╌>

China Lied And People Died: Chinese Scientists Destroyed Wuhan Coronavirus Evidence in December

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  the-peoples-fish  •  4 years ago  •  94 comments

China Lied And People Died: Chinese Scientists Destroyed Wuhan Coronavirus Evidence in December

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The Chinese are to blame for this Wuhan coronavirus pandemic. Their containment methods were laughable, their officials refused to inform the public, and people died. They allowed Wuhan to celebrate Chinese New Year, exposing potentially tens of thousands to the disease. Some five million left the city before they enacted a quarantine. And now we’re hearing that they knew about human transmissions.   The Wall Street Journal ’s piece on how this whole international fiasco began   all but places the blame   where it should rightfully be directed: China

It was on Dec. 10 that Wei Guixian, a seafood merchant in this city’s Hua’nan market, first started to feel sick. Thinking she was getting a cold, she walked to a small local clinic to get some treatment and then went back to work.

Eight days later, the 57-year-old was barely conscious in a hospital bed, one of the first suspected cases in a coronavirus epidemic that has paralyzed China and gripped the global economy. The virus has spread around the world and sickened more than 100,000.

For almost three weeks, doctors struggled to connect the dots between Ms. Wei and other early cases, many of them Hua’nan vendors. Patient after patient reported similar symptoms, but many, like her, visited small, poorly resourced clinics and hospitals. Some patients balked at paying for chest scans; others, including Ms. Wei, refused to be transferred to bigger facilities that were better-equipped to identify infectious diseases.

When doctors did finally establish the Hua’nan link in late December, they quarantined Ms. Wei and others like her and raised the alarm to their superiors. But they were prevented by Chinese authorities from alerting their peers, let alone the public.

One of the first doctors to alert Chinese authorities was criticized for “spreading rumors” after sharing with a former medical-school classmate a test result showing a patient had a coronavirus. Another doctor had to write a self-criticism letter saying his warnings “had a negative impact.”

And now, there are reports that Chinese scientists destroyed evidence about the virus back in December (via   The Times UK ):

Chinese laboratories identified a mystery virus as a highly infectious new pathogen by late December last year, but they were ordered to stop tests, destroy samples and suppress the news, a Chinese media outlet has revealed.

A regional health official in Wuhan, centre of the outbreak, demanded the destruction of the lab samples that established the cause of unexplained viral pneumonia on January 1. China did not acknowledge there was human-to-human transmission until more than three weeks later.

The detailed revelations by Caixin Global, a respected independent publication, provide the clearest evidence yet of the scale of the cover-up in the crucial early weeks when the opportunity was lost to control the outbreak. Censors have been rapidly deleting the report from the Chinese internet.

Those who do slam the Chinese government’s antics   vanish , as National Review’s Jim Geraghty noted, among other things. One doctor in Wuhan tried to raise the red flags about this virus in December and the state came down on her (via   Business Insider ):

A Wuhan doctor said she wishes she could rewind the clock to December when she first sounded the alarm about a new pneumonia-like virus — only to back away after being reprimanded by Chinese officials.

Ai Fen, director of Wuhan Central Hospital's emergency department, told Chinese magazine People that a colleague sent her a diagnostic report in late December of a worrying infection that mirrored severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), according to the South China Morning Post.

Ai shared a picture of the report on a WeChat group on December 30, and then its members circulated that photo more widely. Whistleblower doctor Li Wenliang, 34, who was silenced by Chinese officials and then died of the COVID-19 virus, was part of that group. 

Ai said she also gave hospital authorities a heads-up about the virus.

"I even grabbed our hospital respiratory department director, who happened to be passing my office, and told him that one of his patients was confirmed to have been infected with a SARS-like virus," Ai said to People magazine, the Post reported.

[…]

…doctors were not allowed to report cases that they encountered.

"It's fairly easy to fill out the disease reporting form," a doctor told Caixin. "When we get cases of hepatitis B or other severe infectious diseases, we can make a diagnosis directly on the computer, fill in the infectious disease report in a pop-up window and just click OK." But "to do that, a diagnosis must be made," the doctor said.

A law enforcement official visited the hospital on January 12, Caixin reported, and told medical staff that the infectious disease forms could only be completed and submitted with guidance from experts at the city and provincial levels.

The next day, Wang Wenyong, who leads infectious disease control at Wuhan's Jianghan district disease control center, told Wuhan Central hospital to alter a suspected coronavirus report to say that patients were suffering from other illnesses.

The Chinese knew. They tried to arrogantly suffocate this news with a pillow. They kept medical staff in the dark. They strong-armed doctors who tried to save lives and do the right thing. Like all authoritarian governments, disasters of this scale cannot be allowed to happen. Look how long it took the Soviets to realize that Chernobyl was, uh, a HUGE problem. The same applies here. China didn’t want to look weak, powerless, and ineffective in a massive public health situation. They thought if they ignored it, it would go away. It didn’t. And now they’ve unleashed this mess onto the world.   It was them

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2  Vic Eldred    4 years ago

They will defend the government of China rather than rally around this President. What traitors!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    4 years ago

I have been reading this thread and I have not read anything here that is defending China, Vic. I think we all know what a horrible dictatorship they are. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.1    4 years ago

You did see the Washington Post tweet I linked in Post #1.3.10?  As for comments, you don't have to go far around NT to find them.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    4 years ago

How is that different than Trump saying he trusts Putin over our own intelligence experts?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.3.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.3    4 years ago

Quote please?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4  It Is ME    4 years ago

I read that the "First" young Doctor to "Spout the News" from over there, "Suddenly" ……  came down with the Virus.....and "Died". jrSmiley_99_smiley_image.jpg

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  It Is ME @4    4 years ago

Human life and safety is meaningless in the PRC.  If someone dies on the job, they have 1.4 billion others to fill the position.   I've watched stick welding done without a face shield.  I've watched a gasoline fired fork lift moving product in a warehouse with the exhaust making people sick.

People coming up missing is just swept under the rug

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1.2  Krishna  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @4.1    4 years ago
Human life and safety is meaningless in the PRC.  If someone dies on the job, they have 1.4 billion others to fill the position.   I've watched stick welding done without a face shield.  I've watched a gasoline fired fork lift moving product in a warehouse with the exhaust making people sick.

If Trump and the rest of the Trump Crime family had their way the same conditions would exist in the U.S.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4.1.3  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Release The Kraken @4.1.1    4 years ago

The population needs to grow a pair and walk outside with a rake.

You would think so, but all of their newspapers are reporting "good and happy news" all the time.  When the government decides it's in their interest to show they are doing things to fight corruption, then they release stories on public and military officials that have fallen out of favor and are made examples of for corruption.  The real corruption still lies at the top with old men that have attained their positions not because of being qualified, but because they have stronger political ties. 

Even all of the billboards and public notices are emblazoned with cute little aname cartoon art.  It is a form of "don't worry, be happy"  "Trust us to do what's in your best interest."  Marry this to what I see is a cultural superiority complex because they are older.  They believe that the rest of the world should respect them just because.

This is what I got out of my seven months on assignment there.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
4.1.4  Dean Moriarty  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @4.1.3    4 years ago

Hopefully Hong Kong protests will be a catalyst to shake them out of their slumber. We started to see some uprisings in China near the border not long ago in support of Hong Kong’s quest for democracy. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.6  Vic Eldred  replied to  Krishna @4.1.2    4 years ago
had their way the same conditions would exist in the U.S.

There is a reason why new diseases keep appearing in China:

OqsdhW6r?format=jpg&name=small

Think of the unsanitary conditions involved with live animals stacked on top of one another.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
4.1.7  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.6    4 years ago
Think of the unsanitary conditions involved with live animals stacked on top of one another.

yepp, that is the official story the communists gave us. which means it is a lie also.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
6  bbl-1    4 years ago

All jokes aside, if our INTEL was not aware of any of these accusations put forth in this 'article', then what are we paying them for. 

Or, would the truth be that our INTEL did inform the US Government and the leadership was either more involved in smearing certain people or simply did not believe the INTEL because it doesn't trust anything except itself?