╌>

Woman & 15 Friends All Test Positive After Night Out At Jacksonville Bar

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  18 comments

By:   Ed Scarce (Crooks and Liars)

Woman & 15 Friends All Test Positive After Night Out At Jacksonville Bar
The 40-year-old health care worker says she now regrets not taking precautions.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Gov. Ron DeSantis opened Florida to phase 2 of reopening on June 3, allowing bars, movie theaters, off-track betting spaces, and other places to reopen. We're now beginning to see the folly of that decision, as Florida recorded its highest numbers of cases of COVID-19 today.

As for this incident, the fact that several other bars in the Jacksonville area have shown to be infection hotspots and also had to be shut down after reopening, the fact that fewer people are wearing masks in Florida, and the fact that for some social-distancing is now non-existent, should give everyone pause.

The only bright spot in all this gross stupidity is that the Republican National Convention will be held in Jacksonville later this summer and that the same non-existent simple precautions won't be used there either. Here's hoping everyone who attends gets sick.

NYn2ZULQ?format=jpg&name=600x314

Source: News4, Jacksonville

Erika Crisp has been short of breath for several days and has tested positive for COVID-19.

So have more than a dozen of her friends.

The one thing they all had in common: a night out at Lynch's Irish Pub on June 6 in Jacksonville Beach.

Crisp, a 40-year-old health care worker from Jacksonville, said she's been sick for eight days, and 15 of her friends have also tested positive for COVID-19.

Lynch's learned some of its customers had tested positive for coronavirus after visiting the pub and the general manager opted to shut down voluntarily over the weekend for a deep cleaning.

Crisp said she and her friends had been careful with social distancing and had stayed indoors for months "doing everything the right way."

"And then the first night we go out, Murphy's Law, I guess," Crisp said. "The only thing we have in common is that one night at that one bar."

This pub is 17 miles from the arena that'll host the GOP conventionhttps://t.co/oevVSJtMpz — Bill Grueskin (@BGrueskin) June 16, 2020

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago
June 6

2020 version of "Saturday Night Fever"

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2  lady in black    4 years ago

That's what you get when you have a dumb phuck republican in charge that sucks at the altar of crooked donnie. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1  Ronin2  replied to  lady in black @2    4 years ago

How about those dumb fuck Democrat governors? You do realize that Whitless has reopened all of the same things that Florida? Including such germ grounds as beaches, water parks, dine in eating restaurants, etc. The last thing she is allowing to open are barbers, hair salons (which reopened this week. She is punishing barbers that defied her orders and did business anyways), and she has yet to come up for a plan to reopen places of worship- but she is a vindictive Democrat after all.  So that is to be expected.

Of course only Republicans can catch and transmit covid-19. As we all know anyone with a D behind their name is automatically immune. Especially those protesters, looters, rioters, and arsonists./S

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
2.1.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1    4 years ago

Do you not see that your entire post is an indictment of [Deleted,] your party and the actions of the very president you so vehemently support.  Of course you don't.

Go get a cup of coffee, and reflect on the body count that republicans and Trump have achieved to date. Yep.... we're first in the world there! 

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     4 years ago

In the past 24 hours, Florida has 2783 new confirmed cases of COVID19. What is happening in Jacksonville is also happening in Tampa Bay, a number of bars have had their employees test positive and have closed after reopening. 

The 2783 new cases are a all-time high in Florida. The past two weeks have shown a steady increase in cases.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
3.1  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Kavika @3    4 years ago

Thank you for FACTS Kav. jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

pat wilson
Professor Participates
4  pat wilson    4 years ago

Here's hoping everyone who attends gets sick.

It's one thing to joke about that but to put it in regular text is pretty nasty.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
4.1  sixpick  replied to  pat wilson @4    4 years ago

Here's hoping everyone who attends gets sick.

It's one thing to joke about that but to put it in regular text is pretty nasty.

Pat, we may not agree on a lot of things, but this is one thing we definitely agree on..

I don't remember if it is allowable to question the source or not, but running the risk and referencing the left wing Mediabiasfactcheck.org and posting what they have to say about "Crooks and Liars" the source for this article:

These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation.  They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy.  See all Left Bias sources.

Of course they are just one of many sources that have the same ruling from left, right, up or down.

It's important to realize the number of cases that test positive or negative totally depends on the number of people tested and how accurate the tests are that are being used to make that determination.

The total number of cases tested in the entire country for H1N1 from May until December of 2009 in the USA was approximately 142,000 .  I know that seems hard to believe and maybe I'm wrong.  I will provide links.

Florida has already tested 1.4 million people for COVID-19.

During the H1N1 Swine Flu there were up to half a million people who died from it from April 2009 - April 2010 worldwide.  There have been over 400,000 people worldwide who have died from COVID-19 so far.

The CDC says 23.7 million people have been tested in the USA.  Understand there are other factors to be considered, such as some people have been tested more than once.  All these unknown variables allow only an estimate to be reported.

The CDC stopped reporting tests July 2009 for H1N! , so there is no real way to give an accurate estimate as to how many people were actually tested.

The one thing that really matters is how many people died and even that had to be an estimate unless everyone who died was tested for H1N1.

But one thing that stands out is Florida has 2993 deaths attributed to COVID-19 and 80109 cases attributed to COVID-19 as of June 16, 2020.  The three states that comprise nearly 50% of the deaths in the USA would love to have those statistics for each one of their states.

Here's something else interesting.  Of those 1.4 million test in Florida, 5.5% have come back positive for COVID-19, so if Florida had tested 1.4 million people at this time of the H1N1 pandemic there's reason to believe there would have been many more cases reported for H1N!.

When the 2009 H1N1 flu outbreak began in April 2009, CDC began tracking and reporting the number of laboratory-confirmed 2009 H1N1 cases, hospitalizations and deaths as reported by states to CDC. These initial case counts (which were discontinued on July 24, 2009), and subsequent ongoing laboratory-confirmed reports of hospitalizations and deaths, are thought to represent a significant undercount of the actual number of 2009 H1N1 flu cases in the United States.

My point is with H1N1 they tested far fewer people than have been tested for COVID-19 and they had a harder time getting correct estimations of the numbers, but with COVID-19 everyone has been focused on it like a laser beam.  In my opinion they played the numbers down for H1N1 and have done the exact opposite with COVID-19 and we all know why and if we don't, then we aren't paying attention.

Obama appeared exactly 2 times on TV for the press the entire time for during H1N1 and as we all know Trump was appearing with the doctors almost every day for quite a while.  The first time Obama appeared he said it was nothing to be concerned with even though he didn't know that to be true, but no outrage.  Although he did say wash your hands and cough into your arm.  The 2nd and last time he appeared he wouldn't even answer any questions about it, only thinking the doctors and walking off without saying a word.

I hope someone can understand our frustration, when one President can seem that unconcerned and receive not criticism from the press and the other President has been doing all he can, even though the stockpile had been depleted by the last President and have nothing but criticism.

I ran through this pretty fast, so I'm sure I made plenty of grammatical mistakes.

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Kavika   replied to  sixpick @4.1    4 years ago
I don't remember if it is allowable to question the source or not, but running the risk and referencing the left wing Mediabiasfactcheck.org and posting what they have to say about "Crooks and Liars" the source for this article:

The stories about both Jacksonville, Tampa, and numerous other Florida cities dealing with a very large uptick in COVID19 cases are accurate. All our local papers are carrying this and other stories and also the names of bars and restaurants that are closing for a deep cleaning because some of their staff have tested positive. 

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4.1.2  FLYNAVY1  replied to  sixpick @4.1    4 years ago
I hope someone can understand our frustration, when one President can seem that unconcerned and receive not criticism from the press and the other President has been doing all he can, even though the stockpile had been depleted by the last President and have nothing but criticism.

Looks like Obama did the right thing and left it to the doctors and professionals to hammer the message home.  H1N1 killed 12000 in the US and is behind us.  Covid-19 has killed 10 times as many, is still on the rampage, and you still want to blame the former administration and the press.  How incredibly shallow.

In the face of overwhelming infection and death..... your actions and statements, just like many in the current administration are exactly why both are going to continue to grow across the United States.  You're hatred for Obama and the press have consumed your ability to see facts clearly and do the right thing.  Such a pity for a person with really good communication skills.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.1.3  cjcold  replied to  sixpick @4.1    4 years ago
I'm sure I made plenty of grammatical mistakes

Plenty of factual mistakes as well.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
4.2  SteevieGee  replied to  pat wilson @4    4 years ago

The problem is that when you reopen too early it takes a few weeks before you realize that it was a mistake.  By then you can have a whole lot of infections.  Mrs. Gee and I went to brunch sunday (our first dine-in since the shut down)  We sat outside on the sidewalk and it wasn't busy at all.  Even though half the tables had been removed half the remaining tables were still empty.  We have no plans to dine inside yet.  The smart will have a greater survival rate than the...  impatient.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
5  cjcold    4 years ago

All it would have taken would have been for one of the girls to be infected to infect the rest.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

Serves them right.

bccrane
Freshman Silent
7  bccrane    4 years ago

Something isn't being reported here, she and her friends were at the pub June 6th, she's been feeling sick for 8 days, incubation time 4 to 9 days(?), and this was reported June 16th, well, it seems that her friends should've also had symptoms by now, the article says they tested positive not that they also got sick.  So if this woman hadn't felt sick and then the need to get tested, then the others wouldn't have been tested either, so is the uptick in reported cases because of more tests being preformed and catching people who would've not been tested otherwise?

bccrane
Freshman Silent
7.1  bccrane  replied to  bccrane @7    4 years ago

As a side note, the math shows that the one who did the infecting was her.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
7.1.1  cjcold  replied to  bccrane @7.1    4 years ago

That was my first thought.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
7.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  bccrane @7    4 years ago

If she felt sick and went out anyway, I hope her friends realize what a selfish person she was to expose them.