╌>

Adam Smith, Husband of Reopen NC Leader Ashley Smith, Says He's 'Willing to Kill' to Fight Lockdown

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  32 comments

By:   Leia Idliby (Mediaite)

Adam Smith, Husband of Reopen NC Leader Ashley Smith, Says He's 'Willing to Kill' to Fight Lockdown
Adam Smith, the husband of Reopen North Carolina leader, said he is "willing to kill people" to fight against government imposed shutdown orders amid the

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

By Leia IdlibyMay 26th, 2020, 11:25 am

Screen-Shot-2020-05-26-at-10.55.48-AM.jp

Adam Smith, the husband of Reopen North Carolina leader, said he is "willing to kill people" to fight against government imposed shutdown orders amid the coronavirus.

"But are we willing to kill people? Are we willing to lay down our lives?" he asked in a Facebook Live video. "We have to say, 'Yes.' We have to say, 'Yes.' Is that violence? Is that terrorism? No, it's not terrorism."

"I'm not trying to strike fear in the hearts of people by saying, 'I'm going to kill you,'" he added. "I'm gonna say, 'If you bring force, we're gonna bring force. If you bring guns, we're gonna bring guns. If you're armed with this, we're going to be armed with this:'"

Here is the Adam Smith #ReopenNC video where he talks about being willing to kill. That begins about 10:20 in: https://t.co/YnlZd6ypHv
— Jeremy Gilchrist (@jgilchristmusic) May 25, 2020

Smith deleted the video from his personal Facebook page, but his wife Ashley Smith reposted it to the ReOpenNC page, which describes itself as "a peaceful action group," according to the Charlotte Observer.

"Maybe you agree with him and maybe you don't, but we have nothing to hide," Smith wrote. "This group is built on the Constitution and that includes free speech and the second amendment. He is simply stating to protect his family and our freedom he is willing to take up arms like our forefathers did."

The group has continued to protest outside of NC Gov. Roy Cooper's mansion, despite the fact that the state has entered phase two of their reopening plan.

Ashley Smith was arrested for not obeying lockdown orders during a protest in April:

pic.twitter.com/HGUPH4m16k
— Ashad Hajela (@ashad_hajela) April 28, 2020

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago

The "point" these people seem to be trying to make is , if the police can bring guns to a protest, then the protesters should bring guns to "defend" themselves from the police (the state). 

Is that where people really want this country to be? 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1  Split Personality  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

roid rage?

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
2  FLYNAVY1    4 years ago

Is that where people really want this country to be?

Of course it's where they want it to be.  They've been pushing these and other conspiracies for decades....

Black Helicopters.....

Concentration camps under Walmarts

We didn't land on the moon...

We have a bushel basket of far right conspiracy pushers right here on NT.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @2    4 years ago

There was enough bullshit in that WM piece that you could fertilize every field in CA with it.  That supposed five star symbol looks more like a giant asterisk than a sun.WM's as concentration camps?jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @2    4 years ago

We don't have a bushel, we have the entire orchard.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
3  Dean Moriarty    4 years ago

"I'm gonna say, 'If you bring force, we're gonna bring force. If you bring guns, we're gonna bring guns. If you're armed with this, we're going to be armed with this:'"

He's channeling Obama. “If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun,”

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Dean Moriarty @3    4 years ago

lol. 

Obama was using a metaphor related to politics. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  Dean Moriarty @3    4 years ago

Still, it’s crazy to threaten to kill anyone or to resort to that level of violence.  Civil disobedience and protests are enough.  If enough people in a county, city, or state are all engaging in opening businesses and violating stay st home orders, there’s no way they can arrest or fine everyone.  Make the other side be the ones to choose between accepting the will of we the people or being the one to resort to any kind of force.  If a governor had to deal with every store of multiple streets of every town in their state instead of putting down one or two symbolic reopenings with license revocations or a health department order then they’d have to back down or double down.  Put the onus for instigating violence on the pro lockdown side, put them in the position that their violence is the only way they can coerce our obedience.  We should only use civil disobedience 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.2    4 years ago

[deleted]

Gsquared
Professor Principal
3.2.2  Gsquared  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.2    4 years ago

You are not "we the people".   You are merely one person among tens of millions.  Even with some changes in polling numbers, the vast majority of "we the people" support reasonable efforts to control and  combat the viral pandemic. 

The reactionary forces, of course, are more interested in creating division and propagandizing about "the other side".  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.3  Tessylo  replied to  Dean Moriarty @3    4 years ago

Jesus Christ, but, but, but Obama.

All you got?

[deleted]

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.3.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tessylo @3.3    4 years ago

My guess would be yes.

freepress
Freshman Silent
4  freepress    4 years ago

Just don't wear a mask, don't wash your hands and go about your business like nothing is going on, travel a bit, get out in crowds and I am sure his death wish will come true. Sadly it is Trump supporters who will ultimately suffer by angrily spewing or acting out their points of denial until they actually become ill. 

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
4.1  Dean Moriarty  replied to  freepress @4    4 years ago

With a .3% fatality rate as the newer data is indicating they really don’t have too much to worry about.  Statistically they are far more likely to die of cancer or heart problems. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Dean Moriarty @4.1    4 years ago

Dean,

That number is not real. No one knows what the death rate is until we have widespread anti body testing.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2  Tessylo  replied to  freepress @4    4 years ago

I don't give a shit about them and their ignorance.  I give a shit that they're spreading this. . . 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.2.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Tessylo @4.2    4 years ago

I have to agree with you on that Tess. I don't want to get COVID because of some jackass that doesn't get it.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.2.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @4.2    4 years ago

And yet the areas opening up early have declining rates of the disease. The libel about killing grandma to save the Dow has gotten quite tired and old.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.3  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.2.2    4 years ago

That's a lie.  

CB
Professor Principal
4.3  CB  replied to  freepress @4    4 years ago

Frankly, I am at the point of declaring, "Good riddance." These people are sad-sacks and they ruin the joyous elements in life during a time of pandemic pathology in our country. (Just argue over everything!)

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.3.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  CB @4.3    4 years ago

[deleted]

CB
Professor Principal
4.3.2  CB  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.3.1    4 years ago

Listen, I am not dealing with "openings and closings," my focus is on this man speaking aloud about killing innocent people over something abstract as freedom. All things being relative, we have more of it than we know what to do with at various points and places. Certainly, we can let the scientists and medical professionals whose jobs are to look into the lens of microscopes and made calls about what is happening on the microbial levels speak, without being compromised by petty politics.

The economic state of this country has nothing to do with citizens speaking up about killing one another—as if Covid-19 is not doing a great job without assist.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.4  XXJefferson51  replied to  freepress @4    4 years ago

[deleted]

[Another cut and paste of an article which you have already seeded.]

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.5  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  freepress @4    4 years ago

He has taken to mocking Biden for wearing a mask.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.5.1  Tessylo  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.5    4 years ago

He mocks reporters for wearing masks, tRump that is.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5  Tessylo    4 years ago

Like this 'president' and his supporters, they value money over life.

These morons are willing to let other people die. 

They don't care if other people die due to their stupidity.  

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
5.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Tessylo @5    4 years ago

Totally agree. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @5    4 years ago

See 4.2.2

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.2    4 years ago

It's a lie.  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.3  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @5    4 years ago
These morons are willing to let other people die. 

"Choice" is the most important thingy in this country.....Right ? jrSmiley_97_smiley_image.gif

You MUST be able to Choose to "Stay Home", or "Go Out" ! jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

CB
Professor Principal
6  CB    4 years ago
Adam Smith, the husband of Reopen North Carolina leader, said he is "willing to kill people" to fight against government imposed shutdown orders.

Here's an idea Mr. Smith, turn your weapon/s upon yourself. Save law enforcement the time and expenditure of gas and bullets! Let law enforcement agents go home at the end of their shifts! If you must kill somebody, you go first!

CB
Professor Principal
7  CB    4 years ago

What is so counterproductive about this story is . . . .

001-1255194132869459970-0003.jpg

Ashley Smith, the leader of a movement to “reopen” North Carolina, was reportedly arrested on Tuesday after she disobeyed police orders.

Now the police have both of their pictures and a stated motivation for intent . Should either one of these "agitators" make an untoward move in the direction of police officers, it would be fitting that one or both of them be thrown to the ground, handcuffed, and a police person's boot or knee throttling one or both of their necks!

What is likely to happen is one or the other will be cited (or not) and told to go home.