╌>

Lori Loughlin, Mossimo Giannulli agree to plead guilty, serve prison time in college admission scandal case: Details

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sister-mary-agnes-ample-bottom  •  4 years ago  •  18 comments

By:   Marisa Laudadio (MSN)

Lori Loughlin, Mossimo Giannulli agree to plead guilty, serve prison time in college admission scandal case: Details
After more than a year of fighting the charges, the actress has agreed to serve two months in prison while her designer husband will serve five months behind bars.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

It's over. Lori Loughlin and Mossimo Giannulli will serve prison time and pay a large fine after striking a plea deal in their college admissions cheating scam case, authorities announced on May 21.

It's a major about-face for the former "Full House" actress and her designer husband, who pleaded not guilty last year in the case that made global headlines after they were arrested in March 2019 and accused of paying a $500,000 bribe to get their daughters into the University of Southern California as crew team recruits despite neither girl participating in the sport.

According to the U.S. Attorney's Office in Massachusetts, the Los Angeles-based couple will plead guilty at an upcoming court date — specifically, Lori "will plead guilty to one count of conspiracy to commit wire and mail fraud," while her husband "will plead guilty to one count of conspiracy to commit wire and mail fraud and honest services wire and mail fraud."

Under the terms of the deal, which is subject to the court's approval, Lori will serve two months in prison, pay a $150,000 fine and serve two years of supervised release as well as do 100 hours of community service. Mossimo, however, will serve five months behind bars, pay a $250,000 fine, serve two years of supervised release and complete 250 hours of community service.

"Under the plea agreements filed today, these defendants will serve prison terms reflecting their respective roles in a conspiracy to corrupt the college admissions process and which are consistent with prior sentences in this case. We will continue to pursue accountability for undermining the integrity of college admissions," U.S. Attorney Andrew E. Lelling said in a Department of Justice press release.

The case has made headlines since the spring of 2019 when dozens of parents and educators were arrested and changed for their roles in the case, which investigators had dubbed "Operation Varsity Blues."

Another TV star, "Desperate Housewives" alum Felicity Huffman, was also implicated for paying a middleman $15,000 to help boost her daughter's SAT scores. But unlike Lori, who very publicly fought the case and insisted she and her husband had done nothing wrong, Felicity immediately pleaded guilty and publicly apologized for her behavior, a decision that pleased the judge. On Oct. 25, 2019, Felicity was released early from a California prison after serving 11 days of a two-week sentence.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    4 years ago

This would have been over for both of them ages ago had they not let their self-importance and extreme arrogance take center stage.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
2  Snuffy    4 years ago

Yep,  and very possibly without any time behind bars...   but some people's ego is just too large to keep hidden..

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3  It Is ME    4 years ago

"After more than a year of fighting the charges, the actress has agreed to serve two months in prison while her designer husband will serve five months behind bars."

WOW !

Lori, Lori, Lori.....it's been all about Lori !

Her Husband takes the Brunt. jrSmiley_97_smiley_image.gif

You go "Girl" !jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Women...….sheesh. jrSmiley_32_smiley_image.gif

Kavika
Professor Principal
4  Kavika     4 years ago

They seemed to think that they and their kids were ''special''.

A couple of months in the slammer will show them just how special they are.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.1  Gordy327  replied to  Kavika @4    4 years ago

Her daughter Jade must be po'd too. She was making millions off her Youtube channel, taking tropical vacation trips, things like that. Then this scandal monkey-wrenched all that.

Professor Guide
4.1.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Gordy327 @4.1    4 years ago
Her daughter Jade must be po'd too. She was making millions off her Youtube channel, taking tropical vacation trips, things like that. Then this scandal monkey-wrenched all that.

The daughter's stupid blabbery deserves some negative attention, as well.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.1.2  Gordy327  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @4.1.1    4 years ago

She turned her blabbery into a business, making over 7 figures if I am not mistaken. Can't argue with that result.

Professor Guide
4.1.3  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Gordy327 @4.1.2    4 years ago

I don't care how or in what context she makes her money.  It's the content of this particular video that I found particularly nauseating.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.1.4  Gordy327  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @4.1.3    4 years ago

She didn't want to go to college to begin with. She's only there because of her mother.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.1.5  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Gordy327 @4.1.4    4 years ago

She wanted the college party experience.  She could have had a house near the university and partied her ass off as she would blend in with the other students.

"I do want the experience of like game days, partying. I don’t really care about school, as you guys all know.”

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.1.6  Gordy327  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.1.5    4 years ago

That affirms what I said about her not wanting to go to college. But since she was essentially forced to go, she wants to have the college party experience like many college kids.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.1.7  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Gordy327 @4.1.6    4 years ago

I kind of did the same thing.  I didn't really want to go to college but I wanted to be on the rodeo team at the one I chose so badly that I put up with those pesky classes.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.2  It Is ME  replied to  Kavika @4    4 years ago
They seemed to think that they and their kids were ''special''.

Me, my wife and my kids are "Special"...… aren't you and yours ?

I just ain't got the bucks the "Loughlin/Giannulli" types have. jrSmiley_89_smiley_image.gif

But if I diiiiiid ………………….. who knows jrSmiley_97_smiley_image.gif

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Kavika @4    4 years ago

Hopefully, it will not be a club fed prison where it would be more like a vacation than a punishment.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5  Dismayed Patriot    4 years ago

From Full House to the Big House...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6  Trout Giggles    4 years ago

She got off light