╌>

George Floyd 'Execution Was Staged Event' Claims Texas GOP Bexar County Chair Cynthia Brehm

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  31 comments

By:   Toofab

George Floyd 'Execution Was Staged Event' Claims Texas GOP Bexar County Chair Cynthia Brehm
Cynthia Brehm — Republican Party Chair of Bexar County, one of the state's largest — posted a conspiracy theory on Facebook, claiming the killing was premeditated and set up, with the intention of stymieing Donald Trump's "rising approval rating."

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

39d7c969284440be807bd9aa81dd907d_md.jpg

She also believes COVID-19 is a Democratic hoax.

George Floyd's public execution was staged to create civil unrest, according to one Texas politician.

Cynthia Brehm — Republican Party Chair of Bexar County, one of the state's largest — posted a conspiracy theory on Facebook, claiming the killing was premeditated and set up, with the intention of stymieing Donald Trump's "rising approval rating."

In her post, entitled "George Floyd — A Staged Event?" she called on her followers to "Tell me what you think".

The Bexar County Republican Party chair has a new conspiracy theory. #satx#txelexpic.twitter.com/6T7GxT5DYG — Gilbert Garcia (@gilgamesh470) June 3, 2020@gilgamesh470

"These officers were involved with something, I'm not sure exactly what, but something is just not adding up," she wrote.

On Wednesday, the third-degree murder charge leveled at Derek Chauvin, the Minneapolis officer who knelt on the neck of George Floyd, was upgraded to second-degree murder, while the other three officers involved in the arrest — Thomas Lane, J.A. Keung and Tou Thao — were newly charged with aiding and abetting the homicide.

"Also this supposed officer is now missing from his home, no where to be found has the smell of MK Ultra activation," she continued, referring to the CIA mind-control experiments carried out in the 1950s.

"I think there is at the very least the 'possibility', that this was a filmed public execution of a black man by a white cop, with the purpose of creating racial tensions and driving a wedge in the growing group of anti deep state sentiment from common people, that have already been psychologically traumatized by Covid 19 fears."

She went on to claim racial and gun violence were becoming commonplace in politically contested areas, especially in election years.

"Considering the rising approval rating of President Trump in the black community, an event like this was unfortunately 'Predictable'."

The post was deleted from Facebook, but not before San Antonio Express-News columnist Gilbert Garcia grabbed a screenshot, which quickly made its way around social media — and her party colleagues.

Many of her GOP peers were not impressed, and called for her resignation.

"These comments are disgusting and have no place in the Republican Party or in public discourse," Texas Governor Greg Abbott's spokesman John Wittman said in a statement Thursday morning. "Cynthia Brehm should immediately resign her position as Chair of the Bexar County Republican Party."

Texas GOP Chairman James Dickey, Senators Ted Cruz and John Cornyn, Congressman Chip Roy and Lt. Governor Dan Patrick all called for her to step down; Travis County Republican Party Chairman Matt Mackowiak meanwhile said she has been "an embarrassment for 2 years"

She has been an embarrassment for 2 years. With this deleted FB post last night, she is now an embarrassment to @TexasGOP and @gop.
She must resign now.
Bexar GOPers must support John Austin for chair in the runoff. @GregAbbott_TX@tedcruz@JohnCornyn@DanPatrick@georgepbushpic.twitter.com/XD11Cy7oKG
— Matt Mackowiak (@MattMackowiak) June 3, 2020@MattMackowiak

Not all GOP members thought the conspiracy theory was wacky though; according to the Texas Tribune, Nueces County chairman Jim Kaelin posted the same text last week, calling it an "interesting perspective."

Last month Brehm made headlines when she declared the coronavirus pandemic was a Democrat Party hoax.

"This is America and we shouldn't have to be forced or mandated to wear a mask," she told a rally at the time, per Express News.

"Why is this happening today? I'll tell you why — all of this has been promulgated by the Democrats to undo all of the good that President Trump has done for our country, and they are worried."

"So, take off your masks, exercise your constitutional rights. Stand up, speak up, and vote Republican."

There have been almost 70,000 cases of COVID-19 reported in Texas alone so far, and 1,767 deaths.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago

This creature suggests that the killing of George Floyd was staged to make trump look bad. No wonder she is the chairman of the Republican Party in a county in Texas. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago
This creature suggests that the killing of George Floyd was staged to make trump look bad. No wonder she is the chairman of the Republican Party in a county in Texas.

If true, the action is amazing in scope.  It would assume that the plotters knew that Trump would reply with racist rhetoric, and un-Constitutional actions.  Yet, I would wager, that Cynthia would also claim that the left was too stupid to do anything. 

She wants it both ways, level as Lex Luthor for plotting, while at the same time with the intelligence of Bizarro Superman. 

(sorry just re-watched Christopher Reeve's Superman, put me in comic book mode)

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

Trump does not need help looking bad.  He pulls that off all by himself.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.3  Split Personality  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

We're not all nuts JR.

Republican Gov. Greg Abbott himself led the charge against Cynthia Brehm on Thursday, demanding she resign immediately. He was joined by the state’s other top Republicans: U.S. Sens. John Cornyn and Ted Cruz; and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick, among others.

This isn't her first rodeo either.

Bexar County Republican Party Chair Cynthia Brehm, who last week suggested that the coronavirus was a Democratic hoax,

Screw the virus

"So, take off your masks, exercise your constitutional rights. Stand up, speak up and vote Republican."

As the gathering concludes, the clip shows Brehm and her cronies shaking hands and hugging, as if to prove that all this social distancing stuff is just another tool to oppress God-fearing, freedom-loving Americans. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago
in Texas, the Republican Party chairs in 12 counties and the Texas agriculture commissioner share grotesque postings on social media, including:

Declaring George Floyd's killing a "staged event" to counter the "rising approval rating of President  Trump ."

Placing a quote about justice from the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. over the image of a banana.

Alleging that the Jewish billionaire George Soros is paying protesters in an attempt to "start the race war."

Calling the slain Floyd a "brutal criminal" and saying he faked his asphyxiation while a police officer pressed a knee to Floyd's neck.

Showing a bloody scene from a 1992 riot and saying "this is why you don't brake for 'protesters.' "

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @2    4 years ago

Someone should put her quotes over a picture of a dodo bird.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
3  lady in black    4 years ago

This poor excuse for a human being needs a padded room.  But what can you expect from the gop.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4  Trout Giggles    4 years ago

Has she been taking hydroxychloroquine?

JBB
Professor Principal
5  JBB    4 years ago

To be in the damn gop is to be a poor misguided soul!

user image
Freshman Silent
6      4 years ago

She's 100% correct. Oh and guess what, Epstein didn't kill himself. If you don't think there are people in power who wouldn't pay to have someone killed for their cause, you're dead wrong.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  @6    4 years ago

Did you read the seed? If not I copied and pasted something from it for you:

In her post, entitled "George Floyd — A Staged Event?" she called on her followers to "Tell me what you think".
The Bexar County Republican Party chair has a new conspiracy theory. #satx #txelexpic.twitter.com/6T7GxT5DYG
— Gilbert Garcia (@gilgamesh470) June 3, 2020@gilgamesh470

"These officers were involved with something, I'm not sure exactly what, but something is just not adding up," she wrote.

You do understand that she's saying Mr. Floyd's death was all a hoax just to get people upset

user image
Freshman Silent
6.1.1    replied to  Trout Giggles @6.1    4 years ago

Yes and I agree. Either the event was staged or there was a coordinated effort to turn it into more of an issue than it would be in an off season. I doubt anyone will investigate it but I don't doubt it's possible.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  @6.1.1    4 years ago

OOOOkay there, Jung.

<backs away slowly>

user image
Freshman Silent
6.1.3    replied to  Trout Giggles @6.1.2    4 years ago

Oh please. Hard to be gas lighted by people who have been blabbering about Russia and Putin for years.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
6.1.4  FLYNAVY1  replied to  @6.1.1    4 years ago

Please don't run with scissors......

PUBLIC SAFETY TIP.

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
6.1.5  Larry Hampton  replied to  @6.1.1    4 years ago

One of the more retarded comments I've read here, though not surprising from a rump supporter.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
6.1.6  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Larry Hampton @6.1.5    4 years ago

And that is saying a bunch Larry.....

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.1.7  Split Personality  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.1.2    4 years ago

I am watching the George Floyd funeral.

I am reminded of a family funeral last summer after Uncle Milton passed. 

Black funerals are "very" different compared to my white Catholic background.

But in essence, lots a people got up and spoke about Milton's life, his retirement and living a good life right up to the

end kibitzing with lifelong friends playing dominoes at the "club" and golfing at the pubic course near the church.

Several people including the pastor insisted that Milt didn't cheat so much as he had a different way of keeping score. 

We had damned good time reminiscing. 

Now to immediate family they call me "Cuz" and to the rest of the extended family they call me Colonel Sanders

because that is generally what I look like in any kind of suit.

I am watching this Floyd funeral on TV and it saddens me that no matter what George did 2009

or that they found traces of drugs in his bodily remains, he should still be here. Period. 

Raising his daughter,

waiting for that restaurant to reopen so he could go back to work.  Growing old to sit around at the "club" playing

dominoes and pickin poke salad for tomorrows dinner, maybe playing golf with his minister and bending a few rules

like us old men tend to do, like Uncle Milton did.

Cythia Brehem is an idiot to think that all of this is staged and I am embarrassed that my neighbors and fellow Texans voted for this nut and that she refuses to step down. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6.1.8  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Split Personality @6.1.7    4 years ago
I am watching the George Floyd funeral.

I watched some of it a little while ago. And now, they are shutting down live coverage on CBS online. Did you see any, ANY social distancing being practiced with those people milling around. Absolutely ludicrous while we, at least here in NC, are hearing about the people of color being disproportionately affected by CoVid?

Not even to mention the protests....................gotta shake your head.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.1.9  Split Personality  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.1.8    4 years ago

I think they tried to maintain distance on stage except when the older brother spoke.

Expect for the speakers and the deaf interpreter almost everyone had masks.

I have been on the phone a lot today so I missed Biden, but the white minister was entertaining.

We had two funerals last month, one white, one black, neither family distanced or wore masks.

We did not stay long for either.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  @6    4 years ago

Guess what....he did.  Video tape shows NO ONE entering his cell except for the perv himself.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
7  lady in black    4 years ago

Now orange conman traitor in chief is floating another conspiracy theory. What the fuck is wrong with him, just proving once again he is the WORST president in the history of the US

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
7.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  lady in black @7    4 years ago

Lets see how quickly the conspiracy pushers here on NT jump on that bandwagon.....  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  lady in black @7    4 years ago

I remember seeing blood pouring from the back of that old man's head when he was pushed and fell on the sidewalk

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
7.2.1  Freefaller  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.2    4 years ago
I remember seeing blood pouring from the back of that old man's head when he was pushed and fell on the sidewalk

Gotta admire the old guys commitment to his role

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.2.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Freefaller @7.2.1    4 years ago

I almost spit tea all over my keyboard.

That's some morbid humor there, Free.

Ender
Professor Principal
7.3  Ender  replied to  lady in black @7    4 years ago
Mr. Trump referenced a segment by the conservative One America News Network that claimed the 75-year-old man, identified as Martin Gugino, was using technology on his cellphone to scan and black out police communications during the protest. The reporter for the network, Kristian Rouz, who previously worked for the Russian outlet Sputnik, did not cite any evidence to back up his claims about Gugino and only referenced a report from "The Conservative Treehouse," a right-wing blog.

In his tweet, Mr. Trump claimed Gugino, who is a longtime local peace activist, "fell harder than he was pushed" by officers with the Buffalo Police Department during the incident last week and said he was "aiming [a] scanner" towards the police. 

"Buffalo protester shoved by Police could be an ANTIFA provocateur. 75 year old Martin Gugino was pushed away after appearing to scan police communications in order to black out the equipment. @OANN  I watched, he fell harder than was pushed. Was aiming scanner. Could be a set up?" the president tweeted.

Link

And people wonder when we get these Russian connections from...

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
7.3.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Ender @7.3    4 years ago

Trump:.... "fell harder than he was pushed"

Can we push Trump backward and see how well his head does against concrete... I mean just as a comparison of how had he falls compared to being pushed... 

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
8  Freefaller    4 years ago

I'm actually surprised it took this long for the conspiracy theorists to start peddling their nonsense, I mean CT's started about Sandy Hook in less than a day.   

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
8.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Freefaller @8    4 years ago

I'm no longer surprised at anything that drips out of the bizzaro right wing universe where up is down, a serial adulterer is their moral compass and completely insane conspiracy theories are a mid-morning snack.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
9  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

This bitch needs to FOAD.   Bring on my ticket because I don't give a rat's ass.