Illegal Fireworks Lit Up Los Angeles On the 4th

0biVFN_0PWDnCim00?type=thumbnail_1024x576

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    4 years ago

This is a case where not having a lot of tall buildings served Los Angeles well, if you like fireworks. 

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.1  cjcold  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

Used to drive up Lookout Mountain when I lived in Denver to check out all the shows.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2  cjcold    4 years ago

Decided against the long drive into town for the local fireworks (sheltering in place) so got out my old Polish 26.5mm. flare pistol and burned through a few rounds of parachute and signal flares. That was so much fun that I decided to have a muzzle flash contest with all my other guns. The sawed off 12ga. won hands down with the biggest fireball. An AR-15 with a .22LR conversion kit installed had the least.

Living way out in the country with no close neighbors has its advantages.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

Right now I have a friend that might have to evacuate due to illegal fireworks starting a fire.  It is 1500 acres for now and only 20 percent contained.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
3.1  Gsquared  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3    4 years ago

We hear fireworks and explosions every 4th of July starting after dark and lasting until late at night.   Since we live in a high fire hazard security zone in the foothills of the Santa Monica Mountains, I am always concerned.  I hope your friend doesn't lose their home.