When you are too invested in bigotry that you willingly choke your own dog.

Category:  News & Politics

By:  john-russell  •  2 months ago  •  323 comments

When you are too invested in bigotry that you willingly choke your own dog.

Melody Cooper

@melodyMcooper

· 8h

Oh, when Karens take a walk with their dogs off leash in the famous Bramble in NY’s Central Park, where it is clearly posted on signs that dogs MUST be leashed at all times, and someone like my brother (an avid birder) politely asks her to put her dog on the leash.

=======================================================

video at link

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
smarty_function_ntUser_is_admin: user_id parameter required
[]

JohnRussell
1  author  JohnRussell    2 months ago

JohnRussell
2  author  JohnRussell    2 months ago

She seems to be kind of hysterical. 

I was willing to take her side until she said she was going to call the cops and say there was an "African American" man threatening her life. 

Thats way over the top for this situation. 

user image
2.1    replied to  JohnRussell @2    one month ago

The dog seems pretty upset....

sandy-2021492
3  sandy-2021492    2 months ago

She is an all-around piece of shit human being (and I use that term loosely).

shona1
4  shona1    2 months ago

A/noon. Another one who thinks she is above the law. It is clearly sign posted dogs to be kept on the lead. She has had her 15 minutes of fame. A case of the minority stuffing it up again for the majourity and she got sprung. So instead of taking the blame plays the racist card. Hope she got fined for disobeying the law, animal abuse and making a false report to the Police. Sick of ferals here and around the world being a pain in the arse....

Kavika
5  Kavika     2 months ago

Ahh the old fall back, a black/brown/red/yellow man did it. 

It never seems to end.

They should arrest the idiot for animal abuse. No way this dingbat deserves to have a dog.

Paula Bartholomew
5.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Kavika @5    2 months ago

Too bad that dog didn't bite her.  I hope at least that the dog left her a present in her favorite shoes after they got home.

1stwarrior
6  1stwarrior    2 months ago

More click bait.

Kavika
6.1  Kavika   replied to  1stwarrior @6    2 months ago

What clickbait? The dingbat damn near chocked her dog to death all the white being ''threated'' by an African American man...

It's always a good thing to point out animal abuse and bullshit lies about an ''African American'' man threatening her.

Tacos!
7  Tacos!    2 months ago
when Karens take a walk

Why do people engage in this? I know several Karens and they're all nice people. Some of them deeply resent that the internet has turned their name into a slur.

Paula Bartholomew
7.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tacos! @7    2 months ago

I have been wondering why the reference to Karens.  Do you how that got started and why?  I have a cousin named Karen.

Paula Bartholomew
7.1.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Ozzwald @7.1.1    2 months ago

I feel badly for the Karens out there who are good and thoughtful people.

evilgenius
7.1.3  evilgenius  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @7.1    2 months ago
Do you how that got started and why?

I read somewhere weeks ago it started on Reddit with a poster talking about an actually Karen.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
7.1.4  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @7.1.2    2 months ago

I have to agree with you there. There are real-life Karens getting their name besmirched 

JohnRussell
7.1.5  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @7.1.4    2 months ago

I never heard of the reference before this morning. 

Suz
7.1.6  Suz  replied to  Ozzwald @7.1.1    2 months ago

I did not know that about the name, Karen.   Thank you.

What's scary to me is the woman's real name is already posted to Wikipedia as an example of a Karen.  Can people use Wikipedia to out someone they simply don't like?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
7.1.7  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1.5    2 months ago

It's a NY term. They used to be called JAP's (Jewish American Princess), but since the word Jap is not nice, and many people who are like this are not Jewish, they came up with this name. In London, they are called Beckies which is the nickname for Rebecca because of a girl with that name making a similar scene. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
7.1.8  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Suz @7.1.6    2 months ago
What's scary to me is the woman's real name is already posted to Wikipedia as an example of a Karen.  Can people use Wikipedia to out someone they simply don't like?

Wow, I didn't know that! Could they be referring to the original Karen or is it specific to this event?

That is a scary thought!

JohnRussell
7.1.9  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Suz @7.1.6    2 months ago
Can people use Wikipedia to out someone they simply don't like?

That doesnt sound right. Wikipedia is supposed to be an encyclopedia. I dont think this woman belongs in an encyclopedia. 

Suz
7.1.10  Suz  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @7.1.8    2 months ago

It's specific to this event, and yes, it is a very scary thought. 

I know a few people will be angry for me asking, but do the punishments fit the crime?   

Are we to consider her apology as nothing more than a hollow gesture or do we let social media run amok again?

Should this have been worked out between the two parties or did this man feel he was justified for posting his video?

Does better to be safe than sorry no longer apply in today's world?

Tacos!
8  Tacos!    2 months ago

The dog does appear to be off-leash in the beginning, but she also is holding him by the collar. If the dog was running loose, it would have been better if he had caught that part on video.

JohnRussell
8.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @8    2 months ago

Is it your "argument" that they guy may have been making the problem up?   I dont get the purpose of your comment, other than the usual.  

Tacos!
8.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1    2 months ago

It seems like a straightforward enough question. If he was trying to expose someone with their dog off leash, why did he not post a video to that effect? And if that wasn’t the point, why is he recording her?

Kavika
9  Kavika     2 months ago

A white woman has apologized after calling police on a black man and saying 'there's an African American man threatening my life'

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/26/us/central-park-video-dog-video-african-american-trnd/index.html

JohnRussell
9.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Kavika @9    2 months ago

The woman may lose her job over this. 

I used to walk my dog in a city park not far from my house and I would regularly see other dog owners there with their dogs off the leash. Not uncommonly they would run up to my dog, who was on a leash and bark at him and rile him up and I never knew if there was going to be a dog fight because idiots refuse to keep their dogs on a leash in the park. 

Maybe her losing her job will be a lesson to people. 

Snuffy
9.1.1  Snuffy  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1    2 months ago
Maybe her losing her job will be a lesson to people. 

I'm afraid I doubt she will learn anything from this.  Stupid people can't seem to understand where they have done wrong. The only reason why she apologized was because of her employer placed her on administrative leave and may fire her. She was caught and is trying to save her ass. But I seriously doubt she will learn anything from this and I feel confident that if she does lose her job she will blame the video and the "black man".

KDMichigan
9.1.2  KDMichigan  replied to  Snuffy @9.1.1    2 months ago

I'm sure if she puts on her pussy hat and reaffirms her hatred for Donald Trump the left will forgive her and make excuses for her actions.

Paula Bartholomew
9.1.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1    2 months ago

At the very least, she should have the dog taken away and be banned from owning another.

pat wilson
9.1.4  pat wilson  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @9.1.3    2 months ago

That happened. The dog is back in the shelter she adopted him from a few years ago.

Suz
9.1.5  Suz  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1    2 months ago

I tell people to be cautious when walking their pets because in my city, you never know who has a gun.  

Trout Giggles
9.1.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  pat wilson @9.1.4    one month ago

Good! And I could care less if she hates trmp and owns a pussy hat!

Paula Bartholomew
9.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Kavika @9    2 months ago

She mostly likely only backpedaled because the video went viral and she was busted.

Kathleen
9.3  Kathleen  replied to  Kavika @9    2 months ago

Alrighty then...  I read where the conversation was... "If you are going to do what you want, then I am going to do what I want and you are not going to like it."  As a woman and if any race said that to me, I would be rather concerned.  She should have had her dog on a leash, but he did not word that in a good way.  

igknorantzrulz
10  igknorantzrulz    2 months ago

what a Bitch

igknorantzrulz
10.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  igknorantzrulz @10    2 months ago

the woman, that is

JBB
11  JBB    2 months ago

There is a word for Karens like her not used in polite society...outside of kennels!

sandy-2021492
11.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  JBB @11    2 months ago

I just saw a gif with that a few days ago.  Hilarious!

igknorantzrulz
11.1.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  sandy-2021492 @11.1    2 months ago

not really Karen about Karens, what might they be...

an acronym where the K might stand for Koo koo ka chew

or possibly

Kennel acquired ruff edged  nuff said...?

KDMichigan
12  KDMichigan    2 months ago

[ deleted ]

Amy Cooper told CNN she wanted to "publicly apologize to everyone."
"I'm not a racist. I did not mean to harm that man in any way," she said, adding that she also didn't mean any harm to the African American community.
https://heavy.com/news/2020/05/amy-cooper-video-new-york/

JohnRussell
13  author  JohnRussell    2 months ago
removed for context

I suppose then that when Republicans are [Deleted

Vic Eldred
13.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @13    2 months ago
I suppose then that when Republicans are outed for being racist they are proud of it. 

I didn't read that. Please show me where it says that she was a Republican.

JohnRussell
13.1.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.1    2 months ago

I'm not responsible for you misunderstanding what I said. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
13.1.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.1    2 months ago

Vic,

No one knows her political affiliation, but KD said some nasty comments about her probably being a dem and so I think this is a payback post.  

Vic Eldred
13.1.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @13.1.2    2 months ago

John & I are supposed to be above "payback posts" or even stealing article titles to score points.

No worries!

KDMichigan
13.1.4  KDMichigan  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @13.1.2    2 months ago
but KD said some nasty comments about her

Saying she sounds like a typical democrat is a nasty comment about her? 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
13.1.5  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  KDMichigan @13.1.4    2 months ago

In the context that you used it, yes. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
13.1.6  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.1.3    2 months ago

Vic,

I wasn't talking about you or John. I really wish if you would just ask me, instead of accusing me. 

squiggy
13.1.7  squiggy  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @13.1.2    2 months ago
I think this is a payback post. 

That's funny. When I do it, all I hear is that, "Two wrongs..." shit.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
13.1.8  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  squiggy @13.1.7    2 months ago

Had I been talking to KD that is what I would have said, but I was talking to Vic. 

Geeze you guys really make a sport out of trying to trip me up. 

JohnRussell
13.1.9  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @13.1.8    2 months ago

No one can trip you up. 

Paula Bartholomew
13.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @13    2 months ago

You have to remember that he/she supports a racist

[deleted]

Sparty On
14  Sparty On    2 months ago

Silly woman, fell right into his trap.

Vic Eldred
14.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @14    2 months ago

You mean somebody randomly filming a woman?  Ya, that is taboo. I wouldn't never do that.

Sparty On
14.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @14.1    2 months ago

It's funny, i've train my share of dogs and that dog is clearly out of control.    The ironic thing related to the title of this article is she probably had it on the leash and took it off because the dog was doing the choke walk.   Anyone who has trained a dog like that knows what i mean.

Vic Eldred
14.1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @14.1.1    2 months ago

I'm not what anyone would call "a dog person."  Is the "choke walk" when a dog on a leash starts rearing up, walking on it's hind legs?

Sparty On
14.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @14.1.2    2 months ago

Yeah, pulls on the leash so hard they choke themselves.   Dogs like that are completely out of control and need major work.  

Myself, i wouldn't be walking it in a public park like that until i got the dog under better control.

JohnRussell
14.1.4  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @14.1.1    2 months ago
It's funny, i've train my share of dogs and that dog is clearly out of control.    The ironic thing related to the title of this article is she probably had it on the leash and took it off because the dog was doing the choke walk.

In the beginning of the video the dog is sitting there calmly. It is only when she is constantly lifting the dog off the ground by his neck that he becomes agitated. 

You may be right that the dog is generally out of control, or you may be wrong.  There is no evidence in the video either way. All we see is her lifting the dog by it's neck. That doesnt tell us how the dog was behaving before the video started. 

KDMichigan
14.1.5  KDMichigan  replied to  JohnRussell @14.1.4    2 months ago
Christian Cooper, who described himself as an avid bird-watcher, was out birding between 7:30 a.m. and 8 a.m. Monday in the Ramble, a section of Central Park full of winding paths and thick greenery that attracts over 230 bird species.
That's when he says he saw a dog off its leash.
"That's important to us birders because we know that dogs won't be off leash at all and we can go there to see the ground-dwelling birds," Christian Cooper said. "People spend a lot of money and time planting in those areas as well. Nothing grows in a dog run for a reason."

Amy Cooper told CNN she was walking her unleashed dog, knowing that it was against the rules.
"He was running in an open field. This man, he was bird-watching. He came out of the bush," she said, adding that Christian Cooper was screaming at her.
Christian Cooper said the dog was "tearing through the plantings," and he told Amy Cooper the dog needed to be on a leash. He said he was not screaming at Amy Cooper, and "was actually pretty calm."
The two went back-and-forth about the dog leash. Christian Cooper, according to his Facebook post, then told her: "Look, if you're going to do what you want, I'm going to do what I want, but you're not going to like it."
"I didn't know what that meant. When you're alone in a wooded area, that's absolutely terrifying, right?" Amy Cooper said.
Christian Cooper said he then pulled out dog treats. He told CNN he keeps dog treats with him to get dog owners to put their dogs on leashes because, in his experience, dog owners hate when a stranger feeds their dog treats and immediately restrain their dogs afterward.
Amy Cooper said he was throwing them at her dog. Christian Cooper said he never threw any treats.
And that's when he started recording the incident, he said on Facebook.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/26/us/central-park-video-dog-video-african-american-trnd/index.html

Sparty On
14.1.6  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @14.1.4    2 months ago

Hey, i'm not defender her, far from it.   As someone else here noted she is clearly disturbed.   Something the person taking the video clearly does not take into account by pressing his attack.   And make no mistake it was an attack.    Otherwise he would have stopped recording when she asked him to.

Both people in this case acted stupidly and the poor dog was paying the price.   The dog is the only one here blameless really.  

There are no bad dogs, only bad dog owners.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
14.1.7  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @14.1    2 months ago

She is not the victim here. NYers will tell you that various parts of the park have rules that are supposed to be followed. It is a well known fact, that dogs are not allowed to run in the Rambles in Central Park because of the bird watchers. He apparently asked her to put her dog on a leash... but the dog is not on a leash. I would take a film of this these days. People are a bit of the hinge and without film, it's a she said, he said. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
14.1.8  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sparty On @14.1.6    2 months ago

I have to agree with you about the dog. He needed to be in a harness and not a choke collar. The poor dog is now paying the price. 

But that was not an attack. That was proof. She broke the well-known rules. Otherwise it's a she said/ he said. I would have done the same thing. The cops in NY always ask if you have any witness, and clearly there were none. My only additional commentary is that he should have taken video of the dog running around, too. 

Vic Eldred
14.1.9  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @14.1.7    2 months ago

I never called anyone a victim....Did I?

As for keeping dogs on leashes, I'm a huge supporter of that - in or out of Central Park.

There is a lot going on there beyond the rules of Central Park. You say that the film was needed to prove the dog was off the leash, yet even after capturing all of that we reach the point of the woman acting hysterical and still the camera keeps running! How come?

Also there is the curious case of her identity being revealed and her "suspension" from work. Does any of that seem appropriate?  

Please explain.

Sparty On
14.1.10  Sparty On  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @14.1.8    2 months ago
But that was not an attack.

I disagree, he had already got what he needed and could have stopped when she asked him.   Him continuing to video her clearly sent her off the rails.   He could have stopped and calmly continued asking her to put the dog on the leash.

He escalated it by continuing to video which he didn't need to do at that point.

This a case where cell phones become a scourge.   Everyone thinks they are an Avenger and/or Cecil B Demille.   He acted as stupidly as her in that regard imo.

The Magic Eight Ball
14.1.11  The Magic Eight Ball  replied to  Sparty On @14.1.10    2 months ago
He escalated it by continuing to video which he didn't need to do at that point.

he only protected himself by continuing. if he had "cut tape" when she demanded he would not have all the video evidence that he did nothing to her.

getting her continued rants on tape made his case that she was bat schit crazy and he did nothing wrong.

anyone out in public can be filmed and no one filming in public needs anyone else's permission to do so.

her "feelings" about that, are her problem and hers alone.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
14.1.12  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @14.1.9    2 months ago

Vic, I never said you did. I do believe those are my words.

And why was the woman behaving hysterically? He never approached her. In fact, at first, she got in his face and not the other way around. I would have kept the video going since she says he is attacking her, which he is not.

Also there is the curious case of her identity being revealed and her "suspension" from work. Does any of that seem appropriate?  

Well, social media at its best. It was posted. Probably, someone who knows her revealed who she was. There is no solid information about that.

Sparty On
14.1.13  Sparty On  replied to  The Magic Eight Ball @14.1.11    2 months ago

Or he could have simply moved on.

I don't think the world was going to end with one crazy lady walking with an unleashed dog in the park.

But that's just my opinion, i could be wrong.

Paula Bartholomew
14.1.14  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Sparty On @14.1.1    2 months ago

IYO, does using a leash harness work better for a lot of dogs?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
14.1.15  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sparty On @14.1.10    2 months ago
I disagree, he had already got what he needed and could have stopped when she asked him.   Him continuing to video her clearly sent her off the rails.   He could have stopped and calmly continued asking her to put the dog on the leash.

And what proof would he have had, if she said something happened after the filming ended? She was obviously a bit nuts to begin with. And for the record, I have had this happen to me with my kids. There was a mom who freaked out on me, because she said that my daughter took the horse that her daughter wanted on the carousel. I didn't freak out. I waited till the police came and they watched the video. The other mother was escorted out of the park. btw.. I was not the one taking the video.

This a case where cell phones become a scourge.   Everyone thinks they are an Avenger and/or Cecil B Demille.   He acted as stupidly as her in that regard imo.

There is good and bad with the phones. Innocent people have found justice from videos, and innocent people have had an invasion of their personal space, too. What I dislike is what social media does with these videos. It then becomes weaponized. 

Sparty On
14.1.16  Sparty On  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @14.1.14    2 months ago

Hell yes, harnesses are usually much better imo.   Especially when training tougher dogs

Much easier to control the animal, it doesn't choke them and it's tougher for the dog to reach back and bite you.

Sparty On
14.1.17  Sparty On  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @14.1.15    2 months ago

Well, we disagree on this then.

Kathleen
14.1.18  Kathleen  replied to  KDMichigan @14.1.5    2 months ago

I just pointed out above that he said " Look, I you are going to do what you want, then I am going to do what I want and you are not going to like it" That would scare me too as a woman with any race.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
14.1.19  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sparty On @14.1.13    2 months ago

There are rules in the park so that everyone can enjoy the park. There are several dog runs where he could have been off his leash. But the Rambles are constantly being repaired due to dogs. There are signs up all through the Rambles asking people to be considerate. 

https://www.centralpark.com/things-to-do/attractions/ramble/

Sorry, but she is not special and hence the tag name "Karen". Karen's are people who think they are better than the rules and that they deserve special treatment. 

Sparty On
14.1.20  Sparty On  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @14.1.19    2 months ago

No need to get snippy.   I've never denied she was breaking "the rules."

Kavika
14.1.21  Kavika   replied to  Paula Bartholomew @14.1.14    2 months ago

I train the bully breeds on a regular basis getting them ready for adoption. The bully breeds are Staffordshire Terrier, Bull Terrier, American Bulldog etc etc. 

I use a couple of methods when training these very powerful dogs to be good on a leash. If they choke pull I usually drop the leash low and not move forward with them. I also use a harness for them or a prong collar. The old ''tree method'' usually works. When they start pulling stop and act like a tree, the dog will eventually stop pulling. 

When dealing with 50 to 90 lbs breeds having control is essential especially if they have a tendency to be aggressive. 

From what I've read she recently got this dog from a rescue shelter. You NEVER let a newly acquired dog off-leash in a public area. That is asking for a lot of problems. 

Grabbing the dog by the collar was ignorant. She left herself open to being bitten if the dog really panicked and she was choking him which will make it fight even more. 

This is Carmella, a 70 lb American Staffordshire Terrier. She was badly abused and I suspect was used for dogfighting because of some of the scars and her reaction to other dogs. She was frightened which made her aggressive. I worked with her for 6 months and she is now gentle as a lamp and great on a leash. When I first started her on a leash she could/would pull you right off your feet. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
14.1.22  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  The Magic Eight Ball @14.1.11    2 months ago

Thank you Magic. Apparently if I say that, I have an agenda. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
14.1.23  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sparty On @14.1.20    2 months ago

OK I am really getting annoyed. Please show me where in my informative post that I got snippy with you. 

Sparty On
14.1.24  Sparty On  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @14.1.23    2 months ago
OK I am really getting annoyed.

Don't worry, i beat you there.

I'm out ....

Perrie Halpern R.A.
14.1.25  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sparty On @14.1.24    2 months ago

Sorry you feel the need to be "out" but I will not be accused of doing something I didn't do. It's been a constant theme in this article and I am very careful with my words. 

Kathleen
14.1.26  Kathleen  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @14.1.14    2 months ago

Yes, they are more humane.  If I owned a dog, I would use that. My niece's dog Tootsie uses one.

Sparty On
14.1.27  Sparty On  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @14.1.25    2 months ago

There you go again, with the snippy attitude.   You are "sorry" i feel the need?   Well lucky me.

I'm out because i know there is no point to this discussion.   I won't agree with you and you won't agree with me.

Would you like to keep throwing personal indignation's at each other or would you care to stop?   Your call.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
14.1.28  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sparty On @14.1.27    2 months ago

Look, Sparty, my original comment here: 14.1.19 you called snippy. It was not. And yes I was annoyed since everything I say seems to elicit something I never meant. How would you feel if every comment you made, was taken the wrong way?

I was being sincere when I said I was sorry, about you being out.  but I am tired of feeling under attack for everything I say.

Can we call it a day, and chalk this up to a misunderstanding?

Sparty On
14.1.29  Sparty On  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @14.1.28    2 months ago
Can we call it a day,

Yes, that's what i was trying to do.   We don't have to agree on everything and thats okay by me.

pat wilson
14.1.30  pat wilson  replied to  Sparty On @14.1.6    2 months ago
by pressing his attack. 

So videoing someone is an attack ? She actually came forward and got in his face, as he backed up.

Suz
14.1.31  Suz  replied to  KDMichigan @14.1.5    one month ago

You don't accept dog treats from a stranger and you sure as heck don't let your dog have them if a person is arguing with you about the dog.

KDMichigan
14.1.32  KDMichigan  replied to  Suz @14.1.31    one month ago

See my post below. 

You give my dog a treat I will probably punch you in the throat.

Oh she has no teeth so she would probably choke on it is why you would get punched in the throat.

KDMichigan
14.1.33  KDMichigan  replied to  Suz @14.1.31    one month ago
Christian Cooper said he then pulled out dog treats. He told CNN he keeps dog treats with him to get dog owners to put their dogs on leashes because, in his experience, dog owners hate when a stranger feeds their dog treats and immediately restrain their dogs afterward

This right here, he purposefully agitated the situation by his own admittance. I am not excusing her behavior, but this in my eyes is a case of it takes two to tango.

Greg Jones
15  Greg Jones    2 months ago

Is Karen another name for a liberal New Yorker?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
15.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Greg Jones @15    2 months ago

No, just an entitled, selfish woman. 

Tacos!
15.3  Tacos!  replied to  Greg Jones @15    one month ago

It's a way for immature people to imagine they are smart.

Dean Moriarty
16  Dean Moriarty    2 months ago

It looks to me like she is suffering from psychosis. This is probably a mental health issue. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
16.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Dean Moriarty @16    2 months ago

Vote up on that comment Dean. Indeed she seems nuts. 

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
17  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    2 months ago

If I were sincerely frightened (for whatever reason), I would be attaching leash to dog and hauling my ass right out of there via feet-don't-fail-me-now mode.  Ms. Cooper seemed more concerned with being filmed, than being harmed.

On the flip side, Mr. Cooper seemed well-prepared for this kind of encounter...with his offensive dog treats at the ready.

Central Park this morning: This woman's dog is tearing through the plantings in the Ramble.

ME: Ma'am, dogs in the Ramble have to be on the leash at all times. The sign is right there.
HER: The dog runs are closed. He needs his exercise.
ME: All you have to do is take him to the other side of the drive, outside the Ramble, and you can let him run off leash all you want.
HER: It's too dangerous.
ME: Look, if you're going to do what you want, I'm going to do what I want, but you're not going to like it.
HER: What's that?
ME (to the dog): Come here, puppy!
HER: He won't come to you.
ME: We'll see about that...

I pull out the dog treats I carry for just for such intransigence. I didn't even get a chance to toss any treats to the pooch before Karen scrambled to grab the dog.

HER: DON'T YOU TOUCH MY DOG!!!!!

That's when I started video recording with my iPhone, and when her inner Karen fully emerged and took a dark turn..

Source   (worth a read, btw)

JohnRussell
17.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @17    2 months ago

Good find sister. 

17.1.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  JohnRussell @17.1    2 months ago
Good find sister. 

This lady was so nuts, it didn't make sense...unless there was dialogue prior to the posted beginning of the video.  Don't get me wrong, if it were me in this instance, and I was frightened of this person, running would be my first move.  I also noticed that she was looking up really high to meet his direct look.  I wanted see if I could determine how big this guy is.  That's when I found the 5 Facts article where a bit more of Mr. Cooper's story came out, including the fact that, according to him, his sister edited and then uploaded the video. The following dialogue was not included on the video, but was included as part of a post by Mr. Cooper.  

ME: All you have to do is take him to the other side of the drive, outside the Ramble, and you can let him run off leash all you want.
HER: It's too dangerous.
ME: Look, if you're going to do what you want, I'm going to do what I want, but you're not going to like it.
HER: What's that?
HER: He won't come to you.
ME: We'll see about that...

She tells him his suggestion is too dangerous.  His response to her is indeed terrifying.  ME: Look, if you're going to do what you want, I'm going to do what I want, but you're not going to like it.

Keep in mind those are his own words, and they are quite menacing, even in print.  

Two sides, I guess.  

Perrie Halpern R.A.
17.1.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @17.1.1    2 months ago

This then becomes a story of two Karens. 

She knows the rules. Her dog is not special. There are many dog runs throughout the park and other spaces that they can be off a leash. 

And while he is obviously a Rambler, he thinks he is the Rambles personal protector, which he is not (although he is probably a volunteer there, since he seems very prepared) that comment does sound menacing although a woman could have said the same comment and I am sure it would have received a different reaction. 

Dean Moriarty
17.2  Dean Moriarty  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @17    2 months ago

This is why they invented serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) like Paxil. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
17.2.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Dean Moriarty @17.2    2 months ago

OMG you're killing me Dean. ROFLMAO!!

Vic Eldred
17.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @17    2 months ago
Ms. Cooper seemed more concerned with being filmed, than being harmed.

Any thoughts on women randomly being filmed?

Just Jim NC TttH
17.3.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Vic Eldred @17.3    2 months ago

Quite frankly if I were walking my dog and someone, random stranger, wanted to give my dog a treat, I would have said no also. You just never know with people these days.

As for the filming, isn't that a privacy invasion if it takes more than a few seconds. A picture or two would have provided the same "no collar" evidence.

JMHO

Vic Eldred
17.3.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @17.3.1    2 months ago

Least of all in Central Park!

lib50
17.3.3  lib50  replied to  Vic Eldred @17.3    2 months ago

Black people seem to need video evidence to protect themselves from interactions with entitled white people. And cops.  Any thoughts on her breaking the law letting her dog run without a leash?  Or her instinct to call 911 and tell them a black man was threatening her (when he wasn't)?

pat wilson
17.3.4  pat wilson  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @17.3.1    2 months ago

You don't have a "reasonable expectation of privacy" in a public park.

Vic Eldred
17.3.5  Vic Eldred  replied to  lib50 @17.3.3    2 months ago
Black people seem to need video evidence to protect themselves from interactions with entitled white people.

That was going to be my next question for Perrie - Suppose the guy with the camera had been white or suppose the woman hadn't identified him as "African-American?

Would she have had her identity exposed in that case?

Would she have been "suspended" in that case?

Would this have ever been a "news story" to begin with in that case?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
17.3.6  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @17.3.5    2 months ago

I have seen this kind of behavior (filming of each other) in both the playground, the hawk watch/ Strawberry Fields and in the zoo at the park. I have seen every variation of peoples doing this to each other. It is always a pissy event. Central Park has various rules depending on parts of the park, and the rules are there for the enjoyment of everyone in the park. When people break these rules, they usually do so knowingly, and because they feel special. 

So now given an explanation of the park I will answer Vic.

Suppose the guy with the camera had been white or suppose the woman hadn't identified him as "African-American?

Suppose what? The scene would have probably gone down. The descriptors would have been different.

Would she have had her identity exposed in that case?

He posted it on social media.   

Would she have been "suspended" in that case?

That is up to company policy. 

Would this have ever been a "news story" to begin with in that case?

Sure it would. Think of all the videos that BF posts of people behaving badly.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
17.3.7  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  pat wilson @17.3.4    2 months ago
You don't have a "reasonable expectation of privacy" in a public park.

That is true, but I have reported men to the police who were taking videos of children in the playgrounds that had no children there (I always ask first, since there are plenty of dads in the park, but you usually can tell by age and interactions). The police always make them erase the video and move on. 

evilgenius
17.3.8  evilgenius  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @17.3.7    2 months ago

The actual law about taking photos and video in public places is clear. There is no reasonable expectation of privacy and if the person filming did not want to stop or erase the video/photos they would win in any court. It has to get to court though. The cops can harass and arrest you just because they feel like it and let you go without charges later. Then it's up to that person to hire a lawyer, get back their equipment and all the other bs that goes with it. 

That said ethical photographers do not take photos of other people's children without permission. It's just plain creepy.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
17.3.9  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  evilgenius @17.3.8    2 months ago

When it comes to the children's playgrounds, the police are more worried about the safety of the children over all else. Most of the police are on horses in the park and they don't engage on the level of harassment. 

JohnRussell
17.3.10  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @17.3.5    2 months ago

What is your point Vic? That black people shouldnt video white people being racist because it hurts some white peoples feelings? 

Vic Eldred
17.3.11  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @17.3.6    2 months ago
Sure it would.

No Perrie, I don't think so. As alluded to in your first sentence, this stuff goes on a lot. When she called the police and said "there is an African-American man" is when it became a news story and here we are with everyone diving in.

By the way she was fired.

JohnRussell
17.3.12  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @17.3.11    2 months ago

People get fired all the time in America "at will" which often means your boss doesnt like you or wants to give your job to his wife's brother. 

I feel sorry because her world turned upside down over something ultimately trivial, but again, people have lost their jobs for all sorts of trivial reasons. 

Hopefully she will grow as a person because of it. 

JohnRussell
17.3.13  author  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @17.3.12    2 months ago
By the way she was fired.

"Following our internal review of the incident in Central Park yesterday, we have made the decision to terminate the employee involved, effective immediately. We do not tolerate racism of any kind at Franklin Templeton,"   the company said on Twitter .

Amy Cooper was walking her dog Monday morning while Christian Cooper (no relation) was bird-watching   at a wooded area of Central Park called the Ramble . They both told CNN their dispute began because her dog was not on a leash, contrary to the Ramble's rules, according to   the park's website .

Christian Cooper recorded video of part of their encounter and   posted it on Facebook , where it has since been shared thousands of times and became a trending topic on Twitter. In the video, he is largely silent while she frantically tells police he is threatening her and her dog.

"I'm taking a picture and calling the cops," Amy Cooper is heard saying in the video. "I'm going to tell them there's an African American man threatening my life."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/amy-cooper-white-woman-who-called-police-on-a-black-man-in-central-park-has-been-fired/ar-BB14AFRK?ocid=uxbndlbing

Vic Eldred
17.3.14  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @17.3.12    2 months ago

She was fired because business is intimidated by political correctness. 

This is a non-story. I saw it on Fox News this morning and I said to myself it's gonna be posted on NT!

Vic Eldred
17.3.15  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @17.3.10    2 months ago
What is your point Vic?

You know my point.

That black people shouldnt video white people being racist because it hurts some white peoples feelings? 

That was the story wasn't it?  Can you admit it was about race and hate-filled lefties in the media?

No you can't. Didn't think so.

JohnRussell
17.3.16  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @17.3.14    2 months ago

Her behavior reflected poorly on the company, in their opinion. 

C'est la vie. 

We often hear that "racism" doesnt exist anymore.   I think a phone call to 911 when you tell the dispatcher that an "African American" man is threatening your life qualifies as every day racism.  She didnt have to tell the dispatcher the guy was black, certainly not until if and when she was asked to identify him by the police. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
17.3.17  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @17.3.15    2 months ago

Vic,

It is a two way street. We have carried loads of stories where blacks look really bad and then everyone makes comments about their bad behavior. You know that this is true. 

This one is not as cut and dry. She is clearly out of her mind. She used the right word "African American" (I would have just said black man), and she is breaking the park rules. All in all, this video to me, looks like she's an idiot. 

Now for the guy who posted it, maybe he had an agenda. But once it was out there it became news. And let's face it, we are all sick of reading about the pandemic, so there was something else to write about. 

JohnRussell
17.3.18  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @17.3.15    2 months ago
 That black people shouldnt video white people being racist because it hurts some white peoples feelings? That was the story wasn't it?  Can you admit it was about race and hate-filled lefties in the media?No you can't. Didn't think so.

I think the most telling thing in the video is when she walks toward the man and says

"I'm going to tell them there's an African American man threatening my life. "

There is nothing in the video, or in the story, to suggest he was threatening her life. 

She did in fact call the police, and told them exactly that. She was more than willing to get this man in trouble with the law, and to say he was black. 

It blew up in her face. We call that (mostly) instant karma. 

JohnRussell
17.3.19  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @17.3.15    2 months ago

Vic, ask yourself a question, and be honest. 

If the man had called , whoever, and reported her, do you think he would have started off telling the authorities "there is a white woman here who has her dog off the leash".  ? 

Be honest. 

Vic Eldred
17.3.20  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @17.3.19    one month ago
Be honest. 

I can see why somebody would think there was racism involved when her first description was confined to him being an African-American man. Later we hear her add that he was wearing a bike helmet as she began using his race along with other characteristics as identifying details. Honestly, I really can't say if she was racist or not. 

Now it's your turn for a bit of honesty.  It was Mr. Cooper's decision to post that video on facebook. From there it was investigated by the usual outraged extremists and by Monday someone who said they had been the white woman’s dog walker identified her. The New York Times picked it up as a major news story. I knew it would be posted on NT (as I said) complete with all the usual social justice warriors chiming in.

Here is my question for you:

In one day, Amy Cooper lost her job, her dog, and her reputation. Does that satisfy you?

Vic Eldred
17.3.21  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @17.3.17    one month ago
was something else to write about.

You mean RACE!

JohnRussell
17.3.22  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @17.3.20    one month ago

It has nothing to do with me.  I do feel sorry for the woman, but people lose their jobs for no good reason every day. You probably call that the business owners prerogative. 

She demonstrated what is known as casual or everyday racism. It was a mistake on her part. Hopefully she recovers and learns from it. 

Kathleen
17.3.23  Kathleen  replied to  JohnRussell @17.3.12    one month ago

They really shouldn’t. It is a shame that our society is so fickle and petty, but it is.  The two of them could have come to an understanding without the video and media coverage.

Okay... enough said about this subject...

sandy-2021492
17.3.24  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @17.3.20    one month ago
I can see why somebody would think there was racism involved when her first description was confined to him being an African-American man.

The first time she mentions his race in the video, she is addressing him.  "I'm going to tell them there's an African American man threatening my life."  She hasn't connected to dispatch yet; she's telling him what she's going to report.  I don't think it's likely that he needs her to clarify his race to him for accuracy.  She's announcing her intention to lie about his actions, and make sure to include his race while doing so.

It was racism before the dispatcher ever picked up.

Somehow, recognizing that has become being "a hate-filled leftist".  Is denying blatantly racist behavior a right-wing trait?  It seems some are claiming that for their side.  Not very flattering toward themselves.

KDMichigan
17.3.25  KDMichigan  replied to  sandy-2021492 @17.3.24    one month ago
Somehow, recognizing that has become being "a hate-filled leftist"

She is a hate filled leftist, I love her being exposed. 

Dismayed Patriot
17.3.26  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  KDMichigan @17.3.25    one month ago
She is a hate filled leftist, I love her being exposed. 

[ deleted ]

What Sandy said was that right wing conservatives are claiming that those who are angered by this and exposed this woman must be "hate filled leftists" simply because they pointed out the racist hate they observed.

There is no actual evidence this woman is a "leftist" at all, but am not surprised when those on the right try to deflect from their own deep seated racism by accusing their opponents of the same.

"In response to the video, many on social media began to speculate and insist that Amy Cooper was a Trump supporter and a member of the “MAGA” movement.

However, campaign contribution information — with donations to Democrats such as Barack Obama, Pete Buttigieg, and John Kerry — leaked online earlier today appeared to suggest that Amy actually identifies as a liberal. This matters, because in this political era, during this most critical US presidential election, it is necessary that we understand and recognize that white violence transcends party lines and political ideology."

However, the piece does not offer any proof of donations from Cooper to any of those candidates . Instead, it hedges further: "There’s a chance the Amy Cooper we see in that viral video may not be the same Amy Cooper whose details were leaked onto social media — but as a New York City resident, she’s still statistically much likely to be a Democrat than a Republican, and the conversation about white liberal racism is long overdue."

" Looking at those donations, however, the New York City-based Amy Cooper who donated $1,550 to Obama’s campaign that year was  listed  as “retired” by the FEC"

" It is unlikely that the Amy Cooper caught on video was retired , and unclear whether she would have been able to contribute to any presidential campaign at the time. As Heavy.com  reported , she was born in Canada"

https://www.truthorfiction.com/amy-cooper-donations-barack-obama-pete-buttigieg-john-kerry/

So that's what you consider "being exposed"? Some unfounded spurious claim that she donated to Democrats but those making the claim admit they have no proof this is the same woman and the initial evidence actually strongly suggests that it is not the same woman? That's your evidence? 

And then just claiming it's more likely she's a Democrat because she lives in NY is just too rich. I guess we can just assume ALL the white supremacists, KKK and wannabe Nazi's are Republican because most live in Republican majority States, right? Is that now a fair assessment? But of course, for those on the right, the ends justify the means, and as we see many of them are willing to lie, cheat and steal to deflect from the obvious deep seated racism and hate this President and their party continue to nurture and excuse.

KDMichigan
17.3.27  KDMichigan  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @17.3.26    one month ago

[deleted]

Trout Giggles
17.3.28  Trout Giggles  replied to  KDMichigan @17.3.27    one month ago

How do you know she's a leftist? She may be a registered Democrat but that doesn't mean she's a leftist. She could be a moderate or even conservative Democrat. They do exist you know

KDMichigan
17.3.29  KDMichigan  replied to  Trout Giggles @17.3.28    one month ago

[deleted]

Trout Giggles
17.3.30  Trout Giggles  replied to  KDMichigan @17.3.29    one month ago

[deleted] That doesn't explain anything. If you don't know then just say so. Don't pussy-breath around trying to look smart [deleted]

Dismayed Patriot
17.3.31  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  KDMichigan @17.3.29    one month ago
removed for context

Yes, that is what you're doing with the same tired, lame bullshit right wing rhetoric and lies.

Veronica
17.3.32  Veronica  replied to  Trout Giggles @17.3.30    one month ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

I almost hacked up a lung laughing at this.

Trout Giggles
17.3.33  Trout Giggles  replied to  Veronica @17.3.32    one month ago

I'm glad I could make someone laugh today

Trout Giggles
17.3.34  Trout Giggles  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @17.3.31    one month ago

Not only is it lame it's boring. Really. If they don't something why don't they just say so? They would look so much respectable [deleted]

KDMichigan
17.3.35  KDMichigan  replied to  Trout Giggles @17.3.30    one month ago

I understand that you don't get it that's why you have to resort to personal insults.

I can't help you to understand anything that's all on you.

Pussy breath? Is that the best you got, if you are going to willfully violate the CoC go big. 

Trout Giggles
17.3.36  Trout Giggles  replied to  KDMichigan @17.3.35    one month ago

[deleted]

KDMichigan
17.3.37  KDMichigan  replied to  Trout Giggles @17.3.36    one month ago

[deleted]

Perrie Halpern R.A.
17.3.38  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  KDMichigan @17.3.37    one month ago

To both of you,

Knock it off with the personal insults and taunts. I will start to write big points if this continues. 

KDMichigan
17.3.39  KDMichigan  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @17.3.38    one month ago

Who made the personal insults? 

Talk to your fellow traveler.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
17.3.40  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  KDMichigan @17.3.39    one month ago

Please read again:

Knock it off with the personal insults and taunts.

You would be the taunts. 

Talk to your fellow traveler.

Aren't we all fellow travelers?

KDMichigan
17.4  KDMichigan  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @17    2 months ago

I'm not defending this woman's actions but you should never give another persons dogs treats without their consent.

I carry treats for my canine friends and I buy quality treats, not them made in 'CHYNA' crap. and I always asks unless they are a regular of course.

The other day a woman was sitting in her car while her husband pumped gas and the dog was barking like crazy. I asked her if he could have a treat and showed her the brand. She said yes and so I gave the dog one and the little yapper STFU.

sandy-2021492
17.4.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  KDMichigan @17.4    one month ago

That's a good reason for her to keep her dog leashed.  Dogs who are not leashed tend to get into things they shouldn't.

KDMichigan
17.4.2  KDMichigan  replied to  sandy-2021492 @17.4.1    one month ago

What does that have to do with anything I said? 

So its impossible to give a leashed dog a treat?

Again you should never give someone else's dog a treat without asking. I didn't think it was up for debate.

Sparty On
17.4.3  Sparty On  replied to  KDMichigan @17.4.2    one month ago
Again you should never give someone else's dog a treat without asking.

Absolutely.  

A hard and fast rule for those of us who aren't trying to control everyone and everything that doesn't goosestep in exact unison with OUR OWN preferred narratives.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
17.5  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @17    2 months ago

Just a FYI,

The planters and bird watchers in the Rambles are a bit how should I put it... "On a mission" about that area. His carrying dog treats to throw at the dog, knowing the dog owners reaction, does indicate that he had a bit of chip on his shoulder about what he considered his part of the park and knowing the park rules for that area.

Kavika
17.5.1  Kavika   replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @17.5    2 months ago

It clear that dogs must be kept on a leash at all times. What is so difficult to understand about? A dog that is new to her and not leashed is a huge liability. What if the dog attacks someone or attacked another dog or what if it was attacked by another dog or it ran away. 

She is fricking stupid, it's simple as that. 

Trout Giggles
17.5.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @17.5    one month ago

I can understand people getting uptight about dogs running loose in a protected area. The gentleman was there to watch birds and probably enjoy the plants in The Rambles, it being spring and all.

Sparty On
17.5.3  Sparty On  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @17.5    one month ago
does indicate that he had a bit of chip on his shoulder

Damn right it does and doing so he helped start a shit show that is running a life.   Does she have culpability?   Yep, she started it by not following established rules but he pressed his attack and now someone is getting death threats.

Something happens to her he has blood on his hands.   No doubt about it.

Tacos!
17.5.4  Tacos!  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @17.5    one month ago

I HATE when people will not control their dogs. It's definitely a peeve for me. Nevertheless, that doesn't give anyone the right to try to feed anything to another person's dog. He has no idea what special diet restrictions that dog might have. He could be poisoning it for all he knows.

Kathleen
18  Kathleen    2 months ago

So..... why is she acting so hysterical? What happened before the video that we just saw?  I did not hear him threaten her, but did something happen before the video? Why was he video taping her?  I need to know these questions before I pass judgment.

I do agree that she should not be a pet owner.

The Magic Eight Ball
18.1  The Magic Eight Ball  replied to  Kathleen @18    2 months ago
why is she acting so hysterical?

her cheese slid off the cracker long before that day.

Kathleen
18.1.1  Kathleen  replied to  The Magic Eight Ball @18.1    2 months ago

Well, maybe... but it upset her to be video taped for which I can understand.  

The Magic Eight Ball
18.1.2  The Magic Eight Ball  replied to  Kathleen @18.1.1    2 months ago
but it upset her to be video taped 

good thing we don't base laws on "feelings"

Kathleen
18.1.3  Kathleen  replied to  The Magic Eight Ball @18.1.2    2 months ago

I was talking about privacy, not laws. 

The Magic Eight Ball
18.1.4  The Magic Eight Ball  replied to  Kathleen @18.1.3    2 months ago
I was talking about privacy  not laws.

there is no privacy in public... that is the law.

Kathleen
18.1.5  Kathleen  replied to  The Magic Eight Ball @18.1.4    2 months ago

So if you are taking a dump in the woods and video taped, that's the law?

The Magic Eight Ball
18.1.6  The Magic Eight Ball  replied to  Kathleen @18.1.5    2 months ago
So if you are taking a dump in the woods and video taped, that's the law?

of course, there is no "privacy in public, there are no exceptions.

and....   that would be why I take a dump at home... LOL

Just Jim NC TttH
18.1.7  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  The Magic Eight Ball @18.1.6    2 months ago

Kathleen
18.1.8  Kathleen  replied to  The Magic Eight Ball @18.1.6    2 months ago

If I where you I would not go camping and rough it. That big eye could be watching......

Kathleen
18.1.9  Kathleen  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @18.1.7    2 months ago

Ha! that's for sure....

The Magic Eight Ball
18.1.10  The Magic Eight Ball  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @18.1.7    2 months ago

over 30yrs in construction and have never used the port o potty.

I always go home regardless of what time it is... 

when I was young and worked for others I told them straight up.

I can piss anywhere, but I go home to shit.     if that's a problem?   don't hire me.

:)

Perrie Halpern R.A.
18.1.11  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  The Magic Eight Ball @18.1.6    2 months ago

And for the record, there are bathrooms all over the park. So if they are filming you pooping in the bathroom, that is a crime. 

The Magic Eight Ball
18.1.12  The Magic Eight Ball  replied to  Kathleen @18.1.8    2 months ago
That big eye could be watching

isn't that just what I implied above? of course it is.

:)

The Magic Eight Ball
18.1.13  The Magic Eight Ball  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @18.1.11    2 months ago
So if they are filming you pooping in the bathroom,  that is a crime.

wait...

do you seriously believe I don't know the difference between being in public and being in a bathroom in a park?

really?

Kathleen
18.1.14  Kathleen  replied to  The Magic Eight Ball @18.1.12    2 months ago

I knew what you meant, I was giving you a hard time because of the comment you made to me about the law and feelings. jrSmiley_68_smiley_image.png

The Magic Eight Ball
18.1.15  The Magic Eight Ball  replied to  Kathleen @18.1.14    2 months ago
I was giving you a hard time because of the comment you made to me about the law and feelings.

give me a hard time?  not a chance.

if your goal was to make me laugh?  job well done  :)

Kathleen
18.1.16  Kathleen  replied to  The Magic Eight Ball @18.1.15    2 months ago

Okay.... : )

Transyferous Rex
18.1.17  Transyferous Rex  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @18.1.7    2 months ago

YES!

Tacos!
18.2  Tacos!  replied to  Kathleen @18    2 months ago
What happened before the video that we just saw?

That’s what I would like to know. Why is he recording her in the first place?

Kathleen
18.2.1  Kathleen  replied to  Tacos! @18.2    one month ago

Because I think he was a jerk. 

Even though she was wrong for not following the rules about the leash, he could have just asked her to put a leash on without taping her.  Especially like I said above when he threatened her.

igknorantzrulz
18.2.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Kathleen @18.2.1    one month ago

who threatened who again...?

Kathleen
19  Kathleen    2 months ago

Better watch out... you could be video taped anywhere you go.... and it could ruin your whole life, even if you apologize. 

Keep that in mind everyone, because the next time it might be YOU!

The Magic Eight Ball
19.1  The Magic Eight Ball  replied to  Kathleen @19    2 months ago
Keep that in mind everyone, because the next time it might be YOU!

youtube is standing by always ready for more... LOL

JohnRussell
19.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Kathleen @19    2 months ago
 you could be video taped anywhere you go.... and it could ruin your whole life, even if you apologize. 

It's not complicated. Don't act like an asshole in public and chances are you won't have any trouble. 

Kathleen
19.2.1  Kathleen  replied to  JohnRussell @19.2    2 months ago

I was talking more on the lines of more private issues. If I was having a stroke, or I got sick, or a terrible car accident and my body is laying in the road.  Let’s just say from the accident and the force, my pants came off...Would you want to be video taped? 

Tacos!
19.2.2  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @19.2    2 months ago

What was this person doing that made her an asshole?

JohnRussell
19.2.3  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @19.2.2    2 months ago

If you can watch the video and not know the answer to that I can't help you. 

Kathleen
19.2.4  Kathleen  replied to  JohnRussell @19.2    2 months ago

Everybody keeps saying ... “Well.... it’s in public”

Well I sure as hell would not want anyone video taping me in an unfortunate circumstance beyond my control and post it for all to see.....

There has to be laws to protect people.

Tacos!
19.2.5  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @19.2.3    2 months ago
If you can watch the video and not know the answer to that I can't help you. 

Is it really so hard to just answer a straightforward fucking question? Apparently so.

JohnRussell
19.2.6  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @19.2.5    2 months ago

I did straightforwardly answer it. The answer is in her behavior on the video.  If you think it is acceptable behavior, thats not my problem. That is for you to explain. 

Since she was fired from her job today because of this video I guess I am not alone in my opinion. 

JohnRussell
19.2.7  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Kathleen @19.2.4    2 months ago

What was beyond her control? She could have put the leash on her dog and walked away. 

Tacos!
19.2.8  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @19.2.6    2 months ago
The answer is in her behavior on the video. 

You still can’t just say it, huh? Telling me to look at the video isn’t any more of an answer the second time than it was the first time. So I’m forced to guess.

What behavior? She is trying to control her dog while simultaneously trying to get someone to stop recording her.  It’s obviously a difficult task for her. How does that make her an asshole?

She is asking a man to stop recording her and he won’t. Why isn’t he an asshole?

Your comments imply that she was being an asshole and that prompted the recording, but I don’t see that on the video.

If you think it is acceptable behavior, thats not my problem. That is for you to explain. 

Why don’t you not make shit up about me, ok? How the hell I can think behavior is acceptable if I don’t know what the behavior is that is to be judged?

JohnRussell
19.2.9  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @19.2.8    2 months ago

She was fired from her job today FOR RACISM. That is specifically what the company said. 

Yet, in all your bs here, you never mention that aspect. She was merely trying to control her dog and get someone to stop recording her, according to you. Millions of people dont agree with you, ok? 

Tacos!
19.2.10  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @19.2.9    2 months ago
She was fired from her job today FOR RACISM. That is specifically what the company said. 

That’s fine, I guess. That’s their choice. I think there is certainly an argument to be made for that, although it is a relatively mild example of it. I would say she was fired more out of embarrassment than for any moral concern over her casual racism.

Yet, in all your bs here, you never mention that aspect.

Because that happens in the middle of the video. The MIDDLE. It doesn’t explain what she was doing that warranted her being recorded against her will. That’s what I want to know about.

Sparty On
19.2.11  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @19.2.9    2 months ago
She was fired from her job today FOR RACISM.

Well ooohh doggy, that should make some people here happy.   Pun intended.

That phone video prick should be real happy as well.    What a motard.

JohnRussell
19.2.12  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @19.2.10    2 months ago

Sister Mary Agnes  posted a link to this page elsewhere on this thread. 

Christian Cooper is a Harvard-educated New York senior biomedical editor and former comic book editor who recorded a viral video in which a woman calls police on him in Central Park after he says he asked her to leash her dog.

The video has now been viewed many millions of times. The woman has been identified as Amy Cooper. Heavy has reached out to both Coopers (who are not related) for comment. Christian Cooper is black, and Amy Cooper is white, and she brings up his race several times in the video. The video was recorded by Christian Cooper on Memorial Day 2020 in the Ramble section of Central Park.

Amy Cooper’s actions have sparked outrage online; some people on social media have dubbed Amy Cooper “Central Park Karen.” She works as vice president of an investment firm (learn more about her background here. ) She was on administrative leave while her company investigated the matter. The company, Templeton Franklin, has now terminated Amy Cooper, writing on Twitter, “Following our internal review of the incident in Central Park yesterday, we have made the decision to terminate the employee involved, effective immediately. We do not tolerate racism of any kind at Franklin Templeton.”

fI2fkcmQ_normal.jpg
Franklin Templeton
@FTI_US

Following our internal review of the incident in Central Park yesterday, we have made the decision to terminate the employee involved, effective immediately. We do not tolerate racism of any kind at Franklin Templeton.

33.9K people are talking about this

“Once she put the dog on the leash, I birded my way out of the park as normal (I was done for the day and on my way out when I encountered Karen),” wrote Christian Cooper on his Facebook page. He added, “I’m fine… At this point, I’m getting used to this. Though the full-on racist slant was new.” Amy Cooper has now apologized, telling CNN, “I’m not a racist. I did not mean to harm that man in any way…I think I was just scared. When you’re alone in the Ramble, you don’t know what’s happening. It’s not excusable, it’s not defensible.”

Here’s what you need to know:

1. Christian Cooper’s Video Shows the Woman Referring to His Race Repeatedly as She Calls the Police on Him

Christian Cooper explained on Facebook what he says happened leading up to the video’s start. Here’s what he wrote:

Central Park this morning: This woman’s dog is tearing through the plantings in the Ramble.

ME: Ma’am, dogs in the Ramble have to be on the leash at all times. The sign is right there.
HER: The dog runs are closed. He needs his exercise.
HER: It’s too dangerous.
ME: Look, if you’re going to do what you want, I’m going to do what I want, but you’re not going to like it.
HER: What’s that?
HER: He won’t come to you.
ME: We’ll see about that…

I pull out the dog treats I carry for just for such intransigence. I didn’t even get a chance to toss any treats to the pooch before Karen scrambled to grab the dog.

HER: DON’T YOU TOUCH MY DOG!!!!!

That’s when I started video recording with my iPhone, and when her inner Karen fully emerged and took a dark turn…

The video starts with Amy Cooper holding her dog and Christian Cooper recording the scene. “Will you please stop. Sir, I’m asking you to stop,” she says, moving toward him.

“Please don’t come close to me,” Christian Cooper says.

“Sir, I’m asking you to stop recording me,” says Amy Cooper. She points her finger at him and says she’s going to call the cops.

“Please call the cops,” he says.

“I’m going to tell them there’s an African American man threatening my life,” she says.

JohnRussell
19.2.13  author  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @19.2.12    2 months ago

They had a "conversation" prior to him starting to record her. 

As for her bringing race into it in the middle of the video, that is not true. 

She says   "I'm going to tell them there is an African American man threatening my life"   at the 15 second mark. 

If she actually thought he was threatening her life, why did she walk right up to him ? 

Tacos!
19.2.14  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @19.2.12    2 months ago
HER: He won’t come to you.
ME: We’ll see about that…
I pull out the dog treats I carry for just for such intransigence. I didn’t even get a chance to toss any treats to the pooch before Karen scrambled to grab the dog.

Really? In that case, I see two people doing wrong.

The lady should leash her dog and not be racist. 

But the guy with the camera is clearly looking to be a dick.

Kathleen
19.2.15  Kathleen  replied to  JohnRussell @19.2.7    2 months ago

I was talking about video taping in general. It went a bit off topic, but worth talking about.

Kathleen
19.2.16  Kathleen  replied to  Tacos! @19.2.14    2 months ago

Agreed. They both were in the wrong.  

Sparty On
19.2.17  Sparty On  replied to  Tacos! @19.2.14    one month ago

Yep but somehow he gets a complete pass from many here.

Fascinating!

Split Personality
19.2.18  Split Personality  replied to  Tacos! @19.2.14    one month ago
But the guy with the camera is clearly looking to be a dick.

I can see where after years of witnessing similar behavior on reddit, Facebook and other social media news sites

you would be an expert in identifying people who apparently do this every day, just to be a dick....

Kathleen
20  Kathleen    2 months ago

So then using the term "Karen" which is slang for middle aged white women,  would that be considered racist then?

JohnRussell
20.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Kathleen @20    2 months ago

Do you feel like a victim? 

Kathleen
20.1.1  Kathleen  replied to  JohnRussell @20.1    2 months ago

Can you answer my question first? 

JohnRussell
20.1.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Kathleen @20.1.1    2 months ago

Perrie mentioned the term JAP (Jewish American Princess) earlier. Is that term anti-semitic? 

The stereotype is often, though not always, the basis for jokes both inside and outside the Jewish community. [49] Frank Zappa was accused of antisemitism for his 1979 song "Jewish Princess", which describes the narrator's lust for "a nasty little Jewish princess / With long phony nails and a hairdo that rinses". Zappa repeatedly denied antisemitic intention and refused to apologize on the basis that he did not invent the concept and further noted that women who fit the stereotype actually existed. [50] In recent years, some Jewish women have made attempts to re-appropriate the term "JAP" and incorporate it as part of a cultural identity. [46] [51] It has also been criticized for its sexist basis, and for pejoratively branding young adult Jewish-American women as being spoiled and materialistic. [52] Concerns about incidents of the JAP stereotype being pejoratively used at colleges and universities have been noted in newspapers, magazines and academic journals. [53] [54] [55] The American television show Crazy Ex-Girlfriend , created by Rachel Bloom , features a parody song that can be seen as both satirizing and embracing this trope. "JAP Battle" is featured in Season 1's "Josh and I Go to Los Angeles!". Rachel Bloom, and her character Rebecca Bunch, are both Jewish. [56] [57] [58] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stereotypes_of_Jews#Jewish-American_princess

It is an unflattering stereotype, and could be anti-semitic depending on the usage and by whom. 

I would say the same with the term "Karen" (which I never heard of before today) if it is used in a racially derogatory way I suppose it could be considered racist.  That doesnt appear to be how it is normally used though. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
20.1.3  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  JohnRussell @20.1.2    2 months ago

That is pretty much correct on both accounts. 

JohnRussell
20.1.4  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @20.1.3    2 months ago

Thank you. jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

Kathleen
20.1.5  Kathleen  replied to  JohnRussell @20.1.2    2 months ago

I would not use JAP, because it’s offensive. I never even heard of the term Karen either until today. I looked it up and it’s there all about it.  Maybe it depends how you use it, but it’s not something I would use.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
20.1.6  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Kathleen @20.1.5    2 months ago

I have never used it either. If I say "Upper East Sider" everyone knows what I mean. It's an attitude. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
20.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Kathleen @20    2 months ago
So then using the term "Karen" which is slang for middle aged white women,  would that be considered racist then?

It is used by white people on other white people and the woman can be any age, it just means an entitled woman. Is it derogatory? Yes. Is it considered racist?, No. 

Kathleen
20.2.1  Kathleen  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @20.2    2 months ago

What if a different race used it on a white woman?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
20.2.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Kathleen @20.2.1    2 months ago

I have never heard it being used by someone of a different race. It's like an intrarace word. Kind of when black folks use the word nigga. Really it's all self deprecating. 

Kathleen
20.2.3  Kathleen  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @20.2.2    2 months ago

More like a word used on each other. I have not heard a black person use it either.  I imagine either of those terms could be used in kidding and bad ways. 

Tacos!
20.2.4  Tacos!  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @20.2    2 months ago
Is it considered racist?, No.

If you wouldn’t use it on a person of color, then it is certainly racist. So usage would matter I guess.

I think it probably has elements of racism, misogyny, and ageism. At minimum, it’s a rude stereotype.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
20.2.5  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Tacos! @20.2.4    2 months ago
If you wouldn’t use it on a person of color, then it is certainly racist. So usage would matter I guess.

OK I should clarify. If you were a black person who had a specific look to them, like this lady did, and a specific attitude like her, she would still be called a Karen. I had to rethink that because back in the day, black girls were called Japs. It's just a New York thing, I guess.

I think it probably has elements of racism, misogyny, and ageism. At minimum, it’s a rude stereotype.

For sure. 

lib50
20.2.6  lib50  replied to  Tacos! @20.2.4    2 months ago

No,  and I say that as a white female of a certain age.   Like the term boomer.  It references an attitude of entitlement. 

Tacos!
20.2.7  Tacos!  replied to  lib50 @20.2.6    2 months ago

Well, you wouldn’t use it on a man, right? So it’s sex specific for sure. And you probably wouldn’t use it on elderly person or someone in their 30s or younger. 

So I don’t think it’s just about entitlement.

20.2.8  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Kathleen @20.2.3    2 months ago
I have not heard a black person use it either.

Mr. Cooper's sister used the term when she posted the video for him on her Facebook page.  

Oh, when Karens take a walk with their dogs off leash in the famous Bramble in NY’s Central Park, where it is clearly posted on signs that dogs MUST be leashed at all times, and someone like my brother (an avid birder) politely asks her to put her dog on the leash.

The source for her words are at the top of this seed.

Kathleen
20.2.9  Kathleen  replied to  Tacos! @20.2.7    2 months ago

I don’t either, it’s more specific. 

Kathleen
20.2.10  Kathleen  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @20.2.8    one month ago

Looks like I missed that one. 

Then I would call his sister a racist. 

Vic Eldred
20.2.11  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kathleen @20.2.10    one month ago

You could also have got it from the zealots over at the New York Times. They defined and enshrined the Newspeak term Karen when they did the "story" of this tiny incident.

Kathleen
20.2.12  Kathleen  replied to  Vic Eldred @20.2.11    one month ago

Just think if your name ‘is’ Karen... 

Vic Eldred
20.2.13  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kathleen @20.2.12    one month ago

It's just vicious smearing. They make up words and names to carry out their disgusting attacks on people.

Trout Giggles
20.2.14  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tacos! @20.2.7    one month ago

I would call a man a Karen if he were acting an entitled, uptight asshole

Sparty On
20.2.15  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @20.2.13    one month ago

Yeah its pretty interesting really.  

How folks who use terms like that decide who/what is worth their disdain and who/what isn't.

Fascinating.

Split Personality
20.2.16  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @20.2.13    one month ago

As opposed to your vile comments about fellow Americans based on your political "bent"?

Your criticism is ironic.

Split Personality
20.2.17  Split Personality  replied to  Sparty On @20.2.15    one month ago

[deleted]

r.t..b...
20.2.18  r.t..b...  replied to  Split Personality @20.2.17    one month ago
Perfect demonstration of it, bravo./s

Sounds oh, so similar to invoking the oh, so tired "TDS" deflection that is always uttered in obvious disdain.

Both terms, and the plethora of others, do nothing to further reasonable debate and immediately dismisses those whom rely on such phrases as accomplices in perpetuating the continued divisiveness that is, in actuality, the most dangerous of viruses.

Less fascinating than fatuous.

Trout Giggles
20.2.19  Trout Giggles  replied to  r.t..b... @20.2.18    one month ago

TBH, the only time I ever heard the term Karen used was on Face Book and it's always in a meme with a cat with a look of disdain telling Karen she fucked up again

Vic Eldred
20.2.20  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @20.2.15    one month ago

They are unique and the reason I'm so fond of them.

Vic Eldred
20.2.21  Vic Eldred  replied to  Split Personality @20.2.16    one month ago
As opposed to your vile comments about fellow Americans based on your political "bent"?

Remember what Perrie said - WE DON"T MAKE IT PERSONAL.

Trout Giggles
20.2.22  Trout Giggles  replied to  Vic Eldred @20.2.21    one month ago

[deleted]

Sparty On
20.2.23  Sparty On  replied to  Split Personality @20.2.17    one month ago

Yeah i thought so as well.   

One person with clear mental issues being hammered on here while the prick who is clearly stoking the fire gets a complete pass.   It is fascinating how some here arrive at both those judgements.   Especially coming from those that are clearly simpatico with the party of acceptance and inclusion.

Reminds me of the drummer in the Sandman incident.   That guy was about as innocent as a child caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

Sparty On
20.2.24  Sparty On  replied to  r.t..b... @20.2.18    one month ago
Sounds oh, so similar to invoking the oh, so tired "TDS" deflection that is always uttered in obvious disdain.

Lol, now that's just sad attempt at a redirect..

A reminder that this thread is not about me.

[removed]

[Bravo!  /S]

lib50
20.2.25  lib50  replied to  Tacos! @20.2.7    one month ago

I did use it on a man yesterday.  He was Karening.  He's old like me, and unlike me, can't understand what others go through unless it impacts HIM.   I would call out younger male or female Karens if I came across them.   Its so odd that many of the same people who defend Trump daily 'telling it like it is' (aka lying and insulting others) are such snowflakes when its incoming.

MUVA
20.2.26  MUVA  replied to  Trout Giggles @20.2.14    one month ago

[removed]

Trout Giggles
20.2.27  Trout Giggles  replied to  MUVA @20.2.26    one month ago

[removed]

It Is ME
20.2.28  It Is ME  replied to  MUVA @20.2.26    one month ago
[removed]

Sparty On
21  Sparty On    2 months ago

1stwarrior nailed this many posts ago .... click bait.

Nothing more, nothing less.

21.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Sparty On @21    2 months ago

I don't think John seeded it as click bait, but I think it's possible that Mr. Cooper's sister did.  

Kathleen
21.2  Kathleen  replied to  Sparty On @21    2 months ago

I feel like most of these types of stories should never be in the front page. They are though, for a special reason. 

Split Personality
21.2.1  Split Personality  replied to  Kathleen @21.2    one month ago
I feel like most of these types of stories should never be in the front page. 

Some people go out of their way to avoid the typical partisan rhetoric and try to find stories that should not be made into a partisan pissing match.

It matters not that it it is on the front page.

It wasn't a partisan incident. It was racial. It was pet abuse, and over reaction.

Other peeps, as evidenced, go out of their way to make it about race, gender and politics.

They are though, for a special reason.

Really?

smh

Kathleen
21.2.2  Kathleen  replied to  Split Personality @21.2.1    one month ago

He could have just asked her to leash her dog without all this.  I don’t think it should ruin her whole life.

JohnRussell
21.2.3  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Kathleen @21.2.2    one month ago

What should have happened is when he , lawfully, informed her that her dog needed to be on a leash, she should have left. It was not possible for her to "win" the argument at that point. The law is dogs have to be on a leash in that part of the park.  She should have left, maybe mumuring to herself that he was an asshole. 

She chose to argue with him and insisting her right to do what she wanted in violation of the rules. 

There is no doubt the incident unfortunately escalated, but there is no way that she was in the right. 

She should buy a long leash, or string three or four short ones together, and go to parts of the park where there arent a lot of people and let the dog "run around " there. 

The guy may not be the friendliest guy in the world, but he had the rules on his side. She just should have left instead of responding with a racist attitude. 

Paula Bartholomew
21.2.4  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Kathleen @21.2.2    one month ago

He did ask her.  She caused "all of this".

Kathleen
21.2.5  Kathleen  replied to  JohnRussell @21.2.3    one month ago

I think he didn’t have to video tape her to begin with.  He could have asked her to follow the rules then walk away too.

Kathleen
21.2.6  Kathleen  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @21.2.4    one month ago

Then he said “ If you are going to do what you want then I am going to do what I want and you are not going to like it.   Hmmmmm

JohnRussell
21.2.7  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Kathleen @21.2.6    one month ago

Let me bring you back to the facts. 

If she was afraid for her life, why did she approach the man close enough to stick her finger toward his face? 

She wasnt afraid for her life, she was aggravated because he wasnt going away and she wasnt  able to let her dog run around without a leash.  She threatened to call the police to get him to leave and he didnt take the bait. 

Kathleen
21.2.8  Kathleen  replied to  JohnRussell @21.2.7    one month ago

He threatened her by saying he was going to do something she would not like first. See what I mean?  She over reacted, but he was wrong too for saying that. That’s a ‘fact’ that he said that to her.

JohnRussell
21.2.9  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Kathleen @21.2.8    one month ago

He told her what he was referring to - giving a treat to her dog. 

If she was afraid for her life, why did she walk right up to him, face to face, AFTER he so called threatened her? 

She was aggravated because he would not leave and let her keep the dog off the leash, not afraid for her life.

Paula Bartholomew
21.2.10  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @21.2.7    one month ago

Didn't he also point out that there was an area not to far from where they were that lets owners take dogs off the leash to run around?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
21.2.11  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Kathleen @21.2.2    one month ago

He did ask her to do that before the filming Kathleen. That is what led to this. 

badfish
21.2.12  badfish  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @21.2.11    one month ago

It's ok to choke your own chicken but not your dog!

Sparty On
21.2.13  Sparty On  replied to  badfish @21.2.12    one month ago

And as you well know .... you can tune a piano but you can't tuna fish .....

Kathleen
21.2.14  Kathleen  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @21.2.11    one month ago

Well... I am just going to say that filming was just to escalate things more and no one should have their whole life ruined over this.  It looks like her life is. It’s a little much.

Tacos!
21.2.15  Tacos!  replied to  Kathleen @21.2.14    one month ago

I agree. You can say a person did something wrong, but that doesn’t mean no punishment is too much. She was wrong in multiple ways, but so wrong that she should be globally shamed, lose her job and possibly be prosecuted over it? It’s too much.

Additionally, a person can be a victim but also be responsible for some aspect of a situation. This guy doesn’t deserve to be threatened with exaggerated calls to the police, but he is definitely looking for trouble calling other people’s dogs and trying to tempt them with treats. He’s no saint, either.

Kathleen
21.2.16  Kathleen  replied to  Tacos! @21.2.15    one month ago

Yes....

That sums it up nicely.

Paula Bartholomew
22  Paula Bartholomew    2 months ago

This was just on my local news.  She had been fired from her job.

Paula Bartholomew
22.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @22    2 months ago

She also surrendered the dog back to the shelter where she got him.  Now maybe that dog has a better chance for a decent forever home.

pat wilson
22.1.1  pat wilson  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @22.1    one month ago

I think you're right. Sometimes it's better that the dog goes back to the shelter to get another chance. It's just sad.

Paula Bartholomew
23.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Split Personality @23    one month ago

She just blew a very good paying job and because she was fired, she can't get unemployment.  Also, now that this has gone viral, she will be hard pressed to find another job on the level as the one she threw away.

lib50
23.1.1  lib50  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @23.1    one month ago

Some of the assholes emboldened by Trump's overt racism and nastiness think they can do it too.  Too bad they get the consequences Trump doesn't.  She can blame him.

badfish
23.1.2  badfish  replied to  lib50 @23.1.1    one month ago

check out her twitter feed homie, she's one of you!

KDMichigan
23.1.3  KDMichigan  replied to  badfish @23.1.2    one month ago

I knew that, just look at her, she has the Elizabeth Warren bat shit crazy liberal look.

badfish
23.1.4  badfish  replied to  KDMichigan @23.1.3    one month ago

She was at the antisemite march in a pink hat wearing the "I'm a real nasty woman" t-shirt.

JohnRussell
23.1.5  author  JohnRussell  replied to  badfish @23.1.2    one month ago

the trump era has ruined the poor womans mind

Sparty On
23.1.6  Sparty On  replied to  badfish @23.1.2    one month ago

Doh!

Sparty On
23.1.7  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @23.1.5    one month ago

Just one more bad thing, in a long, long litany of bad things that are all Trumps fault.

It's quite amazing how powerful he is according to you.

Absolutely amazing!

Kathleen
23.1.8  Kathleen  replied to  Sparty On @23.1.7    one month ago

What’s some of these people going to do if Trump wins again? Lol

Sparty On
23.1.9  Sparty On  replied to  Kathleen @23.1.8    one month ago

Code out .... really!

lib50
23.1.10  lib50  replied to  badfish @23.1.2    one month ago

She's not one of me because I'M NOT LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE.  It also helps I don't care who belongs to who, I base my opinion on the behavior.  I don't protect someone who does wrong 'because they're my people' like you obviously do.  I don't come out and push lies and excuses when somebody does wrong.  Try it sometime.

Trout Giggles
23.1.11  Trout Giggles  replied to  lib50 @23.1.10    one month ago

jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

user image
24      one month ago

I havent read all the comments on this thread I will admit right now. But seriously, what right did he have to record her? She was well within her rights to be pissed off. I would have been pissed if I was her 

sandy-2021492
24.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  @24    one month ago

There is no law against him recording her.  They are out in public.  There is a law against having a dog unleashed in that area, and there is a law against filing false police reports.  And her immediate expression of her intention to do so, with a racial motivation thrown in, pretty much support his decision to record her.  Some folks always seem to give the benefit of the doubt to the lying racist animal abuser.

Paula Bartholomew
24.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  sandy-2021492 @24.1    one month ago

She didn't actually file a report, but they can get her on abuse of the 9-11 system as well as animal abuse.  That would be up to the DA to decide if they want to pursue charges or not.  Most likely she would get a fine and probation.

freepress
25  freepress    one month ago

Wealthy entitled white people hate to be held to any rules. The college admissions scandal where rich celebrities and other wealthy entitled elites pay to play, only to get caught and make the most outrageous excuses for their cheating. They expect to evade any laws whether it's new Covid rules in shopping, or leash laws or social distancing rules, or any kind of law or rule for that matter. They will buy their way out, scream and complain like spoiled brats until they get what they want, or get handed a light sentence when they do break any laws. 

Sparty On
26  Sparty On    one month ago

Now she's getting death threats.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/27/us/amy-cooper-central-park-call-police-trnd/index.html

Video boy is now trying to put the genie back in the bottle by pleading for people to stop with the threats.

Too little to late for that now numbnuts.

Kathleen
26.1  Kathleen  replied to  Sparty On @26    one month ago

Too late... As they say, you can’t put the feathers back in the pillow after they fly away.

What did he expect?

MUVA
27  MUVA    one month ago

From telling people to wear a mask to telling people to leash their dog I see a theme some like to tell others what to do maybe some should mind their own business.

JohnRussell
27.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  MUVA @27    one month ago

Can my dog poop on your front lawn ?  He just wants to be free. 

Sparty On
27.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @27.1    one month ago

Yes, i'm sure that probably does seem like the same thing to you.

JohnRussell
27.1.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @27.1.1    one month ago

It is the same thing, letting the animal do what he wants. 

Sparty On
27.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @27.1.2    one month ago

C'mon John, you aren't that stupid.   Why are you being intentionally disingenuous?

MUVA
27.1.4  MUVA  replied to  JohnRussell @27.1    one month ago

No but it is my yard not a public space.little Hitlers running around telling others what to do seem to be the trait of a want to be authoritarian with to much time on his or hers hands and a need to be important. I let the police take care of it that’s their job mine is to mind my own business or I would spend  the day making citizens arrest for reckless driving.In closing people should mind their own fucking business.

Sparty On
27.1.5  Sparty On  replied to  MUVA @27.1.4    one month ago
No but it is my yard not a public space.

And there it is ....

JohnRussell
27.1.6  author  JohnRussell  replied to  MUVA @27.1.4    one month ago

Either you want the dog to be free, or you want you to be free, so you dont want "public" rules. 

But it is ok for there to be  "private rules" . Why should anyone who wants to be "free" respect your private rules? 

MUVA
27.1.7  MUVA  replied to  JohnRussell @27.1.6    one month ago

No it isn’t ok to let your dog shit anywhere  and not clean it up on or off a leash.# mind your own fucking business.

Kathleen
27.1.8  Kathleen  replied to  JohnRussell @27.1    one month ago

I don’t mind it on my lawn as long as they pick it up. 

Just Jim NC TttH
27.1.9  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Kathleen @27.1.8    one month ago

jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif       jrSmiley_18_smiley_image.gif

Kathleen
27.1.10  Kathleen  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @27.1.9    one month ago

Ooooohhw not with your bare hands I hope... lol

1stwarrior
27.2  1stwarrior  replied to  MUVA @27    one month ago

Does 1984 ring a bell?

MUVA
27.2.1  MUVA  replied to  1stwarrior @27.2    one month ago

I see it more and more  little leftist narc’s with their virtue signaling and need to tell others what to believe and do.I understand people can’t let a dog run wild around a park but I also see the authoritarian come out of some people thinking it is their responsibility to correct what they see as a problem.

Sparty On
27.2.2  Sparty On  replied to  MUVA @27.2.1    one month ago

Yep but just remember ..... they do know what best for you and yours.   They really do!

Tessylo
27.2.3  Tessylo  replied to  MUVA @27.2.1    one month ago

As usual, you don't know what you're talking about.  

It Is ME
27.2.4  It Is ME  replied to  MUVA @27.2.1    one month ago

I wonder if the person taking the vid of the woman, was wearing a mask ? jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

Sparty On
27.2.5  Sparty On  replied to  MUVA @27.2.1    one month ago

One thing about your feedback here .... at least you know you're on the right track. jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

Kathleen
27.2.6  Kathleen  replied to  It Is ME @27.2.4    one month ago

I thought about that myself. It was Central Park, so I imagine it had quite a bit of people there.

It Is ME
27.2.7  It Is ME  replied to  Kathleen @27.2.6    one month ago

To many times.... we only get "One Side" of the Story !

What was REALLY said before the "Vid was Started" !

Sparty On
27.2.8  Sparty On  replied to  It Is ME @27.2.7    one month ago

The video dude came loaded for bear and seems to have a huge chip on his shoulders.

But that just my opinion, i could be wrong.

It Is ME
27.2.9  It Is ME  replied to  Sparty On @27.2.8    one month ago
The video dude came loaded for bear and seems to have a huge chip on his shoulders.

The "Days of the Vid" sure do come in handy for those with an agenda. jrSmiley_79_smiley_image.gif

r.t..b...
27.2.10  r.t..b...  replied to  Sparty On @27.2.8    one month ago
The video dude came loaded for bear

Perhaps as a man or woman of color in America (see Atlanta and Minneapolis as the two most recent examples) video documentation may be the only recourse in explaining the circumstances of any confrontation and the ultimate reason for vindication and/or justice. If not for the visuals, would the outcome have proceeded as it has?

Sparty On
27.2.11  Sparty On  replied to  r.t..b... @27.2.10    one month ago

If it ended there i would agree with you but it didn't.   Why did they guy have dog treats?   I'm not buying that is it was for some type of "protection."

So were the dog treats some part of documenting any potential treatment?   Of course not.

Sorry but this guy isn't clean.   Not at all.   Of course neither is she.

That said ....  man am i glad i don't live where i have to go to a place like Central park to enjoy plants and birds.   I get to just step outside my house and its great.   I do however have to hound some people walking their dogs to clean up their dogs dump when they dump in my yard.   Most do so without being asked but there always seems to be some entitled dicks that thinks they are above it.   I feel sorry for animal in those cases.

Kathleen
27.2.12  Kathleen  replied to  Sparty On @27.2.11    one month ago

I live in the woods, so I see lots of wildlife. My mother-in-law would tell me to carry a small stick or a pencil whenever I would walk in the park near her. That way if you are attacked, you can stuck it in their eye. Sounds harsh but it might save your life.

Kathleen
27.2.13  Kathleen  replied to  It Is ME @27.2.7    one month ago

I don’t know...  you are right though. These purposely edited video taping is beginning to be the norm these days. 

MUVA
27.2.14  MUVA  replied to  Tessylo @27.2.3    one month ago

I know all I need to know about virtue signaling leftist.

Trout Giggles
27.2.15  Trout Giggles  replied to  MUVA @27.2.14    one month ago

Do you even know what virtue signaling is?

MUVA
27.2.16  MUVA  replied to  Trout Giggles @27.2.15    one month ago

I certainly do and can spot it from 1200 miles away.

Trout Giggles
27.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  MUVA @27    one month ago

Gee....the people that I know that think like you like to tell me what to do, too. Should I tell them to just fuck off and mind their own business?

MUVA
27.3.1  MUVA  replied to  Trout Giggles @27.3    one month ago

I don’t tell people what to do I live at the beach and see people walking their dogs off the leash daily and never once thought about confronting them now if the dog attacks me that would be a different story.If someone  feels like going a around telling others what to do they should be told to fuck off.I think if If someone is pissy all the time they should stay home.

Sparty On
27.3.2  Sparty On  replied to  MUVA @27.3.1    one month ago

Amen brother

Trout Giggles
27.3.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  MUVA @27.3.1    one month ago

Good, I'm glad you can mind your own business. I do, too, generally unless I see somebody flagrantly breaking the rules like parking in a handicapped spot.

I don't live amongst a whole of....how did you put that?...leftist narcs...I live amongst rightest narcs who seem to think that they should offer their opinions on where you go to church, how you should dress, how you should vote, and how you should raise your children. Now that I have your permission I now feel free to tell people to fuck off and mind their own fucking business.*** And I only get pissy when people get into my business.

***I think we should use this rule when an NT'er tells another NT'er what to do. What do you think?

Just Jim NC TttH
27.3.4  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Trout Giggles @27.3.3    one month ago
think we should use this rule when an NT'er tells another NT'er what to do. What do you think?

I don't know if I necessarily like it................but some here already do..........but "piss off" seems to be the "mind your own business" comment du jour.

Trout Giggles
27.3.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @27.3.4    one month ago

I don't think "piss off" should get a pass, but I'm not a moderator.

I've had certain people here tell me what to do and I really don't appreciate it. I don't like authoritarian tones in either my work life or personal life and that includes here.

loki12
27.3.6  loki12  replied to  Trout Giggles @27.3.3    one month ago
I now feel free to tell people to fuck off

Here you go, feel free to use this on the people who annoy you, it delivers the message.

MUVA
27.3.7  MUVA  replied to  Trout Giggles @27.3.3    one month ago

I would tell anyone I don’t know telling me what to do to fuck off.I mind my own business and don’t concern myself with others unless I’m confronted then they get a fuck off followed by a foot in the ass if they don’t fuck off it works well.

MUVA
27.3.8  MUVA  replied to  Trout Giggles @27.3.3    one month ago

I don’t really care if someone is fragrantly breaking rules I still mind my own business.

Trout Giggles
27.3.9  Trout Giggles  replied to  MUVA @27.3.7    one month ago

You go around striking people just because they said something to you? How many times have you been arrested for assault?

Trout Giggles
27.3.10  Trout Giggles  replied to  MUVA @27.3.8    one month ago

It doesn't bother you if someone is parked in a handicapped spot and shouldn't be or throws trash on the ground especially cigarette butts? Lit cigarette butts on a hot, dry day and there's a burn ban in place?

MUVA
27.3.11  MUVA  replied to  Trout Giggles @27.3.9    one month ago

If some is stupid enough to confront me and lay hands on me yes I give them the ass kicking. 

MUVA
27.3.12  MUVA  replied to  Trout Giggles @27.3.10    one month ago

It may bother me but I’m not a cop so I don’t confront people unless they do something to me or my family.

Trout Giggles
27.3.13  Trout Giggles  replied to  MUVA @27.3.11    one month ago

I didn't say anything about somebody laying hands on you just saying something to you that you don't like.

Trout Giggles
27.3.14  Trout Giggles  replied to  MUVA @27.3.12    one month ago

Your mom needs that handicapped spot and your house just burned down because of someone's carelessly tossed cigarette

Freewill
29  Freewill    one month ago

The woman clearly did not follow park policy, appears to have emotional issues, and is quite possibly a racist based on what she said.  The guy could have just asked her to leash the dog and let it be rather than taunting her with a camera, and most certainly had no right to offer or feed her dog anything.

Fair summary?  Was all of the other partisan bickering stuff above really necessary?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
29.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Freewill @29    one month ago

I agree on all points. 

Was all of the other partisan bickering stuff above really necessary?

Usually isn't. 

Freewill
29.1.1  Freewill  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @29.1    one month ago
Usually isn't. 

Never should be, especially on subjects like this, IMHO.

Trout Giggles
29.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Freewill @29    one month ago

C'mon, Free....you know the answer to that

Freewill
29.2.1  Freewill  replied to  Trout Giggles @29.2    one month ago
C'mon, Free....you know the answer to that

I know MY answer to that..."absolutely not".   

My brother had his Facebook messenger account hacked yesterday, so on Facebook he announces that its Trump's fault and goes on a screed, and he's serious about it.  The "R" key popped off my keyboard...fucking Obama.   I had bacon and eggs for breakfast and got gassy... fucking Righties.   That is how silly this kind of crap has become.  Why does everything have to be passed through a partisan lens with some people?  Isn't anyone else tired of this shit yet?

Trout Giggles
29.2.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Freewill @29.2.1    one month ago

I don't blame my current gastrointestinal problems on anybody but myself. I don't go around blaming others for I've done to myself or gotten myself into trouble over. I'm currently sitting on 7 tickets (one more and I'm getting an NT vacay) but I'm not blaming anybody but my own stupid mouth.

So, yeah, I'm getting a wee bit tired of stuff

MUVA
29.3  MUVA  replied to  Freewill @29    one month ago

Unless the dog attacked or jumped on him he could have minded his own business let the police enforce the law it is their job.

Freewill
29.3.1  Freewill  replied to  MUVA @29.3    one month ago

Indeed, a simple reminder about the leash rule would have sufficed.  But she could have followed the rules in the first place out of common courtesy and avoided the entire scene.

Kathleen
29.4  Kathleen  replied to  Freewill @29    one month ago

Okay free, you and someone else summed it up nicely.