╌>

Kayleigh McEnany Dismisses Tulsa Rally Concerns: ‘That’s Part of Life’

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  4 years ago  •  29 comments

By:   Tom Brenner

Kayleigh McEnany Dismisses Tulsa Rally Concerns: ‘That’s Part of Life’
McEnany explained that “certain measures” will be implemented including temperate checks, hand sanitizer, and masks, but did confirm that supporters will not be required to wear those masks during the indoor rally.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

White House Press Secretary  (New York Post)

White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany repeatedly downplayed concerns over President Donald Trump’s upcoming campaign rally in Tulsa during Wednesday afternoon’s briefing, resorting to a typical tactic of blaming the media who was asking her questions about it.

CNN’s Jim Acosta was the first reporter to broach the topic, asking if Trump will “take responsibility” if attendees contract COVID-19 as a result of the event. 

McEnany explained that “certain measures” will be implemented including temperate checks, hand sanitizer, and masks, but did confirm that supporters will not be required to wear those masks during the indoor rally.

“They will be given a mask,” she said. “It’s up to them whether to make that decision.” 

When it comes to the responsibility of the Trump campaign, which has included a disclaimer about the risk on its website, she said, “As in any event you assume a personal risk. That is just what you do. When you go to a baseball game, you assume a risk. That’s part of life. It’s a personal decision of Americans as to whether to go to the rally or whether not to go to the rally.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    4 years ago

McEnany explained that “certain measures” will be implemented , but did confirm that supporters will not be required to wear those masks during the indoor rally. . . .

What a total Maroon! jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  Krishna @1    4 years ago
What a total Maroon!

She claims that it is "part of life"?  Is that why attendees are required to sign a waiver agreeing not to sue Trump if they catch COVID-19?

Trump rally-goers must agree they won't sue if they contract coronavirus

Gordy327
Professor Expert
1.2  Gordy327  replied to  Krishna @1    4 years ago
McEnany explained that “certain measures” will be implemented , but did confirm that supporters will not be required to wear those masks during the indoor rally. . .

Wearing a mask is one of the most basic and simplest of measures to implement. But we can't have that, now can we? >sarc<

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.3  Split Personality  replied to  Krishna @1    4 years ago

Did you see McEnany when Pence came out?

Sitting with 4 other WH employees?

The white N95 mask was so big the journalists were afraid to say for sure it was McEnany.

Note the Secret Service guy to the right....wearing a mask.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    4 years ago

Especially bizarre in light of current developments.

Coronavirus update (6/17): U.S. death toll edges above 117,000; Oklahoma is one of 9 states that are still setting case records

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

The woman is a complete moron.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3    4 years ago
The woman is a complete moron.

Actually the presence of that trait is one of the major requirements for getting appointed by Trump (who himself is pretty deranged-- not exactly a picture of mental health himself!)

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Krishna @3.1    4 years ago

Good point.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4  Split Personality    4 years ago

I do believe the young lady is showing signs of stress...

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Split Personality @4    4 years ago
I do believe the young lady is showing signs of stress...

No surprise actually. After all she is frequently in the presence of "Dear Leader" himself...daily! jrSmiley_5_smiley_image.png

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4.2  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Split Personality @4    4 years ago

Peroxide poisoning?

Kool-Aid induced cirrhosis?

Liars remorse?

Her god is telling her that lying and bearing false witness is a sin...? (nah... that can't be it because one has to have morals first)

Trump Toxicity?  

Party before anything else syndrome?

Krishna
Professor Expert
5  seeder  Krishna    4 years ago

When it comes to the responsibility of the Trump campaign, which has included a disclaimer about the risk on its website, she said, “As in any event you assume a personal risk. That is just what you do. When you go to a baseball game, you assume a risk. That’s part of life. It’s a personal decision of Americans as to whether to go to the rally or whether not to go to the rally.”

Not surprisingly, while she mentioned personal risk, she "forgot" to mention that if someone goes to the rally and gets infected, when they return home they can infect their family...

And later infect any other people they come in contact with! jrSmiley_5_smiley_image.png

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Krishna @5    4 years ago
Not surprisingly, while she mentioned personal risk, she "forgot" to mention that if someone goes to the rally and gets infected, when they return home they can infect their family... And later infect any other people they come in contact with!

While I agree to an extent, it is still a personal choice to go or not to go. I personally would not. i don't even want to go to the grocery store yet unless I have to. And restaurants, even at half capacity or less? No thank you.

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
6  Steve Ott    4 years ago

It is, it isn't. I went to the dentist today to get an upper molar capped. I signed a waiver there.

You want to go to the rally fine. But take appropriate measures. If not, don't come near me.

And yes, McEnany is a maroon.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Steve Ott @6    4 years ago

I went to the dentist last week but I didn't have to sign a waiver.  My temperature was taken though.

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
6.1.1  Steve Ott  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @6.1    4 years ago

Ok. Great. All depends on the jurisdiction and the individual business doesn't it?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
7  Sean Treacy    4 years ago

Great job by the Post and McEnany torching that troll Acosta.

It appears democrats care about the virus again after urging  people to attend mass gatherings for two weeks. Sort of like how they obsessively post about the stock market when it loses a percentage point but are quiet when it's rising. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
7.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Sean Treacy @7    4 years ago
Sort of like how they obsessively post about the stock market when it loses a percentage point but are quiet when it's rising. 

And of course no Republicans would ever do anything like that!

Krishna
Professor Expert
7.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @7.1    4 years ago
Sort of like how they obsessively post about the stock market when it loses a percentage point but are quiet when it's rising. 
And of course no Republicans would ever do anything like that!

In case anyone missed it-- that comment was meant as sarcasm!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9  Tessylo    4 years ago

[removed]

You say you live in Tulsa.  Are you going to the 'rally'?

bugsy
Professor Participates
10  bugsy    4 years ago

The left and their media propaganda arm are very predictable. There are several scenarios that will play out both this Saturday night during the rally, then again over the next couple of weeks.

Scenario 1- 2 Possibilities. 1st possibility...The backdrop will consist of people all wearing face masks. The media will say these people are nothing more than props and the only reason they are wearing face masks is for the cameras, even if wide shots around the arena will show most, if not all, people wearing masks. Liberals and the media do not understand personal responsibility that conservatives practice every day.

2nd possibility....No one, or few, in the backdrop, will be wearing face masks. The media will promptly tell their lemmings that these people are going to kill others around them.

Scenario 2- Liberal groups will track rally goer cell phones, as they were known to do during the protests at Michigan state house. If there is even a smidgen of a spike anywhere in the country that even only one rally goer lives, the media will spin this one person as proof that Trump is trying to kill people.

No matter what the media "reports", the liberal lemmings, many on here, will lap it all up as proof that Trump wants to kill people.

In the meantime, we will continue to see riots, protests and looting throughout blue cities, and the media will not say one word about the possibility of COVID spread.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
11  lady in black    4 years ago

Bubble headed bleach blonde parrot

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
11.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  lady in black @11    4 years ago

Not so much a parrot as she is a lemming.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12  Tessylo    4 years ago

[deleted]

Karri
Freshman Silent
13  Karri    4 years ago

Well, well.  It seems she shares her boss' level of empathy.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
14  Tacos!    4 years ago
“certain measures” will be implemented including temperate checks, hand sanitizer, and masks

I still don't like the idea of the rally, but that's a hell of a lot more than any organizers of street protests are doing.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
14.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tacos! @14    4 years ago

At least the protesters wear masks.