Spin Donny spin. 

lady in black
Professor Quiet
1.1  lady in black  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

This too will be Obama's fault.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  lady in black @1.1    4 years ago

They had to halt trading after after automatic fail safes kicked in to prevent a panic. 

It has since started back up , with the market rallying slightly

1,643.35 (6.35%)

lady in black
Professor Quiet
1.1.2  lady in black  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.1    4 years ago

I know, I am watching and still placing orders even though I'm down quite a bit.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1.3  Greg Jones  replied to  lady in black @1.1    4 years ago

It's definitely not Trump's fault.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
1.1.4  lady in black  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1.3    4 years ago

If he takes credit for a good stock market gain, they he should also take credit for a bad stock market loss...

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1.6  Tacos!  replied to  lady in black @1.1    4 years ago
This too will be Obama's fault.

I'm pretty sure this isn't anybody's fault.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1.8  Tacos!  replied to  XDm9mm @1.1.7    4 years ago
I'm still not overly convinced that China did not in some way have a 'smidgen' of guilt in this whole debacle.

Fair enough. China clearly could have handled this better. I'm just thinking nobody in America is particularly responsible for the spread of the virus or the market's reaction to it.

zuksam
Junior Silent
1.1.10  zuksam  replied to  XDm9mm @1.1.9    4 years ago
Russia is going head strong into pumping and dumping as much as possible as that's what sustains their economy and in an attempt at hurting the American oil industry which is hindering the Russian oil market power.

Also I read that because of the Virus in China and the slowdown there China Oil imports are down 20%. 20% of China's usual oil imports is a lot of oil and capable of depressing prices by itself. It's the China slowdown that OPEC was trying counter with reduced oil production but Russia see's a chance to strike back at the USA and it's working better than they could have anticipated.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
2  Dean Moriarty    4 years ago

I moved to cash the day the Fed lowered the interest rate last week. Now I’m sitting in the sidelines waiting to bottom out and then jump right back in with both feet. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3  Sparty On    4 years ago

The really sick thing here is the enjoyment some on the left are getting out of this.

And they say there is no such thing as TDS .......

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
3.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Sparty On @3    4 years ago
The really sick thing here is the enjoyment some on the left are getting out of this.

Please tell me who in the hell you think is enjoying any of this.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.6  Sparty On  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3.1    4 years ago

Pay attention a little.   I mean, really pay attention, not just pay lip service to it.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
3.1.8  Dean Moriarty  replied to  Kathleen @3.1.7    4 years ago

Yes many are expecting it to follow the pattern of the Chinese market where they saw a sharp drop in prices initially. Once the virus showed signs of containment prices rose sharply giving their chart a v shaped recovery. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.14  Sparty On  replied to  XDm9mm @3.1.12    4 years ago
The unfortunate flip side of that is the harm it will do (which is actually a Russian hope) to the American domestic drillers/producers.

Don't think for one minute that wasn't part of Putins game plan.

I'm still a better dead than red guy and i don't trust that little KGB bastard any further than i can throw him.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.16  Sparty On  replied to  XDm9mm @3.1.15    4 years ago
And the left thinks that Trump and Putin like each other.

I know its crazy isn't it?

More empirical evidence to my theory that TDS rots the brain.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.18  Sparty On  replied to  XDm9mm @3.1.17    4 years ago

I think there still is a brain involved.   I have several friends, who are very smart people, who have severe TDS induced brain rot.   Its hard to explain but i liken it to TBI's and CTE.   The same stimuli just affects some folks more adversely.   And like TBI's, science can't explain that part of it yet.  

We just know that the brain rot is there in some folks and not in others. 

lady in black
Professor Quiet
3.2  lady in black  replied to  Sparty On @3    4 years ago

What enjoyment would that be....I'm in the market besides having a 401(k)

But we all know crooked donnie plays the blame game, nothing has EVER been his fault in 3 1/2 yrs, just waiting to see how he spins this.  Don't forget he takes credit when the market is up, so he should take responsibility when the market is down, can't have it both ways.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.2.1  Greg Jones  replied to  lady in black @3.2    4 years ago

Tell us why this is Donnie's fault.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
3.2.2  lady in black  replied to  Greg Jones @3.2.1    4 years ago

Tell me why he takes credit for the stock market going up.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.2.4  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  XDm9mm @3.2.3    4 years ago

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.5  Texan1211  replied to  lady in black @3.2    4 years ago
can't have it both ways.

So all those fine folks who have repeatedly said that the economy is solely due to Obama policies and gave Trump zero credit won't be bitching anymore now that the market is down, because that can't be Trump's fault in Obama's economy, right?

lady in black
Professor Quiet
3.2.6  lady in black  replied to  XDm9mm @3.2.3    4 years ago

Obama created all that but crooked donnie takes all the credit but blames Obama when things go wrong...

lady in black
Professor Quiet
3.2.7  lady in black  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.5    4 years ago

It is crooked donnie's fault, don't forget he blames Obama for EVERYTHING to goes wrong.....I'm sure he'll blame him for this too.  But he takes credit for a good stock market.  Circular logic at it's finest, stock market good (all on Crooked donnie), stock market bad (not crooked donnie's fault)

lady in black
Professor Quiet
3.2.8  lady in black  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.2.4    4 years ago

He didn't bring jobs back and coal is NOT coming back either.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.10  Sparty On  replied to  lady in black @3.2    4 years ago
But we all know crooked donnie plays the blame game

Good God, everything IS Trumps fault to you isn't?

The Corona virus ...... the Saudi and Russian oil price war ...... investors overreactions to same ......

Amazing!!!

lady in black
Professor Quiet
3.2.11  lady in black  replied to  Sparty On @3.2.10    4 years ago

Good God, if the market is up he takes credit, so who is he going to blame for it going down, since nothing is ever his fault.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.2.12  JBB  replied to  lady in black @3.2.11    4 years ago

How do they suspend reality to such extents?

lady in black
Professor Quiet
3.2.13  lady in black  replied to  JBB @3.2.12    4 years ago

I don't know.

And the moron in chief is at it once again:

As stocks dive and coronavirus spreads, Trump compares COVID-19 to common flu

• Trump blames news media and Democrats for inflaming the novel   coronavirus   crisis
  • Stock market plunges more than 2000 points Monday morning
  • Democrats propose sweeping list of stimulus measures, including paid sick leave
  • At least two GOP members of Congress self-quarantine after CPAC attendee they interacted with tests positive for coronavirus
  • Azar appears to walk back Trump's comments at CDC that 'anyone who wants a test can get a test" and that they are 'perfect'

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.14  Sparty On  replied to  lady in black @3.2.11    4 years ago

Great googly mooglies and roger that.  

You think all of that is his fault and for the record i challenge you to find where i ever said the up market was ALL his doing.   He certainly can take some of the credit but not all.   No President can ever realistically take ALL of the credit but for the better they all do and for the worse it all gets hung on them.     

By your comment one would think Trump is the first POTUS to ever take credit for the good but he is not.   He's not even close to the only one to ever do that.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.15  Sparty On  replied to  lady in black @3.2.13    4 years ago

Again, taken out of context by a clearly liberal media source.

Keep hacking away though.   It suits you well.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
3.2.16  lady in black  replied to  Sparty On @3.2.15    4 years ago

Not taken out of context, too bad it's from ABC...duh, he tweeted it

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.17  Sparty On  replied to  lady in black @3.2.16    4 years ago

Yes, clearly taken out of context.  

But your comment wasn't taken out of context since you haven't refuted it.

You really do believe the Corona Virus issue and the Saudi - Russian oil price war (clearly the two main causes of this market drop) are Trumps fault.

Amazing!

lady in black
Professor Quiet
3.2.18  lady in black  replied to  Sparty On @3.2.17    4 years ago

Nope it was NOT out of context.

Once again, he takes credit when the market is up, he can take credit for the market being down, lovely circular logic....

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.19  Texan1211  replied to  lady in black @3.2.7    4 years ago
It is crooked donnie's fault, don't forget he blames Obama for EVERYTHING to goes wrong.....I'm sure he'll blame him for this too.  But he takes credit for a good stock market.  Circular logic at it's finest, stock market good (all on Crooked donnie), stock market bad (not crooked donnie's fault)

I see you have missed the point.

If you don't give Trump any credit for the economy, then don't blame him.

If you think the economy did well because of Obama's policies, then credit him AND blame him for when it sours.

It is highly hypocritical to denounce Trump when the economy slumps and credit Obama when the economy is good under Trump.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.20  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.19    4 years ago

Oh, ok. lol. 

Trump gives himself credit. But he gives someone else the blame.  He is like that with every aspect of his life. 

Have you ever seen Trump accept tangible blame about anything?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.21  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.20    4 years ago
Trump gives himself credit. But he gives someone else the blame.  He is like that with every aspect of his life. 

[deleted] You have never given Trump any credit for anything that I have ever seen, but you blame him for everything.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
3.2.22  lady in black  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.19    4 years ago

No, you missed the point....he pats himself on the back when the market was up saying it's all due to him, so when the market tanks it's all on him too.  Once again, love the circular logic...

A few weeks ago he was blaming the democrats after the debates that they were the reason the stock market was dropping.....once again showing he will blame everyone but himself when things go bad

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.23  Sparty On  replied to  lady in black @3.2.18    4 years ago

Yep, you really must believe the Corona Virus issue and the Saudi - Russian oil price war (clearly the two main causes of this market drop) are all Trumps fault.

No logic at all and more evidence of a clearly "rampant" TDS problem in here.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
3.2.24  lady in black  replied to  Sparty On @3.2.23    4 years ago

Well dear leader thinks it was the democratic debate, or so he utter a few weeks ago, but that's okay because it came from crooked donnie's mouth, I didn't see you disputing what he said back then now did you.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.25  Tessylo  replied to  XDm9mm @3.2.3    4 years ago
'He's created the conditions to allow business to grow and expand.  Remember that magic wand Obama wants to know about?  It's Trump.   He's created the American conditions to grow while other nations remained stagnant or contracted.'

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.26  Sparty On  replied to  lady in black @3.2.24    4 years ago
Well dear leader thinks it was the democratic debate

Well ..... Kim Jong-il is dead so i'm not sure what the hell you are babbling on about now.

I'm still amazed you think the current market problems are all Trumps fault.

It just shows how deranged some folks really are when it comes to Trump.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.28  Sparty On  replied to  Kathleen @3.2.27    4 years ago

Some folks here are now bouncing off the walls all over the place on this one.   Problem is when they are doing that they aren't seeing much of what is going on around them.

I started this string with a comment of how i couldn't believe some people were enjoying this financial pain so much because i suppose in their minds it makes Trump look bad.   Then i get other folks asking who is enjoying it, when the evidence is clearly right in front of them if they choose to see it.  Empirical evidence all over the place and it continues on and on.   The TDS ridden can't help themselves.

I'm convinced that TDS prematurely rots the reasoning centers of the brain for some.   They see it but they just can't make the connection.   Gotta be brain rot and it really is pretty amazing!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.30  Texan1211  replied to  lady in black @3.2.22    4 years ago
No, you missed the point....he pats himself on the back when the market was up saying it's all due to him, so when the market tanks it's all on him too.  Once again, love the circular logic...

Would that be the very same circular logic that allows people to claim the economy under Trump was good because of Obama, but now that it is slumping, it is all Trump's fault?

I didn't miss a thing, sorry.

I  am not blind to the fact that both sides do the same things.

I refuse to pretend that only one person or side does the same thing the others do.

freepress
Freshman Silent
5  freepress    4 years ago

Can't wait for the tweets about "fake news" on this one.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
6  Nerm_L    4 years ago

I'm surprised any Democrats want to talk about the COVID-19 epidemic since what is happening reinforces Trump's political message.  COVID-19 is being brought into the country; world travelers crossing the borders are placing the United States at risk.  The stock markets are tanking because the United States has become dependent upon foreign suppliers; China supplies 80 pct of the pharmaceuticals consumed in the United States.  Manipulating the money supply (supply-side economics) can't do anything to shore up the economy.  A coronavirus vaccine can't be made available for 12 to 18 months due to lack of production capacity and compliance with regulatory requirements; the imperative is to protect the bureaucracy.  High tax and highly regulated states are blaming the Federal government for not providing funds, personnel, or supplies; what are those state governments actually doing?

Simple, effective, low-tech measures (like quarantines, hygiene, and social distancing) have become the go-to means for controlling spread of COVID-19.  Science isn't going to provide a high-tech solution anytime soon.  Facts aren't acting as a firewall against spread of the coronavirus.  And the United States can't produce enough hand sanitizer, face masks, test kits, or basic supplies to effectively deploy the simple, effective, low-tech means of controlling spread of COVID-19.  Globalization has placed the United States at risk.

The only thing Congress can do is throw public money ($8 billion at last count) and point fingers.  Congress hasn't actually done anything meaningful to address the flaws, weaknesses, and problems that have been revealed.  And Congress isn't going to do the work necessary to organize and deploy tangible resources; Congress has made it clear that's the job of the President.  States have declared themselves incapable of providing sufficient resources and personnel; Governor's are making it clear that's the job of the President.  Government, at all levels, are only pointing fingers at scapegoats and demanding the President listen to the experts, present the facts, and 'do something'.  

The United States is experiencing a crisis of complacency.  And Democrats are getting behind Joe Biden because he is promising to sustain that complacency by defeating Trump and returning to the 'status quo'.  Yes, it's surprising that Democrats want to talk about the COVID-19 epidemic because Democrats' status quo approach hasn't worked and won't work.  China has been the real threat to the United States; not Russia.  And 'feel good' demagoguery won't fix anything.  Democrats are demanding there be a strong, authoritarian President that will 'do something'.  Is Joe Biden really that guy?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.2  Split Personality  replied to  Nerm_L @6    4 years ago
since what is happening reinforces Trump's political message.  COVID-19 is being brought into the country; world travelers crossing the borders are placing the United States at risk

Stupid message and conclusion, sorry.

The first victim of the virus was an American living in Wuhan,

so the Chinese can rightly say that some how, he infected China.

Next...

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
6.2.1  Nerm_L  replied to  Split Personality @6.2    4 years ago
The first victim of the virus was an American living in Wuhan,

Okay.  That fact (which I haven't verified) only confirms globalization has sickened tens of thousands and killed thousands (so far).

so the Chinese can rightly say that some how, he infected China.

Yes.  And he is responsible for the epidemic spreading to every continent except Antarctica, disrupting the global economy, and threatening the health of the world's population because he could travel to an obviously vulnerable region..  

Stupid excuses to avoid responsibility won't change the reality.  Sorry.,

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.2.2  Split Personality  replied to  Nerm_L @6.2.1    4 years ago

Viruses mutate every day, it's part of evolution. It's part of the circle of life.

There is no blame game, no responsibility game

unless you want to descend into a religious discussion...

which I avoid "like the plague".

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
6.2.3  Nerm_L  replied to  Split Personality @6.2.2    4 years ago
Viruses mutate every day, it's part of evolution. It's part of the circle of life.

Which states the obvious.

There is no blame game, no responsibility game

Except people are pointing fingers at the government for failing to prevent and contain the epidemic.  

unless you want to descend into a religious discussion...

Medical science has indicated that quarantines, hygiene, and social distancing are the most effective methods available for controlling spread of the epidemic.  That means restricting travel, prohibiting social gatherings, and avoiding contact with others.  Political campaign rallies are going to hinder efforts to control spread of the epidemic.  Voting will put the population at risk for spread of COVID-19.

Are Democrats going to accept the science or deny the science?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.2.4  Split Personality  replied to  Nerm_L @6.2.3    4 years ago
Political campaign rallies are going to hinder efforts to control spread of the epidemic. 

Tell Mr.Trump.  Oh, wait, he probably knows by now, after the incidents with CPAC.

Are Democrats going to accept the science or deny the science?

I don't know, they seem to believe in global warming, the EPA, etc.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
7  Greg Jones    4 years ago

Democrats are demanding there be a strong, authoritarian President that will 'do something'.  Is Joe Biden really that guy?

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago
COVID-19 is being brought into the country; world travelers crossing the borders are placing the United States at risk. 

So if you are born in the United States you should never be able to go anywhere else?  What are you talking about? 

And tourism from foreign countries adds a lot to the U.S. economy, particularly in certain geographical regions. 

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
8.2  Nerm_L  replied to  JohnRussell @8    4 years ago
So if you are born in the United States you should never be able to go anywhere else?  What are you talking about? 

The government can't protect the United States without triggering Democratic outrage over 'xenophobia'.  And government can't fix stupid choices made by people.  Democrats have created a self-fulfilling prophecy so they can win elections.  Yet, election winners are not capable of doing anything other than throwing public money and pointing fingers; Democrats are demanding a strong, authoritarian President that will 'do something'.

And tourism from foreign countries adds a lot to the U.S. economy, particularly in certain geographical regions. 

Apparently tourism adds quite a bit more than 'a lot'; tourism has become a foundation block for the economy.  Perhaps off shoring jobs wasn't a good idea.

Is Joe Biden going to fix that?  Or will Joe Biden double down on a status quo that is proving to be ineffective?  Biden may be electable but Democrats are really demanding a Trump.  Biden has plainly stated he is no Trump; Biden won't provide what Democrats are demanding.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.2.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Nerm_L @8.2    4 years ago
The government can't protect the United States without triggering Democratic outrage over 'xenophobia'.  And government can't fix stupid choices made by people.  Democrats have created a self-fulfilling prophecy so they can win elections.  Yet, election winners are not capable of doing anything other than throwing public money and pointing fingers; Democrats are demanding a strong, authoritarian President that will 'do something'.

You didnt answer the question. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @8.2.1    4 years ago
So if you are born in the United States you should never be able to go anywhere else?  What are you talking about? 

Since no one here suggested that, WTF are YOU talking abut?

Why would anyone answer such an inane question to begin with?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.2.3  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @8.2.2    4 years ago
COVID-19 is being brought into the country; world travelers crossing the borders are placing the United States at risk. 

That is what someone said. That sentence says, quite clearly that "world travelers" are placing the US at risk. 

Americans that leave to go away on business or vacation overseas are by definition "world travelers".  Unless they never come back, according to the comment from Nerm I quoted Americans who want to leave the shores of their birth will put America at risk. 

Why do you say something to me when you dont know what you are talking about? 

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
8.2.4  Nerm_L  replied to  JohnRussell @8.2.1    4 years ago
You didn't answer the question. 

You're question was "So if you are born in the United States you should never be able to go anywhere else?"

And I did answer the question.  Government can't fix stupid choices made by people.  People exposing themselves to risks are also exposing themselves to consequences.  People chose to place themselves at risk and are now expecting to be allowed to enter the United States which will place others at risk.  Choosing to travel abroad includes consequences; the government can't fix those consequences.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.2.5  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Nerm_L @8.2.4    4 years ago

you are still not answering the question. 

you said that the virus comes from world travelers, what would be the cure other than banning world travel for americans? 

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
8.2.7  Nerm_L  replied to  JohnRussell @8.2.5    4 years ago
you said that the virus comes from world travelers, what would be the cure other than banning world travel for americans? 

Where else did the COVID-19 virus come from?  And how else can spread of the COVID-19 virus be controlled without addressing how that virus is being spread?

A quarantine is the same everywhere.  Quarantine controls spread of the virus; medical science is relying on quarantines as the effective means of containing the epidemic.  Travelers have placed themselves at risk and the best methodology available from medical science is for those travelers to quarantine where they are located.  Those people traveled for personal benefit and now they are expecting to socialize the consequences.

At present, medical science is telling us that banning world travel is the most viable means of controlling spread of COVID-19.  Those are the facts being provided by medical science.  The Democrats' politics are denying the science and the facts.  Has Joe Biden called for a moratorium on world travel as the science and facts are suggesting?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.2.8  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @8.2.3    4 years ago
That is what someone said. That sentence says, quite clearly that "world travelers" are placing the US at risk. 

Which says absolutely nothing near your "question" of "So if you are born in the United States you should never be able to go anywhere else?  What are you talking about?" He CLEARLY didn't suggest that, based on standard English definitions of words.

Americans that leave to go away on business or vacation overseas are by definition "world travelers".  Unless they never come back, according to the comment from Nerm I quoted Americans who want to leave the shores of their birth will put America at risk. 

Leaving America doesn't put America at risk, JR. Think about it. Coming BACK after being overseas, especially in certain locations, might put Americans at risk. I don't know why anyone would be so obtuse as to disagree with that.

Why do you say something to me when you dont know what you are talking about? 

Your lack of understanding what I wrote isn't MY problem, JR. That's all on you. I damn sure know what I wrote and can read what others have written.

JBB
Professor Principal
10  JBB    4 years ago

Americans just saw 20% of their $ disappear...

Good Luck getting reelected now Trumpsters.