TRUMP SUGGESTS DELAYING THE ELECTION

Category:  News & Politics

By:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  174 comments

TRUMP SUGGESTS DELAYING THE ELECTION

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

-

-

With Universal Mail-In Voting (not Absentee Voting, which is good), 2020 will be the most INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT Election in history. It will be a great embarrassment to the USA. Delay the Election until people can properly, securely and safely vote???

7:46 AM · Jul 30, 2020 · Twitter for iPhone

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    4 years ago

It's time for a SERIOUS impeachment. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

No John, he just wants to keep the attention focused on the Democrats traditional history of election cheating that has gone on for decades.

Boxes of mailed in ballots in Democrat strongholds have a way of magically appearing days after the election.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1    4 years ago

Source for that bit of pull-it-out-of-your-nether-regions?

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.2  Dulay  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1    4 years ago

Well gee Greg, the most recent example of mail in ballot fraud was the large scale fraud by GOP in North Carolina. 

Eat The Press Do Not Read It
Professor Guide
1.1.3  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1    4 years ago

There is no evidence of that Greg Jones. What there is evidence of is Florida disqualifying 800,000 Democrat ballots in 2016.

Voter suppression is a plank of the GOP!

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.6  Dulay  replied to  gooseisgone @1.1.4    4 years ago

Trump doesn't give a fuck about cheating as long it's in his favor. He's been a cheat all of his life. 

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.2  SteevieGee  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

I say move it up.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago
It's time for a SERIOUS impeachment.

Oh? The Dems were just fucking around last time?

LOL!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

Congrats John, You were right on it! The tweet of all tweets!!!!

Doesn't that just gall ya?  Hillary warned us as soon as the Coronavirus shut down the economy!  Don't let him do it, John!

Professor Guide
1.5  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

Thank God, even the Republican co-conspirators in his party finally spoke out in public against Trump's "Hair Brain" idea to delay the election.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.5.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @1.5    4 years ago

I must say I was very surprised at how the Republicans who normally kiss his red raspberry were firmly and unanimously against it. And I think for his response to them, he was very surprised as well. I don't think any Republicans have ever rejected anything he wanted to do with such vigor and unity. It must have been a real shock to him after being spoon fed by McConnell and his devoted colleagues. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2  Trout Giggles    4 years ago

Uh, no. He sounds like he wants suspend the Constitution!

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Trout Giggles @2    4 years ago

What part of the Constitution would that be?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1    4 years ago

Article II

Section 1

The executive Power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America. He shall hold his Office during the Term of four Years, and, together with the Vice President, chosen for the same Term, be elected, as follows

Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress: but no Senator or Representative, or Person holding an Office of Trust or Profit under the United States, shall be appointed an Elector.

The Electors shall meet in their respective States, and vote by Ballot for two Persons, of whom one at least shall not be an Inhabitant of the same State with themselves. And they shall make a List of all the Persons voted for, and of the Number of Votes for each; which List they shall sign and certify, and transmit sealed to the Seat of the Government of the United States, directed to the President of the Senate. The President of the Senate shall, in the presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the Certificates, and the Votes shall then be counted. The Person having the greatest Number of Votes shall be the President, if such Number be a Majority of the whole Number of Electors appointed; and if there be more than one who have such Majority, and have an equal Number of Votes, then the House of Representatives shall immediately chuse by Ballot one of them for President; and if no Person have a Majority, then from the five highest on the List the said House shall in like manner chuse the President. But in chusing the President, the Votes shall be taken by States, the Representation from each State having one Vote; A quorum for this Purpose shall consist of a Member or Members from two thirds of the States, and a Majority of all the States shall be necessary to a Choice. In every Case, after the Choice of the President, the Person having the greatest Number of Votes of the Electors shall be the Vice President. But if there should remain two or more who have equal Votes, the Senate shall chuse from them by Ballot the Vice President.

The Congress may determine the Time of chusing the Electors, and the Day on which they shall give their Votes; which Day shall be the same throughout the United States.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.1    4 years ago

That’s odd.  He never mentioned changing the inauguration date for the following presidential term nor did he suggest postponing the date the electoral college shall meet to do their thing either.  

Professor Guide
2.1.3  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.2    4 years ago

Trump is odd. He proposed it on Twitter and has floated the idea many times as well.

Professor Guide
2.1.4  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.2    4 years ago

Trump is odd. He proposed it on Twitter and has floated the idea many times as well.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2.1.5  cjcold  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.2    4 years ago

Since the coronavirus isn't going to go away anytime soon, it would seem Trump wants to be president for life (he got the idea from his buddy Vlad the Impaler).

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.1.6  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @2.1.3    4 years ago

Trump is odd

I have feet that are two different sizes.  That is odd.  I had a horse that was in love with a cow.  That was odd. I alphabetize my can goods.  That is odd.  Trump is not odd.  He is full blown over the cuckoo's nest bat shit crazy.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  Trout Giggles @2    4 years ago

No, he just wanted to see liberals heads explode.  

Professor Guide
2.3  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Trout Giggles @2    4 years ago

He has on many, many occasions suspended the Constitution, since he has NEVER read it and has no one but William Barr to advise him.

Professor Guide
2.4  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Trout Giggles @2    4 years ago

He has on many, many occasions suspended the Constitution, since he has NEVER read it and has no one but William Barr to advise him.

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.4.1  bugsy  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @2.4    4 years ago

Please stop posting the same thing twice. Bullshit once is once too many.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3  Tessylo    4 years ago

How can tRump say this when he has been a mail in voter?  He knows he'll lose with Universal mail in voting.  He's said as much.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @3    4 years ago
How can tRump say this when he has been a mail in voter?  He knows he'll lose with Universal mail in voting.  He's said as much.  

Well, if that is true, perhaps some Democrats can finally stop whining about "voter suppression".

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1    4 years ago

Speaking of whining . . . 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.1    4 years ago
Speaking of whining . . . 

Why, yes, yes, I did!

Right there in black and white:

Democrats can finally stop whining about 

Professor Guide
3.1.3  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1    4 years ago

Trump's comments about "suspending the Presidential Election" do not disturb you?

Is it only the Democrat's objections to his UnConstitutional proposals that alarms you?

Ender
Professor Principal
3.2  Ender  replied to  Tessylo @3    4 years ago

I saw an interview that someone was doing with him last night, before he decided to run for pres.

They followed donald around for him to vote. The dumbass went to several wrong polling places and finally said screw this, he was going to vote absentee....

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  Ender @3.2    4 years ago

Once a freaking moron, always a freaking moron . . . 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tessylo @3    4 years ago

Trump's credo is...Do as I say, not what I do.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4  Buzz of the Orient    4 years ago

Is there anyone who didn't expect him to want to delay it?  

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
4.1  SteevieGee  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4    4 years ago

By delay he really means abolish.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  SteevieGee @4.1    4 years ago

Insane rubbish.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.1    4 years ago

Exactly.  I wonder when Zi will stand for public election?  

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
4.1.3  Raven Wing  replied to  SteevieGee @4.1    4 years ago

And surprising, and likely to Trump too, McConnell and many other Republicans flat out said no way will that happen. Not only does he not have the authority to do, but, there is no reason at all to do it. I think that by the adamant rejection of that idea Trump found himself on the outside looking in at the time and was scared at what he saw and heard. None of his cronies and butt kissers have ever been that outspoken and unanimously reject his 'plan'. He seemed to be very taken aback at their unanimous standing. And it was not just a "I don't think you have the power to do so", it was more of a "Not only no, but, HELL no!" tone to their reactions.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4    4 years ago

I was kind of wondering, what would happen if the American voters became totally convinced that Trump was right, that the election could not possibly be valid, that the result had to be faulty and the result had to be a complete travesty..........and he actually wins the election?

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
4.2.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.2    4 years ago

Trump will just declare the mail-in voting was all fraud and deny the results valid if he loses. And of course, he will have all his sheep willing to support his lie. He will refuse to leave the WH until the SCOTUS verifies the election in valid. That he hopes will give him more time in the WH to figure out a way to keep from leaving.

But, he will implode when he finds out that his Buds on the SCOTUS won't lie for him, and respect the Constitution.

Plus, Trump has no one but himself for the COVID-19 getting so out of hand. That is why he is trying to blame China for creating the virus in one of its labs, then sending it to the US. And if he had not tried to convince the American people that is was no dangerous and there was no real threat, which was totally opposite from what the experts were warning, it likely would not have spread as it did.

Some of his supporters are threatening to start a war if anyone tries to make Trump leave the WH, even if he does not win the election, which they hope will scare the people into voting for him in order to avoid a full out war.

I do not want a war, but, it would be interesting to see how his supporters with war guns would fare against the US military with all its military equipment and numbers. They live in a fantasy would, thinking they are invincible. jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.2.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Raven Wing @4.2.1    4 years ago

Yesterday an old Hollywood movie was shown here - 30 Seconds Over Tokyo.  It was about the first American bombers to bomb Japan during WW2, and they had to end up in China.  The Chinese people saved the crews' lives, protected them from the Japanese and provided whatever medical care they could, and the Americans said lot of really nice things about the Chinese people.  I was just thinking how antithetical it is today, to have heard Americans saying nice things about the Chinese. As well, they were to get themselves to Chunking (the name at that time for Chongqing, where I live) that city being mentioned many times, in order to be as safe as possible and from there get themselves back to America.  Chongqing is where the American Flying Tigers were based. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.2.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Raven Wing @4.2.1    4 years ago

By the way, starting a war might be the only way left for Trump to unify the country behind him, and I am really concerned that he is insane enough to do it.  God forbid what will happen to all of us, you and me, if he pushes the button. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
4.2.4  Raven Wing  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.2.3    4 years ago

Living in the world we do now, with the insane, power hungry narcissist in the WH I would not put is behind those like him would do anything he asked of them, even killing their own people.

However, I think you have to consider those in the Pentagon and Congress that, while Trumps armed militias might try to start something, our men in uniform in the Pentagon have had them in their sights for a looong time, and the minute they try to start something they will be quickly 6 feet under.

Thus, the likelihood of there being any kind of outright war is slim and none. And, the majority of the American people know this as well. We had one war that split this country and its people and no one wants to see that happen again.

So I am not going to lose any sleep worrying about an all out war with Trumps rabid and brainless supporters. It may be their dream, but, that is all it will ever be. 

Treason is not something to take lightly.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
4.2.5  Raven Wing  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.2.2    4 years ago
Chongqing is where the American Flying Tigers were based. 

Very Interesting Buzz. I had a 3rd Cousin who flew with the Flying Tigers during the war. Unfortunately, he didn't make home.  I never met him, but, my Father told me about it when I was older. 

Which proves, there is always a job that needs someone to do it. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.2.6  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.2    4 years ago

There is such a simple way to negate any argument that mail in can be fraudulent.  Every post office would have a separate container for mail in votes only.  A guard is placed with the container.  At the end of the voting day, the container is transferred to say a armored car.  A R/D/I representative will accompany the containers to its final destination.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5  author  JohnRussell    4 years ago

This is a bridge too far, although one Trump seems happy to cross. 

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
5.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  JohnRussell @5    4 years ago

The question is going to be are his followers going to follow him over the bridge, or are they going to support the US Constitution, and what was normal up to 2015.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @5.1    4 years ago

Of course they will follow him over the bridge, just as the rats followed the Pied Piper.  Have you ever seen even ONCE that one of his followers has disagreed with ANYTHING he said or did.  To them, their demi-god can do no wrong nor say anything wrong.  It's as if they have granted him total control over their brains.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5.1.1    4 years ago

That’s the cult of Winnie the Pooh chairman Zi

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1.3  XXJefferson51  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5.1.1    4 years ago

[deleted]

[deleted]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6  XXJefferson51    4 years ago

It’s just a way to move the discussion of the election away from an all mail in election which would be a total fraud.  In most polling places the voting booths are more than 6 feet apart and volunteers can wear masks as can voters in line if they can’t social distance.  We need strictly in person voting except for traditional absentee ballots.  Vote on time, safely, and without fraud in person.   

JBB
Professor Principal
6.1  JBB  replied to  XXJefferson51 @6    4 years ago

Trump is losing so he wants to stop our election.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @6.1    4 years ago

Losing BIGLY and he's desperate to stay out of FEDERAL PRISON also. . . 

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.2  Dulay  replied to  XXJefferson51 @6    4 years ago
It’s just a way to move the discussion of the election away from an all mail in election which would be a total fraud.  

There is NO empirical evidence of mail in voting being a 'total fraud'. 

In most polling places the voting booths are more than 6 feet apart and volunteers can wear masks as can voters in line if they can’t social distance.  

States that required in person voting for the primary found it almost impossible to get enough volunteers to man the polling places. In the best of times tens of MILLIONS of voters stand outside in long lines for HOURS. Add to that social distancing and sanitation between each voter. 

My polling place for the last 4 elections is a volunteer firehouse that usually has 3 poll workers and multiple voters in a 20' x 20' room with ONE entry and exit making social distancing IMPOSSIBLE. 

We need strictly in person voting except for traditional absentee ballots.  

Traditionally, voters with disabilities are also allowed to vote by mail. The exact SAME ballot is used. During the pandemic, pre-existing conditions or being over 65 IS a disability. 

Vote on time, safely, and without fraud in person.  

In person voter fraud is statistically infinitesimal. Just stop. 

Ender
Professor Principal
6.2.1  Ender  replied to  Dulay @6.2    4 years ago

Just looking at the disaster voting was in some of the primary elections, I can see why people would want a mail in ballot.

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
6.3  Account Deleted  replied to  XXJefferson51 @6    4 years ago

Amazing how Republican concern for the health  of voters has lead to the closing of hundreds to thousands of polling places in Republican controlled states.

Oddly the Republicans seem to care more for the health of Democrats than Republicans as reflected by the locations closed.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.3.1  Tessylo  replied to  Account Deleted @6.3    4 years ago

Interesting how those closed polling locations are where primarily Black and Latino voters, and lower income voters, vote . . . . . 

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
6.3.2  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Account Deleted @6.3    4 years ago

You noticed that too.

Another funny point...... Since when has Trump given a damn about those infected and deaths from Covid till now? 

Just call it for what it is..... more Trump bullshit.  Besides he can't delay it..... I think only congress can, and they won't. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
6.3.3  Raven Wing  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @6.3.2    4 years ago
They are the ones you call, "We", and, "Us"...

McConnell and many others with power have already told him he does not have the authority to do that, so he has not walked that back as well. 

And personally, I think when he loses the election, knowing he will be facing charges on a long list of crimes of various types, he may just try to seek asylum in Russia or one of this other 'friendly' countries to avoid being prosecuted.

And chances are that Melania will not go with him, not Barron. The only way they might be able to prevent him taking it on the lam is to arrest him at the WH door.

Just my own thoughts, but, as the saying goes, "Never say never", especially, when you are talking about someone who is totally out of touch with reality as Trump. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.4  XXJefferson51  replied to  XXJefferson51 @6    4 years ago

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDR2D_iAc6Q32gYUl2uRCW3PFXIiF4RMy0Upf80/?igshid=1k1ze1olfiy51

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7  author  JohnRussell    4 years ago
(CNN) President Donald Trump  explicitly floated delaying November's presidential election on Thursday, lending extraordinary voice to persistent concerns that he would seek to circumvent voting in a contest where he currently trails his opponent by double digits.

Trump has no authority to delay an election, and the Constitution gives Congress the power to set the date for voting.

But in his tweet on Thursday morning -- coming 96 days before the election and minutes after the federal government reported the worst economic contraction in recorded history -- Trump offered the suggestion because he claimed without evidence the contest will be flawed.

"With Universal Mail-In Voting (not Absentee Voting, which is good), 2020 will be the most INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT Election in history. It will be a great embarrassment to the USA," he wrote. "Delay the Election until people can properly, securely and safely vote???"

There is  no evidence  that mail-in voting leads to fraud.
Trump has previously sought to stoke fear and lay the groundwork to question the election's results by promoting the idea that mail-in voting leads to widespread fraud and a "rigged" election.

His tweet comes as a spate of recent polling in battleground states -- and even states he won handily in 2016 -- show him trailing or virtually tied with former Vice President Joe Biden, and widespread disapproval of his handling of the pandemic.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
7.1  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @7    4 years ago
the worst economic contraction in recorded history --
Thanks to the China virus which escaped (?) from a lab in Wuhan

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Greg Jones @7.1    4 years ago

And thanks to your president if he had gotten a handle on this virus from the beginning we might not have such a horrible economy

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
7.1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.1.1    4 years ago

He got a handle on earlier than any Democrat would have thanks to his business experience and industry contacts.

Thanks to his leadership the economy is recovering quite nicely in spite of the Democrat efforts to slow it down and suppress it with yet more lockdowns. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Greg Jones @7.1.2    4 years ago

oh please. Go tell that to someone who wants to buy a bridge in the middle of the Sahara Desert

Dulay
Professor Expert
7.1.4  Dulay  replied to  Greg Jones @7.1.2    4 years ago

On what planet is any of that true? 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.1.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  Dulay @7.1.4    4 years ago

Maybe Zeta Reticula?

devangelical
Professor Principal
7.1.6  devangelical  replied to  Greg Jones @7.1.2    4 years ago

go hang out with a lot of other trumpsters without a mask...

cjcold
Professor Quiet
7.1.7  cjcold  replied to  Greg Jones @7.1.2    4 years ago

Seem to recall that Trump ran the vast majority of his businesses into the ground then left his stockholders holding an empty bag. He's doing the same to America.

We've all seen what happens when states, localities and businesses open too early. There are spikes in new cases and spikes in deaths due to it.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.2  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @7    4 years ago

He also doesn't want Universal Mail in voting/ballots because of the rigged voting machines - which were all shown to flip democrat votes to republican . . . 

lady in black
Professor Quiet
8  lady in black    4 years ago

NO WAY....Fuck off orange conman, ain't going to happen

devangelical
Professor Principal
9  devangelical    4 years ago

no worries. only congress can delay an election.

Kavika
Professor Principal
9.1  Kavika   replied to  devangelical @9    4 years ago

Correct, Trump can blow hot air all day long but cannot change the date of the election.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
9.1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Kavika @9.1    4 years ago

Everybody knows that, but the very idea sure gets Democrat underwear tied up in knots because they believe everything he says.

Kavika
Professor Principal
9.1.2  Kavika   replied to  Greg Jones @9.1.1    4 years ago

LOL, please Greg you have, as usual, you have no idea what you're talking about. 

I would suggest that most Democrats don't believe the word of a world class liar. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
9.1.3  Raven Wing  replied to  Greg Jones @9.1.1    4 years ago
but the very idea sure gets Democrat underwear tied up in knots because they believe everything he says.

No, not because they believe everything he says, it's because they know that everything he says is a freakin' lie! Trump has lied so much in his life that he would not know the truth if it bit him in the upper lip.  

It's only fools that believe him.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Greg Jones @9.1.1    4 years ago

That's why you visit this forum, isn't it? You need your daily fix of pissing off liberals

devangelical
Professor Principal
9.1.5  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @9.1.4    4 years ago

he's been pissed off ever since trumpski admitted the birth certificate was real.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  Kavika @9.1.2    4 years ago
I would suggest that most Democrats don't believe the word of a world class liar. 

Then why the uproar?

devangelical
Professor Principal
9.1.7  devangelical  replied to  Greg Jones @9.1.1    4 years ago

POS/POTUS doesn't seem to know it...

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
9.1.8  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Raven Wing @9.1.3    4 years ago

And at this point, with what everybody knows now, only fools would defend him.  Watch those fools try to deflect from his ignoring warnings, totally blotching containment (there are countries that have done it successfully but they don't have imbecile leaders who personally display dangerous examples), and those kow-towing fools think that American voters are so ignorant that they can be deflected from the truth by his blaming others for his incompetence. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
9.1.9  Raven Wing  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @9.1.8    4 years ago
only fools would defend him. 

Agree. They are the only ones who have been defending him all along. Not much new there. But, the one thing that is really bothering some people in Congress, whose who are also up for election this Nov, is that they are finally waking up to the reality that their undying devotion to Trump at this point could jeopardize their chance of re-election or election. Their loyalty seems to be fading when it comes to them being re-elected or Trump. I think most people will know who they will pick.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @9    4 years ago

So why do so many here have their panties all twisted up over this??

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.2  Texan1211  replied to    4 years ago
For fook sakes, Tex...do you dismiss the implications of an incumbent arbitrarily postponing an election...even if it is put forth in ignorance?

Has he actually cancelled or delayed any election? Dors he even have the power to do so?

For fook's sake, no need to get all worked up over what "might, maybe, perhaps" happen.

And you should know that.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
9.2.4  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Texan1211 @9.2.2    4 years ago
worked up over what "might, maybe, perhaps" happen.

Ahhhh yes the good old days...............

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.2.5  author  JohnRussell  replied to    4 years ago

Your general run of the mill Trump cultists takes him seriously when he says "lock her up" or "the wall is being built" , both of which were not true or applicable , as well as many other untrue or inappropriate things he says, but when he says maybe we should delay the election they say it is no big deal. 

I am going to be so glad when we get Trump out of there so these cultists will have a little less shifting ground to stand on. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.2.6  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @9.2.2    4 years ago

Have any other of the incumbent presidents suggested delaying the election for their second term? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.7  Texan1211  replied to    4 years ago

Maybe he just likes toying with dumbass Democrats and does stuff to see how far they'll go with their insane theories.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.2.8  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @9.2.7    4 years ago

Maybe Trump cultists just enjoy looking like fools. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.9  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @9.2.8    4 years ago
Maybe Trump cultists just enjoy looking like fools.

Let me make the necessary adjustment for you:

Maybe Trump cultists just enjoy looking AT fools.

LOL!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.10  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @9.2.6    4 years ago
Have any other of the incumbent presidents suggested delaying the election for their second term? 

Not that I know of. Why? Have any had a pandemic of these proportions?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.12  Texan1211  replied to    4 years ago

[deleted]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.2.13  author  JohnRussell  replied to    4 years ago

They have no standards they hold Trump to. None. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.14  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @9.2.13    4 years ago

Who is the mysterious "they"?

JBB
Professor Principal
9.2.16  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @9.2.14    4 years ago

They are the ones you call, "We", and, "Us"...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.17  Texan1211  replied to    4 years ago
Given your obvious inability or unwillingness to engage, the answer rendered will perfectly suffice.

Oh, good. You have no idea the weight off of my shoulders now. Whew!

Be safe, Tex, in whatever quarantine you reside or whatever wall (imagined or real) you cower behind.

I will always carry your concern close to my heart!

thank you.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.18  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @9.2.16    4 years ago

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.19  Texan1211  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @9.2.4    4 years ago

Well, you know what is said about what some of our liberal friends know.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
9.2.20  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @9.2.5    4 years ago

I hope Biden gets rid of that wall and sells it for scrap.

Ender
Professor Principal
9.2.21  Ender  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @9.2.20    4 years ago

Just transfer it, erect it around Mar-A-Largo.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.22  Texan1211  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @9.2.20    4 years ago

Do you mean the wall that many Democrats have consistently denied being built?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.2.23  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @9.2.22    4 years ago

I read the other day that something like 95% of the wall that has been built under Trump is merely replacement for wall that already existed but needed repair. Almost none of it covers previously uncovered border. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.2.24  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @9.2.13    4 years ago

ABSOLUTELY NONE, no bar is too low for tRump and his supporters

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.2.25  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @9.2.22    4 years ago

Why has it taken four years to build the wall ? ( what HAS been done is feeble anyway)

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.2.26  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @9.2.23    4 years ago

YUP!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.27  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @9.2.23    4 years ago

Either some of it has been built or none of it has been built--which is what many people were claiming here recently.

It simply can't be both.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
9.2.28  SteevieGee  replied to  Texan1211 @9.2.2    4 years ago

We all know that he would if he could.  That, alone, makes him unfit for office.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.29  Texan1211  replied to  SteevieGee @9.2.28    4 years ago

So you say, so you say.

No evidence, just empty words.

Dulay
Professor Expert
9.2.30  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @9.2.27    4 years ago
Either some of it has been built or none of it has been built--which is what many people were claiming here recently. It simply can't be both.

Since John said that some had been built, are you claiming none has been built? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.31  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @9.2.30    4 years ago

Clearly (for most) not.

Dulay
Professor Expert
9.2.32  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @9.2.31    4 years ago

Clearly you didn't answer my question. 

You can't have both. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
9.2.33  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Ender @9.2.21    4 years ago

jrSmiley_68_smiley_image.png jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
9.2.34  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @9.2.25    4 years ago

Wind already blew a section of it down.

Dulay
Professor Expert
9.2.35  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @9.2.10    4 years ago
Not that I know of. Why? Have any had a pandemic of these proportions?

What relevance does the pandemic have to delaying the election? 

Oh and BTFW they didn't delay the election during the 1918 Flu epidemic, so the answer to your question is yes. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.36  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @9.2.35    4 years ago
.Oh and BTFW they didn't delay the election during the 1918 Flu epidemic, so the answer to your question is yes. 

This may come as a surprise to you, BTFW, but there was no Presidential election in 1918.

So, BTFW, your answer is wrong.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.37  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @9.2.32    4 years ago
Clearly you didn't answer my question

Says you.

. You can't have both. 

I realize that.

Thanks for acknowledging my very point!!!!!!

jrSmiley_28_smiley_image.gif

Dulay
Professor Expert
9.2.38  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @9.2.36    4 years ago
So, BTFW, your answer is wrong.

Since you didn't predicate your question by limiting it to presidential elections, I'm right. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.39  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @9.2.38    4 years ago

oh FFS.

take the word games to someone else.

WTF do you think we were fucking talking about??

Never mind, I don't care.

Adios

Dulay
Professor Expert
9.2.40  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @9.2.39    4 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.41  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @9.2.40    4 years ago

[deleted, again...]

Old Hermit
Sophomore Silent
9.2.42  Old Hermit  replied to  Texan1211 @9.2.29    4 years ago
9.2.28   SteevieGee We all know that he would if he could .  That, alone, makes him unfit for office.
9.2.29   Texan1211   replied to  SteevieGee @ 9.2.28
So you say, so you say. No evidence , just empty words.

Trump praises Chinese president extending tenure 'for life'

REUTERS World News - March 3, 2018

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump praised Chinese President Xi Jinping Saturday after the ruling Communist party announced it was eliminating the two-term limit for the presidency, paving the way for Xi to serve indefinitely, according to audio aired by CNN. 

He’s now president for life, president for life. And he’s great,” Trump said, according to audio of excerpts of Trump’s remarks at a closed-door fundraiser in Florida aired by CNN. “ And look, he was able to do that. I think it’s great. Maybe we’ll have to give that a shot someday, Trump said to cheers and applause from supporters.

It is not clear if Trump, 71, was making the comment about extending presidential service in jest. The White House did not respond to a request for comment late Saturday.

U.S. Representative Ro Khanna, a Democrat, said on Twitter that “whether this was a joke or not, talking about being President for life like Xi Jinping is the most unAmerican sentiment expressed by an American President. George Washington would roll over in his grave.” 

Dulay
Professor Expert
9.2.43  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @9.2.41    4 years ago
Removed for context again

Why do you ask questions that you know are based on lies? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.44  Texan1211  replied to  Old Hermit @9.2.42    4 years ago

Well, you worry about that kind of stuff if you want.

I am a little too old and sane to be worrying about crap that won't happen.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.45  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @9.2.43    4 years ago

I have yet to see anything from you except complaints about law enforcement and talking about the "peaceful protests".

Dulay
Professor Expert
9.2.46  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @9.2.45    4 years ago
I have yet to see anything from you except complaints about law enforcement and talking about the "peaceful protests".

More lies about the content of my comments.

I invite all members to search "peaceful protests" in this seed and note that the ONLY member that has used the term is YOU.

In FACT, YOU are the first in this seed to even use the word "protest'. 

Lying about my comments is all you've got. jrSmiley_84_smiley_image.gif

cjcold
Professor Quiet
9.2.50  cjcold  replied to  Texan1211 @9.2.9    4 years ago

looking AT fools.

Is that why they go to Trump rallies without wearing face masks?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
9.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  devangelical @9    4 years ago

They won't because their own reelections would be in jeopardy if they do.

freepress
Freshman Silent
10  freepress    4 years ago

Once again, no support for our troops. Veterans vote by mail, veterans run for office and everyone with a brain knows a paper trail is the best. There are no problems with mail in voting. Voters have to have already voted, registered to vote with whatever ID is required in their home state and must fill out a form in many states as a request which provided a traceable paper trail. 

If Republicans really wanted voter ID to be a standard, then voting by mail is the gold standard. It's a felony to tamper with the US Mail.

Never mind that EVERY JOB within the USPS is and AMERICAN JOB!!!!!!! Hire more AMERICANS for AMERICAN JOBS to keep the post office running for everyone. 

I am genuinely surprised the with all the swamp drug company lobbying that goes on that these companies are not up in arms about losing drug income from all the people who order their medications by mail. UNBELIEVABLE!

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
11  Account Deleted    4 years ago

It is an interesting time for the administration to renew its war against the US Postal Service.

One of the few if only branches of the government that is not supported by tax dollars.

For years it has been the wet dream of Republicans to privatize the Post Office so that it is no longer competition to FedEx and UPS who faithfully send in their dollars to the Republican Party.

Dulay
Professor Expert
13  Dulay    4 years ago
Delay the Election until people can properly, securely and safely vote???

Is Donald asking a question? Perhaps one of his supporters here can expound on what actions he intends to take NOW to ensure that can happen. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
13.1  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @13    4 years ago
Is Donald asking a question?

That is typically what "?" means.

Dulay
Professor Expert
13.1.1  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @13.1    4 years ago
That is typically what "?" means.

Yet we are living the the era of making statements and slapping a question mark at the end in order to avoid responsibility for it's content. 

Now, do you have anything to say about the actions Trump intents to take to ensure that Americans can 'properly, securely and safely vote'? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
13.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @13.1.1    4 years ago
Yet we are living the the era of making statements and slapping a question mark at the end in order to avoid responsibility for it's content. 

Well, I guess that is one way of looking at it.

Now, do you have anything to say about the actions Trump intents to take to ensure that Americans can 'properly, securely and safely vote'? 

What specific actions are you referring to? it might help if you could name them so I can respond accordingly.

Dulay
Professor Expert
13.1.3  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @13.1.2    4 years ago
Well, I guess that is one way of looking at it.

Yes, a very informed way to do so. Proof of it's practice can be seen on Fox almost every night. 

What specific actions are you referring to? it might help if you could name them so I can respond accordingly.

That's what I'm asking you to do Texan1211, got any? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
13.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @13.1.3    4 years ago
Yes, a very informed way to do so. Proof of it's practice can be seen on Fox almost every night. 

So you say. And as I don't watch Fox every night, but you do, I'll take your word for it. So what?

That's what I'm asking you to do Texan1211, got any? 

No, that is NOT what you asked me. Here it is again:

to which I replied "What specific actions are you referring to? it might help if you could name them so I can respond accordingly."

If you are claiming that Trump is intending to take actions, what SPECIFIC actions are you yakking on about?

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
13.1.5  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Texan1211 @13.1.4    4 years ago

are U  a contortionist..?

Dulay
Professor Expert
13.1.6  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @13.1.4    4 years ago
If you are claiming that Trump is intending to take actions, what SPECIFIC actions are you yakking on about?

Since the seed is about Trump tweeting about the specter of the possibility of "the most INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT Election in history", one would think, considering his position, he would take a proactive actions to mitigate the threat. Yet it looks like Trump loves to yell FIRE! but lacks any form of leadership to address the flames. Your comment implies that Trump's followers lack all expectation of him doing anything but fueling the flames. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
13.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @13.1.6    4 years ago

WTF are you going on about NOW????

You asked me a specific question, I asked you to clarify, and you have been ALL OVER the place since--except for actually clarifying what you meant.

I will ask ONE MORE TIME (SIGH*)

"What specific actions are you referring to? it might help if you could name them so I can respond accordingly."

When you are able to answer my question, I will be able to answer YOUR question.

Dulay
Professor Expert
13.1.8  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @13.1.7    4 years ago
You asked me a specific question, I asked you to clarify, 

Since you admit that my question was specific, WHY do you need clarification? 

and you have been ALL OVER the place since--except for actually clarifying what you meant.

"What specific actions are you referring to? it might help if you could name them so I can respond accordingly."

When you are able to answer my question, I will be able to answer YOUR question.

As everyone can see, you didn't ask for clarification, you asked me to ANSWER my own question. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
13.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @13.1.8    4 years ago

I knew you were grasping at straws but didn't realize it was so bad.

please dont ask any more vague questions

thanks![

Gsquared
Professor Principal
15  Gsquared    4 years ago

Today's insane tweet is likely due to the following:

1.  To distract from the fact that The Bureau of Economic Analysis said today that the U.S. economy posted its worst drop on record.

2.  To distract from the fact that Trump is not present at today's funeral of American hero, John Lewis, attended by three former Presidents.

3.  Trump likes to display his autocratic yearnings because his cultists eat it up.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
16  Sean Treacy    4 years ago

CBS News decided to test it, sending 100 mock ballots simulating a hundred voters in locations all across Philadelphia to a post office box. After some delays, 97 arrived. In a close election, 3% could be pivotal, especially in what's expected to be a record year for mail-in-voting.

Fraud aside, does anyone believe the USPS can handle this? The election shouldn't, and won't, be postponed but the worry that an election by mail will have significant problems is certainly justified. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
16.2  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @16    4 years ago
Fraud aside,

Your link makes NO mention of fraud, why did you? 

does anyone believe the USPS can handle this? 

Instead of belittling the USPS, Trump could be preparing them for the short term influx. Training for a starting position in the USPS is only 2 weeks, they've got plenty of time to train thousands all over the country to mitigate the issue. 

Of course, that wouldn't advance their agenda or yours. 

Ender
Professor Principal
17  Ender    4 years ago

What a maroon...

He is just setting up the narrative that if he loses, it was rigged.

Baron Creek
Junior Quiet
19  Baron Creek    4 years ago

Not going to happen, but it is a fun exercise in the "what if". If it were delayed until after 1-20-2021, then President Schumer?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
19.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Baron Creek @19    4 years ago

Wouldn't it be Pelosi since she's Speaker of the House and 3rd in the line of sucession

Baron Creek
Junior Quiet
19.1.1  Baron Creek  replied to  Trout Giggles @19.1    4 years ago

Terms end on 1-3, for the house and 35 senators. Currently Grassley would be next in line in such a scenario, but the balance of senators remaining would be D-33, R-30, I-2. So who would be President pro tempore? It's a fun exercise, imo.

Of course, once an election were held, those individuals would be out on their ear... so who would want a temporary assignment at the cost of current assignment?

Gsquared
Professor Principal
20  Gsquared    4 years ago

This is from the co-founder of the Federalist Society!

"I am frankly appalled by the president's recent tweet seeking to postpone the November election. Until recently, I had taken as political hyperbole the Democrats' assertion that President Trump is a fascist...

... this latest tweet is fascistic and is itself grounds for the president's immediate impeachment again by the House of Representatives and his removal from office by the Senate"

Professor Guide
22  Eat The Press Do Not Read It    4 years ago

Trump's comments about "suspending the Presidential Election" do not disturb you?

Is it only the Democrat's objections to his UnConstitutional proposals that alarms you?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
24  Tessylo    4 years ago

John, I hope you don't mind if I leave this here

67448345_10215234656602583_8665057298038652928_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=cl8vZS2L54sAX_DmT6N&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=fe4bd1e26a60a85688613042f822a318&oe=5F497D23

Tessylo
Professor Principal
25  Tessylo    4 years ago

116909100_3665931730085138_5028074855608805845_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=Ds3U5q5ejMEAX_9zbWJ&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=5563f560b88df4b896cdf55ecd34456b&oe=5F4A3C2D

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
26  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

I have a suggestion for Trump, but I don't think he has the physical flexibility to pull it off.