╌>

Both George W Bush and Mitt Romney Turn Away From Donald Trump's Candidacy

Category:  News & Politics

By:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  46 comments

Both George W Bush and Mitt Romney Turn Away From Donald Trump's Candidacy

Two stalwarts of the Republican Party in the 21st century , former president George W Bush , and former Republican Party candidate for president in 2012, Mitt Romney , have made it known  that they will NOT support Donald Trump for re-election, according to a story Sunday in the New York Times.  

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    4 years ago

They are jumping off the ship before it hits the iceberg. 

Gazoo
Junior Silent
1.1  Gazoo  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

“They are jumping off the ship before it hits the iceberg”

these two idiots, or shall i say these two nazi xenophobic homophobic stalinist traitors, thats basically what the left called them back in the day, WERE NEVER ON THE SHIP! 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.1.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Gazoo @1.1    4 years ago

even clear him some bushes Bush, was a FAR better potUS than the current pos.

that's pretty fckd up, A prresident, who let his Vice P,  be his Vice, and start a fckn war, not nice       

is now viewed so head n shoulders above the current president with a PP Vice,

pretty fckn sad there Repubs

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.1.2  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Gazoo @1.1    4 years ago

Congratulations, you now have the basis on why the majority of voters and American citizens see Trump and his supporters as even worse......  

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1.3  Greg Jones  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.1.2    4 years ago

According to who. Trump's win was the choice of a lesser evil

His reelection will be a repeat of that historic victory.

Biden for president...really?

Gazoo
Junior Silent
1.1.4  Gazoo  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.1.2    4 years ago

Ask me if i care what you or others think of me.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.1.5  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Gazoo @1.1.4    4 years ago

Ask me if i care what you or others think of me.

Don't flatter yourself... I doubt that anyone who understands and wants us to be what the US Constitution says we should be cares one furry rat-ass about Trump supporters, except to have them slither back under the rocks from where they came.   

Gazoo
Junior Silent
1.1.6  Gazoo  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.1.5    4 years ago

Ask anybody with common sense what they think about anti-Trumpers and they won’t give a rats ass about them except for the fact that they should crawl back into the horses ass they were shit out of.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

The Republican party, as we once knew it, no long exists.

Bush and Romney support left wing ideals and have lost what little influence they might have had.

Say hello to the party of Trump. Finally we have someone who is, and will continue, to lead the country in the right direction.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2    4 years ago
Finally we have someone who is, and will continue, to lead the country in the right direction.

Too bad "you" is no more than a quarter of the American people. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.3  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

Bush is still no doubt against Trump along with his entire family since Trump pushed Jeb Bush out of the race.

Romney could not possibly support Trump given his position regarding impeachment.

If either of these two had supported Trump, that would have been quite a newsworthy surprise.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
1.4  arkpdx  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

Gee big surprise considering neither one supported him in 2016

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2  Ed-NavDoc    4 years ago

I won't support him either, but I also refuse to support Biden either.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2    4 years ago

I respect that Ed. I did the same thing in the last election. You have to do what you feel comfortable doing. 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.1    4 years ago

I voted 3rd party in 2016, but there is nobody to choose from in 2020. Conundrum is not to vote at all or pick lesser of evils and I do not either choice.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Sparty On  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2.1.1    4 years ago

A vote for a third party is effectively a vote for the dem or rep.

Did that once with Perot, helped Clinton get elected the first time.

Never again.

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
2.2  MonsterMash  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2    4 years ago

Trump-Clinton 2016:  Neither, I didn't vote

Trump-Biden 2020: Another no voting presidential election for me

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  MonsterMash @2.2    4 years ago

If I were an American I would not consider either Trump or Biden the kind of leader I could wish for and support (as I did JFK) but notwithstanding that I would not hold my vote but would vote for Biden in the hope of dumping the worst disaster for America, and the rest of the world, I have seen in my lifetime.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
2.2.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.2.1    4 years ago

as that is what ANY THINKING AMERICAN SHOULD DO!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.2.3  Sparty On  replied to  igknorantzrulz @2.2.2    4 years ago

Bwaaaaahhhaaaaahahahhardyharhar

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.2.4  Greg Jones  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.2.1    4 years ago

[deleted]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.2.5  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Greg Jones @2.2.4    4 years ago

Well, good for you - look what THAT accomplished for you.  If thenewstalkers can be considered a microcosm of what you prefer, you must really enjoy divisiveness, arguments and dissent.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4  Ronin2    4 years ago

Called it another seed. 

The left touting a president they thought was worse than Satan for endorsing Biden.

Too bad Bush Jr has no clout; and Romney even less, among Republicans and conservatives. Two abject Establishment losers backing another Establishment loser.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5  Sparty On    4 years ago

Yawn, Dubya has been against Trump from day one.    Same with Romney of late.    This isn’t news at all.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
5.1  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Sparty On @5    4 years ago

took the words outta my mouth...

I was wondering how this was considered news... LOL

it is a given that every globalist prick of a ex president alive today is against trump.

trump has already destroyed 30yrs of their work.  of course they hate him... LOL

unemployment to 50yr lows after every ex president alive today promised and failed to do that?  priceless

either every ex president alive today was incompetent, or they all worked to sell us out.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8  Buzz of the Orient    4 years ago

I was just kind of wondering, and want to ask the American members here, what kind of "checks and balances" would there be if all three divisions of government were the same, like the White House, the Senate and Congress being the same party?  Would it mean that the only control would be the SCOTUS?   I'm aware that from time to time your vote could cause a change in that, but what about in between?

Snuffy
Professor Participates
8.1  Snuffy  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8    4 years ago

when the House and the Senate are held by different parties,  there is normally less damage done because they pass fewer laws. But the costs go up or they just fight so badly they never pass a budget. However I'm rather sure that even if one party held both sides of Congress as well as the White House the passed budget would be very expensive as well so there's really no way to solve that. We've passed on so much debt to our children and grandchildren they will never pay it off.  The worst thing would be for one party to hold the White House as well as the majority in the House and a supermajority in the Senate.  Then party politics, IMO, would pass all the laws that their party would desire. To me that is the worst possible outcome.

As we are not going to get rid of the two-party system in the reminder of my lifetime all I can hope for is for each party to hold one side of Congress in order to prevent the more egregious laws from being considered and passed.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
8.2  pat wilson  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8    4 years ago
what kind of "checks and balances" would there be if all three divisions of government were the same, like the White House, the Senate and Congress being the same party?  Would it mean that the only control would be the SCOTUS? 

We had that from 1/2017 until 1/2019. There are no checks and balances. The party in power rams through as much of their agenda as possible. SCOTUS only takes action when cases are brought before them and even then cases are often sent back to lower courts.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  pat wilson @8.2    4 years ago

So does that not mean that for the period of time that all three divisions of government are controlled by one party there is little difference from an Authoritarian Regime?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8.2.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  pat wilson @8.2    4 years ago

The filibuster exists (until the Democrats take that away.) 

Snuffy
Professor Participates
8.2.3  Snuffy  replied to  pat wilson @8.2    4 years ago
We had that from 1/2017 until 1/2019.

We also had that from January 3, 2009, until January 3, 2011 during the first two years of Obama's first term.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
8.2.4  Snuffy  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.2.1    4 years ago

Buzz,  not really because the Supreme Court is supposed to try to be above politics. And the Court does not make laws and only becomes involved when cases are brought to them.  Congress can go out and create laws based on what they want to do and the President has Executive Orders that can be made.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
8.2.5  pat wilson  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.2.1    4 years ago

Pretty much.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
8.2.6  pat wilson  replied to  Snuffy @8.2.3    4 years ago

You're right.