╌>

Leaked Western intel dossier reveals how China deceived the world about coronavirus

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  texan1211  •  4 years ago  •  144 comments

By:   Nick Givas (MSN)

Leaked Western intel dossier reveals how China deceived the world about coronavirus
A new research dossier claims China intentionally hid or destroyed evidence regarding the novel coronavirus outbreak, and costs tens of thousands of lives in the process.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

© Provided by FOX News White House launches renewed effort to pin the blame for the pandemic on China and combat Chinese claims that the virus originated in the U.S.; chief White House correspondent John Roberts reports.

A research dossier compiled by the so-called "Five Eyes" intelligence alliance states that China intentionally hid or destroyed evidence of the coronavirus outbreak, resulting in the loss of tens of thousands of lives around the world

The 15-page document from the intelligence agencies of the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Australia and New Zealand, was obtained by Australia's Daily Telegraph newspaper and states that China's secrecy amounted to an "assault on international transparency."

TIMELINE OF CHINA'S POSSIBLE CORONAVIRUS COVER-UP

The dossier touches on themes that have been discussed in media reports about the outbreak of the virus, including initial denial that the virus could be transmitted between humans, the silencing or "disappearing" of doctors who tried to speak up, the destruction of evidence in laboratories and refusal to provide live samples to intenational scientists working on a vaccine.

Specifically, the file notes that China began censoring news of the virus on search engines beginning Dec. 31, deleting terms including "SARS variation, "Wuhan Seafood market" and "Wuhan Unknown Pneumonia."

Three days later, on Jan. 3, China's National Health Commission, ordered virus samples to be either moved to designated testing facilities or destroyed, while simultaneously enforcing a "no-publication order" related to the disease.

Perhaps most damningly, the dossier states that Chinese authorities denied that the virus could be spread between humans until Jan. 20, "despite evidence of human-human transmission from early December."

The dossier is similarly unsparing about the World Health Organization (WHO), stating that it toed the Chinese line about human-to-human transmission despite the fact that"officials in Taiwan raised concerns as early as December 31, as did experts in Hong Kong on January 4."

As of Friday night, the WHO's official Twitter account still featured a tweet from Jan. 14 that stated: "Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in #Wuhan, #China."

At the same time, the dossier states that throughout February, "Beijing [pressed] the US [sic], Italy, India, Australia, Southeast Asian neighbours and others not to protect themselves via travel restrictions, even as [China] imposes severe restrictions at home."

At the same time, the file states: "Millions of people [left] Wuhan after the outbreak and before Beijing lock[ed] down the city on January 23."

The dossier continues the litany of Chinese defensiveness, stating: "As EU [European Union] diplomats prepare a report on the pandemic, [China] successfully presses Brussels to strike language on [China] disinformation."

Similarly, "As Australia calls for an independent inquiry into the pandemic, [China] threatens to cut off trade with Australia. [China] has likewise responded furiously to US [sic] calls for transparency."

WHO HAUNTED BY JANUARY TWEET SAYING CHINA FOUND NO HUMAN TRANSMISSION OF CORONAVIRUS

The Telegraph report does present one point of divergence between the allied governments, with Australia believing the virus most likely originated in the Wuhan wet market and putting the chances it accidentally leaked from a lab at "5 percent."

By contrast, Fox News reported April 15 that U.S. intelligence officials are increasingly confident that coronavirus likely originated in a Wuhan lab as a consequence of China's attempt to demonstrate that its efforts to identify and combat viruses are equal to or greater than the capabilities of the United States

President Trump said Thursday that he's seen evidence suggesting the virus came from a lab after Fox News and others asked if he knew of anything that gave him confidence that the outbreak originated in the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

"Yes, I have," he replied, "And, I think that the World Health Organization should be ashamed of themselves because they're like the public relations agency for China."

Multiple sources previously told Fox News that it is believed standards in Wuhan were disregarded before the virus leaked, prompting Beijing to initiate a cover-up. Sources also claimed the WHO was complicit from the beginning in helping China cover its tracks.

The WHO and China have denied any wrongdoing.

The Telegraph also reported that key figures at the Wuhan Institute of Virology previously worked or trained in Australian government labs where they conducted research on pathogens in live bats as part of an ongoing partnership with the Chinese Academy of Sciences.

According to the dossier, the team's work at the Wuhan lab involved discovering samples of coronavirus within a cave in Yunnan province and synthesizing a bat-derived coronavirus that could not be cured.

Fox News' Bret Baier and Louis Casiano contributed to this report

Read More Microsoft may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through recommended links in this article.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Texan1211    4 years ago

Raise your hands if you still trust China!

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.1  cjcold  replied to  Texan1211 @1    4 years ago

[Deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  cjcold @1.1    4 years ago
Stick your thumbs in your ass if you still trust Fox.

Reading comprehension is a wondrous thing.

"The 15-page document from the intelligence agencies of the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Australia and New Zealand, was obtained by Australia's Daily Telegraph newspaper and states that China's secrecy amounted to an "assault on international transparency."

Fox hate is a typical diversion tactic by some who won't ever admit the truth.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.1    4 years ago

Australia and the UK are just as hard on China as we have been.  I seeded a Canadian media just as hard on China as well.  New Zealand also like Australia locked down on China and kept their cases to a minimum.  China and those in its government have to accept that they are not dealing against just America but all five countries united speaking as one against them.  They can’t just single out America as their only enemy in their attempt to lie, cheat, and steal their way out of blame for what they alone did.  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.1    4 years ago

"...the so-called "Five Eyes" intelligence alliance..."

8OfhttW1Pt-6.png

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.2    4 years ago
"New Zealand also like Australia locked down on China and kept their cases to a minimum."

How is it that New Zealand and Australia were smart enough to do whatever was necessary to contain the virus successfully but the "superior" American intelligence agencies either didn't have a clue, or else TOLD Trump, who simply ignored their warnings, leading to an entirely different result fot the USA?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.5  XXJefferson51  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.3    4 years ago

You going to bash the entire English speaking democracies world now?  Australia, New Zealand, Canada, the U.K., and the USA are all united as capitalist free market democracies with the franchise and free speech and individual liberties against the People’s Republic of China and its communist party.  It’s not a Chins vs America issue.  It’s a China vs the free world issue.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.6  XXJefferson51  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.4    4 years ago

Feel free to try to split off America from the other four but it’s not going to work.  All the countries that value individual rights, freedom of expression, freedom of religion, the right to vote, in economic free markets and capitalism are all united as one against the communist party of China on the whole matter of the China virus and its causes and aftermath.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.8  XXJefferson51  replied to  dennis smith @1.1.7    4 years ago

Exactly!  Especially since the other means being critical of everything one was before the move.  

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
1.1.9  Drakkonis  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.4    4 years ago

Since the news media is so difficult to trust these days I have no idea whether this story is true or not. That said, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if it is true. This is exactly what I would expect of the government of China. Considering your response here, I'm beginning to think you're not a real person, but instead a Chinese government employed troll. I can think of no other explanation for what you wrote here rather than address the issues presented by the article. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.10  XXJefferson51  replied to  Drakkonis @1.1.9    4 years ago

He’s real.  It’s sad though that he seems to have turned against everything that was his earlier life.  

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
1.1.11  Thrawn 31  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.4    4 years ago

A toddler runs our government,m what do you expect?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.12  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.10    4 years ago

Turned against everything that was my earlier life?  I've not turned against Canada, universal single-payer healthcare, banning capital punishment, women's free abortion choice, strict gun controls, despising racists, the support of Israel, loving my two successful children, and I'm happy with my life even though I possess nothing now, after having owned two homes and a half share of a Florida golf condo, two cars and a boat, valuable paintings, valuable vintage musical instruments, investments, being a prominent and respected senior partner of a law firm, and now the best thing I have is a camera, a computer, a wife I love and whose only desire is to take good care of me, and personal freedom to the farthest extent that I need to make me a very happy person, living among people who consider the collective health and welfare of all more important than personal benefits (and the result of that has now been proven).   And what do you have except a nagging hatred of a country that won't let your "brothers" proselytise or advertise their superiority over any others, one that experiences no gun deaths, one with 5000 years of history and a population who don't waste their time arguing over politics......I could go on but why bother.  I'm tired of indicating my anger for the silencing and delays and mistakes made by the govenment here, to only be accused day after day by a bunch of assholes here that I'm nothing more than a commie apologist (and now not even a real person, but a government-paid troll), so to hell with it. They're not worth even responding to. Those of you who see fit to continue to attack me, I hope you survive what you believe is a weapon created and sent by China to overtake your country's exalted number 1 position.  Next thing I expect to read is that Chinese-Americans are going to be murdered by those who listen to and are influenced by your "golden calf" leader's accusations - just like those idiots who ingested bleach or lysol.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.13  XXJefferson51  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.12    4 years ago

You realize that Canada 🇨🇦 along with the UK 🇬🇧 and Australia 🇦🇺 and New Zealand 🇳🇿 all stand with the USA 🇺🇸 regarding China, the virus, and the actions of the communist party there. No one here begrudges you your life there and very few call you a communist or a sympathetic person to them.  You made the choice to live in that society and adapted to it. Most of us here could never do that and we know it.  Your host country as you admit mishandled the initial outbreak and tried to lie/cover up.  They also started the propaganda war by telling the world that our soldiers brought it there and spread it at a military sharing event of some sort.  Trump responded in kind with the China flu until China 🇨🇳 stopped that lie.  When they did Trump stopped as well yet you are still bitter that Trump stood toe to toe with Zi and refused to back down until China stopped.  Trump for unknown reasons still likes Zi Personally and wants to do business with him after this is all sorted out.  Yet you are all in on hating our President.  Why?  There is virtually no hostility here toward Asian Americans or Chinese Americans specifically except among a tiny lunatic fringe.  No boycott of Chinese food or restaurants open for carry out.  You realize that many Chinese Americans live in our largest cities which are anything but MAGA country.  You are aware from past posts that I have Chinese and Hong Kong in laws and part Chinese young ones as a result related to me and I haven’t heard anything negative along those lines from them.  Please stop taking personally our anger at your nation’s communist party for what they have done to the world and accept that none of this anger is directed at the people of China who are powerless in this situation.  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.14  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.13    4 years ago

Thank you for your opinion.  You made a comment saying I've turned against everything in my former life and I answered it.  You're not among the ones who have labelled me, the ones who are most likely just following O'Donnell's guidelines.  But I'm sick and tired of having to correct their misconceptions over and over again.  Didn't Einstein say something about people who cannot absorb the same thing being told to them over and over again?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.15  XXJefferson51  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.14    4 years ago

O’Donnell’s guidelines are ridiculous and anti Trump. He wants people to attack China instead of defending Trump during the campaign. That is stupid.  I’m going to defend Trump first and let him do our dealing with China as I trust Trump’s instincts more than O’Donnell or Biden.  

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.16  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.4    4 years ago

Trump, who simply ignored their warnings

Bingo.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.2  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @1    4 years ago

Raise your hands if you still trust China!

trump-hand-up.jpg?time=1587382266

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  Tessylo    4 years ago

Hows about how this 'president' didn't tell us ANYTHING about CO-VID 19?  Despite many, many warnings?  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @2    4 years ago

If you think your President told us nothing about Covid-19, you must have been far, far off-grid for the last 4 plus months.

Welcome back, you have lots to catch up on!

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1    4 years ago
If you think your President told us nothing about Covid-19, you must have been far, far off-grid for the last 4 plus months.

trump-reddit-coronavirus-statements.png ETVlRIwXYAE0YSk.jpg

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.2  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.1    4 years ago

Gee, your very own statement proves that Trump indeed told us about the virus many times, not what the poster I responded to claimed, right?

Thanks for verifying my statement!

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.3  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.2    4 years ago
Gee, your very own statement proves that Trump indeed told us about the virus many times, not what the poster I responded to claimed, right?

Which is better, no information or wrong information?  He told us no FACTUAL information, so it may go either way on that claim.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.4  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.3    4 years ago
He told us no FACTUAL information, so it may go either way on that claim.

That is an asinine claim. Sure, cherry-pick ONE fucking sentence or comment from a whole series to support your ridiculous claim. Have you SEEN any press conferences?

SMMFH!

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.5  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.4    4 years ago
That is an asinine claim.

I provided a list of Trump statements above.  Care to list which ones were correct and accurate?

Have you SEEN any press conferences?

You mean watching Trump continually congratulate himself for doing a self proclaimed great job, despite the facts?  Actually yes.  I have also watched the medical experts AFTER the Trump show, walking back much of what he said.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.6  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.5    4 years ago
I provided a list of Trump statements above.  Care to list which ones were correct and accurate?

I already acknowledged what you posted--you cherry-picked SOME quotes from SOME statements, and then you want to pretend that is ALL he said.

That is fucking asinine.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.7  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.6    4 years ago
That is fucking asinine.

The asinine part is you keep making claims, yet never back up your claims with shit.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.8  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.7    4 years ago
he asinine part is you keep making claims, yet never back up your claims with shit.

Please be specific.

Tell me what claim I made that you need me to "back up" for you.

I can't do it based on your rather general whining complaint.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.9  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.8    4 years ago
Please be specific. Tell me what claim I made that you need me to "back up" for you.

"you cherry-picked SOME quotes from SOME statements"

Provide the full statements to show Trump meant something else entirely.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.10  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.9    4 years ago
"you cherry-picked SOME quotes from SOME statements" Provide the full statements to show Trump meant something else entirely.

Well, finally, a little clarity from you. 

But you posted quotes from Trump. Is that ALL he said? That is IT? That is all the quoted from Trump during the daily briefings?

Do you honestly expect anyone with a brain to believe that he ONLY said what you quoted? 

I ain't buying that nonsense.

But sell away, I'm sure you will find someone willing to swallow that swill!

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.11  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.10    4 years ago
But you posted quotes from Trump. Is that ALL he said? That is IT? That is all the quoted from Trump during the daily briefings?

Apparently, or else you would have posted the full quote.

Do you honestly expect anyone with a brain to believe that he ONLY said what you quoted?

Yet you appear unable to show otherwise.

I ain't buying that nonsense.

You also ain't repudiating it.

But sell away, I'm sure you will find someone willing to swallow that swill!

One of us provided quotes, the other is unable to.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.12  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.11    4 years ago
Apparently, or else you would have posted the full quote.

What you are willing to fall for isn't my problem.

Sure, believe that those quotes you posted are the only things Trump has ever said about the coronavirus.

Makes so sense.

/s

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.13  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.12    4 years ago
Sure, believe that those quotes you posted are the only things Trump has ever said about the coronavirus.

Now we move to a lie.  Show me, anywhere, that I claimed they were ALL Trump has said about the coronavirus.  Or retract your statement.

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
2.3  Drakkonis  replied to  Tessylo @2    4 years ago
Hows about how this 'president' didn't tell us ANYTHING about CO-VID 19?  Despite many, many warnings?

Imagine the whole country, every single one of us agrees with you. What could that possibly have to do with what the article reports China to have done? 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.3.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Drakkonis @2.3    4 years ago

Crickets 🦗 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.3.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.3.1    4 years ago

Bingo!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.4  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tessylo @2    4 years ago

He did tell us that it was a Dem hoax.jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.4.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.4    4 years ago
He did tell us that it was a Dem hoax.

Every time I see this I will correct it:

Fact Check:

Politico appears to misconstrue the subject of the president’s statement,
  claiming   that Trump “tried to cast the global outbreak of the coronavirus as a liberal conspiracy intended to undermine his first term.”

But an  examination  of the video and transcript show Trump actually described Democratic complaints about his handling of the virus threat as “their new hoax.”

“We have exposed the far left’s corruption and defeated their sinister schemes and let’s see what happens in the coming months,” Trump said. “Let’s watch. Let’s just watch. Very dishonest people. Now the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus, you know that right? Coronavirus, they’re politicizing it.”

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.4.2  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.4.1    4 years ago

He called it a hoax while underplaying it and this was all after he ignored at least 12 WARNINGS and 'it will be gone by April'

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.4.3  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @2.4.2    4 years ago
He called it a hoax 

No, he did not.

Reading or hearing comprehension is required to understand what is actually being said.

There is no need to believe everything MSNBC and CNN tells you to believe about your President.

SMMFH

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.4.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @2.4.3    4 years ago

Clearly the meme is wrong, yet it gets repeated and please note 3 individuals even voted the lie up!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3  seeder  Texan1211    4 years ago

Can we all now stop pretending that China was honest and forthcoming about the virus?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Texan1211 @3    4 years ago

To an extent I believe that China was NOT honest and forthcoming about the virus, but warnings were sent in lots of time for Australia and New Zealand to contain it, so why not the USA?  I'm amused by the accusation that China did not send out samples or genomes when scientists all over the world were using them to start developing vaccines since January. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.2.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.2    4 years ago

Because they sealed themselves off from all the rest of the world as well as China so China couldn’t export itvto them via Wuhan like they deliberately with full malice of intent did when they sealed off travel from Wuhan and its province from the rest of China but let them travel the rest of the world.  The U.K., USA, and Canada didn’t catch Chinas deliberate intent to export their problem to the rest of the world soon enough.  The afflictions of New York and the East coast came from Europe  by people more recently infected thus it hit them much harder than what got to Australia, New Zealand, and the west of North America did. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.2.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.2.1    4 years ago

You've missed your calling - you could make a fortune writing fiction - if people could understand it. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.2.3  XXJefferson51  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.2.2    4 years ago

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.4  Tessylo  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.2.2    4 years ago

Most of his nonsense is practically indecipherable.  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.2.5  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.2.3    4 years ago

Napoleon told the world to let China sleep - but somebody woke China up....

23e8233e315510b1af600e23f923ec47

Maybe it was the American consumers....

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
3.4  Raven Wing  replied to  Texan1211 @3    4 years ago

I don't recall China ever being honest or forthcoming about anything. So the coronavirus is by no means an exception. Merely par for the course where China is concerned.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4  Sean Treacy    4 years ago

China is still refusing to allow WHO to participate in the investigation into the origins of the virus.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @4    4 years ago
China is still refusing to allow WHO to participate in the investigation into the origins of the virus.

I'm sure the China supporters will find some "acceptable" excuse for that.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2  Tessylo  replied to  Sean Treacy @4    4 years ago

So then you have a source for that. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @4.2    4 years ago
So then you have a source for that. 

Plenty of them for anyone actually willing to look at them and read them.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1276194/china.." > .. .

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/china.." > .. .

Plenty of others, too, but since it is so damn easy to find with a simple internet search, I'll leave it with just 3.

If you wish to debate whether the Chinese refused WHO helping investigate, feel free to read the links and come back.

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.2.2  bugsy  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.1    4 years ago

[deleted]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.2.3  XXJefferson51  replied to  bugsy @4.2.2    4 years ago

[deleted]

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.2.4  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.1    4 years ago

Slam dunk!jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.2.5  XXJefferson51  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @4.2.4    4 years ago

Indeed it was!🤣👌

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.6  Tessylo  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @4.2.4    4 years ago

Nope, she has never had a slam dunk never and she has never disproved me on anything, ever.  

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.2.7  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Tessylo @4.2.6    4 years ago

If you say so.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.8  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @4.2.6    4 years ago

Plain English on your screen tells everyone else that you could not be more wrong.

You asked for a source, and more were provided to you. Whether you choose to read them or not is all up to you, but whether you do read them or not, the facts remain the same.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.2.9  Sean Treacy  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.8    4 years ago

thank you for posting the information. You can lead them to the water, but you can't make them drink. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.10  Tessylo  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.2.9    4 years ago

Gee, how profound.  LOL!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.11  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.2.9    4 years ago

You know, it is difficult to engage with someone who doesn't understand what a man and what a woman is.

But that is rather expected, because they clearly can't comprehend the links provided time after time after time.

Gazoo
Junior Silent
5  Gazoo    4 years ago

Look at all the deaths and economic destruction this virus has caused. I hope the global community comes down HARD on china. What they did was inexcusable.

I am hoping for a silver lining in this chaos. I hope American companies stop manufacturing in china. Bring it back. We certainly cannot count on them for critical products. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1  Tessylo  replied to  Gazoo @5    4 years ago

Yet no one should come down hard on this 'president' who essentially did nothing despite at least 12 warnings?  Disassembled the pandemic response team that President Obama put in place?

So many people died and got sick that didn't have to thanks to this inept, incompetent, bumbling, moron of a 'president's inaction and then denial and then blame placing.  

Gazoo
Junior Silent
5.1.1  Gazoo  replied to  Tessylo @5.1    4 years ago

On Jan. 21 Dr Fauci, a top virologist, an expert Trump uses for advice, said covid-19 isn’t anything for Americans to worry about.

on Feb. 29 fauci said Americans shouldn’t change their habits due to covid-19. 

on Jan. 31 Trump restricted travel from china to the US and was called racist, lol.

Trump listened to his experts. What else is he supposed to do? Trump inherited a government that was ill-prepared to handle a pandemic. I think he has done a fantastic job. A lot of people do.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.2  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Gazoo @5.1.1    4 years ago

People just like to bitch about Trump.

It would have been hilarious watching the left's response had Trump blocked all travel to the US from everywhere.

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1.4  bugsy  replied to    4 years ago
Who was on that team, and what actions would they have taken?

Another question is who was on that team and what are they doing now? She may (probably not) surprise herself at how wrong she is.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1.5  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @5.1    4 years ago

This seed is about the Australian issues with China.  It’s not about China’s amen choir in 5th column America that wants to blame Trump instead for everything 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1.6  XXJefferson51  replied to  Gazoo @5.1.1    4 years ago

I think Trump has done the best possible job under the circumstances 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1.7  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.2    4 years ago

New Zealand and Australia did.  Australia kept out tens of thousands of Chinese students who were about to return for a university term so God only knows the bullet they dodged.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.1.6    4 years ago

I think Trump has done the best possible job under the circumstances 

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.1.5    4 years ago

That second sentence made no sense whatsoever.  

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1.10  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.9    4 years ago

Neither does any of yours. What's your point?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.12  Tessylo  replied to    4 years ago

Obama Prepared for a Potential Pandemic. Trump Gutted His Work.

Written By KEYA VAKIL

Last Updated APRIL 15, 2020 8:07 AM EDT

Originally Published APRIL 14, 2020 11:30 AM EDT

Trump and Obama differ on pandemic response Graphic via Tania Lil for COURIER

Trump has insisted that no one could have seen the coronavirus coming. His predecessor did.

In December 2014, then-President Barack Obama warned that the United States needed to prepare for an upcoming pandemic. 

In a   speech   to members of the National Institutes of Health—which came only a short time after the Ebola outbreak had threatened to spread worldwide—Obama emphasized the importance of building a public health infrastructure to combat the next pandemic. 

“There may and likely will come a time in which we have both an airborne disease that is deadly,” Obama said. “And in order for us to deal with that effectively, we have to put in place an infrastructure—not just here at home, but globally—that allows us to see it quickly, isolate it quickly, respond to it quickly, so that if and when a new strain of flu like the Spanish flu crops up five years from now or a decade from now, we’ve made the investment and we’re further along to be able to catch it.” 

Obama’s words now seem depressingly prescient as the novel coronavirus has spread rapidly across the United States,   infecting more than 583,000 Americans   and killing roughly 23,650 people. As the outbreak has ravaged the country, President Trump has refused to take responsibility for the way his   administration has failed   to adequately respond to the crisis and instead has blamed others for the severity of the pandemic. 

Unsurprisingly, one of his favorite targets has been former President Obama.

For weeks, Trump has   repeatedly   blamed   Obama for his own slow response, arguing the former president who left office more than three years ago is to blame for the nation’s testing failures and   “severe” and “widespread” shortages   of personal protective equipment (PPE) for doctors and nurses. 

He has also insisted that no one could have seen the coronavirus coming. “Nobody knew there would be a pandemic or epidemic of this proportion. Nobody has ever seen anything like this before,” Trump   said on March 19 .

But Obama and his administration did see it coming, thanks in large part to their experiences with the 2009 H1N1 (swine flu) and 2014 Ebola outbreaks. Taking what they learned from those public health crises, the Obama administration sought to prepare Trump and his aides for the next pandemic. The current president, however, spent the first three years of his administration undermining and ignoring those pandemic preparedness efforts; he also ignored warnings from experts during the first three months of the coronavirus outbreak. 

To really understand how Trump has failed the American people, it’s important to take a look back at how the previous administration handled the threat of a pandemic.

A Different Virus, A Different President

In March 2009, a novel influenza A, H1N1, was   identified   in Mexico before spreading quickly across the U.S. and the rest of the world. The new virus contained a unique combination of influenza genes that had not previously been seen in humans or animals, making it a unique threat to public health. 

Sensing this threat, the Obama administration acted   early and decisively   to prevent the swine flu pandemic from devastating the U.S. Just a week after the flu first appeared in Mexico, Obama   instructed   every federal agency to play a role in preparing the U.S. for a pandemic. H1N1 was first detected in the U.S. on April 15, 2009 and within a week, the CDC had already   begun working to develop a vaccine   and activated its Emergency Operations Center to respond to what it identified as a growing public health threat. 

Eleven days after the first case was confirmed, the federal government declared a public health emergency and began releasing medical supplies and drugs from the CDC’s Strategic National Stockpile. By April 28, 2009, the Food and Drug Administration approved a new CDC test to detect H1N1 infections. 

Obama’s response to the 2014 Ebola outbreak was similarly marked by action. The president   appointed   Ronald Klain, an attorney and former chief of staff to then-Vice President Joe Biden, as the White House Ebola response coordinator. Klain oversaw an enormous   response   that   included   $5.4 billion in emergency funding in December 2014, most of which was dedicated to international activities combating Ebola. 

The U.S. sent thousands of health officials to Liberia, Sierra Leone, and Guinea, where the virus was spreading, to help with response efforts and limit the virus’ spread. The Obama administration helped create 15 Ebola treatment centers in the region, provided PPE and medical relief supplies to the countries, and conducted aggressive contact tracing to identify how the virus was spreading to limit its spread beyond Western Africa.

There were an   estimated   12,469 deaths from H1N1 in the United States. Only one person in the United States   died   from Ebola after traveling from West Africa to Dallas, Texas.

Then Came the Trump Administration

To help the incoming administration be better prepared to fight future pandemics, officials under President Obama took what they learned from these battles and   prepared a 69-page playbook . Written by Obama’s National Security Council and finalized in 2016, the playbook detailed strategies for when and how to obtain personal protective equipment, and included recommendations on how the government should move quickly to detect and contain potential outbreaks, secure additional funding, and possibly even invoke the Defense Production Act to compel private companies to produce needed medical supplies.

But the Trump administration ignored the playbook. Instead, as the Associated Press reported, the Trump administration   wasted nearly two months   that could have been used to bolster the federal stockpile of critically needed supplies and equipment. Federal agencies waited until mid-March to begin placing bulk orders of N95 respirator masks, mechanical ventilators, and other equipment needed by front-line health care workers. By then, it was too late. Doctors, nurses, and hospital administrators have spent weeks pleading for more PPE, ventilators, and medical supplies. 

While the national stockpile of critically needed medical supplies and equipment had been   chronically underfunded   even in prior administrations, Trump himself did nothing to address the issue during his first three years in office, or during the critical months of January and February. In early February, the White House rejected a request from Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar for $2 billion to buy respirator masks and other supplies for the depleted stockpile, instead approving only $500 million when it sent Congress its budget request weeks later.

“We basically wasted two months,” Kathleen Sebelius, Health and Human Services secretary during the Obama administration, told the AP.

Outgoing Obama administration officials also prepared a   “tabletop exercise”   just days before Trump’s inauguration, in which they briefed Trump’s top aides on the potential dangers of a pandemic—such as the one now devastating the United States. As Politico   reported   in March, the Trump team was told it could face specific challenges, such as shortages of ventilators, antiviral drugs, and other medical essentials. Obama administration officials emphasized that having a coordinated, unified national response was “paramount.”

That, of course, has not happened. Instead, President Trump spent weeks   downplaying the virus , spouting rampant misinformation and contradicting his own medical and scientific advisors. Even as he began to acknowledge the reality of the pandemic, Trump refused to take responsibility for the shortages of ventilators, PPE, and other medical supplies. 

The Trump administration also famously   disbanded   the National Security Council team focused on pandemic preparedness. In the wake of the Ebola epidemic, officials who worked with Obama realized the   need   for an international health security infrastructure; they   formed   pandemic-focused teams inside federal agencies to harness the powers of the U.S. government to prepare for the next outbreak. Instead, the White House dissolved the office in May 2018 and never reinstated it, despite pleas from lawmakers, former government officials, and other experts.

Trump has dismissed criticism that disbanding the team slowed down his administration’s response, and attacked a journalist for asking about it at a White House briefing, calling it “a “nasty question.”

“I don’t know anything about it,” Trump falsely stated at a March 13 press conference.

The president has also repeatedly made cuts to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the agency in charge of responding to outbreaks, as well as other public health programs. In February, when the coronavirus was already spreading in the U.S., the Trump administration’s budget proposal for fiscal year 2021 requested $700 million in cuts to the CDC and a total of   $3 billion in cuts to global health programs

Another Set of Warnings Ignored

It wasn’t just Obama-era officials who were ignored by Trump and his administration. The New York Times reported over the weekend that   several medical and science experts across the federal government   as well as some of the president’s own advisors also saw the pandemic coming and tried to sound the alarms, to no avail.

Trump, who campaigned on a promise of “America First,” has also   ignored advice and requests   from long-time U.S. allies who have sought a   globally coordinated response   to the pandemic. Trump’s disdain for international cooperation is nothing new; throughout his time in office, he has repeatedly   attacked   allies and downplayed or   ignored   the importance of international alliances. 

But as the coronavirus has spread across the world, ignoring borders and making clear the need for a global public health response, Trump’s approach—which includes commandeering hundreds of thousands of protective masks from other countries and   threatening to defund   the World Health Organization—has not only isolated allies but actively   angered   them, making a global response to a global pandemic all the more difficult. 

In characteristic fashion, as the debate surrounding coronavirus has begun to pivot to when to “reopen” the economy, Trump is once again ignoring warnings from experts—this time, about the   dangers of “reopening” the economy   too quickly without a plan. Such action, health experts say, could lead to a resurgence in the spread of COVID-19, causing thousands more deaths. 

Despite these dire predictions, Trump appears ready to plow ahead, ignoring experts’ advice, as he has from day one. 

“I want to get it open as soon as we can. We have to get our country open,” Trump   said   at a White House briefing on Friday. When asked by reporters which metrics he would use to make a decision, he pointed to his head: “The metrics right here. That’s my metrics. That’s all I can do.”

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.13  Tessylo  replied to  Gazoo @5.1.1    4 years ago

Source?

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1.14  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.12    4 years ago

Did WHO tell Obama that there was no threat to human to human contact?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.1.15  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Gazoo @5.1.1    4 years ago
"Trump inherited a government that was ill-prepared to handle a pandemic."

Very true, thanks to Trump, who also received many warnings in January and pooh-poohed them. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1.16  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.2    4 years ago

That’s what Australia and New Zealand did.  Who rationally could have foreseen that China while isolating Wuhan and the surrounding province from the rest of China enabled those same people to freely travel abroad engaging in a form of economic warfare in retaliation for losing the tariffs issue.  

Kavika
Professor Principal
5.1.17  Kavika   replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.1.7    4 years ago

In reality, 31,196 Chinese students entered Australia between mid-Feb and mid-March

by complying with the requirements set up by the Australian government. 

Foreign students contributed $34b (aus) to the Australia economy last year. The universities are especially dependent on foreign students (mostly Chinese)

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1.19  XXJefferson51  replied to  bugsy @5.1.10    4 years ago

She turned away from the mirror...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.21  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.13    4 years ago

Why continually ask for sources when you have repeatedly stated you don't read links?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.23  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.21    4 years ago

[Deleted]

There are certain posters whose links I don't read, that is, I only read links from those who I trust.  

Also, there are certain posters whose word I do not take at face value when no source is supplied in the first place.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.24  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.23    4 years ago
You're confused, as usual.

Your posts never confuse me. 

There are certain posters whose links I don't read, that is, I only read links from those who I trust.

Then why demand links you won't read? Why not just do your own research?

Also, there are certain posters whose word I do not take at face value when no source is supplied in the first place.

While true he didn't provide any links in  his post, I did. Took me like 3 seconds to find with a very simple internet search.

Perhaps he didn't provide any links because he felt it was common enough knowledge that anyone posting about it would have known already if they were keeping up.

You could always look it up yourself if you are even interested enough to find the truth.

Try typing "January 21 Fauci  on coronavirus" into your browser window.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.1.25  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Gazoo @5.1.1    4 years ago

And his fantastic job has led to massive numbers of infections and deaths - especially as compared to the ratios (not numbers) of infections and deaths in countries like Australia and New Zealand - who had to have received the warnings no earlier than Trump did.  I really don't care if you feel that Dr. Fauci was to blame rather than Trump, because maybe relying on Fauci's worngful advice was just as negligent. His warnings were from MULTIPLE sources which required paying attention to them. 

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
5.1.26  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5.1.25    4 years ago
And his fantastic job has led to massive numbers of infections and deaths

trumps actions did not lead to more infections and deaths...  

china and the who lying is the only thing that led our country and the world to massive numbers of infections and death

"china's victims could have / should have gotten to the hospital sooner"    is not the best defense for negligent manslaughter.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.1.27  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.12    4 years ago

Nobody has ever seen anything like this before,” Trump said on March 19th.  

Has this idiot ever taken a history class?

Flu Pandemic (1968)

Death Toll: 1 million
Cause: Influenza

Asian Flu (1956-1958)

Death Toll: 2 million

Sixth Cholera Pandemic (1910-1911)

Death Toll: 800,000+
Cause: Cholera

Flu Pandemic (1889-1890)

Third Cholera Pandemic (1852-1860)

Cause: Cholera

The Black Death (1346-1353)

Death Toll: 75 – 200 million
Cause: Bubonic Plague

Plague Of Justinian (541-542)

Death Toll: 25 million
Cause: Bubonic Plague

Antonine Plague (165 AD)

Death Toll: 5 million
Cause: Unknown

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.28  Tessylo  replied to  Gazoo @5.1.1    4 years ago

What nonsense.  The only reason this 'president' was ill-prepared was because he ignored warnings, downplayed the threat, and disassembled the pandemic response team that President Obama put in place.

This administration was ill-prepared because of his own actions and inactions, NO ONE ELSE'S.  

This 'president' claims COMPLETE AUTHORITY yet claims 0, zilch, nada, zip, squat RESPONSIBILITY.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.29  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.24    4 years ago

Try this . . . . . . 

bugsy
Professor Participates
7  bugsy    4 years ago

Read the first sentence of what you posted.

But yet you think Trump should have put a halt to the virus, somehow developed tests for something never seen before, tested every American, and magically produced tens of thousands of ventilators and millions of masks, all in a matter of less than 4 weeks.

BTW...the last two should have been replenished by the one we are not allowed to mention on here....but he failed to do.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
8  XXJefferson51    4 years ago

A research dossier compiled by the so-called “Five Eyes” intelligence alliance, that reportedly concludes China intentionally hid or destroyed evidence of the coronavirus pandemic, is consistent with U.S. findings about the origins of the outbreak so far, senior U.S. officials told Fox News on Saturday.

The 15-page document from the intelligence agencies of the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Australia and New Zealand, was obtained by Australia's Saturday Telegraph newspaper and finds that China's secrecy amounted to an “assault on international transparency."

TIMELINE OF CHINA'S POSSIBLE CORONAVIRUS COVER-UP

The dossier, which is likely to further increase pressure on the Chinese government to explain its actions and early statements, points to the initial denial by the government that the virus could be transmitted between humans, the silencing of doctors, destruction of evidence, and a refusal to provide samples to scientists working on a vaccine.

While U.S. intelligence is not confirming the existence of the 15-page document, a senior official told Fox that reports of the document aligns with U.S. intelligence that China knew the spread between humans earlier than it said, that it knew it was a novel coronavirus earlier than it said and that it was spread wider than they reported to the international community in the first weeks of the outbreak.

But there are some exceptions. In particular, Australia believes the virus originated in a wet market, as the Chinese have claimed. However,  the U.S. intelligence community has not yet determined this and is still leaning away from that theory.

CLICK HERE FOR COMPLETE CORONAVIRUS COVERAGE

Fox News first reported last month that there is increasing confidence from U.S. officials that the virus likely escaped from the lab in Wuhan, where the naturally-occurring strain was being studied not as a bioweapon but as part of a Chinese effort to show that its efforts to identify and combat viruses are equal to or greater than those of the U.S. This would be at odds with claims the outbreak originated at a nearby wet market. The U.S. is investigating the matter.

President Trump said Thursday that he's seen evidence suggesting the virus came from a lab after Fox News and others asked if he knew of anything that gave him confidence that the outbreak originated in the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

A senior intelligence source told Fox News on Saturday that most, as many as 70-75 percent, of the 17 U.S. intelligence agencies believe it came from a laboratory but the remaining agencies cannot yet agree as there is not a “smoking gun.”

The source said that the agencies have come down to two potential origins for the accident - animal-human transmission, or a mistake in the lab, but there is evidence of both options with most leaning toward the laboratory explanation -- although both scenarios are attributable to mistakes.

The source told Fox that the reports show "how duplicitous the Chinese have been" in regard to information about the origins and spread of the virus and that "the impact of their secrecy has really shaken our allies."

“Everyone is furious with the Chinese,” the source said.

Meanwhile, no public evidence has yet been presented to definitively point to the lab scenario, and Defense sources who have spoken to Fox News say it is being viewed as simply one of two theories about how the outbreak began.

The new “Five Eyes” dossier finds that China began censoring news of the virus on search engines and social media beginning Dec. 31, deleting terms including “SARS variation," “Wuhan Seafood market” and “Wuhan Unknown Pneumonia.”

Three days later, on Jan. 3, China’s National Health Commission ordered virus samples to be either moved to designated testing facilities or destroyed, while simultaneously issuing a "no-publication order" related to the disease.

The Saturday Telegraph report includes a timeline of Chinese obfuscation. On Jan. 5, for example, Wuhan's Municipal Health Commission stopped releasing daily updates on the number of new cases and would not resume them for 13 days. On Jan. 10, Wang Guanga, a respiratory specialist at Peking University First Hospital who had been investigating the outbreak, said it was "under control" and largely a "mild condition." (Wang himself would disclose 12 days later that he had been infected with the virus.)

Two days later, on Jan. 12, a Shanghai professor's lab was closed down after it shared data on the virus' genetic sequence with the outside world. On Jan. 24, Chinese officials stopped the Wuhan Institute of Virology from sharing virus samples with a lab at the University of Texas.

The dossier also concludes that Chinese authorities denied that the virus could be spread between humans until Jan. 20, "despite evidence of human-human transmission from early December."

The file is similarly critical about the World Health Organization (WHO), stating that it toed the Chinese line about human-to-human transmission despite the fact that "officials in Taiwan raised concerns as early as December 31, as did experts in Hong Kong on January 4.”

WHO SAYS IT IS 'ASSURED' THAT CORONAVIRUS IS 'NATURAL IN ORIGIN' AS US PROBES WUHAN LAB

Fox News reported last month that the WHO -- which President Trump paused funding to last month over its role in the crisis -- was either complicit in the coverup, or looked the other way. The WHO and China have denied any wrongdoing.

The dossier goes on to state that throughout February, "Beijing [pressed] the U.S., Italy, India, Australia, Southeast Asian neighbours [sic] and others not to protect themselves via travel restrictions, even as [China] impose[d] severe restrictions at home."

At the same time, the file states: "Millions of people [left] Wuhan after the outbreak and before Beijing lock[ed] down the city on January 23."

On Friday, WHO officials said that it was assured that the virus is “natural in origin."

CLICK HERE FOR THE FOX NEWS APP

“We have listened again and again to numerous scientists who have looked at the sequence and looked at the virus and we are assured that this virus is natural in origin,” Dr. Michael Ryan, executive director of WHO’s Health Emergencies Program, said at a press conference when asked about the virus’ origins.

“What is important is that we establish what that natural host for this virus is, and the primary purpose of doing that is to ensure we understand the virus more, we understand the animal-human interface and we understand how the animal-human species barrier was breached,” he said.

Fox News' Bret Baier, Nick Givas and Samuel Chamberlain contributed to this report 

Adam Shaw is a reporter covering U.S. and European politics for Fox News.. He can be reached here.  

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
9  Thrawn 31    4 years ago

Info coming out out China, most legit in the world!!!!!!

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
9.2  Raven Wing  replied to  Thrawn 31 @9    4 years ago
most legit in the world!!!!!!

And most reliable too. /s

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
10  Buzz of the Orient    4 years ago

I'm sure if the polls were to start indicating that Trump's days are done, that the next story will be that China created the virus in a Wuhan lab for the purpose of spreading it around the world in order to destroy the American economy and take over as the World's number one economy, so it deliberately leaked the virus and made sure that travellers from Wuhan would carry it to all 4 corners of the world.   What I don't understand, though, is why they would do that when it would infect and kill so many of China's own people and so negatively affect China's economy, and was eventually going to be found out whereas blame would be pointed at China, and proceedings taken to destroy China's economy.  Please educate me as to why they would do that.

CAVEAT:  Contrary to the belief of many on this site, this is NOT a defence of the Chinese government, and I am not a commie, or a commie sympathizer, or a defender of Xi Jinping, but simply trying through attempts, not always successful, to determine the truth as a person who is bound neither to Trump nor Xi Jinping. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
10.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @10    4 years ago

OR......the Trump supporters would spread the rumor that the Democrats paid China to invent the virus in the Wuhan lab and spread it all over the world, notifying every country of the virus and its dangers except for America, in the hopes that the outrageous number of illnesses and deaths in America in the hope that it would make Trump look bad and he would lose the election.

I have no doubts that there are some Trump supporters that are so mentally deranged in their devotion to Trump that they would have no qualms accepting and swearing by the wholesale lies Trump tells every day.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
10.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Raven Wing @10.1    4 years ago

We should run a covid-19 conspiracy theory contest for Trump supporters here.  So far they've been quite inventive.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
10.1.2  Raven Wing  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @10.1.1    4 years ago

It would likely be very interesting. jrSmiley_46_smiley_image.gif

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
10.2  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @10    4 years ago
but simply trying through attempts, not always successful, to determine the truth

why make it so complicated?  this issue is actually very simple.

1. china lied
  2. the who lied
  3. people died,
  4. end of story.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
10.2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @10.2    4 years ago

th?id=OIP.6jQ3CRTluZi0efmF372G6wHaFe&pid=Api

JBB
Professor Principal
10.2.2  JBB  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @10.2.1    4 years ago

It is the lie that never ends

It just goes on and on my friends 

Some people started telling it

Not knowing what it was

Now they're still telling it

And that is just because 

Not knowing what it was

And that is just because 

Not knowing what it was

And that is just because

(Continue repeating indefinitely)

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
10.2.3  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @10.2.1    4 years ago

never ending? no.

the "new story is how the world is going to bankrupt china..

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
10.2.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @10.2.3    4 years ago

LOL.  Only in your dreams.....the American consumers won't let it happen.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
10.2.5  XXJefferson51  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @10.2.4    4 years ago

Oh yes we will.  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
10.2.6  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  XXJefferson51 @10.2.5    4 years ago

Time will tell.  I'm not so ignorant as to make unfounded claims for the future and threats that may well never be fruitful. 

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
10.2.7  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @10.2.4    4 years ago
.the American consumers won't let it happen.

this aint just about american consumers.... LOL

the world is bailing on china

“People have been talking about leaving China for many years now,” Bossche   told Forbes. “What we are seeing now is that companies are taking a hard look at it… Many will see that they must diversify away from China.”

Now that coronavirus has further incentivized companies to stop buying from China,   the Associated Press   reports a drop of 17 percent of US imports of manufacturing goods from China.

just the beginning... and the long term trend is not in chinas favor my friend.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
10.2.9  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  XDm9mm @10.2.8    4 years ago

countries bringing manufacturing home will revive our economies and further crush chinas.

it is predictable.

JBB
Professor Principal
11  JBB    4 years ago

Newsflash - Fauchi says, "Covid-19 Not Lab Created".

Gazoo
Junior Silent
11.1  Gazoo  replied to  JBB @11    4 years ago

Here’s another newsflash, in late January Fauci said covid-19 was nothing for the US to worry about.

in late February Fauci said Americans should not change their habits because of covid-19.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
11.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  JBB @11    4 years ago

Whether it was created in the lab or not isn’t the issue many have stated.That they were researching/ experimenting on an existing bat corona virus 🦠 that escaped the lab is the real issue. Most are willing to give China the benefit of the doubt and say it was not a lab man engineered virus or a weaponized one.