╌>

Steve Carell, Janelle Monae & More Stars Help Pay for Minnesota Protestors' Bail

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  xdm9mm  •  4 years ago  •  36 comments

By:   MSN

Steve Carell, Janelle Monae & More Stars Help Pay for Minnesota Protestors' Bail
Many have donated money to help pay the bail of those arrested during the nationwide protests against police brutality.

Ok...   where is your outrage over the rioting, looting and arson in cities across the country.   Where are your donations to people that have invested everything they saved their entire lives for to watch them go up in flames by thugs roaming the streets "protesting"?

The "protests" ended when the first rock/brick was thrown.

The "protests" ended when the first window was broken.

The "protests" ended when the first store was looted.

The "protests" ended on Tuesday night when all of the above started.

So, once again, WHERE ARE YOUR DONATIONS to the people that suffered at the hands of "protesters"?

Yeah, I know, crickets.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Many have donated money to help pay the bail of those arrested during the nationwide protests against police brutality.

Protests erupted in cities across the country in response to the killing of George Floyd

Protests erupted in cities across the country in response to the killing of George Floyd, an unarmed black man in Minneapolis who died in police custody on May 25 after a white officer, Derek Chauvin, pinned him to the ground with a knee on his neck.

Chauvin has since been fired and charged with Floyd's murder, but unrest remains as protests continue to rage in Minneapolis and across the country. Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz said he expects more arrests in the state on Saturday evening than any other night of protests so far.

Many celebrities have spoken out about Floyd's killing at the hands of police, and some have shared donations to the Minnesota Freedom Fund, a nonprofit that helps pay bail for individuals who don't have the means to do so.

Steve Carell, Seth Rogen, Janelle Monae and Don Cheadle were among the stars that donated to the organization, sharing the link on Twitter. Kehlani and Noname also posted their donations, each giving $1,000.

Actress Jameela Jamil posted a screenshot of her $1,000 donation along with a message for other celebrities with means to do the same. "Celebrity accounts that follow me please match and pass it on," she wrote.

Matched. https://t.co/qhwGUtrywc
— Seth Rogen (@Sethrogen) May 28, 2020

Matched https://t.co/bmeP30vGX4
— Steve Carell (@SteveCarell) May 28, 2020

Just matched you . https://t.co/lp0ZtdRvTX
— Janelle Monae, Cindi Mayweather (@JanelleMonae) May 28, 2020

Ty for the share. ✅. Super easy to make a quick donation. God bless ❤️
— Kate (@kadbevins36) May 28, 2020

https://t.co/B5X57LyKOApic.twitter.com/a9QJnvv57P
— Kehlani (@Kehlani) May 28, 2020

Matched. Celebrity accounts that follow me please match and pass it on. https://t.co/riSf40ehhrpic.twitter.com/UmgLulQqIP
— Jameela Jamil (@jameelajamil) May 28, 2020

The Minnesota Freedom Fund is just one of many organizations taking donations in the wake of the recent protests.

Floyd's brother set up a GoFundMe to "cover funeral and burial costs, mental and grief counseling, lodging and travel for court proceedings."

"My family and I watched in absolute horror as the now infamous and horrifying video began to spread quickly throughout social media," the Floyd family said in a statement on the GoFundMe page.

"A portion of these funds will also go to the Estate of George Floyd for the benefit and care of his children and their educational fund.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

I guess it finally had to happen.  We are in total agreement here and you are spot on.  WTF is  Janelle Monae  anyway?  She looks like a hooker.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3  It Is ME    4 years ago

Typical Hollywood. Living Vicariously through "Other persona's", for a price. Must be worth every penny for them. It's the New "Play Station" for the "Rich".

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5  Sparty On    4 years ago

Only name on that list that surprised me a little is Steve Carrell.

Go make another sausage movie Rogen you fucking idiot.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1  Ender  replied to  Sparty On @5    4 years ago

I never thought he was funny.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  Ender @5.1    4 years ago

Honestly, I like some of his stuff.    However, I rented the sausage party for my nephews when it came out.     I went back to a book real quick.    They loved it.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.2  Ender  replied to  Sparty On @5.1.1    4 years ago

I don't blame you. I saw that movie and it was really creepy.

Gazoo
Junior Silent
6  Gazoo    4 years ago

Hopefully the next person that loses personal property or is injured by these thug protestors is one of these idiot hollywood types bailing these thugs out.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
6.1  1stwarrior  replied to  Gazoo @6    4 years ago

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
7  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

A lot of the arrests were for refusing to disperse and they were released.  The ones still held are for the looting and destruction.  Giving them bail is a huge mistake.  Once out they will scurry away like the cockroaches they are, never to be seen again or they will just go to other cities and start shit there. 

Ender
Professor Principal
8  Ender    4 years ago

I think a little perspective.

The want to give to bail out people that have been swept up in arrests.

Not bail out people charged with arson.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
8.1  Sparty On  replied to  Ender @8    4 years ago

Not sure how they can insure the bail money will only go to deserving people like that.   I mean how do they really know who was and who wasn’t involved in looting and trashing the places?

That said, it’s a free country.    They are free to spend their money how they see fit but if they really want to help deserving people maybe they could help some the businesses that got trashed.

Then I would be really impressed.

bugsy
Professor Participates
8.1.2  bugsy  replied to  XDm9mm @8.1.1    4 years ago
the funniest one is the master capitalist himself, Di Nero and his several downtown Manhattan restaurants. 

De Nero is an idiot. It would not be funny if any of his restaurants are destroyed, but if one was, we all know who he would blame for it....and it ain't BLM or Antifa

bugsy
Professor Participates
9  bugsy    4 years ago

hey-there.jpg

I hope this tweet goes viral.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
9.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  bugsy @9    4 years ago

Absolutely it should go viral.  I hope to find a list of every one of these schmucks who are bailing people out.

Kavika
Professor Principal
10  Kavika     4 years ago

I try not to associate all good or all bad to a specific group, in this case, the Hollywood people. 

Let me give you another side. The Navajo Nation is suffering greatly from the coronavirus. In fact, they have the highest rate of confirmed per population of cases in the US, higher than in NY and NJ. It was some of the Hollywood group that have helped in many ways. They furnished PPE, food water etc. They are not just sending good to the Navajo they are there, on the Navajo rez helping. Mark Ruffalo and Sean Penn are the first two that come to mind.

There are no absolutes. Either good or bad.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
10.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Kavika @10    4 years ago
There are no absolutes. Either good or bad.

To be always reminded of, since it part of human nature. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
11  Tacos!    4 years ago

If I thought they were bailing out people who had been arrested for marching and carrying a sign, I could support it. But let's be real. The people getting arrested are going to be the ones causing the most destruction and threatening public safety the most. Why would you want those people back on the street?