╌>

1996 court doc shows Tara Reade's ex-husband knew about 'sexual harassment' while she worked for Biden: report | Fox News

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  kdmichigan  •  4 years ago  •  47 comments

By:   Joseph Wulfsohn (Fox News)

1996 court doc shows Tara Reade's ex-husband knew about 'sexual harassment' while she worked for Biden: report | Fox News
A newly emerged court document from 1996 shows Tara Reade's ex-husband was told about "sexual harassment" that took place while she worked in then-Sen. Joe Biden's office, according to a report.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A newly emerged court document from 1996 shows Tara Reade's ex-husband was told about "sexual harassment" that took place while she worked in then-Sen. Joe Biden's office, according to a report.

The San Luis Obispo Tribune obtained a court filing on Thursday from San Luis Obispo County showing Reade's then-husband, Theodore Dronen, referring to her time working for the Delaware senator. The declaration came in response to a restraining order she had filed against him after he filed for divorce.

The court document, however, did not directly accuse the former vice president and 2020 presidential candidate of sexual harassment or refer to a sexual assault.

"I met Petitioner in the spring of 1993 while working in Washington D.C. At the early stages of our dating, Petitioner felt comfortable confiding in me as we both worked for members of Congress, and we shared many common interests," the document obtained by the Tribune read. "On several occasions Petitioner related a problem that she was having at work regarding sexual harassment, in U.S. Senator Joe Biden's office. Petitioner told me she struck a deal with the chief of staff of the senator's office and left her position."

Dronen continued, "I was sympathetic to her needs when she asked me for help, and assisted her financially, and allowed her to stay in my apartment with my roommate while she looked for work. It was obvious that this event had a very traumatic effect on Petitioner, and that she is still sensitive and [affected] by it today."

The Biden campaign did not immediately respond to Fox News' request for comment, but Biden repeated his denial to Spectrum Bay News 9, telling the Florida outlet, "nothing ever happened with Tara Reade."

Also, Deputy Biden Campaign Manager Kate Bedingfield said in a new statement: "Every day, more and more inconsistencies arise. Women must receive the benefit of the doubt. They must be able to come forward and share their stories without fear of retribution or harm - and we all have a responsibility to ensure that. At the same time, we can never sacrifice the truth. And, the truth is that these allegations are false and that the material that has been presented to back them up, under scrutiny, keeps proving their falsity."

"He did say in his view, accusers 'should start off with the presumption that they're telling the truth.' Do you think he has afforded you that presumption?" Megyn Kelly asked.

"No," Reade responded. "I mean, it's been stunning, actually, how some of his surrogates with the blue checks, you know... his surrogates have been saying really horrible things about me and to me on social media. He hasn't himself, but there's a measure of hypocrisy with the campaign saying it's safe. It has not been safe. All of my social media has been hacked, all of my personal information has been dragged through, every person that maybe has a, you know, gripe against me -- an ex-boyfriend or an ex-landlord, whatever it is -- has been able to have a platform rather than me, talking about things that have nothing to do with 1993."

She explained, "Even with the whole thing with being called a Russian agent, that in particular, that incites these people. I got a death threat from that because they thought I was being a traitor to America. I mean, these are serious things. And, his campaign has taken this position that they all want women to be able to speak safely. I have not experienced that."

"If he's watching this, what do you want to say to him?" Kelly asked.

"I want to say, 'You and I were there, Joe Biden. Please step forward and be held accountable. You should not be running on character for the president of the United States."

When asked if she wanted Biden to withdraw from the 2020 race, Reade said, "I wish he would. but he won't, but I wish he would. That's how I feel emotionally."

Also in the preview clip, Reade also said it's "a little late" for Biden to apologize.

In a second preview clip, Reade told Kelly that she "believed" past survivors who have come forward including Christine Blasey Ford, who accused Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct in 2018, but called for a "conversation" instead of a "hashtag."

"Does Joe Biden get due process? " Kelly pressed the Biden accuser. "Does he get the chance to vet these claims and defend himself? Is that okay?"

"I think he's been doing that, right?" Reade responded. "He's had a chance for more platforms than I have."

Kelly then pointed to people who found Blasey Ford as "credible" for going under oath, subjecting herself to cross-examination and taking a polygraph test.

"Would you go under oath?" Kelly asked.

"Absolutely," Reade quickly answered, later offering the same response about her willingness to be cross-examined.

However, regarding a polygraph test, she challenged Biden to take one as well.

"I'm not a criminal. Joe Biden should take the polygraph," Reade told Kelly. "What kind of precedent does that set for survivors of violence? Does that mean we're presumed guilty and we all have to take polygraphs? So, I will take one if Joe Biden takes one, but I'm not a criminal."

Fox News' Allie Raffa contributed to this report.

Joseph A. Wulfsohn is a media reporter for Fox News. Follow him on Twitter @JosephWulfsohn.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1  seeder  KDMichigan    4 years ago

Good old creepy Joe says that Devos is trying to shame and silence sexual assault survivors.

Of course he doesn't know what hypocrisy is, He is a Democrat.

squiggy
Junior Silent
2  squiggy    4 years ago

I'm sure Biden could pass a polygraph since he's convinced he's number one - though he does flinch when he hears University of Delaware.

Gazoo
Junior Silent
2.1  Gazoo  replied to  squiggy @2    4 years ago

Would a polygraph even work on someone with dementia/alzheimers? Doesn’t seem like it would unless they were in a lucid moment, which jinping joe doesn’t seem to have many these days.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
2.1.1  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  Gazoo @2.1    4 years ago

I'm sure they don't, but creepy Joe sure can recall the kiddies jumping on his lap.

Gazoo
Junior Silent
2.1.2  Gazoo  replied to  KDMichigan @2.1.1    4 years ago

And rubbing the fur on his legs 🙄

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.1.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  KDMichigan @2.1.1    4 years ago

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.1.3    4 years ago
Removed for context - sandy

That is pretty damn sick.

And I am sure you have the usual level of proof, right?

None.

Of course.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
2.1.5  Thrawn 31  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.4    4 years ago

[deleted]

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
2.1.6  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.1.3    4 years ago
Removed for context - sandy

Same old TDS response to Reade's complaint about Biden. 

I'm not surprised.

Maybe you can tell Reade that it is okay with you what she says Biden did to her because ,oh well 'But Trump'.

Pretty sad.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
2.1.7  Thrawn 31  replied to  KDMichigan @2.1.6    4 years ago

Maybe you can tell Trump's 12, 13, 14 god knows how many these days, accusers that it doesn't matter because, well, Trump?

How about that?

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
2.1.8  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  Thrawn 31 @2.1.7    4 years ago

So what do you think of the confirmation of Reade's story that that she was assaulted why'll a Biden staffer? 

FYI I welcome TDS responses on my seeds, I am well aware that that is all some people have.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
2.2  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  squiggy @2    4 years ago

Maybe Reade can get the same kind of polygraph Ford got. 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
3  seeder  KDMichigan    4 years ago

Well you must admit that this puts more relevance to her story than Ford's that had all the liberal media and democrats up in arms over Kavanaugh.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
4  Thrawn 31    4 years ago

Again, so what?

The election is between a guy who has been accused of sexual assault once, and a guy who has been accused of sexual assault/rape over a dozen times. 

Lol what the fuck are we even talking about here?

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
4.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  Thrawn 31 @4    4 years ago

Seriously, are [Deleted] really going to go the route of "forget our guy's rapes, what about your guy's sexual assault!"

And I will take my suspension. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2  Texan1211  replied to  Thrawn 31 @4    4 years ago
Again, so what?

The election is between a guy who has been accused of sexual assault once, and a guy who has been accused of sexual assault/rape over a dozen times. 

Lol what the fuck are we even talking about here?

Some like to point out the difference between what the media and left said was important during the Kavanaugh hearings and now that it is a Democrat being accused, it is suddenly different. Some might like to point out what Biden said during those hearings.

There is far more reason to believe Reade compared to Ford.

I believe both waited WAY too long to bring this to the public, but Ford didn't even have one person who said she told them about it until decades later.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
4.2.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2    4 years ago

I don't want to say anything about the accusers one way or the other. 

Again my point is there is a guy accused once, versus a guy accused of the same crime and worse over a dozen times.

So really, what the fuck are we even talking about here?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  Thrawn 31 @4.2.1    4 years ago
So really, what the fuck are we even talking about here?

Asked and answered.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
4.2.3  Thrawn 31  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.2    4 years ago

Nah, you were talking about Matt Damon or some shit. Not Biden (kinda rapey) or Trump (full on rapist).

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.4  Texan1211  replied to  Thrawn 31 @4.2.3    4 years ago
Nah, you were talking about Matt Damon or some shit. Not Biden (kinda rapey) or Trump (full on rapist).

Well, now I understand what the problem is. You don't seem to comprehend what I wrote. Not even a little bit.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
4.2.5  Thrawn 31  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.4    4 years ago

Oh is that the problem? Or are my jokes just not landing?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.6  Texan1211  replied to  Thrawn 31 @4.2.5    4 years ago
Oh is that the problem? Or are my jokes just not landing?

Pretty hard to hold a conversation with someone who doesn't even know what is being discussed.

When you tell a funny joke, maybe someone will laugh.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Thrawn 31 @4    4 years ago

Don't forget when he asked if it was wrong to be sexually attracted to his own daughter.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
4.3.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.3    4 years ago

Oh yeah, he is a total fucking child molester as well. [deleted,] but he talked about going backstage and watching a bunch of teenage girls in their dressing rooms. 

[deleted]

pat wilson
Professor Participates
4.3.2  pat wilson  replied to  Thrawn 31 @4.3.1    4 years ago

And they try to smear Joe Biden. SMH

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
4.3.3  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.3    4 years ago

When did he say that? More TDS bullshit.

Again what does TDS have to do with Reade's complaint against Biden?

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
4.3.4  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  pat wilson @4.3.2    4 years ago
And they try to smear Joe Biden. SMH

No one has to try.

So what do you think about court records confirming that Reade had a complaint of sexual harassment?

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
4.3.5  Raven Wing  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.3    4 years ago
if it was wrong to be sexually attracted to his own daughter

[Deleted]

That double standard is not acceptable. 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
4.3.6  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  Raven Wing @4.3.5    4 years ago

Other than Trump TDS and fantasizing about incest again, what do you think of court records revealing that Reade did complain about sexual harassment why'll a staffer for Joe Biden. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5  Sean Treacy    4 years ago

So many corroborating witnesses that something bad happened to this woman in Biden's office that it's hard to keep track of.  Strange how that's ignored by the same people who obsessed over an alleged high school assault claimed by a woman who couldn't even produce a witness who would testify that Kavanaugh ever so much as  met her. 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
5.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  Sean Treacy @5    4 years ago

Strange that a supporter of a multiple accused rapist would try to throw shade at a guy who has been accused (once) of sexual assault. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Thrawn 31 @5.1    4 years ago

How many rapes are okay with you?  Free pass on the first? I didn't know numbers mattered. 

But the issue is Biden's hypocrisy, not whether he actually raped this woman (which we likely never know the answer to).  I wouldn't call Trump a rapist for a thirty year old allegation If it surfaced tomorrow,and I'm not calling Biden a rapist either.  

Reade's allegation is much stronger than Blasey Fords, yet the same zealots willing to destroy Kavanaugh because in Biden's words, we must believe the basis of the allegation, now look the other way and won't pick a different democrat. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.1.1    4 years ago
But the issue is Biden's hypocrisy, not whether he actually raped this woman (which we likely never know the answer to).

The issue is Trump supporters and some on the Sanders left want Biden to be forced out of the race or otherwise disqualified for the presidency because he allegedly did the same thing Trump has been accused of, after which Trump still received 46% of the vote in 2016.   The "voters" decided that sexual assault allegations do not matter when choosing a president. 

So they cant matter for Biden either. Or else Trump voters are hypocrites. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.1.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.2    4 years ago

Of course Democrats can decide to nominate a man accused of rape if they want to. But Democrats and Joe Biden specifically are the one who just argued that 30 year old allegations of a public figure must be believed and  disqualify someone from higher office. Do you think that sort of craziness should just be forgotten?  

Biden's assault on due process to "get" Kavanaugh  should disqualify him from office. But since Democrats are perfectly fine with frenzied witch-hunts, it probably works in his favor.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
5.1.4  Raven Wing  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.1.3    4 years ago

Before you bad mouth Biden, get your multi-adulterer, pussy grabber without permission from the women whom he assaults, and who sleeps around with professional whores while his wife gives birth to his son, to clean up his own act. 

Then, and only then, will you, or anyone else, have any credibility to bad mouth Biden. If not, then you are just a hypocrite of the first water and have no real credibility whatsoever.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
5.1.5  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  Raven Wing @5.1.4    4 years ago

Again other than exhibiting TDS what do you think of court records revealing that Reade actually complained about sexual harassment why'll a staffer for creepy Joe Biden?

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1.6  bugsy  replied to  KDMichigan @5.1.5    4 years ago

tds-deniro.jpg?fit=648%2C540&ssl=1

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
5.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sean Treacy @5    4 years ago

I'm sorry Sean, but it is really funny to me to see you opine about Biden and then support Trump. That is true irony.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.2.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @5.2    4 years ago
I'm sorry Sean, but it is really funny to me to see you opine about Biden and then support Trump. That is true irony.

Tunnel vision

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.2.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @5.2    4 years ago

Well, I guess it's impossible to defend Biden without attacking me or Trump, who I didn't vote for. I'm asking why  Biden and his defenders don't hold Biden to the same stance Biden used to judge someone just a few months ago? Trump really has nothing to do with Biden's hypocrisy.

Can you defend Biden' stance that all women who claim that a politician assaulted them should be believed unless the politician is named Biden? Why does Biden believe college students who are accused of sexual assault bear the burden of proof but Joe Biden is innocent until proven guilty?  

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
5.2.4  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @5.2    4 years ago
That is true irony.

the real irony is that anyone believes anything MSM has said about trump over the last 3 yrs.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.2.5  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @5.2.2    4 years ago

Remember when you were part of the brigade arguing that inconsistencies in a sexual assault allegation made it more believable?  Have I  missed you trotting that out to defend Reade?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.2.6  JohnRussell  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @5.2.4    4 years ago
the real irony is that anyone believes anything MSM has said about trump over the last 3 yrs.

Now I've seen everything. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.2.7  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.2.5    4 years ago
Remember when you were part of the brigade arguing that inconsistencies in a sexual assault allegation made it more believable?

Don't recall that. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
5.2.8  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.2.3    4 years ago

One, I didn't attack you. I asked you a question, just like you're asking me. I didn't ask you if you voted for Trump, I asked you about your support of him, and clearly you do support him. 

You want to call Biden a hypocrite, I'm fine with that, as long as you can apply the same to Trump. And before you ask me to prove that, just google Trump hypocrite. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.2.9  Sean Treacy  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @5.2.8    4 years ago
u want to call Biden a hypocrite, I'm fine with that, as long as you can apply the same to Trump

If your point is that Biden is no different than Trump, I'm not going to argue it. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6  Sean Treacy    4 years ago

This is a tweet  from a Stanford Law Professor at  Jenniffer Palmieri, a Clinton campaign offical doing the typical  biden supporter  hand wringing about how they believe women, just not Reade..

"Tara Reade seemingly told everyone she ever met in the mid 1990s that Biden sexually harassed her. It's turned up everyone from court documents to her neighbor's front porch. What does she need, a DeLorean to take you back there?"