╌>

Trump Lies To Reporters And Stages A Fake Press Conference So He Can Have An Audience

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  4 years ago  •  13 comments

By:   Jason Easley (POLITICUSUSA)

Trump Lies To Reporters And Stages A Fake Press Conference So He Can Have An Audience
Trump claimed that he would be holding a press conference, but after luring reporters to the White House, he is ranting like a campaign rally.

Just how pathetic can Trump get? Plainly more so!

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Trump claimed that he would be holding a press conference, but after luring reporters to the White House, he is ranting like a campaign rally.

Video:

Let's be clear about what's going on here — Trump manipulated reporters to gather at the White House so he could get attention on this absolutely unhinged rant pic.twitter.com/IGG9fzklOM
— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) July 14, 2020

Reporters caught on to the con:

Jeff Zeleny of CNN tweeted:

Your taxpayer dollars at work tonight: After stewing over canceled campaign rallies, President Trump decides to hold one in the Rose Garden. This is not normal operating procedure for sitting presidents of either party seeking re-election.
— Jeff Zeleny (@jeffzeleny) July 14, 2020

There was never going to be a press conference. Trump's Tulsa rallied flopped, and he had to cancel his New Hampshire rally due to low attendance. Trump wanted an audience and media attention, so the White House lied to reporters to give him what he wanted.

Trump has been ranting and raving like an unhinged person. He isn't sticking to the topic, because there isn't one.

Reporters can't get up and leave in case he does start taking questions. Any reporter who walked out only to discover later that Trump took questions would risk being fired, but the longer Trump rambles, the clearer it becomes that there is no press conference.

Trump did eventually take a few handpicked questions, but in no way, shape, or form was this a press conference.

The White House once again lied to reporters, and if the press was smart, they would stop showing up to these sham events meant to do nothing but boost Trump's ego.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    4 years ago

Trump just cannot stop making a fool of himself!

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
1.1  Account Deleted  replied to  JBB @1    4 years ago

You know his staff could fix him up with a fake Zoom conference. Make it look like there were hundreds on line. Ask him fake questions. He'd love it.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Account Deleted @1.1    4 years ago

The Secret Service used to put leaves into Reagan's pool to keep him distracted...

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.1.2  cjcold  replied to  JBB @1.1.1    4 years ago

For far too long Nancy Astrology was de-facto POTUS while Ronny was clueless and deep into the mental destruction of Alzheimer's. Still curious as to why nobody noticed and stepped in.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.3  seeder  JBB  replied to  cjcold @1.1.2    4 years ago

The same goes for Trump and his handler Vlad!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

Trump has been ranting and raving like an unhinged person. He isn't sticking to the topic, because there isn't one.

What else is new.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2    4 years ago

Whatever Trump is guilty of he accuses others...

Thus all his bullshit about Biden who is just fine!

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2.2  cjcold  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2    4 years ago

Of course there is a topic. It goes like this.... Democrats bad...Me am smartest man on planet.... Did I menchun all democrats are evil personofide?.... Me so good and shiny shit just rolls off. 

Libral scintiests are just tryin to make me look bad cuz they think that ther smartr then me. 

I'm smartr then all the genrals and all the inteligance agencez who sed I had whores in Moscow.

What thoose idjits donet know is that I was never in Moscows. and I wuld never let sum forin whore piss on me.

Jest wanted to c um piss on a bed that Clinten had slep in. It wuz wurth spendin the nite in the bathtub with one of them flufy hotel towlz cuz the bed was so wet..

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.2.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  cjcold @2.2    4 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    4 years ago

Drunk Uncle Trump Is Melting Down, Live on Television

RICK WILSON   JULY 15, 2020

BEAST INSIDE opinion REUTERS

Tuesday’s White House press briefing was one of the most disturbing moments of Donald Trump’s slide into   madness   and   desperation . As I write this, hours later, I keep thinking, “What in the actual fuck   was   that?”

Like an   addled necromancer   with the heavy charnel stench of a dead campaign on him, Trump spent over an hour chanting   the old incantations   from an eldritch grimoire ( The Dark Booke of Bannon , perhaps) only to find that nothing was working. Even his most devoted followers were eyeing the exits and wondering when some apprentice would step forward to lead him off gently off the stage for a rest and a posset of unicorn blood.

Trump was plainly mentally and physically exhausted, grimly plodding through a badly written set of weak-sauce talking points that wasn’t the product of a research team, but stuff scrawled with a sharpie and pulled from his ass.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3.1  cjcold  replied to  JohnRussell @3    4 years ago

Wasn't that the same speech he gave to the boy scouts at the national jamboree?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @3    4 years ago

I hope that the next time he uses the Rose Garden to hold a press conference that is little more than a campaign rally, the reporters give the cut sign to their cameramen and get up and walk out while he is talking.

JBB
Professor Principal
4  seeder  JBB    4 years ago

Networks cut their coverage as it wasn't a presser...