╌>

Trump Encourages People to Illegally Try to Vote Twice

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  53 comments

By:   Talis Shelbourne (Heavy. com)

Trump Encourages People to Illegally Try to Vote Twice
Trump suggested that North Carolinians vote absentee and in person to "make sure it counted."

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

pjimage-2-1.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&w=780

President Donald Trump suggested that North Carolina voters should vote twice after he was asked by a reporter if he was confident in the state's absentee ballot system, Politico reported.

Trump's response was that people should vote twice, once absentee and another time in person: "If you get the unsolicited ballots, send it in and then make sure it counted. And then if it doesn't tabulate, you vote. You just vote," he said indicating people go and vote in person.

Trump's comments sparked outrage, especially since he has accused Democrats and Democratic candidates of voter fraud on multiple occasions.

The last high-profile case of voter fraud in North Carolina occurred when Republican candidate Mark Harris was accused of hiring someone to harvest ballots for him during the 2018 midterms; he was charged with election fraud, the New York Times reported.

Trump was in North Carolina to designate Wilmington, North Carolina as the "first American World War II Heritage City." During his remarks, Trump said, "With this designation, we proudly declare that, in America, we don't tear down the past, we celebrate our heroes, we cherish our heritage, we preserve our history, and we build a future."

During the ceremony, Trump recognized several World War II veterans and also lauded upholding "the rule of law."

That made his statements to the press about voting so much more ironic, when — on that same trip — he encouraged North Carolinians to vote twice, just in case their absentee ballots do not go through, which is voter fraud and a felony violation of the law. Here are Trump's remarks in full:

They had some interesting polls. I don't know, do I like it? Do I not like it? I guess I probably do. But they say no matter what it is, there are more votes for Trump because a lot of people say, "Just leave me alone I am going to vote the way I want to vote and then they go in and vote for Trump."

On your ballots, if you get the unsolicited ballots, send it in, and then go and make sure it counted, and if it doesn't tabulate, you vote. You just vote. And then they if they tabulated very late — which they shouldn't be doing — they'll see you voted, end it won't count. So, send it in early, and then go and vote. And if it's not tabulated, you vote and the vote is going to count.

You can't let them take your vote away. These people are playing dirty politics, dirty politics. So, if you have an absentee ballot, or as I call it, a solicited ballot, you send it in. But I (would) check it, in any event, I would go and follow it and go vote. And everybody here wants to vote. We all vote the old-fashioned way. You know, we voted in World War I. We voted in World War II. We're going to see some great World War II heroes right now. But we voted in World War II.

And today, they want to give everybody ballots. And every place where they've done it, it's been a mess. They don't know where they are. They do not know who they're sending them to. It's a terrible thing. Follow your ballot and vote. It's very important. I think everybody understands. Take care, North Carolina. We have to win it big. So, we just got a pool: we are up seven (points) in Georgia. We are up a lot everywhere; I think, (by) a lot, everywhere.

After winning the previous presidential election, Trump claimed that "millions of people voted illegally," which earned him four Pinocchios from Washington Post fact-checkers and later, his same claim received a "Pants-on-fire" rating from PolitiFact.

According to NPR, he's made the same comments before during the mid-terms, stating that millions of people voted illegally in California by voting twice: "In many places, like California, the same person votes many times — you've probably heard about that," Trump said. "They always like to say 'oh that's a conspiracy theory' — not a conspiracy theory folks. Millions and millions of people."

As reported earlier by Heavy, voting by mail has both advantages and disadvantages. It can be disenfranchising for rural voters as well as voters on tribal lands and it can also create longer wait times for results. Several studies, however, have found that voting by mail has increased voter turnout among ethnically and economically diverse voters and that it also saves states money in the long run.

Trump and members of his cabinet, including Vice President Mike Pence, have voted by mail multiple times, the Times reported.

Can You Vote Twice If You Think Your Original Vote Might Not Be Counted?

How To Vote by Mail in 2020Voting from home is a great option for vulnerable voters and anyone else who wants to protect others during a pandemic! So the rules have changed to make it easier! Check out this video to see how you can vote from home and how you can help others to do it too!2020-08-27T15:04:19Z

Even if you are unsure your original ballot was counted, you cannot simply vote twice just to "make sure"; you must reach out to a member of the state board of elections (a list is available here) and/or check with your state's website (North Carolina voting website) to confirm that an absentee ballot was received. The proper way to vote absentee in North Carolina is described here.

Voting twice, however, is both illegal and can unnecessarily increase the burden on poll workers if they receive a surge of duplicate ballots, making the process of tabulation take longer - just like Trump said it should not in his earlier comments.

Trump's comments have come under fire because it is illegal to intentionally vote twice, under both state and federal law. Here is what the federal law is on voting twice, according to Cornell's Law University: "Whoever votes more than once in an election referred to in paragraph (2) shall be fined not more than $10,000 or imprisoned not more than five years, or both."

That statute goes on to state that this prohibition is regarding any presidential and Congressional election, including delegates from the territories, such as Puerto Rico. It does note, however, that "the term 'votes more than once' does not include the casting of an additional ballot if all prior ballots of that voter were invalidated."

North Carolina state law, as spelled out on the Jones County webpage, is even more explicit: "For any person with (the) intent to commit a fraud to register or vote at more than one precinct or more than one time, or to induce another to do so, in the same primary or election, or to vote illegally at any primary or election."

READ NEXT: Here Are Some of the Advantages and Disadvantages Voting By Mail Faces, Six Months Away from the 2020 Presidential Election

Read More Breaking News. Politics, Donald Trump, Illegal, Politics, President Trump, US Politics, Voting

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago
President Donald Trump suggested that North Carolina voters should vote twice after he was asked by a reporter if he was confident in the state's absentee ballot system, Politico reported. Trump's response was that people should vote twice, once absentee and another time in person: "If you get the unsolicited ballots, send it in and then make sure it counted. And then if it doesn't tabulate, you vote. You just vote," he said indicating people go and vote in person.

This was Chris Cuomo's response - "what is this, SNL ? "

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     4 years ago

Encouraging voter fraud. 

Oh, the irony.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Kavika @2    4 years ago

He must be senile.

Freewill
Junior Quiet
2.1.1  Freewill  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    4 years ago
He must be senile.

Indeed.  If he hates the unsolicited mailed ballot so much then why not suggest people round file it and then go vote in person?  But you can't vote twice.  He should know better than that.  Fuck all!  We have a choice between two candidates with clear early signs of Lewy Body Dementia running for president.  That's just great!  We need a viable third party candidate... BAD!

Gsquared
Professor Principal
2.2  Gsquared  replied to  Kavika @2    4 years ago

Oh, the criminality.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.3  Raven Wing  replied to  Kavika @2    4 years ago

Here's the article on his encouragement for people in NC to vote twice. It would be illegal, and he does know this. He is only trying to set up a reason to declare the election invalid to either buy himself more time as President, or say the election was rigged. I can imagine the number of ignorant people who will vote twice, and so does Trump. And he is hoping it is enough to disqualify the election.

His being stupid enough to say it out loud that he wants to corrupt the election. But, he is so desperate at this time he will do anything to disqualify the election so he can stay in the WH longer.

In fact, he should be legally held accountable for making such a statement. That is out and out encouraging people to vote illegally. Corruption any one?

Gsquared
Professor Principal
2.3.1  Gsquared  replied to  Raven Wing @2.3    4 years ago

There has never been corruption in American politics as deep and  pervasive as the criminal Trump regime.

CB
Professor Principal
2.3.2  CB  replied to  Raven Wing @2.3    4 years ago

He has never had presidential temperament. And his enablers won't teach him any discipline. Donald is running around like a horse without rider! We brought this on ourselves. People are dropping like flies we love. And, Donald is close to getting four more years. Just what the next novel virus needs—time on Donald's new watch!

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.3.3  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Raven Wing @2.3    4 years ago

As I posted elsewhere..........................

"Okay. I asked one of our members yesterday, who happens to live in Michigan, about tracking her vote. She said they get notified when their vote is received and approved AND if it should be rejected for some reason, do they have recourse. She informed me yes as long as they request a new one and as long as it is prior to a deadline, they could re-vote. So, to me, if mine were rejected and it was easier, I would opt for going in person to make sure my vote was counted without a "determination" as to whether or not I crossed all the T's and dotted all the I's. So once again, we have much ado about jack shit."

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.3.4  Ozzwald  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.3.3    4 years ago

So once again, we have much ado about jack shit."

And once again your response is about jack shit.  You're not responding to what Trump actually said, you're responding  to a twisting of his quote to try and come up with an excuse for him.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.3.5  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Ozzwald @2.3.4    4 years ago
"If you get the unsolicited ballots, send it in and then make sure it counted. And then if it doesn't tabulate, you vote. You just vote," he said indicating people go and vote in person.

Doesn't get much clearer than that as to what he meant. READ what I wrote again. As for you and others here, you read and interpret to suit your agenda. Nothing more.

As said, I would vote in person (even though I don't intend to use mail in) if my mail in was rejected. Plain as day. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.3.6  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.3.5    4 years ago
As said, I would vote in person (even though I don't intend to use mail in) if my mail in was rejected. Plain as day.

Clearly the President has no idea how an election works. There is no way to "tabulate" your vote after you've sent it in unless you get your mail-in-ballot physically returned to you ahead of election day.

So either Trump is just a complete moron (no argument here) and is just expressing how little he knows about elections, or he's saying if the "vote" doesn't "tabulate" aka show him winning from early exit polls, then he's suggesting his supporters vote in person as well. My bet is that he's just a complete moron, but then that was never really in question.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.3.7  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.3.6    4 years ago
She informed me yes as long as they request a new one and as long as it is prior to a deadline, they could re-vote. So, to me, if mine were rejected and it was easier, I would opt for going in person to make sure my vote was counted

So you didn't read it either? She clearly stated that they could get a do over because they ARE notified if their vote was rejected or counted. 

CB
Professor Principal
2.3.8  CB  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.3.3    4 years ago

Wrong. This is a talking horse's ass of a president misleading people in another of his many unorthodox statements to assault our deliberately kept fragile voting system. A system  that some conservatives have been laboring productively to disenfranchise and disallow citizens access to since the beginning of the franchise! The only difference is in this one Trump wants his own voters to "take one for the team" by potentially defrauding the voting system. In the ensuing chaos, Donny will shout out, "Rigged" and head off with his bank of lawyers to a court nearby.

As you should know the facilitating point of voting by mail (absentee voting) during this pandemic and voting period is to limit direct contact between citizens at the polls. If a concern is the accurately of a turned in ballot, singular, being accepted then don't vote by mail: go to the polls only!

Potential dilemma solved. A sitting president advocating a 'cluster-fuck'  voting crime is immoral, dangerous, and beneath the dignity of the office.

Enter one Donald J. Trump.

CB
Professor Principal
2.3.9  CB  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.3.6    4 years ago

Donald Trump is attempting to to put bite to his threat that lawyers will be involved in legal battles lasting into January! We all know how litigious this SOB is. So he is dropping into the 'blender'  an idea to cause a cluster-fuck, if only he can get his millions of enablers to ping the system by trying it.

Donald Trump, a sitting president, is trying to throw this election into the courts! My "f-ing" it up! Sending his minions to raise hell and confusions at the polls.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.3.10  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  CB @2.3.8    4 years ago
If a concern is the accurately of a turned in ballot, singular, being accepted then don't vote by mail: go to the polls only!

Didn't get it again.The point is, if one has no idea why their mail in was rejected, the way to remedy it for good is to vote in person.

And he didn't advocate for a voting crime. I'll do this one more time.

and then make sure it counted. And then if it doesn't tabulate,you vote.

Are you saying the do over they are allowed at least in Michigan shouldn't be legal cuz they fucked up the first time?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.3.11  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.3.7    4 years ago
because they ARE notified if their vote was rejected or counted. 

You are only notified by mail if your ballot was rejected, there is no such call or mail to notify you that your vote was counted.

As I said "unless you get your mail-in-ballot physically returned to you ahead of election day" which is the physical notice that your ballot was rejected. In that case, go ahead and vote in person.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.3.12  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.3.11    4 years ago
You are only notified by mail if your ballot was rejected, there is no such call or mail to notify you that your vote was counted.

This is getting old but I'll give you "that it was counted". If they got it, it damned well should have been counted. She stated that they can check status online NOT that they "give ya a ring" or mail a notice. If you want, I'll, with her permission, let you know who it was. Otherwise, give it a rest please. I know what was shared.

CB
Professor Principal
2.3.13  CB  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.3.10    4 years ago

See @5.1.2. I'm moving on now.

Are you saying the do over they are allowed at least in Michigan shouldn't be legal cuz they fucked up the first time?

No, I am saying that Donald Trump is a "f-up" who could give a damn about standard operating procedures, or words to that effect.

CB
Professor Principal
3  CB    4 years ago

Donny 'Loco.' Not to worry though, the "mob" is on its way to clean up the mess! In 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 -1— .

Vote ASAP is not the same thing as voting twice.

Ender
Professor Principal
4  Ender    4 years ago

Unbelievable. Just when I think I have seen it all. Something new everyday.

This twisted piece of shit is a nightmare.

CB
Professor Principal
4.1  CB  replied to  Ender @4    4 years ago

He  wants four more years and some.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
4.2  Gsquared  replied to  Ender @4    4 years ago

Something new every day is the point.  His goal is to "normalize" his constant malfeasance and corruption so that the public is overwhelmed and exhausted by it, and thus, unable to react or resist.  It is how an authoritarian leader acts.  His apologists will, of course, trot out the usual "It was a joke".  Trump doesn't joke.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Gsquared @4.2    4 years ago

North Carolina is a swing state. I think he hopes some of those double votes will get through and be counted. 

He knows that his supporters will not rebuke him for this idea. 

CB
Professor Principal
4.2.2  CB  replied to  Gsquared @4.2    4 years ago

Donald Trump's outrageous remarks in themselves, were they to be followed relevant to voting by anyone—Donny won't appear at his Florida vote station—would be a crime. Note: Donny 'Loco' ain't stupid enough to follow his own advice to vote by absentee ballot (mail-in vote) and appear with cameras rolling and reporters in tow to vote in person.

He wants his 'saps' to jack the system up. And he has beaucoup saps out an about the country!

CB
Professor Principal
4.2.3  CB  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.1    4 years ago

Why is this president allowed to be so uncouth about everything? I want the proper amount of outrage over this "privileged" horse's ass farting from its head and polluting our better run society!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.4  Texan1211  replied to  CB @4.2.3    4 years ago
I want the proper amount of outrage over this "privileged" horse's ass farting from its head and polluting our better run society!

Seriously, isn't your personal outrage enough for you?

CB
Professor Principal
4.2.5  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.4    4 years ago

th?id=OIP.YVe8g7vvjbWt2cE9R1WncQHaD4&w=187&h=100&c=8&rs=1&qlt=90&dpr=1.25&pid=3.1&rm=2

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.6  Texan1211  replied to  CB @4.2.5    4 years ago

[deleted]

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5  Just Jim NC TttH    4 years ago

Okay. I asked one of our members yesterday, who happens to live in Michigan, about tracking her vote. She said they get notified when their vote is received and approved AND if it should be rejected for some reason, do they have recourse. She informed me yes as long as they request a new one and as long as it is prior to a deadline, they could re-vote. So, to me, if mine were rejected and it was easier, I would opt for going in person to make sure my vote was counted without a "determination" as to whether or not I crossed all the T's and dotted all the I's. So once again, we have much ado about jack shit.

Freewill
Junior Quiet
5.1  Freewill  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5    4 years ago

Interesting point.  I was not aware of the notification upon receipt/counting or rejection of the mail in ballot.  I have voted by mail (absentee ballot) for years here in California and never once was I alerted as to the the fate of my ballot (as though it mattered with the winner take all electoral votes here).  Certainly that could explain some of President Trumps comments, but does that apply in North Carolina as well?  I went and checked and this is what their FAQ section on their website says:

Will I be notified if my absentee ballot is rejected? Will I have a chance to remedy any deficiencies?
County boards of elections will contact voters when there are deficiencies with their absentee ballot. You should provide your phone number or email address on the request form in case the county board needs to contact you. The State Board encourages voters to carefully read and follow the instructions that come with the ballot. The State Board also encourages voters to request and return their absentee ballot as early as possible to ensure time remains to correct any issues. If an issue arises and the voter is unable to successfully cast an absentee ballot, that voter may still vote during the in-person early voting period or on Election Day .

Looks to me like they only alert you if there are problems with your mail in ballot, not necessarily when it is received or approved.  Going back and re-reading Trumps statements, I could see how the underlined portion above is what he meant.  But as is common with Mr. Trump, his statements are unclear, confusing, and easily interpreted by others (either due to ignorance, or on purpose to malign him politically) as meaning something entirely different (i.e. the drinking bleach to kill Covid meme).  If he would be more clear and cite sources, it would cut off much of the confusion and media zeal to paint him as ignorant or senile.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Freewill @5.1    4 years ago

Thank you for the info but I was talking Michigan. I didn't know about the North Carolina thing because i am not interested in mail in so it doesn't matter....to me. Just like i'm not mailing in a signed lottery winning ticket. Too many possiblities

Thanks again.jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

And while we are on the subject of mail, I recently had a problem with my ATT gateway and had to get another. They provide you with a return, pre-paid label to mail back the defective one. I did just that last month and got a call last week (three weeks after it was mailed) stating they hadn't received it yet and I was going to have to pay for it if they didn't receive it soon. Did some tracking and couldn't find squat as far as progress in the "shipment". I just can't trust the mail with something so important and valuable to me.

Again, thanks.

CB
Professor Principal
5.1.2  CB  replied to  Freewill @5.1    4 years ago
The State Board also encourages voters to request and return their absentee ballot as early as possible to ensure time remains to correct any issues . If an issue arises and the voter is unable to successfully cast an absentee ballot, that voter may still vote during the in-person early voting period or on Election Day .

President Donald Trump tells people to vote by mail, then go to the polls to vote

Per the red I put in your comment, the State Board wants voters to act in an ORDERLY manner to fix any issue with their ballot comfortably ahead of the hustle and bustle of election day, or if all else fails. They will be instructed to appear in person on election day. 

What Donald is talking about regarding voting in the video will create a redundancy. Innumerable voters, systematically mail in ballots at the last instance, if an unknown number of "late mailers" judge that they should go in person too to vote, these filers will be allowed to vote in-person .

Thus, they will have voted twice , per the President's deliberate statement to do so. Then, the press is on to clean up a tedious process of duplicated votes as to the intent of the voters having done so.

This is why participants in the politics, usually stay their voices (and their big ass mouths) out of other professionals areas of expertise.

Donald is a "f-up" who ruins everything he touches, including the economy; no other way to put it nicely.

|

As to tracking a ballot in California:

wheres-my-ballot-button.png

Tracking your vote-by-mail ballot—when it is mailed, received, and counted—has never been easier. The California Secretary of State is now offering Where’s My Ballot? —a new way for voters to track and receive notifications on the status of their vote-by-mail ballot. Powered by BallotTrax, Where’s My Ballot?   lets voters know where their ballot is, and its status, every step of the way.

Sign-up at WheresMyBallot.sos.ca.gov  to receive automatic email, SMS (text), or voice call notifications about your ballot.  

Where'sMyBallot? is available in every county.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.1.3  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  CB @5.1.2    4 years ago
f an unknown number of "late mailers" judge that they should go in person too to vote, these filers will be allowed to vote in-person . Thus, they will have voted twice , per the President's deliberate statement to do so.

No cigar...........unless they are incompetent at their record keeping, as soon as that ballot hits, the rolls should be updated to reflect such receipt and thus when showing up in person, the record would show they had already voted. I cannot walk into my polling place twice even hours apart as on true election day, when I always vote, the person working the polls has a book with my name and in turn, plaster a sticker on the ballot.

That may be a problem with states, especially in presidential elections, having their own "rules" for voting.

Freewill
Junior Quiet
5.1.4  Freewill  replied to  CB @5.1.2    4 years ago
Tracking your vote-by-mail ballot—when it is mailed, received, and counted—has never been easier. The California Secretary of State is now offering Where’s My Ballot? —a new way for voters to track and receive notifications on the status of their vote-by-mail ballot. Powered by BallotTrax, Where’s My Ballot?   lets voters know where their ballot is, and its status, every step of the way.

Awesome!  Thanks for the info CB.  I will look into that. Just signed up for it.

evilone
Professor Guide
5.1.5  evilone  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1.1    4 years ago
Did some tracking and couldn't find squat as far as progress in the "shipment".

I was just reading an article yesterday talking about people all over having similar issues with USPS.

CB
Professor Principal
5.1.6  CB  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1.3    4 years ago

My comment stands. I am not here to persuade or sell a Trump supporter anything today.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago

One has to wonder why Trump even brought up voting by mail and then trying to vote again. No one else in the country that I know of has said such a thing. 

Let's not overcomplicate this thing.  Trump wants his voters to try and vote twice. He's hoping that some of them , through whatever mistake, will be able to vote twice and thus increase his hopes in North Carolina. 

CB
Professor Principal
6.1  CB  replied to  JohnRussell @6    4 years ago

You can see in "full-on" in the video clip @5.1.2! Donny is talking out of all-sides of his face! He wants people to vote by absentee ballot>vote in person>it's safe to do>it's "the devil's work">he does'nt like it>his lawyers are filing and prepared to do more briefs about it>ad nauseam.

This nation will have a collective nervous breakdown  at some point in the next four years if Donny is allowed to continue this way. He simply does not stop talking or touching everything in the nation!  BTW, he plans to end the Affordable Health Act (Obamacare) in a second term. We will have many chronic medical conditions borne out of Covid-19 vaccine or not in 2021!

We can't afford another Trump Administration. It is time for the so-called, "silent majority" to quietly vote for Biden!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @6    4 years ago

Biden so has to bring this up in the debates.

CB
Professor Principal
7  CB    4 years ago

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.politico.com%2F9f%2F06%2F60c9b54e4ec291e6aea3745058e6%2Fap20245679380003.jpg

Facebook to remove videos of Trump urging supporters to vote twice

The action will apply to posts that share the video without any context or that express support for Trump’s remarks.

A company spokesperson said in a statement that video of the remarks “violates our policies prohibiting voter fraud." | AP Photo/Jeff Chiu, File

By CRISTIANO LIMA   09/03/2020 12:40 PM EDT

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  CB @7    4 years ago

How about those that use it against him?..............which inevitably will happen. Wonder what they'll do with those? I'll have to read your link. Thanks.

CB
Professor Principal
7.1.1  CB  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7.1    4 years ago

Facebook and Twitter are trying to protect their brands. Too bad, Trump could give a ____ about their brands. Imagine that, our sitting president trying to abuse (Disrespect) the brands of his business constituents. Only in 'merica!

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
8  Account Deleted    4 years ago

Is voting twice for Trump a federal crime if Trump wins?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
8.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Account Deleted @8    4 years ago

Yep. Strange you should ask. Voting twice for anyone is a federal crime...........or were you being facetious?

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
8.1.1  Account Deleted  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @8.1    4 years ago

I'll rephrase - Would someone who votes twice for Trump face Federal prosecution  if Trump wins. Their defense would be that they were following the orders of the President of the United States.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
8.1.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Account Deleted @8.1.1    4 years ago

There may be some stupid enough to do that and let the chips fall where they may. Just following orders didn't work out too well for all the Nazis that "followed orders" from what's his name and were prosecuted for said crimes. 

CB
Professor Principal
8.1.3  CB  replied to  Account Deleted @8.1.1    4 years ago

Said individual/s would have a court 'case.' It would be up to the DOJ—nevermind. Or, it would be up to a judge to determine what was the motivation of the individual by his or her personal actions related to time, place, and activity/ities.

Again, this is why president's do not misuse (abuse) the awesome power vested in their office against their constituents. Most presidents have a suitable amount of humanity (left) so that he/she won't yield  to the temptation to experiment with live humans just to see if certain segments of the populace can get just that 'right' amount of scorching suitable to taste.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
9  Just Jim NC TttH    4 years ago

I'll just leave this here............................

CB
Professor Principal
9.1  CB  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @9    4 years ago

Rephrase that: This is how some Trump and conservative medias are spinning everything into its "right-side" - "left-side" narratives. It's what Kellyanne Conway in 2015 on CNN called, "alternative facts." Clearly, insincere people can orient anything by 'flipping it.' The operative word being, "Insincere."

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
9.1.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  CB @9.1    4 years ago

And that's what we have here in this article. The intellectuals cannot see beyond their respective perceptions of what is said and what was meant. Unfortunately after four years they still use their views of what SHOULD be instead of what is. They should have learned by now but that doesn't get clicks.

JMHO

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.2  CB  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @9.1.1    4 years ago

Clicks? Look. Let's be clear. No one tells Donald to talk to the public daily. He is a big mouth all on his own accord. Moreover, he is a lazy and vulgar big mouth who is not very articulate, but he has useful surrogates.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
9.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @9    4 years ago

Both are just nature to me. Neither positive nor negative.