Republican / Conservative/ Trumpster Battle Cry For 2020

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  john-russell  •  one month ago  •  146 comments

Republican / Conservative/ Trumpster  Battle Cry For 2020
"THAT MAN (or woman) HARASSED ME FOR NOT WEARING A MASK" !!!!!

"THAT MAN (or woman) HARASSED ME FOR NOT WEARING A MASK" !!!!!

1e3165b95c0be56b625ce9e0b4b73a98

the woman yelled at employees and customers, saying that people were harassing her for not wearing a mask, including calling them "Democratic pigs" as she slammed her basket down.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/viral-video-shows-woman-berating-184800874.html

William F Buckley and Barry Goldwater were recently observed rolling in the graves. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
smarty_function_ntUser_is_admin: user_id parameter required
[]

JohnRussell
1  author  JohnRussell    one month ago

JohnRussell
1.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @1    one month ago

She has a breathing problem so she goes on a tirade. 

OK.............

Trout Giggles
1.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1    one month ago

It's an excuse. I would think that someone with a breathing problem would start coughing in a few seconds after raising their voice that loudly. I can't scream at people without going into a coughing fit

Ender
1.1.2  Ender  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.1    one month ago

Breathing problem my ass.

Gotta laugh how they keep putting these people on the news.

Krishna
1.1.3  Krishna  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1    one month ago
She has a breathing problem

Or so she claims....

Paula Bartholomew
1.1.4  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1    one month ago

I can see her point, she felt attacked for a legitimate reason for no mask.  She has since said she will get a shield.

Paula Bartholomew
1.1.5  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Krishna @1.1.3    one month ago

Let's be fair here, she very well may have a breathing problem.

JohnRussell
1.1.6  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1.5    one month ago

Not buying it. 

Trout Giggles
1.1.7  Trout Giggles  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1.5    one month ago

Yeah...like I stated upthread, I can't maintain a hissy fit like that for more than 10 seconds without going into a coughing fit. And my only breathing problem is I smoke too much. I would think someone with COPD or asthma couldn't maintain that kind of screaming mimi hysterics without coughing

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
1.1.8  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1.5    one month ago
Let's be fair here, she very well may have a breathing problem.

She's going to have a much bigger breathing problem when Covid-19 pays her a visit.  

igknorantzrulz
1.1.9  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.1.8    one month ago

Trump has a breathing problem as well, he still is. Resulting in our enemies profitting off of his blatant ignorance and self centered universe that revolves around, only him. Just read an excellent comment from a troop commander at some level, who stated if he didn't read the briefing, the one that warned of the ambush of his company, and due to he being too fckn lazy to be informed, resulting in the DEATH of some of his squad members, he would be in jail for treasonous dereliction of duty, and he wanted to know HOW the Republican pussies can't/won't vall out our traitor in Chief, Trade warrior quiff, Corona viral spreader of dat and dis belief, is still NEVER held accountable for ALL THE LIES ! Our leading in Corona while banned from Europe, taking Putins words over our own intelligence agencies in HellSinky, nonn stop blatant kissing of Putins' as a whole lot of Der a licktion of his duty, all while the US is downward spiraling as the rest of the civilized world is doing just fine with the worst left behind like Trump obviously was. 

Damn every fckn one of these pussy Repubs ! Where the Hell is their patriotism ?

Our Service men and women deserve ALL of our support, and a LEADER, who has THEIR BEST INTERESTS, not Putins' ! WTF REPUBS     grow a damn pear

Sparty On
1.2  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @1    one month ago

So you know she is conservative how again?

Split Personality
1.2.1  Split Personality  replied to  Sparty On @1.2    one month ago

Do you think that calling people "Democratic pigs" is sort of an indication of her political ideology?

I can't help but think that 'democratic pigs' isn't the first insult on most liberals lips.

Just saying...

Sparty On
1.2.2  Sparty On  replied to  Split Personality @1.2.1    one month ago

Nope, you've fallen under the lefts preferred translation of "Democratic" to somehow mean "Democrat" when nothing could be further from the truth.   She's simply ranting like a crazy person.  

Just spitballing here but it reminds me more of the sky screamers or ranting safe space seeking progressives than anything else.   Regardless, one can't really tell from this video without bias but you got lots of votes which is telling of those folks bias.   Well, not really that telling consider who's votes they are.   It's more of SOSDD kinda thing.

Trout Giggles
1.2.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sparty On @1.2.2    one month ago

Good Lord! You're spinning so fast you're in danger of opening up a black hole!

lady in black
2  lady in black    one month ago

Here's another selfish idiot, she actually has a mask in her hand 

Trout Giggles
2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  lady in black @2    one month ago

Why do people have to act like this?

lady in black
2.1.1  lady in black  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1    one month ago

It's all about them...selfish me, me attitude.

Krishna
2.1.2  Krishna  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1    one month ago

Why do people have to act like this?

Mental illness. 

its more common than people think...heck, even some elected officials have it (but I won't mention any names jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

Gordy327
2.1.3  Gordy327  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1    one month ago

Because people are [insert expletive here], plain and simple.

Buzz of the Orient
2.1.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  lady in black @2.1.1    one month ago
"It's all about them...selfish me, me attitude."

One of the main reasons why the infection and death numbers in the USA are astronomical.  The primary reason is Trump.

igknorantzrulz
2.1.5  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Gordy327 @2.1.3    one month ago

[deleted]

MAGA
2.1.6  MAGA  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.4    one month ago

[ Deleted ]

MAGA
2.1.7  MAGA  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.4    one month ago

The primary reason is China the source of the Wuhan flu and the communist party of China cover up.

Buzz of the Orient
2.1.8  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  MAGA @2.1.7    one month ago

No, the primary reason is to deflect the blame for the astronomical infection and death numbers in America to elsewhere in order to shift the blame AWAY from where it is most deserved, i.e. away from Trump's incompetent handling of the pandemic in a vain attempt to get him reelected.  See your O'Donnell Republican playbook for the reelection of your demi-god which gives you your instructions.

Ender
2.2  Ender  replied to  lady in black @2    one month ago

Omg people are morons.

Why does this seem to be happening more and more lately...

Krishna
2.2.1  Krishna  replied to  Ender @2.2    one month ago
Why does this seem to be happening more and more lately...

Well...our president does lead by example!

(Still refuses to wear a mask...)

Jeremy Retired in NC
2.2.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Krishna @2.2.1    one month ago
Well...our president does lead by example!

Exactly.  Look at how childish he makes the left act.  And all he had to do was win an election.

Sparty On
2.3  Sparty On  replied to  lady in black @2    one month ago

So you know she is conservative how again?

Ender
2.3.1  Ender  replied to  Sparty On @2.3    one month ago

I think calling people 'Democratic pigs' is a clue...

Split Personality
2.3.2  Split Personality  replied to  Sparty On @2.3    one month ago

LIB said she was "another selfish idiot", nothing political.

Are you projecting again?

lady in black
2.3.3  lady in black  replied to  Sparty On @2.3    one month ago

Show me where I said anything about a political party....I didn't.....

Sparty On
2.3.4  Sparty On  replied to  Split Personality @2.3.2    one month ago

I don't project, are you?

Sparty On
2.3.5  Sparty On  replied to  lady in black @2.3.3    one month ago

With your normal posting, it is inferred, but by all means.   Tell us what you think if i'm wrong.

Trout Giggles
2.3.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sparty On @2.3.5    one month ago

You're wrong

lady in black
2.3.7  lady in black  replied to  Sparty On @2.3.5    one month ago

You know what it means to assume don't you.  You are so wrong...if I wanted to infer she was a republican, I would have done so.  Major fail on your part

Trout Giggles
2.3.8  Trout Giggles  replied to  lady in black @2.3.7    one month ago

I'm beginning to wonder if Sparty bothered to watch both videos. He acts like they are the same

Sparty On
2.3.9  Sparty On  replied to  lady in black @2.3.7    one month ago

Lol ... it means i called it right and you won't admit it.   Nothing new there.   Just more bullshit coming from the left.

SOSDD

Trout Giggles
2.3.10  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sparty On @2.3.9    one month ago

No...you didn't.

lady in black
2.3.11  lady in black  replied to  Sparty On @2.3.9    one month ago

Nope, you are still wrong

Sparty On
2.3.12  Sparty On  replied to  lady in black @2.3.11    one month ago

Very doubtful in this case.

Sparty On
2.3.13  Sparty On  replied to  lady in black @2.3.11    one month ago

Very doubtful in this case.

lady in black
2.3.14  lady in black  replied to  Sparty On @2.3.12    one month ago

You are wrong...just accept it and move on already.  

Sparty On
2.3.15  Sparty On  replied to  lady in black @2.3.14    one month ago

Nope, still not wrong, so just admit your original intention.    The truth will set you free .....

lady in black
2.3.16  lady in black  replied to  Sparty On @2.3.15    one month ago

Incorrect once again.

Krishna
2.3.17  Krishna  replied to  Sparty On @2.3.5    one month ago

Well since you asked-- yes, you are wrong!

TᵢG
2.3.18  TᵢG  replied to  Sparty On @2.3.9    one month ago
SOSDD

Yeah, trolling.

Sparty On
2.3.19  Sparty On  replied to  Krishna @2.3.17    one month ago

Nah, I’m still spot on like usual.

Buzz of the Orient
2.3.20  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sparty On @2.3.19    one month ago

Ever thought of changing your name to Spotty On?   LOL.

Paula Bartholomew
2.4  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  lady in black @2    one month ago

[deleted]

Paula Bartholomew
2.4.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.4    2 weeks ago

I don't remember what I typed, but no way would I ever taunt LIB, but if I did, I do apologize. She rocks.

Buzz of the Orient
2.4.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.4.1    2 weeks ago

All you need to do, Paula, is click on the word "Tickets" on you drop down menu, and then click on the word "Comment" on the right hand side of the one you posted (2.4) and you will see what your comment was. 

Mark in Wyoming
3  Mark in Wyoming    one month ago

I don't have to worry about that here , there is no mandatory mask order in place . on the couple occasions I had a "Karen" approach me outside for not wearing a mask, I simply told them they were very observant , and that I also wasn't wearing any underwear, at which point I would close one eye , cock my head an.d lean a little to lift a hip and let rip with something special.

Usually they stormed away muttering "Savage" under their breath , what they had left anyways...

Trout Giggles
3.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @3    one month ago

I'm giving you one of those skeptical looks right now. You don't come across that way on NT

Mark in Wyoming
3.1.1  Mark in Wyoming  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1    one month ago

well you know how some people can belch on command? well I am perpetually flatulent , or so the ex wife claimed and depending on what I eat ( stay very far away after a corned beef and cabbage meal) it could peel paint , luckily I live alone and out in the country so it sometime just smells like "fresh country air." and I do love my chili as well , but it doesn't love me. grandkids know not to pull grandpas finger.

Trout Giggles
3.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @3.1.1    one month ago

I'm over here rolling with laughter

I just have a hard time believing you farted in front of that lady. You seem like a nice man.

XDm9mm
3.1.3  XDm9mm  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1.2    one month ago
I'm over here rolling with laughter I just have a hard time believing you farted in front of that lady. You seem like a nice man.

In the defense of Mark, we're not called "old farts" for nothing!!   We're exceptional at multitasking like that.

Mark in Wyoming
3.1.4  Mark in Wyoming  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1.2    one month ago

I was raised by my mom to be a gentleman , but I have very little tolerance for people whom think they are entitled to butt their noses into things that actually do not concern them and have found I can take great pleasure in subtly telling them to "go away" without having to actually say it in words.

XDm9mm
3.1.5  XDm9mm  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @3.1.4    one month ago
subtly telling them to "go away" without having to actually say it in words.

That's what they get when they invade YOUR personal space!!

Trout Giggles
3.1.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @3.1.4    one month ago

Salute!

Mark in Wyoming
3.1.7  Mark in Wyoming  replied to  XDm9mm @3.1.5    one month ago

Should see how it works in enforcing 6 ft social distancing in crowds...

r.t..b...
3.1.8  r.t..b...  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @3.1.4    one month ago
I was raised by my mom to be a gentleman , but I have very little tolerance for people whom think they are entitled to butt their noses into things that actually do not concern them

And a gentleman you are.

And I pose this question from a son who was raised in the same manner...when does the individual right we are guaranteed become more important than the overall benefit to our society? I'd like to think that we are given these rights with the understanding that they are granted to co-exist within a system that also strives for the safety and benefit of our community...be it local, state or federal.

The inconvenience of donning a mask seems an odd 'line-in-the-sand' battleground given the incontrovertible data of the daily surge of those infected and the 125,000+ families laying loved ones to rest...many without the opportunity to properly memorialize them in some areas that still follow restricting crowd size...all while other jurisdictions tacitly condone open bars, protests and political rallies for political expediency.

This disconnect is confounding to me...I welcome your comment should you feel compelled as I have always respected your sanity in these less than sane times.

Mark in Wyoming
3.1.9  Mark in Wyoming  replied to  r.t..b... @3.1.8    one month ago

As I stated , the times I was approached was outside in the open air and not near a soul , they actually approached me , not the other way around , they got what they deserved for being themselves .

I live in a small town , actually outside town and only travel in when the need arises , like grocery shopping , and when I do that , I can pretty much time it to there being little to no people inside , how do I do that? I check the parking lot for how many cars are present., over a certain amount I will don a mask inside , under I simply have it in my pocket., If I am inside without a mask and I see someone with one on , I give them a greater than 6 foot bearth out of curtesy because  it is obviously something on their minds.

I do not feel that if I am alone outside , or in my own vehicle I need to wear a mask, and I make my own judgement on the risks I face when in public .

If  someone chooses to wear a mask that is their prerogative , I choose to make my own evaluation of the risks I face  and choose for my self  if or when I will wear a mask for my own reasons . with the allergies I do have that seem now days to be year round , sneezing in a mask because of those feels like my face just crapped itself with a bad case of the runs .Spring and summer are my 2 worst allergy seasons , spring because of snow mold and new plants pollinating , and summer because of tree pollen and its also hay cutting time when it gets high enough.

Right now where I physically live , within a 10 city block radius 9 of the 20 total deaths  from the virus in the state has occurred , looking at who it has taken , I do not fall in with any of the preconditions that they suffered, and even though I live in a very high risk area , I do not socialize with my neighbors ( I keep to myself) I am actually lower risk because I share none of their preconditions .

And since there is no mandatory mask order or stay at home order , I will choose for myself if and when I need to don a mask.

r.t..b...
3.1.10  r.t..b...  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @3.1.9    one month ago
And since there is no mandatory mask order or stay at home order , I will choose for myself if and when I need to don a mask.

Fair enough, sir...thanks for your input hereabouts, it is always welcome.

Be well and be safe.

Ender
3.1.11  Ender  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @3.1.9    one month ago

I would think a mask would help with allergies.

Mark in Wyoming
3.1.12  Mark in Wyoming  replied to  Ender @3.1.11    one month ago

It doesn't , due to the different pollen sizes, grass pollen right now is bad because no one is mowing their lawns ( except for me and a couple others I know ) and they are letting them go to seed, I do that as well a couple times during the summer to thicken up the lawn, weed pollen is actually bad this year and anyplace it can take root , it does , my garden is proof of that

about the only way a mask would help is if it had a biologic filter carterage that could be changed , like one I wore when working a stone crusher that helped prevent silicosis.( miners Lung). and like I said , get an allergy sneeze or series of sneezes , and it feels like your face has diarehha and you have to remove it to wash your face if you have a mask on , of course sneeze anyway and people immediately think its the Rona.

igknorantzrulz
3.1.13  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @3.1.12    one month ago
of course sneeze anyway and people immediately think its the Rona.

just tell em' your allergic to masks, they give you the runz and you nose, and if they don't B leave U, just lift a cheek and bark out a well oiled squeak, n F that                       don't work, tell em' yer name is Diggler Dirk,      at least that's what i'd do, cause i'm off, like some Jerk.

Mark in Wyoming
3.1.14  Mark in Wyoming  replied to  igknorantzrulz @3.1.13    one month ago

Ahhh, a fellow ass clapper, always good to meet another happy person ….

Hot summer day , shorts and a flat wooden chair …. potential shown

Krishna
3.1.15  Krishna  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @3.1.4    one month ago
I have very little tolerance for people whom think they are entitled to butt their noses into things that actually do not concern them

Of course "many people" would say that refusing to wear a mask in these times of rapidly spiking cases of the virus concerns them. Because if you are an asymptomic carrier, by not wearing a mask you might just possibly infect them.

But heck-- "many people" have been known to be wrong in the past . . .

JohnRussell
4  author  JohnRussell    one month ago

MUVA
5  MUVA    one month ago

Where I live it is 50/50 in mask wearing but I don’t feel the need to say anything to a person not wearing one.When I go to a grocery store I wear one other than I don’t.

Krishna
5.1  Krishna  replied to  MUVA @5    one month ago
Where I live it is 50/50 in mask wearing but I don’t feel the need to say anything to a person not wearing one.When I go to a grocery store I wear one other than I don’t.

You may have a point. 

Remember, if you pray every day, God will protect you-- and you can never catch the disease! So you might have a point.

When I go to a grocery store I wear one other than I don’t.

That's interesting...I'm just the opposite.

When i go to the grocery store I don't wear one..other than I do!

(But then again-- at times the opposite is true)

Krishna
5.1.1  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @5.1    one month ago
When i go to the grocery store I don't wear one..other than I do!

You know the olde saying:

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.

--Ralph "The Introvert" Waldo Emerson (and not his obnoxious little brother Phred, as is assumed by "many people"

Kavika
6  Kavika     one month ago

If the state, county, city or store has a requirement that masks are to be worn, wear the frickin' mask or STFU.

r.t..b...
6.1  r.t..b...  replied to  Kavika @6    one month ago

no shirt, no shoes, no mask, no service...not a new concept.

MUVA
6.1.1  MUVA  replied to  r.t..b... @6.1    one month ago

It’s no dice.I let people come into my business with out a mask but they do have to have pants on.

Ender
6.1.2  Ender  replied to  MUVA @6.1.1    one month ago

I keep thinking the other way around would be more entertaining.

Krishna
6.1.3  Krishna  replied to  Ender @6.1.2    one month ago

I keep thinking the other way around would be more entertaining.

Speaking of no dice, I've heard there are places in Vegas where the women on stage wear no pants...but they wear nothing above the waist!

MUVA
6.2  MUVA  replied to  Kavika @6    one month ago

If you have the mask on you can’t  tell someone to shut the f up unless you yell.

Krishna
6.2.1  Krishna  replied to  MUVA @6.2    one month ago

If you have the mask on you can’t  tell someone to shut the f up unless you yell.

That's strange, I've had conversations with people where we both wear masks, speak in a normal tone of voice, yet hear each other perfectly.

(But its a fact that some people do lose much of their hearing as they age-- in which case having a hearing test and if necessary the purchase of a good hearing aid might be a good idea).

Gsquared
7  Gsquared    one month ago

This happened in North Hollywood, CALIFORNIA.  I guess it gives the lie to all the reactionary propaganda about California being full of nothing but crazy "liberals".

MUVA
7.1  MUVA  replied to  Gsquared @7    one month ago

I don’t think one person detracts from the truth.

Gsquared
7.1.1  Gsquared  replied to  MUVA @7.1    one month ago

Apparently, you have never spent any time in California.   There are crazy reactionary fools all over the place.   I wish they would move back to the benighted red swamp states where they came from and leave the normal people in peace.

MUVA
7.1.2  MUVA  replied to  Gsquared @7.1.1    one month ago

She looks like a native fake tits and all.

MUVA
7.1.3  MUVA  replied to  Gsquared @7.1.1    one month ago

Hey I feel the same way I can’t spend a peaceful weekend in the outer banks because of the N.Y. NJ types flooding NC. 

Gsquared
7.1.4  Gsquared  replied to  MUVA @7.1.2    one month ago

Utah, the reddest of red states, has the most fake breasts in America.

https://www.insidermonkey.com/blog/top-10-cities-with-most-breast-implants-in-us-652710/10/

Kavika
7.1.5  Kavika   replied to  Gsquared @7.1.1    one month ago

An imported ''valley girl'' from Alabama.

Gsquared
7.1.6  Gsquared  replied to  MUVA @7.1.3    one month ago

New Yorkers, notoriously dangerous when transplanted.  (Kidding). 

Kavika
7.1.7  Kavika   replied to  Gsquared @7.1.4    one month ago
Utah, the reddest of red states, has the most fake breasts in America.

LOL, who would have thought...LDS and all.

Gsquared
7.1.8  Gsquared  replied to  Kavika @7.1.5    one month ago

"For sure" (in the lingo of an L.A. native)

Gsquared
7.1.9  Gsquared  replied to  Kavika @7.1.7    one month ago

From the article:  "Plastic surgeons seem to think that another main reason for the interest in breast implants is that there are more pregnancies in Utah than anywhere else with many young moms wanting to look their best after giving birth."

Kavika
7.1.10  Kavika   replied to  Gsquared @7.1.9    one month ago

I'll have to say I never thought of that.

Trout Giggles
7.1.11  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @7.1.10    one month ago

It makes sense. Of course...when does a woman decide to have the implants because don't they continue to have babies up until menopause?

Gsquared
7.1.12  Gsquared  replied to  Kavika @7.1.10    one month ago

BTW I am a "valley boy".

Gsquared
7.1.13  Gsquared  replied to  Gsquared @7.1.12    one month ago

Umm.. or should I say "old valley codger" at this point.  It's been a few decades since I could be described as a "boy",,,

Freedom Warrior
7.1.14  Freedom Warrior  replied to  Gsquared @7.1.1    one month ago

I spent my entire life here in [CA Deleted]

MAGA
7.1.15  MAGA  replied to  Freedom Warrior @7.1.14    one month ago

I’ve spent the vast majority of my life in California as well.  Fortunately I live in a part that is still rational.  People of large coastal urban areas wish we would leave the state but don’t like the way we propose to do it.  Jefferson #51!

pat wilson
7.1.16  pat wilson  replied to  MAGA @7.1.15    one month ago
wish we would leave the state

Most Californians give zero fux what you do.

Gsquared
7.1.17  Gsquared  replied to  MAGA @7.1.15    one month ago

I've spent my entire life in California, except for travel.  You apparently live in one of the insular areas where you have little or no contact with the greater world. Pity that you must lead such a narrow, isolated existence.  Basically, the whole world can be found in the rest of our amazing state.  The vast diversity, the fascinating cultures.  I truly love it. I wonder if you have even been to any other part of the state, or have you just heard the right-wing propaganda version of it?  It sounds like you are not a native Californian anyways.  

As for your desire for separate statehood, I propose the following deal.  You can have your poor little state in exchange for statehood for Washington D.C. Doesn't that sound like a great deal?  Of course, you won't be able to rely on the rest of us to pay for your roads, services, and vital welfare.  Your isolated part of the state really contributes little to California anyways.  Minimal tax base, no industry (some ranching  mining, timber) no arts, no real culture aside from gun culture. It is a pretty part of the state in some areas. I have been there many times.  You can't have Mt. Shasta or Lassen though.  Sorry.  Too beautiful.

I actually think the "rational" majority of residents of the area do not support separate statehood.  They realize it would be a complete economic fiasco.  Reactionary ideologues do not have those kind of concerns.

Gsquared
7.1.18  Gsquared  replied to  pat wilson @7.1.16    one month ago

Pretty much true.

Freedom Warrior
7.1.19  Freedom Warrior  replied to  MAGA @7.1.15    one month ago

Well we are  currently working on a plan to recall Newscum but the destruction of the CA culture is too far along now.  People particularly middle class families are leaving the state in droves of course.

You can't educate you kids here nor can they afford to buy a home.  SF Bay area is a literal shithole.  Homeless encampments are taking hold all over SoCal.  SmelLA always has been the dregs for the most part.  I escaped to San Diego but the Dems are hell bent on destroying this City as well now.

Overtaxed, overregulated, sanctuary insanity the list goes on and on.  

It takes a helluva lot of money to insulate oneself from all the idiocy but the target remains on our backs.

There will be a day reckoning for such malfeasance. 

Freewill
7.1.20  Freewill  replied to  Gsquared @7.1.17    one month ago
Your isolated part of the state really contributes little to California anyways.  Minimal tax base, no industry (some ranching  mining, timber) no arts, no real culture aside from gun culture. It is a pretty part of the state in some areas. I have been there many times.  You can't have Mt. Shasta or Lassen though.  Sorry.  Too beautiful.

LOL!  You do realize that the State of Jefferson is more a movement than it is a specific geographical area? And it includes many in the southern counties of Oregon as well.  The massive agricultural areas of the Central Valley and large agricultural parts of Southern California counties like Kern, Tulare, Kings and San Bernardino are also sympathetic to such a movement.  Take a ride down I-5 or 99 some day and peruse the signage about water rights and other issues that are the bedrock of the SoJ movement.  The areas of northern California where the SoJ flags fly are also rich in resources and agricultural output. 

If one were to carve out the northern, central and eastern parts of the State where support for the ideals of the SoJ exists all the way down through San Bernardino County, I think you'd find sufficient economic clout to rival the remaining coastal areas of California.  Minimal tax base my ass!  Without agriculture, California's coastal areas and large cities can't survive.   Farmers, ranchers, and agricultural business are the backbone of this state my friend, regardless of what you may think of their "culture".

I had to laugh at your "You can't have Mt. Shasta or Lassen though.  Sorry."  Any idea how elitist that sounds?  Ever consider that those are the kinds of attitudes that compel other folks to consider such things as the State of Jefferson? 

Gsquared
7.1.21  Gsquared  replied to  Freedom Warrior @7.1.19    one month ago

I was right.  You haven't really been to the rest of California or you would know that your propaganda is just that, propaganda.  i was recently in the SF Bay Area and it is as beautiful as ever.  There are not home encampments taking hold "all over" Southern California.  It is a problem that exists that needs to be corrected, and it will be.  Of course, many of the homeless here were shipped from the red states.   

Gsquared
7.1.22  Gsquared  replied to  Freewill @7.1.20    one month ago

Some may claim to be "sympathetic", but when it comes down to it, they would never leave.  That is a fact.

What sounds elitist is the radical reactionary attitude of I have mine and fuck the rest of you...

Paula Bartholomew
7.1.23  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Gsquared @7.1.17    one month ago

HA is a Jeffersonian.  They dance to a song few others want to sing.

Freewill
7.1.24  Freewill  replied to  Gsquared @7.1.21    one month ago
I was right.  You haven't really been to the rest of California or you would know that your propaganda is just that, propaganda. I  was recently in the SF Bay Area and it is as beautiful as ever.

You have got to be kidding me!  Did you go at night and confine your visit to the wealthy areas? We stayed at a hotel just off Union Square last fall, and from the windows of the breakfast area on the 3rd floor we saw no less than 6 people relieve themselves (both varieties) in public, openly with other people including children walking by in horror.  Some reality for you HERE , HERE and HERE .  I have been to the City dozens of times in the last few years (it's only a 90 minute drive - without traffic) and I can assure you that it has been getting nothing but worse under failed leadership there.  I'd imagine that this Covid-19 situation has made it even worse. 

The winters there are very bad. I'd say my immediate family has given away probably a dozen jackets in our last several visits there as the conditions are just brutal. I've emptied my wallet there many times in the past, but learned over the years that one needs to be careful to whom one gives money on those streets.  Your characterization of this reality as "propaganda" is very sad.

Of course, many of the homeless here were shipped from the red states.

And of course you have evidence of this?  The homeless go where they can best survive the weather and where they think they might have better access to food and shelter.

Freewill
7.1.25  Freewill  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @7.1.23    one month ago
They dance to a song few others want to sing

That may be true, but have you ever gone up into the foothills north and east of Sacramento and actually talked to the merchants and the people there who display the SoJ flag?  They aren't the gun toting hillbillies some would paint them to be.  They are passionate family oriented intelligent people and they have some very good points to make with regard to freedom, liberty, and good governance.  They are as concerned about their futures and the futures of their progeny as we are.  Some are more passionate about the actual separation from the rest of the state but some are more realistic and hopeful that at least the exposure the group garners will draw attention to the issues that concern them.

If you ever get the chance, I encourage you to strike up a conversation with such folks and see what you think.

Freewill
7.1.26  Freewill  replied to  Gsquared @7.1.22    one month ago
but when it comes down to it, they would never leave. That is a fact.

Who said anything about leaving?  I'm sure the people around Mount Shasta or in Lassen County have no intention of leaving, even if folks like you were to tell them, "You can't have Mt. Shasta or Lassen though.  Sorry. Too beautiful".  Good luck with that my friend.

What sounds elitist is the radical reactionary attitude of I have mine and fuck the rest of you.

Who here has said anything like that besides you, or perhaps some elitists from Southern California who enjoy the resources from the north, all the while saying things like, "your isolated part of the state really contributes little to California anyways"?

Gsquared
7.1.27  Gsquared  replied to  Freewill @7.1.24    one month ago

We stayed in a hotel about 4 blocks from Union Square.  There were some people sitting around Union Square the afternoon we walked around there who may have been homeless.  We never got panhandled.  We did not in any way experience SF as an open toilet any where in the city.  

Yes, many of the homeless go where they can survive the weather and hope to have better access to food and shelter, many lived here before they became homeless, but do you deny dumping occurs?

For example:

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/nevada-settles-homeless-dumping-lawsuit/62120/

Gsquared
7.1.28  Gsquared  replied to  Freewill @7.1.26    one month ago

We call it "triggering the reactionaries".  Works like a charm...

Anyhow, I still have work to do this afternoon, so I'm out of here.

Freewill
7.1.29  Freewill  replied to  Gsquared @7.1.27    one month ago
but do you deny dumping occurs

No I do not.  Heard some stories about some folks from Reno sent over to Sacramento.  But no proof that it is anything more than an occasional issue where the people had ties to the Sac area already.  Sounds like San Diego thought the same thing in your article and did not join SF's 2019 lawsuit against Nevada.

But your statement was:

Of course, many of the homeless here were shipped from the red states

Which of course you still have no proof of since Nevada has been a fairly solid blue state since about the Clinton Administration.  Went a bit purple during the Bush Administration, but solidly blue after that.   Damn pesky reality!

Freewill
7.1.30  Freewill  replied to  Gsquared @7.1.28    one month ago
We call it "triggering the reactionaries".  Works like a charm..

Does it?  So you admit to taunting then?  Where are the mods when you really need one eh?  jrSmiley_7_smiley_image.png

Freedom Warrior
7.1.31  Freedom Warrior  replied to  Gsquared @7.1.21    one month ago

You’re wrong of course. SF is strewn with thousands of discarded needles and feces is left laying in the public right of way. Don’t dare leave anything in your car unattended or it will likely disappear. LA And OC can’t keep up with the homeless. In SD hepatitis outbreaks mar the East Village. 

Dems and Their  azzdouchery run rampant throughout government killing the gig economy and manufacturing even going so far to chase tech out of the state.

[Deleted] There’s nothing else to say and there will be no reason to read anything else you conjure up.

MAGA
7.1.32  MAGA  replied to  Freedom Warrior @7.1.19    one month ago

I signed the recall Newscum petition at my local Walmart yesterday.  

MAGA
7.1.33  MAGA  replied to  Freewill @7.1.30    one month ago

[Deleted]

MAGA
7.1.34  MAGA  replied to  pat wilson @7.1.16    one month ago

You aren’t most Californians because you clearly do

Freewill
7.1.35  Freewill  replied to  Gsquared @7.1.27    one month ago
We did not in any way experience SF as an open toilet any where in the city.

So you come up from LA for a weekend visit and know everything there is to know about the homeless issues in SF?  Did you read the articles and look at the data I provided?  Are more than 80 calls a day reporting human feces on the sidewalks and streets to be ignored because of your single visit to Union Square?

I have been there dozens of times in the last couple years to every part of the City for business, to meet with friends who live there (and who have stories to tell), and to catch some Giants games from time to time.  The problem extends far beyond the areas that tourists tend to frequent, but it has also been growing worse and has most definitely been hurting tourism somewhat in recent years .

I'm glad your visit was without incident, but I'm telling you that you do not know what is really going on there.  Despite those issues I too enjoy visiting the City and my friends who live there and in the surrounding areas.

Paula Bartholomew
7.1.36  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Gsquared @7.1.1    2 weeks ago

Exsqueeze me, but I live in CA.  I was born and raised here, so just what red swamp state am I supposed to move back to?

Paula Bartholomew
7.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Gsquared @7    one month ago

You don't think that incidents like this aren't happening in other states besides mine (CA)?

Gsquared
7.2.1  Gsquared  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @7.2    one month ago

I would imagine they are.  Almost every one in my part of L.A. has been very good about wearing masks in pubic with few exceptions.

MAGA
7.2.2  MAGA  replied to  Gsquared @7.2.1    one month ago

Up here some wear them more don’t.  All shops have signs relatively few force one to put one on or leave because too many would leave and shop at the competition.  Of course if I’m in an indoor crowded area in the pharmacy at Walgreens or the checkout line at Walmart I’ll put on the one I carry with me.  If I have to be in a place that requires one I make a point of removing it in their sight on my way out the door.  

Krishna
7.3  Krishna  replied to  Gsquared @7    one month ago
I guess it gives the lie to all the reactionary propaganda about California being full of nothing but crazy "liberals".

One word: Orange County"!!!

Texan1211
7.3.1  Texan1211  replied to  Krishna @7.3    one month ago

one word? lmfao!

TᵢG
7.3.3  TᵢG  replied to  Freewill @7.3.2    one month ago

I love the independent thinkers.    jrSmiley_100_smiley_image.jpg

Sparty On
8  Sparty On    one month ago

[Deleted]

MAGA
8.1  MAGA  replied to  Sparty On @8    one month ago

Happy Independence Day!  

Sparty On
8.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  MAGA @8.1    one month ago

Happy 4th of July fellow American!!

MAGA
8.1.2  MAGA  replied to  Sparty On @8.1.1    one month ago

Here’s an Independence Day tribute all patriotic Americans will enjoy!

MAGA
8.1.3  MAGA  replied to  MAGA @8.1.2    one month ago

The true battle plan for 2020!  🇺🇸🗽🦅

Freewill
9  Freewill    one month ago

One thing that does get overlooked in these discussions is that masks alone will not protect the wearer from the virus, nor does the mask protect others from a pre-symptomatic or symptomatic wearer depending on the type of mask and distance between people.  THIS article from Livescience gives a pretty fair breakdown of the research thus far and concludes:

One thing everyone does agree on is that, whatever containment provided by non-fitted masks do provide, homemade fabric masks are the least effective. The recommendations that everyone wear masks are because "any kind of impediment is better than nothing," Chu said. But fabric masks are not expected to be as protective as surgical masks, she said. That's why public health officials are warning people to remain at least 6 feet apart from one another, even if they are wearing masks. In other words, homemade masks are likely to be just a small piece of the puzzle for controlling the COVID-19 pandemic.
"There's been enough research done to be able to confidently say that masks wouldn't be able to stop the spread of infection, that they would only have a small effect on transmission," Cowling said. "We shouldn't be relying on masks to help us go back to normal."

It stands to reason that any of the commonly worn masks or face covering will have pores many many times larger than the SARS-CoV-2 virus and even some of the aerosol droplets that carry the virus from the nose or mouth of the wearer out to his/her surroundings.  The best we can hope for is that they slow the rate and distance of travel of these particles to a degree.  The point being that without the distancing and the frequent hand-washing the masks alone are not the answer to controlling the spread of this or other diseases.

That being said, no reason not to be courteous to others who are either wearing, or not wearing, a mask.

Gordy327
9.1  Gordy327  replied to  Freewill @9    one month ago
One thing that does get overlooked in these discussions is that masks alone will not protect the wearer from the virus, nor does the mask protect others from a pre-symptomatic or symptomatic wearer depending on the type of mask and distance between people. 

Masks are meant to protect others from the wearer. Masks do not stop 100% of the aerosol effect of someone coughing or sneezing, but it can reduce the amount and distance it can spread, thereby reducing the potential viral load and risk of infection. Of course, maintaining social distance helps reduce the risk even further. Basically, wearing masks in public is both relatively effective and a good idea. 

Freewill
9.1.1  Freewill  replied to  Gordy327 @9.1    one month ago
Masks are meant to protect others from the wearer.

Yeah that's what I said in multiple parts of my comment.

Of course, maintaining social distance helps reduce the risk even further. Basically, wearing masks in public is both relatively effective and a good idea.

Actually, as indicated in the article I referenced, depending on the type of mask, the mask itself is only a small piece of the puzzle in controlling the spread of the virus.  The distancing and other measures are the more effective part.  That was my point, from a scientific perspective.  Logically and scientifically speaking, using a mask or bandanna alone in large crowds shoulder to shoulder yelling and shouting and touching ones face and other people is not going to be effective.  Whereas maintaining a good distance from others, not touching one's face and regular hand-washing, with or without a mask, likely will be effective in preventing the spread of Covid-19.  Having said that, in the latter case the mask may reduce the risk a bit more, but it is not the primary factor in prevention.

Gordy327
9.1.2  Gordy327  replied to  Freewill @9.1.1    one month ago
Yeah that's what I said in multiple parts of my comment.

Glad we are in agreement.

Actually, as indicated in the article I referenced, depending on the type of mask, the mask itself is only a small piece of the puzzle in controlling the spread of the virus. 

I'm not sure about how small. But it's certainly a crucial part.

The distancing and other measures are the more effective part.  That was my point, from a scientific perspective.

All measures used in tandem will produce the most effective prevention method.

Logically and scientifically speaking, using a mask or bandanna alone in large crowds shoulder to shoulder yelling and shouting and touching ones face and other people is not going to be effective.  

It's still better than nothing at all, especially if someone is expelling large droplets. But the risk of infection is certainly still higher when one is in close quarters.

Having said that, in the latter case the mask may reduce the risk a bit more, but it is not the primary factor in prevention.

Every little bit helps.

Freewill
9.1.3  Freewill  replied to  Gordy327 @9.1.2    one month ago
Every little bit helps

Agreed.  Including not encouraging large gatherings with or without face covering where it is known that distancing and other measures will not be employed. 

TᵢG
9.1.4  TᵢG  replied to  Freewill @9.1.1    one month ago
  The distancing and other measures are the more effective part. 

Agreed.

Gordy327
9.1.5  Gordy327  replied to  Freewill @9.1.3    one month ago
Including not encouraging large gatherings with or without face covering where it is known that distancing and other measures will not be employed. 

Also agreed.

Krishna
9.2  Krishna  replied to  Freewill @9    one month ago
One thing that does get overlooked in these discussions is that masks alone will not protect the wearer from the virus,

Neither will social distancing, nor hand washing, not will  any vaccine or other current medicine. (Nor, for that matter, will praying to a god or gods-- be they an officially recognized god or some pagan diety),

But while none of these in and of themselves will protect anyone 100%-- they greatly decrease the odds of getting the virus-- or spreading it!

Texan1211
9.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  Krishna @9.2    one month ago

I was wondering who would vote you up for that.

figured it would be yourself

JBB
9.2.2  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @9.2.1    one month ago

Actually it was an entirely reasonable comment. Condoms are not 100% effective against HIV but if an infected person fails to use one it is considered criminal negligence. The same should go for Covid suffers who carelessly infect people because they refuse to take all reccomend precautions...

Also, must you always be so unpleasant?

Texan1211
9.2.3  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @9.2.2    one month ago

no one is forcing you to read 

my comments, are they?

Freewill
9.2.4  Freewill  replied to  JBB @9.2.2    one month ago
Actually it was an entirely reasonable comment

Other than the fact that it was a response to only a part of my initial comment, without the remaining context, I agree.

Condoms are not 100% effective against HIV but if an infected person fails to use one it is considered criminal negligence.

Only if they know they have HIV.  The vast majority of those who pass it to others do not know they have it.

The same should go for Covid suffers who carelessly infect people because they refuse to take all reccomend precautions.

If they know they have Covid, then yes by all means.  But now we know that even non-symptomatic people can spread the disease.  So like HIV most who spread Covid do not know they have it, so there would be no criminal negligence.

In both cases, those who know they are engaging in activities where they might contract or spread the disease, I agree that they should exercise the appropriate precautions for their own safety and the safety of others around them. In the case of Covid, that includes especially those engaging in large protests, riots, or other large  gatherings with or without face coverings when they know that lack of social distancing, expelling vapors by shouting or yelling in close proximity to others, lack of hand washing and touching one's face and others around them, and lack of other recommended measures are going to be the case.

Sparty On
9.2.5  Sparty On  replied to  JBB @9.2.2    one month ago
Condoms are not 100% effective against HIV but if an infected person fails to use one it is considered criminal negligence. The same should go for Covid suffers who carelessly infect people because they refuse to take all reccomend precautions...

One wonders if you really believe that’s the same thing or if you are simply being intentionally disingenuous.

TᵢG
9.2.6  TᵢG  replied to  Krishna @9.2    one month ago
But while none of these in and of themselves will protect anyone 100%-- they greatly decrease the odds of getting the virus-- or spreading it!

Although some cry foul and raise conspiracy theories, sans a vaccine and effective treatment the smart societal move is for people to stay clear of others because it is not possible to know who is infected (and you might be infected too and not know it).   That is why social distancing is so important (and why stay-at-home directives were issued).   Social distancing mitigates the spread of the virus under normal circumstances (breathing, talking).   It does not, however, work as well for people shouting, crying, sneezing or coughing.  

A mask, if properly constructed, can trap many of the viral particles from an infected person.   Some masks are so porous as to be useless but many will indeed mitigate the spread.   Masks offer relatively little protection against getting infected, so wearing a mask is to protect others from you more than the other way around.

At this point one would expect that everyone understands these very basic precautions and why, but it is clear that many do not.   I have to shake my head when I see drivers (alone in their vehicles) wearing a mask (one extreme) or people interacting in close proximity with no precautions (the other extreme).

JBB
9.2.7  JBB  replied to  Freewill @9.2.4    one month ago

Did I say anything to you? I wouldn't bother!

Freewill
9.2.8  Freewill  replied to  JBB @9.2.7    one month ago
I didn't say a damn thing to you. I don't bother...

WTF?!!!  You were talking about a response to a comment I made and I was agreeing with your assessment of it for the most part, along with what I felt was reasonable related commentary.  What is your problem?  I can't even agree with you or discuss my comments with you now?   And you have the nerve to call other people unpleasant? Really?!!