╌>

CDC maps show Florida's deepening coronavirus crisis, as state shatters daily case record

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  4 years ago  •  82 comments

By:   Christopher Wilson, Senior Writer

CDC maps show Florida's deepening coronavirus crisis, as state shatters daily case record

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Yahoo News

1e305890-de22-11e9-bf8e-328cc2e5a241

Christopher Wilson Senior Writer

yahoo_NEWS_Light.png June 26, 2020, 12:55 PM EST

CDC maps show Florida's deepening coronavirus crisis

Florida announced nearly 9,000 new daily coronavirus cases on Friday, breaking its previous record and sparking new concerns about a surge across the South.

The dramatic growth of cases over the past month in Florida, and other states including Arizona and Texas, can be seen in internal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention maps obtained by Yahoo News. Those maps, part of the agency’s daily updates marked for internal use only, show that about one month ago many counties in Florida were depicted in blue, yellow and orange colors, indicating that they were in a downward trajectory for coronavirus cases.

Now almost all of Florida is blanketed in red, indicating that those parts of the state are seeing no downward trend. The maps also show significantly fewer counties across the United States trending down now than there were a month ago.

Florida’s Department of Health on Friday morning confirmed 8,942 new cases, nearly double the previous daily record, set on Wednesday. The case total in the state now stands at 122,960, with more than 3,400 deaths. About   81 percent of adult intensive care unit beds were full   as of Wednesday.

Rebekah Jones, the former supervisor for the state’s coronavirus data dashboard, was fired in May after claiming that her supervisors were attempting to make her manipulate data for political reasons.   She claimed this week that Florida officials   were continuing to twist data to make their response look better.

3d328e40-b7d2-11ea-bbd1-51e1a24593a6

COVID-19 Response Update on June 22, 2020.

When the Miami Herald asked Gov. Ron DeSantis about Jones’s claims this week, he said the newspaper was “chasing the conspiracy bandwagon.”

On Friday morning, Halsey Beshears, secretary of the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation, announced that the state was prohibiting the drinking of alcohol at bars in an attempt to stop crowds from gathering. Portending this week’s news, a viral story earlier this month told of a Jacksonville woman and 15 of her friends who   contracted the disease after gathering at a bar   on June 6.

“I think we were careless and we went out into a public place when we should not have. And we were not wearing masks. I think we had a whole ‘Out of sight, out of mind’ mentality. The state opens back up and said everybody was fine, so we took advantage of that,” said Erika Crisp, who works in health care.

While the Palm Beach County commissioners voted to make mask wearing mandatory, a clip from their meeting went viral Wednesday showing citizens opposing masks by   promoting wild conspiracy theories .

3d332a80-b7d2-11ea-b67f-c4055eac73b9

COVID-19 Response Update on May 27, 2020.

In May, Yahoo News reported on   an internal Department of Homeland Security briefing   that cited Palm Beach County as a potential emerging hot spot. Since that time, the virus has surged across the state.

As the United States sees   record highs for daily cases , there is positive news in that the   death rate is declining , possibly reflecting the fact that many of the new patients are younger. But deaths lag new cases by several weeks to months, and there is a worrisome sign in the rise in cases requiring hospitalization.

According to tracking numbers from   Johns Hopkins University , the U.S. has had more than 124,000 deaths and 2.4 million positive cases, far more than any other nation.

Jana Winter contributed reporting to this story.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago

According to some posters, only Democrat 'hotbeds' are spiking.

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1  Krishna  replied to  Tessylo @1    4 years ago
According to some posters, only Democrat 'hotbeds' are spiking.

Initially New York was the worst of all!

But they've taken a lot of sensible steps (unlike many of the southern and south-incredibly,  western states)-- and (I read this only a day or two ago) New York state now has the lowest rate of new infections of all 50 states!

So they must be doing something right...jrSmiley_2_smiley_image.png

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1    4 years ago

There is a difference between "cases" and deaths. Your article deals with "cases" which understandably increase with testing. Deaths on the other hand are decreasing

"there is positive news in that the    death rate is declining  ,"

Table of coronavirus death count and rate, per state

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2    4 years ago

Why don't you do an article on it then?

"there is positive news in that the     death rate is declining    ,"

But with all the astronomical spikes in these republican 'hotbeds', deaths will be on the rise also.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.3  seeder  Tessylo  replied to    4 years ago

You apparently missed this

Initially New York was the worst of all!

But they've taken a lot of sensible steps (unlike many of the southern and south-incredibly,  western states)-- and (I read this only a day or two ago) New York state now has the lowest rate of new infections of all 50 states!

So they must be doing something right...jrSmiley_2_smiley_image.png

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to    4 years ago

When it takes a unified concerted effort to battle with an enemy that is blind to political differences, it's time for Americans to put their petty partisan politics aside and make a unified and universal effort to defeat it.  Or are Americans so blind themselves to not realize that?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.2.6  MrFrost  replied to    4 years ago

The USA has 25% of the cases and 4% of the global population. I got news for you. It's not the Dems that are;

1) Storming state capitals without masks or social distancing.

2) Protesting in the streets because their, "civil liberties" are being trampled without masks or social distancing.

3) Going to church despite warnings over and over and over and over again...without masks or social distancing. 

Want to know what piss poor leadership during a pandemic looks like? 

Thank trump for this..

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.2.7  sandy-2021492  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.2.4    4 years ago

A lot of us realize it, Buzz.  But we can't defeat it if we're being undermined by those who don't. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.2.8  Sean Treacy  replied to  MrFrost @1.2.6    4 years ago

he USA has 25% of the cases and 4% of the global popul

No, we don't. for starters tell me exactly How many cases did China have? 

ming state capitals without masks or social distancin

Of course they are. Don't you watch the news?  It's hard to beat up state senators and social distance at the same time.

urch despite warnings over and over and over and over again...without masks or social distancing

You check voter registrations at every church in America? No democrats go to church?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.9  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.2.8    4 years ago

Yes, we do.  

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.2.10  Sean Treacy  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.9    4 years ago

Okay. Exactly how many cases does China have?

It's sad that this far into this,it has to be explained how the disease and reporting works.  It's a critical thinking test and so far, you fail. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.11  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.2.10    4 years ago

No, you fail. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.2.12  Sean Treacy  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.11    4 years ago

If nothing else, you make me laugh with your predictability.  

What a surprise you avoid answering the question. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.2.13  Krishna  replied to    4 years ago
True, but they have a long way to go to catch up with the Democrat "hotbeds".  Especially New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Illinois, Michigan, California and Connecticut.

You didn't read it carefully.

Initially New York had the highest rate. (Probably hardly anyone here knows why...but that[s a bit off topic)

Until they figured out how to control it.

I read recently that they now have the lowest rate of new cases in the entire country! (because they figured out how to control it). You are talking about the original cases.

But there's been a change. Nor there are a few states that initially had fewer cases  are now having a much, much higher rate--every day!

The rate of new cases is so bad in Texas that even their total Maroon of a governor (Abbott) has stopped some of the re-openings!

HOUSTON — Just 55 days after reopening Texas restaurants and other businesses,  Gov. Greg Abbott  on Thursday hit the pause button, stopping additional phases of the state’s reopening as new  coronavirus cases and hospitalizations soared  and as the governor struggled to pull off the seemingly impossible task of keeping both the state open and the virus under control.

And that's significant as he may now face extreme anger by our Deranged -in-Chief in the White House who wants faster re-openings, and doesn't even wear a mask himself! (And wants to pack people into big rallies where people are allowed to wear mask-- but its not required!). Dumkopf!

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.2.14  Krishna  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.2.10    4 years ago
Exactly how many cases does China have?

We don't know. Its only guesswork.

Why?

Becasue China is not giving out accurate numbers!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.15  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @1.2.14    4 years ago

How do you KNOW China is not giving out accurate numbers?  Which propaganda/false news medium did you read?  Did your O'Donnell Republican playbook for the reelection of Trump say it?  Were you in China counting the numbers yourselves, you and Sean?  Well, you/re in America and I'm in China and I've said this a few times already but I guess it's a little hard to for it to sink in. 

First of all it's impossible for ANY country to produce accurate numbers, because many are infected who show no symptoms, and are never tested, and for deaths, many have not been reported and only more recently was it possible to update the Wuhan deaths because many had not been reported originally.  Nobody's count is perfect - no way America's is accurate as well.  Now, Chongqing, the city-state in which I reside has a population of 32 million.  There were 679 reported cases of which 6 died and the rest are now since recovered, in fact recovered months ago.  A new case or two have since been reported, persons who arrived from elsewhere.  Everything is back to normal now.  Although many people still wear masks, stores and restaurants are open and schools are open.  Why?  Because EVERYBODY took the guidelines, the restrictions, seriously.  Everyone stayed home.  It's a cultural thing.  The people here are concerned for the collective, more concerned for others's safety and health and life than their own.  Compare that to Americans.  One person from each family went to purchase the food and medicine necessities.  They wore masks, they wore disposable gloves, some even wore disposable shoe covers.  They washed with disinfectant upon return.  They maintained social distancing.  They were not allowed into supermarkets and pharmacies (the only stores that were open) until they were temperature checked and showed proof of local residency.  The pharmacy we go to put a table in front of its store and nobody but staff entered the store.  You had to ask for what you wanted, pay for it, and the product was brought to you.  For two months the streets were totally empty like in a dystopian disaster movie.  Nobody was there.  I could see it with my own eyes.  Now, why do I believe the numbers?  Two doctors who served on the front lines told me what was happening, and one of them is my best friend (other than my wife) here and I believe him.  I helped his daughter with her English and he took me to the expat Thanksgiving Dinners.  They told me the numbers for where I live were as accurate as they could be. As well, nobody in my wife's extended family and nobody among our friends and their families became infected, and not only that, none of them even KNEW about anyone becoming infected.  Surely among what could be hundreds at least SOMEONE would have been infected. but NOBODY WAS.  So if I extrapolate those numbers to elsewhere in China (save perhaps for Wuhan and Hebei Province) the total numbers make perfect sense to me.  Maybe it's because the Chinese had to deal with SARS before, and were better prepared.  Fortunately Trump did not call the shots here. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.2.16  Greg Jones  replied to  MrFrost @1.2.6    4 years ago

Sorry, but your partisan laundry doesn't wash.

Trump is in no way responsible for this virus, or the cause of it's spread.

The uptick is being caused by irresponsible young people of all political stripes.

For some weird reason, people don't like being cooped up for weeks on end and bossed around by government officials on power trips.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.17  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.2.15    4 years ago

Thanks for that Buzz.  I won't speak for Krishna but you're spot on about Sean.  Pay him no mind.  He never offers anything of value or relevance.  

He's a tRumper through and through.  

Deplorable.  

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.2.18  Greg Jones  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.2.15    4 years ago

Maybe it's because the Chinese had to deal with SARS before, and were better prepared. 

How in the world can you say China was better prepared for the Wuhan virus when they government as first denied its existence, and then tried to cover it up, and then failed to inform of the governments and health organizations for weeks???

In a country with a collective repressive system of government an unfree and subjected population will do what their "leaders" tell them to do.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.19  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2.16    4 years ago

No one said tRump was responsible for the virus.

HE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SPREAD HERE IN THE U.S..

HE IGNORED ALL WARNINGS UNTIL IT WAS TOO LATE.

HE DISASSEMBLED THE PANDEMIC RESPONSE TEAM WHICH WAS ANOTHER FUCKUP FROM pRESIDENT FUCKUP.

THIS IS BEING SPREAD BECAUSE OF IDIOT REPUBLICAN GOVERNORS WHO REFUSE TO ENFORCE COMMON SENSE GUIDELINES AND THOSE WHO REFUSE TO FOLLOW THOSE GUIDELINES AND PUT EVERYONE ELSE AT RISK.  

NOT THE RESULT OF PROTESTERS.  

You're welcome Greg to ignore all common sense and precautions which is what all tRumpsters appear to do.  

'Being bossed around'?

I have to really wonder about the mental age of folks who support this abomination of a 'president' and 'administration', essentially a criminal enterprise.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.20  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2.18    4 years ago
'when they government as first denied its existence, and then tried to cover it up, and then failed to inform of the governments and health organizations for weeks???
In a country with a collective repressive system of government an unfree and subjected population will do what their "leaders" tell them to do.'
Sounds like you're talking about Barr and the tRump criminal enterprise administration.  
The tRump administration is a bunch of gangsters, thugs, grifters, scum

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.2.21  MrFrost  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2.16    4 years ago

For some weird reason, people don't like being cooped up for weeks on end and bossed around by government officials on power trips.

Interesting. Is it a power trip or are they trying to keep people from dying? I mean, if it's just a power trip, why didn't they do it before corona virus was even a blip on the radar? Why not just do it all the time, no matter what? 

Your statement reminds me of Hannity going crazy about the lady that was cutting hair and was arrested. "She was arrested for cutting hair!!!!!". No, she was arrested for breaking the law. 

Trump is in no way responsible for this virus, or the cause of it's spread.

So that wonderful economy we had...trump had nothing to do with it. The DJIA climbing? Nothing to do with trump either? I mean, trump said it himself, "I take no responsibility", because that's what all good leaders do, right? 

Seriously. He wants to pretend to be president? He better be ready to accept the good with the bad. That's the way it works. 

Seriously, the failed response to the corona virus is ALL donny's fault. Testing kits that worked perfectly from the CDC? Pass. Confiscating medical supplies from states, then forcing the states to buy them back after the taxpayers already paid for them? I could sit here for HOURS and type out all the fuck ups by trump on this issue alone but I will limit it to one more. His response. 

He was briefed about corona virus in early December. As late as March, he was still downplaying it, lying about it and doing nothing to address the problem. He went to his rallies, he golfed, (a LOT), took time off, etc.. He did nothing. He seriously had the balls to blame Obama for not having testing kits ready for a virus that didn't even exist when Obama left office.

Trump not responsible? Bullshit. 

512 512

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.22  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  MrFrost @1.2.21    4 years ago

pRESIDENT FUCKUP

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.23  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  MrFrost @1.2.21    4 years ago

Funny how (I work at a University Hospital for the School of Medicine) we were sent home on March 13th.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.2.24  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.3    4 years ago
But they've taken a lot of sensible steps

You mean like kill off large segments of their elderly population?

Those steps?

When Florida, who has a higher total population than New York by 3 to 4 million people, gets anywhere near the cases and deaths New York is getting and has, then you may have a point. I live in North Florida, and to this day, I know no one that has had COVID. Most of the cases are in south Florida cities, cities that are ran by democrat mayors, like Miami, Fort Lauderdale and Palm Beach.

Until then...

Nope...

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.2.25  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.3    4 years ago
New York state now has the lowest rate of new infections of all 50 states!

Because they already killed off a large portion of their vulnerable population.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.26  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @1.2.25    4 years ago

I guess you don't have a 'right wing' thread to go feel welcome on?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.27  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @1.2.24    4 years ago

Your personal experience doesn't mean a damned thing 

9,000 cases in one day.

That Democrat lie again?

tumblr_m4z5mpU8N41qzp9b7o1_500.gif

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.28  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2.18    4 years ago

I wasn't talking about the government, I was talking about the PEOPLE.  I said "the Chinese", I didn't say the Chinese government or the CCP, or even China.  For example, many already had masks, and also knew to follow guidelines in order to not get sick or make others sick.  Even I had a mask because I had to go to Beijing to renew my passport, and Beijing was very smoggy. 

What one is allowed to do in different countries is only a matter of degree.  Every country has laws or else it would be anarchy.  I guess a person has to be grown up to understand that.  I am as free as I want to be, I do whatever I want, so I really don't have any regrets for living here.  But then I've travelled in about 17 different countries in my lifetime and I was intelligent enough to do as the Romans do when in Rome. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.29  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.2.28    4 years ago

I'll correct that.  I was intelligent enough to NOT do as the Romans do NOT do when in Rome.

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
1.2.30  MonsterMash  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.23    4 years ago

duplicate comment deleted

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
1.2.31  MonsterMash  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.23    4 years ago

[deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago

'According to tracking numbers from      Johns Hopkins University  , the U.S. has had more than 124,000 deaths and 2.4 million positive cases, far more than any other nation.'

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1  Krishna  replied to  Tessylo @2    4 years ago

I saw that article. 

Pretty amazing, eh? We're a modern nation...advanced in science, technology, etc. Yet we have the highest number of cases in the world. (I wonder when our politicians are going to wake up and realize that maybe-- just possible?-- we might be doing something wrong?

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2.1.2  sandy-2021492  replied to    4 years ago

Yes, but hospitalizations in some areas are also up - that's not a result of increased testing.  Houston is in trouble:

But regionally, some hospital officials are reporting that intensive care units — for seriously ill patients, like those on ventilators — are near or over capacity, and local leaders have warned that hospitals could get overwhelmed if the number of infections keeps climbing.

In the hard-hit Houston region, hospitals have begun moving coronavirus patients from crowded ICUs to other facilities. A local children’s hospital   said   this week it is admitting transfer patients, with and without the virus, to help other facilities manage their capacity.

“We appear to be nearing the tipping point,” Dr. Marc Boom, head of the Houston Methodist hospital system, wrote in an email to employees Friday. “Should the number of new cases grow too rapidly, it will eventually challenge our ability to treat both COVID-19 and non-COVID 19 patients."

Elsewhere, counties like   Travis   and   Harris , which includes Houston, have eyed local convention centers or stadiums   as temporary hospital overflow facilities — reviving plans mapped out early in the pandemic that were largely abandoned due to lack of need at the time.

The number of patients hospitalized with the virus in Texas has more than doubled since the beginning of the month, reaching 4,092 Tuesday. The figure began rising in early June, a month after Abbott let a stay-at-home order expire and allowed businesses to begin reopening.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.3  seeder  Tessylo  replied to    4 years ago

'We are testing more.'

And that's wrong?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.5  seeder  Tessylo  replied to    4 years ago

In your article:

'The extent to which the new cases may be tied to protests is unclear. Although it is likely some cases were contracted during protests, the virus is believed to have an incubation period of between 2 and 14 days, while reporting delays could also make it difficult to determine when and where people contracted the disease.'

"[I am] encouraging people who have been out in the general public... participated in marches, demonstrations, protests... go and be tested," the mayor said during Monday  press briefing . "Numbers continue to go up every day."

The mayor has personally participated in the demonstrations, including the large march to city hall. He decided to get tested for the virus on Saturday due to taking part in the march, testing negative for a second time since the pandemic began. However, Turner does not believe that the new cases should be blamed solely on the demonstrations.

"The state's governor started aggressively reopening businesses prior to the march and people packed into restaurants, bars, pool parties and other events despite the occupancy limits and with little to no social distancing or the use of face masks," Mary Benton, the mayor's communications director, told Newsweek in a statement.

"Mayor Turner has consistently encouraged people to practice the recommended social distancing, good hygiene and the wearing of face masks," she added. "Because he marched, went to the memorial and funeral, Mayor Turner took his second COVID-19 test which was negative and encourages everyone to get tested."

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2.1.6  sandy-2021492  replied to    4 years ago

Yes, the protests are another cause for concern.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.8  seeder  Tessylo  replied to    4 years ago

Yes, I saw that. 

One instance.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.10  seeder  Tessylo  replied to    4 years ago

There is no proof it's from the protests.

They could have been positive before the protests.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.12  seeder  Tessylo  replied to    4 years ago

Prove it is.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.13  seeder  Tessylo  replied to    4 years ago

Did you join Newstalkers just to comment on my article?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.1.14  MrFrost  replied to    4 years ago

I think you are forgetting the states that reopened before the protests were taking place. Add to that a lot of church goers were refusing to social distance and going to church despite warnings. 

Pinning all the increases in cases on ONE single even is disingenuous at best. 

Besides, as Hannity pointed out, most of those evil protesters were wearing masks, "to hide their faces".. /eye roll/ Someone should maybe let Hannity know there is a pandemic going on. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.15  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  MrFrost @2.1.14    4 years ago

He's not forgetting anything.  

Including this:

"The state's governor started aggressively reopening businesses prior to the march and people packed into restaurants, bars, pool parties and other events despite the occupancy limits and with little to no social distancing or the use of face masks," Mary Benton, the mayor's communications director, told Newsweek in a statement.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.16  Krishna  replied to    4 years ago
We are testing more.

LOL-- I kneieomeone was going to say that.!

Yup-- we have more Virus cases because we're testing more.

So how can we get the # of cases down?

Simple-- stop testing!

(While you might find that hard to believe MUVA, mostt of Trump's supporters actually believe that horseshit! Yes-- in some of those southern and south-western states the actual number of cases is skyrocketing. ASstime goes on more and more people will be losing friends and relatives to the virus.Little by little some of the less "mentally-challenged" Trump groups will eventually wake up when they lose a loved one. But in the meantime-- they are still drinking the Kool-Aide! :-(

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.17  Krishna  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.3    4 years ago

'We are testing more.'

And that's wrong?

Well itmis according to the <oron-in Cheif/ He's trying to get us to believe that its the testing thsat's causinf the high numbers-- so therefore the solution is to stop testing-- and there won't be any new cases.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
2.1.18  FLYNAVY1  replied to    4 years ago

Testing doesn't cause the death toll to rise MUVA..... Why can multiple industrialized European countries do what we can't..... Drive down their infection rates, which consequently lowers the death rate too.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1.20  Greg Jones  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.10    4 years ago

There is no proof it was from the lifting of the restrictions.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1.21  Greg Jones  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @2.1.18    4 years ago

In another article it appears that cases are starting to rise in Europe.

S'up bro'

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.22  seeder  Tessylo  replied to    4 years ago
WTF are you talking about?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.23  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1.20    4 years ago

Of course it was from lifting restrictions, some places had no restrictions whatsoever . 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.24  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1.21    4 years ago

[deleted]

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.1.25  MrFrost  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1.20    4 years ago

There is no proof it was from the lifting of the restrictions.

Timeline proves you wrong. So does basic science. 

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
2.1.27  MonsterMash  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.10    4 years ago
There is no proof it's from the protests. They could have been positive before the protests.

Perhaps, if some were how many others did they spread it to?

NY has come up with a neat little way to keep the number of new cases down. If someone tests positive for COVID-19 and says they attended a protest their not counted

To think the protest didn't contribute to the rise in new cases is foolish.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.28  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  MonsterMash @2.1.27    4 years ago

'NY has come up with a neat little way to keep the number of new cases down. If someone tests positive for COVID-19 and says they attended a protest their not counted'

Prove it!

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
2.1.29  MonsterMash  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.28    4 years ago

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.31  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  MonsterMash @2.1.29    4 years ago

Fox 'news' as a source?

LOL!

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
2.1.32  MonsterMash  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.30    4 years ago
“No person will be asked proactively if they attended a protest,” de Blasio spokesperson Avery Cohen told The City, adding, "If a person wants to proactively offer that information, there is an opportunity for them to do so."

Sure, they can voluntarily say the attended a protest, but if they do it won't be counted in the COVID-19 cases since the question wasn't asked.

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
2.1.33  MonsterMash  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.31    4 years ago
Fox 'news' as a source?

Attacking a source always shows intelligence /s

Fox beats

Clown

Nonsense

Network

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4  Buzz of the Orient    4 years ago

It's not just the politicians that have been misleading the public, the problem in America is more "deep-seated" than that.  It is the whole philosophy of America and Americans.  When the economy is more important than the health and lives of the people, you can see the result.  When (and I watched this on a news clip) when a man is detained for not wearing a mask in California he shouts "I woke up this morning a free man....", and that is what so many put ahead of sensible precaution, you now see the result.  The defiance of what was necessary to prevent such numbers has simply boosted the numbers. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago

106237735_10216918611189462_921546269821214599_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=AGcXWk75AqwAX8u2Zf1&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=94b366e34c82bb95567dcea1e4722189&oe=5F1D0DCE

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Tessylo @5    4 years ago

Shouting implies that you're insecure of your own opinions.

Kavika
Professor Principal
6  Kavika     4 years ago

Rebekah Jones has put together a great dashboard on COVID19 . The detail and info available are excellent.

In addition to more testing, we've been testing around 30,000 per day for well over a month an important part of the increased testing is the positive rate has jumped from 5% to 9.4% as of a couple of days ago. The positive rate for the last 24 hours was 18.53%

As of today, no alcohol can be sold in bars in FL. The start of this was the suspending of a liquor license for Knights Bar in Orlando two days ago. When an inspector checked it it was found that none of the rules were being followed. Thus the suspended liquor license. The following day, today, the state set another record for new cases and the ruling came down that no alcohol would be sold in bars. 

The cases are pretty much out of control. The dimwits in Palm Beach that were screaming at the city council members about wearing masks should check their county cases. In the last 24 hours 625 new cases and 4 more deaths. 

Any way you look at it in Florida it's a frickin disaster.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Kavika @6    4 years ago

9,000 cases in one day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Must be because of the protests.  

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.1.1  Krishna  replied to  Tessylo @6.1    4 years ago
Must be because of the protests.

Nope. The real real reasonwWe have higher rates now because we're doing more testing.

So all we have to do is stop testing-- and then there will be no more new cases. Simple!!! jrSmiley_4_smiley_image.png

(I know its true because I heard it on Fox News and they wouldn't lie! I surprised you didn't know that! The Virus is caused by testing not by contact with people who don't wear masks. Stop the testing-- and there will be no more new cases. You really should consider getting your news only from Fox...then you too can drink the Kool Aid. Trust me--Its delicious , 

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.1.2  Krishna  replied to  Tessylo @6.1    4 years ago
Must be because of the protests

Well that must beone reason.

New York has had the lowest current rate of new cases of all the 60 states.

What's the conclusion? Because,If NY has the lowest rates, logically  its because they must have no protests-- or very few. (The states with the highest rates, such as many southern states, Texas, Arizona etc have the highest rates because they have the most BLM protests  because they are much, much more liberal than NY!

P.S: Did I mention that the Moon is made of Bleu Cheese?

And Up is Down. 

Night is Day

War is Peace.

Freedom is Slavery,

Ignorance is Bliss

--The Teeny-Weeny Little Red Book, The Sayings of Chairman Trump!"

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago

It looks like I'm talking to myself in some comments here.  There was a poster, Reggin, I think their name was?  It appears they signed up just to comment on my article and troll essentially.  Now the poster and the comments are gone.

I thought it was some kind of troll.

Good job whoever found them and kicked them off the site.  

Kavika
Professor Principal
8  Kavika     4 years ago

Florida broke the one day old record of 8942 COVID19 with 9585 in the last 24 hours. 

Dubious record to say the least. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago

Thanks to Perrie.  They rooted out the troll.

Interesting how the only article they commented on was mine and now they're gone.  

They've been banned!!!!

Good job Perrie!!!

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
11  MonsterMash    4 years ago

jrSmiley_50_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  MonsterMash @11    4 years ago

So you like trolls?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago

106332790_10219620103465703_8114393889069139823_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=peFKWUbm874AX-FRVed&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&_nc_tp=6&oh=70e5f7db33214a9cc085640d171ddcca&oe=5F1F0E84