Working Families Party endorses Bernie Sanders

Via:  comrade-cameron  •  one month ago  •  41 comments

Working Families Party endorses Bernie Sanders

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The WFP endorsed Elizabeth Warren last fall. Since she has suspended her campaign, we have decided to   endorse Bernie Sanders .

From the email announcing the endorsement:

Elizabeth Warren is a progressive lion, and we were so proud to stand alongside her in the fight for big, structural change every day. She ran a groundbreaking campaign, and this contest is poorer for her leaving it. We were lucky to have two progressive giants in this race.

But with the field narrowing and critical contests coming up in the next few weeks, we believe the choice for working families is clear.

Bernie Sanders has been a lifelong champion for working people. He wants to make healthcare, housing, childcare, and education basic rights, reform our criminal justice system, protect and expand Social Security, and take bold action on climate.

During his Live Q&A with WFP supporters in South Carolina last year, Senator Sanders vowed to break up big banks that contributed to the housing crash that saw working families lose their homes. He also pledged to invest heavily in affordable housing, strengthen the power of unions and fight for a Green New Deal in his first term.

Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders were far and away the two highest vote-getters when the Working Families Party conducted our ranked choice voting process for its endorsement last September. With so much on the line in November, we can’t afford to sit on the sidelines now.

Working families can’t wait until next time. We can’t wait because climate change won’t wait, spiraling inequality won’t wait, our healthcare crisis won’t wait, and white supremacy won’t wait.

We are proud to endorse Bernie Sanders today because we believe he is our best chance of making this a country that works for the many, not the few — and our best chance of defeating Donald Trump in November.

Electing Bernie Sanders and progressives all the way down the ballot is how we will turn the big bold ideas that both he and Elizabeth Warren have championed for decades into a reality.

WFP supporters nationwide are mobilizing right now to do just that — and we want you to be a part of it.

Yes I’m all in for Bernie!

I’m nor sure yet.

In solidarity,

Team WFP

P.S. In the weeks to come, we are also going to convene meetings around the country for Warren supporters to talk about their experiences from the campaign and plan next steps to fight for structural change in our communities, including electing progressive women up and down the ballot.   Sign up here if you are interested in joining one.

The WFP endorsed Bernie in 2016 and he was the second choice in our endorsement voting last fall. We used rank choice voting so we were able to gauge determine both the top choice as well as underlying support for the candidates. Warren got over 60% of the vote, Bernie got over 30%, and none of the other three who participated (Castro, Booker, de Blasio) got much. It was truly a two person race.

A note on process: We knew we were taking a chance by endorsing early. Before the vote, the Working Families National Committee (I am a representative from WV) had a discussion about what would happen if our endorsee dropped out. The consensus was that we would endorse the second place candidate if that choice was clear and had gotten significant support. That is certainly the case.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
smarty_function_ntUser_is_admin: user_id parameter required
[]

Comrade Cameron
1  seeder  Comrade Cameron    one month ago

Politico has a big story out today about Biden family corruption. Biden and Trump have a history of working against families. Bernie Sanders is the only chose for working families.

devangelical
1.1  devangelical  replied to  Comrade Cameron @1    one month ago
the only chose for

sometimes it's so very difficult to tell who, and who aren't, the foreign actors are around here.

Comrade Cameron
1.1.1  seeder  Comrade Cameron  replied to  devangelical @1.1    one month ago

So says the nothing will ever change establishment boomer.

Ender
1.1.2  Ender  replied to  devangelical @1.1    one month ago

And it is going to get worse the closer to November.

Comrade Cameron
1.1.3  seeder  Comrade Cameron  replied to  Ender @1.1.2    one month ago

It sure is, the Russians will try to help the Dementia candidate.

Ender
1.1.4  Ender  replied to  Comrade Cameron @1.1.3    one month ago
I dreamed a dream in times gone by
When hope was high and life worth living

CB
1.1.5  CB   replied to  devangelical @1.1    one month ago

It is counter-programming. I am going to do my part to clear up what confusion is going on with a video version of the article referred to @1 above.

Please note and give special attention to the announcer's words after the three minute mark. Joe's family members and not Joe the candidate for president are under the lens for any questionable and/or fraudulent activities here.

This point is important. I repeat. Joe's family members, like so many other of us can point to our own family members, act in questionable ways which can (or can not) reflect on Joe/us.

Comrade Cameron you listen up too! Here you go: (Remember at the 3:00 minute mark listen to the details by the announcer). 

Paradigm: Fraud allegations against Biden family

I have highlighted the words "against" and "family" to mark this scandal as it is, is about family members associated with Joe Biden, not Joe individually.

CB
1.1.6  CB   replied to  Comrade Cameron @1.1.3    one month ago

Ad hominem attacks does not promote your case here. And namecalling fails to win arguments.

Comrade Cameron
1.1.7  seeder  Comrade Cameron  replied to  Ender @1.1.4    one month ago

Bernie is for legal weed too.

Comrade Cameron
1.1.8  seeder  Comrade Cameron  replied to  CB @1.1.6    one month ago

I'm not sure what exactly you are talking about Boomer.

CB
1.1.9  CB   replied to  Comrade Cameron @1.1.8    one month ago

What/who/how/when/where do you get off calling anybody "boomer"? Name-calling does not win arguments. Besides, flashing an avatar of a black haired youngish man with a white-haired old candidate makes no statement whatsoever about you. We desire more depth in discussion around here, "Cameron."

That said, you brought up a good news story (Politico article) for us to look into and I have posted info for the group about that. We check out data and information around here, usually before we 'taste' of it.

Comrade Cameron
1.1.10  seeder  Comrade Cameron  replied to  CB @1.1.9    one month ago

The rich are fine with Trump or Biden. Which should be concerning to everyone.

CB
1.1.11  CB   replied to  Comrade Cameron @1.1.10    one month ago

False choice. The people are fine with Joe Biden and are voting for him.  Biden is a life-long democrat. Bernie Sanders is a lifelong independent. Trump is a republican. Got clarity?

Comrade Cameron
1.1.12  seeder  Comrade Cameron  replied to  CB @1.1.11    one month ago

I do have clarity, that is why I won't make the same mistakes you have. If we aren't willing to change, than our country will never change. You will never get traction with a wore out tire.

Ender
1.1.13  Ender  replied to  Comrade Cameron @1.1.7    one month ago

Then it will get more expensive.

Tessylo
1.1.14  Tessylo  replied to  Comrade Cameron @1.1.8    one month ago

Why do you keep referring to people as Boomer?  That's a violation of the CoC.

You're supposed to call them by their screen name.  

Tessylo
1.1.15  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @1.1    one month ago

I know exactly what you mean devangelical.

Tessylo
1.1.16  Tessylo  replied to  Comrade Cameron @1.1.3    one month ago

'It sure is, the Russians will try to help the Dementia candidate.'

You mean Bernie?  Like they helped tRump?

Split Personality
1.1.17  Split Personality  replied to  CB @1.1.5    one month ago

A  rehash of a 2019 article that points out how many seedy lawyers and investors they had to walk away from when those people's pasts were revealed, all while casting shade on son Hunter and brother Jimmy,

neither of whom are running for anything.

Even the artwork is similar.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/08/02/joe-biden-investigation-hunter-brother-hedge-fund-money-2020-campaign-227407

Dignitatem Societatis
1.1.18  Dignitatem Societatis  replied to  Comrade Cameron @1.1.1    one month ago
So says the nothing will ever change establishment boomer.
I'm not sure what exactly you are talking about Boomer.

That dismissive, immature, and derogatory 'OK Boomer' crap isn't doing you any favors here. Didn't your troll farm supervisor inform you that this site is full of boomers?

If your mission here is to garner support for Bernie, then you're doing a piss poor job of it. If anything, you're only increasing and reinforcing opposition to him.

Trout Giggles
1.1.19  Trout Giggles  replied to  Dignitatem Societatis @1.1.18    one month ago
Didn't your troll farm supervisor inform you that this site is full of boomers?

"He's a boomer, she's a boomer, I'm a boomer, wouldn't you like to be a boomer, too?"

Ender
1.1.20  Ender  replied to  Dignitatem Societatis @1.1.18    one month ago

And boom goes the dynamite.

CB
1.1.21  CB   replied to  Split Personality @1.1.17    one month ago

jrSmiley_7_smiley_image.png

CB
1.1.22  CB   replied to  Dignitatem Societatis @1.1.18    one month ago

"Troll farm supervisor" —Hilarious! Maybe it's a con to build resentment against Bernie? Anyway, it does'nt matter. Bernie is a non-starter, because Bernie is expanding up to extremism. For my part, I am not looking to begin a civil war in my homeland over Bernie Sanders. Better to stay in the center of politics and fix stuff with long outreach.

CB
1.1.23  CB   replied to  Dignitatem Societatis @1.1.18    one month ago

Don't resent getting old(er) many are denied the privilege! — Irish Proverb.

72   "I want to get older!" 

Greg Jones
2  Greg Jones    one month ago

Realizing that the Democrats, as presently constructed, are not acting in their best interests, and are a party of broken promises, average working people today see no hope or purpose in reelecting Democrats.

Comrade Cameron
2.1  seeder  Comrade Cameron  replied to  Greg Jones @2    one month ago

A vote for Biden would be a vote for Trump. 

Tessylo
2.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Comrade Cameron @2.1    one month ago

No, a vote for Bernie would be a vote for tRump

Comrade Cameron
2.1.2  seeder  Comrade Cameron  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.1    one month ago

Nothing says I am not a progressive like a vote for the corrupt dinosaur.

Tessylo
2.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Comrade Cameron @2.1.2    one month ago

Nyet

evilgenius
2.1.4  evilgenius  replied to  Comrade Cameron @2.1.2    one month ago

Progressives are as irrational as the Alt+Right. Neither side has attainable goals that work for 300M + people.

Ender
2.1.5  Ender  replied to  evilgenius @2.1.4    one month ago

And neither side is willing to meet in the middle.

evilgenius
2.1.6  evilgenius  replied to  Ender @2.1.5    one month ago

They don't want compromise they want their way and fuck all else.

JBB
3  JBB    one month ago

A vote for Biden is a vote against Trump. Joe Biden is by far the strongest candidate against Trump in the swing states Democrats must win to take the Electoral College. Trump and the damn gop just want to run against Bernie. Bernie is alright in my book butt he isn't even a Democrat and he isn't winning the Democratic primary so he won't be the Democratic nominee. End of the story. Full Stop! Period. The END. Biden 2020...

Comrade Cameron
3.1  seeder  Comrade Cameron  replied to  JBB @3    one month ago

Strongest? The guy said over the weekend there was only one choice, we have to elect Trump in an epic gaffe. I don't even think he knows where he is or who he is most the time.

He is a disaster on par with Hillary. Who am I to tell you it's your fault Trump was elected? LOL  (Trump is the fault of your mindset and other misguided)

Tessylo
3.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Comrade Cameron @3.1    one month ago

I blame Bernie and folks like you Comrade Cameron, DA, I do.

Split Personality
3.1.2  Split Personality  replied to  Comrade Cameron @3.1    one month ago
Strongest? The guy said over the weekend there was only one choice, we have to elect Trump in an epic gaffe. I don't even think he knows where he is or who he is most the time.

Even though Twitter has finally taken down the truncated version of Biden's remarks, plenty of other sources

truthfully reported it in full.

Apparently the first time, Twitter Inc. has flagged a post retweeted by President Donald Trump as “manipulated media.”

The tweet came from Dan Scavino, the White House’s social media director, who posted an edited video of former Vice President Joe Biden saying: “We can only re-elect Donald Trump.”

But the actual, unedited quote, which came from a Biden speech in Kansas City, Mo., on Saturday, was: “We can only reelect Donald Trump if in fact we get engaged in this circular firing squad here.”

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/twitter-flags-biden-video-retweeted-by-trump-as-manipulated-media-2020-03-08

It's like dejavu with all of the old Obama & Bush statements taken out of context, or deliberately manipulated into a falsehood.

Tessylo
4  Tessylo    one month ago

[deleted]

Comrade Cameron
4.1  seeder  Comrade Cameron  replied to  Tessylo @4    one month ago

[deleted]

JBB
4.1.1  JBB  replied to  Comrade Cameron @4.1    one month ago

Hell No, Tessylo does not support Trump...

Tessylo
5  Tessylo    one month ago

The only person tRump pays is himself.