Via:  tessylo  •  4 years ago  •  52 comments

By:   Robert Harrington, Palmer Report

Donald Trump caught stealing from his own campaign

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Donald Trump caught stealing from his own campaign

Robert Harrington   |   9:00 pm EDT July 22, 2020

Palmer Report  »  Analysis

donald-trump-money-1.jpg

It should be noted that Joe Biden ended his tenure in the legislative and executive branches of government as one of the government’s poorest members. In the course of his long political career Mr. Biden existed only on his salary, first as a United States Senator for Delaware then as Vice President. But don’t take my word for it, you can find the most recent five years of Mr. Biden’s tax returns here .

This is the man Donald Trump has recently rechristened “Corrupt Joe” Biden. (Apparently “Sleepy Joe” Biden won’t do any longer.) Naturally, Trump employs this deprecatory slander on the strength of no evidence whatsoever. At least you know you have arrived at the apex of moral integrity on the day Donald Trump questions your rectitude.

Whenever Trump has anything nasty to say about anyone it’s usually because Trump has just contrived an almost identical nastiness himself. In this case, Forbes has just revealed that Trump is funneling huge amounts of 2020 reelection capital from private donors into his own properties. It is another Trump orgy of recent self-dealing.

According to Forbes, it turns out that $2.2 million in private election contributions have gone directly to Trump properties. I don’t know about you, but I get a certain satisfaction envisaging some racist redneck ferreting under his mattress for the paltry dollars he’s scrounged away for his MAGA fund getting in turn converted into champagne going down the throats of rich bastards who wouldn’t give the contributor the time of day. If they’re going all in for Donald Trump I want them to get the royal treatment.

But it gets better. Another $2.3 million has gone into the president’s private business, according to a review of Federal Election Commission records. Well, it solves one mystery, anyway. Now I know what Trump has been doing lately when he wasn’t tweeting. He’s been stealing. That’s what the president of the United States does, he steals money from the American people with both hands.

Now I don’t want to draw any attention away from Donald Trump’s crimes against humanity. He’s only stealing mere money, and money can and will be replaced. But the human lives he’s destroyed through murder and rape must never be forgotten. Even so, it’s instructive to pause along the way and remember that there is nothing good about Donald Trump, that he is a thoroughly evil man. He won’t even spend a penny of his own alleged fortune to get re-elected, and to add insult to injury, he steals what money he raises for himself.

There are a million reasons why Donald Trump is unfit to continue in the office of president of the United States, this has been another one. Let’s take that office back from him and restore it to its rightful owners: the people of the United States of America. And, as ever, ladies and gentlemen, brothers and sisters, comrades and friends, stay safe.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago
According to Forbes, it turns out that $2.2 million in private election contributions have gone directly to Trump properties. I don’t know about you, but I get a certain satisfaction envisaging some racist redneck ferreting under his mattress for the paltry dollars he’s scrounged away for his MAGA fund getting in turn converted into champagne going down the throats of rich bastards who wouldn’t give the contributor the time of day. If they’re going all in for Donald Trump I want them to get the royal treatment.

But it gets better. Another $2.3 million has gone into the president’s private business, according to a review of Federal Election Commission records. Well, it solves one mystery, anyway. Now I know what Trump has been doing lately when he wasn’t tweeting. He’s been stealing. That’s what the president of the United States does, he steals money from the American people with both hands.

Now I don’t want to draw any attention away from Donald Trump’s crimes against humanity. He’s only stealing mere money, and money can and will be replaced. But the human lives he’s destroyed through murder and rape must never be forgotten. Even so, it’s instructive to pause along the way and remember that there is nothing good about Donald Trump, that he is a thoroughly evil man. He won’t even spend a penny of his own alleged fortune to get re-elected, and to add insult to injury, he steals what money he raises for himself.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Tessylo @1    4 years ago

"Other peoples money."  DJT...  OPM

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.1.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.1    4 years ago

OPP and OPM, DJT grossly grabs at both.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1    4 years ago

The Palmer Report on Facebook?

Isn't that a blog?

Oh yes!

Palmer Report   is an American left-wing political blog, based in Los Angeles, California. It is written by Bill  Palmer , who describes himself on his website as a political journalist who covered  the   2016 election cycle from start to finish, along with more than fifty additional writers.

The Atlantic ' McKay Coppins  called the Palmer Report "the publication of record for anti-Trump conspiracy nuts who don’t care about the credibility of the record." [10]   The New Republic ' s Colin Dickey claims that Palmer "routinely blasts out stories that sound serious but are actually based on a single, unverified source." On another episode of purportedly overzealous editorialization, he reported Supreme Court Chief Justice  John Roberts  had ordered Trump appointee  Neil Gorsuch  to recuse himself from all Trump-related Russia hearings, with his only sourcing coming from a "single tweet from an anonymous Twitter account under the name 'Puesto Loco.'" [8]  Zack Beauchamp of  Vox Media  says, "mirror image of Breitbart and InfoWars on the right".

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.2.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2    4 years ago

How about a report out of Forbes then Vic....

You going to call Forbes left leaning.....?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.2.1    4 years ago

From the Forbes article:

"Trump’s private companies are continuing to charge the campaign for expenses like rent and consulting,  according to the latest federal filings."

Is that really what you want to call "stealing from his own campaign?"

If that's what it is we should be hearing from the entire media with investigations galore and another "impeachment" proceeding coming from the House!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago

I've been saying it all along, he's been looting/raping/pillaging as fast as his fat little fingers will allow.

He's a conman, thug, grifter, gangster, thief, scum.

JBB
Professor Principal
4  JBB    4 years ago

Color me not surprised. I expect it is much more...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @4    4 years ago

Of course it is.  This is just the tip of the iceberg.  

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.1.1  cjcold  replied to  Tessylo @4.1    4 years ago

I believe the word is treason.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4.1.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  cjcold @4.1.1    4 years ago
I believe the word is treason.

And let's not forget that if this story was about evidence of Biden stealing from his campaign funds, funneling millions into his own pockets, conservative Republicans would be all over this comment board with proclamations of how this revelation has just sunk Joes prospects for the white house and the election is all over now and Democrats should start looking for another candidate before November. They would be condemning this kind of illicit fraud as the worst kind of theft and demanding Biden's arrest and prosecution. But because it's evidence that Trump is lining his own pockets with campaign cash all you hear from the conservative Republicans here is …"crickets"...

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4.1.3  bbl-1  replied to  cjcold @4.1.1    4 years ago

No, not treason.  One can not be traitorous to something one never held in fealty. 

Trump is a grifter and his base is--------------the bait for P.T. Barnum.

Ender
Professor Principal
4.1.4  Ender  replied to  bbl-1 @4.1.3    4 years ago

He does at times sound like a carnival barker. Selling some snake oil, a cure all to all the evil in the country.

And some eat it up.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4.1.5  bbl-1  replied to  Ender @4.1.4    4 years ago

He doesn't sound like a 'carnival barker'------he is a carnival barker.

Ender
Professor Principal
4.1.6  Ender  replied to  bbl-1 @4.1.5    4 years ago

Correction taken. jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5  Buzz of the Orient    4 years ago

Well, then he can put Harry Truman's sign on his desk, since the bucks contributed by so many Americans go into his private enterprises. "THE BUCK STOPS HERE".  

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5    4 years ago

I have no sympathy what so ever for anyone who sends a known con man money.  They deserve to get ripped off.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5    4 years ago

Dumb Donald only likes the bucks ending up in his pockets when defined as other peoples cash. He runs from any buck defined as: " responsibility used especially in the phrases pass the buck and the buck stops here ".

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6  JohnRussell    4 years ago

6ebd35b4b8d12069e0649dda5397d10f--liberal-politics-politicians.jpg

18d06a533f5eeb89709624467095b97d.jpg

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @6    4 years ago

The tRump campaign is now known/always been known to be the 'dine and dash crowd'

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
7  Account Deleted    4 years ago

Please keep in mind, Donald Trump was not some big time CEO of a Fortune 500 company. He was just the owner of a family used car business writ a little larger.

In his mind - it's his money.  He's just taking some out of the cash register on Friday night to go out to dinner. Now as President, every thing is his - his generals, his military, his economy ...

“It is mine, I tell you. My own. My precious. Yes, my precious.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
7.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Account Deleted @7    4 years ago

Trump doesn't want to drain the swamp.  He wants to drain the treasury.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
7.1.1  bbl-1  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @7.1    4 years ago

He already has. 

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
7.1.2  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @7.1    4 years ago
Trump doesn't want to drain the swamp.  He wants to drain the treasury.

Boom.

Ender
Professor Principal
7.1.3  Ender  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @7.1.2    4 years ago

Most sane people heard the click click, beforehand. 

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
8  FLYNAVY1    4 years ago

As I posted somewhere else a few days ago....... 

Someday, somewhere there is going to come out an accounting of the amount of taxpayer money that ended up in his businesses.  Likewise there is going to be a similar accounting of political donations that ended up in personal Trump bank accounts.  Maybe then, the current day Trump supporters will realize to the level they have been fleeced.

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
8.1  Account Deleted  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @8    4 years ago
Maybe then, the current day Trump supporters will realize to the level they have been fleeced

Joking aside, I'm not sure what's worse  - oblivious Trump supporters or  "Eyes Wide Open lovers scorned" former Trump supporters.

If the sleeper ever awakes, I think I would like to be on a 3 week cruise somewhere.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
8.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @8    4 years ago
Maybe then, the current day Trump supporters will realize to the level they have been fleeced.

Sadly, when that day comes none of them will stand up and admit they were wrong. But I suppose we can't expect much from those with no spine. They will blame liberals and Democrats for "pushing them" to elect an arsonist to burn it all down. They will blame BLM and minorities and lgtbq Americans claiming their fight for equal rights was really a fight for 'extra' rights so they had no choice but to elect an inept corrupt bigot to the highest office in the land. Expecting them to admit their error even when faced by overwhelming evidence of corruption and malfeasance is like expecting an apology from the rabid dog that just bit you.

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
9  Citizen Kane-473667    4 years ago
According to Trump Victory, the 43 payments made over those two dates were for events that had "already happened." According to a source familiar with the arrangement, the payments needed to be broken up because Mar-a-Lago's credit card machine caps at $10,000.

So multiple tabs in varying amounts had to be paid; and were paid for by credit card on site at the hotel whose credit card machine has a max amount limit?. Nothing illegal about paying your bills!

"There's two big legal restrictions on candidates spending campaign money at their own businesses. The basic rule is, they can't pay too much and they can't pay too little," said Adav Noti from the Campaign Legal Center. "If the campaign buys a service or goods from the candidate's business and it underpays for them, then the business is essentially subsidizing the campaign and that's an illegal corporate contribution and now that would be a very serious violation. On the other hand, the campaign can't pay too much because then the money is going into the candidate's pocket directly or indirectly."

Source

So no matter what you want to think, it is indeed legal for him to pay his own businesses for providing a service to his campaign.

More straw grasping is all this is. Even the article I used to source these comments says this has been going on since 2015 before he ever got elected. Does anyone here really believe that the Democrats would be giving him a 5 year pass if what he is doing was even remotely illegal???

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
9.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @9    4 years ago

I'm sure you'd be singing the same tune if this was about millions in campaign cash going into Joe Biden's pocket. No doubt you'd proclaim that all was above board, nothing to see here, all that money was spent properly and would have been the same exact amount spent to other vendors if not Biden owned businesses, right? /s

I suppose it would be silly to expect anything but partisan hypocrisy coming from right wing conservatives determined to cover for this corrupt moron in the white house.

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
9.1.1  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @9.1    4 years ago
I'm sure you'd be singing the same tune if this was about millions in campaign cash going into Joe Biden's pocket. No doubt you'd proclaim that all was above board, nothing to see here, all that money was spent properly and would have been the same exact amount spent to other vendors if not Biden owned businesses, right?

Actually I would be. I don't give two shits what party is breaking the Law. if I see it, I will call them out on it. If what they are doing is legal, then attack the Law that you feel is wrong. Or maybe you've missed the times I've singled out the Congressional Retirement Plan while the rest of us get stuck with Social Security? Not once have I attacked the retired Congresspeople, but the Law itself.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @9.1.1    4 years ago

Sure you would!

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
9.1.3  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Tessylo @9.1.2    4 years ago
Sure you would!

Isn't that what I said?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.4  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @9.1.3    4 years ago

You misunderstood.  This is three days ago.  Don't you have anything better to do?

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
9.1.5  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Tessylo @9.1.4    4 years ago

Yes I do. Why do you think it took so long for me to respond to your snipe.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
9.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @9    4 years ago

Just how has Mar A Largo contributed any services that needs to be repaid to this sham of a presidency?

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
9.2.1  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @9.2    4 years ago

They had week long retreats for donors hosted there.  It's (the info) in the articles under discussion

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.2.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @9.2.1    4 years ago

How convenient!

Week long retreats for donors . . . 

At the White Trash House Camp David.

Pfffft. . . . 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
9.2.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @9.2.1    4 years ago

Then let the donors pay.  Trump should have used Camp David, but he won't use any site that he can't make money off of.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
9.2.4  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Tessylo @9.2.2    4 years ago
How convenient! Week long retreats for donors . . . 

"Week long retreats" is just another code word for "happy endings". They pay, Donald plays.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
9.2.5  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @9.2.3    4 years ago
Then let the donors pay.  Trump should have used Camp David, but he won't use any site that he can't make money off of.

Then there was the birthday party Don Jr. threw for girlfriend Kimberly Guilfoyle at Mar A Lago.  According to this MSN article , campaign donors sponsored the event.  However, a New York Times investigation revealed that the funds have yet to be reported as campaign donations, which is required by law.  Also among the guests were White House staff,  and representatives from foreign governments, so I'm sure taxpayer funds were involved.  In addition, there was a plethora of guests who had no connection to Ms. Guilfoyle or anyone in the Trump family.  One of the attendees at the birthday bash stated they’d never met the Trumps or Guilfoyle, but that he wanted “to have my name promoted” as a “sponsor” of the birthday party.  source

Legalities aside...unethical abounds.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
9.2.6  Ronin2  replied to  Tessylo @9.2.2    4 years ago

Really, where were you when Clinton and Obama were doing the exact same damn thing; except they actually used the White House to do it!

Clinton and Obama aren't even the first to do it. 

You don't like what Trump is doing then call your Congress critter and get them to change the damn federal campaigning laws! Of course they never will do that; because one day they hope to find themselves in the same position as Trump; and take advantage of the exact same system.

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
9.2.7  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @9.2.3    4 years ago
Trump should have used Camp David,

Aww HELL NO!!!! Using a government facility like that for a campaign fundraiser of that magnitude has GOT to be illegal, and if not, it damn well oughta be!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.3  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @9    4 years ago

There's nothing tRump can do that a supporter won't defend, NOTHING

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
9.3.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tessylo @9.3    4 years ago

It is truly sickening to us who have an IQ over 120.

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.3.2  bugsy  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @9.3.1    4 years ago
It is truly sickening to us who have an IQ over 120.

Do you know anyone like that?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.3.3  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @9.3.2    4 years ago

Do you?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
9.3.4  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  bugsy @9.3.2    4 years ago
Do you know anyone like that?

I know it's hard to believe when you're surrounded by a bunch of room temp IQ Trump supporters, but the rest of us mingle with intelligent sane Americans who easily top 120 IQ. From reading Paula's comments I've no doubt she's up there in the mid 140's + like many progressives. Studies have shown a correlation between low IQ and being a racist conservative.

"Hodson and Busseri (2012) found in a correlational study that lower intelligence in childhood is predictive of greater racism in adulthood , with this effect being mediated (partially explained) through conservative ideology . They also found poor abstract reasoning skills were related to homophobic attitudes , mediated through authoritarianism and low levels of intergroup contact ."

“Ideologies get rid of the messiness and impose a simple solution. So, it may not be surprising that people with less cognitive capacity will be attracted to simplifying ideologies.” (they're also far more attracted to simple answers to complex questions like "God did it" when they are asked any biology questions).

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.3.5  bugsy  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @9.3.4    4 years ago
but the rest of us mingle with intelligent sane Americans who easily top 120 IQ.

We often hear liberals state that conservatives are the "racist" of Americans, but words and actions of the left over the past years prove otherwise.

You even have a presidential candidate that has said more racist things than probably most other Americans and has shown support for several members of the KKK and supported segregation. Hillary Clinton has also backed a known KKK grand supreme, or whatever the left refers to your KKK leaders.

I also see that what you seeded is a blog, an opinion.An opinion written by, obviously, someone who does not see the left for what they really are, probably because that person probably does not see the probable racism in himself. Most on the left do this.

If you really want to see the racism of the left, all you have to do is watch what happens when an African American disavows the democratic plantation and shows that person has a mind of their own. Uncle Tom, sellout, etc, are just a few of the softer names thrown at them by the left.

Most Americans learned long, long ago that anything the left CLAIMS the right is guilty of racism, the left themselves SHOW they are the true racists. In most cases, it is white liberals who really show their racism.

There is no debunking this.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.3.6  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @9.3.5    4 years ago

Projection, nothing but.  All you got bugs.

Dulay
Professor Expert
9.4  Dulay  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @9    4 years ago

Funny that you should link a source that cites the Campaign Legal Center, who just filed an 82 page complain with the FEC against the Trump campaign. 

But hey, no worries CK. Trump and the GOP have conveniently avoided installing another commissioner to the FEC so they can have a quorum to actually do their job, keeping the FEC toothless.  

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
10  bbl-1    4 years ago

The Trump has skated through bankruptcies, lawsuits, sexual payoffs, tax/insurance frauds and money laundering his whole life.  Except now the apple he has bitten is going to bite back.