╌>

Trump blasts DACA decision, asking if people get the impression 'the Supreme Court doesn’t like me?'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  4 years ago  •  8 comments

By:   David Jackson

Trump blasts DACA decision, asking if people get the impression 'the Supreme Court doesn’t like me?'
Trump, who is making conservative judges a key argument in his reelection bid, was scathing in his attacks on the high court.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Photo: PracticalHeartSkills.com

WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump denounced the Supreme Court on Thursday for upholding a program allowing young, undocumented immigrants to remain in the United States, accusing the court of "shotgun blasts" in the face of conservatives.

"Do you get the impression that the Supreme Court doesn’t like me?" Trump tweeted after the immigration ruling that came three days after the court ruled against the administration in a LGBTQ rights case.

Trump, who is making conservative judges a key argument in his reelection bid, was scathing in his attacks on the high court.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    4 years ago

"Do you get the impression that the Supreme Court doesn’t like me?" Trump tweeted after the immigration ruling that came three days after the court ruled against the administration in a LGBTQ rights case.

Sulking like a 5 year old....

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Krishna @1    4 years ago

What makes Trump think it's only the Supreme Court that doesn't like him..?

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    4 years ago

Legal and political analysts said Trump is making these Supreme Court cases too much about himself, and not enough about the law.

It ain't the first time! jrSmiley_5_smiley_image.png

JBB
Professor Principal
3  JBB    4 years ago

Yes, I do get the idea that an ever growing majority of people don't like Trump...

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
4  Raven Wing    4 years ago

I guess that Trump and the GOP thought that they had the SCOTUS locked up in their favor, and considered the 5 Republicans holding the majority being their automatic loyal puppets that will always vote in the favor of Trump and his lap fog party. And to some extent they have gotten their wishes.

However, as we have learned, that does not turn out to be 100% of the time. As we have found out, the head puppet that they thought would always be on his knees happily playing the SCOTUS court Jester for them, did not find two of their orders doable. 

Roberts voted to retain Obama's ACA, and now voted to retain DACA. These two acts have brought him the wrath of the President and members of his own GOP party. 

Imagine that. Trump got a rejection of his demanded decision on both cases. Justice Roberts, and man who upholds the law of the land. A man who actually is very well qualified for his job. A man who is mentally capable of making intelligent decisions that are in the best interests for our country and its people. A man who had the audacity to go against Trump, who has none of the qualities of the man who chose to reject the arrogant and self-interest demands of the person who sits in the office of the highest office of our country, and act in the best interest of our country, and according to the laws of the land. 

Thank you Justice Roberts for being a true American. At least in these two very important issues. jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

Maybe Trump should sign an EO declaring that everything is always about him.  At least that way, it would be official.

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
6  Steve Ott    4 years ago

He doesn't like anyone who doesn't do his bidding. Especially judges he appointed.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
6.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Steve Ott @6    4 years ago

Trump values loyalty..... right up to the time it is to his advantage to throw that loyal person under the bus.