker

Now there is an oxymoron if i've ever heard one.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1.25  TᵢG  replied to  XXJefferson51 @6.1.21    4 years ago
  1. Perrie identified herself as an 'indie'
  2. You replied to the very post where she made the identification.
  3. Your reply included a derogatory statement about 'indies'.

Nobody made you do that.   If you misspoke then clear it up rather than pretend you did not write the reply and attempt to pass the blame to me.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1.26  TᵢG  replied to  Sparty On @6.1.24    4 years ago

Do you seriously hold that a person registered as a D cannot be an independent thinker?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.27  Sparty On  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.26    4 years ago

I didn't say that no matter how hard you'll likely try to rationalize that i have.

But yeah, oxymoron does work.   Especially in this case.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1.28  TᵢG  replied to  Sparty On @6.1.27    4 years ago
I didn't say that no matter how hard you'll likely try to rationalize that i have.

Then explain what you mean because the obvious interpretation of this:

Dulay @6.1.14  ☞ Democrat who is an independent thinker
Sparty @6.1.24 ☞ Now there is an oxymoron if i've ever heard one.

... reads as though you think a Democrat who is an independent thinker is an oxymoron.   

Given the meaning of the word 'oxymoron', it is reasonable for anyone to ask the qualifying question:

TiG @6.1.26Do you seriously hold that a person registered as a D cannot be an independent thinker?

Now if you meant something else you could have simply corrected my misinterpretation.   Instead you pretend that I am in some way purposely trying to misrepresent what you wrote.

You even add on in a way that seems to validate my interpretation:

Sparty @6.1.27 - But yeah, oxymoron does work.   Especially in this case.

So what, specifically, were you trying to say?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.29  Sparty On  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.28    4 years ago

My original post and the one that followed were clear enough for normal inspection here on NT.

That said I'd be happy to share more "specifics" for our NT post analysts here but then you and/or others might get the satisfaction of mining another unneeded COC violation. 

But feel free to respond to me in private if you really need more detailed information to help fill up your data cup and i'll be happy to elaborate.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.1.30  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  CB @6.1.22    4 years ago

Why?  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1.31  TᵢG  replied to  Sparty On @6.1.29    4 years ago

Avoiding my request for clarity twice tells me that my interpretation was spot on.

There are plenty of D, R, L, etc. voters who are independent thinkers.   Party affiliation does not necessarily make an individual a blind partisan.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.1.32  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sparty On @6.1.24    4 years ago

That is for certain!  🗽🇺🇸🦅

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.33  Sparty On  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.31    4 years ago

Avoiding my offer to discuss privately proves the very clear and obvious ill intent here.

SOSDD TiG .... your shtick is getting old ..... very old

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6.1.34  It Is ME  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.31    4 years ago
There are plenty of D, R, L, etc. voters who are independent thinkers.

Not proven to date.

The "Media" only reports on those that "AIN'T" !

Apparently...."Independent thinker" folks "AIN'T" news worthy. Ya never know what answer you're gonna get from them, especially if one is ONLY looking for that certain single answer !

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
6.1.35  igknorantzrulz  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.28    4 years ago

So what, specifically, were you trying to say?

it's Trump like s;peak.

You need an interpreter for them to tell you what they really mean, after their own words,

reveal,

what they really mean.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1.36  TᵢG  replied to  Sparty On @6.1.33    4 years ago

Yeah, asking for clarification is outrageous.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
6.1.37  KDMichigan  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.19    4 years ago
Perrie identified as an indie and you replied to that very comment with a disparaging comment on indies.

How was his comment disparaging? Perrie's comment claims we indies do a lot of fact checking so in your world all indies do fact checking. See how easy it is do use your train of thought? 

CB comment...

Right-wing evangelicals have cut themselves off from us in spirit. 

Yup see no outrage from you on that sweeping comment.

DJT made a comment that indies all to often.... I don't see in anyway that is putting down Perrie but hey we all know that's your schtick. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.38  Sparty On  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.36    4 years ago

Lol  and again, as i have clearly stated several times now you can have your answer if you really want it but i guess you'd rather ..... do whatever the hell it is you're doing here.   Grandstanding?   Tooting your own horn?   Goading?   Whatever dude ......

Like i said, the game you're playing here is getting very old

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
6.1.39  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Sparty On @6.1.38    4 years ago

Like i said, the game you're playing here is getting very old

holding people accountable to their own words is now a game ?

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.40  CB  replied to  XXJefferson51 @6.1.30    4 years ago

Why? Because this article is an example of this very thing! It is lies and manipulation run amok! Shame on anybody who dishonor themselves spreading this propaganda!!!

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.41  CB  replied to  KDMichigan @6.1.37    4 years ago

What is your complain about my remark about right-wing evangelicals? Bring it to me for clarification. And when you do, come with your reason (not victim-hood) for why you're coming! That is, open with a clarification: Are you a right-wing evangelical? Yes or No? Because if you are not, there is a strong probability that you won't know enough about what I am getting after there!

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1.42  TᵢG  replied to  Sparty On @6.1.33    4 years ago

You are on a public forum.  Instead of simply clarifying your comment you deflect and require a private discussion.   

If you cannot stand a differing opinion then a forum is probably a poor venue for you.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1.43  TᵢG  replied to  igknorantzrulz @6.1.39    4 years ago

It seems to be a trend lately.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1.44  TᵢG  replied to  Sparty On @6.1.38    4 years ago

With all the words in your protests you could have answered my question multiple times.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1.45  TᵢG  replied to  KDMichigan @6.1.37    4 years ago
How was his comment disparaging?

See @6.1.25

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.46  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.16    4 years ago
 The concept of independent means that the individual does not simply follow the lead of a particular party but rather does his/her own thinking.

This is basically a ridiculous comment. There are millions of Democrats , and some Republicans, who support a political party yet "do their own thinking".  The Democratic Party establishment wants Biden to be the nominee, that has been obvious for a long while now. Yet, millions of Democrats have voted for Sanders or Warren, candidates who are fairly far off the Democrat establishment path.  

I almost always vote for the Democratic candidate in the general election, but it is not because I don't think for myself, it is because I know that the Party platform stands for things I believe in, and we have a two party political system. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1.47  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.46    4 years ago
This is basically a ridiculous comment. There are millions of Democrats , and some Republicans, who support a political party yet "do their own thinking". 

Yes John, that is exactly the point I was making. Did you misunderstand what I wrote?

One can be a member of a political party and still be an independent thinker.    

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
6.1.48  KDMichigan  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.43    4 years ago
It seems to be a trend lately.

What? Gaslighting peoples posts TG?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1.49  TᵢG  replied to  KDMichigan @6.1.48    4 years ago

No, deflection and cries of foul play rather than standing up and engaging in debate or addressing a logical challenge.

Seems to me, if someone willingly opines on a public forum then they should not cry foul if the opinion is challenged by another.    And certainly if one feels s/he has been misunderstand, it is reasonable to simply correct the misunderstanding rather than engage in tactics.

Did that answer your question?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.50  Sparty On  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.42    4 years ago

You have all the responses you need.   If you're having trouble comprehending the content within perhaps a public forum is not for you.  

Now run along and lecture someone else who cares what you think.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1.51  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.46    4 years ago

In case I was not clear, here is what you should have quoted from me, not just the last sentence:

TiG @6.1.16There are D independents, R independents, L independents, etc.   And there are unaffiliated independents.   The concept of independent means that the individual does not simply follow the lead of a particular party but rather does his/her own thinking.

Did you read the part in blue?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.52  Sparty On  replied to  igknorantzrulz @6.1.39    4 years ago

No but trying to goad people into COC violations is.

Its very sophomoric really.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
6.1.53  KDMichigan  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.49    4 years ago
No, deflection and cries of foul play rather than standing up and engaging in debate or addressing a logical challenge.

What to debate when people purposefully misconstrue some ones words because they had the audacity to address their friend?

Seems to me, if someone willingly opines on a public forum then they should not cry foul if the opinion is challenged by another. 

When the challenge is just more gaslighting from the usual suspects they have every right to cry foul.

And certainly if one feels s/he has been misunderstand, it is reasonable to simply correct the misunderstanding rather than engage in tactics.

What correct the misunderstanding to agree with the perpetually offended?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1.54  TᵢG  replied to  Sparty On @6.1.52    4 years ago
No but trying to goad people into COC violations is.

Is that what you think I am doing?   

That explains why you are deflecting on even a question for clarity.    Nothing to be paranoid about, my interest has always been debate.   I almost never flag comments unless they are egregious.   

Besides, if you make a comment that could be taken as a CoC violation you should blame yourself;   you have control over what you write.   That said, the comment in question could IMO at the very best be a sweeping generalization (even then it would be a weak one).   No reason to deflect from clarifying and move into snark.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1.55  TᵢG  replied to  KDMichigan @6.1.53    4 years ago
What to debate when people purposefully misconstrue some ones words because they had the audacity to address their friend?

Well if you are implying I did that then you did not read my comment.   I interpreted his words directly (no spin) and asked him if that is what he meant to say?   Easy response:  yes, no, silence, ...   Snark just turns things ugly.

What correct the misunderstanding to agree with the perpetually offended?

This is incoherent.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.56  Sparty On  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.54    4 years ago

Nope, wrong again.  

Since you clearly don't want the answers that have been offered multiple times and apparently just want to play word games like usual, i'll leave you to it.   Likely with another one your fine, thinly veiled insults as the last word.

Enjoy now ya hear!

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
6.1.57  KDMichigan  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.55    4 years ago
This is incoherent.

I know you are more than capable of spinning it to whatever you want it to mean. Have at it.

Cheers.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1.58  TᵢG  replied to  Sparty On @6.1.56    4 years ago
Nope, wrong again.  

Best anyone can do is guess if one is afraid to deliver a straight answer to a question.

Since you clearly don't want the answers that have been offered multiple times

Where did you answer my question?   To be clear, here is the sequence:

Dulay @ 6.1.14   ☞  Democrat who is an independent thinker

Sparty @ 6.1.24 ☞ Now there is an oxymoron if i've ever heard one.

TiG @ 6.1.26  ☞ Do you seriously hold that a person registered as a D cannot be an independent thinker?

So what was your answer?:

1. No, I do understand that a person registered as a D could be an independent thinker.
  2. Yes, someone registered as a D cannot be an independent thinker (an oxymoron).
  3. You misunderstood, here _________________ is what I meant.

Was your answer 1, 2, 3 or something else?   Do you have a link to your answer?  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6    4 years ago

That is a chart/poll showing how respondents identified politically vs an opinion piece. The basis of any poll can be questioned just like we can question the opinion. Only the demographics of the 2020 election results will show us who had it right. Nobody knows how people will vote until they actually vote.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6.2.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.2    4 years ago

Well the "story" is two years old.......................whoops

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.2.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.2.1    4 years ago

Right a poll from 2018. I guess there are some like LBJ that think those sentiments will last for 200 years.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.3  Tacos!  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6    4 years ago

The charts don't necessarily make the claim untrue. Those charts show party identification. The claim is about how people are voting. I was a registered Democrat for most of my adult life, but I voted all over the place.

Anyway, the claim in this story is:

with more and more blacks switching from blue to red at the ballot box

Absent some actual data, it does seem to be based on wishful thinking. I'm not saying it's wrong, but the fact is that most people haven't yet had the chance this year to vote for a Democrat vs a Republican yet. For those who have (in congressional or local races for example), I'm not seeing data here on how they have voted.