@laurenduca

·

7m

This is not a fucking press briefing.

Quote Tweet

aGIAz8Qe_normal.jpg

Aaron Rupar

@atrupar · 1h

The My Pillow guy Mike Lindell says this: "God gave us grace on November 8, 2016, to change the course we were on. God had been taken out of our schools & lives, a nation had turned its back on God. I encourage you to use this time at home to get back in the word. Read our Bible"

-

video at link

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago

There are limited occasions for these fundies to suck up to Trump in front of a nationwide audience.  

This guy coupled his announcement that his online pillow company is going to make 50,000 virus masks a day with a wallowing in it praise of Trump and a Bible reading advertisement. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago
Tom Nichols
@RadioFreeTom
·
33m
Imagine if during a national emergency Obama brought up one of his cultiest boosters and thanked him for his contribution to the national effort. And then then guy thanks Jeebus for Obama. The same people honking at me about Mike Lindell would be apoplectic with vein-popping rage.
-
Millions of people are doing their duty in a difficult time without being asked to give a Trump campaign speech in the Rose Garden and then telling us we need God back in the schools. It's supposed to be a briefing during a national emergency, not a creepy Trumper rally.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.2  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

And you want to take time and energy to hate him for it instead of praising him? Boosting Trump bothers you so much you can't just be happy about a guy working to save lives? For real?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @1.2    4 years ago

The corona virus briefings are not the time or place for praising Trump.  Its ridiculous. 

If you want to kiss Trumps ass, go ahead, but not at a venue discussing a national crisis. 

I have no idea why what I am saying should be difficult to understand. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.2.2  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.1    4 years ago
The corona virus briefings are not the time or place for praising Trump.

It's not fucking cotillion or a wedding or something. There are no rules against simple praise or thanks. Lighten up.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
2  Nerm_L    4 years ago

What is it about safe, cloistered little lives that grants the privilege of a holier-than-thou attitude?

Mike Lindell was addicted to cocaine, crack, and alcohol.  Lindell lost everything to the beast.  If God is the last, desperate lifeline then go all in; there isn't anything else to lose.  Many fail.  Some persevere.  And if God defeats the beast, then praise God.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Nerm_L @2    4 years ago

I wouldnt have minded a brief something like "God help us in this time of need". That would have been fine with me.  He went farther than that, and said, rather plainly, that God gave us Donald Trump.  Totally inappropriate in this situation, totally. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.1    4 years ago

[Deleted]

Its not a campaign rally. Its a briefing to be informative about the national crisis. 

No, its not appropriate for a religious proselytizer to stand in front of millions of people and say God gave us Trump.  I dont care if it is "his opinion". 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.2    4 years ago

You know you do have the choice to go do something else right?  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.2  Sparty On  replied to  Nerm_L @2    4 years ago

Lol when he said that I knew some on NT would get all spooled up on it.    How dare him have faith after all.    Wait till the Atheists show up ...

Oh the humanity!!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago

This is a littler bit off topic but I thought it was apropos of the whole situation today. 

hasanabi
@hasanthehun
· 1h
trump just mentioned the pop of seoul claiming it was 38 million people. the pop of greater seoul metro area is 25 million. he most likely read the altitude on google and thought it was the population.
(Trump told his tv audience today that the population of Seoul South Korea is 38 million. )
The   Seoul Capital Area is the metropolitan area of   Seoul ,   Incheon , and   Gyeonggi-do   located in north-west   South Korea . It has a  population  of 25 million 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @3    4 years ago

Yeah but I bet he knows how many states there are ......

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.1.1  Split Personality  replied to  Sparty On @3.1    4 years ago

Well there are 55 Governors, so, for some people it gets confusing, lol.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4  bbl-1    4 years ago

I bought one of Lindell's pillows last year.  It was costly and does not deliver.  Used it for a week, gave it to the cat and replaced it with a $10 one from Walmart.  Should have been tipped off when the huckster Lindell in his advertisements always had his 'cross' conspicuously displayed.  

Can't understand the christian need for the Trump.  Fetus and gays, huh?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  bbl-1 @4    4 years ago

Isnt that pillow like 30 bucks? 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.3  Tacos!  replied to  bbl-1 @4    4 years ago

I know people who have it and swear by it. YMMV

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago

This moderation is ridiculous.