╌>

Two former Obama officials clash on MSNBC

Category:  News & Politics

By:  vic-eldred  •  4 years ago  •  19 comments

Two former Obama officials clash on MSNBC
"I don't have time to listen to bull----, people," a fed-up Craig Fugate, a former administrator of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), said, as he took off his earpiece and stormed out of the set during an interview with the network's Katy Tur.

MSNBC offered their indoctrinated viewers another rare treat yesterday as former Obama FEMA administrator got a little hot under the collar and stormed off the set after Andy Slavitt – Obama's former acting administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services said that Fugate's comments weren't "helpful."  For those unaware of progressive newspeak to say one's comments "weren't helpful" means they were egregious or false. Slavitt on the other hand laid out a fictitious hypothetical scenario in which hording of medical masks might be occurring at a production center in "Texas" which would cause a shortage of masks in "New York!" At which point former FEMA administrator Craig Fugate said "I don't have time to listen to bullshit people" and stormed off the set.

Thanks to the wonder of YouTube we can enjoy it over & over:

For the record Slavitt apologized (as did Fugate): "Craig my sincere apologies for contributing this." "Please keep informing people as you do. You’re a terrific public servant. We’re on the same team. Andy."

"We have always valued and appreciated Craig Fugate's time and expertise. Tensions are obviously very high. We hope to have him back. We need people who know how things work now more than ever." ....Katy Tur

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    4 years ago

Tensions are still high over at MSNBC

BTW: Trump is completely off topic

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    4 years ago

Did you see or hear the entire interview Vic? What were they disagreeing about? 

By the way, I know. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2    4 years ago
Did you see or hear the entire interview Vic? What were they disagreeing about? 

Yup. Coordination between the feds and state government. Got it! BTW, I do have to be careful when I watch, it does turn my stomach.

By the way, I know. 

That I'm sure of.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    4 years ago

Yes, Andy wants the federal government to take the lead role and Craig wants the states and cities to take the lead role. 

Fugate got up and left when he felt insulted. Some people would do that, most would stick out the interview in my opinion. 

So, ok, what is the point of this article? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.1    4 years ago

The point is to show the level that the media has descended to and at the same time give us all a laugh. You have heard of the healing power of laughter?

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.1.3  1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.1    4 years ago

IMO, it's pretty much "Who's in charge" or "Who can we blame when it all goes down".

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.2    4 years ago

This kind of thing, someone getting up and leaving, was not unheard of before, although the tension of the current situation added to the exchange I'm sure. 

Dont know why you think its funny but maybe you have a unique sense of humor. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  1stwarrior @2.1.3    4 years ago

You would think them might have the current administrator of FEMA on the show? 

Or are they simply looking for critics of the current effort? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.6  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.4    4 years ago
was not unheard of before

Nor is it all that common either. Can't Ms Tur find guests who are currently working on the crisis?  Peter Gaynor would seem to be the man to answer these types of questions. He's had a lot of experience at it and he's making some of these decisions now.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    4 years ago

Vic, if the virus spread is a national issue, then the leadership and requirements for the response must be led by the national government. Why is Florida keeping their beaches open?  Why hasnt every state shot down their bars and restaurants? If we had no free travel between states and every state was its own walled or bordered kingdom a piecemeal state by state response might be ok, but that is not the case. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.1  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @3    4 years ago

So what is your solution? You are quick to criticize; how would you handle this situation?

Do tell so we can have fun tearing it apart.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3    4 years ago

John, here's the way it works: The Federal government protects national borders, sets guidelines and provides materials & medications. Each individual state (under their Governors direction) tailors an approach to the problem which fits their individual needs. Thus Florida made a call based on the unique problem it faced of either letting Spring Break run it's course or having to physically clear beaches, just as CA had to make a tough call on whether to close down the entire state. Governors are supposed to be doing a lot of this work. You seem to think that "big brother" should micromanage the states. That would never work. Each state is different.

Take the masks the two former hacks were discussing. The federal government is not supposed to be out there buying vast amounts of items and then shipping them. The states need to make their own purchases and take on the responsibility of shipping the masks to their own state.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to    4 years ago

That's an excellent example of a Governor having deep convictions about the direction his state should be taking. We about the current Mayor being more a part of the problem rather than a solution.

Please be ever mindful that Trump is off topic.