╌>

When you are too invested in bigotry that you willingly choke your own dog.

Category:  News & Politics

By:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  323 comments

When you are too invested in bigotry that you willingly choke your own dog.

Melody Cooper

@melodyMcooper

· 8h

Oh, when Karens take a walk with their dogs off leash in the famous Bramble in NY’s Central Park, where it is clearly posted on signs that dogs MUST be leashed at all times, and someone like my brother (an avid birder) politely asks her to put her dog on the leash.

=======================================================

video at link

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    4 years ago

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  author  JohnRussell    4 years ago

She seems to be kind of hysterical. 

I was willing to take her side until she said she was going to call the cops and say there was an "African American" man threatening her life. 

Thats way over the top for this situation. 

user image
Freshman Silent
2.1    replied to  JohnRussell @2    4 years ago

The dog seems pretty upset....

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3  sandy-2021492    4 years ago

She is an all-around piece of shit human being (and I use that term loosely).

shona1
PhD Quiet
4  shona1    4 years ago

A/noon. Another one who thinks she is above the law. It is clearly sign posted dogs to be kept on the lead. She has had her 15 minutes of fame. A case of the minority stuffing it up again for the majourity and she got sprung. So instead of taking the blame plays the racist card. Hope she got fined for disobeying the law, animal abuse and making a false report to the Police. Sick of ferals here and around the world being a pain in the arse....

Kavika
Professor Principal
5  Kavika     4 years ago

Ahh the old fall back, a black/brown/red/yellow man did it. 

It never seems to end.

They should arrest the idiot for animal abuse. No way this dingbat deserves to have a dog.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Kavika @5    4 years ago

Too bad that dog didn't bite her.  I hope at least that the dog left her a present in her favorite shoes after they got home.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
6  1stwarrior    4 years ago

More click bait.

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.1  Kavika   replied to  1stwarrior @6    4 years ago

What clickbait? The dingbat damn near chocked her dog to death all the white being ''threated'' by an African American man...

It's always a good thing to point out animal abuse and bullshit lies about an ''African American'' man threatening her.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7  Tacos!    4 years ago
when Karens take a walk

Why do people engage in this? I know several Karens and they're all nice people. Some of them deeply resent that the internet has turned their name into a slur.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
7.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tacos! @7    4 years ago

I have been wondering why the reference to Karens.  Do you how that got started and why?  I have a cousin named Karen.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
7.1.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Ozzwald @7.1.1    4 years ago

I feel badly for the Karens out there who are good and thoughtful people.

evilone
Professor Guide
7.1.3  evilone  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @7.1    4 years ago
Do you how that got started and why?

I read somewhere weeks ago it started on Reddit with a poster talking about an actually Karen.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
7.1.4  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @7.1.2    4 years ago

I have to agree with you there. There are real-life Karens getting their name besmirched 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1.5  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @7.1.4    4 years ago

I never heard of the reference before this morning. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
7.1.7  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1.5    4 years ago

It's a NY term. They used to be called JAP's (Jewish American Princess), but since the word Jap is not nice, and many people who are like this are not Jewish, they came up with this name. In London, they are called Beckies which is the nickname for Rebecca because of a girl with that name making a similar scene. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
7.1.8  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Suz @7.1.6    4 years ago
What's scary to me is the woman's real name is already posted to Wikipedia as an example of a Karen.  Can people use Wikipedia to out someone they simply don't like?

Wow, I didn't know that! Could they be referring to the original Karen or is it specific to this event?

That is a scary thought!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1.9  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Suz @7.1.6    4 years ago
Can people use Wikipedia to out someone they simply don't like?

That doesnt sound right. Wikipedia is supposed to be an encyclopedia. I dont think this woman belongs in an encyclopedia. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8  Tacos!    4 years ago

The dog does appear to be off-leash in the beginning, but she also is holding him by the collar. If the dog was running loose, it would have been better if he had caught that part on video.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @8    4 years ago

Is it your "argument" that they guy may have been making the problem up?   I dont get the purpose of your comment, other than the usual.  

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1    4 years ago

It seems like a straightforward enough question. If he was trying to expose someone with their dog off leash, why did he not post a video to that effect? And if that wasn’t the point, why is he recording her?

Kavika
Professor Principal
9  Kavika     4 years ago

A white woman has apologized after calling police on a black man and saying 'there's an African American man threatening my life'

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Kavika @9    4 years ago

The woman may lose her job over this. 

I used to walk my dog in a city park not far from my house and I would regularly see other dog owners there with their dogs off the leash. Not uncommonly they would run up to my dog, who was on a leash and bark at him and rile him up and I never knew if there was going to be a dog fight because idiots refuse to keep their dogs on a leash in the park. 

Maybe her losing her job will be a lesson to people. 

Snuffy
Professor Participates
9.1.1  Snuffy  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1    4 years ago
Maybe her losing her job will be a lesson to people. 

I'm afraid I doubt she will learn anything from this.  Stupid people can't seem to understand where they have done wrong. The only reason why she apologized was because of her employer placed her on administrative leave and may fire her. She was caught and is trying to save her ass. But I seriously doubt she will learn anything from this and I feel confident that if she does lose her job she will blame the video and the "black man".

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
9.1.2  KDMichigan  replied to  Snuffy @9.1.1    4 years ago

I'm sure if she puts on her pussy hat and reaffirms her hatred for Donald Trump the left will forgive her and make excuses for her actions.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
9.1.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1    4 years ago

At the very least, she should have the dog taken away and be banned from owning another.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
9.1.4  pat wilson  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @9.1.3    4 years ago

That happened. The dog is back in the shelter she adopted him from a few years ago.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.1.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  pat wilson @9.1.4    4 years ago

Good! And I could care less if she hates trmp and owns a pussy hat!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
9.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Kavika @9    4 years ago

She mostly likely only backpedaled because the video went viral and she was busted.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
9.2.1  Split Personality  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @9.2    4 years ago

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
10  igknorantzrulz    4 years ago

what a Bitch

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
10.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  igknorantzrulz @10    4 years ago

the woman, that is

JBB
Professor Principal
11  JBB    4 years ago

There is a word for Karens like her not used in polite society...outside of kennels!

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
11.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  JBB @11    4 years ago

I just saw a gif with that a few days ago.  Hilarious!

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
11.1.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  sandy-2021492 @11.1    4 years ago

not really Karen about Karens, what might they be...

an acronym where the K might stand for Koo koo ka chew

or possibly

Kennel acquired ruff edged  nuff said...?

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
12  KDMichigan    4 years ago

[ deleted ]

Amy Cooper told CNN she wanted to "publicly apologize to everyone."
"I'm not a racist. I did not mean to harm that man in any way," she said, adding that she also didn't mean any harm to the African American community.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
13  author  JohnRussell    4 years ago
removed for context

I suppose then that when Republicans are [Deleted

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @13    4 years ago
I suppose then that when Republicans are outed for being racist they are proud of it. 

I didn't read that. Please show me where it says that she was a Republican.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
13.1.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.1    4 years ago

I'm not responsible for you misunderstanding what I said. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
13.1.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.1    4 years ago

Vic,

No one knows her political affiliation, but KD said some nasty comments about her probably being a dem and so I think this is a payback post.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.1.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @13.1.2    4 years ago

John & I are supposed to be above "payback posts" or even stealing article titles to score points.

No worries!

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
13.1.4  KDMichigan  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @13.1.2    4 years ago
but KD said some nasty comments about her

Saying she sounds like a typical democrat is a nasty comment about her? 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
13.1.5  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  KDMichigan @13.1.4    4 years ago

In the context that you used it, yes. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
13.1.6  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.1.3    4 years ago

Vic,

I wasn't talking about you or John. I really wish if you would just ask me, instead of accusing me. 

squiggy
Junior Silent
13.1.7  squiggy  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @13.1.2    4 years ago
I think this is a payback post. 

That's funny. When I do it, all I hear is that, "Two wrongs..." shit.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
13.1.8  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  squiggy @13.1.7    4 years ago

Had I been talking to KD that is what I would have said, but I was talking to Vic. 

Geeze you guys really make a sport out of trying to trip me up. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
13.1.9  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @13.1.8    4 years ago

No one can trip you up. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
13.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @13    4 years ago

You have to remember that he/she supports a racist

[deleted]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
14  Sparty On    4 years ago

Silly woman, fell right into his trap.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
14.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @14    4 years ago

You mean somebody randomly filming a woman?  Ya, that is taboo. I wouldn't never do that.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
14.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @14.1    4 years ago

It's funny, i've train my share of dogs and that dog is clearly out of control.    The ironic thing related to the title of this article is she probably had it on the leash and took it off because the dog was doing the choke walk.   Anyone who has trained a dog like that knows what i mean.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
14.1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @14.1.1    4 years ago

I'm not what anyone would call "a dog person."  Is the "choke walk" when a dog on a leash starts rearing up, walking on it's hind legs?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
14.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @14.1.2    4 years ago

Yeah, pulls on the leash so hard they choke themselves.   Dogs like that are completely out of control and need major work.  

Myself, i wouldn't be walking it in a public park like that until i got the dog under better control.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
14.1.4  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @14.1.1    4 years ago
It's funny, i've train my share of dogs and that dog is clearly out of control.    The ironic thing related to the title of this article is she probably had it on the leash and took it off because the dog was doing the choke walk.

In the beginning of the video the dog is sitting there calmly. It is only when she is constantly lifting the dog off the ground by his neck that he becomes agitated. 

You may be right that the dog is generally out of control, or you may be wrong.  There is no evidence in the video either way. All we see is her lifting the dog by it's neck. That doesnt tell us how the dog was behaving before the video started. 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
14.1.5  KDMichigan  replied to  JohnRussell @14.1.4    4 years ago
Christian Cooper, who described himself as an avid bird-watcher, was out birding between 7:30 a.m. and 8 a.m. Monday in the Ramble, a section of Central Park full of winding paths and thick greenery that attracts over 230 bird species.
That's when he says he saw a dog off its leash.
"That's important to us birders because we know that dogs won't be off leash at all and we can go there to see the ground-dwelling birds," Christian Cooper said. "People spend a lot of money and time planting in those areas as well. Nothing grows in a dog run for a reason."

Amy Cooper told CNN she was walking her unleashed dog, knowing that it was against the rules.
"He was running in an open field. This man, he was bird-watching. He came out of the bush," she said, adding that Christian Cooper was screaming at her.
Christian Cooper said the dog was "tearing through the plantings," and he told Amy Cooper the dog needed to be on a leash. He said he was not screaming at Amy Cooper, and "was actually pretty calm."
The two went back-and-forth about the dog leash. Christian Cooper, according to his Facebook post, then told her: "Look, if you're going to do what you want, I'm going to do what I want, but you're not going to like it."
"I didn't know what that meant. When you're alone in a wooded area, that's absolutely terrifying, right?" Amy Cooper said.
Christian Cooper said he then pulled out dog treats. He told CNN he keeps dog treats with him to get dog owners to put their dogs on leashes because, in his experience, dog owners hate when a stranger feeds their dog treats and immediately restrain their dogs afterward.
Amy Cooper said he was throwing them at her dog. Christian Cooper said he never threw any treats.
And that's when he started recording the incident, he said on Facebook.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
14.1.6  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @14.1.4    4 years ago

Hey, i'm not defender her, far from it.   As someone else here noted she is clearly disturbed.   Something the person taking the video clearly does not take into account by pressing his attack.   And make no mistake it was an attack.    Otherwise he would have stopped recording when she asked him to.

Both people in this case acted stupidly and the poor dog was paying the price.   The dog is the only one here blameless really.  

There are no bad dogs, only bad dog owners.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
14.1.7  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @14.1    4 years ago

She is not the victim here. NYers will tell you that various parts of the park have rules that are supposed to be followed. It is a well known fact, that dogs are not allowed to run in the Rambles in Central Park because of the bird watchers. He apparently asked her to put her dog on a leash... but the dog is not on a leash. I would take a film of this these days. People are a bit of the hinge and without film, it's a she said, he said. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
14.1.8  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sparty On @14.1.6    4 years ago

I have to agree with you about the dog. He needed to be in a harness and not a choke collar. The poor dog is now paying the price. 

But that was not an attack. That was proof. She broke the well-known rules. Otherwise it's a she said/ he said. I would have done the same thing. The cops in NY always ask if you have any witness, and clearly there were none. My only additional commentary is that he should have taken video of the dog running around, too. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
14.1.9  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @14.1.7    4 years ago

I never called anyone a victim....Did I?

As for keeping dogs on leashes, I'm a huge supporter of that - in or out of Central Park.

There is a lot going on there beyond the rules of Central Park. You say that the film was needed to prove the dog was off the leash, yet even after capturing all of that we reach the point of the woman acting hysterical and still the camera keeps running! How come?

Also there is the curious case of her identity being revealed and her "suspension" from work. Does any of that seem appropriate?  

Please explain.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
14.1.10  Sparty On  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @14.1.8    4 years ago
But that was not an attack.

I disagree, he had already got what he needed and could have stopped when she asked him.   Him continuing to video her clearly sent her off the rails.   He could have stopped and calmly continued asking her to put the dog on the leash.

He escalated it by continuing to video which he didn't need to do at that point.

This a case where cell phones become a scourge.   Everyone thinks they are an Avenger and/or Cecil B Demille.   He acted as stupidly as her in that regard imo.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
14.1.11  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Sparty On @14.1.10    4 years ago
He escalated it by continuing to video which he didn't need to do at that point.

he only protected himself by continuing. if he had "cut tape" when she demanded he would not have all the video evidence that he did nothing to her.

getting her continued rants on tape made his case that she was bat schit crazy and he did nothing wrong.

anyone out in public can be filmed and no one filming in public needs anyone else's permission to do so.

her "feelings" about that, are her problem and hers alone.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
14.1.12  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @14.1.9    4 years ago

Vic, I never said you did. I do believe those are my words.

And why was the woman behaving hysterically? He never approached her. In fact, at first, she got in his face and not the other way around. I would have kept the video going since she says he is attacking her, which he is not.

Also there is the curious case of her identity being revealed and her "suspension" from work. Does any of that seem appropriate?  

Well, social media at its best. It was posted. Probably, someone who knows her revealed who she was. There is no solid information about that.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
14.1.13  Sparty On  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @14.1.11    4 years ago

Or he could have simply moved on.

I don't think the world was going to end with one crazy lady walking with an unleashed dog in the park.

But that's just my opinion, i could be wrong.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
14.1.14  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Sparty On @14.1.1    4 years ago

IYO, does using a leash harness work better for a lot of dogs?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
14.1.15  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sparty On @14.1.10    4 years ago
I disagree, he had already got what he needed and could have stopped when she asked him.   Him continuing to video her clearly sent her off the rails.   He could have stopped and calmly continued asking her to put the dog on the leash.

And what proof would he have had, if she said something happened after the filming ended? She was obviously a bit nuts to begin with. And for the record, I have had this happen to me with my kids. There was a mom who freaked out on me, because she said that my daughter took the horse that her daughter wanted on the carousel. I didn't freak out. I waited till the police came and they watched the video. The other mother was escorted out of the park. btw.. I was not the one taking the video.

This a case where cell phones become a scourge.   Everyone thinks they are an Avenger and/or Cecil B Demille.   He acted as stupidly as her in that regard imo.

There is good and bad with the phones. Innocent people have found justice from videos, and innocent people have had an invasion of their personal space, too. What I dislike is what social media does with these videos. It then becomes weaponized. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
14.1.16  Sparty On  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @14.1.14    4 years ago

Hell yes, harnesses are usually much better imo.   Especially when training tougher dogs

Much easier to control the animal, it doesn't choke them and it's tougher for the dog to reach back and bite you.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
14.1.17  Sparty On  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @14.1.15    4 years ago

Well, we disagree on this then.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
14.1.19  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sparty On @14.1.13    4 years ago

There are rules in the park so that everyone can enjoy the park. There are several dog runs where he could have been off his leash. But the Rambles are constantly being repaired due to dogs. There are signs up all through the Rambles asking people to be considerate. 

Sorry, but she is not special and hence the tag name "Karen". Karen's are people who think they are better than the rules and that they deserve special treatment. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
14.1.20  Sparty On  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @14.1.19    4 years ago

No need to get snippy.   I've never denied she was breaking "the rules."

Kavika
Professor Principal
14.1.21  Kavika   replied to  Paula Bartholomew @14.1.14    4 years ago

I train the bully breeds on a regular basis getting them ready for adoption. The bully breeds are Staffordshire Terrier, Bull Terrier, American Bulldog etc etc. 

I use a couple of methods when training these very powerful dogs to be good on a leash. If they choke pull I usually drop the leash low and not move forward with them. I also use a harness for them or a prong collar. The old ''tree method'' usually works. When they start pulling stop and act like a tree, the dog will eventually stop pulling. 

When dealing with 50 to 90 lbs breeds having control is essential especially if they have a tendency to be aggressive. 

From what I've read she recently got this dog from a rescue shelter. You NEVER let a newly acquired dog off-leash in a public area. That is asking for a lot of problems. 

Grabbing the dog by the collar was ignorant. She left herself open to being bitten if the dog really panicked and she was choking him which will make it fight even more. 

This is Carmella, a 70 lb American Staffordshire Terrier. She was badly abused and I suspect was used for dogfighting because of some of the scars and her reaction to other dogs. She was frightened which made her aggressive. I worked with her for 6 months and she is now gentle as a lamp and great on a leash. When I first started her on a leash she could/would pull you right off your feet. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
14.1.22  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @14.1.11    4 years ago

Thank you Magic. Apparently if I say that, I have an agenda. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
14.1.23  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sparty On @14.1.20    4 years ago

OK I am really getting annoyed. Please show me where in my informative post that I got snippy with you. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
14.1.24  Sparty On  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @14.1.23    4 years ago
OK I am really getting annoyed.

Don't worry, i beat you there.

I'm out ....

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
14.1.25  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sparty On @14.1.24    4 years ago

Sorry you feel the need to be "out" but I will not be accused of doing something I didn't do. It's been a constant theme in this article and I am very careful with my words. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
14.1.27  Sparty On  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @14.1.25    4 years ago

There you go again, with the snippy attitude.   You are "sorry" i feel the need?   Well lucky me.

I'm out because i know there is no point to this discussion.   I won't agree with you and you won't agree with me.

Would you like to keep throwing personal indignation's at each other or would you care to stop?   Your call.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
14.1.28  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sparty On @14.1.27    4 years ago

Look, Sparty, my original comment here: 14.1.19 you called snippy. It was not. And yes I was annoyed since everything I say seems to elicit something I never meant. How would you feel if every comment you made, was taken the wrong way?

I was being sincere when I said I was sorry, about you being out.  but I am tired of feeling under attack for everything I say.

Can we call it a day, and chalk this up to a misunderstanding?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
14.1.29  Sparty On  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @14.1.28    4 years ago
Can we call it a day,

Yes, that's what i was trying to do.   We don't have to agree on everything and thats okay by me.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
14.1.30  pat wilson  replied to  Sparty On @14.1.6    4 years ago
by pressing his attack. 

So videoing someone is an attack ? She actually came forward and got in his face, as he backed up.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
14.1.32  KDMichigan  replied to  Suz @14.1.31    4 years ago

See my post below. 

You give my dog a treat I will probably punch you in the throat.

Oh she has no teeth so she would probably choke on it is why you would get punched in the throat.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
14.1.33  KDMichigan  replied to  Suz @14.1.31    4 years ago
Christian Cooper said he then pulled out dog treats. He told CNN he keeps dog treats with him to get dog owners to put their dogs on leashes because, in his experience, dog owners hate when a stranger feeds their dog treats and immediately restrain their dogs afterward

This right here, he purposefully agitated the situation by his own admittance. I am not excusing her behavior, but this in my eyes is a case of it takes two to tango.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
15  Greg Jones    4 years ago

Is Karen another name for a liberal New Yorker?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
15.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Greg Jones @15    4 years ago

No, just an entitled, selfish woman. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
15.3  Tacos!  replied to  Greg Jones @15    4 years ago

It's a way for immature people to imagine they are smart.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
16  Dean Moriarty    4 years ago

It looks to me like she is suffering from psychosis. This is probably a mental health issue. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
16.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Dean Moriarty @16    4 years ago

Vote up on that comment Dean. Indeed she seems nuts. 

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
17  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    4 years ago

If I were sincerely frightened (for whatever reason), I would be attaching leash to dog and hauling my ass right out of there via feet-don't-fail-me-now mode.  Ms. Cooper seemed more concerned with being filmed, than being harmed.

On the flip side, Mr. Cooper seemed well-prepared for this kind of encounter...with his offensive dog treats at the ready.

Central Park this morning: This woman's dog is tearing through the plantings in the Ramble.

ME: Ma'am, dogs in the Ramble have to be on the leash at all times. The sign is right there.
HER: The dog runs are closed. He needs his exercise.
ME: All you have to do is take him to the other side of the drive, outside the Ramble, and you can let him run off leash all you want.
HER: It's too dangerous.
ME: Look, if you're going to do what you want, I'm going to do what I want, but you're not going to like it.
HER: What's that?
ME (to the dog): Come here, puppy!
HER: He won't come to you.
ME: We'll see about that...

I pull out the dog treats I carry for just for such intransigence. I didn't even get a chance to toss any treats to the pooch before Karen scrambled to grab the dog.

HER: DON'T YOU TOUCH MY DOG!!!!!

That's when I started video recording with my iPhone, and when her inner Karen fully emerged and took a dark turn..

Source   (worth a read, btw)

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
17.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @17    4 years ago

Good find sister. 

Professor Guide
17.1.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  JohnRussell @17.1    4 years ago
Good find sister. 

This lady was so nuts, it didn't make sense...unless there was dialogue prior to the posted beginning of the video.  Don't get me wrong, if it were me in this instance, and I was frightened of this person, running would be my first move.  I also noticed that she was looking up really high to meet his direct look.  I wanted see if I could determine how big this guy is.  That's when I found the 5 Facts article where a bit more of Mr. Cooper's story came out, including the fact that, according to him, his sister edited and then uploaded the video. The following dialogue was not included on the video, but was included as part of a post by Mr. Cooper.  

ME: All you have to do is take him to the other side of the drive, outside the Ramble, and you can let him run off leash all you want.
HER: It's too dangerous.
ME: Look, if you're going to do what you want, I'm going to do what I want, but you're not going to like it.
HER: What's that?
ME (to the dog): Come here, puppy!
HER: He won't come to you.
ME: We'll see about that...

She tells him his suggestion is too dangerous.  His response to her is indeed terrifying.  ME: Look, if you're going to do what you want, I'm going to do what I want, but you're not going to like it.

Keep in mind those are his own words, and they are quite menacing, even in print.  

Two sides, I guess.  

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
17.1.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @17.1.1    4 years ago

This then becomes a story of two Karens. 

She knows the rules. Her dog is not special. There are many dog runs throughout the park and other spaces that they can be off a leash. 

And while he is obviously a Rambler, he thinks he is the Rambles personal protector, which he is not (although he is probably a volunteer there, since he seems very prepared) that comment does sound menacing although a woman could have said the same comment and I am sure it would have received a different reaction. 

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
17.2  Dean Moriarty  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @17    4 years ago

This is why they invented serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) like Paxil. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
17.2.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Dean Moriarty @17.2    4 years ago

OMG you're killing me Dean. ROFLMAO!!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
17.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @17    4 years ago
Ms. Cooper seemed more concerned with being filmed, than being harmed.

Any thoughts on women randomly being filmed?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
17.3.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Vic Eldred @17.3    4 years ago

Quite frankly if I were walking my dog and someone, random stranger, wanted to give my dog a treat, I would have said no also. You just never know with people these days.

As for the filming, isn't that a privacy invasion if it takes more than a few seconds. A picture or two would have provided the same "no collar" evidence.

JMHO

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
17.3.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @17.3.1    4 years ago

Least of all in Central Park!

lib50
Professor Silent
17.3.3  lib50  replied to  Vic Eldred @17.3    4 years ago

Black people seem to need video evidence to protect themselves from interactions with entitled white people. And cops.  Any thoughts on her breaking the law letting her dog run without a leash?  Or her instinct to call 911 and tell them a black man was threatening her (when he wasn't)?

pat wilson
Professor Participates
17.3.4  pat wilson  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @17.3.1    4 years ago

You don't have a "reasonable expectation of privacy" in a public park.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
17.3.5  Vic Eldred  replied to  lib50 @17.3.3    4 years ago
Black people seem to need video evidence to protect themselves from interactions with entitled white people.

That was going to be my next question for Perrie - Suppose the guy with the camera had been white or suppose the woman hadn't identified him as "African-American?

Would she have had her identity exposed in that case?

Would she have been "suspended" in that case?

Would this have ever been a "news story" to begin with in that case?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
17.3.6  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @17.3.5    4 years ago

I have seen this kind of behavior (filming of each other) in both the playground, the hawk watch/ Strawberry Fields and in the zoo at the park. I have seen every variation of peoples doing this to each other. It is always a pissy event. Central Park has various rules depending on parts of the park, and the rules are there for the enjoyment of everyone in the park. When people break these rules, they usually do so knowingly, and because they feel special. 

So now given an explanation of the park I will answer Vic.

Suppose the guy with the camera had been white or suppose the woman hadn't identified him as "African-American?

Suppose what? The scene would have probably gone down. The descriptors would have been different.

Would she have had her identity exposed in that case?

He posted it on social media.   

Would she have been "suspended" in that case?

That is up to company policy. 

Would this have ever been a "news story" to begin with in that case?

Sure it would. Think of all the videos that BF posts of people behaving badly.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
17.3.7  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  pat wilson @17.3.4    4 years ago
You don't have a "reasonable expectation of privacy" in a public park.

That is true, but I have reported men to the police who were taking videos of children in the playgrounds that had no children there (I always ask first, since there are plenty of dads in the park, but you usually can tell by age and interactions). The police always make them erase the video and move on. 

evilone
Professor Guide
17.3.8  evilone  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @17.3.7    4 years ago

The actual law about taking photos and video in public places is clear. There is no reasonable expectation of privacy and if the person filming did not want to stop or erase the video/photos they would win in any court. It has to get to court though. The cops can harass and arrest you just because they feel like it and let you go without charges later. Then it's up to that person to hire a lawyer, get back their equipment and all the other bs that goes with it. 

That said ethical photographers do not take photos of other people's children without permission. It's just plain creepy.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
17.3.9  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  evilone @17.3.8    4 years ago

When it comes to the children's playgrounds, the police are more worried about the safety of the children over all else. Most of the police are on horses in the park and they don't engage on the level of harassment. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
17.3.10  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @17.3.5    4 years ago

What is your point Vic? That black people shouldnt video white people being racist because it hurts some white peoples feelings? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
17.3.11  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @17.3.6    4 years ago
Sure it would.

No Perrie, I don't think so. As alluded to in your first sentence, this stuff goes on a lot. When she called the police and said "there is an African-American man" is when it became a news story and here we are with everyone diving in.

By the way she was fired.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
17.3.12  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @17.3.11    4 years ago

People get fired all the time in America "at will" which often means your boss doesnt like you or wants to give your job to his wife's brother. 

I feel sorry because her world turned upside down over something ultimately trivial, but again, people have lost their jobs for all sorts of trivial reasons. 

Hopefully she will grow as a person because of it. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
17.3.13  author  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @17.3.12    4 years ago
By the way she was fired.

"Following our internal review of the incident in Central Park yesterday, we have made the decision to terminate the employee involved, effective immediately. We do not tolerate racism of any kind at Franklin Templeton,"   the company said on Twitter .

Amy Cooper was walking her dog Monday morning while Christian Cooper (no relation) was bird-watching   at a wooded area of Central Park called the Ramble . They both told CNN their dispute began because her dog was not on a leash, contrary to the Ramble's rules, according to   the park's website .

Christian Cooper recorded video of part of their encounter and   posted it on Facebook , where it has since been shared thousands of times and became a trending topic on Twitter. In the video, he is largely silent while she frantically tells police he is threatening her and her dog.

"I'm taking a picture and calling the cops," Amy Cooper is heard saying in the video. "I'm going to tell them there's an African American man threatening my life."

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
17.3.14  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @17.3.12    4 years ago

She was fired because business is intimidated by political correctness. 

This is a non-story. I saw it on Fox News this morning and I said to myself it's gonna be posted on NT!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
17.3.15  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @17.3.10    4 years ago
What is your point Vic?

You know my point.

That black people shouldnt video white people being racist because it hurts some white peoples feelings? 

That was the story wasn't it?  Can you admit it was about race and hate-filled lefties in the media?

No you can't. Didn't think so.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
17.3.16  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @17.3.14    4 years ago

Her behavior reflected poorly on the company, in their opinion. 

C'est la vie. 

We often hear that "racism" doesnt exist anymore.   I think a phone call to 911 when you tell the dispatcher that an "African American" man is threatening your life qualifies as every day racism.  She didnt have to tell the dispatcher the guy was black, certainly not until if and when she was asked to identify him by the police. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
17.3.17  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @17.3.15    4 years ago

Vic,

It is a two way street. We have carried loads of stories where blacks look really bad and then everyone makes comments about their bad behavior. You know that this is true. 

This one is not as cut and dry. She is clearly out of her mind. She used the right word "African American" (I would have just said black man), and she is breaking the park rules. All in all, this video to me, looks like she's an idiot. 

Now for the guy who posted it, maybe he had an agenda. But once it was out there it became news. And let's face it, we are all sick of reading about the pandemic, so there was something else to write about. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
17.3.18  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @17.3.15    4 years ago
 That black people shouldnt video white people being racist because it hurts some white peoples feelings? That was the story wasn't it?  Can you admit it was about race and hate-filled lefties in the media?No you can't. Didn't think so.

I think the most telling thing in the video is when she walks toward the man and says

"I'm going to tell them there's an African American man threatening my life. "

There is nothing in the video, or in the story, to suggest he was threatening her life. 

She did in fact call the police, and told them exactly that. She was more than willing to get this man in trouble with the law, and to say he was black. 

It blew up in her face. We call that (mostly) instant karma. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
17.3.19  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @17.3.15    4 years ago

Vic, ask yourself a question, and be honest. 

If the man had called , whoever, and reported her, do you think he would have started off telling the authorities "there is a white woman here who has her dog off the leash".  ? 

Be honest. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
17.3.20  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @17.3.19    4 years ago
Be honest. 

I can see why somebody would think there was racism involved when her first description was confined to him being an African-American man. Later we hear her add that he was wearing a bike helmet as she began using his race along with other characteristics as identifying details. Honestly, I really can't say if she was racist or not. 

Now it's your turn for a bit of honesty.  It was Mr. Cooper's decision to post that video on facebook. From there it was investigated by the usual outraged extremists and by Monday someone who said they had been the white woman’s dog walker identified her. The New York Times picked it up as a major news story. I knew it would be posted on NT (as I said) complete with all the usual social justice warriors chiming in.

Here is my question for you:

In one day, Amy Cooper lost her job, her dog, and her reputation. Does that satisfy you?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
17.3.21  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @17.3.17    4 years ago
was something else to write about.

You mean RACE!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
17.3.22  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @17.3.20    4 years ago

It has nothing to do with me.  I do feel sorry for the woman, but people lose their jobs for no good reason every day. You probably call that the business owners prerogative. 

She demonstrated what is known as casual or everyday racism. It was a mistake on her part. Hopefully she recovers and learns from it. 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
17.3.24  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @17.3.20    4 years ago
I can see why somebody would think there was racism involved when her first description was confined to him being an African-American man.

The first time she mentions his race in the video, she is addressing him.  "I'm going to tell them there's an African American man threatening my life."  She hasn't connected to dispatch yet; she's telling him what she's going to report.  I don't think it's likely that he needs her to clarify his race to him for accuracy.  She's announcing her intention to lie about his actions, and make sure to include his race while doing so.

It was racism before the dispatcher ever picked up.

Somehow, recognizing that has become being "a hate-filled leftist".  Is denying blatantly racist behavior a right-wing trait?  It seems some are claiming that for their side.  Not very flattering toward themselves.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
17.3.25  KDMichigan  replied to  sandy-2021492 @17.3.24    4 years ago
Somehow, recognizing that has become being "a hate-filled leftist"

She is a hate filled leftist, I love her being exposed. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
17.3.26  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  KDMichigan @17.3.25    4 years ago
She is a hate filled leftist, I love her being exposed. 

[ deleted ]

What Sandy said was that right wing conservatives are claiming that those who are angered by this and exposed this woman must be "hate filled leftists" simply because they pointed out the racist hate they observed.

There is no actual evidence this woman is a "leftist" at all, but am not surprised when those on the right try to deflect from their own deep seated racism by accusing their opponents of the same.

"In response to the video, many on social media began to speculate and insist that Amy Cooper was a Trump supporter and a member of the “MAGA” movement.

However, campaign contribution information — with donations to Democrats such as Barack Obama, Pete Buttigieg, and John Kerry — leaked online earlier today appeared to suggest that Amy actually identifies as a liberal. This matters, because in this political era, during this most critical US presidential election, it is necessary that we understand and recognize that white violence transcends party lines and political ideology."

However, the piece does not offer any proof of donations from Cooper to any of those candidates . Instead, it hedges further: "There’s a chance the Amy Cooper we see in that viral video may not be the same Amy Cooper whose details were leaked onto social media — but as a New York City resident, she’s still statistically much likely to be a Democrat than a Republican, and the conversation about white liberal racism is long overdue."

" Looking at those donations, however, the New York City-based Amy Cooper who donated $1,550 to Obama’s campaign that year was  listed  as “retired” by the FEC"

" It is unlikely that the Amy Cooper caught on video was retired , and unclear whether she would have been able to contribute to any presidential campaign at the time. As Heavy.com  reported , she was born in Canada"

So that's what you consider "being exposed"? Some unfounded spurious claim that she donated to Democrats but those making the claim admit they have no proof this is the same woman and the initial evidence actually strongly suggests that it is not the same woman? That's your evidence? 

And then just claiming it's more likely she's a Democrat because she lives in NY is just too rich. I guess we can just assume ALL the white supremacists, KKK and wannabe Nazi's are Republican because most live in Republican majority States, right? Is that now a fair assessment? But of course, for those on the right, the ends justify the means, and as we see many of them are willing to lie, cheat and steal to deflect from the obvious deep seated racism and hate this President and their party continue to nurture and excuse.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
17.3.27  KDMichigan  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @17.3.26    4 years ago

[deleted]

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
17.3.28  Trout Giggles  replied to  KDMichigan @17.3.27    4 years ago

How do you know she's a leftist? She may be a registered Democrat but that doesn't mean she's a leftist. She could be a moderate or even conservative Democrat. They do exist you know

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
17.3.29  KDMichigan  replied to  Trout Giggles @17.3.28    4 years ago

[deleted]

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
17.3.30  Trout Giggles  replied to  KDMichigan @17.3.29    4 years ago

[deleted] That doesn't explain anything. If you don't know then just say so. Don't pussy-breath around trying to look smart [deleted]

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
17.3.31  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  KDMichigan @17.3.29    4 years ago
removed for context

Yes, that is what you're doing with the same tired, lame bullshit right wing rhetoric and lies.

Veronica
Professor Guide
17.3.32  Veronica  replied to  Trout Giggles @17.3.30    4 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

I almost hacked up a lung laughing at this.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
17.3.33  Trout Giggles  replied to  Veronica @17.3.32    4 years ago

I'm glad I could make someone laugh today

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
17.3.34  Trout Giggles  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @17.3.31    4 years ago

Not only is it lame it's boring. Really. If they don't something why don't they just say so? They would look so much respectable [deleted]

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
17.3.35  KDMichigan  replied to  Trout Giggles @17.3.30    4 years ago

I understand that you don't get it that's why you have to resort to personal insults.

I can't help you to understand anything that's all on you.

Pussy breath? Is that the best you got, if you are going to willfully violate the CoC go big. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
17.3.36  Trout Giggles  replied to  KDMichigan @17.3.35    4 years ago

[deleted]

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
17.3.37  KDMichigan  replied to  Trout Giggles @17.3.36    4 years ago

[deleted]

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
17.3.38  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  KDMichigan @17.3.37    4 years ago

To both of you,

Knock it off with the personal insults and taunts. I will start to write big points if this continues. 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
17.3.39  KDMichigan  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @17.3.38    4 years ago

Who made the personal insults? 

Talk to your fellow traveler.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
17.3.40  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  KDMichigan @17.3.39    4 years ago

Please read again:

Knock it off with the personal insults and taunts.

You would be the taunts. 

Talk to your fellow traveler.

Aren't we all fellow travelers?

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
17.4  KDMichigan  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @17    4 years ago

I'm not defending this woman's actions but you should never give another persons dogs treats without their consent.

I carry treats for my canine friends and I buy quality treats, not them made in 'CHYNA' crap. and I always asks unless they are a regular of course.

The other day a woman was sitting in her car while her husband pumped gas and the dog was barking like crazy. I asked her if he could have a treat and showed her the brand. She said yes and so I gave the dog one and the little yapper STFU.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
17.4.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  KDMichigan @17.4    4 years ago

That's a good reason for her to keep her dog leashed.  Dogs who are not leashed tend to get into things they shouldn't.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
17.4.2  KDMichigan  replied to  sandy-2021492 @17.4.1    4 years ago

What does that have to do with anything I said? 

So its impossible to give a leashed dog a treat?

Again you should never give someone else's dog a treat without asking. I didn't think it was up for debate.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
17.4.3  Sparty On  replied to  KDMichigan @17.4.2    4 years ago
Again you should never give someone else's dog a treat without asking.

Absolutely.  

A hard and fast rule for those of us who aren't trying to control everyone and everything that doesn't goosestep in exact unison with OUR OWN preferred narratives.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
17.5  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @17    4 years ago

Just a FYI,

The planters and bird watchers in the Rambles are a bit how should I put it... "On a mission" about that area. His carrying dog treats to throw at the dog, knowing the dog owners reaction, does indicate that he had a bit of chip on his shoulder about what he considered his part of the park and knowing the park rules for that area.

Kavika
Professor Principal
17.5.1  Kavika   replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @17.5    4 years ago

It clear that dogs must be kept on a leash at all times. What is so difficult to understand about? A dog that is new to her and not leashed is a huge liability. What if the dog attacks someone or attacked another dog or what if it was attacked by another dog or it ran away. 

She is fricking stupid, it's simple as that. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
17.5.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @17.5    4 years ago

I can understand people getting uptight about dogs running loose in a protected area. The gentleman was there to watch birds and probably enjoy the plants in The Rambles, it being spring and all.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
17.5.3  Sparty On  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @17.5    4 years ago
does indicate that he had a bit of chip on his shoulder

Damn right it does and doing so he helped start a shit show that is running a life.   Does she have culpability?   Yep, she started it by not following established rules but he pressed his attack and now someone is getting death threats.

Something happens to her he has blood on his hands.   No doubt about it.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
17.5.4  Tacos!  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @17.5    4 years ago

I HATE when people will not control their dogs. It's definitely a peeve for me. Nevertheless, that doesn't give anyone the right to try to feed anything to another person's dog. He has no idea what special diet restrictions that dog might have. He could be poisoning it for all he knows.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
21  Sparty On    4 years ago

1stwarrior nailed this many posts ago .... click bait.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Professor Guide
21.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Sparty On @21    4 years ago

I don't think John seeded it as click bait, but I think it's possible that Mr. Cooper's sister did.  

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
22  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

This was just on my local news.  She had been fired from her job.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
22.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @22    4 years ago

She also surrendered the dog back to the shelter where she got him.  Now maybe that dog has a better chance for a decent forever home.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
22.1.1  pat wilson  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @22.1    4 years ago

I think you're right. Sometimes it's better that the dog goes back to the shelter to get another chance. It's just sad.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
23  Split Personality    4 years ago

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
23.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Split Personality @23    4 years ago

She just blew a very good paying job and because she was fired, she can't get unemployment.  Also, now that this has gone viral, she will be hard pressed to find another job on the level as the one she threw away.

lib50
Professor Silent
23.1.1  lib50  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @23.1    4 years ago

Some of the assholes emboldened by Trump's overt racism and nastiness think they can do it too.  Too bad they get the consequences Trump doesn't.  She can blame him.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
23.1.3  KDMichigan  replied to  Release The Kraken @23.1.2    4 years ago

I knew that, just look at her, she has the Elizabeth Warren bat shit crazy liberal look.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
23.1.5  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Release The Kraken @23.1.2    4 years ago

the trump era has ruined the poor womans mind

Sparty On
Professor Principal
23.1.6  Sparty On  replied to  Release The Kraken @23.1.2    4 years ago

Doh!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
23.1.7  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @23.1.5    4 years ago

Just one more bad thing, in a long, long litany of bad things that are all Trumps fault.

It's quite amazing how powerful he is according to you.

Absolutely amazing!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
23.1.9  Sparty On  replied to  Kathleen @23.1.8    4 years ago

Code out .... really!

lib50
Professor Silent
23.1.10  lib50  replied to  Release The Kraken @23.1.2    4 years ago

She's not one of me because I'M NOT LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE.  It also helps I don't care who belongs to who, I base my opinion on the behavior.  I don't protect someone who does wrong 'because they're my people' like you obviously do.  I don't come out and push lies and excuses when somebody does wrong.  Try it sometime.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
23.1.11  Trout Giggles  replied to  lib50 @23.1.10    4 years ago

jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

user image
Freshman Silent
24      4 years ago

I havent read all the comments on this thread I will admit right now. But seriously, what right did he have to record her? She was well within her rights to be pissed off. I would have been pissed if I was her 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
24.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  @24    4 years ago

There is no law against him recording her.  They are out in public.  There is a law against having a dog unleashed in that area, and there is a law against filing false police reports.  And her immediate expression of her intention to do so, with a racial motivation thrown in, pretty much support his decision to record her.  Some folks always seem to give the benefit of the doubt to the lying racist animal abuser.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
24.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  sandy-2021492 @24.1    4 years ago

She didn't actually file a report, but they can get her on abuse of the 9-11 system as well as animal abuse.  That would be up to the DA to decide if they want to pursue charges or not.  Most likely she would get a fine and probation.

freepress
Freshman Silent
25  freepress    4 years ago

Wealthy entitled white people hate to be held to any rules. The college admissions scandal where rich celebrities and other wealthy entitled elites pay to play, only to get caught and make the most outrageous excuses for their cheating. They expect to evade any laws whether it's new Covid rules in shopping, or leash laws or social distancing rules, or any kind of law or rule for that matter. They will buy their way out, scream and complain like spoiled brats until they get what they want, or get handed a light sentence when they do break any laws. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
26  Sparty On    4 years ago

Now she's getting death threats.

Video boy is now trying to put the genie back in the bottle by pleading for people to stop with the threats.

Too little to late for that now numbnuts.

Freewill
Junior Quiet
29  Freewill    4 years ago

The woman clearly did not follow park policy, appears to have emotional issues, and is quite possibly a racist based on what she said.  The guy could have just asked her to leash the dog and let it be rather than taunting her with a camera, and most certainly had no right to offer or feed her dog anything.

Fair summary?  Was all of the other partisan bickering stuff above really necessary?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
29.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Freewill @29    4 years ago

I agree on all points. 

Was all of the other partisan bickering stuff above really necessary?

Usually isn't. 

Freewill
Junior Quiet
29.1.1  Freewill  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @29.1    4 years ago
Usually isn't. 

Never should be, especially on subjects like this, IMHO.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
29.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Freewill @29    4 years ago

C'mon, Free....you know the answer to that

Freewill
Junior Quiet
29.2.1  Freewill  replied to  Trout Giggles @29.2    4 years ago
C'mon, Free....you know the answer to that

I know MY answer to that..."absolutely not".   

My brother had his Facebook messenger account hacked yesterday, so on Facebook he announces that its Trump's fault and goes on a screed, and he's serious about it.  The "R" key popped off my keyboard...fucking Obama.   I had bacon and eggs for breakfast and got gassy... fucking Righties.   That is how silly this kind of crap has become.  Why does everything have to be passed through a partisan lens with some people?  Isn't anyone else tired of this shit yet?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
29.2.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Freewill @29.2.1    4 years ago

I don't blame my current gastrointestinal problems on anybody but myself. I don't go around blaming others for I've done to myself or gotten myself into trouble over. I'm currently sitting on 7 tickets (one more and I'm getting an NT vacay) but I'm not blaming anybody but my own stupid mouth.

So, yeah, I'm getting a wee bit tired of stuff