╌>

Trump says he knew coronavirus was a 'pandemic long before it was called' one. Two weeks ago he called it a 'hoax.'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  32 comments

Trump says he knew coronavirus was a 'pandemic long before it was called' one. Two weeks ago he called it a 'hoax.'

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Speaking to reporters at the White House on Tuesday, Trump denied he's   changed his tune   in recent days about the coronavirus.

The president is even claiming he was ahead of the curve and knew the outbreak amounted to a pandemic even before the World Health Organization declared it one. "I've always viewed it as very serious," he said. "There was no difference yesterday from days before. I feel the tone is similar."

Unsurprisingly, people were quick to point out that Trump's previous rhetoric doesn't line up with that — at one point, during a rally in South Carolina, he   described   the Democrats' criticism of his administration's response to the outbreak as "their new hoax" and more recently   said   that the U.S.'s once-limited number of cases would soon be gone. In short, Trump was mainly focused on downplaying the threats of the virus and calling his opponents out for   fearmongering . Based on that, it's fair to say Trump wasn't quite the seer he now proclaims to be.  

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago

Consistency is not a Trumpian thing. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago

This level of mental confusion is proof he is senile, right? 

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2.1  cjcold  replied to  JohnRussell @2    4 years ago

At the very least it is proof of his insanity.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3  Vic Eldred    4 years ago

Trump banned entry from China into the US at the end of January!

www.nytimes.com /2020/01/31/business/ china -travel...

The World Health Organization (WHO) on March 11 declared COVID-19 a pandemic.

Ya, I'd say Trump did know it was a pandemic long before the WHO made the call!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Vic Eldred @3    4 years ago

Yet he does not ban travel from countries where he has golf resorts despite the growing number of cases in those countries.  Oh please, he would not know a pandemic from panty hose.  But you just continue to make excuses for him.  That is what his base does.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3.1    4 years ago
et he does not ban travel from countries where he has golf resorts

LOL!!!!  How many of those countries covered up and help spread a dangerous disease worldwide?  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.3  Vic Eldred  replied to    4 years ago
So by that comment, do you consider this an attempt by foreign entities to purposely infect us?

You mean, now that Iv'e proved that Trump did know it was a pandemic long before the WHO made the call?

The question you are asking implies that there are no other reasons for what the Chinese government did other than to "purposely infect us." That's not what I think happened. I think China tried to conceal their incompetence in handling the initial outbreak. (Remember - their own economy has collapsed as a result). In so doing they allowed many flights out of China to all parts of the world. They knew about the outbreak maybe as far back as November. Whether it was purposeful or not, it's still a horrendous act. One could say they are responsible for every person who died outside of Wuhan, not to mention the upheaval to other economies. 

If the latter, no one need look any further than our current administration in witnessing the reluctance to acknowledge the threat and make preparations accordingly.

Actually, the current President is to be commended (something many here are incapable of doing) for taking quick action. He did suspend travel from China on Dec 31, long before the WHO got around to classifying the outbreak as a pandemic. The CDC did leave us in a bit of a bind because they didn't have adequate test kits and they seemed to be more concerned with enforcing their bureaucratic laws than controlling the virus. The WHO had developed test kits for Corona virus, but had never offered them to us. Europe being Europe hadn't placed any restrictions on travel until the horse had left the barn. Some of our problems were exacerbated via travel coming from Europe. Despite the problems with CDC and Europe, the President was able to get the best people to develop guidelines for the country along with engaging corporations willing to work on testing & controlling the spread of the disease. The President has also been able to work with governors, some of whom were his arch enemies, not to mention about a $Trillion in stimulus spending. 

I think it may be time to give credit where credit is due. Are you up to it?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.1.6  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  XDm9mm @3.1.5    4 years ago
Cutting INCREASES in budgets is not cutting funding.  It's simply limiting the increase to a lesser amount.

It boggles the mind that so many don't understand that..............well to not think about it does breed a much needed talking point for the left.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.7  Texan1211  replied to    4 years ago
Let's not forget the funding cuts to the agency, also initiated by the current resident..

Please post a credible link showing how much has been cut from the CDC budget year to year.

BTFW, a budget less than asked for but more than the prior year is NOT a budget cut no matter how it gets spun.

Please post the link proving your statement.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.8  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.7    4 years ago

Texan, how many "credible links" have you ever posted on this forum? 

It's a simple question. From what I can see, you could count them on the fingers of one hand. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.8    4 years ago
Texan, how many "credible links" have you ever posted on this forum? 

What the FUCK does THAT have to do with someone claiming something, and then simply being asked for a link?

DO YOU have the link?

STFU then.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.10  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.8    4 years ago

WHAT do you need a link to, JR? 

What exactly do you want me to post?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.11  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.9    4 years ago

lol, if you are happy just reduced to constantly asking questions of people who do seed articles or write articles and make comments with content, while you follow them around asking questions and demanding links all day, go for it. 

I just made a suggestion. By the way, when I ignore your questions, dont feel slighted. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3.1.12  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.10    4 years ago

What exactly do you want me to post?

how about start with anything that's not a whataboutism

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.13  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.11    4 years ago

So you are unable to articulate WHAT links you want, but still demand them?

WTF?

I never feel slighted about anything you manage to type.

But it is the HEIGHT of hypocrisy to demand something and yet, still be unable to specify what the fuck you are demanding.

That is ridiculous.

Get that shit outta here!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.14  Texan1211  replied to  igknorantzrulz @3.1.12    4 years ago
how about start with anything that's not a whataboutism

If you too, need a link, please be specific. I have no idea WTF you are asking for if you can't even say it.

[removed]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.15  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.13    4 years ago

I'm not demanding that you post links or seed articles, I am suggesting that is a better way to go than constantly asking questions and demanding links from those who do seed and write. 

I can find a good link for every single thing I ever say about the news. Every one. But I'm not going to go running copying and pasting links just to satisfy people who do nothing here but ask questions and ask for links. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3.1.16  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.14    4 years ago

[removed]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.17  Texan1211  replied to  igknorantzrulz @3.1.16    4 years ago

Ooooh, another internet tough guy.

I'm getting so scared!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.18  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.15    4 years ago
I'm not demanding that you post links or seed articles, I am suggesting that is a better way to go than constantly asking questions and demanding links from those who do seed and write

Not interested in your suggestions.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

This ahole needs to just shut the f up.  He puts his foot in his mouth so often that he has athlete's tongue.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6  Vic Eldred    4 years ago

What and interesting seed.

Good night.

bugsy
Professor Participates
7  bugsy    4 years ago

Well, of course the headline is a lie.

Intelligent people know Trump was referring to the democratic response to the pandemic. Trump never said the coronavirus was a hoax.

Only feeble minded people think he did.,

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
7.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  bugsy @7    4 years ago
Trump never said the coronavirus was a hoax.

Yes, he did.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @7.1    4 years ago

If you criticize Trump it is a "hoax".

Most embarrassing president* in U.S. history. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
7.1.2  bugsy  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @7.1    4 years ago

Of course the video is edited to meet the liberal hand wringing.

In truth, he was talking about the democratic response to the virus, not the virus itself.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  bugsy @7    4 years ago

The bottom line right there.  The blame Trump instead of chinese incompetence or worse for the spread of the virus is in fact a democrat hoax.