╌>

Trump again directs blame at Obama as coronavirus pandemic worsens in U.S.

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  4 years ago  •  18 comments

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Yahoo News

c9ae1d50-b292-11e7-b5d8-e7bd744c5861_Dylan-Stableford-Headshot.jpg

Dylan Stableford Senior Writer

yahoo_NEWS_Light.png July 13, 2020, 4:45 PM

Trump's bizarre COVID-19 claim: 'Biden and Obama stopped their testing'

Yahoo News Video

5f0cca0b8dce8d0001b5dc05_1280x720_FES_v1.jpg

President Trump on Monday again sought to redirect blame for his   coronavirus   response to the Obama administration.

Trump, who has repeatedly claimed that increased testing has led to a spike in U.S. COVID-19 cases, was asked by a reporter at the White House whether he was concerned about a resurgence of the virus that has   killed more than 135,000 Americans and infected more than 3.3 million .

“We have one of the lowest mortality rates anywhere,” the president said before pivoting to an attack on Barack Obama and Joe Biden, the presumptive 2020 Democratic nominee.

“Biden and Obama stopped their testing,” Trump said. “They just stopped it. You probably know that. I’m sure you don’t want to report it. But they stopped testing. Right in the middle, they just went, ‘No more testing.’”

It’s not entirely clear what Obama-era testing program Trump was referring to. He has previously criticized the Obama administration over its handling of the 2009 H1N1 flu outbreak, which killed about 12,500 Americans. (On Monday he acknowledged that the so-called swine flu was “a much lesser problem than the one we're having.”)

But it’s not the first time Trump has tried to place blame on Obama and Biden for his halting response to the coronavirus, which originated in Wuhan, China, in December 2019 — nearly three years after they left office.

At   a briefing of the coronavirus task force in early March , Trump also invoked his predecessor.

4254fcb1-c546-11ea-94f7-b0c1b7f35b19

President Trump and former President Barack Obama. (Photo illustration: Yahoo News; photos: Evan Vucci/AP, Pablo Martinez Monsivais/AP)

“The Obama administration made a decision on testing that turned out to be very detrimental to what we’re doing,” Trump said. “And we undid that decision a few days ago so that the testing can take place in a much more accurate and rapid fashion.”

According to the Annenberg Public Policy Center’s FactCheck.org,   no such rule or regulation   was ever implemented under the previous administration.

“The Obama administration did attempt to impose a risk-based system of regulation on laboratory developed tests, or LDTs, and introduced draft guidance in 2014,” FactCheck.org said. “But that guidance was never finalized, and was withdrawn after Trump won the election in 2016.

“There is no formal document that Trump needed to rescind to allow labs to create their own coronavirus tests,” it added.

In late March, Trump claimed that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention “inherited a broken test.”

“When CDC first looked at their test, the biggest problem they had is, the test didn’t work,” he said. “That wasn’t from us. That’s been there a long time. Now we have the best tests in the world.”

Politifact’s “Truth-o-Meter” gave the claim   a “Pants on Fire” rating .

When the U.S. government began sending test kits out on Feb. 5, the fact-checking site noted, “there was no inherited test because a test couldn’t be created until the new virus had emerged.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago

President Trump on Monday again sought to redirect blame for his      coronavirus       response to the Obama administration.

Trump, who has repeatedly claimed that increased testing has led to a spike in U.S. COVID-19 cases, was asked by a reporter at the White House whether he was concerned about a resurgence of the virus that has      killed more than 135,000 Americans and infected more than 3.3 million   .

“We have one of the lowest mortality rates anywhere,” the president said before pivoting to an attack on Barack Obama and Joe Biden, the presumptive 2020 Democratic nominee.

“Biden and Obama stopped their testing,” Trump said. “They just stopped it. You probably know that. I’m sure you don’t want to report it. But they stopped testing. Right in the middle, they just went, ‘No more testing.’”

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Tessylo @1    4 years ago

Hmmm....... given that H1N1 only managed to kill less than one-tenth of those killed by Covid TO DATE.... the Obama administration must have listened to the science experts on how to respond.

Maybe the Trump administration should try that......

Gordy327
Professor Expert
1.1.1  Gordy327  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.1    4 years ago
Maybe the Trump administration should try that....

HA! The Administration seems to fight science on a regular basis. But hey, what do doctors, virologists, microbiologists, epidemiologists, ect. know about viral outbreaks, right? But hey, the Administration did appoint someone to head the committee dealing with the virus. A guy whose idea to fight disease is to pray it away. See, who needs science, right? >sarc<

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago

What the hell is the Blamer-in-Chief talking about?

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1  devangelical  replied to  Tessylo @2    4 years ago

his legion of morons ears don't perk up unless he blows the loudest dog whistle he has, and it's worked on them for 12 years

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Tessylo @2    4 years ago

In the immortal words of this President "Three and a half years into my Presidency the buck stops... over there, no over there, nope a little bit further, a little further, okay stop, right there on the square that says 'Obama'. If that doesn't work, push it over to that square that says 'Hillary'... Who really cares who we blame it on, our supporters are so fucking dumb they'd buy anything, I could shoot a guy on 5th Ave and blame it on Obama and those poorly educated dumb shits would gobble it up, God I love my monumentally gullible base...".

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago

But, but Obama 

tenor.gif?itemid=3799565

Gsquared
Professor Principal
4  Gsquared    4 years ago

Welcome to Donald Through the Looking Glass...

Anyone, anyone who believes a word he says is out of their ever-loving mind!

lady in black
Professor Quiet
5  lady in black    4 years ago

Fuck off Crooked donnie, this is all YOUR fault you moronic douche canoe

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
5.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  lady in black @5    4 years ago

moronic douche canoe... 

That's freaking hilarious. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago

And now in Floriduh . . .

108926288_327884888608694_4481062800984140498_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=FMigIwQkV4oAX_bu4I_&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&_nc_tp=6&oh=1341f802e4d8dd6e844a79cec1f9d6c7&oe=5F33B0EC

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7  Buzz of the Orient    4 years ago

Things are only going to continue getting worse if America waits until November.  In my opinion, this is the best solution to the problem of Trump. 

tar_feathers.jpg

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
7.1  Account Deleted  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7    4 years ago

The honey locust tree, with its protective thorns, makes an excellent rail for involuntary rides.

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
8  Account Deleted    4 years ago

I'm sorry - I'm a bit confused again. I didn't know that President Obama was running for a third term.

I mean he does have at least a 10 point approval rating over Trump.

Trump keeps campaigning against him - I just assumed he must be running ...

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Account Deleted @8    4 years ago

Maybe Trump started to realize that shifting all the blame for his lncompetent management onto China and the WHO was not working well enough so he is now aiming more locally to do so.  I'm surprised he didn't take the hint from the old South Park show and blame Canada. 

giphy.gif

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.1    4 years ago

Did the image I posted not open?  If not, here's another one that is similar, but without movement.

latest?cb=20170607011253

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
8.1.2  Account Deleted  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.1.1    4 years ago

Always a favorite. Show them no mercy. Remember, they gave us Ted Cruz.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.1.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Account Deleted @8.1.2    4 years ago

LOL