╌>

Failure

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  4 years ago  •  21 comments

By:    The Lincoln Project

Failure
We could have won, but our "wartime" president surrendered.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

We could have won, but our "wartime" president surrendered.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    4 years ago

Another excellent video by The Lincoln Project

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    4 years ago

"Its a hoax".

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
2.1  Account Deleted  replied to  Krishna @2    4 years ago

Is this another deep Zen thing?" Life is a hoax" - "dog poop turns white in the sun" - "someday the virus will just disappear" or are you talking about the founders of the Lincoln Project being unrepentant right wing conservatives who simply don't like Trump's style but approve of his policies.?

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Account Deleted @2.1    4 years ago
Is this another deep Zen thing?" Life is a hoax" - "dog poop turns white in the sun" - "someday the virus will just disappear" or are you talking about the founders of the Lincoln Project being unrepentant right wing conservatives who simply don't like Trump's style but approve of his policies.?

From the beginning Trump and his ass-kissers over at Fox news have been downplaying the virus, has been downplaying the reality of the virus, calling it "the latest democratic hoax" ...in "an attempt to discredit this president"..."Its the common cold"...etc.

Rather than speculating as to what might have been said-- here are their actual statements: Here are the actual statements:

PANDUMBIC (Official Trailer) | The Daily Show

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @2.1.1    4 years ago

And here's more...of their total stupidity:

Pandumbic 2 (The Sequel) | The Daily Show

Yes, these are the actual statements made by Trump and his official sycophants-- what they actually said in their futile attempts to lull the American public into a false sense of security.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3  seeder  Krishna    4 years ago

"We have it totally under control"!

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
3.1  Account Deleted  replied to  Krishna @3    4 years ago

OK - gotcha

Kavika
Professor Principal
4  Kavika     4 years ago

10,249 new COVID cases yesterday and 173 deaths (a record).

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
4.1  Account Deleted  replied to  Kavika @4    4 years ago

Who is Trump blaming this on today? Obama? Mexico? BLM?

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Account Deleted @4.1    4 years ago
Who is Trump blaming this on today? Obama? Mexico? BLM?

Any of those will do!

How about...Hillary? AOC? "The 'Muslims' "? "Illegal Immigrants". Even, maybe, Legal Immigrants! Bernie Sanders?

Or maybe . . .  "Suburban Housewives"?

Trump Brutally Mocked For Tweet Appealing To 'Suburban Housewives'

President Donald Trump  ’s decision to reach out to a particular demographic may have backfired if reactions to his tweet are any indication.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Kavika @4    4 years ago
10,249 new COVID cases yesterday and 173 deaths (a record).

And.. more irony: someone here on NT who claims to live in Florida says he's constantly seeing NY licence plates. And that's why there are so many new cases in Florida-- its all those New Yorkers driving down to Florida (as they do every summer?) and bringing their Flu germs with them.

Although, strangely, a look at the graph of news cases sort of "puts that claim into perspective" so to speak:

JBB
Professor Principal
5  JBB    4 years ago

How bad is it? Trump gave up his convention bump!

It Is Bad. Trump Failed Us All. He Should Quit Now...

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6  Tacos!    4 years ago

It has become typical of the American people that too many of us blame the government for things we are responsible for. People want to have parties and hang out as if everything is normal, even though we all know better. And then when the infection explodes, it someone else's fault.

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Tacos! @6    4 years ago
It has become typical of the American people that too many of us blame the government for things we are responsible for.

Speak for yourself-!  I don't blame the government for things I'm responsible for! Trump refused to wear a mask-- I've worn a mask from the start!

And as for Floridians blaming people coming in from out of states, particularly from up North-- you might want to check out this graph:

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  Krishna @6.1    4 years ago
Speak for yourself-!  I don't blame the government for things

I didn't say anything about you. How could you get that wrong? I said "too many of us."

And as for Floridians blaming people coming in from out of states

Yeah . . . I didn't say anything about Florida, either.

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Tacos! @6    4 years ago
It has become typical of the American people that too many of us blame the government for things we are responsible for.

If a person refuses to wear a mask-- or refuses to social distance-- they are resposnsible for that.

However its also true that many look to the government for guidance-- soit Trump sets an example by not wearing a mask, they assume that its not necessary.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.2.1  Tacos!  replied to  Krishna @6.2    4 years ago
Trump sets an example

And I'm sure some people follow his example. They're morons. But there are a lot of other people not wearing masks and blowing off social distancing, and I'm pretty sure they're just doing it because they don't give a shit - not because of Trump.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7  Buzz of the Orient    4 years ago

There are only three possible ways to stop the spread of the Trump virus.

1.  Total lockdown - but there's no way that's going to happen in the "me first" "I have my rights" "freedom culture" America.

2.   An effective anti-virus that can both cure and prevent the virus, but you won't see that till next year, and by that time can you even calculate the numbers of infections and deaths as they increase exponentially. 

3.   Everybody dies from it. 

Anyway, it's too late, Trump's "miracle" didn't happen, and even though he's doubling down on deflecting his guilt for fucking up by creating more and more blame on and hatred of China in order to fool the American people into re-electing him, I just can't believe the American people are THAT STUPID.  

Dulay
Professor Expert
7.1  Dulay  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7    4 years ago
I just can't believe the American people are THAT STUPID.  

When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.

Maya Angelou

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
7.1.1  Account Deleted  replied to  Dulay @7.1    4 years ago
When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.

Self admitted molester of those who lack the money and power to protect themselves.

Ukraine was simply Hollywood Access writ large. And he is still at it.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.1.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Account Deleted @7.1.1    4 years ago

Wow. That was quite a link.  I particularly noted this:

Opinion: Audio of Trump's misogyny is stunning -- but will it make voters flee him?

And I thought that it won't make people whose brains are up between their legs flee him.