╌>

Trump erupts at campaign manager as reelection stress overflows

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  larry-hampton  •  4 years ago  •  16 comments

Trump erupts at campaign manager as reelection stress overflows
Trump berated Parscale for a recent spate of damaging poll numbers, even at one point threatening to sue Parscale

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

As he huddled with advisers on Friday evening,   President Donald Trump   was still fuming over his sliding poll numbers and the onslaught of criticism he was facing for   suggesting a day earlier that ingesting disinfectant might prove effective against coronavirus .

Within moments, the President was shouting -- not at the aides in the room, but into the phone -- at his   campaign manager Brad Parscale , three people familiar with the matter told CNN. Shifting the blame away from himself, Trump berated Parscale for a recent spate of damaging poll numbers, even at one point threatening to sue Parscale. It's not clear how serious the President's threat of a lawsuit was.

Trump defended Parscale in a tweet on Thursday, writing, "Actually, he is doing a great job. I never shouted at him (been with me for years, including the 2016 win), & have no intention to do so."

The White House did not immediately respond to a CNN request for comment, and the Trump campaign declined to comment.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
1  seeder  Larry Hampton    4 years ago
Faced with an increasingly uphill battle for  reelection  and aides trying to steer him in new, sometimes conflicting directions, Trump has grown increasingly unnerved in the last week about his reelection prospects. Lashing out at Parscale was just the most recent manifestation of that anxiety.
"He's p*ssed because he knows he messed up in those briefings," one Republican close to the White House said of Trump lashing out.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2  Trout Giggles    4 years ago

He can't face responsibility for the shit that comes out of his mouth so his first reaction is to scream at somebody.

Can you really sue an employee for a job that you think they screwed up? Why not just fire him?

Krishna
Professor Expert
3  Krishna    4 years ago

Its been obvious for some time now that "Dear Leader" is mentally unstable... jrSmiley_5_smiley_image.png

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

He is thinking of suing a guy because he is a total disaster as a POTUS?  Oh yeah, the last of his cheese has slipped off of his cracker.  All of the people Trump has thrown under the bus should collaborate on a tell all book.  It could be called Donnie Dearest.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
5  bbl-1    4 years ago

Trump 'erupts' a lot.  Now, he can no longer take the elevator to the limousine to the airplane and fly to another 'in hock' Trump property and ignore the mess he left.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
6  bbl-1    4 years ago

This too.  Rumor has it that Parscale is making 'really great bank' through the Trump fundraising mechanisms. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
7  It Is ME    4 years ago

"three people familiar with the matter told CNN"

Well ……. four people familiar with media reporting antics, told me that it's not true (Names withheld to protect the innocent). jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif