Joe Biden Blasts Trump In Campaign Speech

Category:  News & Politics

By:  john-russell  •  2 months ago  •  72 comments

Joe Biden Blasts Trump In Campaign Speech
Biden finally brought some sanity to bear.

HoGy2kAV_bigger.jpg

Ana Navarro-Cárdenas

@ananavarro

Biden finally brought some sanity to bear. He reminded us over and over Trump is full of sh*t. 180k Covid deaths, flailing economy, racial tensions, violence in the streets- ii is Trump’s America. He is President. He owns it. For the sake of America, let us elect

Quote Tweet

NrRRE0_b_normal.jpg

CNN Politics

@CNNPolitics

· 21m

Joe Biden speaking in Pittsburgh amid racial tensions: "Rioting is not protesting. Looting is not protesting. Setting fires is not protesting. None of this is protesting. It's lawlessness. Plain and simple. And those who do it should be prosecuted" https:// cnn.it/3hKIKeF

0:41

28.2K views

1:13 PM · Aug 31, 2020 · Twitter for iPad

Retweets and comments

480 507

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
smarty_function_ntUser_is_admin: user_id parameter required
[]

JohnRussell
1  author  JohnRussell    2 months ago

Biden spoke for about 25 minutes, I believe.   No signs of dementia, in him.   There may be some in the guy he was talking about today though. 

JohnRussell
2  author  JohnRussell    2 months ago

G7Z1J0k__bigger.jpg
Basia Romanowski
@basiaromanowski Level 2:
Replying to and
It’s the speech I was waiting for. It’s Donald Trump’s America. Do you really feel safe?
1:16 PM · Aug 31, 2020 · Twitter for iPad

Sean Treacy
2.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @2    2 months ago

It’s the speech I’ve been waiting for

and waiting.. and waiting...and waiting.

only 3 months  to condemn violence, rioting, looting and arson.  That’s leadership.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
2.1.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1    2 months ago

Sean,

He was just nominated. People who are not the nominees can not speak for the party.

Greg Jones
2.1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.1.1    2 months ago

But he can speak his mind on current issues

CB
2.1.3  CB   replied to  Greg Jones @2.1.2    2 months ago

Trump should speak his mind on coronavirus? Are you down with that? Or has Donald spoken his mind already?

"It is what it is."

Donald declared war on the coronavirus in March 2020; what happened?! Did the Trump Administration lose the war? Pack up equipment and came home to hide amongst seniors, high-schoolers, babes, and medical professionals?

CB
2.2  CB   replied to  JohnRussell @2    2 months ago

It's the speech I was waiting for too. Time to keep it up. Time to 'rock and roll' until after the election. Don't leave anybody out; don't leave one word unexpressed; ask for all voters's votes; and for goodness sake - prepare his own "October surprise" to counter any duffus' is surely setting up to drop!

Paula Bartholomew
2.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @2    2 months ago

Hell no.

Sean Treacy
3  Sean Treacy    2 months ago

hope Biden didn't break his neck with the 180 degree flip in position. 

Months of riots are great! Don’t punish looters, keep the feds from assisting to stop the violence  and get rid of the police, to the riots are trumps fault.

orwell would be proud. We’ve Always been at war with east Asia!

JohnRussell
3.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    2 months ago

it doesnt look good for those of you who keep trying to say biden is senile

Greg Jones
3.1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    2 months ago

Wait for the debates. jrSmiley_85_smiley_image.gif

bugsy
3.1.2  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    2 months ago

He read his entire speech off a teleprompter. Not too difficult, even with an early dementia patient.

CB
3.1.3  CB   replied to  bugsy @3.1.2    2 months ago

You're a kidder. Everybody reads from teleprompter when one is available. Even television news anchors. Just ask Tucker What's his name.

bugsy
3.1.4  bugsy  replied to  CB @3.1.3    2 months ago

They sure do. I didn't say otherwise. Wait until Hiden Biden is forced to answer questions from reputable journalists. Hint.....not liberal hacks who ask what is his favorite bedtime story.

Trout Giggles
3.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    2 months ago

huh????

I never heard Biden saying that.

That's not even imaginative 

Dismayed Patriot
3.2.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.2    2 months ago
I never heard Biden saying that.

That's because it's all projection. The right have created a straw man effigy of Biden that they have wrapped all their fears and hate around and project their right wing fascist fantasies onto Biden.

Gsquared
3.2.2  Gsquared  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.2    2 months ago

The reactionaries are getting so desperate their lies are increasing exponentially.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
3.2.3  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Gsquared @3.2.2    2 months ago

What I was thinking.

Sean Treacy
3.2.4  Sean Treacy  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.2    2 months ago

It’s taken three months for Biden to speak up as the party he is head of endorsed the rioting and defended it. 

if joe Biden had said this in may and recommended local democratic leaders work to stop the rioting  By punishing lawless behavior and cooperating with the federal law enforcement instead of enabling And supporting  violence,  so many lives would have Been saved instead of ended  or ruined.  Beyond the carnage, there are countless Homes, businesses and life savings that have been destroyed by the riots while Biden’s party did nothing.

his consent to his party’s complicity in the destruction of cities like Portland can’t be erased by a speech three months later. 
 The very fact that it’s actually news makes my case for me.  That a Wanna be leader condemns murder and rioting should be understood, not treated like a bold statement of principle.  But maybe opposing rioting is brave for a democrat these days. 

Trout Giggles
3.2.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.2.4    2 months ago

jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

Perrie Halpern R.A.
3.2.6  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.2.4    2 months ago

Sean,

He had zero authority to tell any democrat what to do for the past three months. At best, he could quietly counsel these mayors, but that is it. As the nominee, he can actually speak about it with a level of authority for the party. See how that works.

CB
3.2.7  CB   replied to  Dismayed Patriot @3.2.1    2 months ago

Let them have their fantasies. Just give them their daily truth medicine and eventually they will have no choice but to set delusions aside. Pour out gallons of truth into 'em now!

JohnRussell
4  author  JohnRussell    2 months ago

BIDEN SPEECH ON TRUMP AND PROTEST VIOLENCE

start video at 19:45

TᵢG
4.1  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @4    2 months ago

An effective message, well-delivered.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
5  Perrie Halpern R.A.    2 months ago

I watched the video and I am glad he made his stance very clear about the violence going on. Delivered well, too. 

Sean Treacy
5.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @5    2 months ago

Yeah, coming out against political violence after months of sitting in his basement  is really brave. What a hero.

What’s next joe Biden heroically says cancer is bad?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
5.1.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.1    2 months ago
Again Sean, He had zero authority to tell any democrat what to do for the past three months. At best, he could quietly counsel these mayors, but that is it. As the nominee, he can actually speak about it with a level of authority for the party. See how that works.

Sean Treacy
5.1.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @5.1.1    2 months ago

Again perrie, he’s the leader of their party. Presumably his opinion mattters to Democrats and a little public pressure goes a long way.

he’s been the presumptive nominee since February. Are you reduced to claiming joe Biden had no influence with Democrats until an Internet convention? How can you even claim that with a straight face? I guess the desperation is increasing so the Biden apologists lies are increasing exponentially.  

Perrie Halpern R.A.
5.1.3  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.1.2    2 months ago

Sean, being the "presumptive nominee" isn't being the nominee. And while he has some influence via the back door, these mayors don't have to listen to him, just like they don't listen to Trump. What do you suggest he do and with what power? 

Sean Treacy
5.1.4  Sean Treacy  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @5.1.3    2 months ago
ean, being the "presumptive nominee" isn't being the nominee

Perrie, Biden accumulated a massive majority of pledged delegates who were obligated to vote for him. There was no wiggle room. Even democrats have enough respect for rules that Biden's nomination was assured once he accumulated a majority of PLEDGED nominees bound to vote for him.  Every sane person in America understood he was the Democrats nominee for President in 2020 for months. 

Nothing stopped Joe Biden from speaking out except his own cowardice. He had every right, even if he was not "officially" nominated, to hold a press conference and say "this is wrong" months ago.  Can you find  another example of a presumptive nominee failing to speak out on an issue of national importance until his "official" nomination. I'd love to see that list.

What do you suggest he do and with what power? 

I've already said, use his position to influence his party. If he had spoken up and criticized the local leaders who allowed the riots to happen, they may actually have done their jobs. But Joe hid in the basement and stayed quiet while cities burned.  He spoke up because he's scared. You could see this coming as soon as CNN's Democratic spokespeople started to claim that the riots were helping Trump in the last week. When even Fredo admits  the Dems have a problem, you know there's panic behind the scenes.

XDm9mm
5.1.5  XDm9mm  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @5.1.3    2 months ago
Sean, being the "presumptive nominee" isn't being the nominee. And while he has some influence via the back door, these mayors don't have to listen to him, just like they don't listen to Trump. What do you suggest he do and with what power? 

I'll have to ask the same of you PH.

Exactly what can President Trump do that he has not done?   He, at the INSISTENCE of local officials, removed Federal Law Enforcement Officers protecting a Federal Courthouse as they claimed it was the LEO's presence that was instigating the violence.   How odd that the violence continues without that Federal LEO presence.

Also, unless he declares Martial Law and deploys US Military to the affected cities, his only other option is to offer Federal assistance.  What that assistance consists of could be Federal Law Enforcement Officers or the other option is to have the various governors deploy the respective State National Guard and have the federal government absorb the cost of that deployment.

So, what is Trump to do that he has not already done?  Please be specific. 

XDm9mm
5.1.6  XDm9mm  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.1.4    2 months ago
He spoke up because he's scared.

He spoke up because his handlers provided him a speech to read condemning the violence as it has had a negative impact on their polling numbers, nothing more.

Joe is barely cognizant of what is actually happening and his handlers are terrified of the downward trend of their beloved polling numbers.

Sean Treacy
5.1.7  Sean Treacy  replied to  XDm9mm @5.1.6    2 months ago
e spoke up because his handlers provided him a speech to read condemning the violence as it has had a negative impact on their polling numbers, nothing mor

1000%.  If rioting and violence were helping him (which it seemed to be early in the summer) he would never have condemned  it. Joe   biden's  never had a principle he wouldn't sacrifice for self interest.

XDm9mm
5.1.8  XDm9mm  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.1.7    2 months ago
1000%.  If rioting and violence were helping him (which it seemed to be early in the summer) he would never have condemned  it. Joe   biden's  never had a principle he wouldn't sacrifice for self interest.

What's quite telling about Hiden Biden is the abject refusal to take questions after his "appearance".  Unless the questioners are predetermined with predetermined questions which have predetermined answers on his teleprompter, he runs away.

I'm waiting for live debates where questions HOPEFULLY will not be predetermined with answers provided.

I know the first question Hiden Biden should be asked.  'Mr. Vice President, are you running for the Senate or the Presidency and what year will that term of office begin?'   A multipart question will confuse the life out of him and one might even see an unsightly bulge in his posterior when his depends fill up.

CB
5.1.9  CB   replied to  Sean Treacy @5.1.4    2 months ago

Yes, Sean. Keep seeing those dark clouds inset against the massive and pervasive blue sky! We have every expectation that Trump supporters who can see no wrong in the republican party or its policies, will in cleaning off Biden's face - pull off his nose!

Seriously, it's too transparent. This really is Trump's America one where nationalists-racists envision the trappings of a new civil war uprising. And the President tweets in furtherance of violence in the streets. Be afraid. Very afraid. Trump's America is a dangerous bargain. Oh, and the masses are broke out here!

JBB
6  JBB    2 months ago

Bet on Biden to WIN!

Release The Kraken
6.1  Release The Kraken  replied to  JBB @6    2 months ago

Trump is considering appointing him the Alzheimer's czar.

I guess that would be a win.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
6.1.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Release The Kraken @6.1    2 months ago

That's funny. Maybe we can teach Trump how to get over his stroke and relearn how to walk down a ramp:

Release The Kraken
6.1.2  Release The Kraken  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6.1.1    2 months ago

Working hard to keep the lefties from abandoning the ship. Good work!  I need them here at least one day after the election for the video I am seeding.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
6.1.3  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Release The Kraken @6.1.2    2 months ago

He might have had the big one by then. You know that is how strokes work.

Trout Giggles
6.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6.1.1    2 months ago

Look at how he purses his lips coming down that ramp. 

Release The Kraken
6.1.5  Release The Kraken  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.1.4    2 months ago

[deleted]

Trout Giggles
6.1.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  Release The Kraken @6.1.5    2 months ago

And here I thought you were a champion of women and would never sink this low.

Release The Kraken
6.1.7  Release The Kraken  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.1.6    2 months ago

[deleted]

Trout Giggles
6.1.8  Trout Giggles  replied to  Release The Kraken @6.1.7    2 months ago

Oh this should be fun.

Go for it!

Trout Giggles
6.1.9  Trout Giggles  replied to  Release The Kraken @6.1.7    2 months ago

You're taking an awfully long time.....

XDm9mm
6.1.10  XDm9mm  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6.1.1    2 months ago
Maybe we can teach Trump how to get over his stroke

As you like to note.  You CAN provide a link to that as FACT and NOT SPECULATION can you not?

and relearn how to walk down a ramp:

Maybe you hadn't heard.  He provided a viable explanation for that.  A  relatively steep metal ramp, which if you actually watched, the General was leery of.  At least until the bottom where it leveled out.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
6.1.11  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  XDm9mm @6.1.10    2 months ago

You mean the general who had his hands in his pockets and was trying to not outpace Trump, as per protocol? Nah, I don't think so.

CB
6.1.12  CB   replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6.1.1    2 months ago

Note: This is in New Hampshire August 28, 2020. There is no hand-rail (Donald loves those rails) . . .  Donald walks up the ramp - gets to the top and this happens . LOOK Closely at his face.

Picture is large so you can zone in on the facial expression. 

original

For video sighting of this go to:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1299487388755005448

Credit: https://twitter.com/dougmillsnyt/status/1299484117432664068?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1299484117432664068%7Ctwgr%5E&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mediaite.com%2Fnews%2Fwatch-trump-nearly-falls-off-platform-while-taking-stage-in-new-hampshire-or-did-he%2F

I don't usually mock people, but its just desserts. Look. Good. At. His. Face. Get. Close. To. Your. Screen.

XDm9mm
6.1.13  XDm9mm  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6.1.11    2 months ago
You mean the general who had his hands in his pockets and was trying to not outpace Trump,

There ya go with HYPERBOLE PH.   I hate to break the news to you, but I know of NO, allow me to repeat that so it is not misunderstood, NO General Rank officer in ANY branch of the military that would or has walked around with "his hands in his pockets".   Hell girl, even your own posted video disproves that bullshit line

XDm9mm
6.1.14  XDm9mm  replied to  CB @6.1.12    2 months ago
Note this is in New Hampshire August 28, 2020. There is no hand-hold railing. . . .  Donald gets to the top and this happens. LOOK Closely at his face. Picture is large so you can zone in on the facial expression.

Maybe YOU should have read the CAPTION with the STILL photo, NO VIDEO of YOUR posted link.  and I QUOTE:

Doug Mills @dougmillsnyt
·
Aug 28 .
jokes like he’s falling off the walkway as he arrives for a campaign rally in Londonderry, NH
Oh and just to rub salt in that wound, please note the POSTER....   Doug Mills of, drum roll please...  The NEW YORK TIMES!!!!
Damn, THANKS for making that so EASY CB.  Greatly appreciated!!!

CB
6.1.15  CB   replied to  XDm9mm @6.1.14    2 months ago

For the record, Donald does not "kid" remember. He said so himself. And there are two links there both have clickable video on them. You have to 'work it.'  Finally, I did read the caption, but captions can be BS too. Look at that 'puss' - Trump would not give it up in a joke since he does not kid.

Believe-perceive whatever you will. I think it is all silly anyway. But that's just me (again).  Oh, here is Donald (on the inside clutching the hand rail). Melania is in the lime green dress.

original

Donald is there something about stairs in your past? Inquiring minds want to know!

CB
6.1.16  CB   replied to  XDm9mm @6.1.14    2 months ago

https://twitter.com/DNCWarRoom/status/1299487388755005448   Here is your assist and hand off (from me to you). I have no expectation that Donald would tell the truth anyway if asked. Truth is a premium convenience in short supply for Donald. Believe-perceive what you will. In the scheme of life making fun of people's disabilities is ignorant anyway.

Incidentally, for the mocker of teleprompter users, note in the tweet video (first paragraph) - Donald did not leave home without one!

Paula Bartholomew
6.1.17  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.1.6    2 months ago

Think again.  He is no champion of women.  Some of his seeds prove that.

Trout Giggles
6.1.18  Trout Giggles  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @6.1.17    2 months ago

It was a rhetorical question

Trout Giggles
6.1.19  Trout Giggles  replied to  CB @6.1.15    2 months ago

CB, with all due respect, and I hate defending the Monster in Chief, but those hand rails are there for a reason...to help one down or upstairs. When I was in basic training we were ordered to use handrails whenever they were available. I still do, primarily since I broke my ankle in two places, I can be a bit unsteady at times and I fear another fall will cause me to lose a foot.

He is 72? 73? so he really ought to use handrails or he could take a header down a flight of stairs. As for his little jig in your other video, he didn't need to act like he meant to do it. He really did lose his footing. Of course, when Hillary did it, she was "sick" or something. Not DJT tho

XDm9mm
6.1.20  XDm9mm  replied to  CB @6.1.15    2 months ago
For the record, Donald does not "kid" remember. He said so himself. And there are two links there both have clickable video on them. You have to 'work it.'  Finally, I did read the caption, but captions can be BS too. Look at that 'puss' - Trump would not give it up in a joke since he does not kid.

Actually Trump does joke around.  And your pathetic attempt at diversion and failure to accept your own failure is quite evident.  Thanks again!!

JBB
6.1.21  JBB  replied to  XDm9mm @6.1.20    2 months ago

Trump is a joke and he is round. There you go!

CB
6.1.22  CB   replied to  Trout Giggles @6.1.19    2 months ago

Hi Trout! I agree. And no problem. There is no daylight between us, (shout out to Enoch!). As someone (me) who has grown to have stray instances of vertigo I appreciate handrails too. And things to hold on to. What is driving my prominent pushing on this, is how petty and persistent some people here are to talk about "senior moments" and inconsequential things. Donald is an old man and he projects so-called strength in similar manner as he projects lies—through a battery of acolytes and surrogates on television and social media.

Trump is 73 (pretty sure I heard it, but it ain't worth my looking it up). And yet, he is so stupid that he walks about mocking other people in ways we all were taught not to do.

And then there is this: We all tell children that goodly character does not mock, lie, cheat, or steal. But here we have these fake people standing on all four vices as a means to reelect this horse's ass of a leader! Frankly it nauseous.

One more thing (I'm hot now). If he had tilted over and fell off the platform it would have been his just desserts. Why? Because Donald is over-saturated on air. It is part of his schtick to be busy, per se. Appear busy. Snap-snap. Talk and say nothing ultimately. "Jet-set." People fall into the trap of thinking all that "busi-ness" is important stuff happening.

No, sometimes it is a con. It is a misleading perception. Falling on his big fat ass would snap some people out of their stupor. And, they will go, "Hey! He needs to go sit down somewhere."

I have sympathy and empathy for a great many people. Donald Trump is undeserving of it.

Dismayed Patriot
6.1.23  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.1.19    2 months ago
When I was in basic training we were ordered to use handrails whenever they were available

While there is no shame in using handrails no matter what age you are, I haven't been told to use both hands to drink from a cup since I was four.

wq6qvyfqccurjiphqdni

I guess he can use the excuse "But my hands are just so small I have to use them both!"...

r.t..b...
6.1.24  r.t..b...  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @6.1.17    2 months ago
He is no champion of women.  Some of his seeds prove that.

All four of them at one point or another.

Trout Giggles
6.1.25  Trout Giggles  replied to  CB @6.1.22    2 months ago

jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg

Trout Giggles
6.1.26  Trout Giggles  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.1.23    2 months ago

You have a point, Sir!

CB
6.1.27  CB   replied to  XDm9mm @6.1.20    2 months ago

"I don't kid." - Donald.

Of course, Donald kids. But, he said it and of course that was lie too. But, since you think Donald is a diversion for me, don't bother to comment back. Let it roll off your back like water off a duck's you know what!

XDm9mm
6.1.28  XDm9mm  replied to  CB @6.1.27    2 months ago

[deleted]

Texan1211
6.1.29  Texan1211  replied to  XDm9mm @6.1.28    2 months ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Paula Bartholomew
6.1.30  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.1.18    2 months ago

Oh ok.

Sean Treacy
7  Sean Treacy    2 months ago

You want to know why Biden finally spoke out after months of hiding? 

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/elections/betting_odds/2020_president/

Fear.....

Perrie Halpern R.A.
7.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sean Treacy @7    2 months ago

Oh please, try again. 

JBB
7.2  JBB  replied to  Sean Treacy @7    2 months ago

Oddsmakers had it Hillary In A Landslide in 2016!

Paula Bartholomew
7.2.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JBB @7.2    2 months ago

The popular vote could not overcome the stupidity of the EC.

XDm9mm
7.2.2  XDm9mm  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @7.2.1    2 months ago
The popular vote could not overcome the stupidity of the EC.

So you obviously do not like people abiding by the law?   The EC voted as their respective states required them to.

Do you live in Portland or Seattle?