╌>

Bolivian orchestra stranded at ‘haunted’ German castle surrounded by wolves

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  1stwarrior  •  4 years ago  •  14 comments

Bolivian orchestra stranded at ‘haunted’ German castle surrounded by wolves

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A Bolivian pan flute orchestra has been stuck in quarantine on the grounds of a grand 15th century palace outside of Berlin for two months. Over 20 members of the Orquesta Experimental de Instrumentos Nativos have been stuck on the grounds and buildings of Rheinsberg Palace, a castle, complete with moat, which has housed generations of German royals,   according to the BBC .

The group arrived in Germany on March 10 expecting to perform at the MaerzMusik festival — the same day Germany announced its ban on large gatherings, swiftly followed by a full country lockdown. A week later Bolivia closed its borders — and the group was stranded at the 600 acre estate surrounded by 23 packs of wolves and haunted by the ghost of Frederick the Great.

“We all joke that Frederick’s ghost is following us and trying to trip us up,” Camed Martela told the BBC. “I don’t usually believe in such things but it does feel as if there are ghosts on the grounds.”

Tracy Prado, who just joined the orchestra in December, ran into wolves during one of her walks.

“I froze in fear but they were just play fighting and moved on,” she said.

To pass the time, the group practices up to six hours a day, takes walks (looking out for wolves) and plays soccer.

Locals have donated food and clothing but the stay is getting expensive. Berno Odo Polzer, the director of MaerzMusik, estimated to the BBC that costs have exceeded $35,000 a month – and while Germany is allowing international flights, Bolivia’s borders are still shut.

The Bolivian embassy told the BBC it is trying to get the orchestra out by early June via Madrid, although they didn’t comment on how the musicians would get from Rheinsberg to Madrid.

In the meantime, “there are worse places to be trapped,” Miguel Cordoba told the BBC. “When I wake up, I watch the sun rise over the forest and the lake. Back home, I only hear the sound of traffic.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1  seeder  1stwarrior    4 years ago

But - did Drac show up?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2  Split Personality    4 years ago

interesting read on the wolves of Germany, where they came from (this time) and why...

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.1  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  Split Personality @2    4 years ago

Cool - let Mother Nature do her job.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
2.2  Freefaller  replied to  Split Personality @2    4 years ago

Due to post WWII occupation one thing Germany has plenty of is little used or empty military bases.  Between the British, Germans, Canadians and Americans there were at least 5 within an hour of where I was posted when there.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3  sandy-2021492    4 years ago
“there are worse places to be trapped,”

My thoughts exactly.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
3.1  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  sandy-2021492 @3    4 years ago

Hell, I'd like to visit the place and see if Freddie will come out.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3.1.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  1stwarrior @3.1    4 years ago

Same.  I've stayed in hotels and castles said to be haunted before.  Never an issue.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

I have had two paranormal experiences and would kill to be stuck there.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
5  lady in black    4 years ago

Cool, would love to hang out with Frederick the ghost!

Kavika
Professor Principal
6  Kavika     4 years ago

Jiibay ma'iigan gotaamigozi

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
6.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  Kavika @6    4 years ago
Jiibay ma'iigan gotaamigozi

Translation?

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Kavika   replied to  sandy-2021492 @6.1    4 years ago
Translation?

Sorry, I forgot I was speaking to my niece on the phone at the same time in Ojibwe.

''The Ghost Wolf is a deadly hunter''.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
6.2  Freefaller  replied to  Kavika @6    4 years ago

Awww what a cutie-pie!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.2.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Freefaller @6.2    4 years ago

My mother used to make the same face as in the second picture if you drank the last Coke.