╌>

Republican / Conservative/ Trumpster Battle Cry For 2020

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  146 comments

Republican / Conservative/ Trumpster  Battle Cry For 2020
"THAT MAN (or woman) HARASSED ME FOR NOT WEARING A MASK" !!!!!

"THAT MAN (or woman) HARASSED ME FOR NOT WEARING A MASK" !!!!!

1e3165b95c0be56b625ce9e0b4b73a98

the woman yelled at employees and customers, saying that people were harassing her for not wearing a mask, including calling them "Democratic pigs" as she slammed her basket down.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/viral-video-shows-woman-berating-184800874.html

William F Buckley and Barry Goldwater were recently observed rolling in the graves. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    4 years ago

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

She has a breathing problem so she goes on a tirade. 

OK.............

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1    4 years ago

It's an excuse. I would think that someone with a breathing problem would start coughing in a few seconds after raising their voice that loudly. I can't scream at people without going into a coughing fit

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Ender  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.1    4 years ago

Breathing problem my ass.

Gotta laugh how they keep putting these people on the news.

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.3  Krishna  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1    4 years ago
She has a breathing problem

Or so she claims....

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.4  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1    4 years ago

I can see her point, she felt attacked for a legitimate reason for no mask.  She has since said she will get a shield.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.5  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Krishna @1.1.3    4 years ago

Let's be fair here, she very well may have a breathing problem.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.6  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1.5    4 years ago

Not buying it. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.7  Trout Giggles  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1.5    4 years ago

Yeah...like I stated upthread, I can't maintain a hissy fit like that for more than 10 seconds without going into a coughing fit. And my only breathing problem is I smoke too much. I would think someone with COPD or asthma couldn't maintain that kind of screaming mimi hysterics without coughing

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1.1.8  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1.5    4 years ago
Let's be fair here, she very well may have a breathing problem.

She's going to have a much bigger breathing problem when Covid-19 pays her a visit.  

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.1.9  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.1.8    4 years ago

Trump has a breathing problem as well, he still is. Resulting in our enemies profitting off of his blatant ignorance and self centered universe that revolves around, only him. Just read an excellent comment from a troop commander at some level, who stated if he didn't read the briefing, the one that warned of the ambush of his company, and due to he being too fckn lazy to be informed, resulting in the DEATH of some of his squad members, he would be in jail for treasonous dereliction of duty, and he wanted to know HOW the Republican pussies can't/won't vall out our traitor in Chief, Trade warrior quiff, Corona viral spreader of dat and dis belief, is still NEVER held accountable for ALL THE LIES ! Our leading in Corona while banned from Europe, taking Putins words over our own intelligence agencies in HellSinky, nonn stop blatant kissing of Putins' as a whole lot of Der a licktion of his duty, all while the US is downward spiraling as the rest of the civilized world is doing just fine with the worst left behind like Trump obviously was. 

Damn every fckn one of these pussy Repubs ! Where the Hell is their patriotism ?

Our Service men and women deserve ALL of our support, and a LEADER, who has THEIR BEST INTERESTS, not Putins' ! WTF REPUBS     grow a damn pear

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.2  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

So you know she is conservative how again?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.2.1  Split Personality  replied to  Sparty On @1.2    4 years ago

Do you think that calling people "Democratic pigs" is sort of an indication of her political ideology?

I can't help but think that 'democratic pigs' isn't the first insult on most liberals lips.

Just saying...

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.2.2  Sparty On  replied to  Split Personality @1.2.1    4 years ago

Nope, you've fallen under the lefts preferred translation of "Democratic" to somehow mean "Democrat" when nothing could be further from the truth.   She's simply ranting like a crazy person.  

Just spitballing here but it reminds me more of the sky screamers or ranting safe space seeking progressives than anything else.   Regardless, one can't really tell from this video without bias but you got lots of votes which is telling of those folks bias.   Well, not really that telling consider who's votes they are.   It's more of SOSDD kinda thing.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sparty On @1.2.2    4 years ago

Good Lord! You're spinning so fast you're in danger of opening up a black hole!

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2  lady in black    4 years ago

Here's another selfish idiot, she actually has a mask in her hand 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  lady in black @2    4 years ago

Why do people have to act like this?

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  lady in black  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1    4 years ago

It's all about them...selfish me, me attitude.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.2  Krishna  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1    4 years ago

Why do people have to act like this?

Mental illness. 

its more common than people think...heck, even some elected officials have it (but I won't mention any names jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

Gordy327
Professor Expert
2.1.3  Gordy327  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1    4 years ago

Because people are [insert expletive here], plain and simple.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  lady in black @2.1.1    4 years ago
"It's all about them...selfish me, me attitude."

One of the main reasons why the infection and death numbers in the USA are astronomical.  The primary reason is Trump.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
2.1.5  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Gordy327 @2.1.3    4 years ago

[deleted]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.6  XXJefferson51  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.4    4 years ago

[Deleted]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.7  XXJefferson51  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.4    4 years ago

The primary reason is China the source of the Wuhan flu and the communist party of China cover up.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.8  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.7    4 years ago

No, the primary reason is to deflect the blame for the astronomical infection and death numbers in America to elsewhere in order to shift the blame AWAY from where it is most deserved, i.e. away from Trump's incompetent handling of the pandemic in a vain attempt to get him reelected.  See your O'Donnell Republican playbook for the reelection of your demi-god which gives you your instructions.

Ender
Professor Principal
2.2  Ender  replied to  lady in black @2    4 years ago

Omg people are morons.

Why does this seem to be happening more and more lately...

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.2.1  Krishna  replied to  Ender @2.2    4 years ago
Why does this seem to be happening more and more lately...

Well...our president does lead by example!

(Still refuses to wear a mask...)

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.2.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Krishna @2.2.1    4 years ago
Well...our president does lead by example!

Exactly.  Look at how childish he makes the left act.  And all he had to do was win an election.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.3  Sparty On  replied to  lady in black @2    4 years ago

So you know she is conservative how again?

Ender
Professor Principal
2.3.1  Ender  replied to  Sparty On @2.3    4 years ago

I think calling people 'Democratic pigs' is a clue...

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.3.2  Split Personality  replied to  Sparty On @2.3    4 years ago

LIB said she was "another selfish idiot", nothing political.

Are you projecting again?

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2.3.3  lady in black  replied to  Sparty On @2.3    4 years ago

Show me where I said anything about a political party....I didn't.....

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.3.4  Sparty On  replied to  Split Personality @2.3.2    4 years ago

I don't project, are you?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.3.5  Sparty On  replied to  lady in black @2.3.3    4 years ago

With your normal posting, it is inferred, but by all means.   Tell us what you think if i'm wrong.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.3.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sparty On @2.3.5    4 years ago

You're wrong

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2.3.7  lady in black  replied to  Sparty On @2.3.5    4 years ago

You know what it means to assume don't you.  You are so wrong...if I wanted to infer she was a republican, I would have done so.  Major fail on your part

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.3.8  Trout Giggles  replied to  lady in black @2.3.7    4 years ago

I'm beginning to wonder if Sparty bothered to watch both videos. He acts like they are the same

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.3.9  Sparty On  replied to  lady in black @2.3.7    4 years ago

Lol ... it means i called it right and you won't admit it.   Nothing new there.   Just more bullshit coming from the left.

SOSDD

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.3.10  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sparty On @2.3.9    4 years ago

No...you didn't.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2.3.11  lady in black  replied to  Sparty On @2.3.9    4 years ago

Nope, you are still wrong

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.3.12  Sparty On  replied to  lady in black @2.3.11    4 years ago

Very doubtful in this case.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.3.13  Sparty On  replied to  lady in black @2.3.11    4 years ago

Very doubtful in this case.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2.3.14  lady in black  replied to  Sparty On @2.3.12    4 years ago

You are wrong...just accept it and move on already.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.3.15  Sparty On  replied to  lady in black @2.3.14    4 years ago

Nope, still not wrong, so just admit your original intention.    The truth will set you free .....

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2.3.16  lady in black  replied to  Sparty On @2.3.15    4 years ago

Incorrect once again.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.3.17  Krishna  replied to  Sparty On @2.3.5    4 years ago

Well since you asked-- yes, you are wrong!

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.3.18  TᵢG  replied to  Sparty On @2.3.9    4 years ago
SOSDD

Yeah, trolling.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.3.19  Sparty On  replied to  Krishna @2.3.17    4 years ago

Nah, I’m still spot on like usual.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.3.20  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sparty On @2.3.19    4 years ago

Ever thought of changing your name to Spotty On?   LOL.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.4  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  lady in black @2    4 years ago

[deleted]

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.4.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.4    4 years ago

I don't remember what I typed, but no way would I ever taunt LIB, but if I did, I do apologize. She rocks.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.4.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.4.1    4 years ago

All you need to do, Paula, is click on the word "Tickets" on you drop down menu, and then click on the word "Comment" on the right hand side of the one you posted (2.4) and you will see what your comment was. 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
3  Mark in Wyoming     4 years ago

I don't have to worry about that here , there is no mandatory mask order in place . on the couple occasions I had a "Karen" approach me outside for not wearing a mask, I simply told them they were very observant , and that I also wasn't wearing any underwear, at which point I would close one eye , cock my head an.d lean a little to lift a hip and let rip with something special.

Usually they stormed away muttering "Savage" under their breath , what they had left anyways...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @3    4 years ago

I'm giving you one of those skeptical looks right now. You don't come across that way on NT

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
3.1.1  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1    4 years ago

well you know how some people can belch on command? well I am perpetually flatulent , or so the ex wife claimed and depending on what I eat ( stay very far away after a corned beef and cabbage meal) it could peel paint , luckily I live alone and out in the country so it sometime just smells like "fresh country air." and I do love my chili as well , but it doesn't love me. grandkids know not to pull grandpas finger.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @3.1.1    4 years ago

I'm over here rolling with laughter

I just have a hard time believing you farted in front of that lady. You seem like a nice man.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
3.1.4  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1.2    4 years ago

I was raised by my mom to be a gentleman , but I have very little tolerance for people whom think they are entitled to butt their noses into things that actually do not concern them and have found I can take great pleasure in subtly telling them to "go away" without having to actually say it in words.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @3.1.4    4 years ago

Salute!

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
3.1.7  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  XDm9mm @3.1.5    4 years ago

Should see how it works in enforcing 6 ft social distancing in crowds...

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
3.1.9  Mark in Wyoming   replied to    4 years ago

As I stated , the times I was approached was outside in the open air and not near a soul , they actually approached me , not the other way around , they got what they deserved for being themselves .

I live in a small town , actually outside town and only travel in when the need arises , like grocery shopping , and when I do that , I can pretty much time it to there being little to no people inside , how do I do that? I check the parking lot for how many cars are present., over a certain amount I will don a mask inside , under I simply have it in my pocket., If I am inside without a mask and I see someone with one on , I give them a greater than 6 foot bearth out of curtesy because  it is obviously something on their minds.

I do not feel that if I am alone outside , or in my own vehicle I need to wear a mask, and I make my own judgement on the risks I face when in public .

If  someone chooses to wear a mask that is their prerogative , I choose to make my own evaluation of the risks I face  and choose for my self  if or when I will wear a mask for my own reasons . with the allergies I do have that seem now days to be year round , sneezing in a mask because of those feels like my face just crapped itself with a bad case of the runs .Spring and summer are my 2 worst allergy seasons , spring because of snow mold and new plants pollinating , and summer because of tree pollen and its also hay cutting time when it gets high enough.

Right now where I physically live , within a 10 city block radius 9 of the 20 total deaths  from the virus in the state has occurred , looking at who it has taken , I do not fall in with any of the preconditions that they suffered, and even though I live in a very high risk area , I do not socialize with my neighbors ( I keep to myself) I am actually lower risk because I share none of their preconditions .

And since there is no mandatory mask order or stay at home order , I will choose for myself if and when I need to don a mask.

Ender
Professor Principal
3.1.11  Ender  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @3.1.9    4 years ago

I would think a mask would help with allergies.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
3.1.12  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Ender @3.1.11    4 years ago

It doesn't , due to the different pollen sizes, grass pollen right now is bad because no one is mowing their lawns ( except for me and a couple others I know ) and they are letting them go to seed, I do that as well a couple times during the summer to thicken up the lawn, weed pollen is actually bad this year and anyplace it can take root , it does , my garden is proof of that

about the only way a mask would help is if it had a biologic filter carterage that could be changed , like one I wore when working a stone crusher that helped prevent silicosis.( miners Lung). and like I said , get an allergy sneeze or series of sneezes , and it feels like your face has diarehha and you have to remove it to wash your face if you have a mask on , of course sneeze anyway and people immediately think its the Rona.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3.1.13  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @3.1.12    4 years ago
of course sneeze anyway and people immediately think its the Rona.

just tell em' your allergic to masks, they give you the runz and you nose, and if they don't B leave U, just lift a cheek and bark out a well oiled squeak, n F that                       don't work, tell em' yer name is Diggler Dirk,      at least that's what i'd do, cause i'm off, like some Jerk.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
3.1.14  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  igknorantzrulz @3.1.13    4 years ago

Ahhh, a fellow ass clapper, always good to meet another happy person ….

Hot summer day , shorts and a flat wooden chair …. potential shown

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1.15  Krishna  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @3.1.4    4 years ago
I have very little tolerance for people whom think they are entitled to butt their noses into things that actually do not concern them

Of course "many people" would say that refusing to wear a mask in these times of rapidly spiking cases of the virus concerns them. Because if you are an asymptomic carrier, by not wearing a mask you might just possibly infect them.

But heck-- "many people" have been known to be wrong in the past . . .

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  author  JohnRussell    4 years ago

Kavika
Professor Principal
6  Kavika     4 years ago

If the state, county, city or store has a requirement that masks are to be worn, wear the frickin' mask or STFU.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
7  Gsquared    4 years ago

This happened in North Hollywood, CALIFORNIA.  I guess it gives the lie to all the reactionary propaganda about California being full of nothing but crazy "liberals".

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
7.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Gsquared @7    4 years ago

You don't think that incidents like this aren't happening in other states besides mine (CA)?

Gsquared
Professor Principal
7.2.1  Gsquared  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @7.2    4 years ago

I would imagine they are.  Almost every one in my part of L.A. has been very good about wearing masks in pubic with few exceptions.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.2.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  Gsquared @7.2.1    4 years ago

Up here some wear them more don’t.  All shops have signs relatively few force one to put one on or leave because too many would leave and shop at the competition.  Of course if I’m in an indoor crowded area in the pharmacy at Walgreens or the checkout line at Walmart I’ll put on the one I carry with me.  If I have to be in a place that requires one I make a point of removing it in their sight on my way out the door.  

Krishna
Professor Expert
7.3  Krishna  replied to  Gsquared @7    4 years ago
I guess it gives the lie to all the reactionary propaganda about California being full of nothing but crazy "liberals".

One word: Orange County"!!!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.3.1  Texan1211  replied to  Krishna @7.3    4 years ago

one word? lmfao!

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.3.3  TᵢG  replied to  Freewill @7.3.2    4 years ago

I love the independent thinkers.    jrSmiley_100_smiley_image.jpg

Sparty On
Professor Principal
8  Sparty On    4 years ago

[Deleted]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
8.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sparty On @8    4 years ago

Happy Independence Day!  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
8.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  XXJefferson51 @8.1    4 years ago

Happy 4th of July fellow American!!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
8.1.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sparty On @8.1.1    4 years ago

Here’s an Independence Day tribute all patriotic Americans will enjoy! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Kscat3M6zEs

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
8.1.3  XXJefferson51  replied to  XXJefferson51 @8.1.2    4 years ago

The true battle plan for 2020!  🇺🇸🗽🦅

Freewill
Junior Quiet
9  Freewill    4 years ago

One thing that does get overlooked in these discussions is that masks alone will not protect the wearer from the virus, nor does the mask protect others from a pre-symptomatic or symptomatic wearer depending on the type of mask and distance between people.  THIS article from Livescience gives a pretty fair breakdown of the research thus far and concludes:

One thing everyone does agree on is that, whatever containment provided by non-fitted masks do provide, homemade fabric masks are the least effective. The recommendations that everyone wear masks are because "any kind of impediment is better than nothing," Chu said. But fabric masks are not expected to be as protective as surgical masks, she said. That's why public health officials are warning people to remain at least 6 feet apart from one another, even if they are wearing masks. In other words, homemade masks are likely to be just a small piece of the puzzle for controlling the COVID-19 pandemic.
"There's been enough research done to be able to confidently say that masks wouldn't be able to stop the spread of infection, that they would only have a small effect on transmission," Cowling said. "We shouldn't be relying on masks to help us go back to normal."

It stands to reason that any of the commonly worn masks or face covering will have pores many many times larger than the SARS-CoV-2 virus and even some of the aerosol droplets that carry the virus from the nose or mouth of the wearer out to his/her surroundings.  The best we can hope for is that they slow the rate and distance of travel of these particles to a degree.  The point being that without the distancing and the frequent hand-washing the masks alone are not the answer to controlling the spread of this or other diseases.

That being said, no reason not to be courteous to others who are either wearing, or not wearing, a mask.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
9.1  Gordy327  replied to  Freewill @9    4 years ago
One thing that does get overlooked in these discussions is that masks alone will not protect the wearer from the virus, nor does the mask protect others from a pre-symptomatic or symptomatic wearer depending on the type of mask and distance between people. 

Masks are meant to protect others from the wearer. Masks do not stop 100% of the aerosol effect of someone coughing or sneezing, but it can reduce the amount and distance it can spread, thereby reducing the potential viral load and risk of infection. Of course, maintaining social distance helps reduce the risk even further. Basically, wearing masks in public is both relatively effective and a good idea. 

Freewill
Junior Quiet
9.1.1  Freewill  replied to  Gordy327 @9.1    4 years ago
Masks are meant to protect others from the wearer.

Yeah that's what I said in multiple parts of my comment.

Of course, maintaining social distance helps reduce the risk even further. Basically, wearing masks in public is both relatively effective and a good idea.

Actually, as indicated in the article I referenced, depending on the type of mask, the mask itself is only a small piece of the puzzle in controlling the spread of the virus.  The distancing and other measures are the more effective part.  That was my point, from a scientific perspective.  Logically and scientifically speaking, using a mask or bandanna alone in large crowds shoulder to shoulder yelling and shouting and touching ones face and other people is not going to be effective.  Whereas maintaining a good distance from others, not touching one's face and regular hand-washing, with or without a mask, likely will be effective in preventing the spread of Covid-19.  Having said that, in the latter case the mask may reduce the risk a bit more, but it is not the primary factor in prevention.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
9.1.2  Gordy327  replied to  Freewill @9.1.1    4 years ago
Yeah that's what I said in multiple parts of my comment.

Glad we are in agreement.

Actually, as indicated in the article I referenced, depending on the type of mask, the mask itself is only a small piece of the puzzle in controlling the spread of the virus. 

I'm not sure about how small. But it's certainly a crucial part.

The distancing and other measures are the more effective part.  That was my point, from a scientific perspective.

All measures used in tandem will produce the most effective prevention method.

Logically and scientifically speaking, using a mask or bandanna alone in large crowds shoulder to shoulder yelling and shouting and touching ones face and other people is not going to be effective.  

It's still better than nothing at all, especially if someone is expelling large droplets. But the risk of infection is certainly still higher when one is in close quarters.

Having said that, in the latter case the mask may reduce the risk a bit more, but it is not the primary factor in prevention.

Every little bit helps.

Freewill
Junior Quiet
9.1.3  Freewill  replied to  Gordy327 @9.1.2    4 years ago
Every little bit helps

Agreed.  Including not encouraging large gatherings with or without face covering where it is known that distancing and other measures will not be employed. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
9.1.4  TᵢG  replied to  Freewill @9.1.1    4 years ago
  The distancing and other measures are the more effective part. 

Agreed.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
9.1.5  Gordy327  replied to  Freewill @9.1.3    4 years ago
Including not encouraging large gatherings with or without face covering where it is known that distancing and other measures will not be employed. 

Also agreed.

Krishna
Professor Expert
9.2  Krishna  replied to  Freewill @9    4 years ago
One thing that does get overlooked in these discussions is that masks alone will not protect the wearer from the virus,

Neither will social distancing, nor hand washing, not will  any vaccine or other current medicine. (Nor, for that matter, will praying to a god or gods-- be they an officially recognized god or some pagan diety),

But while none of these in and of themselves will protect anyone 100%-- they greatly decrease the odds of getting the virus-- or spreading it!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  Krishna @9.2    4 years ago

I was wondering who would vote you up for that.

figured it would be yourself

JBB
Professor Principal
9.2.2  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @9.2.1    4 years ago

Actually it was an entirely reasonable comment. Condoms are not 100% effective against HIV but if an infected person fails to use one it is considered criminal negligence. The same should go for Covid suffers who carelessly infect people because they refuse to take all reccomend precautions...

Also, must you always be so unpleasant?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.3  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @9.2.2    4 years ago

no one is forcing you to read 

my comments, are they?

Freewill
Junior Quiet
9.2.4  Freewill  replied to  JBB @9.2.2    4 years ago
Actually it was an entirely reasonable comment

Other than the fact that it was a response to only a part of my initial comment, without the remaining context, I agree.

Condoms are not 100% effective against HIV but if an infected person fails to use one it is considered criminal negligence.

Only if they know they have HIV.  The vast majority of those who pass it to others do not know they have it.

The same should go for Covid suffers who carelessly infect people because they refuse to take all reccomend precautions.

If they know they have Covid, then yes by all means.  But now we know that even non-symptomatic people can spread the disease.  So like HIV most who spread Covid do not know they have it, so there would be no criminal negligence.

In both cases, those who know they are engaging in activities where they might contract or spread the disease, I agree that they should exercise the appropriate precautions for their own safety and the safety of others around them. In the case of Covid, that includes especially those engaging in large protests, riots, or other large  gatherings with or without face coverings when they know that lack of social distancing, expelling vapors by shouting or yelling in close proximity to others, lack of hand washing and touching one's face and others around them, and lack of other recommended measures are going to be the case.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
9.2.5  Sparty On  replied to  JBB @9.2.2    4 years ago
Condoms are not 100% effective against HIV but if an infected person fails to use one it is considered criminal negligence. The same should go for Covid suffers who carelessly infect people because they refuse to take all reccomend precautions...

One wonders if you really believe that’s the same thing or if you are simply being intentionally disingenuous.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
9.2.6  TᵢG  replied to  Krishna @9.2    4 years ago
But while none of these in and of themselves will protect anyone 100%-- they greatly decrease the odds of getting the virus-- or spreading it!

Although some cry foul and raise conspiracy theories, sans a vaccine and effective treatment the smart societal move is for people to stay clear of others because it is not possible to know who is infected (and you might be infected too and not know it).   That is why social distancing is so important (and why stay-at-home directives were issued).   Social distancing mitigates the spread of the virus under normal circumstances (breathing, talking).   It does not, however, work as well for people shouting, crying, sneezing or coughing.  

A mask, if properly constructed, can trap many of the viral particles from an infected person.   Some masks are so porous as to be useless but many will indeed mitigate the spread.   Masks offer relatively little protection against getting infected, so wearing a mask is to protect others from you more than the other way around.

At this point one would expect that everyone understands these very basic precautions and why, but it is clear that many do not.   I have to shake my head when I see drivers (alone in their vehicles) wearing a mask (one extreme) or people interacting in close proximity with no precautions (the other extreme).

JBB
Professor Principal
9.2.7  JBB  replied to  Freewill @9.2.4    4 years ago

Did I say anything to you? I wouldn't bother!

Freewill
Junior Quiet
9.2.8  Freewill  replied to  JBB @9.2.7    4 years ago
I didn't say a damn thing to you. I don't bother...

WTF?!!!  You were talking about a response to a comment I made and I was agreeing with your assessment of it for the most part, along with what I felt was reasonable related commentary.  What is your problem?  I can't even agree with you or discuss my comments with you now?   And you have the nerve to call other people unpleasant? Really?!!