╌>

Supreme Court Temporarily Blocks Release of Mueller Grand Jury Docs

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  texan1211  •  4 years ago  •  7 comments

By:   Zachary Evans (MSN)

Supreme Court Temporarily Blocks Release of Mueller Grand Jury Docs
The court granted requests by the Justice Department to allow time to prepare briefs to make the case against releasing the documents.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The Supreme Court on Wednesday temporarily blocked the release of grand jury documents from the Mueller investigation to the House Judiciary Committee.

The court granted requests by the Justice Department to allow time to prepare briefs to make the case against releasing the documents. The DOJ has until June 1 to file a response.

House Democrats are seeking the documents to discover whether President Trump committed any impeachable offenses over the course of the Mueller investigation, which examined over the course of more than two-years whether the Trump campaign had colluded with Russian operatives to win the 2016 election. Special Counsel Robert Mueller ultimately found no evidence of collusion, but left open the possibility that Trump committed obstruction of justice in relation to the investigation.

"If this material reveals new evidence supporting the conclusion that President Trump committed impeachable offenses, the [Judiciary] Committee will proceed accordingly — including, if necessary, by considering whether to recommend new articles of impeachment," House general counsel Douglas Letter said.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R., Ky.) on Wednesday mocked the latest push to reveal the Mueller grand jury documents, saying Democrats were conducting "perpetual investigation, perpetual impeachment."

House Democrats passed two articles of impeachment against the president in December 2019, one for abuse of power and one for obstruction of Congress. The House Judiciary Committee attempted to obtain the Mueller grand jury documents throughout the course of its impeachment inquiry, but was ultimately unsuccessful as various appeals brought the case to the Supreme Court.

Senate Republicans ultimately voted down the articles of impeachment, with only Mitt Romney of Utah breaking ranks to vote to convict the president on obstruction of Congress.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Texan1211    4 years ago

Democrats--still tilting at windmills.

Sad.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
1.1  Snuffy  replied to  Texan1211 @1    4 years ago

Agreed.  Still searching for a crime.. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Texan1211    4 years ago

Seems like perhaps Democrats aren't quite so happy with their nominee if they still want to impeach the President (AGAIN!) with less than 6 months until the election they have assured everyone they will win in a cakewalk.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3  It Is ME    4 years ago

"House Democrats are seeking the documents to discover whether President Trump committed any impeachable offenses over the course of the Mueller investigation, which examined over the course of more than two-years whether the Trump campaign had colluded with Russian operatives to win the 2016 election. Special Counsel Robert Mueller ultimately found no evidence of collusion, but left open the possibility that Trump committed obstruction of justice in relation to the investigation."

BUT jrSmiley_97_smiley_image.gif

Schitty Schifty Shit already had unrefutably evidence of collusion and obstruction....as HE said for a couple years ! jrSmiley_87_smiley_image.gif

Don't tell me he really DIDN'T ! That would mean the entire impeachment process was a Hoax, and that's not even possible. jrSmiley_98_smiley_image.gif

Snuffy
Professor Participates
3.1  Snuffy  replied to  It Is ME @3    4 years ago

Didn't you get the memo?  You're no longer allowed to use the H*** word anymore.  That is verboten unless you are a card-carrying Democrat.    /s

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  Snuffy @3.1    4 years ago

Substitute the "H" word with ………. "BAMBOOZAL" ! jrSmiley_19_smiley_image.gif

Such a "Pretty" word ! jrSmiley_25_smiley_image.gif

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4  Sparty On    4 years ago

Oh, with all the swamp creatures involved in that investigation i have little doubt that any such evidence, if it existed, would have been leaked out long ago.

Tilting at windmills is right!