╌>

Most Americans sympathize with protests, disapprove of Trump's response

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  113 comments

By:   Grant Smith (U. S.)

Most Americans sympathize with protests, disapprove of Trump's response
More than 55% of Americans said they disapproved of Trump's handling of the protests, including 40% who "strongly" disapproved, while just one-third said they approved - lower than his overall job approval of 39%, the poll showed.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

NEW YORK (Reuters) - A majority of Americans sympathize with nationwide protests over the death of an unarmed black man in police custody and disapprove of President Donald Trump's response to the unrest, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll released on Tuesday. The demonstrations, some of which have turned violent, began last week after a Minneapolis police officer was videotaped kneeling on the neck of George Floyd for nearly nine minutes, even after Floyd appeared to lose consciousness. The officer has been charged with murder. The survey conducted on Monday and Tuesday found 64% of American adults were "sympathetic to people who are out protesting right now," while 27% said they were not and 9% were unsure. The poll underscored the political risks for Trump, who has adopted a hardline approach to the protests and threatened to deploy the U.S. military to quell violent dissent. The Republican president faces Democrat Joe Biden in November's election. More than 55% of Americans said they disapproved of Trump's handling of the protests, including 40% who "strongly" disapproved, while just one-third said they approved - lower than his overall job approval of 39%, the poll showed. A separate Reuters/Ipsos poll found that Biden's lead over Trump among registered voters expanded to 10 percentage points - the biggest margin since the former vice president became

visit seeded article for remaining content

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago

Another poll from Morning Consult shows only 20% of Americans saying Trump is doing a good job on the issue of the George Floyd protests. 

A pity. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

Sounds like his support has dropped from 30% to 20%.  That's dismal.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.2  1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

Polls, polls, everywhere there's polls - blocking out the scenery, breaking my mind

do this, don't do that, can't you read the polls (sung to the music of Signs)

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.2.1  Sparty On  replied to  1stwarrior @1.2    4 years ago

Lol some great signs there.   My favorite:

Need cash for alcohol research

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.2.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Sparty On @1.2.1    4 years ago

I saw one once....WHY LIE?  I NEED A BEER.  It was so funnily honest that I bought him a six pack.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.2.3  Sparty On  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.2.2    4 years ago

Yeah, i probably would have given both some money for creativity.

A buddy in the Marines had a great get for the beggars.   He would tell them he would give them a quarter for every Marine Corp push up they could do.   Most could do two or three at most so he would hand them a quarter.   When they bitched he explained Marine Corp pushups were four count pushups.   Two full pushups to one Marine Corps pushup.   Unhappy beggars ....

Hey .... at least they were getting some exercise .....

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2  Vic Eldred    4 years ago

From this Poll:

"Majorities of both Republicans and Democrats said they supported peaceful protests but believed property damage undermined the demonstrators’ cause. Less than one quarter of Americans said violence was an appropriate response.

So only one quarter of those polled think violence was an appropriate response? Interesting that it would even be that high.

The question of the key finding:

"64% of American adults were "sympathetic to people who are out protesting right now," while 27% said they were not and 9% were unsure.

Seems a bit low. I would think a huge majority would be sympathetic to peaceful protests over a rouge cop committing murder.

Finally this needs more clarification:

"More than 55% of Americans said they disapproved of Trump's handling of the protests, including 40% who "strongly" disapproved, while just one-third said they approved - lower than his overall job approval of 39%, the poll showed.

Does that mean those who disapprove thought Trump's handling was too lenient or does it mean they thought he said too much or over-reacted?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    4 years ago
Does that mean those who disapprove thought Trump's handling was too lenient or does it mean they thought he said too much or over-reacted?

Good point Vic.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    4 years ago
The survey conducted on Monday and Tuesday found 64% of American adults were "sympathetic to people who are out protesting right now," while 27% said they were not and 9% were unsure.

If 64% of Americans are sympathetic to the protesters,  I dont think you would find more than 30% thinking that Trump hasnt been tough enough. All those who think he hasnt been tough enough are included in the 1/3 that approve of his handling of the protests. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.2.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2    4 years ago
All those who think he hasnt been tough enough are included in the 1/3 that approve of his handling of the protests.

Interesting take. Not factual but interesting nonetheless. That information isn't in there as far as I can discern. Seems to me that none of that is stated in the poll. If one DISapproves it could go either way. They either don't think he's tough enough or too tough once again proving that polls can, and usually will, come to the conclusion the pollster(s) want.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.2.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.2.1    4 years ago

In order for a number beyond 33% or so to believe that Trump hasnt been tough enough . you would have to have some of the 64% of those who have sympathy with the protesters believing that trump hasnt been tough enough on them at the same time.  That is very unlikely. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2    4 years ago
I dont think

It's called speculation.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.2.4  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2    4 years ago

Ask how many are sympathetic to looters and rioters and see what you get.

This is just another puff piece with a clear bias.   Nothing more, nothing less.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.5  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2.2    4 years ago

John, isn't it logical that people have sympathy for a peaceful protest involving a noble cause, yet at the same time want a crack down on violent rioting?

pat wilson
Professor Participates
2.2.7  pat wilson  replied to  gooseisgone @2.2.6    4 years ago

Maybe you should conduct your own poll then.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.2.8  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Sparty On @2.2.4    4 years ago

My sympathy goes to the business owners who lost their livelihood because of asshats.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.3  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    4 years ago
sympathetic to peaceful protests

Yes .... a very cleverly worded piece of propaganda ... no doubt.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
2.4  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    4 years ago

too lenient....

58% Of Voters Support Using Military To Help Police Control Protests

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.5  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    4 years ago

Poll results probably should have read "55% of leftist liberal Democrat Americans polled...". Anything else that did not match was probably circular filed.

The above is just further proof of just how much faith is placed in skewed political polls by people desperate to have their views and agendas proved as gospel. Sad.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.6  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    4 years ago

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S6SD3ZjfOEc

user image
Freshman Silent
3      4 years ago

If 2020 has taught us anything, it's that the media can literally tell people what to think. Russia, Covid, police brutality, whatever. The media whips it up, and people go into a frenzy. Nobody was worried about police brutality a month ago and now it's worth burning down the country. I've lost faith in my fellow Americans. They are no longer capable of rational thought and are led like lemmings. There are too few people who put logic over emotion and social media and polls make it obvious.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1  Sparty On  replied to  @3    4 years ago

Yep, they very cleverly manipulate peoples innate biases and help make them stronger.  

Politicians these days are experts at that well

user image
Freshman Silent
3.1.1    replied to  Sparty On @3.1    4 years ago

I really see it as a big city problem. We are seeing how dangerous group think is. The media says it, and when people are surrounded by a huge group of people accepting it without question, they either clam up or you join the crowd. Social media is the danger for rural areas. It gives the big city group think garbage the ability to seep into suburbia and get all the impressionable children and younger generations to join in. So they can be cool like the city kids. There is very little escape from it anymore. People just like to be part of a group even if they believe stupid things. Like a cult. That's how I see progressives. A huge cult.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.1.2  FLYNAVY1  replied to  @3.1.1    4 years ago
People just like to be part of a group even if they believe stupid things. Like a cult.

Hmmmmmm..... and how do you think followers of Fox and Breitbart look to the rest of us? 

Tribalism is never a good thing.  Trust your eyes, trust in facts, and data driven science.  Faith is intellectual laziness.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.2  FLYNAVY1  replied to  @3    4 years ago

But you're cool with Trump using the media for a photo op holding a bible after violating the constitutional rights of civil protestors, lying about hydroxychloroquine, and lying about containing Covid. 

I think you are going to find out that your fellow Americans are processing information and data more accurately than you are as the majority of them don't live in the Fox/Breitbart/Rush lemming bubble. 

For the record..... People have been concerned about police brutality enough to burn things down for decades.  You've just been told what to believe and think. 

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.2.2  FLYNAVY1  replied to  dennis smith @3.2.1    4 years ago

Did I say anything about the polls Dennis..? 

I said processing information and data..... 

My question to those on the right is did the Fox/Breitbart/Rush Kool-Aid cause the lack of reasoning skills, or was there a dearth of reasoning skills that Fox/Breitbart/Rush just took advantage of.  It has to be one or the other as no other possible explanation exists.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.2.4  FLYNAVY1  replied to  dennis smith @3.2.3    4 years ago

But this line of commentary is not..... 

And I'm not big on polls except for a glance.  I do data, and you would be very hard pressed to find a seed or post where I made use of polls.   

In fact, if you review my seven pages of seeds, only one involves a poll, and I was the one taking the poll.  

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.3  FLYNAVY1  replied to  @3    4 years ago

Hmmmmmmm.... Lets add that people around the world are protesting the actions of the police.

Are you going to say that you are right and the rest of the world is wrong about what they saw and what to do about it?  

At dinner parties, it's a good idea after a number of people have said you've had enough to drink, that you should really consider taking a seat.  The same principle applies here.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
3.4  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  @3    4 years ago
If 2020 has taught us anything,

in one month we went from arresting people trying to save their business to not arresting people burning down people business.

let that sink in for a minute

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.4.1  Sparty On  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @3.4    4 years ago

Spot on

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
3.4.2  KDMichigan  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @3.4    4 years ago

overnight...

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.4.3  FLYNAVY1  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @3.4    4 years ago

And all it took was the execution of some Black Americans at the hands of people that are suppose to protect them..... Let that sink in for a minute.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
3.4.4  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.4.3    4 years ago
And all it took was the execution of some Black Americans at the hands of people that are suppose to protect them..... 
  • we support the protests.
  • we do not support riots.

[Deleted]

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.4.5  Greg Jones  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @3.4.4    4 years ago

And these so called intellectually supposedly elite who  "Trust their eyes, trust in facts, and data driven science." don't seem the least bit  concerned with innocent citizens getting killed or hurt, or their businesses and their livelihoods ruin. And that includes many members of law enforcement who have been injured, and several killed.

That would include David Dorn.... a black man and retired police captain. Who's mourning him"  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.4.6  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @3.4.1    4 years ago

[Deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.4.7  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @3.4.5    4 years ago

Why don't you post a seed about it then instead of whining from the peanut gallery, as usual?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.4.8  It Is ME  replied to  Greg Jones @3.4.5    4 years ago
That would include David Dorn.... a black man and retired police captain. Who's mourning him" 

I Wonder if they'll have a "Televised" funeral for him too ! jrSmiley_87_smiley_image.gif

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.4.9  Sparty On  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.4.3    4 years ago

There are bad people in the world who will do bad things no matter what bubble is built around people to protect them ..... let that sink in for a minute ...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.4.10  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @3.4.9    4 years ago

So profound!

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.4.11  FLYNAVY1  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @3.4.4    4 years ago

I'm good with that MEB...

Now I have a question of you..... and I'm asking this in an as honest and respectful way I can (zero snark!).

Do you see any equivalence of Black Americans efforts towards equality and justice today, with the actions taken by Americans to achieve the same from jolly old England at the birth of our nation?

I'm asking because I'm not able to see a difference, and I'm looking for additional sources to sort out my thoughts.  If you can, please provide your best thoughts in the matter as I'm still looking to form mine.

Thanks in advance.....

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.4.12  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @3.4.10    4 years ago

Thx, that means the world coming from you.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
3.4.13  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.4.11    4 years ago
I'm asking because I'm not able to see a difference,

nothing going on today is the same as what happened over 200yrs ago.

if you can not see the difference?   that's your problem.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
3.4.14  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @3.4.4    4 years ago

[deleted meta]

[deleted CoC violation]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.4.17  Sparty On  replied to  dennis smith @3.4.16    4 years ago

Hey, let em do what they want.    Local control right?    

Then businesses and people will leave places that make that choice in droves.    Leaving only the slackers who have no job, won’t work and have all the time in the world to riot and loot.

I’m all for it.    The communities around them, that keep law enforcement, can wack em and stack em when they flee the shithole of their making to places with police protection.   Either way .... the slackers lose because of their stupidity.

Go for it dumbasses.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.4.19  Sparty On  replied to  dennis smith @3.4.18    4 years ago

If they are that stupid they get what they deserve.    They voted shitheads like Omar in.

The twin cities will burn like Detroit in 67 .... or worse.

Sad, I’ve always liked that part of the country.

Ender
Professor Principal
3.4.22  Ender  replied to  dennis smith @3.4.20    4 years ago

And what have you done? What has changed? What are you doing that would facilitate any change?

Change is never easy.

Change will never happen unless more and more people come together because they are sick of it. Make their voices heard.

Looting. not a choice I would make and I am sure not the majority of the protesters yet sometimes you have to get attention or not be taken notice of.

Millions of people agree that change needs to be made and are willing to stand up for it.

People look to the US as an example. There are millions all over the world are hearing what is being said and done.

Standing up themselves.

Ender
Professor Principal
3.4.23  Ender  replied to    4 years ago
The Watts Riots, also known as the Watts Rebellion, was a large series of riots that broke out August 11, 1965, in the predominantly black neighborhood of Watts in Los Angeles. The Watts Riots lasted for six days, resulting in 34 deaths, 1,032 injuries and 4,000 arrests, involving 34,000 people and ending in the destruction of 1,000 buildings, totaling $40 million in damages. Link

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.4.24  Sean Treacy  replied to  Ender @3.4.22    4 years ago

What has changed?

Jonah Goldberg (while calling out the hypocrisy of the epidemiologists who now don't care about social distancing, understands what's going to happen: 

"The simple fact is that whatever legislation we’re going to get, we’d still get if the protests stopped this morning. In fact, a reasonable person would conclude we’d be more likely to get it if they stopped now, because the more these things go on, the more opposition and resentment will grow.

And you know what? Ene ven if we get precisely the kind of reforms that Al Sharpton dreams of, he will still be talking about systemic racism the day after Donald Trump signs them into law (stop laughing). College professors who only know how to teach about systemic racism will still teach about systemic racism. None of the reporters on the racial justice beat will be reassigned to cover municipal water council hearings. The Southern Poverty Law Center won’t suddenly shut down or even switch to studying poverty. It will send out dunning letters saying, “This was a good first step, but so much more work needs to be do .”

You know how I know that? Because   after 50 years of unparalleled improvement   in racial issues, many of the same people say the problem is worse than ever and more people make a living from fighting racial injustic e than ever before"

Even if you got your wildest dream of "change" were enacted tomorrow, the racism industry will continue to claim things are worse then ever.

Ender
Professor Principal
3.4.28  Ender  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.4.24    4 years ago

I don't know anyone that says it is worse. Most people I know say it is about the same, if not a little better.

There are actually people that say there is no racial hatred. I believe them just as much as anyone that would say it is worse.

It is still there and documented in real time. It has never left.

Every step on a road to equality can seem like a first step, when a lot is wrong.

Ender
Professor Principal
3.4.29  Ender  replied to    4 years ago

I haven't done shit. I admit it.

The only thing I do is treat others the way I would want to be treated.

Ender
Professor Principal
3.4.31  Ender  replied to    4 years ago

Doesn't mean it still isn't there.

Ender
Professor Principal
3.4.32  Ender  replied to    4 years ago

And some on the right went from saying they could protest during a pandemic to criticizing others for the same...

Ender
Professor Principal
3.4.35  Ender  replied to    4 years ago

Nah, that was before you posted.  Haha

Ender
Professor Principal
3.4.37  Ender  replied to    4 years ago

I can only do the same.

Years ago I went to Walmart with two women I worked with. We walked around together and shopped. On the way out, one of them asked me if it bothered me that I was with two black women.

I said no, I never really thought about it.

She just looked at me and we never spoke about it again.

She made me think though. I thought to myself, yes I see colour, yet I never took it as any qualifier. Just another person.

Then I thought about why she would even have to ask something like that.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.4.38  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to    4 years ago

Oh, come on MUVA. My dad got to told to go to the back of the bus in Mississippi in 1955 when he was in the Navy and he's Indian. It was not all sunshine and smiles. 

Ender
Professor Principal
3.4.39  Ender  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.4.38    4 years ago

It is always Mississippi.  Haha

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.4.40  XXJefferson51  replied to    4 years ago

That’s pretty much what happened and is happening.  

Ender
Professor Principal
3.4.41  Ender  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.4.40    4 years ago

Only in deluded minds.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.4.42  XXJefferson51  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @3.4.4    4 years ago

Great points in their entirety!  Voted up!  👍

Ender
Professor Principal
3.4.43  Ender  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.4.42    4 years ago

I have come to the conclusion that people trying to say they support protests but only if they act a certain way, might as well be telling people their voices don't matter.

Be good little boy and girl protesters and stay in your lane. Stand where we think you should stand. Only do it during the hours we say. And you better behave. We may get to your problem later...

Fuck that.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.4.44  XXJefferson51  replied to  Ender @3.4.39    4 years ago

Some on the left would have us believe that America is the same place as it was in the early 1950’s before the civil rights movement began as of no progress at all has been made since then.  

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.4.45  Split Personality  replied to    4 years ago
and that of my 88 year old Naval officer black father west point grad brother and my two sisters one a Mt saint Mary grad  the other a Michigan  grad and my  white mother a grad of NYU.

No, you can not.

I make it a point NEVER to speak for my wife, her siblings or parents, aunts and uncles without stating their source or heritage.

I never claim to have experienced anything 2nd hand because of lineage or marriage.

Quietly reserve your opinions to what you personally have experienced, in spite of what your relatives swear happened to them.

I too have personal experiences based on what someone told me to be true, only to find out later, that they claimed it was "generically" true and happened to someone they know or were related to,

So no, I don't buy it.

Once again, Kudos to your father, brother and yourself for serving.

Remember those from D-Day that are not here to celebrate today.

Ender
Professor Principal
3.4.46  Ender  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.4.44    4 years ago

And some are deluded enough to act like it is still not there.

It hasn't been erased.

Again, It never left.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.4.47  XXJefferson51  replied to  Ender @3.4.43    4 years ago

There is a constitution and laws based on it.  The 1st amendment says the right of the people to peaceably assemble to petition the government for a redress of grievances.  That is the certain way.  Once the riots and injuries and property damage and looting are over and all the protests are within the 1st amendment we can get to what we all agree on.  That the murder of Floyd was wrong and that he needed to be charged and fired, and that there are reforms in big cities that are needed and can be negotiated and agreed upon.  You are right though that law and order must be first and then and only then will any progress or unity and healing happen.  I agree that there is a need for change...and it will happen but only once law and order are restored and not a moment before then no longer how long it takes to put down the riots and looting.  It’s almost there as the news is going back to opinion show reruns rather than late night wall to wall coverage. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.4.48  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Ender @3.4.43    4 years ago

Canadian protest signs:

canadian-protest-signs4.jpg  

Ender
Professor Principal
3.4.49  Ender  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.4.47    4 years ago
That is the certain way

Show me where in the constitution it says it has to be a certain way...

Just because someone looted a store does not mean that all protests must stop.

You and I do not agree on anything. Law and order is the problem and you still cannot see it.

Ender
Professor Principal
3.4.50  Ender  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.4.48    4 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
3.4.51  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Ender @3.4.49    4 years ago
Just because someone looted a store does not mean that all protests must stop.

actually once a protest turns into a riot the police have every right to end the protest and clear the streets

democrat leadership is why the riots are being tolerated.

voters are taking note of who is allowing their cities to burn.

it is as if demorats are committing political suicide on purpose or something.

like lemmings following each other off a cliff.

there is no upside to allowing riots in the streets.

the message:           vote for democrats and your city can burn also              not going to sell well

c'est la vie :)

Ender
Professor Principal
3.4.52  Ender  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @3.4.51    4 years ago

Only in right wing world are protests around the world considered as a back seat to any damage.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.4.54  Sparty On  replied to    4 years ago

D-day baby eh?

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
3.4.56  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Ender @3.4.52    4 years ago
Only in right wing world are protests around the world considered as a back seat to any damage.

figure out the difference between a protest and a riot,  then get back to me.

if you think they are the same?    good luck with that.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.4.57  FLYNAVY1  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @3.4.13    4 years ago

I guess your right.... What was I thinking of asking the thoughts of a person with such a narrow mind....

I was wasting my time thinking you might have any deeper thoughts about people seeing justice either now, or then.

If you can't see any parallels, then that is your failure.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
3.4.58  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.4.57    4 years ago
I guess your right

of course I was right,    but the rest of your reply is the complete failure.

killing innocent people, destroying innocent people's property and lives is not the best way to get justice, change, or votes.

so please carry on/       history is always repeating, 

guess what happens next?   trump 2020  and more states turn red.

predictable.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
3.4.59  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.4.57    4 years ago
a narrow mind
  • most people support the protests
  • most people do not support the riots
  • because most people understand the difference between the two

and now people are watching democrats let their cities burn.  tax dollars at work :)

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.4.60  Sparty On  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.4.57    4 years ago

Well, I guess those of who fail to see justice being served, by committing other crimes, are just not “progressive” minded enough for the kids these days.

That said, comparing the causes of the Revolutionary War to this is a stretch at best imo but lay out your case for consideration.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.4.61  Sparty On  replied to    4 years ago

I’ve got important dates like that double tapped in my phone.    One reminder a month prior and one a week prior .... works damn good.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.4.62  FLYNAVY1  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @3.4.58    4 years ago

History is most definitely repeating.  Freedom and justice has never been given.  It had to be taken by force which included the loss of life and property.

Good thing there were progressives in 1775, otherwise conservatives would have us still under English rule today.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.4.63  Sparty On  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.4.62    4 years ago

Lol ... not even close but that is quite a good "progressive" analogy.    Embellished to the max. 

I guess we'll be hearing a lot more of that one in the coming months.   Hive get the word out did it?

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
3.4.64  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.4.62    4 years ago

• patriots stand for the flag,  kneel for the cross and nothing else
  • progressives stand for chaos    kneel for blm (and even wash their feet)

progressives make me sick.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.4.65  Sparty On  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @3.4.64    4 years ago

Spot on .... on all accounts

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
3.4.66  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Sparty On @3.4.65    4 years ago

only a progressive can..

• burn american cities 
  • kill innocent people 
  • destroy innocent people's lives. 

and then claim to be a patriot.

Ender
Professor Principal
3.4.67  Ender  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.4.62    4 years ago

Can only laugh at all the hair on fire comments.

Ender
Professor Principal
3.4.68  Ender  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @3.4.64    4 years ago

I guess Jesus made you sick too.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.4.69  Sparty On  replied to  Ender @3.4.67    4 years ago

That's good.   I'd hate to be the only one here laughing my ass off.  

The Revolutionary War analogy being attempted here is roll on the floor funny.

Funny, funny stuff ....

Ender
Professor Principal
3.4.70  Ender  replied to  Sparty On @3.4.69    4 years ago

I think that was meant to show that throughout our history, change has only come from people rising up.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.4.71  Sparty On  replied to  Ender @3.4.70    4 years ago

I wouldn't use "only" but agree overall.  

However, comparing today events with what happened back then and why is a yuge stretch imo.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
3.4.72  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Ender @3.4.68    4 years ago

I guess Jesus made you sick too.

did jesus kill innocent people, burn cities and destroy lives also?

wow, I cant believe I missed that bit....

chapter and verse please.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.4.73  Sparty On  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @3.4.72    4 years ago

Little known fact, Jesus took a protest dump on Pontius Pilates lawn ..... the rest is history.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.4.74  Trout Giggles  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @3.4.72    4 years ago
did jesus kill innocent people, burn cities and destroy lives also?

No, but he did wash his disciples' feet

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.4.75  Trout Giggles  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @3.4.64    4 years ago

Why are you against people treating each other as Jesus taught?

Ender
Professor Principal
3.4.76  Ender  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.4.74    4 years ago

He also overturned and yelled at the money changers.

More or less a protest.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7  Tacos!    4 years ago

There doesn't appear to be any evidence that anyone who responded to this poll has the slightest clue as to what "Trump's response" was, exactly.