╌>

136,000 Americans DEAD from COVID19

Category:  News & Politics

By:  eat-the-press-do-not-read-it  •  4 years ago  •  198 comments

136,000 Americans DEAD from COVID19
"When Karma takes a restroom break, then, perhaps, Carmine, head of the Notorious Carbino Crime Family, may need to step up with the stepped down,old Carbino shuffle ... splat!" - Jonathan Livingston Pigeon-Poo, "Doctored"

And, still, the Sociopath in the White House refuses to wear a FACE MASK. Trump is juvenile, dangerous, and a continuous threat to the safety and well being of all Americans.

What kind of world leader refuses to wear a mask during a pandemic because it makes him look weak. Is he still in the 7th grade?

What elected leader to a public office has the temerity to calls a PANDEMIC, "Fake?"

Trump pressured states to "open" to boost his chances of getting re-elected against the advice of his own COVID19 Taskforce. How selfish, self-centered, and irresponsible is that?

Trump denies he received Intel about Russia putting a $100,000 bounty on the heads of American soldiers in Afghanistan when his own Intel has written proof that he was verbally brief, and given written reports about one of the most shocking breaches with Russia on at least three occasions.

John Bolton, an attorney, former Ambassador, and Trump's appointee as Director of the National Security Agency has gone on the record stating that he "verbally briefed the president" about Russia more than once.

Yet, Trump took no action. Denies that he knew anything about the Russian involvement with these murders. Why?

What is the connection between Trump and Putin that is so deep that Trump is willing to take Russia's side against his own Intelligence Community?  

Ghislaine Maxwell, the female pimp for Trump's best friend, Jeffrey Epstein, has been indicted by the Southern District Attorney General's Office. She may testify to Trump's involvement in gang rapes of underage girls by Trump and Epstein at Jeffrey's Penthouse Sex Orgies for the Rich & Twisted.

When will Evangelical give up the "Ghost" and realize that this man, Donald J. Trump was NOT appointed by GOD, more likely, it was the DEVIL?

How many more must die to feed Trump's insatiable appetite for self-adulation? Today, Trump is holding a 4th of July Rally in South Dakota, on land ceded to the indigenous people, the Dakotas, in a Treaty, that was later annulled when gold was found in the territory.

Trump's ill-advised publicity stunt at Mount Rushmore is designed to further divide the country and energized his base of racists, under-educated bigots versus the rest of America.

Trump flouts the advice of the CENTER FOR DISEASE CONTROL's guidelines and will not wear a mask, nor, encourage others to do so, thus, increasing the risk of spreading this deadly disease that has KILLED over 136,000+ Americans.

Why do you support him?

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Eat The Press Do Not Read It
PhD Guide
1  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It    4 years ago

Why? Why do you continue to support TRUMP when the evidence is overwhelming that he is not working for anyone's benefit, but his own?

What draws you to him?

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
1.2  Account Deleted  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @1    4 years ago

Here you go

1.     Authoritarian Personality Syndrome

2.     Social dominance orientation

3.      Prejudice

4.     Intergroup contact

5.     Relative deprivation

To that I would add Anti-Abortion - that's what I hear most of the time.

They want a "real man", "Dirty Harry" who says "screw the law". Who tells them that they would be fine except for annoying black people and Muslim Mexican Communists who are taking their jobs and murdering fine white people in their beds. But, hey, he will kick ass for them and they will dominate and win, win, win.

PhD Guide
1.2.1  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Account Deleted @1.2    4 years ago

The delusions of the frightened!

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.2.2  Krishna  replied to  Account Deleted @1.2    4 years ago
To that I would add Anti-Abortion

Well after all, Republicans are traditionally in favour of smaller government...and have always wanted to limit the size of the federal government-- and epescially want to limit the degree of federal government's interference in out lives...

PhD Guide
1.2.3  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Krishna @1.2.2    4 years ago

Crooks always want FEWER laws, too.  Republicans have been in the POCKET of Corporate's Anti-Regulation. They do not want fewer regulations, they want the right to make MONEY above all else.  

Freedom to pollute our RIVERS, STREAMS, GROUNDWATER, and OCEANS. Do away with the EPA, regulations of banks, Wal Street, and all businesses under the ruse that they are Conservative concerned about the budget.

From Hoover to Reagan to Bush Republicans have CREATED every financial disaster this nation has experienced, and to this day, Republicans have pushed Open the Economy Over Control of COVID.

If it was up to CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICANS there would be NO Child Labor Laws, no Safety In the Work Place, No Health Care, and, of course, no Social Security or Veterans Benefits.

Do not be fooled by their claims of concerns for the budget. Every time they get control of the government, Republicans drive the DEFICITS up.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @1    4 years ago

He is like a human version of the corpse flower.  It stinks to high heaven but people flock to see it and pay to do it.

PhD Guide
1.3.1  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.3    4 years ago
(deleted)

PhD Guide
1.3.2  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.3    4 years ago

Thanks, Paula for that visual image.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.3.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @1.3.1    4 years ago

My pleasure.jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2  It Is ME    4 years ago

It's always fun to read articles that show how....."PEOPLE"..... need to be told  by some "Teacher/Authority " (Like a Grade Schooler) what to do .... 'cause unless someone "LEADS" them, they are LOST !  Unless your a protestor or a "CHOPS" resident, or any other "THUG" rooming the streets for that matter. Then you can do what you want if you're one of those.

I'm a "Protestor". I can do what I want. (Leaders say so)jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif

PhD Guide
2.1  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  It Is ME @2    4 years ago

Very similar to I am POTUS. I can do what I want!

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @2.1    4 years ago

And what do YOU do ? jrSmiley_87_smiley_image.gif

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.2  Krishna  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @2.1    4 years ago

Well, he could probably shoot someone on 6th Avenue and get away with it!

I can do what I want

Yes-- that's capture the attittude of our "Orange Hitler" perfectly!

PhD Guide
2.1.3  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.1    4 years ago

I am retired!

After working 49 years running my own businesses into the ground, I returned to my first punishment, Stand Up, Sit Down, Roll Over Comedy.

It is not like my early day in the '60s. When an audience disliked you they threw rotten tomatoes.

Today, they throw cans of tomatoes. It is a good thing I like tomatoes.

My first gift to humanity was the creation of a new Think Tank:

"The Bird Droppings Institute - A Think Tank For Moron, No Idiot, Please!"

If you are tired of thinking, or, can't think, we do you thinin' fer you - fer a fee.

Next, to raise additional funds, I did what a lot of Con Men do, I started my own CHURCH!

"The Church of the How Big Is Your Wallet - How Small Is Your Mind?

Pastured by Reverend Oral Fleece, "Straight From the Street - Not From the Police!"

Then, in my spare, I created EAT THE PRESS-DO NOT READ IT!

We are the original FAKE NEWS - We are so Fake; we just make SHAT UP!

How about you? What do you do-do?

PhD Guide
2.2  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  It Is ME @2    4 years ago

Protest, you may recall from your history studies, grew out of repression, and led to the creation of this country. 

Not all protests are the same.  Not all protesters are looters. 

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
4  Nerm_L    4 years ago

Why is it so very important that Donald Trump be seen wearing a mask?  Why is it necessary to make face coverings a political issue?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1  It Is ME  replied to  Nerm_L @4    4 years ago
Why is it necessary to make face coverings a political issue?

'cause, inanimate objects are now most important ? jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

I got nothing else !

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Nerm_L @4    4 years ago

Because he should have set an example.  Are you happy with the result?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.2.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.2    4 years ago

Trump plain does not like a mask hiding his ugly sphincter mouth.  He might consider a new mask I saw on the news.  They take a picture of your face and use the image from the nose down and put it on a mask.  It almost looks like you aren't wearing one.

PhD Guide
4.2.2  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.2.1    4 years ago

Paula B.: My understanding is that the Center For Disease Control nixed Trump's Mask because it looked too much like his ANUS.

So, Trump returned to wearing orange make-up and acting like a critter with "Mad Cow" Disease.

Is that what you heard, too?

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.3  Gordy327  replied to  Nerm_L @4    4 years ago
Why is it so very important that Donald Trump be seen wearing a mask? 

Because he sets an example as a "leader." And some people seem incapable of thinking for themselves and simply do whatever someone in authority does.

Why is it necessary to make face coverings a political issue?

I would think wearing a mask is more of a common sense issue. But of curse, some people lack common sense. 

PhD Guide
4.3.1  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Gordy327 @4.3    4 years ago

There was a time when some folks felt that ONE WAY street denied them of their right to do what they want.

Trump divides instead of bringing this nation together. This policy benefits Putin.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
4.3.2  Nerm_L  replied to  Gordy327 @4.3    4 years ago
Because he sets an example as a "leader." And some people seem incapable of thinking for themselves and simply do whatever someone in authority does.

Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, and Chuck Schumer haven't been wearing masks when they speak.  The first thing they do before speaking is to remove their mask, if they have one.  Reporters haven't been wearing masks while they make their reports.  If they have a mask, it's dangling around their necks.  The mask isn't for personal protection, the mask controls spread of the virus.  Speaking spreads the virus.  These political leaders and reporters remove their masks to speak.

Is that the 'lead by example' that you are advocating?  Using a face covering as a political prop isn't leadership.  If people are supposed to remove their masks when they speak, as these political leaders and reporters do, then the face coverings won't do anything to control spread of the virus.

I would think wearing a mask is more of a common sense issue. But of curse, some people lack common sense.

Biden, Pelosi, and Schumer aren't wearing masks precisely when they should be wearing masks.  The political leadership is sending the message that the purpose of face coverings is to protect the wearer.  But that's not what face coverings are supposed to do; face coverings are supposed to protect the public from the wearer.

Political leaders and reporters are not demonstrating common sense.  They are only using face coverings to make a political statement.  

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.3.3  Gordy327  replied to  Nerm_L @4.3.2    4 years ago
Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, and Chuck Schumer haven't been wearing masks when they speak.  The first thing they do before speaking is to remove their mask, if they have one.  Reporters haven't been wearing masks while they make their reports.  If they have a mask, it's dangling around their necks.

And that's wrong!

The mask isn't for personal protection, the mask controls spread of the virus.

Yes, that is common knowledge.

Speaking spreads the virus.  These political leaders and reporters remove their masks to speak.

See 1st statement.

Is that the 'lead by example' that you are advocating?  Using a face covering as a political prop isn't leadership.  If people are supposed to remove their masks when they speak, as these political leaders and reporters do, then the face coverings won't do anything to control spread of the virus.

You're saying the obvious.

The political leadership is sending the message that the purpose of face coverings is to protect the wearer. 

No, they're sending the message that wearing a mask isn't important or one doesn't really need to wear a mask.

Political leaders and reporters are not demonstrating common sense.

When have they ever?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.3.4  Ozzwald  replied to  Nerm_L @4.3.2    4 years ago
Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, and Chuck Schumer haven't been wearing masks when they speak. 

Is there anyone around them when they speak?  It is fine to remove the mask if no one is within 6 - 10 feet.

Is that the 'lead by example' that you are advocating?

If they are using proper social distancing, yes it is.

Biden, Pelosi, and Schumer aren't wearing masks precisely when they should be wearing masks.

Specific examples please.

Political leaders and reporters are not demonstrating common sense.

SOME P olitical leaders and SOME reporters are not demonstrating common sense.  Nobody has ever claimed to be perfect on this, but a certain somebody has refused to wear a mask.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
4.3.5  Nerm_L  replied to  Ozzwald @4.3.4    4 years ago
Is there anyone around them when they speak?  It is fine to remove the mask if no one is within 6 - 10 feet.

Indoor air circulation spreads the virus over greater distances.  While there is scientific information to support that; common sense and practical experience clearly demonstrates that.  The virus can spread indoors the same way odors spread indoors.

The idea behind social distancing is to allow the virus to dissipate.  However, dissipation does not eliminate exposure; dissipation only reduces the amount of exposure.  And there hasn't been any guidance on risk associated with amount of exposure.  How much virus in the air is enough to become infected?

SOME Political leaders and SOME reporters are not demonstrating common sense.  Nobody has ever claimed to be perfect on this, but a certain somebody has refused to wear a mask.

The purpose of face coverings is to control the spread of the virus.  A mask isn't intended to protect the wearer; the mask is intended to protect the public from the wearer.

President Trump was being tested on a daily basis with negative results for infection.  So, Trump could not spread the virus.  Trump was not placing anyone at risk because Trump was known to not be infected and was known to be incapable of spreading the virus.  There may be some justification to complain about Trump's access to testing but Trump wearing a face mask would not have accomplished anything other than being a political gesture.

While Trump did risk exposing himself to the virus; a face mask, alone, doesn't provide that much protection.  Personal protection is a process that includes protective equipment.  Simply wearing a face covering without following the rest of the procedure doesn't provide that much protection.

A face covering is intended to prevent spread of the virus.  And Trump was known to be incapable of spreading the virus.  

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.3.6  Ozzwald  replied to  Nerm_L @4.3.5    4 years ago
Indoor air circulation spreads the virus over greater distances.

In other words, no, nobody is around.  You implied a falsehood.

The purpose of face coverings is to control the spread of the virus.  A mask isn't intended to protect the wearer; the mask is intended to protect the public from the wearer. President Trump was being tested on a daily basis with negative results for infection.  So, Trump could not spread the virus.

Spin, spin, spin.

CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain, such as grocery stores, pharmacies, and gas stations.

Does the CDC say, "except for the President"?  And provide evidence that Trump is tested daily.

And Trump was known to be incapable of spreading the virus.

Prove it!

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
4.3.7  Nerm_L  replied to  Ozzwald @4.3.6    4 years ago
In other words, no, nobody is around.  You implied a falsehood.

In the case of Dr. Fauci speaking without a mask, no one important is around.  Dr. Fauci was only speaking to reporters and Congressmen.

Spin, spin, spin.

Considerations for Wearing Cloth Face Coverings - CDC

Please, try to keep up.

Prove it!

Trump on his latest coronavirus test: 'I tested positively toward negative' - The Hill

Do you need any further assistance demonstrating you don't know what you are talking about?

PhD Guide
4.3.10  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Ozzwald @4.3.4    4 years ago

Idiot! Dissembler!

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.3.11  Ozzwald  replied to  Nerm_L @4.3.7    4 years ago
Considerations for Wearing Cloth Face Coverings - CDC Please, try to keep up.

Did you even read your link?

Very 1st paragraph.

CDC recommends that people wear cloth face coverings in public settings and when around people who don’t live in your household, especially when other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain.

Do they recommend only known positive people wear masks???

Trump on his latest coronavirus test: 'I tested positively toward negative' - The Hill Do you need any further assistance demonstrating you don't know what you are talking about?

Your statement was..."And Trump was known to be incapable of spreading the virus".  Nothing in your linked article addresses that.  The statement of daily testing was also a 1 off statement, that had nothing to back it up.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
4.3.12  Nerm_L  replied to  Ozzwald @4.3.11    4 years ago
Do they recommend only known positive people wear masks???

Where did I say anything like that?  If the purpose is make dimwitted arguments, then you are succeeding.  

When you're wrong, you're wrong.  And you are wrong.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.3.13  Ozzwald  replied to  Nerm_L @4.3.12    4 years ago
Where did I say anything like that? 

You replied with that link to justify your claim that Trump doesn't need to wear a mask.  I pointed out the error of your thinking.

When you're wrong, you're wrong.  And you are wrong.

So now you are claiming that Trump does wear a mask, as per CDC guidelines?  Is that your new spin???  Since I said he didn't, and your response to that statement is that I'm wrong.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.3.14  TᵢG  replied to  Nerm_L @4.3.2    4 years ago

Do you think Trump, as PotUS, should set an example of recommended practices by wearing a mask while around others in public?

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
4.3.15  Nerm_L  replied to  Ozzwald @4.3.13    4 years ago
You replied with that link to justify your claim that Trump doesn't need to wear a mask.  I pointed out the error of your thinking.

The purpose of face coverings is to control spread of the virus.  The purpose of face coverings is NOT to protect the wearer but to protect the public from the wearer.

Trump has undergone daily testing for infection with negative results for infection.  If Trump is not infected then Trump cannot spread the virus.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
4.3.16  Nerm_L  replied to  TᵢG @4.3.14    4 years ago
Do you think Trump, as PotUS, should set an example of recommended practices by wearing a mask while around others in public?

Why?  If Trump wears a mask then everyone would be chirping about Trump trying to protect himself and not doing nearly enough to protect the public.  And to prove Trump is being selfishly stupid, medical experts would flood the blogosphere explaining that a face mask doesn't provide very much protection.  And the medical experts would have scientific evidence and results to prove Trump is being an idiot.

Trump not wearing a mask induces the medical experts to flood the blogosphere with the proper message.  Otherwise medical experts would be forced to explain that face masks don't do very much just to prove Trump is an idiot.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.3.17  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Ozzwald @4.3.11    4 years ago
And Trump was known to be incapable of spreading the virus

There was a certain lady named Mary who probably believed the same bs.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.3.19  Ozzwald  replied to  Nerm_L @4.3.15    4 years ago
The purpose of face coverings is to control spread of the virus.  The purpose of face coverings is NOT to protect the wearer but to protect the public from the wearer.

Doesn't matter, CDC recommends EVERYONE wear a face mask, as per YOUR link.

Trump has undergone daily testing for infection with negative results for infection.

Once again, PROVE IT.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.3.21  Ozzwald  replied to    4 years ago

Again, so simple a concept. The blow back is mind-numbing.

And yet Trump has associated wearing a mask with weakness.  The fat, bonespurred, ramp walking, speech slurrer, limo loser, toilet paper dragger doesn't want to look weak.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.3.22  TᵢG  replied to  Nerm_L @4.3.16    4 years ago

Lol, I figured you would find a way to disagree but was curious as to your choice of justification.

So even on the obvious correctness of the PotUS setting a good example, you go contrarian.  

jrSmiley_84_smiley_image.gif

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.3.23  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Gordy327 @4.3    4 years ago

Some poor 30 year old just died of CV after attending a CV party.  He bought into Trump's claim that it was a hoax.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.3.24  Gordy327  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.3.23    4 years ago
Some poor 30 year old just died of CV after attending a CV party.  He bought into Trump's claim that it was a hoax.

Looks like he just won the Darwin award and learned the hard way. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.3.25  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Gordy327 @4.3.24    4 years ago

There seem to be too many candidates in America these days for that award, so I don't know how enough of them could be afforded in order to distribute them fairly.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.3.26  Gordy327  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.3.25    4 years ago

I tend to agree with you.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.3.27  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Gordy327 @4.3.3    4 years ago

The reporters on my local news wear masks and use a selfie stick type device to hold the mic away from them if they are interviewing someone.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.3.28  Gordy327  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.3.27    4 years ago

That's a smart move. Good on them.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.3.29  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Ozzwald @4.3.6    4 years ago

Trump could not spread the virus

Nerm should look up the definition of asymptomatic.  

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.3.30  Krishna  replied to  Nerm_L @4.3.5    4 years ago
President Trump was being tested on a daily basis with negative results for infection. 

Do you actually believe that those tests are 100% accurate?

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.3.31  Krishna  replied to  Nerm_L @4.3.15    4 years ago
Trump has undergone daily testing for infection with negative results for infection.

And of course trump never lies!

/sarc

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.3.32  Krishna  replied to  Nerm_L @4.3.15    4 years ago

Wrong-- its both!!!

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.3.33  Krishna  replied to  Nerm_L @4.3.5    4 years ago

LOL!

Yes-- he has Superhuman powers! 

He can do no evil-- even if he tried!

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.3.34  Krishna  replied to  Nerm_L @4.3.5    4 years ago

LOL!

Yes-- he has Superhuman powers! 

He can do no evil-- even if he tried!

PhD Guide
4.4  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Nerm_L @4    4 years ago

The president excepts in this administration, is seen as the LEADER OF THE NATION. When that leader refuses to lead by example and turns wearing a FACIAL MASK during a pandemic as a "political statement."

Trump ignores his own COVID19 Task Force, the United States Center for Disease Control and the World Health Organization's professional advice on dealing with an epidemic. 

Trump puts his re-election ahead of the safety of the nation's citizens. 

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
4.4.1  Nerm_L  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @4.4    4 years ago
The president excepts in this administration, is seen as the LEADER OF THE NATION. When that leader refuses to lead by example and turns wearing a FACIAL MASK during a pandemic as a "political statement."Trump ignores his own COVID19 Task Force, the United States Center for Disease Control and the World Health Organization's professional advice on dealing with an epidemic. Trump puts his re-election ahead of the safety of the nation's citizens. 

People are going to bitch about Trump; no matter what he does.  If Trump says the sky is blue then a host of scientific experts will roam across the blogosphere to prove Trump is wrong.  If Trump had worn a mask from the beginning, Democrats (and their scientist cronies) would have sniped about that, too.

President Joe has made all sorts of video appearances without a mask.  Biden obviously is not operating the camera by himself.  Just because Biden is using his basement as a campaign headquarters doesn't mean he's social distancing.  President Joe has worn a mask to make a political statement because he doesn't always wear a face covering.

Biden has made wearing a mask a political litmus test.  Biden would make the phony-baloney claim that because people wear masks, people are listening to President Joe.  President Joe has provided leadership by setting an example through carefully choreographed political stunts.

Same bullshit, different day.

You think not?  Trump has made political boasts about closing the borders to travel.  Then we were inundated by pronouncements from a host of supposedly nonpartisan, unbiased scientific experts that closing the borders accomplished nothing and Trump is absolutely wrong.  The expert claims defied common sense and practical experience.  What those intellectual light weights demonstrated is that science is no different than politics.  Scientists are professional liars just like politicians.

Fuck politics.  Fuck science.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.4.2  Gordy327  replied to  Nerm_L @4.4.1    4 years ago

Don't blame science for the stupidity of politicians. It's science that's going to get us out of this.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
4.4.3  Nerm_L  replied to  Gordy327 @4.4.2    4 years ago
Don't blame science for the stupidity of politicians. It's science that's going to get us out of this.

Dr. Fauci doesn't wear a mask when he stands at the podium to speak to the press corps or when speaking to a Congressional committee.  According to the pronouncements by scientific experts, Dr. Fauci is putting everyone in the room at risk when he speaks without a face covering.

Apparently the experts are not immune from the same stupidity exhibited by politicians.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.4.4  Gordy327  replied to  Nerm_L @4.4.3    4 years ago
Apparently the experts are not immune from the same stupidity exhibited by politicians.

If there's anything more contagious than Covid, it's political stupidity. There doesn't seem to be a cure for that either.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.4.7  Gordy327  replied to    4 years ago
there isn't even a consensus that mask are that effective.  

The CDC disagrees. They recommend and report on the efficacy of face masks.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
4.4.10  Nerm_L  replied to    4 years ago
It is a joke I see people wearing ill fitting mask  all the time and I have there isn't even a consensus that mask are that effective.  

The fit is only important to protect the wearer.  But the purpose of face coverings is to protect the public from the wearer.

A face covering does the same thing as a handkerchief.  People are supposed to use a handkerchief to cover their coughs and sneezes all the time.  The coronavirus is more contagious so the precaution is to cover speaking, too.  Using a handkerchief would be just as effective but isn't as practical as a face covering.

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy: always know where your towel is

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.4.11  Gordy327  replied to  Release The Kraken @4.4.9    4 years ago

Not much about Covid was known at the time. Naturally, as we learned more, recommendations were updated to reflect the new information. That's how science works. What's your point?

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.4.12  Gordy327  replied to    4 years ago

Science is not something one should "believe" in. It's something one should go by the evidence. And when people don't wear masks or maintain social distancing in the midst of a pandemic, or otherwise downplay Covid (some call it a hoax), then they are ignoring science and/or do not understand it. Or just don't care.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.4.14  Gordy327  replied to  Release The Kraken @4.4.13    4 years ago
We actually knew masks helped in May because our allies begged us to wear them.

No, we actually didn't know. At the time, scientists didn't know the extent to which people with Covid could spread the virus before symptoms appeared. Nor was it known that some people have Covid but don't have any symptoms.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.4.17  Texan1211  replied to  Gordy327 @4.4.14    4 years ago
No, we actually didn't know. At the time, scientists didn't know the extent to which people with Covid could spread the virus before symptoms appeared. Nor was it known that some people have Covid but don't have any symptoms.

If someone did not know, then they were wilfully ignorant.

WHO recommended in April to wear masks. CDC recommended in April to wear masks.

Pray tell who was not aware and didn't know.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.4.18  Gordy327  replied to  Release The Kraken @4.4.15    4 years ago
Your M.O. on this forum is decry science matters when it supports your political perspective. We know your game. It's just that a game

Are baseless accusations all you have? 

Science matters all of the time.

I never said it didn't.

There was evidence all along that masks helped stop the spread from person to person. Scientists and Medical experts in South Korea warned us early we needed to mask up and provided us with data to support the preventative measure.

So produce the evidence then! Simply saying something is meaningless. As we gained evidence, the CDC itself explained why masks were initially not advocated. So whose fault was it for not listening? Hint: it wasn't the scientists. 

What exactly is the purpose of carrying water for Dr. Fauci? The guy ignored science and made several giant mistakes.

And he reversed his position when new evidence came to light. But he was also in an unenviable position of balancing science with sociopolitical agendas. 

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.4.19  Gordy327  replied to  Texan1211 @4.4.17    4 years ago
If someone did not know, then they were wilfully ignorant

No, it means they didn't have all the information needed.

WHO recommended in April to wear masks. CDC recommended in April to wear masks.

Before that, there was no recommendation to wear masks. The recommendations came once new information was obtained.

Let's start with the politicians.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.4.20  Texan1211  replied to  Gordy327 @4.4.19    4 years ago
No, it means they didn't have all the information needed.

I call bullshit on that. The info was readily available to any concerned enough to even look for it.

Before that, there was no recommendation to wear masks. The recommendations came once new information was obtained.

Your earlier claim was that "No, we actually didn't know." Which is false. WHO and CDC knew in April and made the recommendations, which you claim we didn't know in May.

Debunked already. See above statement.

Let's start with the politicians.

So prove it.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.4.22  Texan1211  replied to    4 years ago

Seems pretty damn pointless to bother to quote my statement and then just completely ignore it by not answering it.

Please, there are plenty of articles to spew your venom about Trump on. No need to infect every fucking article with that shit. Why don't you find one and post there?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.4.24  Texan1211  replied to    4 years ago

You seem unable to control your emotions regarding your President.

Is there anything--anything at all--from my post that you are actually willing to discuss?

because if I want to see "I Hate Trump" crap, there are ALWAYS plenty of articles here.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.4.25  Texan1211  replied to    4 years ago
Deny, deny, deny...

Please quote me denying anything!

If you can, of course.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.4.26  Texan1211  replied to  Gordy327 @4.4.14    4 years ago

Also false. Study was done and published.

Why won't you simply accept the science?

Freewill
Junior Quiet
4.4.27  Freewill  replied to  Release The Kraken @4.4.15    4 years ago
Science matters all of the time.

With this I will agree 100%.  So with respect to this thread I tend to agree with both you and Gordy on certain aspects.  First, I should point out that the video you provided of Dr. Fauci was from March 8, not May.  See HERE .  The science at that time was not conclusive on the effectiveness of wearing masks for the general public.  On April 3 the CDC and Fauci reversed their stance on this after further research was done on the means of transmission for this particular virus. To this day there is still scientific doubt as to the effectiveness of wearing a mask or face covering alone, without the other measures recommended such as distancing and frequent hand washing, etc..  See HERE .  

One thing everyone does agree on is that, whatever containment provided by non-fitted masks do provide, homemade fabric masks are the least effective. The recommendations that everyone wear masks are because "any kind of impediment is better than nothing," Chu said. But fabric masks are not expected to be as protective as surgical masks, she said. That's why public health officials are warning people to remain at least 6 feet apart from one another, even if they are wearing masks. In other words, homemade masks are likely to be just a small piece of the puzzle for controlling the COVID-19 pandemic.
"There's been enough research done to be able to confidently say that masks wouldn't be able to stop the spread of infection, that they would only have a small effect on transmission," Cowling said. "We shouldn't be relying on masks to help us go back to normal."

The commonly worn masks or face covering will have pores many many times larger than the SARS-CoV-2 virus and even some of the aerosol droplets that carry the virus from the nose or mouth of the wearer out to his/her surroundings.  The best we can hope for is that they slow the rate and distance of travel of these particles to a degree.  The point being that without the distancing and the frequent hand-washing the masks alone are not the answer to controlling the spread of this or other diseases.

Logically and scientifically speaking, using a mask or bandanna alone in large crowds shoulder to shoulder yelling and shouting and touching one's face and other people is not going to be effective.  Whereas maintaining a good distance from others, not touching one's face and regular hand-washing, with or without a mask, likely will be effective in preventing the spread of Covid-19.  Having said that, in the latter case the mask may reduce the risk a bit more, but it is not the primary factor in prevention.

Given that, I agree with you that those who tout the science and understand that its recommendations might change over time but must still be followed have no excuse for supporting or encouraging the types of gatherings like we saw with the riots and ongoing large protests, or things like the Trump rally in June.  Based on the science, such gatherings carry the highest risk of Covid transmission, so they should not be accepted or condoned by anyone who believes that science matters.

When Gordy says:

And when people don't wear masks or maintain social distancing in the midst of a pandemic, or otherwise downplay Covid (some call it a hoax), then they are ignoring science and/or do not understand it. Or just don't care.

I would expect he is also talking about the large riots and large protests where many were/are not wearing face coverings, and even the ones that do are huddled closely together shouting and projecting vapors through such masks as the science clearly shows will happen.  If Gordy or others do not denounce this, then we have reason to doubt their allegiance to science.  I suspect Gordy will agree with us on this.

To the extent that smart re-opening of the economy takes place with rational and reasonable measures like distancing, hand washing, temperature checking, and even the minor help that masks might contribute, consistent with the known science, there is every reason to believe that such re-opening is many times less likely to promote the spread of the disease than the aforementioned large gatherings.  But everyone needs to be smart about it and not just write this off as a "hoax" as Gordy mentioned.    

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.4.28  Texan1211  replied to  Gordy327 @4.4.19    4 years ago

I wonder if Raven Wing supports your theory that we didn't know when facts clearly indicate otherwise. She liked your comment, so I assume she believes as you do.

Freewill
Junior Quiet
4.4.29  Freewill  replied to  Texan1211 @4.4.26    4 years ago
Study was done and published.

Yes, that study, among others are what prompted the CDC and Fauci to change their stance on masks on April 3.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.4.30  Texan1211  replied to  Freewill @4.4.29    4 years ago

So you agree that we indeed knew before May.

Freewill
Junior Quiet
4.4.31  Freewill  replied to  Texan1211 @4.4.30    4 years ago
So you agree that we indeed knew before May.

Sure.  We learned more in March and the first part of April.  Listen to Fauci's interview HERE in June.  It makes sense for the most part.  I'm a little skeptical about the part were he blames his earlier stance on the shortage of masks and concern that the medical community got them first.  But again, those circumstances changed later in March and going forward as more masks were produced/obtained and the studies regarding the effectiveness of masks and other face coverings against this particular disease came to light.  Note that he explains as I did that the masks are likely not as effective without coupling them with distancing and other measures.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.4.32  Texan1211  replied to  Freewill @4.4.31    4 years ago

That was kind of my point. Gordy claimed we didn't know, but we did.

PhD Guide
4.4.33  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Texan1211 @4.4.24    4 years ago

As I have repeatedly explained to you, I do not HATE the illegitimately installed FAKE POTUS, Real POS in the Whitehouse.

The evidence is overwhelming that Russia meddles in our election in numerous ways.

The GRU, the new name for the Russian Intelligence Agency (formerly known as the KGB) assigned an entire INTELLIGENCE COMPANY of spies to undermine our election in favor of Trump.

Under President Obama, the first Afro-American, (a Bi-racial American)  35 Russian diplomats were expelled for election "hacking," interfering with our presidential election.

The US Intelligence services concurred that Russia "ordered CYBER ATTACKS on the DNC, and other political organizations, in an attempt to influence the election in favor of the Republican candidate, Donald J. Trump."

Obama immediately sanctioned:

1."The GRU and FSB, two Russian intelligence services . . ."

2. ". . . four individual officers of the GRU;"

3. ". . . three companies that provided material support to the GRU's cyber operations."

4. "In addition, the Secretary of the Treasury" designated two Russian individuals that "used cyber-enabled means to cause cyber-enabled means for MISAPPROPRIATION of FUNDS and personal identifying personal information."

5. Additionally, President Obama "
ordered the closure of two Russian compounds within the US."

The US Intelligence Agencies backed up by British, and our allies in Europe collaborated this breach, and, acknowledged that these activities are a "long time practice" of Russia and Putin.

The enemy is not "liberals, the media, protesters, or, Democrats!"

It s those that put GREED ahead of their country.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.4.34  Texan1211  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @4.4.33    4 years ago
As I have repeatedly explained to you, I do not HATE the illegitimately installed FAKE POTUS, Real POS in the Whitehouse.

Oh, man, then I really am worried for you. You seem to have been "under the weather" for the entirety of 2016, when America held an election in which Trump was elected legally to be our President.

Do you really understand how Presidents are elected here? Are you from here???

The rest of the post? Bla-bla-bla.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.4.37  TᵢG  replied to  Nerm_L @4.4.1    4 years ago
Fuck politics.  Fuck science.

You are still stubbornly conflating talking heads with science.   

Science is that which discovers and explains natural phenomena.   Science does not make policy.   If you are emotional about policy, do not blame science.   

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.4.38  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Release The Kraken @4.4.9    4 years ago
I remember when the Messiah of Covid told us not to wear masks, in May.

Not to be a stickler, but he actually said that in early March. 

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
4.4.39  Nowhere Man  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.4.38    4 years ago

He started saying it in February continuing into March... until he found out that he could make a ton of money being the fair haired scientific talking head for the media... Then he did a complete 180....

I have no problem with experts, it's when they subvert common scientific knowledge that has stood the test of time for in some cases 100's of years to political and financial profit ends is when I lose all respect for them and what they say....

Fausti and all those like him get no respect from me and in my opinion what they say is designed to keep the demands for their services and media money rolling in....

He joins the anti gun scientists that were writing study after study promoting an agenda, (and thanks should go to President Obama for putting an end to that particular fraud) and the global warming nuts doing the same things...

He's no longer a scientist, another paid shill...

Hi, and other than that, how have you been girl?

Freewill
Junior Quiet
4.4.40  Freewill  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.4.38    4 years ago

Correct.  I pointed that out above at 4.4.27 as well. March 8 to be exact.

PhD Guide
4.4.41  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Freewill @4.4.40    4 years ago

Trump "Flip-Flops" more than Miss Lindsey, who, now, has flipped on Trump

PhD Guide
4.4.42  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Nowhere Man @4.4.39    4 years ago

And, Trump is a "Stable Genius?"

PhD Guide
4.4.43  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  TᵢG @4.4.37    4 years ago

Thanks, T,G!

PhD Guide
4.4.44  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  dennis smith @4.4.36    4 years ago

Dennis Smith, examine the facts, not the hype. This is not a game. Our country is at severe risk every day that Trump is in office and not in PRISON.

PhD Guide
4.4.45  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Nowhere Man @4.4.39    4 years ago

In the March 2020 clip, Fauci said: “Right now in the United States people should not be walking around with masks … You should think of healthcare providers who are needing them and the people who are ill.”

Twisting is what amateurs do to confuse the easily led.

PhD Guide
4.4.46  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to    4 years ago

Perhaps, in your neck of the woods, but, the MAJORITY knows the truth. Trump is a TRAITOR!

Freewill
Junior Quiet
4.4.47  Freewill  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @4.4.41    4 years ago
Trump "Flip-Flops" more than Miss Lindsey, who, now, has flipped on Trump

What does that have to do with my comment?  I was merely agreeing with Perrie that the video of Dr. Fauci above was actually from an interview on March 8, not in May as the one who posted it claimed. 

So perhaps you've aimed your Trump and/or Graham - hating rhetoric at the wrong person?  Technically it is hate speech as Mr. Graham has asserted his pronouns yet you continue to address him as "Miss".  (-:

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.4.48  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Gordy327 @4.4.7    4 years ago

That is why other countries are seeing less infections and deaths.  They are taking this thing seriously and following the CDC guidelines.  What is the US doing?  We are having Covid parties (A 30 y.o. just died who believed CV 19 was a hoax), gathering in crowds, refusing to social distance, not wearing masks at businesses and then get all self righteous when called out over it.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.4.49  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Gordy327 @4.4.7    4 years ago

Other countries have proved that masks work.  They have taken the pandemic seriously where the US has not.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.4.50  Tessylo  replied to  Nowhere Man @4.4.39    4 years ago
"He started saying it in February continuing into March... until he found out that he could make a ton of money being the fair haired scientific talking head for the media... Then he did a complete 180...."

Excuse me but how did Dr. Fauci make a ton of money?

What a ridiculous thing to say.  

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.4.51  Gordy327  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.4.48    4 years ago
We are having Covid parties (A 30 y.o. just died who believed CV 19 was a hoax), gathering in crowds, refusing to social distance, not wearing masks at businesses and then get all self righteous when called out over it.

Indeed. People can be quite stupid.

They have taken the pandemic seriously where the US has not.

And now we're dealing with the results.

PhD Guide
4.4.52  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Freewill @4.4.47    4 years ago

A little touchy with the "Hate Speech" accusation, Freewill.

We are dealing with a maniacal, impeached, incompetent FAKED POTUS that is publicly discrediting Dr. Fauci, as he has with the WHO.

Trump has gutted his COVID19 Task Force and is constantly disseminating false statements that have a direct effect on the lives of Americans.

That is the issue, not my literary style.

The Republicans in Congress are complicit with unnecessary deaths amounting to over 136,000.

Trump pushed the so-called "Red States" to open before they had their COVID19 outbreak under control, resulting in the disastrous outbreaks in Texas, Arizona, Fla, and, nearly, all Southern, formerly "Confederate states," who followed the "Commander-In-Nonesense's" deadly advise.

Something is deeply wrong with Trump!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.4.53  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Gordy327 @4.4.51    4 years ago

If there is a vaccine that proves effective, the countries who have taken this seriously and taken measures should get the first batch.  We have proven that the US is dead bottom on that list.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.4.54  Krishna  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.4.38    4 years ago

Go ahead-- be a stickler!

It makes for a more factual discussion-- plus it often livens things up!

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.4.55  Krishna  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @4.4.52    4 years ago

Something is deeply wrong with Trump!

Indeed!

Here The Lincoln Project "hits another one out of the park!"

#TrumpIsNotWell

Why did Trump have a secretive, midnight run to Walter Reed Medical Center? It’s time we talk about it.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.4.56  Krishna  replied to  Nerm_L @4.4.1    4 years ago
If Trump says the sky is blue then a host of scientific experts will roam across the blogosphere to prove Trump is wrong.

Link?

PhD Guide
4.4.57  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Krishna @4.4.55    4 years ago

Karri
Freshman Silent
4.5  Karri  replied to  Nerm_L @4    4 years ago

Because it is the right thing to do to protect himself and others.  Because it is the responsible thing to do.

As far as I can tell, the person making it a political issue is Trump himself.

PhD Guide
4.6  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Nerm_L @4    4 years ago

Leaders, real leaders, not childish "wannabes," set examples.  Trump is constantly undercutting the Center For Disease Control, encouraging his followers to follow his lead, which has resulted in approximately 136,000 death, and over 3.1 million COVID19 CASES.

We have the highest # of infected cases because Trump put his campaign before the safety of the Citizens of this country.

Now, this SOCIOPATH is pressuring Red States to OPEN SCHOOLS, putting children at a high level of risk.

The RESULT of "the Donald" push to open the Economy, that this selfish SOP might claim falsely that he is responsible for the strong economy and therefore, should be re-elected even though he is a crook, a child rapists, a sexual predator, a draft-dodging coward, a compulsive liar, and a suspected MURDERER, UNDER investigation in three states for Crime Against his GOVERNMENT.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.6.1  It Is ME  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @4.6    4 years ago
Trump is constantly undercutting the Center For Disease Control

They undercut themselves....along with W.H.O., daily !

You got any "Affirmative" action you can follow yet, that will actually STOP this Covid Thingy in it's tracks ?

Thank God, Dr. Fauci was worried about supplies back when, or if he had said to wear masks in the first place, MHP would be lacking supplies. jrSmiley_79_smiley_image.gif

PhD Guide
4.6.2  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  It Is ME @4.6.1    4 years ago

Spinning the truth to PROTECT TRUMP is treasonous. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.6.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @4.6.2    4 years ago

[deleted]

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.6.4  It Is ME  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @4.6.2    4 years ago
Spinning the truth to PROTECT TRUMP is treasonous. 

Change my Mind ! jrSmiley_41_smiley_image.gif

PhD Guide
4.6.5  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  It Is ME @4.6.4    4 years ago

You must change it yourself.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.6.6  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @4.6    4 years ago

I am just glad I am in a blue state whose governor cares about us and is not afraid of Trump.  Some of his decisions are not popular, but they are made in an attempt to get a handle on this mess.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.6.7  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  It Is ME @4.6.1    4 years ago

They undercut themselves.

Examples?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.6.8  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.6.3    4 years ago

Oh please.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.7  Krishna  replied to  Nerm_L @4    4 years ago
Why is it so very important that Donald Trump be seen wearing a mask?

Because like it or not, many people look to elected leaders as role models.

(And they assume that the President is better informed than most people, so if he doesn't wear a mask, he must know that its not important to wear one!)

But then-- I assume you already knew that?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5  Jeremy Retired in NC    4 years ago
136,000 Americans DEAD From COVID19

That's the tiltle of this but then you go on a political rant about why you haven't seen the President wearing a mask.  

And you resort to childish name calling.  "Sociopath in the White House", "Trump is juvenile", "Ghislaine Maxwell, the female pimp".  

On top of it you label your semi coherent OPINION piece as "News & Politics".  

PhD Guide
5.1  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5    4 years ago

For some, it is news. Especially, if they listen to HATE RADIO PERSONALITIES like Rush Limbaugh and HATE TV, Fox Fake News.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @5.1    4 years ago
For some, it is news. 

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

PhD Guide
5.1.4  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.1.1    4 years ago

Fox Tv Network News won a lawful involving Tucker Carlson, one of their hate-mongering, right-wing entertainers masquerading as a news/political wonk.

Fox argued successfully that Carlson did not have to tell the truth in his commentary because FOX TV is licensed as an "Entertainment" organization.

This ruling opened up and legitimized "HATE RADIO" and "HATE TV" to be used as a tool for the Republican Party, who was in control, to promote one party and lying about another.800

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.1.5  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @5.1.4    4 years ago

What does Fox News have to do with your semi coherent opinion piece?  

PhD Guide
5.1.6  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.1.5    4 years ago

Fox TV NETWORK NEWS established by Roger Ailes for Rupert Murdock, was a former Nixon Advisor, a speechwriter for Reagan, "W", and Donald J. Trump! 

Ailes was a Right Wing Conservative political broker for the GOP, who
misused FOX TV NETWORK NEWS to disseminate "misinformation" about Democrats until the day of his death.

His legacy is still guiding Fox TV's FAKE NEWS, indoctrinating the general public as a tool to leverage the Republican-controlled Congress into granting FOX TV's business interests and agendas.

Ailes resigned in July 2016 after allegations of sexual assault were made by a number of his staff. He died May 17, 2017, in Palm Beach, FL!

There are "real traitors" in this country, but, they are not who we see. They are the "unseen hands" of wealthy power brokers whose sole interest, like Trump's, is to acquire more and more money.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.1.5    4 years ago
What does Fox News have to do with yoursemi coherent opinion piece?  

Nothing at all.

Maybe just a little break from the usual bleating about "Orange Man Bad" nonsense?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.1.8  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @5.1.6    4 years ago

So it has nothing to do with your fake Covid-19 "article".  Gotcha

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.1.9  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.7    4 years ago

It is another "Orange Mad Bad" article with the false flag title.

PhD Guide
5.1.10  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.7    4 years ago

Fox TV Network News is owned by Rupert Murdoch, a Conservative right-wing Radical Catholic, in the same league as Mel Gibson, the actor's, grandfather.

Rupert inherited his father's newspaper, then, turned them into "rag sheets, scandal-mongering, unvetted exploitive newspapers like the National Enquirer."

Rupert's largest financial investment is a prince from Saudia Arabia. In order for media to expand they need government approval.

News Inc., his parent company, now, is the largest newspaper, TV, and cable company in the world. This one-man controls the flow of news in most of the world.

Under the Reagen Administration, the FCC, which regulates newspapers, TV, Radio, and Cable Broadcast Companies, was gutted to allow the New Zealander to expand into the USA.

The REPUBLICAN PARTY supports Fox TV Network News, and the Network supports Republican candidates.

Trump is constantly supported by Fox.

That is why it is important.

PhD Guide
5.1.11  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.1.8    4 years ago

Jeremy Retire in NC, What did you retire from? 

Some folks are trying to save lives, while others are, perhaps, inadvertently, taking the lives of their fellow citizens by promoting Trump's deadly narrative.

TRUMP is the cause of the COVID19 Pandemic in the United States. He was read into it in December of 2019 by his INTEL agencies and refused to do anything about it. Just as he has refused to do anything about RUSSIA putting $100,000 bounties on the heads of American soldiers serving in Afghanistan.

Trump is a TRAITOR!

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.1.12  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @5.1.11    4 years ago
Jeremy Retire in NC, What did you retire from? 

U.S. Army.  

Some folks are trying to save lives, while others are, perhaps, inadvertently, taking the lives of their fellow citizens by promoting Trump's deadly narrative.

Deadly narrative?  Exactly what "deadly narrative" are you referring to?

Just as he has refused to do anything about RUSSIA putting $100,000 bounties on the heads of American soldiers serving in Afghanistan.

You actually think this is new?  Hell I still have the bounty notices from 2012 when I was in Afghanistan.  

Trump is a TRAITOR!

Should I wait for your irrefutable proof of that?

PhD Guide
5.1.13  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.1.9    4 years ago

Thank you, your "Orange Mad Bad" article is a work of art. As well, as "False flag title." Kudos!

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.1.14  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @5.1.13    4 years ago

[deleted]

PhD Guide
5.1.15  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.1.14    4 years ago

The DEATH rate has exceeded the 136,000, cited in the title of this article.

Trump issued an Executive Order requiring all COVID19 data is now to be sent to the Health and Human Services directly bypassing the Center for Disease Control to stop the data from going to the PUBLIC.

What kind of a MAN does that during a WORLDWIDE PANDEMIC to bolster his chances to get re-elected to a job he cannot do?

Trump has repeatedly revealed who he is by his actions.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.1.16  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @5.1.15    4 years ago
The DEATH rate has exceeded the 136,000, cited in the title of this article.

[deleted]

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.1.17  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.1.16    4 years ago

Perrie,

When did stating the truth is taunting?

PhD Guide
5.2  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5    4 years ago

That number is now 144,305 American Death, and 4,038,864 infected cases and rising do to Trump sabotaging theMedical Experts.

Who does that to their own countrymen?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6  Buzz of the Orient    4 years ago

I recall a doctor friend of my father saying, back when I was a boy, that the only reason the insane were locked up and we're not is because we're the majority.  I never realized how prescient a statement that was until now. 

PhD Guide
6.1  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @6    4 years ago

During my Sophomore year in college, I took a job as a "psychiatric aide" at N.J. State Hospital in Morristown. On the first day on the job, I accidentally let a patient escape by unlocking the door of the "Chronic Ward," assuming he was a doctor.

He looked like a doctor, acted as a doctor, dressed in civilian clothes, and frowned at me as he stood at the secure door implying that he was waiting for me to open it.

Later, I learned he became a politician,

I often asked myself who was the insane ones, us, or them. Our therapy was extremely disturbing at that time.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @6.1    4 years ago

Hah!  You've given me the opening to tell one of my father's favourite stories, but it was back in the early 1950s, before the days of cell phones.

A man is driving along a fairly remote country road on his way to a meeting that was very important for his career, and he was already going to be a little late.. As he was driving past a high stone wall, and just as he was approaching a big iron gate, he got a flat tire, and pulled up in front of the gate.  There was a sign beside the gate: COUNTY INSANE ASYLUM".  He opened the trunk, took out the spare tire and the tools, jacked up the car, removed the hub cap and unscrewed the four nuts and put them into the inverted hub cap, pulled off the flat tire wheel, but while doing so he accidentally kicked the hub cap and flipped it, and all the nuts fell into a sewer.  In a sort of semi-shock he said out loud:

"Oh my God, what am I going to do?  I can't miss that meeting".  Then he heard a voice from behind the gate.

"Got a problem there, eh mister?"

"I sure do."

"Well, I'll tell you what to do.  Just take one nut off of each of your other three wheels, use them to attach your spare and you'll have no trouble driving the car."

"Wow!  Fantastic!  Thank you.  Why didn't I think of that?  Are you staff there?"

"Nope, I'm a patient."

"You're a PATIENT?"

"Yep. I may be crazy, but I ain't STUPID."

PhD Guide
6.1.2  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @6.1.1    4 years ago

Great story!

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
6.1.3  Account Deleted  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @6.1.1    4 years ago

Translation for those who suffer from JASD - joke attention span deficit : " I may have a screw loose, but you're the one who lost his nuts."

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.1.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Account Deleted @6.1.3    4 years ago

LOL.  Very appropriate comment.

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.1.5  Krishna  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @6.1    4 years ago
Later, I learned he became a politician,

Well, as Mark Twain once said:

Suppose I am an idiot. And suppose I am a member of Congress. But I repeat myself!

(Looking at some of the other things he said, it was obvious he had that negative opion not only re: members of Congress but of all politicians)

PhD Guide
7  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It    4 years ago

Fox TV Network News is owned by Rupert Murdoch, a Conservative right-wing Radical Catholic, in the same league as Mel Gibson, the actor's, grandfather.

Rupert inherited his father's newspaper, then, turned them into "rag sheets, scandal-mongering, unvetted exploitive newspapers like the National Enquirer."

Rupert's largest financial investment is a prince from Saudia Arabia. In order for media to expand they need government approval.

News Inc., his parent company, now, is the largest newspaper, TV, and cable company in the world. This one-man controls the flow of news in most of the world.

Under the Reagen Administration, the FCC, which regulates newspapers, TV, Radio, and Cable Broadcast Companies, was gutted to allow the New Zealander to expand into the USA.

The REPUBLICAN PARTY supports Fox TV Network News, and the Network supports Republican candidates.

Trump is constantly supported by Fox.

That is why it is important.

PhD Guide
8  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It    4 years ago

Idiot! Dissembler!

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
9  Thrawn 31    4 years ago

No worries everyone, the most protected person on the planet assures us that this is all fake and there is a 99% chance you will be totally fine if you catch this fake virus.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
9.1  pat wilson  replied to  Thrawn 31 @9    4 years ago

He said from his bunker.

Krishna
Professor Expert
9.2  Krishna  replied to  Thrawn 31 @9    4 years ago
the most protected person on the planet assures us that this is all fake and there is a 99% chance you will be totally fine if you catch this fake virus.

Yes-- our honorable and highly-veneered "Orange Hitler"  himself-- reigning gallons of wisdom down on his loyal flock of wannabe Lemmings!

PANDUMBIC (Official Trailer) | The Daily Show

To put that into perspective, that was relatively early on-- March 10th!

Krishna
Professor Expert
9.2.1  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @9.2    4 years ago
To put that into perspective, that was relatively early on-- March 10th!

Don't touch that dial kiddies

Because yes-- there's a sequel! (which IMNSHO is even better-- because starring in this one is not only the Moron-in-Chief in the White House himself-- but also some of the most brilliant (and downright nastiest!) of his ass-lickers over at Faux News making complete fools of themselves. In public. For all to see!)

Pandumbic 2 (The Sequel) 

Just when you thought it couldn't get any dumber . .

Krishna
Professor Expert
10  Krishna    4 years ago

When Karma takes a restroom break,

Or maybe its just when their Karma ran over their Dharma!

Quotes from Richard Bach's Illusion's  - The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah [ Re-seeded 3 years ago ]

(Which IMO was much more profound than Johnathan Livingston See Gull... but you'd have to have been there!)

PhD Guide
10.1  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Krishna @10    4 years ago

I would say that Jonathan Livingston Pigeon-Poo, "Doctored" has a leg up on Jonathan Livington Seagull. After all, he is the Publisher of Eat The Press Do Not Read It!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
11  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

Chuck Woolery became a conspiracy freak and Trump chowed down on it like it was a Big Mac.  Well Karma is a bitch.  CW's son has tested positive, although asymptomatic.  Now CW is saying CV is real and has deactivated his Twitter account.

CW before his son tested positive - "The most outrageous lies are the ones about Covid 19. Everyone is lying,"

CW after his son tested positive - "Covid-19 is real and it is here."

I am sure his son will recover from CV, but not from his father being a complete idiot.

Krishna
Professor Expert
11.1  Krishna  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @11    4 years ago

Recently there have been several stories in the news of people who were convinced it was a fake-- and then came down with it themselves. (In fact IIRC wasn't there some prominent republican governor who downplayed the virus, opposed mask wearing-- and then came down with the virus himself?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
11.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Krishna @11.1    4 years ago

My favorite is the senator who wore a gas mask on the floor of the Senate being a total smart ass and came down with it.

Krishna
Professor Expert
11.1.2  Krishna  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @11.1.1    4 years ago

I remember that-- what a total idiot!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
11.1.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Krishna @11.1.2    4 years ago

My second favorite is the athlete being a smart ass touched all of mics before an interview and he had it but was asymptomatic. 

PhD Guide
11.1.4  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @11.1.1    4 years ago

Republican Senators have changed the "Hallowed Halls" of the Senate into a playground for FOOLS.

These so-called, "elected leaders" are not somber, serious Senators, they are juvenile delinquents playing with their "Spinners!"

PhD Guide
11.1.5  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Krishna @11.1    4 years ago

Senator Rand Paul, (R) (KY) was COVID19 positive, then went swimming in the Senators Swimming Pool.

To this day he is a rabid Anti-Masker and a Trump loyalist, no matter how erratic our FAKE POTUS, real POS gets.

A Republican NC Senator tested positive. State Senator Danny Britt, (Lumberton, NC) tested positive the day after he cast a "yes" vote to re-open businesses.

Others include Republican Rep. Mike Kelly (Pa.)

GOVERNOR Kevin Stitt (R) (Okla.) tested positive. He was vehemently against Mask Ordinance.

PhD Guide
11.2  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @11    4 years ago

Trump takes advice from Far-Right Republicans who have no medical or epidemiology experience. 

Might as well get it from another Reality TV Personality. He has an endorsement from Kanye West, Mike Tyson, and Kid Rock!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
11.2.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @11.2    4 years ago

Kanye West, Mike Tyson, and Kid Rock!

Endorsements from the three stooges.

PhD Guide
12  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It    4 years ago

That number is now 144,305 American Death, and 4,038,864 infected cases and rising do to Trump sabotaging theMedical Experts.

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
12.1  Account Deleted  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @12    4 years ago

Actually several now expired nation leaders come to mind. It's not a desirable list to be among .

PhD Guide
12.1.1  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Account Deleted @12.1    4 years ago

Thanks, Adam!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
12.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @12    4 years ago

Now suddenly he is on board with masks, social distancing, and cancelling his next rally.  Sorry Trump, too little too late.  He only cancelled FL because he knew it would be a repeat of Tulsa.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
12.2.1  Gordy327  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @12.2    4 years ago

It all sounds like a political move.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
12.2.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Gordy327 @12.2.1    4 years ago

His ego could not take another Tulsa.  He doesn't give a tinker's damn about protecting the health of citizens.

PhD Guide
13  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It    4 years ago

Thanks, Adam!