Fox's Chris Wallace says Biden campaign turned down interview request: 'We'll keep asking'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  texan1211  •  2 weeks ago  •  83 comments

By:   MSN

Fox's Chris Wallace says Biden campaign turned down interview request: 'We'll keep asking'
Fox News's Chris Wallace informed viewers on Sunday that presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden's campaign said the former vice president was "not available" for an interview after President Trump said Biden couldn't handle tough questioning from the "Fox News Sunday" host."In our interview last week with President Trump, he questioned whether his Democratic opponent, Joe Biden, could handle a similar encounter," Wallace said. "...

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Fox News's Chris Wallace informed viewers on Sunday that presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden's campaign said the former vice president was "not available" for an interview after President Trump said Biden couldn't handle tough questioning from the "Fox News Sunday" host.

© Getty Images Fox's Chris Wallace says Biden campaign turned down interview request: 'We'll keep asking'

"In our interview last week with President Trump, he questioned whether his Democratic opponent, Joe Biden, could handle a similar encounter," Wallace said. "This week, we asked the Biden campaign for an interview and they said the former vice president was not available."

"We'll keep asking every week," he added.

Fox's Chris Wallace: "In our interview last week with President Trump, he questioned whether his opponent Joe Biden could handle a similar encounter. Well, we asked the Biden campaign for an interview and they said the former VP was not available. We'll keep asking every week." pic.twitter.com/5BIbp6dQ02
- TV News HQ (@TVNewsHQ) July 26, 2020

After his interview with Trump, Wallace said Biden should sit down for extended questioning.

"The fact is, the president is out there. He's out there in this broiling heat with me for an hour, took all the questions," Wallace told anchor Bret Baier last Monday. "You can like his answers or dislike them, but he had answers, and Joe Biden hasn't faced that kind of scrutiny, hasn't faced that kind of exposure."

"You've got to feel at some point he's going to come out from the basement," Wallace continued. "He's going to have to be more exposed and take questions just as tough as the ones I asked this president."

Trump told Wallace in his July 19 interview that Biden would be "crying for mommy" if he were subjected to the same kinds of questions.

"Let Biden sit through an interview like this, he'll be on the ground crying for mommy. He'll say 'Mommy, mommy, please take me home,' " Trump said.

"Well we've asked him for an interview, sir," Wallace replied.

"He can't do an interview. He's incompetent," Trump added.

Biden has held one press conference in the past 105 days. The former vice president also did not take questions from reporters after two major policy speeches in the past two weeks.

Biden leads in the RealClearPolitics index of polls in several key states Trump captured in 2016, including by 7.8 points in Florida, 7.4 points in Pennsylvania, 8.4 points in Michigan and 6.4 points in Wisconsin.

Continue ReadingShow full articles without "Continue Reading" button for {0} hours.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
smarty_function_ntUser_is_admin: user_id parameter required
[]

Texan1211
1  seeder  Texan1211    2 weeks ago

Joe Biden--still hidin'!

MAGA
1.1  MAGA  replied to  Texan1211 @1    2 weeks ago

jrSmiley_54_smiley_image.gif Just goes to prove that joe Biden really nothing but a little  🐔💩

Texan1211
1.1.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  MAGA @1.1    one week ago

What's really funny is that many Biden supporters simply refuse to recognize a dodge when they personally see one!

Of course, the same folks often think the protests (riots) are "peaceful".

Dismayed Patriot
1.1.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.1    one week ago
What's really funny is that many Biden supporters simply refuse to recognize a dodge when they personally see one!

And what's even funnier are Trump loyalists claiming Biden is dodging by avoiding a Fox interview but don't see it as a dodge when their Dear Leader Trump refused an interview with Mueller.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-49091290/mueller-confirms-president-trump-refused-to-be-interviewed

Oh, and I'm sure Trump would agree to any invitation to be interviewed by MSNBC, right?

Texan1211
1.1.3  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1.2    one week ago

Look, I understand why so many want to make this about Trump, but it just ISN'T.

Dismayed Patriot
1.1.4  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.3    one week ago
Look, I understand why so many want to make this about Trump, but it just ISN'T

"after President Trump said Biden couldn't handle tough questioning from the "Fox News Sunday" host."

So Trump called out Biden for dodging an interview but we can't point out how monumentally hypocritical that is because you want this to be all about Biden? Sorry, but that doesn't fly, Trump is part of the seed as the one making an accusation, his own conduct in comparison is clearly fair game.

Texan1211
1.1.5  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1.4    one week ago

I am deeply sorry that you can't recognize that Biden is the topic.

Adam_Selene
1.2  Adam_Selene  replied to  Texan1211 @1    one week ago

Not doing interviews on Fox seems to be working out pretty well for Biden. 

Trump's interviews and info-mercial press conferences  don't seem to be increasing his poll numbers.

Seems a reasonable choice on Biden's part.

Where is the profit in doing an interview for an audience that, under no conceivable circumstance, will vote for you? I guess Fox might profit by getting a few Democrats they've never seen before  to tune in for the interview.

Texan1211
1.2.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Adam_Selene @1.2    one week ago
Not doing interviews on Fox seems to be working out pretty well for Biden.

Probably because many Biden supporters can't recognize a dodge by their candidate when it slaps them in the face.

Where is the profit in doing an interview for an audience that, under no conceivable circumstance, will vote for you?I guess Fox might profit by getting a few Democrats they've never seen before  to tune in for the interview

Well, that confirms my hunch that most of those whiners about Fox never watch it anyways.

What is Biden hiding for?

devangelical
1.2.2  devangelical  replied to  Adam_Selene @1.2    one week ago

there's no votes for joe coming from the FOX audience. fuck that network of knuckle draggers. joe needs to communicate with americans that truly care about our country and the constitution.

Texan1211
1.2.3  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @1.2.2    one week ago

Oh, that's just great.

Finally, we can see that all the talk about "coming together as Americans" coming from the left is BULLSHIT!

As if we didn't know already.

But nice to see actual evidence.

devangelical
1.2.4  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.3    one week ago
"coming together as Americans"

funny shit, especially coming from those that haven't even come close in the last 12 years...

Texan1211
1.2.5  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @1.2.4    one week ago

It is funny shit coming from Democrats after your comment at 1.2.2!

Vic Eldred
2  Vic Eldred    2 weeks ago

Biden can hardly do an interview with Don Lemon in the comfort of his own home let alone do a real interview with a Chris Wallace!

r.t..b...
2.1  r.t..b...  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    2 weeks ago
let alone do a real interview with a Chris Wallace

Couldn't have gone any worse for the incumbent either...or it wouldn't have become yet another point of deflection. They are both at a loss and once again we are faced with casting a vote based against a particular candidate than believing in the other.

Texan1211
2.1.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  r.t..b... @2.1    2 weeks ago

The difference is that one candidate took the interview while the other candidate dodged it.

You want someone leading the country who can't do a simple interview?

JohnRussell
2.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.1    2 weeks ago
You want someone leading the country who can't do a simple interview?

What makes you think Trump can "do" an interview ?  He makes a fool out of himself every time he opens his mouth. The fact that he is still enthusiastic about making a fool out of himself only shows how damn dumb he is. 

Texan1211
2.1.3  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.2    one week ago

Look, JR, Trump "did" the interview, Biden wussed out.

Them's the FACTS, Jack!

Now, how will you spin BIDEN'S refusal to do an interview into something Trump did?

What will it be today?

Tessylo
2.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.2    one week ago

PERSON, WOMAN, MAN, CAMERA, TV

LOL!

Texan1211
2.1.5  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.2    one week ago

Hey, here's a great idea for Hidin' Joe Biden:

Relive his glorious youth where he singlehandedly faced down a notorious gang member named Corn Pop.

Surely a little interview isn't too scary for the Great Joe Biden, right?

LMMFAO!

Vic Eldred
2.1.6  Vic Eldred  replied to  r.t..b... @2.1    one week ago
Couldn't have gone any worse for the incumbent either.

He's currently down, but NEVER out!

They are both at a loss 

I have to disagree with that. You can vote against - and thanks for proving my point - that is all a Biden vote amounts to!   The rest of the people, once they overcome their current fear will come out and vote in favor of the very thing I believe in.

Tessylo
2.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.1    one week ago

tRump can't do a simple interview.

That scumbag isn't leading the country in the first place.  

Texan1211
2.1.8  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.7    one week ago
tRump can't do a simple interview.

Facts clearly show that Trump DID do the interview.

The topic isn't Trump, though.

The topic is Hidin' Joe Biden refusing an interview.

Please stay on topic.

Tessylo
2.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.8    one week ago
Yes, clearly, he did do the 'interview'.  Here is the entire interview:
"PERSON, WOMAN, MAN, CAMERA, TV"

Vic Eldred
2.1.10  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.9    one week ago

Wha???

Texan1211
2.1.11  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.9    one week ago

Do you understand that the article is about Hidin' Biden refusing the interview?

Please stay on topic.

Thank you.

Vic Eldred
2.1.12  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.11    one week ago

Oh, ya, they understand. This Forum is like a microcosm of the nation. We have about 20-25 people who are vocal. While about 2,000 per day read these articles & posts. That majority looks at so many of these seeds & articles being derailed with a lot nasty smearing and they don't join in. Those people do have opinions and they outnumber the vocal minority. We will hear from them when it counts.

Tessylo
2.1.13  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.12    one week ago

Oh ya, we do, we see very well who is doing the 'nasty smearing and derailing' on so many of these seeds and articles, oh ya!!

TᵢG
3  TᵢG    one week ago

I am quite concerned about Biden's cognitive abilities, but, then again, what PotUS would say something like this in public?:

"Let Biden sit through an interview like this, he'll be on the ground crying for mommy. He'll say 'Mommy, mommy, please take me home,' " Trump said.

We have the choice of a petulant man-child vs. potential cognitive impairment   Could we fast forward to 2024 please?  

Texan1211
3.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @3    one week ago

What exactly does Trump have to do with Hidin' Joe Biden refusing an interview?

TᵢG
3.1.1  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1    one week ago

Did you notice that I used a quote from this seed as the context for my comment?   That makes my comment immediately on topic.

Further, per the seed, Trump has encouraged this interview:

"In our interview last week with President Trump, he questioned whether his Democratic opponent, Joe Biden, could handle a similar encounter," Wallace said. "This week, we asked the Biden campaign for an interview and they said the former vice president was not available."

Finally, the interview is part of the campaign process.  Biden is running for PotUS.   His opponent is Trump.

I am sure I could offer plenty more reasons why it makes sense to speak of both Biden and Trump, but this should suffice.

Texan1211
3.1.2  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @3.1.1    one week ago

Look, there are plenty of articles here that fit into the "I Hate Trump" category.

Please don't derail this one, which is NOT about Trump, but about Hidin' Biden refusing an interview.

TᵢG
3.1.3  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.2    one week ago

Look, instead of providing a thoughtful response to my comment (or just ignoring it), you chose to challenge its validity.   I addressed your petty challenge.

Now you try to spin my comment into 'I Hate Trump' and accuse me of derailing to attack Trump.

Offer something other than pointless trolling.

Texan1211
3.1.4  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @3.1.3    one week ago

Stay on topic or leave.

TᵢG
3.1.5  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.4    one week ago

Hey, Texan, as seeder you get to deem off-topic.  But you do have limitations.   Your right to deem something off-topic as seeder does not include deeming off-topic that which responds to content within the seed itself.  

You are attempting to abuse your right as seeder to engage in trolling (and derailing your own seed as a consequence).   I advise you to cease.

Texan1211
3.1.6  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @3.1.5    one week ago

I will tell you nicely one more time.

Stay on topic or leave, please.

TᵢG
3.1.7  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1    one week ago

Read your seed:

Fox News's Chris Wallace informed viewers on Sunday that presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden's campaign said the former vice president was "not available" for an interview after President Trump said Biden couldn't handle tough questioning from the "Fox News Sunday" host.

© Getty Images Fox's Chris Wallace says Biden campaign turned down interview request: 'We'll keep asking'

"We'll keep asking every week," he added.

Fox's Chris Wallace: "In our interview last week with President Trump, he questioned whether his opponent Joe Biden could handle a similar encounter. Well, we asked the Biden campaign for an interview and they said the former VP was not available. We'll keep asking every week."

After his interview with Trump, Wallace said Biden should sit down for extended questioning.

"The fact is, the president is out there. He's out there in this broiling heat with me for an hour, took all the questions," Wallace told anchor Bret Baier last Monday. "You can like his answers or dislike them, but he had answers, and Joe Biden hasn't faced that kind of scrutiny, hasn't faced that kind of exposure."

"You've got to feel at some point he's going to come out from the basement," Wallace continued. "He's going to have to be more exposed and take questions just as tough as the ones I asked this president."

Trump told Wallace in his July 19 interview that Biden would be "crying for mommy" if he were subjected to the same kinds of questions.

"Well we've asked him for an interview, sir," Wallace replied.

"He can't do an interview. He's incompetent," Trump added.

Biden has held one press conference in the past 105 days. The former vice president also did not take questions from reporters after two major policy speeches in the past two weeks.

Texan1211
3.1.8  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @3.1.7    one week ago

I read it BEFORE I posted it.

Please don't repost the entire seed.

It is already available for all who care to read it, and the comments are for those who can stay on topic.

Last time.

Stay on topic or leave.

TᵢG
3.1.9  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.8    one week ago

The annotations in blue are addressing the question you asked me.

Texan1211
3.1.10  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @3.1.9    one week ago

I asked specifically this:

Your non-answer covered a lot of ground, but never did say what Trump has to do with Biden refusing the interview.

Please stay on topic or leave.

Thank you.

TᵢG
3.1.11  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.10    one week ago
I asked specifically this:   What exactly does Trump have to do with Hidin' Joe Biden refusing an interview?

The first time you asked that I gave you a pointed answer @3.1.1 and you tried to deem that off-topic.   Now I show in blue where this seed establishes Trump as an active agent in the 'interview push' and contains several of his quotes on this matter.   You deem that off-topic.  

I suggest you stop playing tin-horn dictator and allow us to make comments on this topic without your badgering.    This seed brings Trump directly into the equation so deeming any inclusion of Trump in responses as off-topic is an abuse of your privilege.

That established, yet again, do you have anything thoughtful to offer on what I said?   If not, not replying would be a good choice.

Texan1211
3.1.12  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @3.1.11    one week ago

I am deeply sorry you can't recognize that the topic is Hidin' Biden.

Carry on.

Ozzwald
3.1.13  Ozzwald  replied to  TᵢG @3.1.11    one week ago
That established, yet again, do you have anything thoughtful to offer on what I said?   If not, not replying would be a good choice.

Next step will be for him to do a nonsense reply to your comment, then shutdown all comments, so he can have the last word.  Not for the 1st time.

JBB
3.1.14  JBB  replied to  Ozzwald @3.1.13    one week ago

At least he is trolling his own article here. I can ignore it. That is not so easy on my articles...

This will get flagged and deleted. I don't care!

Vic Eldred
3.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @3    one week ago
Could we fast forward to 2024 please?  

No dogs in this hunt?

TᵢG
3.2.1  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2    one week ago

Neither of these dogs can hunt.

Sean Treacy
4  Sean Treacy    one week ago

What’s Biden afraid of? He ca lie, stop speaking mid sentence and otherwise speak in Non sequiters and his msm cheerleading squad will excuse everything as a gaffe. He’s James stockdale with good press.

loki12
4.1  loki12  replied to  Sean Treacy @4    one week ago

And 100 less IQ points than Admiral Stockdale.

loki12
5  loki12    one week ago

loki12
6  loki12    one week ago

loki12
7  loki12    one week ago

TᵢG
8  TᵢG    one week ago
Biden has held one press conference in the past 105 days. The former vice president also did not take questions from reporters after two major policy speeches in the past two weeks. Biden leads in the RealClearPolitics index of polls in several key states Trump captured in 2016, including by 7.8 points in Florida, 7.4 points in Pennsylvania, 8.4 points in Michigan and 6.4 points in Wisconsin.

Looks like the Biden camp is seeing good results by limiting Joe's exposure.   It is an interesting dynamic to see a challenger's campaign against an incumbent make headway by essentially keeping the candidate out of the fray and letting the incumbent do all the talking.

Hard to say how much of this is planned, but seeing how Trump responds (very poorly) when he is backed into a corner, this strategy (if it is one) looks to be effective. 

Biden certainly could do more harm to himself than good;  it is best (for his campaign) that he not do the interview.   No doubt his campaign will seek to coast as long as they possibly can.

Texan1211
8.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @8    one week ago

Thank you for your on-topic post.

TᵢG
8.1.1  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1    one week ago

A gratuitous passive aggressive quip instead of a thoughtful reply to what I posted.

Looks to me as though Biden is letting Trump take himself down.   Surely you have an opinion on that. 

Texan1211
8.1.2  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.1    one week ago

I have an opinion, but you wouldn't like it.

I thanked you for your on topic post.

Don't screw all that up now by getting personal.

Vic Eldred
8.1.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.1    one week ago
Looks to me as though Biden is letting Trump take himself down. 

I thought you said you had no dogs in this hunt?

TᵢG
8.1.4  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.3    one week ago

I wrote @3.2.1 that neither dog can hunt.   What about my comment leads you to believe that I think Biden can hunt?

TᵢG
8.1.5  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1.2    one week ago
I have an opinion, but you wouldn't like it.

You hold back your opinion when you think I would disapprove??

Vic Eldred
8.1.6  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.4    one week ago
What about my comment leads you to believe that I think Biden can hunt?

Does that mean Biden can't withstand a real 1 hour interview out in the DC heat?

TᵢG
8.1.7  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.6    one week ago
Does that mean Biden can't withstand a real 1 hour interview out in the DC heat?

I would imagine that he could.   But chances are good that Biden will do himself more harm than good.   If his campaign holds that opinion too then it makes good sense to keep Joe out of the limelight as much as possible.  

Your reply, by the way, has nothing to do with Biden as a potential PotUS.   I am not thrilled with either Biden or Trump as PotUS.   Neither of these dogs can hunt IMO.

Vic Eldred
8.1.8  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.7    one week ago

I just wanted the clarification.

My opinion is a bit different from yours. IMO there is no way on earth that Biden could have handled that interview!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
8.1.9  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.8    one week ago

On Fox, he is on enemy turf. Why would he want to do an interview there? Do you think Trump would want to do MSNBC? I think not.

A perfect representation of this is NT. Most people go to the articles that are produced by their team and not the others. Tig and I are one of the few who go to any article, because we are none partisans. But partisans want to be interviewed by people who will put them in the best light, not the worst. 

TᵢG
8.1.10  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.8    one week ago
My opinion is a bit different from yours. IMO there is no way on earth that Biden could have handled that interview!

That is too negative for me.   As I noted, the campaign would be wise to think that Biden would likely do more harm than good.   So staying away from a Fox interview makes good campaign sense.  

Vic Eldred
8.1.11  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @8.1.9    one week ago
On Fox, he is on enemy turf.

Oh come on...Barak Obama was interviewed by Fox news - even by Bill O'Reilly.

A perfect representation of this is NT. Most people go to the articles that are produced by their team and not the others. Tig and I are one of the few who go to any article, because we are none partisans. But partisans want to be interviewed by people who will put them in the best light, not the worst. 

The seeder of this very seed goes everywhere. Haven't you noticed?

You and TiG are non partisan?  You also have no dogs in the hunt?  Stuck in the middle with TiG?  I suppose there are those who don't like either candidate.

Vic Eldred
8.1.12  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.10    one week ago
So staying away from a Fox interview makes good campaign sense.  

It's the biggest audience he could have!

Texan1211
8.1.13  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.5    one week ago
You hold back your opinion when you think I would disapprove??

Is that what you read?

TᵢG
8.1.14  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.12    one week ago
It's the biggest audience he could have!

But, per the reasoning I offered, that makes it even worse.   If the campaign has calculated that Biden is likely to cause himself more harm than good then it makes no sense to have him enter the limelight.   He should be limited to small, brief, controlled exposures not a lengthy, probative interview with someone as sharp as Chris Wallace.

Sean Treacy
8.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  TᵢG @8    one week ago
oks like the Biden camp is seeing good results by limiting Joe's exposure.

Oh 100%.  It makes sense. Biden can only hurt himself by talking in public.  The media attacks Trump for him, so all he has to do is stay of the way and hope people remember the 2008 version of himself. 

TᵢG
8.2.1  TᵢG  replied to  Sean Treacy @8.2    one week ago

I agree.   Biden should coast as long as possible.   As long as the polls look good for him, Trump will continue to freak out and convince more people that he is not in control of his own campaign much less being in control of the economy and the pandemic.

Vic Eldred
8.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @8    one week ago
this strategy (if it is one) looks to be effective. 

Only if those poll numbers we are being fed are real!

TᵢG
8.3.1  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.3    one week ago

Well we will not know until election day.   It is difficult to imagine polls like that by Fox being biased to Biden.

Ultimately, if the electorate believes Trump can bring back our economy and that Biden cannot, Trump wins.  

If the electorate is undecided on who is best for the economy, Biden will likely win.

If the pandemic impact continues to November and people continue to be stressed, Biden will win.

IMO

Vic Eldred
8.3.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @8.3.1    one week ago
It is difficult to imagine polls like that by Fox being biased to Biden.

It's very easy if people are afraid to give an opinion. Do you think there are people who have been somewhat intimidated lately, TiG?

Ultimately, if the electorate believes Trump can bring back our economy 

That's a big question. Will he be blamed for the pandemic and following Dr Fauci's recommendations and shutting down that tremendous economy?

If the electorate is undecided on who is best for the economy, Biden will likely win.

Oh, yes, the topic here - Biden avoiding a real interview!  He will need to avoid the debates as well, don't you think?

If the pandemic impact continues to November and people continue to be stressed, Biden will win.

That is the view of others as well. As if Biden will be able to end the pandemic!

TᵢG
8.3.3  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.3.2    one week ago
Do you think there are people who have been somewhat intimidated lately, TiG?

If that is your hypothesis, make your case.   I can comment if a case is made.  

That's a big question. Will he be blamed for the pandemic and following Dr Fauci's recommendations and shutting down that tremendous economy?

Very likely.   There will not be a lot reasoning taking place; the electorate (taken as a whole) ultimately operates on simplistic factors.   If the economy is good, Trump has an advantage.   If not, Biden might have an advantage.  

Oh, yes, the topic here - Biden avoiding a real interview!  He will need to avoid the debates as well, don't you think?

Yes, I suspect his campaign is seriously at work trying to minimize his exposure via debate.

That is the view of others as well. As if Biden will be able to end the pandemic!

Again think simplistically like the electorate as a whole.   This will likely be a case of:  'Trump is not solving the problem so let's try his alternative'.

Vic Eldred
8.3.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @8.3.3    one week ago
If that is your hypothesis, make your case.   I can comment if a case is made.  

It involves this Poll:

https://www.cato.org/blog/poll-71-americans-say-political-correctness-has-silenced-discussions-society-needs-have-58-have

If that poll is true, we can start dismissing all the polls we have been hearing about for the past 2 months.

TᵢG
8.3.5  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.3.4    one week ago

I would not advise thinking that this one factor warrants dismissing all the polls.   That would be heavy confirmation bias IMO.

Personally, the polls (collectively) influence my thinking when they show clear advantage for one candidate.   And even then we see from 2016 how wrong that can be.  

My sense is that Trump is losing support on a daily basis.   Until the electorate is free of the pressures of the stifled economy and the stress of dealing with this pandemic, Trump (as sitting PotUS) will take the blame.   This is historical and there is no reason why Trump would be immune to this effect.

Biden, as the challenger, has an advantage that he 'could' do a better job than Trump in the critical areas:  economy, pandemic, demeanor.   Biden should thus hide his own negatives (by not appearing) and let his positives (which are Trump's negatives) ferment in the minds of the electorate.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
8.3.6  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.3.4    one week ago

I tend to read all the polls with some skepticism. That being said, I think that Real Clear Politics, which shows all the polls, gives a fuller perspective. 

evilgenius
8.3.7  evilgenius  replied to  TᵢG @8.3.5    one week ago
And even then we see from 2016 how wrong that can be.  

The poll aggregate on election day for Clinton was +3.8 with an margin of error at +/- 4.

evilgenius
8.3.8  evilgenius  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @8.3.6    one week ago

RPC and FiveThirtyEight are as good as it gets. The trick is not to focus on any one poll, but to watch how the numbers are trending. 

loki12
9  loki12    one week ago

Over and under that Joe Dementia tries to back out of the debates?

bonus points, over and under that the moderators does everything in their power to protect him from that mean old trump?

loki12
10  loki12    one week ago

If Joe Dementia is afraid of Chris Wallace, Putin is going to own this cowards ass like he did Barry.

Texan1211
11  seeder  Texan1211    one week ago

Closing the article because too many can't grasp the topic.

Thanks to those who participated on topic.

Texan1211
12  seeder  Texan1211    one week ago

Let's try one more time.

Buzz of the Orient
13  Buzz of the Orient    one week ago

I watched a Fox News interview not long ago on the Fox News website, and at the time I wondered why anyone with a brain in their head would submit to one, and that was an interview with Pompeo.