╌>

Fox News Doctor Fawns Over ‘Extremely Sharp’ Trump: Our ‘Interview Was a Cognitive Test’

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  4 years ago  •  19 comments

By:   Justin Baragona, The Daily Beast

Fox News Doctor Fawns Over ‘Extremely Sharp’ Trump: Our ‘Interview Was a Cognitive Test’

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Politics

Justin Baragona

63bb9d90-bb4c-11ea-bedf-3bfe90bc44a5 July 23, 2020, 11:19 AM

f18f6d3b2e4cd102c5355ad37b016329

The morning after his interview with President Donald Trump,   which featured the president bizarrely playing out the cognitive test he purportedly aced , Fox News medical contributor Dr. Marc Siegel gushed over Trump’s “great” memory and how “extremely sharp” the president is.

Speaking to Siegel on Wednesday, Trump once again boasted about his “perfect mark” on   the Montreal Cognitive Assessment , which is administered to judge whether a patient is suffering dementia or cognitive decline.

At one point, Trump attempted to prove how difficult the test’s questions are by reenacting the memory recall portion.

“And then, 10 minutes, 15 minutes later, remember the first question, not the first but the tenth question? 'Give us that again,'” Trump exclaimed. “And you go ‘person, woman, man, camera, TV.’ If you get it in order, you get extra points!”

“They say, ‘That is amazing. How did you do that?” he added. “I do it because I have, like, a good memory. Because I’m cognitively there.”

While the president appeared to be confused about when he took the test—simultaneously claiming it was “less than a year ago” and that former White House physician Dr. Ronny Jackson, who left in 2018, set it up—Siegel applauded the president for remembering five words.

“In a sense, that interview was a cognitive test,” Siegel said on Thursday’s broadcast of   Fox & Friends , the president’s favorite morning show. “As you know, he is extremely sharp on every second.”

“And he did a test on TV where he basically, you know, went through how great his memory is,” he added. “He talked about Putin, he talked about Chairman Xi. He said whatever you think of them, they are extremely sharp, and we need a leader that has that level of awareness and sharpness.”

In recent weeks, the president has   devoted an inordinate amount   of time boasting about “acing” the MoCA, demanding that former Vice President Joe Biden also take the cognitive test that Trump   apparently last took more than two years ago . Fox News anchor Chris Wallace, meanwhile,   pointed out to Trump   that the exam’s questions are meant to test cognitive impairment and are fairly easy.

“They have a picture and it says, ‘What’s that?’ and it’s an elephant,” Wallace told the president in Sunday’s interview.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago

For heaven's sake!  Why the hell does the 'president' keep going on and on and on and on about this?  Like it's some kind of accomplishment?

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Tessylo @1    4 years ago

Maybe if we give him a gold star for making boom boom on the potty he will shut up about it.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.1    4 years ago

my-little-brother-5b6148.jpg

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago

My last boss, a geriatrician who sees patients in Shock Trauma, gives this cognitive test to his patients.  

I don't see this as a scholarly achievement.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Tessylo @2    4 years ago

[Deleted]

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @2    4 years ago

It isn't. It's a mental health assessment.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.2    4 years ago

Yet he keeps going on and on about it.  It's baffling.  

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tessylo @2    4 years ago

So he knows what an elephant is and the day/month/year.  BFD.  They should have given him a world map and asked him to point out PR and Finland.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3  Sean Treacy    4 years ago

As long as Trump can move without having a nurse blow in his nose, he's got Biden beat.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    4 years ago

I've seen that doctor once in a while on tv. He's a moron. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @4    4 years ago

What is he, a proctologist?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @4.1    4 years ago

Nah...a proctologist at least knows his ass from a hole in the ground. This guy probably got his MD on line from Grand Canyon University

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1.1    4 years ago

Or tRumpU

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @4    4 years ago

What is it with his eyebrows?  Is he the 4th stooge or what?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago

‘person, woman, man, camera, TV'

I see a meme here somewhere. . . 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6  Split Personality    4 years ago

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7  JohnRussell    4 years ago

Do they sell those at the Trump Store ? 

Trump Store - The Official Retail Website of The Trump ...

Welcome to the official retail website of The   Trump   Organization.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
7.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @7    4 years ago

I want to see one of him porking an elephant with the caption.  "This isn't Ivanka?!?!"

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
7.2  Account Deleted  replied to  JohnRussell @7    4 years ago

Hey - I looked through the Trump site and couldn't find the MAGA sippy cups.

This was the best I could find .

tumblr_p1n01rrF6R1w527f8o1_1280.jpg