╌>

Doctors And Nurses Say More People Are Dying Of COVID-19 In The US Than We Know

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  larry-hampton  •  4 years ago  •  125 comments

Doctors And Nurses Say More People Are Dying Of COVID-19 In The US Than We Know
“The numbers are grossly underreported. I know for a fact that we’ve had three deaths in one county where only one is listed on the website,”

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Medical professionals around   the US told BuzzFeed News that the official numbers of people who have died of   COVID-19   are not consistent with the number of deaths they’re seeing on the front lines.

In some cases, it’s a lag in reporting, caused by delays and possible breakdowns in logging   positive tests   and making them public. In other, more troubling, cases, medical experts told BuzzFeed News they think it’s because people are not being tested before or after they die.

In the US, state and county authorities are responsible for collecting data on cases of   COVID-19 , the disease caused by the novel coronavirus, and deaths. The data is then reported to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

In California, one ER doctor who works at multiple hospitals in a hard-hit county told BuzzFeed News, “those medical records aren't being audited by anyone at the state and local level currently and some people aren’t even testing those people who are dead.”

“We just don't know. The numbers are grossly underreported. I know for a fact that we’ve had three deaths in one county where only one is listed on the website,” the doctor said.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
1  seeder  Larry Hampton    4 years ago

A spokesperson for the California Department of Health told BuzzFeed News in an email that “local health jurisdictions are required to report all positive COVID-19 cases to the state. In addition, when a death or impending death from COVID-19 occurs, health care facilities must immediately notify their local health jurisdiction and the state."

They did not immediately address the question of whether they’re confident their death count is accurate given the shortage of testing for COVID-19.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2  Sparty On    4 years ago

But according to some here China is telling the truth.

Hilarious!

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1  JBB  replied to  Sparty On @2    4 years ago

Are you not concerned that your country is lying?

And yes, by "Your Country", I mean Trump & Co...

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  JBB @2.1    4 years ago

Lol .... I trust “my country” before I trust China that’s for sure.    Anyone who doesn’t isn’t dealing with reality very well.

SOP for the the TDS ridden these days.

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
2.1.2  seeder  Larry Hampton  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.1    4 years ago

What a stupId comment. That isn’t what she said , or even implied, at all. 

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.3  JBB  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.1    4 years ago

What about the Trump administration lying to Americans? Doesn't that bother you? Don't we need to know the truth even if it is bad news? Especially if it is bad news?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.4  Sparty On  replied to  JBB @2.1.3    4 years ago

Your definition of lie is much different than many Americans’.    Including mine.    

That said, I don’t like it when ANY politician lies.    And that is an occupational necessity it seems for both sides. So one wonders why you seem to concentrate only on the lies you think Trump is telling.

When is the last time you called a Democrat out on lying?

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.6  CB  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.4    4 years ago

I suspect lying only irritates and grates when it is removes something of value to conservatives. As long as it is a Machiavellian set of lies designed to promote conservative power, influence, and wealth from the conservative president of choice: IT'S ALL GOOD.  No question there, by the way.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.1.7  1stwarrior  replied to  JBB @2.1.3    4 years ago

Doesn't this bother you?

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.8  CB  replied to  1stwarrior @2.1.7    4 years ago

The element missing from your 'logic' is highest potential for taking life. These other acts have choices, activities, or clear social connections which govern their degree of seriousness. Coronavirus is highly contagious, incurable, nominally (negligible) build up societal immunity, unchecked potential to kill a large swath of people indiscriminately. 

Importantly, we know how to classify substances and issues by severity and graveness. While those diseases and situational deaths you point to are astronomical, each of these has 'flattened out' into society. Coronavirus is running 'wild' unchecked.

Stop arguing fake comparisons. BTW, abortions is a legal medical activity for women. I am sure it is included on the list simply for its shock value.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sparty On @2    4 years ago

Go ahead and laugh, Sparty On, but I believe what I've seen with my own eyes and what my good friend, a doctor who works in our local medical university-connected hospital tells me.  However, here are some of the things I've read:

60,000 deaths a month ago in China

The virus was being prepared in a Wuhan lab to release among the Hong Kong protesters and it accidentally was released.

The crematoriums all over China are working 24/7 

Marijuana cures the virus.

The virus was created in China to release in the USA to get even for Trump starting the trade war for the purpose of making  sure China would not become more powerful economically than the USA, the American interference with China's domestic affairs in Hong Kong and about the Uyghurs, and its military provocations in the South China Sea and Taiwan. 

Neither I nor any decent person I know do NOT appreciate Trump blaming China, using terms like China Virus, Wuhan Virus, Kung Flu, and causing xenophobia and racial hatred that is causing harm to Asian Americans, all of whom are innocent.

However, Sparty, I genuinely hope that every NT member, friend or foe, their dear ones and friends, will be safe and remain healthy throughout this awful situation.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.2.1  Sparty On  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.2    4 years ago

Buzz, you tend to take anything remotely negative towards China very personally here and that’s fine.       That said, I don’t believe for one minute we are getting the entire truth from China.    Sounds like you do.    We disagree on that, no big deal AFAIC.   

However, I wasn’t for one second “laughing” at the all pain and turmoil this virus has caused ANYWHERE in the world but I do find the premise that we are getting the entire truth on this from China, to be hard to believe. 

Thus my comment.

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
2.2.2  seeder  Larry Hampton  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.2    4 years ago

You stay well too Buzz. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.2.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sparty On @2.2.1    4 years ago

I have commented already a number of times on a number of articles here that I am fully aware that the Chinese government made a huge mistake in covering up the original warnings about this scourge, and I am also aware that it has disciplined the police and fired the lesser officials who were complicit , besides publishing a "solemn" apology to the family of the original whistleblower doctor who died.  But their coverup was wrong and deadly.  However, I believe that subsequently they have been wide open about the virus, immediately sharing info with scientists and officials around the world, sending equipment and medical staff experienced in fighting this virus to many other countries, sharing by conference internet their experiences with medical staff around the world.

If I am defensive about the Chinese people it is not only because they have been extremely good to me, from common people to the government officials and the police I have dealt with and I just happen to be married to a wonderful Chinese woman. In fact, even before coming to China I had only pleasant relations with the Chinese people I interacted with in Canada.  

And I want to say that until now the only thing about Trump that I liked was the fact that he has been more supportive of Israel than ANY previous President, but now, because his slanders of China have incited xenophobia, hatred and actual attacks on Chinese people in America, I now would prefer to see him fail in November.  JohnR - did you read what I said?  Although I would have preferred to see him replaced by Bloomberg, as long as it isn't Sanders I no longer mind.

CB
Professor Principal
2.2.4  CB  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.2.3    4 years ago
JohnR - did you read what I said?  Although I would have preferred to see him replaced by Bloomberg, as long as it isn't Sanders I no longer mind.

Buzz, I will emphasize this for John Russell to better notice it. It deserves its proper recognition. (Smile.) I have not read any John R. this weekend, nevertheless! I wonder if he is away . . . .

shona1
PhD Quiet
2.2.5  shona1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.2.3    4 years ago

A/noon Buzz..To be honest in all the countries I have traveled through Western, Eastern and Communist (at the time) it is not the average citizen that causes problems or have resentments..It is their Governments..Most people are just busy going about and living their daily lives and don't give a flying fig about Politics..The majourity are warm, welcoming and fascinated why you have come to visit their country. Or in your case live there. I am just waiting to hear what comes out of Russia, gone very quiet...Last count we heard 4 souls lost and about 200 infected...Yeah right.. pull the other leg Putin, it plays Jingle Bells...

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.2.6  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.2    4 years ago

Spit on, yelled at, attacked: Chinese Americans fear for their safety

This is what is making me damned angry.  Let's add it to the fact that Trump bullied Trudeau into making NAFTA concessions that reduced the value of the Canadian dollar therefore reducing the value of my pension income, started a trade war that increased the cost of necessities such as food, etc. in China, costing me MORE money to live, and I'm no longer so sure his Deal of the Century is going to be so good for Israel, so I have more than one reason to be angry.  Besides all that, I have always made it clear that having been born in and lived most of my life in Canada I have always believed in a woman's right to choose about abortion, universal single payer healthcare, restrictive gun control and the ban of capital punishment.  So what the hell?

squiggy
Junior Silent
2.2.7  squiggy  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.2.6    4 years ago

Well, there ya go. "He's not my president."

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
2.2.8  seeder  Larry Hampton  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.2.6    4 years ago

We have two Chinese employees and I have personally made sure to visit with them every single day for the last few weeks. Not because I am an extra good guy or anything, but because you could tell by looking at their faces that they were feeling down. There were folks that were actually walking around them going down the hall or in the break room - sickening. Their appreciation (and fantastic sushi I must admit) was freely and openly given. if there is a good thing that has come outta this for me, it is that I have made a couple of good new friends. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.2.9  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  squiggy @2.2.7    4 years ago

I'm one of the very few members of this site who can honestly say that Trump is not my President, and it is factually correct.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.2.10  Sparty On  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.2.3    4 years ago

Sorry but I see that as over-reactive.   Calling this virus, the China virus, is not xenophobic in the least and saying that it is is just more PC programming imo.

Trump isn’t against China or the Chinese people because of what he called this virus.     He has tried to engage China a great deal since he became POTUS.    Doesn’t sound like a China xenophobe to me.

Like I said, I view your reaction here as more emotional than logical.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.2.11  Sparty On  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.2.6    4 years ago

You are drinking the koolaide Buzz.    

Most Americans are not extreme like this but unlike China they are totally free to be dumbasses like this.    This is the exception not the rule

And make no mistake, Israel has no better friend than Trump.   Biden gets elected and all bets are off for Israel’s more positive support from the USA.

squiggy
Junior Silent
2.2.12  squiggy  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.2.9    4 years ago

I let it go at that. I don't want any knocks on your door because I upset Winnie the Pu.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.2.13  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sparty On @2.2.10    4 years ago

I would venture to say that if Trump previously had a big part of the Chinese vote, he ain't got it now.  Previous to this virus even happening, the director of the WHO asked that country names not be used to describe such epidemics for a damn good reason.

Trump and America has been doing a great job of engaging China - Trade war imposing big tariffs, banning Huwei, interfering in Hong Kong, passing resolutions criticizing Chinese domestic affairs concerning the Uyghurs, publicly blaming China for the virus, military provocations in the South China Sea and Taiwan....REALLY engaging.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.2.14  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sparty On @2.2.11    4 years ago

If I had the vote, I would have voted for Bloomberg over Trump notwithstanding Trump's record concerning Israel.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.15  Trout Giggles  replied to  squiggy @2.2.7    4 years ago

Of course he isn't Buzz's president. Buzz is a Canadian currently living in China. To my knowledge he has never been a US citizen

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.2.16  Sparty On  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.2.13    4 years ago

Wow, that’s some full programming there.   Didn’t see that coming in that extreme.

China’s has little high ground in virtually anything you mentioned but perhaps you have to say that to not be sent to a re-education camp.

That I could understand.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.2.17  Sparty On  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.2.14    4 years ago

That makes some sense since Bloomberg tends to favor totalitarian action like one would see in China.

Me .... I tend to like my liberty so he would never get my vote.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.2.18  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sparty On @2.2.16    4 years ago

I don't have to say anything, but I do obey the laws of the country I'm in. Don't you?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.2.19  Sparty On  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.2.18    4 years ago

Yes but I admit, I do speed sometimes ..... I also support my country when it attempts to hold other countries responsible for illegal, irresponsible or unfair acts & practices.

C’est la vie I suppose.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.2.20  XXJefferson51  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.2.13    4 years ago

There are Chinese here from Hong Kong 🇭🇰 and Taiwan 🇹🇼 who support Trump.  Many who came here to get away from communism or support their adopted country more than the one they moved from and Trump has their votes.  The ones here for other reasons maybe not so much.  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.2.21  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.2.20    4 years ago

I would assume that a person from Hong Kong or Taiwan most likely has no love for the PRC, and since Trump and your government have provoked the PRC then of course they support him.  No surprise there. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.2.22  bugsy  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.2.21    4 years ago

I'm starting to wonder if this is really Buzz posting or maybe a member of the PRC using his screen name.

Something doesn't seem right.

CB
Professor Principal
2.2.26  CB  replied to  bugsy @2.2.22    4 years ago

Well, I sometimes wonder who is 'reporting' from your account, but safe to say, it is not anything I have a capacity to gainsay. So, I just continue to assume you is you.

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.2.27  bugsy  replied to  CB @2.2.26    4 years ago
you is you

Yes, I IS me

But no doubt...you is you

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.3  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sparty On @2    4 years ago

China is complicit in it being as bad now as it is.  Hong Kong and Australian media are on to them regarding the delays and deceptions and how they virtually controlled the WHO in the beginning of this crisis.  Taiwan was on to it being spread human to human long before the rest of the world knew and the WHO ignored and repressed the info under pressure from China.  The Hong Kong media interviewed a Canadian near the top of the WHO and the WHO official denied hearing the question and then ended the interview when asked to talk about Taiwan’s role in trying to expose the danger.  He said he already talked about China.  Taiwan deserves independence for their role in trying to tell the world what was happening.  Trump fought the Chinese propaganda campaign that The US Army planted the virus in Wuhan by calling it the China virus until China quit saying we started all this.  Trump and Zi still get along so trade issues will likely be resolved after this is over.  The one bright spot in this is Israel 🇮🇱 which through Teva is donating 10 million doses of the anti malaria drug to the USA 🇺🇸 for which we are indeed grateful 

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
2.3.1  seeder  Larry Hampton  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.3    4 years ago

You wanna talk about propaganda? Rumps daily coronavirus pressers are a platform for him to attack his critics and disseminate lies. He is an inoculum of deception.

China’s complicity is already been acknowledged and discussed at length here. Too bad not everyone has the cajones and moral fortitude to be honest about their own government. 

I wanna personally thank Buzz for filling in knowledge gaps, and his valued participation on our site. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.3.3  XXJefferson51  replied to  Larry Hampton @2.3.1    4 years ago

Some Americans prefer to drink Chinese propaganda kool aid than trust their own elected and politically accountable to us government.  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.3.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.3    4 years ago

That's the first I heard that Taiwan had anything to say.  Needless to say, Taiwan feels no different about China than you do.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
2.3.5  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Larry Hampton @2.3.1    4 years ago
China’s complicity is already been acknowledged and discussed at length here.

that conversation will not be over anytime soon.

after the lives and economic damages have been tallied around the world countries will be demanding china settles that debt

UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson's government is said to be furious over China's handling of the novel coronavirus, with one British official quoted on Sunday saying Beijing would face a "reckoning" once the COVID-19 crisis was over.

china owns this one lock stock and barrel.

1. every infection,
  2. every death,
  3. every shortage of medical supplies
  4. the economic damage caused

they own it all. but, they have to pay for it.

I truly hope the world makes those communists pay tenfold and then some.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.3.6  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Larry Hampton @2.3.1    4 years ago

Thank you Larry.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.3.7  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @2.3.5    4 years ago

LOL.. Good luck with that.  The rest of the world would have as much luck with that as Japan would have suing America for the loss of life and limb and damage caused by the Hiroshima and Nagasaki overkill, or the loyal American Japanese who were locked into internment camps would have.  Oh yes, the internment camps, something like the Uyghurs re-education camps, eh?  POT - KETTLE. 

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
2.3.8  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.3.7    4 years ago
suing

as in take them to court? surely you jest... LOL  

if they decide to, govts can seize all of china's overseas assets and implement a worldwide economic blockade until china is so broke the chinese people overthrow the commie bastards.   

so, luckily for china,  I have no say in the matter.   I truly hate communists. no joke.

however, trumps policies can be old school like that also, so it would not surprise me a bit.

maybe a 2nd term activity?   only time will tell.

regardless, countries now see the problem with dependence on overseas manufacturing.

chnia's GDP will be heading south. at the same speed countries bring their manufacturing home.

countries will be forced to kiss their ass while manufacturing moves away from china but long term, their future ain't as bright as their past.

funny thing about communism, it is only fun while the money comes in. when the money stops? the fun stops.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.3.9  XXJefferson51  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.3.4    4 years ago

Taiwan has lots to say.  Well I have in-laws from Hong Kong and Taiwan and that does inform my my opinion and I’ve supported The Republic of China since before our misguided one China policy.  

JBB
Professor Principal
3  JBB    4 years ago

Would the Trump Administration lie to US? Yea...

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.1  bugsy  replied to  JBB @3    4 years ago

Of course they would. They are politicians, but I don't think they will lie about something as serious as deaths. Too much local media to counter different claims of the feds. Besides, there are far too many outlets that hate Trump so much, if anything, they would exaggerate death numbers to make him look bad.

Buzzfeed is probably one of them.

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.1  CB  replied to  bugsy @3.1    4 years ago

That reply is incoherent. It says the administration (government) will lie; they won't lie about this, but probably new organizations would lie too.

(Everybody is lying according to your statement and If that is so no one is telling the truth.)

Who will you trust?

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.1.2  bugsy  replied to  CB @3.1.1    4 years ago
That reply is incoherent.

Only to the incoherent.

Those who believe China and their numbers are the same that believed "you can keep your plan, you can keep your doctor".

Buzzfeed is a known organization to lie about the president with no facts to back anything up. Does the Steele Dossier come to mind? They were the first to publish it and Trump is still your president 3 years later.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3.1.3  Thrawn 31  replied to  bugsy @3.1    4 years ago
but I don't think they will lie about something as serious as deaths....

Seriously? Have you not heard a single word come out of fat fuck's mouth? 

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.1.4  bugsy  replied to  Thrawn 31 @3.1.3    4 years ago
Have you not heard a single word come out of fat fuck's mouth? 

We know you hate this president because his name is not Hillary, but what has he lied about concerning the deaths by this virus?

Be specific with your response. Oh, yea..."I don't like him" don't count.

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.5  CB  replied to  bugsy @3.1.2    4 years ago

The @3 question: "Would the Trump Administration lie to US? Yea..."

Now, your comment is inconsistent. I am sorry, but that is grossly off-topic.

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.8  CB  replied to    4 years ago

Who will you trust?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.9  XXJefferson51  replied to  CB @3.1.8    4 years ago

I trust Trump regarding this crisis and our handling of all aspects of it.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.10  XXJefferson51  replied to  CB @3.1.1    4 years ago

The bottom line will be that we trust our accountable elected government on the issue or we trust that which comes out of China controlled by that regime.  There is no middle ground.  That is the choice all Americans must make

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
3.1.11  seeder  Larry Hampton  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.10    4 years ago

Interesting that you think there is no middle ground.  Do you think it’s not possible that we distrust either government to be completely truthful?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.12  XXJefferson51  replied to  Larry Hampton @3.1.11    4 years ago

Well as I seeded today, the U.K. got into the discussion and they are furious with China 🇨🇳 over the pandemic they caused and fanned the flames 🔥 of by their actions.  The U.K. prime minister himself afflicted by covid-19 says science shows China cases are 15-40x greater than they are admitting to.  He accused China of being a Predator nation and sides with America against China.  The Israeli media I read is saying much the same about China not being a reliable trading partner for the rest of the world.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.13  Sparty On  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.12    4 years ago

You know, common sense would support that.    Their population is four times ours.    Much of it based in densely populated cities.    Prime breeding ground for corona virus transmission.

It is very reasonable in that sense to wonder why their cases are less than ours.    But then again I don’t have a bone to pick with our current government like many here.    For that matter I don’t really have a bone to pick with China either.    It just doesn’t make any sense unless there is something they aren’t sharing that curbed their transmission rates

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.15  CB  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.10    4 years ago

You're one to talk about "middle ground" Oh, partisan one. I see you, DJTF#1. Yes, you are fully exposed for all to see. 24

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.16  CB  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.12    4 years ago

And yet the United States will continue to trade with China out of necessity and efficiency. Just provides you a window into why our nation does not need an authoritarian leader or a life-time appointed leader to be loyal citizens morally or duty-bound to. When dumb stuff happens s/he needs to be handed walking papers.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.1.17  Ronin2  replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @3.1.14    4 years ago

I don't think China purposely exported it; but I think they knew their containment in Wuhan was way too little way too late; and new that the virus had spread to the rest of China and outside the country. I think they purposely misreported on it to minimize the damage from the aftermath once it become a pandemic.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
4  Nerm_L    4 years ago

Data lag is a known problem.  While it's quite likely the reported number of infections and fatalities are lagging that also means the reported number of recoveries are lagging, too. 

The biggest unknown at this point is how many people have developed immunity.  As herd immunity increases, the spread of infection slows.  Natural immunity works the same way as vaccination to slow spread of disease. 

The lack of treatment regimes also means that those experiencing severe symptoms are occupying hospital beds longer.  It's not only the number of cases that overwhelms hospitals; the duration of hospital care that is required also adversely impacts capacity.  

So, we are dealing with two problems: immunity (which will correct itself over time) and treatment of severe symptoms (which exacerbates limited capacity).  Which of the two problems need more immediate attention?

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
4.1  seeder  Larry Hampton  replied to  Nerm_L @4    4 years ago

I would add a third problem: folks who have recovered can be reinfected. 

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
4.1.1  Nerm_L  replied to  Larry Hampton @4.1    4 years ago
I would add a third problem: folks who have recovered can be reinfected. 

If people do not develop immunity then a vaccine won't work for those people.  That scenario would increase the need for treatment options.

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.2  CB  replied to  Larry Hampton @4.1    4 years ago

Hi Larry, is reinfection possible across the board? That is, can a person be reinfected with the same 'strain' of coronavirus?

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
4.1.4  seeder  Larry Hampton  replied to  CB @4.1.2    4 years ago

There are questions surrounding this.  The most glaring being, how accurate is the testing? Folks in Wuhan who recovered and then tested negative, we’re tested again later and were positive. 
It’s a mystery CB. 

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
4.1.5  seeder  Larry Hampton  replied to    4 years ago

It is a fact. 

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.6  CB  replied to  Larry Hampton @4.1.4    4 years ago

Taking time to send it: Big Ups to The Big Apple! Hanging on to every word spoken word about this virus out here in 'La-La-'dise'! (Smile!)

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
4.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  Nerm_L @4    4 years ago

They go hand in hand. Not only can our hospitals being overwhelmed increase the coronavirus deaths, but deaths due to other things simply because we don't have the resources. Additionally, we don't know if humans are building an immunity.

bugsy
Professor Participates
5  bugsy    4 years ago

"who spoke with BuzzFeed News on the condition of not being named out of fear of repercussions"

In Buzzfeed speak "we're making this shit up to make Trump look bad, just like we tried to do with the Steele Dossier".

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
5.1  seeder  Larry Hampton  replied to  bugsy @5    4 years ago

Since you seem to be an expert, then prove they are lying about this. 

squiggy
Junior Silent
5.1.1  squiggy  replied to  Larry Hampton @5.1    4 years ago

The BuzzFeeder needs proof. That's rich.

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1.2  bugsy  replied to  Larry Hampton @5.1    4 years ago

Never claimed to be an expert, so you can stop projecting

My "proof" is that Buzzfeed has been proven to publish fake news about the president more than once, so it is only natural for intelligent people to come to the conclusion that they will continue to do it.

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
5.1.3  seeder  Larry Hampton  replied to  bugsy @5.1.2    4 years ago

So it should be an easy thing to prove this story is fabricated by them. So, prove it. 

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
5.2  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  bugsy @5    4 years ago
"we're making this shit up

anonymous unnamed sources = complete and utter bullschit

simple.

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
5.2.1  seeder  Larry Hampton  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @5.2    4 years ago

You will notice that when coronavirus death totals are given, it includes the language “reported deaths”. There is a reason for that. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.2.2  Ronin2  replied to  Larry Hampton @5.2.1    4 years ago

The reason being is that they are not sure if all of the deaths are from the virus or not. Michigan just adjusted their death total down from 80 to 62. How the hell does that happen unless they are recording any death they think might be remotely related to the virus, jumping the gun, figuring they can always correct it later. Doing so increases the totals- accomplishing the governor's goal of trying to blame Trump.  Of course by crying wolf she is damaging her credibility and Michigan's chances of getting future supplies from the FED.

CB
Professor Principal
5.2.3  CB  replied to  Ronin2 @5.2.2    4 years ago

Some of "us" see conspiracies everywhere. There is a conspiracy theory (no evidence for its validity) roiling around in the Black community that the Coronavirus is fake, caused by the new 5G network, and when a vaccine is created to not take it. What radiation poisoning has to do with a future vaccine is beyond me.

People, y'all need to get some critical thinking, rein these so-called, "advanced theories" in, and settle in to trust what truth you find! The government does cover-up a great many things with its narratives, but critically, there are many people exposing and laying narratives bare and facts open to the naked eye for all to see and inspect.

When you determine what is real-go with that. Don't just dispute a matter for ignorance-sake!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.2.4  Sparty On  replied to  CB @5.2.3    4 years ago
Some of "us" see conspiracies everywhere.

So true.    

The Democrat party.    King of the conspiracy theory since Trumps election.

CB
Professor Principal
5.2.5  CB  replied to  Sparty On @5.2.4    4 years ago

Some of us need more vertical growth and development and less horizontal growth and development. Do you agree, Sparty On?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.2.6  Sparty On  replied to  CB @5.2.5    4 years ago

And some need to adjust the antennae on their tin foil hats.

Pelosi, Schumer, Schiff, Ocasio-Cortez and Nadler are names that come to mind immediately for badly needed foil adjustments.

CB
Professor Principal
5.2.7  CB  replied to  Sparty On @5.2.6    4 years ago

You're talking pass me yet again. No matter.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.2.8  Sparty On  replied to  CB @5.2.7    4 years ago

Lol .... I’m talking past you?     Care to explain what marketing strategies have to with the topic at hand?

CB
Professor Principal
5.2.9  CB  replied to  Sparty On @5.2.8    4 years ago

You're not serious. Moving on.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.2.10  Sparty On  replied to  CB @5.2.9    4 years ago

Fair enough, run away.

CB
Professor Principal
5.2.11  CB  replied to  Sparty On @5.2.10    4 years ago

Clutch that thought near and dear to your chest during this dire period. When you take a break from spinning, deflecting, and sending up flares focusing minds away from Trump and the republicans who are creating as many or more problems than they fix—reach out to me. Or, maybe I will bump into a comment of yours voluntarily (liberty being a highly valued thing in a conservative worldview after all) I am sure you won't mind.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.2.12  Sparty On  replied to  CB @5.2.11    4 years ago

Great googlie mooglies .... I’m sure you really do believe all of that ....... great googlie mooglies!!!

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
6  Thrawn 31    4 years ago

Of course because we haven't been testing worth a shit. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7  Tacos!    4 years ago
I know for a fact that we’ve had three deaths in one county where only one is listed on the website

This sounds like bullshit to me. What would be the point? If you're willing to report 1 death (and why wouldn't you be?) why would you be unwilling to report 3?

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
7.1  seeder  Larry Hampton  replied to  Tacos! @7    4 years ago

If you actually read the article, you would learn that those questions are answered. 

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
7.1.1  seeder  Larry Hampton  replied to  Larry Hampton @7.1    4 years ago

It amazes me that people comment on articles all the time that they haven’t even read.

Crazy! 
What good is merely skimming the headline?

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
7.1.2  Raven Wing  replied to  Larry Hampton @7.1.1    4 years ago
It amazes me that people comment on articles all the time that they haven’t even read.

That should tell you that they are only here to troll, attack and create a hostile environment with others in order to try and make the site look bad and uninviting.

If they were really here to engage in productive discussions they would take the time to read the articles/seeds and share their own experience, or to learn from others.

However, that obviously not being the case, it behooves others not to engage with them and give them a platform to continue to spew their garbage. Ignoring them is what they hate more than anything, and once they lose their platform they will move on.

Unfortunately for the site, and for other members who might otherwise participate, there are those who simply can't stand the idea to ignore them, thinking they can somehow change their thinking if they argue with them long enough, even though they really know that is not going to happen, as the trolls and such don't care about their own integrity, or learning anything, as long as they can have a good laugh at those who think their methods will work, and making the site look bad.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7.1.3  Tacos!  replied to  Larry Hampton @7.1    4 years ago
If you actually read the article

Yeah, but I don't always have time for that.

It amazes me that people comment on articles all the time that they haven’t even read. Crazy! 
What good is merely skimming the headline?

But how can you blame me? What is the point of things like headlines or quotes if you don't want me to react to that specifically? Your criticism seems, therefore, hypocritical.

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
7.1.4  seeder  Larry Hampton  replied to  Tacos! @7.1.3    4 years ago

Dude if you ain’t “got the time” to read the article then you don’t reap the rewards of the included info. Just think how much time it would save you asking questions, that you have answers to right in front of you. 

jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.1.5  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Raven Wing @7.1.2    4 years ago

Hear, hear!!!

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7.1.6  Tacos!  replied to  Larry Hampton @7.1.4    4 years ago

Sometimes I can't always do what I want to do. 

I bet it would have taken a lot less time and effort to just give me a quick, informative response, though. Sorry if I ruined your seed.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
7.2  katrix  replied to  Tacos! @7    4 years ago

Good question.. I read an article today which explained that. I'll try to find it.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7.2.1  Tacos!  replied to  katrix @7.2    4 years ago

Thanks! You're a peach!

It Is ME
Masters Guide
8  It Is ME    4 years ago

" We just don't know. The numbers are grossly underreported."

A bit of an "Oxymoron" !

"In California, one ER doctor who works at multiple hospitals in a hard-hit county told BuzzFeed News, “those medical records aren't being audited by anyone at the state and local level currently and some people aren’t even testing those people who are dead .”

I don't think....."THE DEAD" are a "Priority"..... right now. jrSmiley_103_smiley_image.jpg