╌>

Locust Valley and Related Schools All Close After Two Cases of Coronavirus Reported

Category:  News & Politics

By:  perrie-halpern  •  4 years ago  •  137 comments

Locust Valley and Related Schools All Close After Two Cases of Coronavirus Reported
In an abundance of safety

The Locust Valley Schools have closed after two bus drivers were shown positive for the coronavirus. Other schools that use the Locust Valley buses have all closed down in an abundance of safety. These schools include Oyster Bay-East Norwich Central School District, Glen Cove School District, and private schools Friends Academy and The Portledge School in Locust Valley to assess the situation. These are among the first Long Island school districts to close due to the coronavirus. All schools are being sanitized and both the districts and the state are assessing when to reopen the schools.  

Also included in Long Island closures is Hofstra University after a student came down with "flu-like symptoms", Plainview Old Bethpage Central School District after a staff member contracted the virus, and Shoreham-Wading River Central School District, after a staff member reported that their spouse may potentially have the virus.

These are the first reported cases on Long Island. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.    4 years ago

Well, of course, my town would be one of the first to be hit by the coronavirus. Oh well... life goes on. I will be updating as news develops 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1    4 years ago

Be careful. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.1.1  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1    4 years ago

Thanks!

lady in black
Professor Quiet
1.2  lady in black  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1    4 years ago

Stay safe!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.2.1  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  lady in black @1.2    4 years ago

I'll try. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.2.1    4 years ago

be careful!

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.3  KDMichigan  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1    4 years ago

Stay safe, no cases in Michigan that I know of. I seen people have been feeding into the media hype though downstate and are clearing the shelves of...….toilet paper.

I'm not to worried I have plenty of TP and am already a freak about avoiding people in winter.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
1.3.1  Sunshine  replied to  KDMichigan @1.3    4 years ago

I was shopping at Meijers on Saturday and there was not one container of disinfecting wipes on the shelves and only a few spray cans of Lysol. 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.3.2  KDMichigan  replied to  Sunshine @1.3.1    4 years ago

I didn't pay attention to the wipes up here in TC Saturday. I'm sure they were hit. There was a guy on the FB heard around TC page the other day complaining because the Secretary of State didn't have a community bottle of hand disinfectant out for him to use, people were blazing him about personal accountability and to go to the damn bathroom and wash his hands if he feels threatened. 

I like our new Meijer up here, barrier free bathrooms, the doors are set so when exiting the bathroom you can kick them open, don't have to use your hands.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.3.3  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  KDMichigan @1.3    4 years ago

Can have enough TP! 

Yeah, I am not planning on going out anywhere in Locust Valley. Just staying in. 

Thanks for the good wishes.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.3.4  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sunshine @1.3.1    4 years ago

Not shocked. 

NYS is making their own disinfectants to be sold at cost to everyone. 

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
1.3.5  Sunshine  replied to  KDMichigan @1.3.2    4 years ago
I didn't pay attention to the wipes up here in TC Saturday.

I wanted to pick some up for my 88 year old mother.  Even though there is not one reported case in Michigan yet she said she wanted to some.  Come to think of it they where low on TP too.  

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
1.3.6  MonsterMash  replied to  KDMichigan @1.3    4 years ago
I'm not to worried I have plenty of TP

I'm avoiding people that have run out of TP

?u=http%3A%2F%2F3.bp.blogspot.com%2F-BAYYH9nszq0%2FTujuDXF4X4I%2FAAAAAAAAJXU%2FKKokINTCAF8%2Fs1600%2F121807-smelly.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.3.7  KDMichigan  replied to  Sunshine @1.3.5    4 years ago

oh no the local Costco sold out of TP today....mass hysteria. and still not one case of corona virus in Michigan.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.3.8  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  KDMichigan @1.3.7    4 years ago

No TP around here either. I guess printer paper isn't a good choice?

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.3.9  KDMichigan  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.3.8    4 years ago

It is in every other store though..

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.3.10  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  KDMichigan @1.3.9    4 years ago

Ah. I'd like to say the same thing, but not so. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.3.11  Split Personality  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.3.10    4 years ago

Two as of midnight along with the Gov declaring an emergency.

After all, they are running out of TP.

jrSmiley_72_smiley_image.gif

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.3.12  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Split Personality @1.3.11    4 years ago

Too bad it isn't the fall - there would be enough wipes for everyone.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1    4 years ago

Sorry to hear. The important thing it to remember the nature of the virus. The older one is, the more severe it is. The elderly in your area should keep themselves inside and well stocked with supplies. All others who were infected are the ones who should wear the mask - so they don't infect others.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.4.1  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.4    4 years ago

Vic,

Could you please explain that to my 86 year old dad, who just went to Costco today? He seems to think that he can't get sick. 

katrix
Sophomore Participates
1.4.2  katrix  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.4    4 years ago

I just followed the CDC's advice and got my 88 year old mom's doctor to authorize a 90 day prescription for each of her meds (normally I have to renew them each month).

I'm very relieved that she isn't in a nursing facility, and she never leaves her apartment unless I or one of her aides takes her. So her exposure to other people is very limited, and I don't take her to the doctor during flu season anyway unless absolutely necessary.

Transyferous Rex
Freshman Quiet
1.4.3  Transyferous Rex  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.4.1    4 years ago

Perrie, I'd say don't be cavalier, but I assume you will not be. As for your dad...what can you say? I hope I'm moving about at his age.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
1.4.4  Sunshine  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.4.1    4 years ago
my 86 year old dad

Oh dear, he shouldn't be out for awhile. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.4.5  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.4.1    4 years ago

If I knew him, I'd offer to go to Costco for him. He is half right on that - It's the elderly that need to stock up, not those under 60.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.4.6  Vic Eldred  replied to  katrix @1.4.2    4 years ago

Excellent! She should stay put for a while. Keep her ahead of the game on her needs, like you did and you've done your duty as a good daughter should.

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
1.4.7  MonsterMash  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.4.1    4 years ago
Could you please explain that to my 86 year old dad, who just went to Costco today? He seems to think that he can't get sick,
At 86 I doubt COVID-19 ranks high on his list of health concerns

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.4.8  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sunshine @1.4.4    4 years ago
Oh dear, he shouldn't be out for awhile. 

Try telling that stubborn old mule that. (he's actually a real sweetheart).

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.4.9  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.4.5    4 years ago

Vic,

I told him I would go for him. He WANTS to go. He loves Costco for some reason.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.4.10  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  MonsterMash @1.4.7    4 years ago

I know MM. But he won't listen. 

Nona62
Professor Silent
1.6  Nona62  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1    4 years ago

OH NO !!!   That is some real scary stuff.  Be careful.!!! So far I think  think there a 6 cases in Chicago !!!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.6.1  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Nona62 @1.6    4 years ago

Yeah, kind of shocking to hear first thing this morning. 

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
2  Dean Moriarty    4 years ago

It looks like most of the states are already infected.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dean Moriarty @2    4 years ago

If you look at that map, it seems like the states that have been untouched are places where people don't necessarily fly to like New Mexico and Mississippi.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    4 years ago

And Arkansas.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
2.1.2  katrix  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.1    4 years ago

Well, Mississippi is right next to Mobile - where six cruise ships set sail just yesterday. And of course people in some of these states travel to other states for work ... many of my neighbors work in VA or MD. And some travel both nationally and internationally for work (one neighbor spent a week in Seattle a few weeks ago for work).

It's only a matter of time before it's in all 50.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.1.3  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  katrix @2.1.2    4 years ago

I have to agree with you Katrix. I really don't think we can contain this. Let's just hope that our medical systems can deal with the ill. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  katrix @2.1.2    4 years ago

It's definitely all around us

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.1.6  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to    4 years ago

Governor Cuomo seems to be very up to speed, I am glad to say. He is also remaining very calm, and informative and considering that we are now apparently the epicenter of the virus, NYers seem to be taking it in their stride I am glad to say.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.7  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.1.6    4 years ago

CA Gov Newsom as well. He asked for and received what he needed from the administration:

HhfEKx_OqbeMEX43?format=jpg&name=small

“We had a private conversation, but [Trump] said, ‘We’re gonna do the right thing and you have my support, all of our support, logistically and otherwise.’ So before he made those statements publicly, I had a private conversation with him around 4:30 West Coast time. And he said everything that I could have hoped for. And we had a very long conversation and every single thing he said, they followed through on.”

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.1.8  1stwarrior  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    4 years ago

Vic - in NM, the state tested 10 folks and came up negative for the virus.  Wife, who's a teacher at a local high school, sez there hasn't been any reduction in class attendance and she and I went to a great Greek restaurant Sat night and the place was packed.  Wally World, Albertsons, Target, etc., are all fully loaded with folks and supplies.

And, you're right - only two places to fly into NM - Albuquerque and Las Cruces - no slow down on flights or passengers.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.9  Vic Eldred  replied to  1stwarrior @2.1.8    4 years ago

We have trouble filling a flight from Boston to Albuquerque. It always goes Logan to JFK to Albuquerque. Then there is the 5+ hour flight.

At least the people in "The Land of Enchantment" are ok! 

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.10  Kavika   replied to  1stwarrior @2.1.8    4 years ago

Things are about to change in NM ASAP.

The Navajo reservation is in both AZ and NM. The Navajo are talking about closing the res to any outsiders to stop the spread of the virus. 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.1.11  1stwarrior  replied to  Kavika @2.1.10    4 years ago

Figures that it would show up in Albuquerque area.  To many of us, it's the cesspool of the state.

Glad the Navajo's are taking precautions - just hope that the Hopi, Zuni and other 19 Pueblos follow suit.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.1.12  1stwarrior  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.9    4 years ago

Surprised they don't send you to O'Hare, Denver and then Albuquerque.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.13  Kavika   replied to  1stwarrior @2.1.11    4 years ago
Figures that it would show up in Albuquerque area.  To many of us, it's the cesspool of the state.

Since it's by far the population center of NM and has an actual airport with flights it's not surprising that he would show up there. 

I have a few friends in Albuquerque and they don't feel like it's the cesspool of the state.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.1.14  1stwarrior  replied to  Kavika @2.1.13    4 years ago

Las Cruces also has flights, but most people drive to El Paso, 42 miles South.

Yeah, I've got quite a few friends that live in Kirky and they all say it's the cesspool, but, they've only lived their whole lives there, so what would they know 'bout the rest of the state, eh?

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.15  Kavika   replied to  1stwarrior @2.1.14    4 years ago

If they think it's cesspool why do they live there?

katrix
Sophomore Participates
2.1.16  katrix  replied to  Kavika @2.1.15    4 years ago

I have friends in Albuquerque, and they love it. It seems like a pretty cool place with lots of different things to do, because of the elevation changes. It's also beautiful.

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.1.17  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.7    4 years ago

That statement was in answer to a question about Trump not wanting the cruise ship to dock at all. The conversation Newsom mentioned was specifically about the cruise ship repatriation, NOT about the Administrations overall actions in this crisis. 

If anyone wants to watch what an informed, articulate and prepared leadership looks like, go watch the press conference from Monday. 

Gov. Newsom initially spoke for 25 minutes, without notes and disseminated detailed data to the people of California. During Q&A Newsom knew exactly how many Californians had been tested, how many were in hospital and how many were in quarantine. It was so refreshing to watch cogent leadership from people that can be trusted. 

Oh and BTW, the Mayor of Oakland, CA, Libby Schaaf, is the one that Trump and some members here wanted to prosecute because of Oakland's sanctuary policy. Now the federal government had to go to her and ask her to be a sanctuary for the thousands of people at risk on the cruise ship. Instead of being 'Trumpian', Mayor Schaaf, after assurances by the state and federal government, gave the green light to let the cruise ship dock at the Oakland Port Authority. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.18  Vic Eldred  replied to  1stwarrior @2.1.12    4 years ago

I think American Airlines may have a flight like that. I'm a Jet Blue guy.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.2  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Dean Moriarty @2    4 years ago

Indeed it does.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
3  lady in black    4 years ago

So far no cases here in the Buffalo/Niagara region...though there are some people quarantined.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  lady in black @3    4 years ago

None in Arkansas. We're too redneck for it

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.1.1  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1    4 years ago
We're too redneck for it

LMAO!!! Too funny.

Baron Creek
Junior Quiet
3.1.2  Baron Creek  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1    4 years ago

Too redneck? The county over from mine has 5 cases since Saturday. That one made it to national news as a walmart employee, seems to be a source of their local pride. You cannot get any more redneck than that!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Baron Creek @3.1.2    4 years ago

Well, I guess not too redneck, we got our first confirmed case.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5  JohnRussell    4 years ago
The town of New Rochelle NY will be "contained"
whatever that means
announcement made by Gov Cuomo's office
evidently there are a lot of cases of the virus there

lady in black
Professor Quiet
5.1  lady in black  replied to  JohnRussell @5    4 years ago

It means they are closing schools and businesses and the National Guard will deliver food

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6  JohnRussell    4 years ago

South Boston St. Patrick’s Day Parade is canceled

THIS IS STARTING TO GET SERIOUS !

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @6    4 years ago
Chicago’s St. Patrick’s Day parades still a go: officials

Even as Boston canceled its St. Patrick’s Day parade, Ireland announced festivities across the island would be halted to try to curtail the spread of the COVID-19 virus and Gov. J.B. Pritzker issued a disaster proclamation for Illinois because of the disease, Chicago officials said Monday they currently have no plans to call off the two major mid-March parades that draw massive crowds of revelers downtown and to the Southwest Side.

The city’s official parade is set to kick off at noon Saturday. The   South Side Irish Parade   takes place on Sunday along Western Avenue in the Far Southwest Side Beverly neighborhood. Each can draw crowds well into the hundreds of thousands if the weather’s nice.

Irish Taoiseach Leo Varadkar on Monday said St. Patrick’s Day parades in Dublin, Cork and elsewhere will not take place this year because of the concern the coronavirus will spread through the dense crowds. Also on Monday, Boston Mayor Marty Walsh announced that the St. Patrick’s Day parade scheduled for Sunday in South Boston has been canceled.

Officials announced Monday that four more people in Illinois have tested positive for the coronavirus, bringing the total number of cases in the state to 11.

Chicago Office of Emergency Management and Communications spokeswoman Melissa Stratton said officials here are still keeping an eye on the developing virus situation.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
6.1.1  katrix  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1    4 years ago

Hmm. Maybe they should take a lesson from Philly during the Spanish Influenza outbreak.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  katrix @6.1.1    4 years ago

Maybe they think Guiness and Jameson will immunize them jrSmiley_4_smiley_image.png

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6.1.3  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.2    4 years ago

Well these folks made a similar mistake................

"The death toll from alcohol poisoning in Iran rose to 44 Tuesday, state news agency IRNA reported, over misguided efforts to ward off the new coronavirus by drinking bootleg alcohol. The outbreak of the virus in the Islamic republic is one of the deadliest outside of China, where the disease originated."

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.1.3    4 years ago

Are you comparing the Irish to Iranians? 

I was making a joke by the way. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6.1.5  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.4    4 years ago

No. I know to what you were referring. Simply pointing out the desperation of some.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
6.1.6  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.1.3    4 years ago

Interesting info Jim.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.1.7  Split Personality  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6.1.6    4 years ago

And Trump just announced a rally for St Patrick's Day.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
6.1.8  1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.2    4 years ago

Specially the Jameson's :-)

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.9  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1    4 years ago

Chicago's two St Patricks Day parades were cancelled last night by Mayor Lori Lightfoot. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7  JohnRussell    4 years ago

The Coachella music festival will either be cancelled or moved to October, the organizer said today. 

charger 383
Professor Silent
8  charger 383    4 years ago

In North Western Virginia, local boarding school was on spring break and they told students to stay home rest of the month.  They have many international students.    

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
8.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  charger 383 @8    4 years ago

I hadn't heard that, but it makes sense to have done it.

Kavika
Professor Principal
11  Kavika     4 years ago

Take care sister and tell Big Chief to throttle his wheels..

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
11.1  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Kavika @11    4 years ago

Thanks, Brother. Big Chief seems to think he's 45 still, but then again we don't call him Big Cheif for nothing (also his belly counts, LOL)

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
11.1.1  1stwarrior  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @11.1    4 years ago

(also his belly counts, LOL) - jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Well, I got my six-pack ready - 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
12  sandy-2021492    4 years ago

Stay safe, Perrie.  And drug your dad's dinner to keep him home, if you have to jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
12.1  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  sandy-2021492 @12    4 years ago

Listen, this is a man who flirts with his nurses within minutes of waking up from surgery! His get up and go apparently is still there.

Dulay
Professor Expert
12.1.1  Dulay  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @12.1    4 years ago

Maybe if you met him at the door with a hazmat suit on he might get the idea. 

Make him 'decontaminate' before he comes into the house and make him decontaminate the car too. Might make him take things seriously. 

My wife works where she is in contact with up to 1000 people a day but as an ex EMT she has a handle on personal protection. I still want to dunk her in Lysol before she enters the house. We haven't seen her parents [both 80+] for 3 weeks and now their assisted living facility is on shut down, no visitors. 

My mom has called me daily and she's getting cabin fever. The weather has been very warm here and she wants to be out and about. We had a full calendar of lunch outings scheduled. We are supposed to be going to a Master Gardeners event next week and a charity show the week after that. I don't know if we will attend, even though the tickets are prepaid. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
12.1.2  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Dulay @12.1.1    4 years ago

It sucks that your parents are all stuck indoors and without company.  My crazy parents are still out and about, and my mom is having heart surgery next week, so that should tell you something about her general health. 

Tell your wife to stay safe and yes, spray her down with Lysol. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
12.1.3  Dulay  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @12.1.2    4 years ago
It sucks that your parents are all stuck indoors and without company. 

Well my wife's parents are in an assisted living home. Dad has dementia and mom sold the house to move in with him. There are quite a few nice people living there. My BIL usually visits daily [lives down the street] but now they're in shut down. 

As for my mom, as we speak she is out in her garden on her hands and knees weeding. I convinced her to put down the hedge trimmers and wait for me but only by threats that I wouldn't fix them if/when she fucked them up. So she is out and about but not how we planned, especially since I have been feeling like crap and am self quarantined from her.

No temp but generally yuk! Doctor calls every afternoon to check on me because I have asthma. Half of my doctors office have some kind of cootie. Doesn't want me to come in but wants to keep an eye on me...Great peeps. 

As for spraying Lysol, I try not to use aerosol sprays. She comes in, dumps her clothes in the washer and showers. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
12.1.5  Dulay  replied to    4 years ago

I made sure that my mom was well stocked with hand sanitizer in January and kept bitching at her until now it's second nature for her to use it religiously when she's out. I found that begging her to 'do it for me' worked pretty good. We had the same talk with my MIL. As a retired nurse, she just laughed at us. She was like, I knew this shit before you were born. 

Ya can't lock them up, so all you can do is give them the best tools. Information and supplies.

I heard a doctor that said that those of us that help to take care of our elderly parents should just assume that we are infected and to act accordingly. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
13  Buzz of the Orient    4 years ago

I'm really sorry to see all this happening to all of you, whether you're my friends or not.  But don't blame me - you can't catch it over the internet.  I hope that all of you, and your loved ones, will escape this scourge.  So far we have been lucky enough to have remained safe, and at least the problem is starting to ebb here.  After 6 weeks of self-imposed lockdown, I'm starting to get out.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
13.1  author  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @13    4 years ago

Buzz,

Very nice of you to wish all of us good wishes, especially since you are cooped up too!

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
14  Sunshine    4 years ago

First reported cases in Michigan yesterday.  Only two and the governor declares a state of emergency.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
14.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Sunshine @14    4 years ago

7 here in NC and the Governor did the same..........................

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
14.1.1  Sunshine  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @14.1    4 years ago

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
14.1.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Sunshine @14.1.1    4 years ago

jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
14.1.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sunshine @14.1.1    4 years ago

"The virus will not have a chance against us. No nation is more prepared, or more resilient than the United States... We are all in this together. We must put politics aside, stop the partisanship, and unify together as one nation and one family," President Trump says.

merlin_170378688_a74bd3d0-3333-4e02-99ba-7a9e1c6222a0-articleLarge.jpg

JBB
Professor Principal
14.1.4  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @14.1.3    4 years ago

And, in response to Trump's lameass lying reassurances DOW futures dropped another thousand points erasing any excuse that Trumpism has been good for our economy. We are careening into a global recession. Once again the damn gop has brought us to economic ruin with trillion dollar deficits and no tools left to stimulate our economy when they are really needed. Joe Biden can literally coast into the White House now...

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
14.1.5  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JBB @14.1.4    4 years ago
Once again the damn gop has brought us to economic ruin

Yep.........sure. Or not. 

The GOP unleashed the Corona virus in China so they could tank the economy. 

Don't be a fool. I realize the TDS sufferers can't see past their partisanship (as evidenced by your post) and just love blaming the administration for something no one had any control over since it came from China. But the GOP let it get out of China and in turn, it screwed up the markets........and they knew, just KNEW it would...................../S

Your post screams of disgust while at the same time, exposes your inside propensity and giddiness to blame shit like this on the GOP and Trump. You just couldn't wait.............and it shows..........

While your post is bullshit I am sure you will garner the admiration of some here on the site. I see one cheerleader has already "approved" of your doom and gloom message.

Have a great day and do try to pull yourself up from the doldrums. 

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
14.1.6  Dean Moriarty  replied to  JBB @14.1.4    4 years ago

Ultimately it is the individuals choice if he holds long or short positions and should be well aware that markets fluctuate before entering. I’m working this to my advantage as I locked in significant gains. There is tremendous opportunity when the market goes up or down. Valuations were very high and the drop will provide me with potential for a big run up when the virus shows signs of containment. 

JBB
Professor Principal
14.1.7  JBB  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @14.1.5    4 years ago

The damn gop always craps out our economy...

It not like the gop hasn't done it over and over.

JBB
Professor Principal
14.1.8  JBB  replied to  Dean Moriarty @14.1.6    4 years ago

Someone always profits from other's suffering...

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
14.1.9  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  JBB @14.1.4    4 years ago
Joe Biden can literally coast into the White House now...

I know.  I couldn't believe what I was hearing.  

First, that was a taped address last night.  There is no way that horses patoot would stick to any script  We'll talk about how he looked and sounded stoned out of his mind, later.  What his 'handlers' didn't consider was his inability to shut up.  He began clean-up tweets within moments of saying, "Goodnight."  On a side note, the 'My fellow Americans' thing made me want to slap-jiggle the fat on his ass until he couldn't sit down for a week.

Secondly, his tweets were loud and clear as to where his loyalty really was.  Business over lives.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
14.1.10  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JBB @14.1.7    4 years ago
It not like the gop hasn't done it over and over.

From your link..........

* Lag times for policies to kick in. Evidence pointing to better economic growth under Democrats is an illusion created by the timing of when presidents enter office, says Timothy Kane at the Hoover Institution think tank at Stanford University.  Factoring in the one-year lag between the time a new president is elected and when the policy effects kick in, "there is no statistically significant advantage for either party in the White House," Kane says. Presidents inherit problems that were created by policy decisions before they were elected, Kane says. Presidents Reagan, Bush and Obama faced recessions after they were inaugurated in 1981, 2001 and 2009, respectively he says.

JBB
Professor Principal
14.1.11  JBB  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @14.1.10    4 years ago

Just admit it. The gop is fiscally irresponsible...

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
14.1.12  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JBB @14.1.11    4 years ago
Just admit it. The gop is fiscally irresponsible...

No.

Again, from your newest link.............

"Every Republican since Teddy Roosevelt has had one in their first term".

And I refer you back to #14.1.10 and the "inheritance" factor..............

Professor Guide
14.1.13  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Dean Moriarty @14.1.6    4 years ago
Valuations were very high and the drop will provide me with potential for a big run up when the virus shows signs of containment. 

Pardon the interruption, but has it ever occurred to you that you don't need Trump in office to insure that you and your family live a comfortable life, not only now, but in the future?  You seem incredibly clever regarding your own money-making skills.    

Also, have you ever thought about helping others improve their financial circumstances?  And yes, I know how silly that sounds to you, so just pretend it is a logical and/or meaningful question.  

JBB
Professor Principal
14.1.14  JBB  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @14.1.12    4 years ago

Trump inherited Obama's boom and ruined it.

Can you spell "Financial Crisis"? Better learn...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
14.1.17  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @14.1.3    4 years ago

87710456_10221528004450970_9076974971309260800_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=2asyswjDoloAX8dwmyT&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=b44f5f46130adab4c9db0716b678ccef&oe=5EA71460

Tessylo
Professor Principal
14.1.18  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @14.1.10    4 years ago

89770982_1551222275028119_6248166788400414720_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=R-mQaljRlEIAX-z_rhb&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=d64eec3788c0e97bfa2235db29bce8de&oe=5E92CDA6

Professor Guide
14.1.19  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to    4 years ago
By the way I have a boat to scrape and power wash this morning when can I expect to see you for your help.

I'm more than happy to help you out if you need it.  Address please.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
14.1.20  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @14.1.17    4 years ago

We'll be waiting for ya...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
14.1.21  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @14.1.20    4 years ago

It will be a BLUE WAVE.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
14.1.22  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @14.1.21    4 years ago

Of tears..............again.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
15  sandy-2021492    4 years ago

Public schools here will be closed Monday for staff to put together online classes, if a shutdown becomes necessary.