╌>

Christians have the right to wrap an American flag around a Baphomet statue’s head and set it on fire. And they should.

Category:  News & Politics

By:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  46 comments

Christians have the right to wrap an American flag around a Baphomet statue’s head and set it on fire. And they should.
You tear down a statue that honored racists, we'll tear down one that honors a sabbatic goat.

Although I have never heard of her, there is a columnist for the conservative newspaper The Washington Times named Cheryl Chumley, and Ms Chumley has written a column calling for Christians to join in the statue removing surge and tear down statues to Baphomet. 

If you are like most people, you have never heard of Baphomet , so here it is

The first known mention of Baphomet was in a letter written in 1098 by Anselm of Ribemont describing the Siege of Antioch during the First Crusade . Anselm stated that the Turks “called loudly upon Baphomet.” Most scholars believe that the word refers to Muhammad , the founder of Islam . In 1307 Philip IV of France had every Templar in France arrested, accusing them of such heretical acts as idolatrous worship of a bearded male head called Baphomet. By the 19th century Freemasons had also been (falsely) said to worship Baphomet.

In his book Dogme et ritual de la haute magie (1861; Transcendental Magic: Its Doctrine and Ritual ), the influential French occultist Éliphas Lévi created the Baphomet that has become a recognized occult icon. The book’s frontispiece was a drawing of Baphomet imagined as a “Sabbatic Goat”—a hermaphroditic winged human figure with the head and feet of a goat that is adorned with numerous esoteric symbols. Lévi describes the meaning of each element of the drawing, which is defined by its profound and pervasive duality. British occultist Aleister Crowley     also adopted Baphomet, notably in his “Gnostic Mass.” More recently, the Satanic Temple commissioned a statue of Baphomet, which was unveiled in 2015 and then moved to various places as a protest against displays of Ten Commandments monuments in public spaces.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Baphomet

You tear down a statue that honored racists, we'll tear down one that honors a sabbatic goat. (a hermaphroditic winged human figure with the head and feet of a goat that is adorned with numerous esoteric symbols.)

How many statues and monuments to Baphomet are there in America? Well Chumley identifies four, so I guess they could all be defaced in a day, if she can find a few people in Little Rock, Detroit, Oklahoma City and Springfield Illinois to do the honors. 

I guess Christians just don't want to be left on the sidelines. 

Who knew satanism was as big a problem in the U.S. as racism ?  Cheryl Chumley's readers know. 

================================

Baphomet

Baphomet-Eliphas-Levi.jpg

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    4 years ago
all statues of satanic imagery, from  Baphomet  to Snaketivity to whatever else the devil-worshippers design. In today’s country, by today’s standards, by the standards set by anarchists and thugs and flown forth on the wings of silent Democrats — Christians have the right to wrap an American flag around a Baphomet statue’s head and set it on fire. And they should.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago
Christians have the right to wrap an American flag around a Baphomet statue’s head and set it on fire.

But I thought Christians were pro-1st Amendment.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
1.1.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1    4 years ago

When it suits them.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1    4 years ago

Only when it suits their agendas.

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
1.2  Account Deleted  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

Interesting that many evangelical Christians have forgotten their heritage of the absolute separation of church and state advocated by the founder of the first Baptist church in the colonies - Roger Williams .

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.2.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Account Deleted @1.2    4 years ago

CONVIENTLY forgotten their heritage of the absolute separation of the church and state...

Jefferson to the Danbury Baptist Chirch...

I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people
which declared that their legislature would “make no law respecting an establishment
of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,” thus building a wall
of separation between Church and State.

T. Jefferson

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.2.2  Krishna  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.2.1    4 years ago

make no law respecting an establishmentof religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof

That's one of the strengths of the U.S. Many of the early immigrants were from minority religions (or minority Christian sects) that were persecuted in European countries that had only one specific demonination of one religion as theri official state religion. People who had any dovergent beliefs were persecuted.

So they came here for religious freedom. (Contrary to the nonsensical belief held by some of current nuttier evangelical groups-- there is no "war on Christians" in the U.S!...Yes-- Christians here are free to worship as they choose!)

As a result we gained many different types of people, many with different customs, traditions-- and skills!

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
2  Thrawn 31    4 years ago

Lol, have fun. Honestly I didn't even know there were these statues. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1  Krishna  replied to  Thrawn 31 @2    4 years ago
Lol, have fun. Honestly I didn't even know there were these statues. 

I had heard of Bahomet, but wasn't sure what he was. Something to do with Satan perhaps? (I thought it might Satan-- appearing in the form of a goat?)

But I also surprised to find out there were statues ti him!

In recent years Wicca and various other old "earth religions" have become more popular. I've known a few people who claim to be "witches" (or at least reading up on how to become one).

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
3  Account Deleted    4 years ago

Pastafarians beware - they are coming for you next!

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Account Deleted @3    4 years ago

With parmesan, and garlic bread to boot...!

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
3.1.1  Account Deleted  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.1    4 years ago

Yummmm

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
3.1.2  Ozzwald  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.1    4 years ago

With parmesan, and garlic bread to boot...!

Ramen.......

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4  Sparty On    4 years ago

Only the Flying Spaghetti Monster and his noodily appendages is immune as he has a Klingon cloaking device to ward off all crazies.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Sparty On @4    4 years ago

Better be one big-ass cloaking device as there are a bunch of religious zealots out there all saying they're being repressed......

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @4.1    4 years ago

Trying to kid around with unbelievers can be difficult.  

So much hate, so much anger.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.2  Ozzwald  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.1    4 years ago
So much hate, so much anger.

You try arguing with an adult that still believes in Santa Claus.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.2    4 years ago

Do yourself a favor.  

Don't worry about it.   You'll live longer

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
4.2  Account Deleted  replied to  Sparty On @4    4 years ago

Shhhhhhhhh! The cloaking device is a big secret.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.3  Gordy327  replied to  Sparty On @4    4 years ago

RAMEN!

Wheel
Freshman Quiet
5  Wheel    4 years ago

Never heard of Chumley? Count yourself fortunate.  She's a fixture on Twitter.  I often tell her, in comments, that she and Tennessee need to take a nice vacation and visit the relatives in Antarctica.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Wheel @5    4 years ago

I see what you mean

cheryl chumley
@ckchumley
·
Jun 27
and yet Jesus still loves you. Imagine that.
Quote Tweet
KdQ2o-az_normal.jpg
Celina Stanley
@SATANLEY78
· Jun 27
Replying to @LucienGreaves and @ckchumley
Christians make me sick with their double standards. Nothing but fake people being enslaved by an even faker god. Pathetic.

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1.1  Krishna  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1    4 years ago

I often wonder about those people on Twitter and other social media platforms that spend a good percentage of their waking hours arguin that their religious (or Atheistic) beliefs are better than someone elses. (And that "someone else, in turns, wastes his or her life arguin that their beliefs are better!

Ender
Professor Principal
6  Ender    4 years ago

If anyone touches Elvis, there will be war !

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
7  Account Deleted    4 years ago

Everybody touches that statue.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
8  pat wilson    4 years ago

Sorry John, I couldn't help it.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  pat wilson @8    4 years ago

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.1.1  Krishna  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1    4 years ago

That's where Argan oil comes from. (Widely used in cosmetics). The goats climb those trees and eat the nuts that grow on them. There is a process to extract the oil which supposedly has health-giving properties. Pure Argan oil is relatively expensive (Often its diluted with cheaper oils such as Sunflower oil)

There is an easier way to extract the oil-- which turns some people off. They take the Goats droppings!

I had a friend who used Argan oil on her hair and skin and said the effects were amazing. Then she was told it came from Goat shit-- which grossed her out so she stopped using it!

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
8.1.2  sandy-2021492  replied to  Krishna @8.1.1    4 years ago

Reminds me of the fancy coffee in "The Bucket List".

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.2  Krishna  replied to  pat wilson @8    4 years ago

OMG-- that's one of Bahomet's relatives- in a truck!

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
9  Jeremy Retired in NC    4 years ago
calling for Christians to join in the statue removing surge and tear down statues to Baphomet. 

Don't quite understand why christians would want to tear down Baphomet statues.  It is, after all, a result of their religion.  It's depicting a creation of their god.  

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
9.1  Ozzwald  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @9    4 years ago
Don't quite understand why christians would want to tear down Baphomet statues.  It is, after all, a result of their religion.  It's depicting a creation of their god.

It's the same "christians" that cherry pick passages out of the bible, and ignore the rest.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
9.1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ozzwald @9.1    4 years ago

That's a lot of them.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
9.1.2  Ozzwald  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @9.1.1    4 years ago

That's a lot of them.

Indeed.

Krishna
Professor Expert
9.2  Krishna  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @9    4 years ago

Well its relatively rare-- but sometimes some followers of religion have some beliefs that are often...a tad irrational!

pat wilson
Professor Participates
9.2.1  pat wilson  replied to  Krishna @9.2    4 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
9.2.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Krishna @9.2    4 years ago

"some followers"?  There are far more than "some".

Krishna
Professor Expert
9.2.3  Krishna  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @9.2.2    4 years ago
"some followers"?  There are far more than "some".

For some strange reason..lately I keep forgetting to put in the /sarcasm tag!

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
9.2.4  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Krishna @9.2.3    4 years ago

I'm not being sarcastic.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
9.2.5  Sparty On  replied to  Krishna @9.2    4 years ago

Unlike many atheists, most religious folks are reasonable, live and let live kinda people.    

If they weren’t, there would be a shitload more dead atheists out there.

Krishna
Professor Expert
9.2.7  Krishna  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @9.2.4    4 years ago
I'm not being sarcastic.  

No one issaying that you were being sarcastic

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
9.3  Account Deleted  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @9    4 years ago

Yes - it's kind of awkward.   Satan went from being the #1 angel to being shown the door. Even then, at least until the Crucifixion, scripture says that he was able to petition God.

So Christian are in the same boat as Northerners and a statue of Lee. He was a soldier of the United States; then he was not.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
9.3.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Account Deleted @9.3    4 years ago
So Christian are in the same boat as Northerners and a statue of Lee. He was a soldier of the United States; then he was not.

Wait, what?  What kind of BS is that?

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
9.3.2  Account Deleted  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @9.3.1    4 years ago

32 Years in the US Army

then

4 Years for the Confederate States of America

He was a soldier of the United States; then he was not.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
9.3.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Account Deleted @9.3.2    4 years ago

I got that part.  I'm not a liberal.  The analogy comparing a fictional character from a bunch of novellas and a person who actually lived is the confusing part.

Krishna
Professor Expert
10  Krishna    4 years ago

In the Tarot, there's a card called "The Devil". In many decks the devil is depicted as part Goat: In the "Rider Deck" (considered by many to be the "standard" Tarot deck,) here's the Devil card:

I generally use The Morgan Greer deck when I do readings-- here's their rendition of "The Devil" card:

In a Tarot reading, both cards have the same meaning.

There are a lot of symbols in both decks. Both have the association between a Goat as The Devil. Also the inverted 5 pointed Star which I believe is associated with the Devil-- its certainly used a lot by Wiccans (practitioners of the Wiccan Religion, i.e. Witchcraft.

The energies evoked by the synbolism of the Man, the Woman, the loose chains, the black block etc is rich in meaning/