Mourning In America

Category:  News & Politics

By:  john-russell  •  5 months ago  •  25 comments

Mourning In America

Coming to a tv screen near you. 

related

“Mourning in America" is   dystopian , showing dilapidated houses, a worried man in a hospital corridor, head in hands, a sick person being wheeled on a gurney, vacant industrial buildings, a man applying for unemployment compensation, crowds of Americans lined up wearing masks and scenes from a Trump speech.

www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/05/05/trump-george-conway-coronavirus/

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
smarty_function_ntUser_is_admin: user_id parameter required
[]

JohnRussell
1  author  JohnRussell    5 months ago
7:41 a.m.

President Trump called attention to the latest attack ad from a #NeverTrump Republican group in a series of tweets he posted very early Tuesday morning. "I guess we know what keeps the president of the United States up at night,"   responded George Conway , one of the Lincoln Project's founders and husband to White House counselor Kellyanne Conway. "It isn’t the Americans who are dying once every 45 seconds of COVID-19."

"A group of RINO Republicans who failed badly 12 years ago, then again 8 years ago, and then got BADLY beaten by me, a political first timer, 4 years ago, have copied (no imagination) the concept of an ad from Ronald Reagan, 'Morning in America,' doing everything possible to get even for all of their many failures,"   Trump tweeted . The ad, released Monday, is called "Mourning in America."

"Their so-called Lincoln Project is a disgrace to Honest Abe,"   Trump tweeted . "I don’t know what Kellyanne did to her deranged loser of a husband, Moonface, but it must have been really bad." He also attacked GOP strategists John Weaver, Rick Wilson, Even McMullen, Steve Schmidt, Reed Gavin, and Jennifer Horn. "They’re all LOSERS, but Abe Lincoln, Republican, is all smiles!"   Trump tweeted .

Speaking of Lincoln, political ads, and smiles, former Vice President Joe Biden took Trump's latest self-comparison to the first Republican president — at the Lincoln Memorial on Sunday, in a Fox News town hall — threw in a   little Justin Timberlake   and let Trump write his own script.  

XDm9mm
2  XDm9mm    5 months ago

Mike Madrid worked for Antonio Villariagosa’s disaster of a Governor Campaign in 2018. Apparently because Republicans did not buy his brand of BS, he is on a rampage to run Republicans out of office. He is also still living off the fact that he was an employee of the CAGOP over a Generation ago.

Dean Moriarty
3  Dean Moriarty    5 months ago

Boy that commercial is going to backfire. After watching that load of horse crap it makes one want to vote for Trump. The reason we see bread lines is because the Dems won't let them go back to work. 

JohnRussell
3.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Dean Moriarty @3    5 months ago
it makes one want to vote for Trump.

Only people like you Dean. Only people like you. I'm pretty sure randians are not a majority in the US.

XDm9mm
3.1.2  XDm9mm  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    5 months ago
Only people like you Dean. Only people like you

Like what?  Be specific there JR.   Call us what you really want to.  Don't hide your true feelings.  Be honest for once.

JohnRussell
3.1.3  author  JohnRussell  replied to  XDm9mm @3.1.2    5 months ago

My comment refers to Dean as a Randian (follower of Ayn Rand), which he has confirmed himself in the past. Are you one too? 

Tessylo
3.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.3    5 months ago

Thank god all the world isn't like that 'I got mine, Fuck you'

MUVA
3.1.5  MUVA  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.4    5 months ago

I got mine get yours Is the American way.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
3.1.6  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.4    5 months ago
Thank god all the world isn't like that 'I got mine, Fuck you'

Examples galore around these parts.   jrSmiley_115_smiley_image.pngjrSmiley_115_smiley_image.pngjrSmiley_115_smiley_image.png

Trout Giggles
3.1.7  Trout Giggles  replied to  MUVA @3.1.5    5 months ago

That's horrible

MUVA
3.1.8  MUVA  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1.7    5 months ago

No it is the way it has been for my 54 years anyone can make in this country if you work hard you just have to go get  it.My father is black went into the navy as a enlisted ended up a Lt commander after 35 years.then ran part of Atlantic research for 15 years all while being discriminated against.He told all of his kids if a Blackman from rural Arkansas can make it anyone can.My father enlisted in 1949 with a electrical engineering equivalent degree because the historic college degree wasn’t considered valid they made my dad a driver till is commanding officer saw how smart he was I would almost bet nobody on this site could touch his intellect.My whole family have college degrees and my older two siblings both graduated in the top of their class one from west point and the other Mt St Marry in  NY.So my mind set is go get it if you have the will.

Split Personality
3.2  Split Personality  replied to  Dean Moriarty @3    5 months ago
The reason we see bread lines is because the Dems won't let them go back to work. 

Good grief Dean.  Are you just bored enough to lob out partisan sweeping generalizations this morning?

jrSmiley_5_smiley_image.png

Nerm_L
4  Nerm_L    5 months ago

Donald Trump ain't the problem.   

The dystopian America portrayed in the advertisement is the legacy of Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton.  We live in a trickle down America.  We live in an America of haves and have nots.  We live in an America divided by wealth, divided by class, divided by elitism, divided by greed, divided by snobbery.  We live in an America where the essential must sacrifice itself for the nonessential.  The legacy of Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton is a divided America.

No one can accuse Donald Trump of being a charismatic, eloquent demagogue.  Trump doesn't deliver sentimental prose that appeals to the wealthy, the elites, and the haves.  There isn't any mythological 'shining city on the hill' to salve the guilt of those who have divided America for their own satisfaction.  Trump doesn't portray the legacy of Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton as striving for a greater good.  Trump's message is too stark to allow comfort for those responsible for creating a dystopian America.  Trump isn't hiding what America has become behind a facade of nostalgic sentimentality.

The guilty denies their responsibility for dystopian America.  The reality of today's America was not created by Donald Trump in three short years.  Donald Trump did not create the divisions in America.  Donald Trump ain't the problem.

Ender
4.1  Ender  replied to  Nerm_L @4    5 months ago

Nor is he a solution.

Seems to me he is adding to the trickle down theory.

Nerm_L
4.1.1  Nerm_L  replied to  Ender @4.1    5 months ago
Seems to me he is adding to the trickle down theory.

How?

Ender
4.1.2  Ender  replied to  Nerm_L @4.1.1    5 months ago

Tax breaks to corporations and the wealthy, deregulation of industry...

Edit: That was the basis for all of it, that it would trickle down and invigorate the economy.

Nerm_L
4.1.3  Nerm_L  replied to  Ender @4.1.2    5 months ago
Tax breaks to corporations and the wealthy, deregulation of industry...

And a tax increase on the wealthy that Democrats have been complaining about and promising to repeal.

Taxes on corporations are passed on to consumers; corporations only serve as tax collectors.  Corporate taxes are a backhanded way to tax the poor.  

Ender
4.1.4  Ender  replied to  Nerm_L @4.1.3    5 months ago

Funny, I didn't see anything get cheaper with the tax breaks.

Trout Giggles
4.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Nerm_L @4    5 months ago

Donald Trmp isn't good enough to lick Reagan's shoes

Nerm_L
4.2.1  Nerm_L  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.2    5 months ago
Donald Trmp isn't good enough to lick Reagan's shoes

Perhaps.  But the fact remains that we are living in an America that is the legacy of Ronald Reagan.  While everyone cites Reagan's small government rhetoric, the reality is that Reagan forced the have nots of the country to become dependent upon the Federal government.

Ronald Reagan was an Adlai Stevenson Democrat; Reagan was Republican in name only.   That's why there is so little difference between the parties today.  Democrats haven't changed (although they had their chance) but Reagan changed Republicans to be more like the dregs of the Democratic Party. 

Trout Giggles
4.2.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Nerm_L @4.2.1    5 months ago

That's gonna hurt when the Reagan Conservatives here read that

It Is ME
5  It Is ME    5 months ago

"A group of RINO Republicans who failed badly 12 years ago, then again 8 years ago, and then got BADLY beaten by me, a political first timer, 4 years ago"

TRUTH ! jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif

Freedom Warrior
6  Freedom Warrior    5 months ago

The Lincoln project has proven to be a bunch of phucking phonies.

If they were truly looking to improve government they wouldn't be engaged in this anti-Trump charade but rather working tirelessly to expose the wholesale corruption of the previous administration that now represents the greatest political stain on our Republic.

FLYNAVY1
7  FLYNAVY1    5 months ago

So no room for Goldwater republicans in the current GOP eh?