╌>

Republican Rep. Ted Yoho resigns from a Christian non-profit's board after verbally attacking Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  pj  •  4 years ago  •  13 comments

Republican Rep. Ted Yoho resigns from a Christian non-profit's board after verbally attacking Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Republican Rep. Ted Yoho on Saturday resigned from the board of the Christian anti-poverty organization Bread for the World days after he verbally attacked Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

The non-profit   announced   that it "sought [Yoho's] resignation" after determining that his "recent actions and words as reported in the media are not reflective of the ethical standards expected of members of our Board of Directors" and "the values of respect and compassion that Jesus calls on us to exhibit every day."

The organization said it hoped to reaffirm "our commitment to coming alongside women and people of color, nationally and globally, as they continue to lead us to a more racially inclusive and equitable world."

The group added that it hopes government leaders will "find the moral courage and political will to foster healing and civil dialogue" on policy issues, particularly those concerning the ongoing pandemic.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

PJ
Masters Quiet
1  seeder  PJ    4 years ago

Oopsie - Someone lost their Big "C" card.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     4 years ago

He announced some time back that he wasn't running for re-election in Florida 3rd district. He may be persona non grata from now on in politics and with the Christian groups.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1  Krishna  replied to  Kavika @2    4 years ago

Well in any event, itsa nice to see Yoho the yahoo leaving!

Yahoo (definition):

yahoo

noun

pl.   ya·hoos
An unrefined and often loud or disruptive person. See Synonyms at   boor .

Origin of yahoo:

From   Yahoo   , member of a race of brutes in   Gulliver's Travels   by Jonathan Swift

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3  bbl-1    4 years ago

I also see that Yoho is not running for re-election in 2020.  I wonder why.  Allegedly there are substantial amounts of Russian and Saudi money finding its way into Florida politics.  If this is

so, exiting will not help him.

'Persona non grata'?  There may be an abundance of that after the shine from Grifter in Chief becomes matte black.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
4  pat wilson    4 years ago

I don't agree with many of her positions but I really admire her eloquence and guts.

PJ
Masters Quiet
4.1  seeder  PJ  replied to  pat wilson @4    4 years ago

I agree.  I'm not a fan either but she was right in what she did because now it's in the record.  

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
4.2  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  pat wilson @4    4 years ago
but I really admire her eloquence and guts.

Yep... balls the size of Alpha Centauri.   A and B.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.2.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @4.2    4 years ago

I love how she told him to basically fuck off without actually saying the words.

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
4.3  Account Deleted  replied to  pat wilson @4    4 years ago

I was rather impressed. She showed a side I wasn't aware she had. It's one thing to get into a  [blank] you  -well [blank] you too shouting match. It's quite another thing to be able to flick a switch on your emotions and calmly  and surgically eviscerate some one on national television.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.3.1  Krishna  replied to  Account Deleted @4.3    4 years ago

I was rather impressed. She showed a side I wasn't aware she had. It's one thing to get into a  [blank] you  -well [blank] you too shouting match. It's quite another thing to be able to flick a switch on your emotions and calmly  and surgically eviscerate some one on national television.

I've seen her do that once or twice before-- and at first I was surprised. Her views are pretty far left-- but when speaking in the House, (even when she strongly disagrees with someone) she is amazingly intelligent. Keeps her cool, and its obvious she knows her facts and has thoroughly researched things beforehand.

At times she seems much more mature than many others in Congress-- especially that dumb Yoho the yahoo!

Occasionally she has seemed a bit naive-- but she is very young (for Congress) and this is her first term.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
4.3.2  pat wilson  replied to  Account Deleted @4.3    4 years ago
eviscerate some one on national television.

I think it's more that she was eviscerating a prevailing ideology. 

Eat The Press Do Not Read It
PhD Guide
5  Eat The Press Do Not Read It    4 years ago

PJ:  I noticed that you have more "LOCKED" articles than I do. I am envious.

BTW:  I posted a new headbanger on my site:  Eat The Press Do Not Read It, here, on theNewsTalkers.com.

Take a gander when you get time.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
6  Ed-NavDoc    4 years ago

I don't care for AOC and her politics at all, but I have agree she was in fact the injured party here and she did act professionally in response. I will give credit where credit is due.