╌>

Trump Says He Will Sign Imaginary Healthcare Plan In 2 Weeks

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  4 years ago  •  10 comments

By:   Jason Easley (POLITICUSUSA)

Trump Says He Will Sign Imaginary Healthcare Plan In 2 Weeks
Congress is not in session, but Trump claimed that he is going to sign a comprehensive healthcare bill in two weeks because the Supreme Court said he could.

Let's see it! 

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Trump claimed that he is going to sign a comprehensive healthcare plan in two weeks because the Supreme Court said he could.

Transcript via Fox News Sunday:

WALLACE: But you've been in office three and a half years, you don't have a plan.

TRUMP: Well, we haven't had. Excuse me. You heard me yesterday. We're signing a health care plan within two weeks, a full and complete health care plan that the Supreme Court decision on DACA gave me the right to do. So we're going to solve — we're going to sign an immigration plan, a health care plan, and various other plans. And nobody will have done what I'm doing in the next four weeks. The Supreme Court gave the President of the United States powers that nobody thought the President had, by approving, by doing what they did — their decision on DACA. And DACA's going to be taken care of also. But we're getting rid of it because we're going to replace it with something much better. What we got rid of already, which was most of Obamacare, the individual mandate. And that I've already won on. And we won also on the Supreme Court. But the decision by the Supreme Court on DACA allows me to do things on immigration, on health care, on other things that we've never done before. And you're going to find it to be a very exciting two weeks.

Video:

"We're signing a health care plan within two weeks. A full and complete health care plan, that the Supreme Court decision on DACA gave me the right to do" — Trump routinely cites a two week timeframe for new policy initiatives when he's just making stuff up pic.twitter.com/qTItTafxEV
— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) July 19, 2020

The Supreme Court decision on DACA doesn't allow him to change the healthcare system in the country without legislation from Congress. What Trump is doing is supporting a lawsuit that would gut the Affordable Care Act during a pandemic and a recession.

Trump demonstrated once again that he still doesn't know the difference between executive orders and laws. The President does not make laws or pass laws.

Donald Trump is making things up to fool voters into supporting him in November.

Trump has no plan, and just like infrastructure week, Trump's healthcare bill is never happening.

For more discussion about this story join our Rachel Maddow and MSNBC group.

Follow Jason Easley on Facebook

Jason Easley

Mr. Easley is the founder/managing editor and Senior White House and Congressional correspondent for PoliticusUSA. Jason has a Bachelor's Degree in Political Science. His graduate work focused on public policy, with a specialization in social reform movements.

Awards and Professional Memberships

Member of the Society of Professional Journalists and The American Political Science Association

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    4 years ago

Has anyone seen Trump's imaginary healthcare plan?

Gsquared
Professor Principal
1.1  Gsquared  replied to  JBB @1    4 years ago

It's hiding under his wig.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  JBB @1    4 years ago

I guess we will all see it when he signs the executive order.  The people may well like it since it will forever protect insurance for those with pre existing conditions even if the courts do overturn the rest of Obamacare.  

Ender
Professor Principal
1.2.1  Ender  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.2    4 years ago

Executive order?

By God I thought those were bad when Obama did them.

They are good now?

Funny also you think healthcare could be done that way....

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
1.3  Account Deleted  replied to  JBB @1    4 years ago

Well not personally.

But you remember Jim - one of  Trump's many gay friends who doesn't go to Paris any more because of the increased risk of catching  cov-fefe. Well Jim is in Nambia right now playing in the cover band Two Corinthians (they mainly do Four Tops songs).

Anyway, Jim said that Trump contacted him on "the Cyber" and told him about the new health plan. The main part is getting rid of Medicare and Medicaid and giving people many many more choices than they had before.

Trump apparently said "It will be great. There will be choices like you've never seen in this country. It will be like ice cream - so many flavors, so many flavors. Why, I think I'll call it Flavor-Aid ."

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.3.1  Kavika   replied to  Account Deleted @1.3    4 years ago

It also my understanding that Mexico will pay for the new and bigly great healthcare plan.

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
1.3.2  Account Deleted  replied to  Kavika @1.3.1    4 years ago

Darn - I forgot that part. Thanks.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.4  FLYNAVY1  replied to  JBB @1    4 years ago

There's no viable healthcare plan from this administration, there never was, and there never will be one from Trump that can be implemented.  Mitch and Co. don't have the stomach for such legislation, and never did to begin with.