╌>

NO NURSING HOME FOR ME !!" (Something to keep in mind)

Category:  Now Trending

By:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  4 years ago  •  19 comments

NO NURSING HOME FOR ME !!"   (Something to keep in mind)

BUZZ NOTE:  This advice can be applicable to virtually any hotel or hotel chain and is not spam for the purpose of advertising Holiday Inn.

NO NURSING HOME FOR ME !!" (Something to keep in mind)

No nursing home for us. We'll be checking into a Holiday Inn!

With the average cost for nursing home care being $188.00 per day, there is a better way when we get old and too feeble.

I've already checked on reservations at

The Holiday Inn.

For a combined long term stay discount and senior discount, it's $59.23 per night.

Breakfast is included, and some have happy hours

In the afternoon.

That leaves $128.77 a day for lunch and dinner in any restaurant we want, or room service, laundry,

Gratuities and special TV movies.

Plus, they provide a spa, swimming pool, a workout room, a lounge and washer dryer, etc.

Most have free toothpaste and razors, and all have free shampoo and soap.

$5 worth of tips a day you'll have the entire staff scrambling to help you.

They treat you like a customer, not a patient.

There's a city bus stop out front, and seniors ride free.

The handicap bus will also pick you up

(if you fake a decent limp).

To meet other nice people, call a church bus on Sundays.

For a change of scenery, take the airport shuttle bus and eat at one of

The nice restaurants there.

While you're at the airport, fly somewhere.

Otherwise, the cash keeps building up.

It takes months to get into decent nursing homes. Holiday Inn will take your reservation today.

And you're not stuck in one place forever -- you can move from Inn to Inn, or even from city to city.

Want to see Hawaii ? They have Holiday Inn there too.

TV broken? Light bulbs need changing? Need a mattress replaced? No problem.. They fix everything, and apologize for the inconvenience.

The Inn has a night security person and daily room service.   The maid checks to see if you are ok. If not, they'll call an ambulance . .

Or the undertaker. 

If you fall and break a hip, Medicare will pay for the hip, and Holiday Inn will upgrade you to a suite for the rest of your life.

And no worries about visits from family.

They will always be glad to find you, and probably check in for a few days mini vacation.

The grand-kids can use the pool.

What more could I ask for?

So, when I reach that golden age,

I'll face it with a grin.

AIDS WARNING!

SENIOR CITIZENS
ARE THE NATION'S LEADING CARRIERS OF AIDS!

HEARING AIDS

BAND AIDS

ROLL AIDS

WALKING AIDS

MEDICAL AIDS

GOVERNMENT AIDS

MOST OF ALL,

MONETARY AID TO THEIR KIDS!

Not forgetting HIV

(Hair is Vanishing)

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1  author  Buzz of the Orient    4 years ago

Good advice for my aging friends.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
1.1  pat wilson  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1    4 years ago

I've read similar articles about people being on cruise ships perpetually. They have all the same amenities as in your article.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  pat wilson @1.1    4 years ago

Yes, so have I.  These days I'd choose the hotel. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  pat wilson @1.1    4 years ago

I read an article about this one woman who said she lives full time on a cruise ship because it was cheaper than a home.  Her reasons besides cost efficiency made total sense.

Good food

Medical staff

Never ending supply of new friends

Gym

Entertainment

New places to visit

WiFi

Laundry Service

Pool and other activities geared for older people

Lately though, I think I would opt for a hotel over a cruise ship considering all the health problems occurring on them.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.3  Ender  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1.2    4 years ago

Shame really because that would be the way to go. I went on one once and there ways always food, a buffet or some other place open. Get a drink package and have 15 drinks a day. 

The only drawback would have been finding one that makes different ports of call, instead of the same one over and over.

Internet service would be expensive though.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.4  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  pat wilson @1.1    4 years ago
I've read similar articles about people being on cruise ships perpetually.

Cruise ships are out of the question.  Look how many people have gotten sick on them (before Covid-19).  They are almost as bad as some nursing homes.  Nope, I'll pass.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3  Perrie Halpern R.A.    4 years ago

Buzz,

Excellent advice! I hope this catches on.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4  author  Buzz of the Orient    4 years ago

I've stayed in hotels here that provide a free internet connection, sometimes even a computer as well, a safe (or a safety deposit box in a room behind the front desk) and even sometimes an emergency call button next to the bed.  

Al-316
Professor Silent
5  Al-316    4 years ago

It's been a while since I last stayed in a Holiday Inn, but as I recall they also decorate their lobby for Christmas and other holidays which saves you the expense.

Plus the rooms come fully furnished.

I like the idea. Sign me up. Ha

Kavika
Professor Principal
6  Kavika     4 years ago

I'm going to go upscale. No Holiday Inn for me I'm going upscale Marriott. A higher daily cost ($100) but many more emenities. 

Kavka floating in the pool with an umbrella drink.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Kavika @6    4 years ago

What about Holiday Inn Express?

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Kavika   replied to  Buzz of the Orient @6.1    4 years ago

Naw, Marriott has a great rewards program that will knock down the price per night to $80 with extra amenities. 

Kavika re-ordering an umbrella drink.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
6.1.2  Jasper2529  replied to  Kavika @6.1.1    4 years ago
Marriott has a great rewards program that will knock down the price per night to $80 with extra amenities. 

Marriott for me, too. I traveled a lot for my job, so I have a lot rewards points. Because of that, many of our vacations in Boston, NYC, Baltimore, San Fran, Montreal, and other places were reasonably priced. 

Their Concierge Rooms are terrific, aren't they? Full breakfasts, snacks all day, and "happy hours" with varieties of hot/cold hors d'oeuvres and other foods that could be enough for dinner. My wife and kids loved it!

When I run out of points, I'll think of something else. jrSmiley_7_smiley_image.png

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7  Trout Giggles    4 years ago

Love the idea!

zuksam
Junior Silent
8  zuksam    4 years ago

I think it's still cheaper to rent an apartment plus you can get visiting nurses and if you qualify free house cleaning. I'm surprised more older folks don't become roommates since it cuts expenses almost in half plus you tend to eat better the more people you're cooking for. Forget those meals on wheels though I'd starve if I had to eat that. I know so many older folks who live alone in 3-4 bedroom houses and shoulder all the expense themselves and they're lonely, if they had roommates they'd have company and more money to travel or just eat out.

Ender
Professor Principal
8.1  Ender  replied to  zuksam @8    4 years ago

"Thank you for being a friend"...Golden Girls comes to mind.

I am surprised more people don't do this. Around here though a mortgage can be cheaper than rent.

I think it would be safer and more cost efficient to have several friends share a place.

My mother qualifies for a nurse home visit but she won't do it. 

zuksam
Junior Silent
8.1.1  zuksam  replied to  Ender @8.1    4 years ago
Around here though a mortgage can be cheaper than rent.

Renting a apartment is cheaper than renting a house but most time renting a house costs more than the mortgage would be but if you own it you must maintain and repair the house. Many older folks just can't do the work themselves so they have to pay someone. My Aunt Yvette is 91 and lives alone but still mows the lawn, rakes the leaves, and shovels snow as long as it's under 6" but she can't repair stuff so I do everything else but if I wasn't around she'd have to hire someone.