╌>

Maxine Waters jumps out of vehicle to monitor officers who pulled over Black motorist

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  texan1211  •  4 years ago  •  16 comments

By:   MSN

Maxine Waters jumps out of vehicle to monitor officers who pulled over Black motorist
Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) was captured Sunday on video monitoring several Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) officers who had stopped a Black motorist, telling onlookers that she was watching to ensure police misconduct did not occur.In the short video clip shared on Twitter, Waters is seen standing near her black SUV and telling a group of off-camera bystanders that officers had threatened her with a ticket."They say I'm in the wrong...

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) was captured Sunday on video monitoring several Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) officers who had stopped a Black motorist, telling onlookers that she was watching to ensure police misconduct did not occur.

© Greg Nash Maxine Waters jumps out of vehicle to monitor officers who pulled over Black motorist

In the short video clip shared on Twitter, Waters is seen standing near her black SUV and telling a group of off-camera bystanders that officers had threatened her with a ticket.

"They say I'm in the wrong place," Waters is heard saying. "They're going to give me a ticket, but that's okay, as long as I watch them."

"You gotta do what you gotta do," another woman is heard saying, off-camera.

"I will," the congresswoman responds.

Congresswoman Maxine Waters (D-CA 43) making sure the brother pulled over is having his rights protected! Queen! pic.twitter.com/sT9Mk3Tz7X
- (@exavierpope) July 19, 2020

Waters's office did not immediately return a request for comment on the video.

Her remarks and actions seen on video come in response to nationwide protests over police brutality and racism, as well as widely-shared video of an incident in Atlanta in which a young Black couple were forcibly pulled out of their vehicle by a crowd of police officers. Six officers were charged over the incident.

Cities across the country including Los Angeles have been the site of protests for weeks following the death of George Floyd, a Black man who died in Minneapolis police custody. One white officer has been charged with his second-degree murder.

Continue ReadingShow full articles without "Continue Reading" button for {0} hours.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Texan1211    4 years ago

I'll bet her constituents are so happy now that she's on the case!

Is this how she'll now spend her time--riding around, looking at every non-white person being pulled over?

The woman is a joke!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @1    4 years ago

And the great thing about cell phone video is you get to start taping whenever you want - usually right after a cop is assaulted!!!

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1    4 years ago

Speaking on cops being assaulted...

This weekend there was an appreciate law enforcement day here in Denver on the lawn of state Capitol.

The participants, including Michelle Malkin, were attacked and punched by some unruly and organized mob.

Denver cops belatedly showed up and were told to stand down by black mayor Hancock

The story will probably go national.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1.3  Greg Jones  replied to  XDm9mm @1.1.2    4 years ago

I'm sure the left wing media won't pick it up as newsworthy.

This went on across the street from the rat infested tent city mentioned a few days ago in another thread.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1.1    4 years ago

Progressives are so predictable, aren't they?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2  Ronin2    4 years ago

Given her permanent mental state, to put it politely, I wish someone would have captured how she pulled over to monitor the situation. Wonder how many motorists she pissed off in her effort to smear police?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3  Tacos!    4 years ago

Actually, there's nothing wrong with this so long as she doesn't interfere. This is probably the kind of thing the people's representative should be doing. It's certainly more useful than much of the stuff she does. Good cops won't be bothered by it. It sounds like nothing came of it.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4  Jeremy Retired in NC    4 years ago

The video SCREAMS of publicity stunt.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4    4 years ago

Did you see how many violations she racked up there?  Wouldn't it have been funny if she got a ticket?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1    4 years ago

I didn't even think about that.  Not that it would be reported, it would be funny nonetheless. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.2  Tacos!  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4    4 years ago

Oh I think pretty much everything this lady does is a publicity stunt. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.2.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Tacos! @4.2    4 years ago

I will admit its better than her blathering "Impeach Barney Fife".