╌>

It’s not just CNN: Media outlets keep leaving out that the Arizona man died after eating fish tank cleaner

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  the-peoples-fish  •  4 years ago  •  68 comments

It’s not just CNN: Media outlets keep leaving out that the Arizona man died after eating fish tank cleaner

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

It’s not just CNN . Many other media outlets aren’t reporting that the Arizona man didn’t die after ingesting the anti-malaria drug chloroquine. He died after self-medicating himself with a product used to clean fish tanks:

An Arizona man has died and his wife is in critical condition after ingesting an anti-malaria drug in an attempt to treat the novel coronavirus https://t.co/Yqb6Xm7mOF
— The Daily Beast (@thedailybeast) March 23, 2020

An Arizona man has died and his wife is in critical condition after ingesting an anti-malaria drug in an attempt to treat the novel coronavirus https://t.co/Yqb6Xm7mOF — The Daily Beast (@thedailybeast) March 23, 2020

It looks like Axios deleted its tweet that left out the aquarium part, but is it too much to ask in a crisis that they’re accurate?

An Arizona man is died of a heart attack and his wife was hospitalized after the couple ingested a type of chloroquine, a chemical that has been hailed recently by President Trump as a possible "game changer" in the fight against novel coronavirus. https://t.co/ItBLKqac8B — NPR (@NPR) March 24, 2020

The president has touted the use of chloroquine, an anti-malarial drug, in the fight against the pandemic. https://t.co/srfcOwIp1H — Slate (@Slate) March 24, 2020

CNN's John Berman leaves out one tiny detail while reporting on the chloroquine phosphate death in Arizona https://t.co/tXwRvTzVPX — Twitchy Team (@TwitchyTeam) March 24, 2020

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    4 years ago

1. The man is dead because he put faith in Trump. 

2.   As far as him being dead because he was dumb enough to eat fish tank cleaner, see no. 1. 

squiggy
Junior Silent
3.1  squiggy  replied to  JohnRussell @3    4 years ago

"The man's wife told NBC News she'd watched televised briefings..."

No. He's dead because he was stupid.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.2  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @3    4 years ago

TDS is a disease with no cure it seems. Of course those that have wouldn't accept any cure found anyways.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Ronin2 @3.2    4 years ago

What does your comment have to do with anything on this article? 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Release The Kraken @3.2.2    4 years ago

you mean this TDS ? 

Trump's Dumbest Sayings

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Release The Kraken @3.2.2    4 years ago
people could lose their lives based on their misinformation.

My gawd. Which dirty liberal told these two Trump supporters to eat fish tank cleaner? 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.8  JohnRussell  replied to  Release The Kraken @3.2.6    4 years ago

People who want to try the drug can ask their doctors to give it to them, they shouldnt be experimenting on their own. If the drug works under doctor supervision we will all know soon enough. 

There is NOWHERE where a "liberal" tells anyone not to take a drug approved by the persons doctor. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.2.9  Trout Giggles  replied to  Release The Kraken @3.2.6    4 years ago

that makes no sense

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.2.11  Trout Giggles  replied to  Release The Kraken @3.2.10    4 years ago
The dirty liberal told people not to take a drug that may save their lives.

So fish cleaner is now a drug that will save your life?

Never mind. Just not in the mood for fishing today

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.12  JohnRussell  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.2.11    4 years ago

Evidently he thinks that "liberals" are telling people not to take the malaria drug. 

I havent seen that.  I have seen some people on tv say that the drug is not approved. We know this is true because they are currently "testing" it in NY. 

Or do BF and the rest think that if the drug proves useful in treating the virus the "liberals" in the media will cover that fact up?   

Any person sick with the virus is quite free to ask the doctors that treat them if they can get the drug Hydroxychloroquine. What does this have to do with "liberals" ? 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.2.13  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.12    4 years ago

It's just the usual "libruls are stoopid and wanna kill every body" schtick

Same bat time....same bat channel

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.2.14  Ronin2  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.2.11    4 years ago

Trump never told anyone to take fish cleaner!  That is the damn point!

Nor did Trump tell anyone to self medicate; not listen to their doctors; nor anything else that would endanger anyone!

Got it!

After Obama's completely fucked up response to the Swine Flu you would think the left would be a little more forgiving; but no- everything under the sun and stars is still Trump's fault. Funny how the media and the Democrats weren't bitching about the infection rate, hospitalization, or lost lives from Swine Flu.  No quarantines, no travel bans, no anything to stop the spread, or anything that would affect an already weak economy and endanger the Obama Admininstration.

From April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, CDC estimated there were 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (range: 195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (range: 8868-18,306) in the United States due to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus.

H1N1 swine flu has killed as many as 17,000 Americans, including 1,800 children, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported on Friday.

“CDC estimates that between 41 million and 84 million cases of 2009 H1N1 occurred between April 2009 and January 16, 2010,” the agency said in a statement. Usually the CDC goes with a middle number, which it puts at about 57 million people infected.

Between 8,330 and 17,160 people died during that time from H1N1, with a middle range of about 12,000, the CDC said. But between 880 and 1,800 children died, up to 13,000 adults under the age of 65 and only 1,000 to 2,000 elderly.

In a normal flu season, the CDC estimates that 36,000 Americans die of flu, but 90 percent are over the age of 65. The CDC estimates that 200,000 go into the hospital, again mostly frail elderly people with other health conditions.

The swine flu pandemic has affected much younger people.

The CDC estimate shows that between 183,000 and 378,000 people were hospitalized with H1N1 swine flu from April to January.

You would think we would have learned from that outbreak; but 10 years later and it has just turned into a partisan bitch fest. What precautions were put in place? Where is the stockpiling of needed goods and federal, state, and local plans for handling a massive outbreak? 

I know, I know, but Trruuummmmppppp!!!!!!!

Being upset that a couple of Darwin Award winners did something stupid isn't helping anything. Want to be upset about something? Look to Congress, the CDC, State and local governments for not getting anything in place to deal with this. You can throw Obama and Trump on to the tail end of that blame. 

squiggy
Junior Silent
3.2.16  squiggy  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.3    4 years ago

Why bring TDS here? It's a no value comment in RusselWorld.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
3.2.17  arkpdx  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.12    4 years ago

Show me anywhere where anyone said it was safe or recommended to take fish tank cleaner for anything.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
3.2.18  arkpdx  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.8    4 years ago

And no one told anyone to take an unapproved drug on their own without consulting their doctor.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3.2.19  igknorantzrulz  replied to  gooseisgone @3.2.7    4 years ago

Probably the one's who are still trying to figure out how to get a photo ID. 

they couldn't, due to not recalling, as they had no photo graphic memory ,

at least that which they could recall.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
3.2.21  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.12    4 years ago
Evidently he thinks that "liberals" are telling people not to take the malaria drug

sixpick
Professor Quiet
3.4  sixpick  replied to  JohnRussell @3    4 years ago
1. The man is dead because he put faith in Trump.  2.   As far as him being dead because he was dumb enough to eat fish tank cleaner, see no. 1. 

Now, I don't think Trump deserves all the credit.  What about Cuomo?  I mean, he actually said if a person is in dire circumstance, try what you can.  And don't forget MSNBC.  They deserve some credit, tool.  Heck, they put the name of the drug on the TV screen for everyone to read..

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

Isn't it also used for fish ick?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5  Jasper2529    4 years ago

Shifting personal responsibility so you can blame POTUS for YOUR stupidity? Say it isn't so!

Her husband is dead & she's in the ICU after ingesting chloroquine:

"We saw Trump on TV -- every channel -- & all of his buddies and that this was safe," she said.
"Trump kept saying it was basically pretty much a cure."

---------------------------------------

Chloroquine (Oral Route)

Take this medicine exactly as directed by your doctor . Do not take more of it, do not take it more often, and do not take it for a longer time than your doctor ordered. To do so may increase the chance of serious side effects.

When my children were little, everything toxic to them was kept out of their reach ... including fish tank cleaners.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
6  Colour Me Free    4 years ago

Trump made 'me' do it …!?!

It is unfortunate that there are individuals that lack basic education in the world .. yet ignorance knows NO bounds when somehow the president saying there was 'great promise' [not a direct quote] in a drug caused the ingestion of a fungal medication for fish tanks...  sadly utter stupidity is the culprit in this case.  I am thinking the buddies that said 'this was safe' should be charge with some form of manslaughter ...

Unbelievable!

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
6.1  Jasper2529  replied to  Colour Me Free @6    4 years ago
Trump made 'me' do it …!?!

I've been alive during more than 10 presidents' administrations. None of those presidents ever made me do anything, and I never thought that any of them were medical experts.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Jasper2529 @6.1    4 years ago

THAT's because you actually have a brain! You're not the kind of person who's going to read his twitter and then look at your fish tank and go OH! I have corona virus antidote right here.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
6.1.2  Colour Me Free  replied to  Jasper2529 @6.1    4 years ago
None of those presidents ever made me do anything

I hear you Jasper ...

There are people still partying on the beach … so apparently this president is not making anyone do anything either...  The president does say some really stupid things and I shake my head quite often .. but ................................!

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
6.1.3  Jasper2529  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.1.1    4 years ago

Thank you, Trout Giggles. That's the nicest thing you've ever said to me, and I truly appreciate your kind words.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Jasper2529 @6.1.3    4 years ago

don't get used to it

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
6.1.5  Jasper2529  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.1.4    4 years ago
don't get used to it

With 51,542 Americans affected and 677 confirmed dead as of 5PM today, I find it sad that you made such a hostile comment after I thanked you. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.1.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  Jasper2529 @6.1.5    4 years ago

At least it was honest

JumpDrive
Freshman Silent
8  JumpDrive    4 years ago

I looked at the article on CNN, here's the second sentence:

It does not appear they took the pharmaceutical version of the drug, but rather "an additive commonly used at aquariums to clean fish tanks," Banner Health said in a statement.

Maybe you should consider looking at the actual story rather than a Twitter synopsis. Generally, real information is not like Trump tweets in that no one else can put everything they know about anything they know in a tweet.