╌>

White House Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham Promises ‘Healthy’ Trump Will Be ‘Just Fine’

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  4 years ago  •  25 comments

By:   Matt Wilstein The Daily Beast

White House Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham Promises ‘Healthy’ Trump Will Be ‘Just Fine’

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Politics

Matt Wilstein

The Daily Beast March 9, 2020, 12:10 PM EDT

7793f9b54d54eb2c554b959b13f54ac5

The morning after Surgeon General Jerome Adams   declared the 73-year-old president “healthier than what I am” on CNN’s State of the Union , White House Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham similarly downplayed concerns about Donald Trump’s health on   Fox & Friends

Asked by co-host Ainsley Earhardt if Trump would continue to hold campaign rallies during the coronavirus outbreak despite warnings about older Americans avoiding crowds, Grishman said, “Yes, he plans on still holding rallies.” 

“And I’ll tell you what, with our president, this man who doesn't sleep and who I have seen work 15, 16 hours a day every day, I have no problem thinking that he is going to be just fine and just healthy,” she continued. 

Donald Trump Jr. Defends ‘Hyperbole’ About Democrats and Coronavirus

Next, Steve Doocy raised more concerns over a CPAC attendee who   interacted with several members of Congress   before testing positive for the virus. “Apparently, [the attendee] shook hands with Matt Schlapp and Matt Schlapp shook hands with the president,” he said. “Is the president a little freaked out about that?” 

“No, not at all,” she answered, explaining that Trump is taking the “appropriate precautions” during the outbreak. “The president of the United States, as we all know, is quite a hand washer,” Grisham said of the   notorious germaphobe . “He uses hand sanitizer all the time. So he’s not concerned about this at all.” 

Grisham’s assurances follow a   report from   The Washington Post   that cited a “growing sense of concern and uncertainty” about Trump’s potential to contract the virus and stated, “Concerns for the president’s personal health have also escalated as the death toll from the virus has risen, with most of the victims being senior citizens.” 

Later in the interview, Grisham went after both Democrats and the media for daring to criticize the Trump administration’s handling of the crisis. “I just want to stress to politicians and the media to stop using this as a tool to politicize things and to scare people,” she said. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago

“And I’ll tell you what, with our president, this man who doesn't sleep and who I have seen work 15, 16 hours a day every day, I have no problem thinking that he is going to be just fine and just healthy,” she continued. 

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

If golfing and watching Faux 'news' counts as working, I guess.  

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  Tessylo @1    4 years ago
If golfing and watching Faux 'news' counts as working, I guess.

Don't forget photo ops.  Someone had to show him where his desk was for this one.

5a660f7800d0ef1e008b46e1?width=1100&format=jpeg&auto=webp

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.1.1  KDMichigan  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1    4 years ago
[removed]

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.2  Ozzwald  replied to  KDMichigan @1.1.1    4 years ago

removed for context

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
1.2  Dean Moriarty  replied to  Tessylo @1    4 years ago

For those that want to see how busy he really is. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Dean Moriarty @1.2    4 years ago

I doubt they would put golf and watching Faux 'news' on the lazy fucks' calendar.  What is it, executive time?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.2.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.1    4 years ago

Executive time is the 19th hole.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.3  Dulay  replied to  Dean Moriarty @1.2    4 years ago

Wow so today he meets with Pompeo after noon, meets with bankers for a whole hour and a half  and then goes to dinner. 

Grueling. /s

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.2.5  KDMichigan  replied to  Dulay @1.2.3    4 years ago
Wow so today he meets with Pompeo after noon, meets with bankers for a whole hour and a half  and then goes to dinner.  Grueling. /s

Yes because that's all it takes to be President Dulay. [deleted. Please stop referring to Dulay's grandfather.]

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.6  Dulay  replied to    4 years ago

Trump doesn't do computers, he only does twitter. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.7  Dulay  replied to  KDMichigan @1.2.5    4 years ago
Yes because that's all it takes to be President Dulay.

It would take a miracle to be President Dulay. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago

I think his 'press' secretary needs to wear a mask.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

She got her medical diploma where?  She is just another Trump toadie saying what he wants to hear, no matter if the person knows what they are talking about or not.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4  Tacos!    4 years ago
a “growing sense of concern and uncertainty” about Trump’s potential to contract the virus

Well, I think this is going to be a legitimate concern not just for Trump, but for all candidates, and whichever of them wins in November. Not only are they living lives where they are more likely to contract the disease, they are all of an age where consequent death is more likely than it is for younger populations. This is another reason y'all should have voted for Amy or Pete or somebody who doesn't have a headful of white (or white-colored-orange) hair.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
4.2  Colour Me Free  replied to  Tacos! @4    4 years ago
Well, I think this is going to be a legitimate concern not just for Trump, but for all candidates, and whichever of them wins in November. Not only are they living lives where they are more likely to contract the disease, they are all of an age where consequent death is more likely than it is for younger populations.

Yes, yet it is rather speculative as well ………...………. so far elderly with underlying health issues are at the higher risk - or anyone with a compromised immune system.

I may be completely misunderstanding what I have read and heard .. but ... it is not the mortality rate that is concerning, it is the rate of spread and  the unknown factors of cause ……………………… yet I have also read then researched that science most likely knows the source of this strain to be bats - thus the 'unknown' comes into the light (?)

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
5  bbl-1    4 years ago

So Grisham said Trump will be just fine?  Alright, fine for what?